New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Random Plots and Places 10: Results may not be between 1 and 10

Deserted Cavern

Three of the propane tanks are full, and somebody might spot, whilst they're in the area, a small pistol lying on the floor amongst the tables and chairs.

The upright portaloos are empty, but the one that has fallen over has a black leather wallet inside. The wallet has five ten pound notes in British currency, and a small collection of Canadian coins. There's also a folded piece of paper amongst the notes.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

"Found a wallet!"
    Veronica says, ignoring the gun as she can't use one. She'll dig through and look at the paper inside to see what it says.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Jace takes the gun out of curiousity. Weapons are easily sell-able at least. He checks it for ammo.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

The gun is a copper revolver, chambered in 9mm rounds with space for four rounds. It's got one bullet in it. The gun is enchanted, transforming bullets into magical bolts after they've been fired. Engraved into the butt of the gun's grip is a word- 'Vengeance'.

The piece of paper says 'If this wallet is found, and not immediately returned, I shall hunt you, I shall find you, and when I do, I shall kill you and use your skin to make a hat.' There isn't actually any contact details, however, just the rather grim message written in what seems like dried blood.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Welp. That settles that. She wasn't going to keep a potentially cursed wallet. She doesn't even take the cash and just sets it back where she found it. "Welp. So much for that. Might have been cursed. I returned it to where I found it." She says before heading over to Jace and peer at the revolver. "Looks interesting. Gonna keep it? It's rather pretty." She admits.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Jace nods, examining it. "It has a neat little enchantment. Maybe I'll see if I can reverse-engineer it and duplicate it on a repeater."
    The sorcerer passes a hand over the wallet to check if it's actually cursed or just a random piece of paper.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

The threat on the paper is just that- a threat. Once it was bound with a charm that let the owner know where the wallet was (and therefore make good on the threat) but the magic started to dissolve after the previous owner died and now, after six months, it's barely detectable.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

Oasis Forest Dungeon - Closed Scene

The Oasis forest dungeon is a mid-sized dungeon with the ceiling broken in parts due to vines, weeds, tree roots and all manner of overgrown plant matter, plant matter that also cover the walls in various places so much that the stone walls beneath them are barely visible. Through the large cracks and holes in the ceiling, a full moon shines, illuminating the otherwise dark area, save for a few lit wall torches. The torches closer to the entrance look like they've been burning for quite a while.

Kelcey and Sharpe appear in a small clearing, facing away from one of the main entrances. They appear to be in a circular room with doors on all four cardinal points. Directly in front of them is a door that has been cleanly split in twain; to their left is a small room that looks like it's been completely looted and to their right is a door that's been barred from the other side.

Sharpe stands at attention, cranking his head in the direction of the cut door. "The knife. I can sense it. Axxie's here."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

So the knife really is Sharpe's. And it's with Axanot, perhaps forever. Interesting.

'Hey, it worked, funnily enough. We must be following the plot,' Kelcey says with a grin, looking at the one broken door in front of them that's begging to be walked through. She lifts an open palm, chants 'Hallowed Light,' and a floating ball of light glows into being above her hand. It moves to circle Kelcey's head. She repeats the spell, and smoothly guides the second light to move around Sharpe.

'Always good to have a light. Give me a moment to spell up please.' Kelcey makes a few graceful gestures with her arms, and starts chanting again.

'Champions' Strength.' Kelcey seems to grow slightly taller, a touch more muscular, and overall, somewhat more heroic.

'Sanctuary.' A pure white aura surrounds Kelcey, glowing bright for a moment before dimming, though it can still be easily seen.

'Spirit Shield.' Small but numerous wisps of white swirl around Kelcey in a mystical spiral. (It gives a small chance to reflect attacks back at the enemy.)

After Kelcey chants a dozen or more similar spells, she slips a hand beneath her silk robe, and pulls out a thin foot-long paddle with an oak handle and a triangular leather head. 'Sword Of Righteousness.' A white (do her spells have any other color?) aura flows from her hand to envelope the paddle. The aura then takes on the shape of a sharp, glowing longsword.

Kelcey turns to Sharpe. 'Do you want me to cast the same spells on you? And who's tanking?'

If Sharpe says yes to the first question, Kelcey will... well... cast the spells on him. Except Hallowed Light and Sword Of Righteousness.

