New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Sproggiwood

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh hey just as a question to everyone else reading the thread, do you guys have any thoughts on how I should deal with this (maybe) final dungeon?
    Kill the boss!

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh hey just as a question to everyone else reading the thread, do you guys have any thoughts on how I should deal with this (maybe) final dungeon?
    I vote warrior, 'cause it's been a while. Speeding up all the videos is fine with me, although if you really want to do individual runs on the final dungeon, I won't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Kill the boss!
    I second the motion to kill the boss.
    A few odds and ends.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

There are alternatives?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    There are alternatives?
    Yeah. First of all I want to know what class you guys wanna see in the final level. Secondly, I want to know if people want me to finish the game and THEN 100% clear it, or if you want me to go through all the other areas with all the other classes, THEN finish the game. There's a difference!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Lore wise I've got nothing. So instead lets talk about how I'm going to finish the game. Clearly all that's left is finishing all the dungeons with all the classes, finishing the last dungeon, and then clearing that one with all the classes. So, this is another question I'd like you guys to decide. Would you like me to do all that clearing up first, or do you want me to head face first into the horrible demon Surma's den?
    Clean up.

DO ALL THE THINGS!!!!

Yeah. First of all I want to know what class you guys wanna see in the final level. Secondly, I want to know if people want me to finish the game and THEN 100% clear it, or if you want me to go through all the other areas with all the other classes, THEN finish the game. There's a difference!
    1) Let's go wiiiiith... Wizard.
    2) Clear it first.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-12-03 at 04:50 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #276

Oh, so that's what you mean. Yeah, you already have my vote (on class) and suggested course of action.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground

You know, when a giant mushroom talks about how big his brain is, I have a hard time taking him seriously...

Sapius sure seemed to hit hard enough though.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    You know, when a giant mushroom talks about how big his brain is, I have a hard time taking him seriously...

Sapius sure seemed to hit hard enough though.
    True. Sapius may not be the BRIGHTEST of people (brain size has nothing to do with anything folks ) but he hits like a truck with his magic.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

I say go full circle and go with Farmer.

Also, I think you could use scrolls of wonder on the clean up with other classes, that way it's different.

I don't care very much about all achievements/100%, but if you do, I'll watch.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

10. - Top - End - #280

And thus we take one final step forward on the path to Civilization.

Zodi Plays: Sproggiwood [10] A Brick Wall-rus

Video Length: 20:12

And thus begins the final dungeon! That we know of! This dungeon is ACTUALLY pretty hard, but since the Warrior is really strong in the early levels I was able to take things out quite easily. Our new enemies consist of ice jelly, ice spiders, and an ally throwing Yeti jerk! The worst of them all is the ice jelly because the big ones spawn tiny ones at a constant rate. However, they also explode instead of leaving pools of jelly, which makes them quite useful!

I must say, this area really is beautiful looking. As we descend deeper into the frozen wastes, it gets darker and scarier, and I like it. Overall there isn't really much to say, other then "wow this area gets REALLY chaotic" and "I totally planned all of those really skillful looking things and they weren't by accident at all, yup". Especially the times I hit the wrong button, those where THE MOST on purpose. In all seriousness, exchanging my super fire sword for the sword that heals me with every death was the best move possible.

Finally, we reach the boss, Oldcap. He gives us some pretty interesting insight onto the Mushroom civilization...specifically that we are their horrible boogyman figure who has from day 1 tormented them without question. So much so that uh...Oldcap is willing to end his life to free Surma, the horrific Walrus demon, sealed in ice just outside the gates of Hell, to defeat us. Well then. Surma is a REALLY interesting boss. It doesn't move around much, instead smashing the ground to summon things. Unfortunately for it, some of these things are good for us. And dependent on how you build and what class you are, ALL of the things are good things. I swear I'd of died like...three times during this fight if not for my life draining katana and Surma throwing hordes of weak enemies at me.

