New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Planeside

1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Planeside

[Forest?]

The Mew's healing mojo seems to be working, since that Nidorino is waking up. "Uugh... I feel like I got hit in the face with wet towel."

"That's because I hit you in the face with a psionic construct of a wet towel," Fortuna replies. "Are you feeling okay? Do you remember anything?"

"Holy Arceus, you're a Mew!" the poison type exclaims, shortly before Zorua glomps onto him for a hug.

"Yes, that's very true," Fortuna replies. "I'm going to use Heal Bell on you to make sure that you've been purged of whatever that nasty malady you had was, okay?"

The Nidorino nods his head and shortly there after the air fills with the soft sound of wind-chimes as a soothing breeze washes over all the friendly pokemon nearby.

They should have all their status ailments cured!

That sure is handy.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest?

Jace's eyes brighten.
    "Oh, yes, we have. Hello, Kate. Jace and Zebes and Fortuna, remember?" he asks, gesturing to make things clear.
    "Wish we could meet up in more normal circumstances, but I'm glad you're alright."

Huh. He'd really have pegged her for a steel-type.

Orochi's Palace

Steven shakes his head.
    "I don't think it's quite the same. Kenji is entirely quadruped, while most of Lord Orochi's servants are at least somewhat humanoid." he says quietly to his nephew.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

Helen spaces out for a brief moment before replying, "Um, yeah. It is. Give me just a moment..." She moves behind some form of privacy screen or, if there isn't one, somewhere else private, and changes into the dress before coming back in.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest?

Oh, good, he reminded her of their names.

"Yeah. So I'm a Pokemon, huh? Must be one of the new ones. Which one? What types? What can I do? What's going on? Why am I here? What was wrong with that Nidorino? What was that shrine thing?" Kate takes a deep breath, "and on and so forth."

5. - Top - End - #425

[Forest?]

The little dark fox' eyes go wide with joy when his friend revives! "I'm so glad you're okay, Nidorino! Thank you so much for helping my friend! And... and you're a human, too? Wow, with four heroes this mystery will be solved in no time!"

A beat.

"Umm... but how come you aren't a legendary pokemon like they are?" he asks, nodding at the others.

Yeah, what's up with that, Kate?

How come Jace and Fortuna are legendaries, Zebes is a pseudo-legendary, and you're a lizard?

Fortuna wrinkles her nose a bit. "Oh right! We met at Jace's home. It's nice to see you again, Kate. Even if the situation is a little out of the ordinary."

Not totally out of the ordinary for those of Jace's apparent, though.

"And you're a Helioptile, an electric normal type pokemon," Fortuna replies. "You're photo-voltaic. Don't know about the other questions, though..."

"You must be here to help save us," Nidorino interjects. "You appeared near Celebii's shrines. She must have summoned you."

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest?

Jace and Zebes shrug in unison.
    "I don't know about summoning, but we are clearly here now. Which means we have mysteries to solve! We should probably get back to town. But first, do you know what happened to you, Nidorino?" Jace says resolutely.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest?

Kate frowns. "While that is happening, could someone please explain to me what I am? In detail? Please? I don't want to be rude, but I have no idea what my body is..." and that's kind of important? Now, the issue is important, too, but the whole body thing is important to sort out fast. Photo-voltaic?
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2015-03-24 at 06:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Pixie in the Playground

[Orochi's Palace]

It's a suite: besides the bathroom, there's a second entire bedroom, a little sitting area, and a walk-in closet.

Frederick huhs

Yeah... you're right: I hadn't thought of that.

He grabs his tux from the bed and starts changing, not particularly concerned if Steven sees his boxers.

The tailor returns shortly with a hastily basted tuxedo

Your pardon... this should suffice for dinner. I will make the alterations permanent so it is ready next time you visit.

9. - Top - End - #429

[Forest?]

"Well... first I felt really sick. Then I felt really angry!" Nidorino replies. "Then I woke up here after Mew hit me."

Nothing like a bit of violence to knock someone back into their right mind.

Sure would be nice if the pokemon-style of conflict resolution were more widely applicable.

"You absorb sunlight and create electricity?" Fortuna offers. "I really only know what the pokedex entry says, I'm sorry if that isn't very helpful."

That probably isn't very helpful.

The Mew glances over at the little fox pokemon. "Will people be okay with a bunch of legendaries walking into village?"

At this Zorua grins. "Oh no, of course not! Everyone will be so excited to know heroes have been summoned by Celebii to save us!"

You know.

No pressure.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest?

Jace shakes his head. "Uh, please don't hype us up too much. We're just normal people in the end."

"You should know moves like thunder shock and wave, quick attack, things like that. Otherwise, we can't know more than we did when we first got our forms. We're not experts." Zebes says sagely.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest?

"Crud..." Kate sighs, "And there likely won't be any computers, so... I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm useless." She flops onto her belly. "And celebi didn't summon me. It was a huge black hand with red claws. I was dumped up the road a bit."

12. - Top - End - #432

[Forest?]

"Hey, speak for yourself, I got the full 'lived your whole life as a pokemon' thing when we got pokemon adventured," Fortuna points out. "I just figured out how to kind of compartmentalize it."

That seems like something a Mew would be able to do.

They need to know how to be what they transform into!

This means that, right now, Fortuna is sitting on her 'what are you talking about, I was born a Mew' memories. They just have a little sticky note attached to them reminding her that they're a mask the weird rolling result gave her. When she's in Mew form she still has trouble remembering Jace as anything other than a Victini who happens to be able to turn into a human despite not knowing Transform.

So long as she doesn't focus on it too much, there isn't a problem.

"OH!" Fortuna suddenly exclaims. "I might be able to help you, Kate! I can use a watered down version of the pokemon adventure rolling result to give you a set of pokemon background memories! I'll just be sure to mark them so they don't get too confusing."

Nidorino and Zorua share a look. "What are they talking about?"
    "Weird human hero stuff, probably."

She didn't comment on the black hand part.

Maybe Jace or Zebes will?

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest

Jace waves a paw.
    "Yeah, it's a long story, guys, bear with us.

And uh, the hand sounds familiar. That doesn't sound like a celebi, but I guess anything's possible. I mean, it's not like we got a really clear look at it."
    he ponders.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest

"NO." Kate pushes up, but then looks embarrassed. "Sorry! Sorry for shouting. But no. No more memories. I have enough trouble with those as is. I'll figure things out myself."

15. - Top - End - #435

[Forest?]

"Aww..." Fortuna grouses. "It would have made things a lot easier. I could try making you a different pokemon, maybe?" Fortuna offers as she pulls out her Game Genie-

-and gets a rock.

"...huh. I guess that trick won't work here..."

Probably just as well.

They could turn their allies into super-powerful pokemon!

That wouldn't be very fair.

Zorua and Nidorino still look confused. "We'll... lead you back to the village?" the dark fox offers.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Yggdrasil- Trading Post

A glow, had bagan to eminate from Arlen's hand, this time it wasn't like before but dark and somewhat sinister, the small flames that somehow still clung to his back seemed to respond to it, but it all washed away...

Be it Cleo's words or the Hagravens but Arlen relaxes and stops chanting and with a heavy sorrowful sigh takes a step forward, palms open, unthreateningly.

"I am sorry for your loss, I truly am." He starts with full sincerity,
    "But this can't go on any more, it has to end...."
    "300 years is a burden we are not meant to bare,
    Another 300 won't fix anything, it won't give you back what you have lost... It is time."
    "Think back before you traded everything away, just try do that, I'm sure this isn't the end you wanted! Being slain like a monster in some market?"

Hope glistens in Arlen's young eyes as he closes off his argument.
    "Please, share a meal with us, I would love to hear your story, after that we would have to bind your magic but I promise we will find someone to see you through the last of your days, assist you and take note of all the good things and magic you have learnt."

"Please take my offer, it's better than the alternative, I can't allow any more innocence to be lost or futures robbed.
    Please take it, stop living like this."
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2015-03-24 at 09:02 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Forest?

Zebes nods. He and Jace wouldn't have liked the idea of messing with Kate's head, really.
    "Yeah, let's go. Thanks for waiting, fellows." Zebes says to the poor confused normal (not the type) pokemon.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forest?

"Yeah, let's go," Kate says. She's less than thrilled, but she'll roll with it.

19. - Top - End - #439

[Mystery?]

What a mystery it is! The two 'real' pokemon, though to be fair Fortuna would probably argue (right now at least) that she's a real pokemon, at lead back to the village. It's a fairly picturesque little place, more or less what one might expect of a feudal Japanese village.

But...

It's in disrepair.

Some of the roofs have been smashed in. Some of the buildings burned down. The cultivated berry bushes and apricones are quite worse for wear. A cart lies overturned and broken. And in all perhaps half a dozen haggard looking pokemon are laying around listlessly.

The sight makes Fortuna's heart feel like it has been plopped into a vice and given a good twist, pain seeping into her eyes. "This looks awful..."

Indeed it does.

Nearly everyone is gone.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

Yggdrasil - Trading Post

Fixer boggles. He starts to realize he should re-think his stance on magic; perhaps not all magic users are like that hag-raven.

Fixer sighs when Arlen begins to speak. "It's been 300 years, Arlen. She won't want to change, just like that. She won't accept that offer." He steps up and stands beside Arlen. "There's no easy way out of this. We have to off her."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystery?

Jace and Zebes look around. The place looks terrible. Jace wishes that he was his human self so he could cast a few repair spells over the place, but it doesn't look like that'll be happening any time soon.
    "How many pokemon are supposed to be here, compared to the few that still are?" Zebes mutters.

"Hrm. Hello again, Zorua. You have come with new friends? It is rare. People usually come back fewer in number." says an impassive, deep voice at the entrance. Acting as the guard and the master of the Dojo, Marowak is wearing the wide straw hat he always is, his sharp bone sword laid over his crossed legs. He hasn't had pupils in ages, but he's tried to keep the place in standing order. The hat makes it difficult to see much of the skull Marowaks generally wear.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mystery?