(I'll have to go offline soon.)
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-07 at 10:03 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

"I guess you're big on white, eh?" Sharpe says with a small smile. "Thanks for the light, but one of the perks of being vampire-kin is nightvision and blood vision. Thank you, though. I should prepare too." Sharpe says as he spawns a knife, dips it into a bottle in one of his pouches and stabs himself in the heart with it. "Nrgh that's the stuff. Helps me tank certain types of damage, for a bit." (blunt force)

"Alright, let's go."

The two walk for a while with their guard up, Sharpe pointing out the way with his knife-sense. The dungeon seems relatively quiet, and one look at the floor of the last few rooms they just passed provides a possible explanation: someone has slain all the former occupants (read: monsters) of the dungeon. The two should also notice something else: there were no dead monsters in the previous room.

"HOWWWWLLLLLL!" A loud howl is heard, followed by two other replies. Judging by the loudness and direction of the howls, their sources are very near. Before anyone can do anything, three dire wolves appear in front of Kelcey and Sharpe, teeth bared as they advance menacingly at the two.

Sharpe spawns several throwing knives that float around him. "Ready when you are, milady."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-02-07 at 10:26 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

"Well, at least the propane can come in use if we have to draw anything back this way."
    Veronica admits before sending her hover-cam up into the air so it can scan the rest of the room with thermal imaging. If there's an oddity, she'll see it on her eye-piece. "As for the gun, I'd say keep the revolver. It's more dashing." She adds with a grin.

Landing Site

When Jezebel and the van pull up to a clearing in the middle of a forest, it's a couple hours after they left The Keep and starting to near dusk. Several Masks are already there and have set up some heavier weapons, including some heavy anti-aircraft rockets. "Just in case someone else comes that isn't so friendly." She admits. "In about ten minutes, a shuttle should be landing to take us to our ship." She explains as she gets out of the car and moves to open the doors for both Garn and Cessie. "Have you ever been above a planet?"
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2015-02-07 at 12:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

((PS- is the revolver double-action or single-action? I'm not sure if Jace would know how to use the hammer.))

"If there's nothing here, should we go up or down? I think the commander's place might be a good place to look, just in case it has maps." Jace suggests while Zebes sniffs around waiting for the camera to do its thing.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Bugbear in the Playground

Landing Site

"I can't say I have. I have seen pictures and read about it though." Cessie admits, not wanting to seem ignorant and naive. She makes no comment about the blasters though, she loathed weapons even if they might be necessary here.
    Garn simply moves outside without any comments. This would be a long ride.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2015-02-07 at 03:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Deserted Cavern

((I don't know much about guns, I'm afraid. I'll say it isn't, to make it easier, but I'm not sure what the difference is.))

There's no thermal anomalies in the room; it's all an even, slightly chilly. Thermal imaging isn't very effective at detecting undead, though; they don't generate body heat though some are unnaturally chill.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Is Sharpe a really wierd kind of rogue or something? Now is not the time to ask.

Kelcey nods to Sharpe, then says 'Holy Arrow'. A glowing white bow of energy appears in her hands. Her left hand holds the grip, while the string is pulled taut by her right hand, which is also holding a shimmering white energy arrow. If Sharpe is paying attention, he might notice that her bow and arrow is somewhat more defined and elaborately decorated than Axanot's.

Kelcey takes aim at one of the direwolves. She releases the arrow, which slices through the air, leaving a trail of sparkles in its wake. Should it succeed, it should pierce right through the wolf's body.

Kelcey assumes a battle stance, ready to use her holy sword to slice at any direwolves that decide to attack her.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Vernica was looking more for odd voids in temperature where there might be a secret door or passageway rather than undead. "Looks clear of doors. I'll follow you. I'm not sure how I'll respond to meeting a skeleton or zombie." She admits. "And I'm sorry ahead of time if I'm not very sturdy at this kind of thing." She adds, feeling rather embarrassed about wanting to go on something like this when the only fights she's ever gotten into were screaming matches with her mother or friendly games that involve tackling someone. All in all, she definitely felt afraid of seeming inept.

Landing Zone

While they wait for the ship, Jezebel fidgets a bit, continually checking her extremely large chainsword every minute or so. When the ship finally begins to make its appearance, Cessie might understand why. It starts as a series of lights in the sky, extremely high up, but as they gradually grow closer, the air begins to rumble. Jezebel's nervousness increases until a several hundred foot long ship stops a hundred feet above them, hovering them as spotlights shine down upon them, illuminating the clearing. Slowly but surely the ship finishes descending, touching down in the field.

