New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [N-HIGH] Nexus High AU: Like Spin-Off Babies, Only Worse!

"Hello students, and welcome to Nexus High! Now, I'm sure you have plenty of questions right now, like where all your magical powers went, how everyone you knew is suddenly more or less the same age as each other, why everyone is suddenly an orphan, or an explanation for how there are teachers, but never any actual classes being RPed. Those are all very important questions, and I'll be happy to ignore them completely for you, if you'll just bear with me for a minute.

My name is Mr. Luciferbaddon Beelzesnake Satanman the Third, but since that's quite a mouthful, you can all call me Principal Sirtch! For kicks and giggles, you're all going back to school, and you're all being turned back into kids. No, Magtok, you can't opt out of this by forcing some other clone to participate, or by kicking me in the shins. Yes, Harnel, minds are going to be wiped, but genders should stay the same. I mean, unless you really want to change, of course. Boys and girls can stay boys and girls, but we can't very well have a Nexus High AU with everyone running around with their boring, mature, grown-up adult minds, can we?

No, no, of course we can't. Of course we can't. Anyways, that's enough out of me. The current Location is High School Hallways, until someone feels like going elsewhere. Feel free to trample all over establish canon, rewrite relationships, and more or less...well, go nuts! You only get to be a kid once, am I right? Haahahahahaha!"

The rictus-faced devil in a white suit vanishes in a puff of brimstone, leaving only a startled and unprepared narrator behind to try to make sense of it all. Anyways, as the Devil expy said, this is Nexus High, where everyone's a pimply-faced, melodramatic teenager and the points don't matter. Yep, they're just like Nexus Prime's economy, absolutely irrelevant and handwaved at every opportunity!

Spoiler
    Show
    As for the high school itself, it's more or less what you'd expect from a place called Nexus High. Its design is inspired in equal measure by awful 80s movies, modern day high schools, and the very Nexus its cast has been drawn from. There's no definite map of the setting, and distances between locations vary every time you walk from one place to the next, so the route that got you five minutes early to PE yesterday might cause you to show up a half hour late the very next day. The same generic lockers line every wall, broken every now and then by the shrill cries of a helpless nerd who's been locked inside by one of the nasty jocks. The cafeteria's food is absolutely repulsive, and at least a couple students attest to having seen it wink at them before. Eww. At least the kids in the town of Skoolside throw awesome parties, though. Awesome parties where absolutely no one is drinking below the legal age limit or shacking up with anyone under the age of sixteen. I know, I know, not terribly realistic for a high school setting, but I don’t want anyone calling Officer St. Jude on us, okay? Just be cool, man, and don’t do anything to spoil the fun for everyone else, okay?

Now, as always, you're free to play who you want, and how you want, but personally, I think the more iconic characters would be best. Reinholdt playing Ilpholin as a stereotypical stuck-up rich girl sounds way funnier and is more of a wacky farce than Reinholdt playing...I dunno, Examplia Parson, The New Girl Nobody's Heard Of, in the same role, because as far as anyone can tell, Ms. Examplia might as well be the very thing we're parodying here. You can't very easily poke fun at people who we've never seen before, right? New people aren’t unwelcome, of course, I just think it’d be less confusing to start elsewhere, since most of the older characters are likely to be widely distorted, completely screwy versions of whatever they’d normally be.

Additionally, Guns and fireballs and such are off-limits, because this is a school. You might be able to get away with being in an archery club or something, but if anyone whips out a Glock in the cafeteria, resident reality-bender Principal Sirtch is going to freeze time, pull the student's hand off, and promptly expel them forever. This is Sirtch's own private little funhouse mirror world to toy with at his leisure, and the last thing he wants is for someone to ruin the mood with a school shooting, act of arson, or bombing. To put it simply, if you can't refrain from murdering anyone, high school is not for you.

Also, obviously, if you're going to play Felandria as an obscenely tall unwed teen mother who claims Magtok fathered her babby, you'll have to run it by me first (unless she's lying, in which case, go ahead and throw your baseless accusations around all you like, Fel). Same goes for any other sort of canon you might be establishing with another player. Ghar needs to ask Shadowcaller if Sakura and Cessie have been best friends since elementary school, he can't just put that in a post and demand SC treats that as Nexus High canon. Honestly? I respect all you Nexus peoples, and don't think I really need to tell anyone any of this, but there's always a chance someone might forget, and I wanted to make this post look longer, so I went ahead and told you anyways.

