New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Crabwalk + Shock Trooper?

Let's stipulate up front that very nearly nobody should use this and that it's one of the few cases where we can be confident of RAI. That said, how much would you have to torture the text of crabwalk:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpC
    When the subject of this spell charges, it gains a +4 bonus on its attack roll and takes no penalty to Armor Class. This benefit replaces the normal +2 bonus on attack rolls and -2 penalty to AC that a charge attack normally confers. If the creature is capable of multiple attacks after a charge, such as a lion with the pounce ability, the bonus applies only to the first attack.
    to make it say that you can Power Attack all you want and not take a penalty to AC when using heedless charge?
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crabwalk + Shock Trooper?

It explicitly says that it replaces the normal +2 bonus to attack and -2 to AC from charging. No.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah, I can't change the RAW with a mere torture of the text. Crabwalk is explicit enough that you would need to torture the English language before you could get anywhere near your goal.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Considering that Heedless Charge says "In addition to the normal charge modifiers..." I think would just be +4 attack, -(power attack) AC, by RAW, at least on the first attack.

So you'd have to erase or ignore the "This benefit replaces the normal..." clause for it to work, as well as the "...the bonus only applies to the first attack." if you're pouncing. But that's quite a leap further from torturing RAW, or English.