A gentle heat washes over Cessie and Garn as the hull radiates the excess heat from atmospheric entry, and a side hatch the size of a bus opens and a ramp extends out to the ground at their feet. Only then does Jezebel let out a sigh of relief. "This is our ride up to the ship." She explains as crew members dressed in tan and red begin coming down the ramp. Ahead of them is a short woman, only five feet in height, with long black hair that's been tied back in dreads. She openly carries a rifle in her hands and covers her face with a blue scarf that she finally pulls down when she's just a few feet away. " 'Ello, Jezzy-bell. Shipment here?"

"Of course." She says, gesturing towards two of the vans that arrived. The woman gives a barking order and the teamsters begin to unload them as their boss looks Jezebel, Cessie, and Garn. "And yer all are comin' aboard I guess." She says as she pulls her scarf back up. "A'right. This way then. You four! Git their stuff!" She says, gesturing for others to get Cessie and Jezebel's things.

Jezebel gives a smile to Cessie and Garn after it all. "Excited?" She asks as they begin to walk towards the shuttle.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground

Landing Zone

That was one large ship, Cessie first thought. It was not until Jezebel said it she realized this was just their version of a lifeboat to the ship. The thing itself must be enormous.
    Garn makes no expression but Cessie leans a bit closer to Jezebel. "You said these people were pirates?" She whispers. "I honestly don't know how to feel yet. Nervous I suppose."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Deserted Caverns

Jace smiles.
    "Aw, don't say that. You say it as if it wouldn't be worth it just to give Zebes someone to show off to."
    The dragon grins a toothy dragon grins and turns to her.
    "I think he's projecting again." he says. Jace chuckles as he heads up the latter to the Commander's office. Hopefully Veronica can either work the ladder or fly up the hole.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Sharpe notices the Holy Arrow. The bow and arrow are like Axanot's, but this one is more elaborately decorated. If Kelcey looked his way, she'd notice him observing the bow.

The bow strikes true, piercing right through the wolf's body, rendering it unable to walk properly. The wolf begins to howl for help, and Sharpe tosses three knives at the three wolves. One misses, the other gets lodged in the brain of the injured dire wolf, killing it instantly; the third merely grazes a wolf that had just leaped towards Sharpe, serving only to anger it.

Sharpe dodges the attacking wolf wolf, and then slashes at it with a double-bladed rapier. Meanwhile, the uninjured wolf leaps at Kelcey, ready to rend her flesh.

"Kelcey, look out!"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Kelcey didn't look Sharpe's way, so she didn't notice.

The bow disintegrates into dust, and Kelcey turns her head in time to see the wolf jumping at her, baring its teeth. Pulling her weapon back, she shouts 'Thanks! Spirit Strike!, and attempts to thrust the sword through the wolf's neck. She, however, stills gets a few scratches from its sharp claws.
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-08 at 08:42 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

The thrust succeeds, killing the dire wolf. That leaves Kelcey with a few scratches on her arms and torso, and two dead wolves surrounding them. Sharpe makes like Kelcey and thrusts into the third wolf, also killing it.

((Luckily we aren't looking for Hotaru, or all the enemies would be intact, because she uses stealth))

"I suspect things would only get harder from here, though Axanot may have helped us slay most of the monsters. Are you alright?" Sharpe asks Kelcey, the floating knives behind him making twinkly sounds.

((In your headcanon, how deep is Axanot in the dungeon?))

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Deserted Cavern

There isn't actually a ladder. It's a staircase, through a doorway, going up and another going down.

Up the ladder is a corridor bordered by five doors, all closed. Here there's bodies; shattered skeletons, mostly, lying on a floor covered in black and white tiles organised in a checker pattern. There's three skeletons, lying mostly fully articulated, and two more that have been completely scattered. One of the skeletons is clutching a broken spear, one has a heavy mithril mace and the third has a notched scimitar. Two doors are made of thick oak with brass plates nailed to them, one is made of a polished slab of pink granite perfectly counterbalanced, one is a standard steel bunker door with a black star-shape painted onto it; the star shape has an evil grinning face and the final door is made from bones magically moulded together into a single slab, with a skull set into it at head-height; hammered into the skull's eye-sockets are lumps of black onyx.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

'Axanot's no Damsel in Distress. Oh and yeah, I'm good. Thanks for asking,' Kelcey examines the scratches on her robes, before turning to look at Sharpe. Her green eyes stare at him for a while, before she asks,

'Did you have that rapier all along?'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-08 at 08:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Orc in the Playground

"Yeah, I figured. A barbarian mage can hold her own."