Now, if you want your character to have a completely blank slate here, that's equally okay, and you're well within your rights to revamp and revise established personalities and the like. For example, this setting's Magtok has a lot in common with Nexus Prime's Magtok, but even powers/resources aside, they’re definitely not the same person, understand? While still quite vain and bombastic, I wouldn't expect the poor boy from Skoolside to be quite as socially adept as he is in Nexus Prime, being a nerdy little cyborg and all. He's probably going to run for Student Council President, but as everyone knows, those things are just glorified popularity contests, and I don't think he has nearly as good of a chance of winning as he would if he was Nexus Prime's tok, running for the same thing. There's a good chance he won't be hanging out with the same crowd that he does in Nexus Prime too, and obviously that's going to have an impact on his behavior as well.

Lastly, on a side note, no, to be honest with you, I don't actually expect this thread to go anywhere, or even reach the 50 page limit. Nevertheless, I'm bored, and after/during the stressful mess that is the end of a college semester and all its final exams, lots of us could probably use some light-hearted, wacky, immature nonsense right now. So...here we go!

TL;DR: Nexus characters, except as high school students, in the city of Skoolside’s own Nexus High. No class schedules, as Nexus stuff works better with some ambiguity. Feel free to reinvent your PCs in new and exciting ways, but no godmodding, and no murder. Discussion can go in the regular Nexus OOC thread, unless this gets enough attention to warrant its own OOC thread. Totally not gonna happen, though.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-05-06 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [N-HIGH] Nexus High AU: Like Spin-Off Babies, Only Worse!

Library
    Dave and Megan, both pimply faced and with braces, are finishing their diorama for science class in the library.
    "No! No! Xernes has 10 moons, not 9 and a half!"
    "Everyone knows that the 10 moon was blown up last week! It counts as a half!"
    "But the teacher assigned this two weeks ago! It should be accurate for that point in time!"
    Dave's eyes lite briefly with flames of passion for a moment before slamming a chessboard down onto the table, yielding a "SHH!" from the librarian.
    "Chess battle to decide this, right now."
    It's a good things there's no jocks around to harass them!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]
    Carrie sits quietly, her wings helping to block those two squabbling over moons or whatever.
    She sighs a little, typing away at her essay for English. People are dumb and loud and ugh, could they try not being so distracting?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Library

Of course there are no jocks. Jocks don't go near the library, so many words in one place make their head hurt.

But if no jocks are going to bully these nerds, how's about a pair of losers to pester them. Justin, who's blond, short, and wearing his traditional blue and yellow hoodie in proud defiance of any school colors, especially if they are yellow and blue, then they are a very defiant shade of yellow and blue, carries a small pile of manga and comic books that the school never tell kids they actually have, and his buddy Romeo, who's long black hair horribly conflicts with his sweatervest, carries the book they actually needed for the English assignment. The two stop and stare at the two nerds having their chess battle, and utterly drawn in by how invested they are sit down to watch.

While Romeo watches with rapt attention, Justin sits next to Dave, pestering him with "You should use the Horse."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Detention

Charity Evans is in detention... again... for protesting the JROTC drill. By throwing paint on their uniforms. Other offenses include swearing at teachers, smoking pot behind the school with Needs, and skipping class to make out with boys.

She has her feet propped up on the seat in front of her, and is idly sketching the other students. School is soooo lame.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Detention

Vrivecka is put in the detention room now. She looks upset about it, which is unusual... usually she's indifferent to smug. She sits down with a huff, and pulls out her own sketchbook.

If charity pays attention, she'll notice that the sketchbook is... lovecraft-themed.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Detention

"What did you get busted for?" Charity asks.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library]

Karyana slips off the table she was sitting on, setting her book down where she was, and walks over to Carrie, gently laying a hand between her wings when she gets there.

"I'm thinking we might want to move... Getting awfully loud in here for a library, after all," she says softly, smiling at her friend. "Seems like it would actually be easier to just compose in traffic on the way home, even."

Edit: ((Fixed Karyana's appearance, since I forgot to include stuff...)
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-05-06 at 03:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Hallways

Magtok leans in front of his locker, quietly mumbling profanities to himself. He doesn't know what he was thinking, trying to upgrade the lock on his locker. A simple three-number combination was fine, he didn't need a high security quadruple-digit lock with attached retina-scanner, fingerprint-reader, and seven digit passcode (GODLARK) with a timer set to trigger a silent alarm if anyone took more than three minutes with any of the above. It probably didn't help that the 'silent' alarm was so high-pitched that only dogs and cyborgs can hear it, either. Yep, this definitely wasn't one of Maggy's better ideas.

"Raptor Christ, finally..."

At least the locker is open now, though. Magtok shoves some books in, takes some out, and takes a moment to rest his head. That obnoxious alarm really took a lot out of him. He'd have the unholy thing uninstalled, but that'd probably just trigger the alarm all over again, would it?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Detention

"Surprise locker check. I had accidentally left my 'home' sketchbook in there and... they didn't approve." She does not mention what was in it. "Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't confiscate it. I guess I should be happy they're not allowed to burn things on school grounds."