Finally, with the demon slain and the last of the Mushrooms wiped out or subjugated by our Cloghead forces, we have won. We gain the Jewel of Civilization (no idea what it does. Looks interesting...) and the right to live as the dominant species in Sproggiwood! Hooray! Raako reflects on how petty and foolish mortals are, caring about "things" while Gods just spend time being...well, Gods. It's an interesting reflection, and considering the mystery of the Bizarro Cloghead and the secret achievement I've yet to unlock, I have a feeling SOMETHING happens once we 100% clear everything. But we'll have to wait and see on that one. Until then, party time.

=====================

Oh hey we have something legitimate to talk about for Finnish mythology again. With actual confirmation from the artist's blog at that! Surma, the great demon Walrus, is based on a mythological figure in Finnish mythology. This figure is known by a few names. Iku-Turso, Tursas, Meritursas. He (because he's a he in Mythology) also goes by many epithets. Partalainen, which can be translated as "The one who lives on the brink" or..."the bearded one" which I'm not going to even try to understand how that can happen. Tuonen Harka, "The Ox of Death". Tuhatsarvi, the "Thousand Headed". He's also known as the God of War, due to the phrase "Turisas voiton antoi sodast" which means "Turisas brought victory in war". In fact it's theorized that Tursas is related to Tyr, though not many people actually believe this. So, what is this ultimate badass?

It's a walrus. One of these things. It's beautiful, isn't it. One of their most badass mythological creatures, the Finnish God of War, the thing on the edge of Hell, keeping the evil things in and the good things out. The monstrous beast that can slay a thousand men with it's horns. And it's a walrus. Few things make me as happy as a walrus.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

And thus begins the final dungeon! That we know of! This dungeon is ACTUALLY pretty hard, but since the Warrior is really strong in the early levels I was able to take things out quite easily. Our new enemies consist of ice jelly, ice spiders, and an ally throwing Yeti jerk! The worst of them all is the ice jelly because the big ones spawn tiny ones at a constant rate. However, they also explode instead of leaving pools of jelly, which makes them quite useful!
    I love how the first wave of fire from your first attack manages to kill an ice slime off-screen.

Finally, we reach the boss, Oldcap. He gives us some pretty interesting insight onto the Mushroom civilization...specifically that we are their horrible boogyman figure who has from day 1 tormented them without question. So much so that uh...Oldcap is willing to end his life to free Surma, the horrific Walrus demon, sealed in ice just outside the gates of Hell, to defeat us. Well then. Surma is a REALLY interesting boss. It doesn't move around much, instead smashing the ground to summon things. Unfortunately for it, some of these things are good for us. And dependent on how you build and what class you are, ALL of the things are good things. I swear I'd of died like...three times during this fight if not for my life draining katana and Surma throwing hordes of weak enemies at me.
    I think the best part is when the shrine gives you the blessing of slimy companionship, which was as opportunate as it could get, more or less. Dervishes away!

And yes, I love how indirect Surma is in his fighting.

Finally, with the demon slain and the last of the Mushrooms wiped out or subjugated by our Cloghead forces, we have won. We gain the Jewel of Civilization (no idea what it does. Looks interesting...) and the right to live as the dominant species in Sproggiwood! Hooray! Raako reflects on how petty and foolish mortals are, caring about "things" while Gods just spend time being...well, Gods. It's an interesting reflection, and considering the mystery of the Bizarro Cloghead and the secret achievement I've yet to unlock, I have a feeling SOMETHING happens once we 100% clear everything. But we'll have to wait and see on that one. Until then, party time.
    Yeah, I was always expecting Raako to rebuke Sproggi for his campaign of extermination, but yeah, I think I like him more from this standpoint, characterisation-wise...

And yay, party!

I must say I found the cut-the-music-write-"The end"-ending a bit jarring, though...

Oh hey we have something legitimate to talk about for Finnish mythology again. With actual confirmation from the artist's blog at that! Surma, the great demon Walrus, is based on a mythological figure in Finnish mythology. This figure is known by a few names. Iku-Turso, Tursas, Meritursas. He (because he's a he in Mythology) also goes by many epithets. Partalainen, which can be translated as "The one who lives on the brink" or..."the bearded one" which I'm not going to even try to understand how that can happen. Tuonen Harka, "The Ox of Death". Tuhatsarvi, the "Thousand Headed". He's also known as the God of War, due to the phrase "Turisas voiton antoi sodast" which means "Turisas brought victory in war". In fact it's theorized that Tursas is related to Tyr, though not many people actually believe this. So, what is this ultimate badass?