Sharpe smiles. "Well, yes and no. Perks of being a bladepire is that I can spawn and despawn any kind of blade at will. Works for only blades, though, so I can't spawn a club for you. Unless it has blades. But then, why would I even want to spawn something that doesn't have blades?" Sharpe makes a disgusted face. "Blades, lovely things the lot of them. They're the way to go." Sharpe says as he makes slashing motions at the door in front of them, cutting both the door and wall in half. The cut stones and door parts fall on the floor with a loud thud.

"Oops. Cutting something would be a good thing normally, but I wouldn't want to alert any other monsters to our presence. After you again, milady." Sharpe says as he bows with a flourish.
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-02-08 at 08:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oasis Forest Dungeon

'I've met plenty of monsters that're immune to everything but a good bash in the face. Let's hope we don't meet such a creature until we find Axanot.'

Kelcey chuckles gently at Sharpe showing off his Charisma. 'Alright.' Her hallowed light floats in through the door first, followed by Kelcey herself (who is actually walking, but might appear to be gliding), weapon at the ready. Kelcey sees...

(Is there even an oasis here? After the next monster maybe?)
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-08 at 09:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

(I assume that the whole dungeon is an oasis.)

Sharpe has nothing to say to that. Not that he doesn't want to.

As Kelcey goes through the door, hallowed light leading the way and Sharpe following close behind, Kelcey finds herself face to face with a minotaur. An angry minotaur that looks like he's had one of his horns recently chopped off. This minotaur probably ran away from the barbarian that was responsible for slaying the monstrous occupants of the oasis that was the forest dungeon. However, he now looks ready to fight to the death, probably angry with itself for running away from the last battle. However, this minotaur decides he'd take what he can get.

The first thing the minotaur does is to roar into Kelcey's face. Then, it starts preparing to charge.

"Axanot's near, Kelcey. I am suddenly very aware of--" Sharpe says, but gets interrupted by the loud roar.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oasis Forest Dungeon

When the minotaur starts to charge, Kelcey quickly steps to her left, as if she'd teleported, then points a finger at the creature and chants 'Extinguish!' A thin but powerful jet of water shoots from her fingertip, and if Kelcey aimed correctly, should hit the minotaur in its wide open mouth, causing a lot of hurt.

Immediately after, Kelcey will draw back and tell Sharpe, 'Your turn!'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-08 at 09:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

Unfortunately, the minotaur closed its mouth as it began to charge. Fortunately for Kelcey, the powerful jet of water hit it in its left eye instead, interrupting its charge and causing it to howl in pain. (Does Axanot hear that?)

"Impale." Several daggers fly towards the minotaur, impaling its hands, feet, shoulders and kneecaps, rendering it unable to move. The minotaur would have been able to easily dodge it if it wasn't presently blinded.

Sharpe flash-steps behind the creature, taking the opportunity to drain it of all its blood via a sneak attack stab to the heart. Kelcey may get impatient as it'd take a while, but Sharpe must feed.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Oasis Forest Dungeon

(I guess not. Waterfalls are loud, and even if she did, she would've dismissed it as normal adventurers in a dungeon. Which... sort of is.)

Kelcey crosses her arms and taps her foot as she squints at Sharpe.

'May I ask, what are you doing? And what kind of class does 'blade vampire' fall under anyway? I've never seen even rogues use daggers like that.'

After more waiting, Kelcey looks around the room, then starts walking towards a somewhat hidden doorway. 'I think I hear water.'
    Last edited by goto124; 2015-02-08 at 10:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Orc in the Playground

"Why, I'm feeding!" Sharpe says with a wink. "You're an inquisitive one, aren't you? Well, you are not from this world... But then neither am I, originally."

On the sound of rushing water, Sharpe looks to Kelcey. "This one's not dead enough. Go, I'll be right behind you. And holler if you see anything, mmkay?"