11. - Top - End - #11

Hallways

A new transfer student arrives, wearing the uniform from his previous school and a dour Scowl. There are already a few rumors about him. His family is obscenely rich, his IQ is above genius level, he was expelled from his last school for murdering another student. But the only thing that can be said with any degree of certainty is his name: Tobias Goswell. He stops by the cyborg's locker to stare at the upgraded security system.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Library]

Karyana slips off the table she was sitting on, setting her book down where she was, and walks over to Carrie, gently laying a hand between her wings when she gets there.

"I'm thinking we might want to move... Getting awfully loud in here for a library, after all," she says softly, smiling at her friend. "Seems like it would actually be easier to just compose in traffic on the way home, even."

Edit: ((Fixed Karyana's appearance, since I forgot to include stuff...)
    Meeping softly, Carrie saves and shuts down her laptop, slipping it into her bag as she turns with a weak smile to her friend and, depending who you asked, her lookalike.
    Guess so, yeah... She quietly stands, wings folding tight to her back as she puts her bag back on and starts for the exit.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Hallways

"What's with the suit? You going to a funeral or somethi-"

Aaaaugh, it's potentially murderous new guy! And Magtok just said the worst possible thing he could if the murder rumors are true! He does a quick double-take, before cringing in terror. Shooooot!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #14

Hallways

What's with the lock? Afraid someone will steal your calculus notes? His accent is so posh it has its own servants. Hmmm... does that open from the inside? His grumpy look turns into amusement at Magtok's cringing.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Detention

"Surprise locker check. I had accidentally left my 'home' sketchbook in there and... they didn't approve." She does not mention what was in it. "Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't confiscate it. I guess I should be happy they're not allowed to burn things on school grounds."
    Detention

A third face not often, or probably not often enough, seen in the detention room leans over the desk behind Vrivecka and toys with a strand of wavy blue-blonde hair, "Oh, you two are artists then? That's totally cool. I just got sent here because of another stupid dress code violation." Misha plucks at the frumpy grey shapeless hoodie and sweat pants that the faculty made her put on over her usually immodest attire. The rumored nudist wasn't often sent home or punished for her bikini tops and indecent skirts, but when a teacher was having a bad day she was an easy target to find and rant at about propriety.

Not the least because she favored yellows and blues that made her stand out in a crowd, or her uncommonly well developed looks even for a senior student. As airheaded and friendly as she could be, she wasn't exactly social. The rumors of promiscuity and weirdness kept most other girls from approaching her, and guys only ever came up to her with an ulterior motive.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Meeping softly, Carrie saves and shuts down her laptop, slipping it into her bag as she turns with a weak smile to her friend and, depending who you asked, her lookalike.
    Guess so, yeah... She quietly stands, wings folding tight to her back as she puts her bag back on and starts for the exit.
    "Where to, then?", Karyana asks quietly, reaching over to take her friend's hand as they go. "Other than someplace quiet, I guess... That's kinda broad, after all. House?"

She shrugs, not really caring, but wanting to have somewhere picked out so she knows what they're doing, and to keep anything from distracting them on the way....

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Hallways

I always wondered how some of my characters would be at a younger age. Clegg walks through The Hallways, much younger, but still looking far too mature for his age. There are dark circles in his eyes from studying late into the night. He wears a frighteningly clean uniform, white dress shirt, black pants, navy vest, and black tie. He's kind of a dorky looking student. He walks with a cane, and a limp. He has metal rings around his thigh and knee, to help straighten the twisted bone he got at birth. He's a weird kid, pale and tall. Far too mature for his age. His dark brown hair is gelled back, and his gray eyes glare at the two obsessing over Magtok's lock. What have you done now? Tinkering with your lock again? I don't believe your lock coincides with regulations...

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

[Library > Halls]
    Carrie blushes madly; very few people other than her mothers could touch her without her shying away, and even though Karyana's her best friend she still feels a little squirmy with her hand being held.
    Um, well, I guess, once school's out and all... but, um, I have no idea about right now.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Hallways

"W-what lock?" Magtok asks with a fright, as he rips something shiny right off of his locker's exterior. An incredibly high-pitched sound that only dogs and robots can hear follows, causing him to wince in agony, but at least the locker looks exactly like it's supposed to now, right?

"Looks exactly like a regulation locker to me."

Oh Maggy, you are just the worst at lying. Can't you just accept that you're in trouble with some measure of dignity? Hiding a retina scanner behind your back really isn't going to convince anyone of anything, you know.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

Karyana blushes a bit as well, having forgotten Carrie doesn't like to be touched, and lets go of her hand, smiling apologetically.

"Umm... I dunno, courtyard out back, maybe? That should be quiet; it's usually pretty empty this time of day. Or building three's got a pretty cool attic with an outlet in it, and it's right over the computer lab so you'd still get internet if you needed to look anything up?"

