New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Planeside

1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Planeside

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen accepts the letter and bows, saying, "Thank you Lord Orochi. I'm sorry we couldn't give you more notice."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Orc in the Playground

Yggdrasil- Trading Post, Hydra's Egg

"Because a rescue is against the rules. They've been feuding for a long time, and it's become bound up in traditional methods. They fight only in the Scamatine Hills, use blunt weapons, stop at nightfall and don't attack the clerics that heal any serious injuries. My elf surrendered after her companions were disabled or fled. The elders of both races find it good practice for real war, a chance to learn each other's tactics and also provides a large standing force ready to work together against other threats. Like defeating an orc horde that threatened the elvish sacred trees three years ago." It's all in good fun, and if somebody dies the opposing side pays for the ressurection or funeral, depending on deceased's wishes. "Dwarfs love music, especially marching songs and drinking songs. The fiddle, please." The dryad holds the egg out to Cleo.

Yggdrasil- Trading Post, Food Search

There's a hairy bugbear selling bits of fried meat from a tray not so far away, though the meat's origin is suspect. There's a tent offering seafood, and a wicker shelter with roast vegetables.

More urgently, however, is the hagraven. She's still keeping an eye on Arlen, and will wait until he's out of sight of Cleo and Fixer before making her move.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Yggdrasil- Trading Post, Food Search
    "Is this safe?" Arlen asks the bugbear raising an eyebrow at the food. Then looking over the seller he decides they have a different idea of good.
    "Never mind, have a good day sir"
    With that his pace increases with his growing hunger as he makes his way to the seafood tent.

"Fish please!" He yells as he enters, he will do his darn stubborn best to barter so that it leaves him with atleast a third of the coins Fixer gave him so he can spend it on some vegetables.

If possible, money permit it, he will try get Fixer and Cleo a piece of fruit even if it means he must forgo his vegetables.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Orochi smiles and waves the trio off

It is truly no trouble at all to help my dear granddaughter and her friends. I do wish I could stay, but please make yourselves at home!

Frederick turns to go

Come on, guys, let's find the Steward - I'm hungry!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Orochi's Palace

Steven nods, walking after his nephew.
    "Yeah, let's. I can definitely say the same. You know what he looks like, right Frederick?" says Steven, whispering the question.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen nods and says, "Yeah. As I recall, he's this way..." as she leads Frederick and Steven to where she thinks the Steward is.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

Yggdrasil- Trading Post, Hydra's Egg

Fixer listens intently as the lady speaks. The people in question had strange ways. He's about to reply when he gets the feeling that he should check on Arlen, particularly since the hag-raven seemed so interested in him. "I'll be back, Cleo." He says, before taking off in the direction of the food stalls.

Fixer'll stay at a distance to see how Arlen's doing. No need to baby the boy, but there's a need to watch him, just in case.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick shrugs

Not really, but I remember what he smells like well enough.

Helen leads them quite accurately to the Steward's office, but he's not there. Frederick sniffs

He's not been gone long... think we should just wait?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Orochi's Palace

Steven blinks. Darn it, he's still not used to that kind of logic. Darn canid noses.
    "Probably. He might have just stepped out to the bathroom." he jokes, looking around the office.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Probably safe to assume Helen says "yep" or some similar thing. They wait for about fifteen minutes before the Steward finally returns - he's a bit surprised to have visitors in his office, and gets a little flustered when he recognizes them.

I am so very sorry to keep you waiting! I had no idea you were coming, your Highness!

Frederick winces

Yeah... sorry about dropping in and all. But Orochi said you could set us up with dinner and somewhere to stay tonight? We're going to visit your Master Smith in the morning...

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Orochi's Palace

Steven gives a small bow.
    "Our apologies. Myobu gave us a task that required help from Lord Orochi, and we decided not to wait. It was important, but I'm sorry that we ended up surprising all of you." he says politely.

Steven does tend to be rather polite. He just gets snippy when annoyed. Or afraid, as we'll find out later

12. - Top - End - #372
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Yggdrasil - Trading Post, Hydra's Egg]

"What a curious system. But I can see the use."
    Cleo shakes her head at Fixer, being so suspicious. Although the dryad could have been clearer about the situation.
    "Very good."
    She reaches out to take the egg, setting it down on the table as she lifts the fiddle up and offers it to the elfin dryad.
    "May they hear many good songs on it."

With that done, she picks up the egg and holds it close, up to her ear. The table, with its other two offerings, folds up on itself, shrinking away to nothing. She is paying absolutely no attention to Arlen.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen bows and says, "Yes. The matter was somewhat pressing, though I apologize I didn't give any warning when we started out."

14. - Top - End - #374
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

The Steward looks relieved, with a serious helping of "is that all?"

Very well, Your Highness: that is no trouble at all. Dinner will begin in about an hour and fourty five minutes, down in the small dining room. Lady Tsukiko is the only one of the sisters here today, with a gentleman friend. I would be happy to show you to your rooms where you can freshen up. I'll have the maids bring you some proper clothing - fitting you should not be any issue.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

Yggdrasil, Trading Post- Hydra Egg

Cleo can hear regular shifts and thumps inside the egg as the foetal hydra moves around. It won't take too long to hatch, though what she'll do with a hydra is another question.

The elfin dryad smiles, takes the fiddle and transfigures into a tree, the fiddle disappearing from sight as she hurries to her alternate world to free her lover.

Yggdrasil, Trading Post- Food Hunt

The fish isn't that expensive, a piece of tench warm from the ovens. The vegetables are also hot, and if Arlen asks the vendor will provide the ones that are best for the fish dish. There aren't any fruit, however, unless Arlen wants to buy Fixer and Cleo a roast tomato each.

