New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: A touch of badness!

Sophia stands her ground at the tug with a look of warning at the woman, before willingly following. She frowns at the silence spell, knowing her paladins powers have been rendered useless for now. She watches the happenings warily.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku
    Ignoring her comment the man eyes her up and down admiring her body in full before pulling her in close, his strength supersedes his appearance as does the gentleness of his touch, his free hand attempts to find a gentlemanly position on her lower back as he will attempt to lead her into a simple slow circling waltz.

"So by what grace of fate brings you to honor my simple establishment with your fine presence this evening?" He asks warmly as he watches closely upon every detail of Naku's facial expressions.

Sophia.
    The lady's eyes roll when Sophia plays difficult but her displeasure ends there as she follows freely.
    The muscular man, although unheard, follows close behind Sophia at the ready.
    Soon they lead her to what appears a wide crack in the wall, it's pitch black within and wide enough to walk down, and that's exactly what they intend to do.

Shackled to the wall beside the crack, drawing upon herself all of Sophia's attention, you see a young frail woman with long brown hair, clothed in dirty old rags she makes a scene pulling frantically and wildly on her shackles and chains. Tears stream heavily down her gaunt face from eyes red from all the crying and wide from the suspecting fear. The restraints hold solid to the wall not budging in the slightest. Her mouth is wide in protest but not a single sound can be heard as she exhausts her lungs to silent screams.

The one thing that stands out more than her fighting spirit is the rippling shape shifting magic running across her skin, a trail of dark heavy fur rushes down her arms as they temporarily bulge with new muscular strength but a wave washes close behind, following the change and reversing or dispelling it.

This carries on to no avail, she grows fangs, long ears, scales, horns, lumps that began to resemble wings, but before anything could manifest to assist her it vanishes again just as fast against her will. Her rage and will never faulter even as she watches Sophia with a sad pleading desperation...

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Naku
    Ignoring her comment the man eyes her up and down admiring her body in full before pulling her in close, his strength supersedes his appearance as does the gentleness of his touch, his free hand attempts to find a gentlemanly position on her lower back as he will attempt to lead her into a simple slow circling waltz.

"So by what grace of fate brings you to honor my simple establishment with your fine presence this evening?" He asks warmly as he watches closely upon every detail of Naku's facial expressions.
    "I," Naku replies after being pulled in close, "am actually here looking for the body of a friend of mine so we could revive him." Her expression betrays nothing, as she has a polite smile fastened onto it.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "I," Naku replies after being pulled in close, "am actually here looking for the body of a friend of mine so we could revive him." Her expression betrays nothing, as she has a polite smile fastened onto it.
    "Naku" he replies, letting her name linger on his lips as he leads her into a slow twirl and draws her back in.
    "Let me ask you, what do you consider more undeserving, more unworthy and detrimental to a society, a civilized beast masquerading as a creature it is not or a proper man, completely unsuspecting and trusted, through fault of the system is falling to the darkness and desires hidden within all?

5. - Top - End - #155

"Naku" he replies, letting her name linger on his lips as he leads her into a slow twirl and draws her back in.
    "Let me ask you, what do you consider more undeserving, more unworthy and detrimental to a society, a civilized beast masquerading as a creature it is not or a proper man, completely unsuspecting and trusted, through fault of the system is falling to the darkness and desires hidden within all?
    "Wow." Naku says, stepping gracefully through the steps of the dance. "Implying doubly that I'm undeserving, unworthy, and a detriment to society. You're really good at this chatting people up thing." She grins at him. She was at least kind of half-joking.
    Last edited by Mee; 2015-01-07 at 01:10 AM.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wow." Naku says, stepping gracefully through the steps of the dance. "Implying doubly that I'm undeserving, unworthy, and a detriment to society. You're really good at this chatting people up thing." She grins at him. She was at least kind of half-joking.
    He smiles as he studies her, the rest of the bar spinning around behind her. Finally he continues.
    "No no my dear, you jump too far ahead...
    It's not you that is beneath functioning amongst the simple mided plebs of our most basic of organised and so called civilizations. No, it is their very structure that is beneath you."

The song comes to an end and he ceases leading her around, releasing her hand with a soft grateful bow.

"So are you a beast fighting to be civilised or are you civilised fighting off your inner beast?"