21. - Top - End - #21

Hallways

Oh good, so this... institution does have regulations after all. I was beginning to worry.
    Tobias remarks to no one in particular.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Hallways

"W-what lock?" Magtok asks with a fright, as he rips something shiny right off of his locker's exterior. An incredibly high-pitched sound that only dogs and robots can hear follows, causing him to wince in agony, but at least the locker looks exactly like it's supposed to now, right?

"Looks exactly like a regulation locker to me."

Oh Maggy, you are just the worst at lying. Can't you just accept that you're in trouble with some measure of dignity? Hiding a retina scanner behind your back really isn't going to convince anyone of anything, you know.
    Clegg's eyes slit and he growls angrily at Magtok. The limping young man moves closer, slowly albeit. Clegg's leg is still under mend at this age, but he could stand and walk with it for brief amounts of time due to the metal rings keeping his leg functioning. His cane helps him move. It would be pretty easy to snap the cane from under him. He glares and speaks. You're pathetic. What are you hiding in their? Sneaking around? Principal Sirtch would probably not approve. Eh? You lie... Snake. He'll then merely throw his wooden cane up and attempt to bat Magtok's left arm into dropping the lock.

He looks at Tobias, enjoying the man's accent, crisp. Royal. Yes, we do have regulations. I do wish they were stricter. Take a note from me, and abide them. Punishment can be severe.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Gymnasium

Felandria heads out to the court for volleyball practice, she takes her place at the net in the center.

She had been named captain at the beginning of the year and took the responsibility seriously.

Come on, girls we have to get to work, we're facing our rivals in three days, we have to be ready.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[Halls]

Karyana blushes a bit as well, having forgotten Carrie doesn't like to be touched, and lets go of her hand, smiling apologetically.

"Umm... I dunno, courtyard out back, maybe? That should be quiet; it's usually pretty empty this time of day. Or building three's got a pretty cool attic with an outlet in it, and it's right over the computer lab so you'd still get internet if you needed to look anything up?"
    The shy, winged girl nods, hands fidgeting. Oh, um... sure, that's a good idea, let's head for the attic...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    The shy, winged girl nods, hands fidgeting. Oh, um... sure, that's a good idea, let's head for the attic...
    The other shy winged girl nods, and, without further ado, sets off for an old service entrance at the back of building three, one that looks as though it hasn't been used regularly since about the time that the school was first built.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Gymnasium

Felandria heads out to the court for volleyball practice, she takes her place at the net in the center.

She had been named captain at the beginning of the year and took the responsibility seriously.

Come on, girls we have to get to work, we're facing our rivals in three days, we have to be ready.
    Gymnasium

"Yes ma'am!" A white haired girl shouts out enthusiastically at their new captain. Yuki stretches her arms up and smirks over at Felandria. "Alright then. What do we start with, oh captain my captain?"

((...yes, it is fem!Sonozaki Yuki... >.>))
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

The other shy winged girl nods, and, without further ado, sets off for an old service entrance at the back of building three, one that looks as though it hasn't been used regularly since about the time that the school was first built.
    [Building Three]
    Heading in with her friend, Carrie looks around. She likes old, abandoned places. They're somehow very welcoming, perhaps because they tend to be quiet and not crowded, where everyone brushes against you and sometimes you can feel your skin on theirs and it's all you can do to keep yourself from making a noise.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hallways]

Sakura hurries down the hall a best she can in her green dress and with a pile of books held over her stomach. "Hey Cessie! You got your bio homework done, right?" A young dryad stops suddenly before the other girl at her locker. She struggles to maneuver her hands to get her own locker open.

The dryad's difficulty getting around is compounded by the fact she's pregnant enough that she couldn't hide her belly if she tried. There are all sorts of rumours about it. Some say she has a boyfriend in another school or the next town over, and that he can't visit much or he ran out on her. Others say she's just a slut and has been sleeping around with any number of potential fathers. Kal perhaps? Or maybe Kirk? There are a couple desperate individuals that claim they "got with that"; she did get plenty of male attention before they were driven off by her current state. It's all very distressing for the dryad, as Cessie knows, but she manages to stay cheerful from day to day.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

[Building Three]

The attic is somewhat dark, lit only by a single high-set window, and rather dusty, with cobwebs trailing throughout it, but also filled with all kinds of interesting junk, including quite a few candles set up in one section.

"So... What do you think?"
    , Karyana asks, sounding somewhat nervous. "I mean, I know it could probably use some cleaning, but..."

((All in all, it looks much like the attic from Neverending Story.))

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

[Building Three]
    Carrie smiles softly, her wings gently wafting some of the dust way from the area with the outlet as she plugs her computer in.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show