"What that? New people?" A piece of rubble is pushed aside. An unusually large blissey is standing there, looking concerned. Scarred, but still going strong, Mamma Blissey makes the town's heath her mission. "Nidorino! You're back! Let mamma look you over! What happenned?" The startlingly strong blissey will try to lift nidorino, to look him over properly.

Kate inches back a little. She'll let the others do the talking.

23. - Top - End - #443

[Mystery?]

"Oh, Sensei Marrowack!" the little dark fox replies, bowing quickly. "I found four heroes in the forest, they're from the human world! I think Celebii might have brought them here to help us!"

Didn't we already establish that it probably wasn't Celebii?

Ah well.

No reason to dash his hopes.

Fortuna offers a nod, "A pleasure to meet you, sir. We'll do what we can to get things back to normal at the village. Do you have any idea where we might start looking?"

A place to start is always great!

Nidorino squirms! "Zorua said I went feral, but the heroes cured me!" He's in pretty good physical condition. Fortuna does a fairly solid healing job! Mama Blissy should be able to tell that injuries had been healed by a well-trained Softboiled'er.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystery?

Marowak nods to the strange pink pokemon.
    "There are strange places around here. Caves, forests, tunnels. They are never the same, going through them more than once. Many have been lost as more appeared where safe roads once lay, and our village has become few in residents. Find and bring our neighbors home, and they may have more leads for you." he tells her.

Jace and Zebes look decidedly not modest at being called heroes. Jace said not to, but the deed is done. Might as well treat it like all the other times it's happened.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Yggdrasil - Trading Post (side note for fixer)
    (Depending on Fixers timeline, he might sense a familiar feeling, almost a déjà-vu, that fiery smell, smoke and flames, that slight glow in Arlen's eyes, his confidence and determination, the feeling of that magic.
    While all in a smaller dose and much less hostile there are many resemblances and reminders to his encounter in Trogs, if he can match them up.
    )

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mystery?

"Oh, yes, look at you all," Mamma says, putting Nidorino down. "Not familiar with two of you, but you seem solid. And a good, muscular dragonite. Oh!" Mamma sees Kate. "Come on dear, no need to be shy." Kate scarcely has time to react before momma sweeps her up. "You're a bit weedy, poor dear, but your scales are solid. Never seen a Helioptile with your color before. Oh, you're so scratched up! Did you run through the woods?"

Kate does little more than "uh"

27. - Top - End - #447

[Mystery?]

Poor Kate.

It looks like she has been abandoned to the overbearing care of Mama Blissy. Nidorino backs up a little whilst Kate gets ma'amhandled. He also looks a bit sheepish. "I... think I might have chased her, Mama. I don't remember doing it though..." he says, his big ears drooping with shame.

Fortuna, meanwhile, nods. "Sounds like instanced dungeons," she replies. "We have a few of those back home. They're... strange. But not too out of the ordinary." The Mew offers a kind smile and the lil'est thumbs-up. "But we'll find your friends and get them home, you can bet on it!"

"The forest maze isn't too far from where we found you," Zorua pipes up. "I was... well... Nidorino and I were going to try to find his little sister, Nidoran. But that didn't turn out so good... Maybe you can find her? You're all really strong and brave!"

Including Kate?

He sure seems to be including Kate in that assessment.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystery?

Jace and Zebes exchange a look and a nod.
    "Sounds like a fine starting point. We could go now, if you're all up to it. I'm not hungry or anything. Feeling plenty energetic, though that might just be the Victini talking." he says to Fortuna and Kate.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mystery?

"Wait! I have no idea what I'm doing! None!" Kate says, "I can't go into a dungeon! From the sound of it, there's something in there that does that to people. I'm not going to go in there having no idea what I'm doing, I'll be a burden, or worse!"

"Oh! Don't worry dear. Mamma can't fix that, but she knows who can!"

Mamma sets the shiny heliolisk down next to Marowak.

"You all stay here, mamma has something you'll need." she rushes off.

30. - Top - End - #450

[Mystery?]

"Well, it probably wouldn't hurt to wait a little while at least,"
    Fortuna says. "Kate needs to learn how to use her moves. Or at the very least four of them. Thankfully, it looks like we have a great trainer here!"

Yay for Marrowack samurai?

That would be a pretty harsh sparring buddy for Kate.

"Usually pokemon know at least one move instinctually," Fortuna points out. "But then, I wouldn't know how to bring that out without psychic shenanigans. It would probably be best to let Marrowack teach you."

Zorua and Nidorino are quick to step in! "We want to help train the hero, too!"

"Yeah! Maybe if we weren't so weak we might be able to help!" Nidorino adds. "I'm just... so weak... it's pathetic... I need to be stronger, for my sister and all my friends! If the heroes train, I want to train too!"