7. - Top - End - #157

Naku

Sophia.
    The lady's eyes roll when Sophia plays difficult but her displeasure ends there as she follows freely.
    The muscular man, although unheard, follows close behind Sophia at the ready.
    Soon they lead her to what appears a wide crack in the wall, it's pitch black within and wide enough to walk down, and that's exactly what they intend to do.

Shackled to the wall beside the crack, drawing upon herself all of Sophia's attention, you see a young frail woman with long brown hair, clothed in dirty old rags she makes a scene pulling frantically and wildly on her shackles and chains. Tears stream heavily down her gaunt face from eyes red from all the crying and wide from the suspecting fear. The restraints hold solid to the wall not budging in the slightest. Her mouth is wide in protest but not a single sound can be heard as she exhausts her lungs to silent screams.

The one thing that stands out more than her fighting spirit is the rippling shape shifting magic running across her skin, a trail of dark heavy fur rushes down her arms as they temporarily bulge with new muscular strength but a wave washes close behind, following the change and reversing or dispelling it.

This carries on to no avail, she grows fangs, long ears, scales, horns, lumps that began to resemble wings, but before anything could manifest to assist her it vanishes again just as fast against her will. Her rage and will never faulter even as she watches Sophia with a sad pleading desperation...
    Sophia decides to plot. She knows that rash action won't help anyone.
    Sophia gives a wink of conspiring to the shapeshifter, attptinh to signal a promise of return and escape
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia decides to plot. She knows that rash action won't help anyone.
    Sophia gives a wink of conspiring to the shapeshifter, attptinh to signal a promise of return and escape
    As Sophia is led further into the darkness she may soon realise it is darker beyond the natural lack of light, next thing to slowly vanish is any sense of smell. The only physical awareness of her surroundings is the gentle tug of her bindings leading her further into the still, dark, cold, silent, endless abyss.

9. - Top - End - #159

He smiles as he studies her, the rest of the bar spinning around behind her. Finally he continues.
    "No no my dear, you jump too far ahead...
    It's not you that is beneath functioning amongst the simple mided plebs of our most basic of organised and so called civilizations. No, it is their very structure that is beneath you."

The song comes to an end and he ceases leading her around, releasing her hand with a soft grateful bow.

"So are you a beast fighting to be civilised or are you civilised fighting off your inner beast?"
    "That depends," Naku says, giving him her own half-bow. "on how I'm feeling."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

As Sophia is led further into the darkness she may soon realise it is darker beyond the natural lack of light, next thing to slowly vanish is any sense of smell. The only physical awareness of her surroundings is the gentle tug of her bindings leading her further into the still, dark, cold, silent, endless abyss.
    Sophia, before entry, attempts to draw a small blade from her sleeve/hammerspace. She does this while she yanks violently on the chain to attempt to reel the woman in front to her and move to try to cause her to collide with her captor.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Sophia.
    As she yanks on the chains it's as tho she awoke her captor from a day dream or deep thought, the two collide and the woman's face begins to go as red as her hair as she screams at Sophia is silence.

Naku.
    Seemingly disappointed by her answer, the man brushes aside some hair from his forehead.

"So I believe you were heading to the arena, will you be fighting? The woman I layed eyes upon at the entrance seemed the fighting sort."

He gives her a deep gaze and sickly smile remembering the image of the blood soaked wild Naku.

"Perhaps you would like a drink before we continue?"
    He asks politely.

12. - Top - End - #162

Seemingly disappointed by her answer, the man brushes aside some hair from his forehead.

"So I believe you were heading to the arena, will you be fighting? The woman I layed eyes upon at the entrance seemed the fighting sort."

He gives her a deep gaze and sickly smile remembering the image of the blood soaked wild Naku.

He asks politely.
    "And if I've eaten recently." Naku mutters, reaching up to pull a few loose bangs back into place. "I would like to avoid fighting, but I will if I need to. A drink would be most appreciated, though."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

"And if I've eaten recently." Naku mutters, reaching up to pull a few loose bangs back into place. "I would like to avoid fighting, but I will if I need to. A drink would be most appreciated, though."
    With a glance of surprise he asks,

"If you need too? Why would you need too? My dear please relax, this is not a hostile place." His words are gentle and reassuring.

As soon as he finishes speaking a waiter approaches with a shiny serving plate occupied by a small array of diffent types of blood based beverages.
    It varied from its sources, human, child, male female, magical creature to the more precise details involving hinted additives either expertly added prior or after the withdrawal.

Neither of them had so much as hinted to a waiter, yet here before them almost instantly was an untouched plate. The man before her was clearly accustomed to this behavior, people secretly hanging on his every word waiting to serve. He just watches Naku as if inspecting the choice she is to make.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-01-08 at 03:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164

With a glance of surprise he asks,

"If you need too? Why would you need too? My dear please relax, this is not a hostile place." His words are gentle and reassuring.

As soon as he finishes speaking a waiter approaches with a shiny serving plate occupied by a small array of diffent types of blood based beverages.
    It varied from its sources, human, child, male female, magical creature to the more precise details involving hinted additives either expertly added prior or after the withdrawal.

Neither of them had so much as hinted to a waiter, yet here before them almost instantly was an untouched plate. The man before her was clearly accustomed to this behavior, people secretly hanging on his every word waiting to serve. He just watches Naku as if inspecting the choice she is to make.
    "Well, everyone keeps telling me to head to the arena. Only a few things happen there. And as I'm not the gambling sort, I can only expect the other.

If this isn't hostile,"
    Naku asks, grinning slightly at him, "then why did multitudes of people try to kill me on my way in?" She sounds . . . amused. Not like she was trying to lord over that she thinks he lied, she's just honestly curious.

She also pointedly ignored the waiter. Nothing against the waiter, she just didn't want anything.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku

"Why do the hornets stir when you near their nest, why do guard dogs bark when you break and enter....
    I would certainly expect a blood soaked crazed vampire Mage to startle a few of my good hard working family men, who were simply doing their job."

His warm friendly tone had taken a sudden cold turn as this engagement seemingly had not been going his way.

"Fine" he abruptly snaps, "to the arena we shall go"
    The crowd parts and he leads her forward.

16. - Top - End - #166

Sophia.
    As she yanks on the chains it's as tho she awoke her captor from a day dream or deep thought, the two collide and the woman's face begins to go as red as her hair as she screams at Sophia is silence.

Naku.

He asks politely.
    Sophia signs to them "Tell me where the hell you're leading me"
    She inquires, taking a stance intending to show herself as a threat.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Sophia signs to them "Tell me where the hell you're leading me"
    She inquires, taking a stance intending to show herself as a threat.
    The red haired woman sighs as she deflates, after a quick nervous glance she slips into entrance of the crack where she is just still visable. She gives Sophia a warm smile and gentle nod into the direction of the passage, while holding out Sophia's chains for her to take if she chooses to follow. She stares at her with a friendly glint of hope in her eyes.

18. - Top - End - #168

Naku

"Why do the hornets stir when you near their nest, why do guard dogs bark when you break and enter....
    I would certainly expect a blood soaked crazed vampire Mage to startle a few of my good hard working family men, who were simply doing their job."

His warm friendly tone had taken a sudden cold turn as this engagement seemingly had not been going his way.

"Fine" he abruptly snaps, "to the arena we shall go"
    The crowd parts and he leads her forward.
    Naku grinned. She's glad he was finally dropping the friendly facade. "Hard working family men." She parroted, eyebrow raising slightly. "They shot on sight, even before the blood soaking happened." And then she follows.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169

The red haired woman sighs as she deflates, after a quick nervous glance she slips into entrance of the crack where she is just still visable. She gives Sophia a warm smile and gentle nod into the direction of the passage, while holding out Sophia's chains for her to take if she chooses to follow. She stares at her with a friendly glint of hope in her eyes.
    Sophia gives a "really? come on" look as the woman gestures like an owner coaxing a dog to act, and snatches the chains, following with caution
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku is led through a bustling market corridor, where makeshift stalls line the walls and all manner of gypsy like people try lure you to a sale.

Naku may look around but the man leading her clearly discourages the idea. Soon you reach a large archway leading to the next section, armoured men stand perfectly still either side, watching the traffic flow through their visored helmets. Finally you reach the arena, its a large round room with high ceiling and a deep circle cut out in the middle.
    You are on the top level with the more elegantly dressed and sophisticated creatures, glancing to the other side of the pit you can notice below your level and slightly protruding further out is another observery level filled with the likes of people noticed in the slavers den, the rough n tough careless and ruthless type.
    As you further near the small stone footing topped with a waist high elegant lush iron barrier, you can peer into the vast sandy fighting pit to see Sophia, slowly and carefully making her way across the sand, holding her own restraints. She seems non responsive to the noises around her.