As he trots back towards his companions, the hagraven steps behind him and tries to place a claw on his shoulder and grip him tight, whilst the other blasts a ball of purple light towards the Fixer. Should it hit, the nanonic man may find himself temporarily paralysed as the hagraven attempts to teleport off with Arlen.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Orochi's Palace

Steven frowns and looks about at the three of them.
    "What's....what's wrong with our clothes?" he asks simply. He knows they're not anything incredible but he keeps pretty good care of his robes and other clothes.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey" Arlen mumbles, slightly startled by the sudden grip on his shoulder but still soley focusing on eating and balancing the food in his hands. His breath goes still untill he reclaims a firm balance from the juicy red roast tomatoes purchased for his friends.

Arlen winces, looking to the claw firmly on his shoulder and begins to speak.
    "What's that a...." His voice trails off.

(Then whatever happens next, happens)

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

As the ball of light approaches Fixer, he quickly activates his magic shielding, gotten from Mallside, and manages to resist the blast. Fixer shivers. That could have been bad.

Fixer runs at the speed of sound towards Arlen and throws a spiked fist punch at the hagraven.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick grins and goes out of turn again.

Heh... you ever watch "Downtown Abbey", Steven? They get dressed up for dinner here: we'll be in tuxes, Helen's gotta put on a dress.

The Steward simply nods

Quite

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Orochi's Palace

Steven's ears fold down bashfully. Oh, dear. He hasn't had to wear anything fancy since that rented suit in October. He hopes that his coat doesn't make the color redundant.
    "Oh. Well. I suppose with the wedding coming up knowing my sizes couldn't hurt." he says.

21. - Top - End - #381

[Yggdrasil, Trading Post - Hydra Egg]

Cleo lowers the held egg a bit, turning side to side happily. A hydra! It's well along. Will she get back to the Nexus before it hatches? It'll need space outside the ground level of the tower, and an indoor place, and she'll have to see just what it can melt. In her head, she runs through song-spells for cleaning, calming, and food. Meat is not so easy as vegetables, but it shouldn't be any problem while the thing is small. Will it be a male or a female? How fast will it grow? How exciting!

And then something flashes, something cracks the air. All around Fixer - what happened?! She turns to try to figure out the disturbance.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen sighs, nods, and says, "I see. Well...I suppose it can't be helped. Send for the tailor."

23. - Top - End - #383
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick makes big eyes at Helen

But you look so good in that shadowsilk dress...

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen smiles and hugs Frederick, saying, "Of course. But that doesn't mean that this isn't a bit of a hassle."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

Yggdrasil- Trading Post

The hagraven is surprised at the magical shield, and is furthermore punched before she can teleport away. She stumbles back, her clawed hand loosing its grip on Arlen's shoulder but possibly inflicting a minor scratch as her claws pull away. Her face bleeding from the attack, she reaches into her satchel and pulls out a bottle, throwing it at the Fixer. The bottle is enchanted, able to contain far more than its size would suggest, but made of thin glass designed to shatter when thrown. Inside the bottle is a large quantity of perfectly natural oil.

Figuring out what is going on will be harder- Fixer's supersonic running speed has caused a big disturbance as people try to run away from what they assume is a wizard duel. Especially since the hagraven sacrificed her humanity for increased magical power.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Arlen gasps as the claw on his shoulder drags through his ragged clothes and skin.
    He frantically looks around trying to make sense of what's going on but it's all happening so fast it's practically a blur.
    Is that fixer? What was that flash? Why are people running? Who's hurt?
    And with all the loud noises he just can't seem to make sense of it all... or percieve the danger, he just stands bewildered huddling onto his food.
    but, if the bottle is to shatter he notices it just in time to turn his back to the magical explosion of oil, using himself to shelter the food from the non magical substance.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-03-22 at 11:59 AM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Frederick attempts the height of cheekiness: going every other turn ;)

Yeah, it is. But it's fun, too! We don't really get all that many chances to dress up back home, and I don't even own a tuxedo!

The poor Steward has been waiting all this time

Shall we go?

He then leads the trio to the same suite of rooms that Helen and Freddie used on the first visit. Helen's dress and Freddie's tux are already there, and a servant is waiting with a measuring tape for Steven.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Orochi's Palace

Steven is perfectly happy to be led about the palace. Even in the temple, he doesn't really get a sense of royalty. It's interesting to experience it here.
    "Is that yours, Helen? Wow." he says, before letting the undoubtedly reptilian servant do his measuring.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Orc in the Playground

[Yggdrasil- Trading Post]

Fixer backflips in an attempt to dodge the glass bottle. An attempt that partially succeeds, as the glass shatters against his legs and covers it with natural oil.

Fixer comes to the conclusion that she's about to cast fire next. He cloaks, turning invisible. Anyone who can see an invisible being will find that he's presently protecting Arlen. "Arlen, run back to Cleo! Trust me!"

30. - Top - End - #390

[Yggdrasil - Trading Post]

Magic, yelling, fleeing, something very fast.

Cleo hears her name shouted out.
    Fixer is protecting Arlen from something? That bird-woman? Or the reverse...

She takes a deep breath and hums a quick strain of song, sending the hydra egg off to the same indistinct nowhere that she kept her trade goods. Normally a waste of magic for something she could easily carry, but the egg is both heavy and fragile; not good to have in a fight.
    Then she's running forward, to meet the boy and shelter him.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine