New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default What path should I take for power armour

I will preface this with, yes, I know my options, I have researched this for the past 2 days, this is more about seeking advice on my options.

So I am currently a Lvl 14 alchemist grenadier, I just picked up Promethean disciple, I have 1.3mil gold and some downtime.

My alchemist in question has some Fluff and GM Fiat
    Her tumor familiar is, in fact, prehensile hair (she is an anime Noble lady with twin drills)
    Her hair is also treated as a revolver. She fires her bombs from her hair drills. in a typical round when she is flying (almost always) rapid shots and uses boots of speed she attacks

1d20+22 ranged touch 1d8+5 bullet damage 7d6+8 bomb
    1d20+17 ranged touch 1d8+5 bullet damage 7d6+8 bomb
    Hair familiar fire Maximized magic missile wand for 25

The concept of her character is that she is essentially a human dreadnaught. she flies over a battlefield. broadsides a target then Macross missile massacres them, She even has cape of mountebank so she can hyperspace jump out of danger

But I want to take development of her character to the next level. Magi-tech engineering. She plans to build an actual dreadnaught airship but I also want power armour. I love games like warframe and I am super hyped for Anthem and so this is the kind of thing I want to emulate. she has different suits she can equip, or in her case. mech dresses because she is an anime noble woman. of course her power armours will look like ball gowns.

So this comes to my actual options, 2 routes lie before me.
    I can reclass and build an Aegis/Soulbolt/metaforge (or just straight aegis) but from preliminary testing, she loses damage output. especially when she is supposed to be the ranged AoE of the group. sure charged shot is better then bombs for AoE since it deals full damage to all in range, but that is like +27 to hit 1d8+8+1d8+1d6 (depending on if vital strike and many shot work with soulbolt this could be 6d8+16+1d8+1d6 at +21 to hit) and that is at best twice a round and it isn;t ranged touch so higher miss probability.

The other option is construct crafting + construct armour, but I am not really sure how I would put together and price what I want. Basically I have 3 power armours in mind

The Lancer. Gunlance (lance that can also shoot shells/bombs) shield. super tanky. the abillity to boost skate along the ground to get lance charge damage and possibly a boost jump with ground slam
    The Howitzer. a sniper based armour with a cannon so she can plant herself on the side of a mountain and snipe stuff with artillary
    The Valkyrie (or wing diver) she can fly about. launch swarming missile Salvos and bombing run ground targets Basically a powered up version of what she already does

I could also go for a more warframe approach and just have suits that don't replace her bombs. but instead give her more options, basically 4 or so spells/powers just to give her access to stuff alchemist miss out on. example. one suit might give her stuff like chain lightning, lightning bolt etc. another one might give her sonic based abillities. another might let her wade into melee with a greatsword by augmenting her HP and strength which as an alchemist she lacks.

I certainly would love help and setting me on the right path to my anime waifu Tony Stark/Tenno/Samus
    Last edited by argol228; 2017-07-10 at 11:30 PM.