Behind her the red haired woman and tall black man are dragging in another woman, a young frail girl with long messy brown hair, clothed in dirty old rags she fights wildly with all her might struggling against her captors as they drag her in by the ends of pikes and chains.
    With a sharp sudden blow to the back of the head, the large man drops the woman, the blow staggering and dazing her, allowing the two to quickly loosen her restraints and make for an unseen exit somewhere below where Naku stands.

Then with a loud booming trumpet roar, the crowd cheers and Sophia is free from the magical darkness and sensory deprivation magic. The wild woman across the sands shakes free from her loose shackles and while still sitting, slowly looks up, her face expressionless as her cold eyes lock onto Sophia and bore deep into her.

21. - Top - End - #171

Naku is led through a bustling market corridor, where makeshift stalls line the walls and all manner of gypsy like people try lure you to a sale.

Naku may look around but the man leading her clearly discourages the idea. Soon you reach a large archway leading to the next section, armoured men stand perfectly still either side, watching the traffic flow through their visored helmets. Finally you reach the arena, its a large round room with high ceiling and a deep circle cut out in the middle.
    You are on the top level with the more elegantly dressed and sophisticated creatures, glancing to the other side of the pit you can notice below your level and slightly protruding further out is another observery level filled with the likes of people noticed in the slavers den, the rough n tough careless and ruthless type.
    As you further near the small stone footing topped with a waist high elegant lush iron barrier, you can peer into the vast sandy fighting pit to see Sophia, slowly and carefully making her way across the sand, holding her own restraints. She seems non responsive to the noises around her.

Behind her the red haired woman and tall black man are dragging in another woman, a young frail girl with long messy brown hair, clothed in dirty old rags she fights wildly with all her might struggling against her captors as they drag her in by the ends of pikes and chains.
    With a sharp sudden blow to the back of the head, the large man drops the woman, the blow staggering and dazing her, allowing the two to quickly loosen her restraints and make for an unseen exit somewhere below where Naku stands.

Then with a loud booming trumpet roar, the crowd cheers and Sophia is free from the magical darkness and sensory deprivation magic. The wild woman across the sands shakes free from her loose shackles and while still sitting, slowly looks up, her face expressionless as her cold eyes lock onto Sophia and bore deep into her.
    Sophia glares at the woman across after a momentary stunnedness recedes, more angry at the trickery by her enemy than the woman. She swiftly draws her blades, as she appears to have kept her maneuver gear (no point was it confiscated, after all), and prepares to defend from her forced-to-be enemy's attack. Sophia's mind searches for a way to get her and the opponent out alive. She doubts there is, but she is a Paladin of Freedom and Compassion, freedom by spirit and compassion by deity, so it's her duty to try.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

When Sophia looks around at the crowd around her, cheering and jeering from their stalls at the upcoming spectacle, everything she sees is slightly blurry and concealed of detail.
    The vision of anything outside the sands is like looking upon a past hazy dream. It would be safe to assume this magical barrier provides more then just aninimity for the crowd.

The young woman across the sands stands and slowly starts approaching, as she does, scales grow over the skin of her right arm as it widens and webbing fills between her fingers as they are topped of with slowly growing viscous looking claws.

23. - Top - End - #173

Naku blinked once at the spectacle before her. Well. Hmmm.

Nothing she can do about that without getting the hate of everyone here aimed at her. Might as well go about the job. "So," she asked, looking at the man with her, "where might I be able to find the body I'm after?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Naku blinked once at the spectacle before her. Well. Hmmm.

Nothing she can do about that without getting the hate of everyone here aimed at her. Might as well go about the job. "So," she asked, looking at the man with her, "where might I be able to find the body I'm after?"
    "Impatient aren't you" he teases, watching on in excitement.
    "You must relax and enjoy yourself a bit, besides if your slave wins I may allow you to exchange your prize for an audience with the child."

His mouth twists into a suspicious grin,
    "None the less, it can't happen until enough blood has been spilt upon those sands" he says while pointing to the arena.

Naku may be able to sense the slight pull of blood magic emanating from the pit.

25. - Top - End - #175

"Impatient aren't you" he teases, watching on in excitement.
    "You must relax and enjoy yourself a bit, besides if your slave wins I may allow you to exchange your prize for an audience with the child."

His mouth twists into a suspicious grin,
    "None the less, it can't happen until enough blood has been spilt upon those sands" he says while pointing to the arena.