It's a walrus. One of these things. It's beautiful, isn't it. One of their most badass mythological creatures, the Finnish God of War, the thing on the edge of Hell, keeping the evil things in and the good things out. The monstrous beast that can slay a thousand men with it's horns. And it's a walrus. Few things make me as happy as a walrus.
    Hehehe, yeah, this is pretty great!

Also, another thing. Notice how Oldcap called the clogheads They Who in Ancient Times Disturbed the Peaceful Jelly Bath? I'm once again reminded of the fowl's egg and the slimy white and yolk...
    Last edited by Teddy; 2014-12-05 at 10:53 AM.

Show

12. - Top - End - #282

Also, another thing. Notice how Oldcap called the clogheads They Who in Ancient Times Disturbed the Peaceful Jelly Bath? I'm once again reminded of the fowl's egg and the slimy white and yolk...
    Hmm, that's a good point. We're the evil ones

13. - Top - End - #283

Yeah, that sword was indeed very great planning on your behalf. How did you know there would be so many enemies surrounding the final boss?

Spoiler: NOT FOR ZODI!!!!
    Show
    Guys, do you see now how a correctly equipped Farmer can really work the final boss level?

14. - Top - End - #284

Yeah, that sword was indeed very great planning on your behalf. How did you know there would be so many enemies surrounding the final boss?

Show
    Guys, do you see now how a correctly equipped Farmer can really work the final boss level?
    I did not know at all, I just felt it'd be a good idea to focus on not dying at that point in the video

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

I love the music in the final dungeon. Nice and melancholy.

The line about 'They Who In Ancient Times Disturbed The Peaceful Jelly Bath' is a great callback, too. Just in case anyone had forgotten that Sproggi is the architect of his own problems. Although, from another point of view, the Clogheads did basically piggyback the development of their civilization on that of the Mushrooms, so maybe Dark Lord Sproggi planned it all along.

Show
    Spoiler: Why are we still spoilering this?
    Show
    Properly equipped is overdoing it. A farmer with level 3 scarecrow could kill Surma naked, without moving from its starting space.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by Sallera View Post
    I love the music in the final dungeon. Nice and melancholy.

The line about 'They Who In Ancient Times Disturbed The Peaceful Jelly Bath' is a great callback, too. Just in case anyone had forgotten that Sproggi is the architect of his own problems. Although, from another point of view, the Clogheads did basically piggyback the development of their civilization on that of the Mushrooms, so maybe Dark Lord Sproggi planned it all along.

Spoiler: Why are we still spoilering this?
    Show
    Properly equipped is overdoing it. A farmer with level 3 scarecrow could kill Surma naked, without moving from its starting space.
    Spoiler: Because the game isn't 100% complete yet, especially these levels with these classes. So, still not for Zodi yet!
    Show
    You do have to move, you need to activate Surma . Also, that's a little too much of a risk to say cakewalk, you still need to get lucky. Include level 1 full health replenish and you're mostly set.

17. - Top - End - #287

Blowing yourself up to free a demon trapped in ice. Sounds like a metal song to me.

You going to try for 100% achievement?

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Blowing yourself up to free a demon trapped in ice. Sounds like a metal song to me.

You going to try for 100% achievement?
    It's a demon walrus with spikes all over her face, so it's fantastic as a metal song. Or a metal album.

Yup! I've gotta fully complete all the dungeons, and if I don't get the 10 enemies in one turn achievement I'll make a special video just for it and such.

19. - Top - End - #289

Hmm, that's a good point. We're the evil ones
    No, John. You are the demons

20. - Top - End - #290

Lateish update today, as I forgot!

Zodi Plays: Sproggiwood [B.7] Clearing Out The Goat Closet

Video Length: 12:43

And thus begins the bonus-ing. From this point forward, unless anything superspecial happens when I get 100% clear, we're in Bonus Video territory! This time, we clear out the goat place with the name I can never remember correctly. We also find out what the Jewel of Civilization does! Turns out, EXPLODE EVERYTHING. I like it, though I'll leave it to you guys to decide if I use it or not.