Naku may be able to sense the slight pull of blood magic emanating from the pit.
    "Fairly. I would like to get home." Naku admits, crossing her arms. "And you're giving me such great hopes. I 'might' get to see him 'if' my slave wins. Oh yeah. I'm confident now." Then Naku sighs and stops talking. There was no point in it.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fairly. I would like to get home." Naku admits, crossing her arms. "And you're giving me such great hopes. I 'might' get to see him 'if' my slave wins. Oh yeah. I'm confident now." Then Naku sighs and stops talking. There was no point in it.
    "what's this boy to you anyway?" he asks genuinely intrigued.
    "you are getting involved in things way beyond your current comprehension" he says as if almost warning her, before Naku has a chance to reply he continues.
    "you know, I've seen your magic and you are some what familiar with the rules, I'm sure you could open the portal with neither of them having to die..."

That was a strange and sudden notion from the man previously so intent on watching unnecessary violence.

27. - Top - End - #177

"what's this boy to you anyway?" he asks genuinely intrigued.
    "you are getting involved in things way beyond your current comprehension" he says as if almost warning her, before Naku has a chance to reply he continues.
    "you know, I've seen your magic and you are some what familiar with the rules, I'm sure you could open the portal with neither of them having to die..."

That was a strange and sudden notion from the man previously so intent on watching unnecessary violence.
    "He's a little boy that needs help." Naku says with a shrug, letting that explain everything.
    "Doubtful. I don't do portals."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

When Sophia looks around at the crowd around her, cheering and jeering from their stalls at the upcoming spectacle, everything she sees is slightly blurry and concealed of detail.
    The vision of anything outside the sands is like looking upon a past hazy dream. It would be safe to assume this magical barrier provides more then just aninimity for the crowd.

The young woman across the sands stands and slowly starts approaching, as she does, scales grow over the skin of her right arm as it widens and webbing fills between her fingers as they are topped of with slowly growing viscous looking claws.
    Sophia readies herself, and utters a prayer as she holds the holy symbol which hangs from her neck. Her form begins to slightly glow hot pink, shielding her, and she speeds towards, aiming to go to the side and swiftly deliver a cleaving slash as she moves.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Despite having consumed enough alcohol to kill a touring rugby team, Mrs McGinty seems entirely unaffected as she makes her way to the arena to watch the fight. Reaching into her handbag, she pulls out a huge sack of popcorn, which she sets down on the floor (allowing delivery to her mouth with a rapid, one-handed shovelling motion), as well as a triangular flag bearing the name 'Sophia', which she proceeds to wave irritatingly above her head.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Sophia readies herself, and utters a prayer as she holds the holy symbol which hangs from her neck. Her form begins to slightly glow hot pink, shielding her, and she speeds towards, aiming to go to the side and swiftly deliver a cleaving slash as she moves.
    Sophia's attack hits true and that's when she notices the toughened rocklike hide covering her attackers torso.
    1, it was going to be tough to penetrate
    2, this shifter could shift different parts of her body to different creatures.

Obviously slowed down by her own protective weight she retaliates with a clumsy yet powerful backhand from her reptilian arm.

"He's a little boy that needs help." Naku says with a shrug, letting that explain everything.
    "Doubtful. I don't do portals."
    "So noble.... Forgive my selection of words but a door too is a portal, and is pretty simple to opperate once you find the handle." Then he lets out an anticipated gasp as Sophia struck the woman followed by a disappointed sigh when it was followed by no blood.

"Make them bleed Naku" he hisses emphasizing her name.
    "On every cut make it pour, end it quick" he says with a stern mix of seriousness and excitement as he turns his gaze to raise a suspicious eyebrow to Mrs McGinty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs McGinty View Post
    Despite having consumed enough alcohol to kill a touring rugby team, Mrs McGinty seems entirely unaffected as she makes her way to the arena to watch the fight. Reaching into her handbag, she pulls out a huge sack of popcorn, which she sets down on the floor (allowing delivery to her mouth with a rapid, one-handed shovelling motion), as well as a triangular flag bearing the name 'Sophia', which she proceeds to wave irritatingly above her head.
    Mrs McGinty, the smell of her popcorn gaining attention of others, is soon joined by a small 3ft four armed horned human-looking demon, not a small person but an undeveloped one, bound in nappy rags the baby creature innocently aproaches her popcorn box, one unsteady step at a time.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-01-20 at 08:41 PM.