That aside, goat town is a pretty alright dungeon. All the classes can take it down effectively, though Warrior has the hardest time of it I feel due to having no range, and goat's loving to charge at you. Probably could of afforded to upgrade my Shield Wall instead of whatever else I upgraded to at least mitigate some damage. That aside, it was pretty good all around. Goatress, welcome to town.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

And thus begins the bonus-ing. From this point forward, unless anything superspecial happens when I get 100% clear, we're in Bonus Video territory! This time, we clear out the goat place with the name I can never remember correctly. We also find out what the Jewel of Civilization does! Turns out, EXPLODE EVERYTHING. I like it, though I'll leave it to you guys to decide if I use it or not.
    Use it. This is the best item.
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Use it. This is the best item.
    It is pretty fantastic, yeah. The fiery glow of civilization surrounds us. In the form of UNENDING HELLFIRE.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

That aside, goat town is a pretty alright dungeon. All the classes can take it down effectively, though Warrior has the hardest time of it I feel due to having no range, and goat's loving to charge at you. Probably could of afforded to upgrade my Shield Wall instead of whatever else I upgraded to at least mitigate some damage. That aside, it was pretty good all around. Goatress, welcome to town.
    Feuer! Especially when you got the Shovel of Dancing Flames. Feuer über alles!

I'm also really surprised the Scarecrow worked on the Goatmother. Imagine doing that against Sapius!

Also, it's Goaturku.

It is pretty fantastic, yeah. The fiery glow of civilization surrounds us. In the form of UNENDING HELLFIRE.
    It seems somehow appropriate for the Sproggian-Cloggian civilisation.

Show

24. - Top - End - #294

Feuer! Especially when you got the Shovel of Dancing Flames. Feuer über alles!

I'm also really surprised the Scarecrow worked on the Goatmother. Imagine doing that against Sapius!

It seems somehow appropriate for the Sproggian-Cloggian civilisation.
    Well actually she wasn't affected by the infighting part of the power, just running away. She never swung back at that brave little monster.

True point

25. - Top - End - #295

You found what the R key does!

Excellent use of thief skills to avoid/trap the goats.

And thus begins the bonus-ing. From this point forward, unless anything superspecial happens when I get 100% clear, we're in Bonus Video territory!
    You'll be doing the last level one at a time and uploading at normal speed though, right?

We also find out what the Jewel of Civilization does! Turns out, EXPLODE EVERYTHING. I like it, though I'll leave it to you guys to decide if I use it or not.
    Use it at least once for each level, but use the others too!

26. - Top - End - #296

You found what the R key does!

Excellent use of thief skills to avoid/trap the goats.

You'll be doing the last level one at a time and uploading at normal speed though, right?

Use it at least once for each level, but use the others too!
    Yup! R is for running!

Thanks. Thief is the most dynamically tactical class, I think.

Yes, the last level gets a video per class.

I will! Glory from Civilization! FWOOSH!

27. - Top - End - #297

Yup! R is for running!
    Wheeee!

Though, I think it just unrestricts the key repeat option, allowing you to move quickly when you're not likely to kill yourself by accidentally holding the arrow too long, rather than make your character move quicker in relation to the others. Still, a handy feature when tidying up a level.

Yes, the last level gets a video per class.
    Woooooooo!

I will! Glory from Civilization! FWOOSH!
    KABOOM!

28. - Top - End - #298

So, just discovered that Sproggiwood is currently 20% off on the Humble store. If you're wanting to join in, now is the time.

29. - Top - End - #299

So, just discovered that Sproggiwood is currently 20% off on the Humble store. If you're wanting to join in, now is the time.
    Oh man, game deals for the holidays. Such a good time for it, too. Oh, that reminds me of something I need to do later ish...

Also just a note for those of you curious, since all that's left ARE bonus videos, and with work being a thing, I'm going to instead of posting videos whenever, post them at the scheduled times. Sorry if that's not to your liking guys

30. - Top - End - #300

I'll be sure to contain my disappointment. It's not like you're disappearing from the internet right?

Right?

I'm a very needy person.