New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Sproggiwood

also, i'm going to echo the request for commentary, either audio, or subtitles

and i didn't actually notice the syncing issues in the first video until the very end
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I'm not so sure about that... However, I am fairly certain that is is designed to be ported to iOS.
    Well I just assumed because of the touch screen control thing the game has going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolem View Post
    So your character was basically spirited away by "Sprogi", a nature spirit. He seems very similar in nature and name to a spriggan, a traditional nature spirit. It also conveniently explains why your character never tries to kill the guy and escape. Spriggans were not only imortal in myth, but every time they were knocked down they got back up stronger than they were before. So your boss is literally an unkillable nature spirit.

Hel, your character is lucky that talking sheep wasn't a leishi, those things get you lost in the woods and then eat you. And the only way to beat it is to turn your hat inside out and out your shoes on the wrong feet. Then it has to let you go because of course spirit creatures have to follow ridiculous rules.
    I don't know if Spriggans are part of the Kalevala (the epic poem that describes most of the mythology this game is inspired by) but like I said, I wouldn't know! It seems accurate though...at least, more accurate then what I think Sproggi is.

Quote Originally Posted by Somensjev View Post
    also, i'm going to echo the request for commentary, either audio, or subtitles

and i didn't actually notice the syncing issues in the first video until the very end
    Noted! I'll try and work out the subtitles. I'd do commentary if I could, but no mic.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Noted! I'll try and work out the subtitles. I'd do commentary if I could, but no mic.
    Get one!

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

It was the power and majesty of my flame arrows.
    You should definitely buy that bow. I mean, unless you find something even better more OP.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35

Get one!
    Working on it. I've mentioned it in a couple places but not getting paid in a year and three months makes easily obtaining things kind of difficult. Not to mention the supply problems we had this year thanks to the fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    You should definitely buy that bow. I mean, unless you find something even better more OP.
    I intend to, as it's genuinely a really awesome bow and combined with the archer's power set is kind of broken as hell.

6. - Top - End - #36

Working on it. I've mentioned it in a couple places but not getting paid in a year and three months makes easily obtaining things kind of difficult. Not to mention the supply problems we had this year thanks to the fires.
    Actually kinda surprised that your computer doesn't have one built in.

I intend to, as it's genuinely a really awesome bow and combined with the archer's power set is kind of broken as hell.
    It's pretty weak, actually.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #37

It's pretty weak, actually.
    Truth be told that's probably true and I'm just used to how amazing it seems due to my really good run. Roguelike curse in a nutshell.

8. - Top - End - #38

LaZodiac: Do not open

Everyone else: Fair game, but if you reply to anything in here, use spoiler boxes with a marking that LaZodiac shouldn't open

Spoiler: LaZodiac: Do not open
    Show
    Honestly, I most look forward to the first time that LaZodiac's prayers are answered with slimy companionship.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

LaZodiac: Do not open

Everyone else: Fair game, but if you reply to anything in here, use spoiler boxes with a marking that LaZodiac shouldn't open

Show
    Honestly, I most look forward to the first time that LaZodiac's prayers are answered with slimy companionship.
    Spoiler: bad lazodiac, don't press that button =>
    Show
    are you saying she gets a slime follower please tell me that's what you're saying?
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Somensjev View Post
    Spoiler: bad lazodiac, don't press that button =>
    Show
    are you saying she gets a slime follower please tell me that's what you're saying?
    Show
    This particular one is a way off, I believe, but she should meet something similar which will give you an idea much sooner.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quite honestly, flame bow plus pottery gear is OP at this level. Burninate your foes from afar and if you ever do get hurt smash some pots for treasure and health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    If the players figure out and try to stop this from occuring, the wizard instantly crafts a HUGE mound of quarterstaves and clubs to obscure himself before teleporting out.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll work on it, the video editor I use seems kind of troublesome to put subtitles in (I just need to work out how to use them).
    You could always use the Youtube subtitles if you can't include them in the actual video.

So, thoughts on the Archer class? Broke as hell. Sight range on it's bow ability is pretty fantastic, and me spawning essentially on top of a Flamewhip bow sealed the run almost completely. I also remembered to scan Big Ick this time! All in all, a good run. The edit in there was from me getting a phone call, by the way!

Though, a note: while testing various recording stuff to fix the desync issue I ended up getting a LOT of archer equipment. I'll show it all off next video when I go into goatville to forcefully deliver a message of kindness to the goat lady. Also at one point I'm going to get the achivement for beating a dungeon without killing anything but the boss...
    Ah, unscrambled brain. That archer is pretty overpowered compared to the farmer, but we haven't seen the other classes yet. Are you going to play each new dungeon with the farmer or will you use different classes?
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    You could always use the Youtube subtitles if you can't include them in the actual video.

Ah, unscrambled brain. That archer is pretty overpowered compared to the farmer, but we haven't seen the other classes yet. Are you going to play each new dungeon with the farmer or will you use different classes?
    I could, yeah. The only issue is that I'm not sure what much I could say over the game footage. We'll see though.

My intent is to use the newest unlocked class for the newest dungeon's story run, and then make a bonus video that shows off all the other available classes going through that dungeon.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

That's a pretty good idea. It shows off each class, and on top of that once all the classes are unlocked we could maybe vote on what class to use on future dungeons.
    If the players figure out and try to stop this from occuring, the wizard instantly crafts a HUGE mound of quarterstaves and clubs to obscure himself before teleporting out.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Zolem View Post
    That's a pretty good idea. It shows off each class, and on top of that once all the classes are unlocked we could maybe vote on what class to use on future dungeons.
    Yup, that's the plan! Hooray for viewer participation!

16. - Top - End - #46

Actually, the farmer is the one that is OP...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Firbolg in the Playground

Actually, the farmer is the one that is OP...
    How OP is the farmer?

This game does look fun. Not sure if I should get it myself, or wait till Zodi is done with it...

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    How OP is the farmer?
    Spoiler: Not for Zodi
    Show
    A properly equipped farmer can make the final boss a cakewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    This game does look fun. Not sure if I should get it myself, or wait till Zodi is done with it...
    Get it! I have it, it's fun.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground

I could, yeah. The only issue is that I'm not sure what much I could say over the game footage. We'll see though.

My intent is to use the newest unlocked class for the newest dungeon's story run, and then make a bonus video that shows off all the other available classes going through that dungeon.
    You could say what your first impressions or your current impressions of each piece of gear, what you think is what in the Finnish mythology (and any corrections or other ideas that you're given) or just practice limericks. Just a few suggestions.

The good thing about roguelikes is that you can replay the stage and we will not get bored.

Spoiler: Not for Zodi
    Show
    A properly equipped farmer can make the final boss a cakewalk.
    Spoiler: Ditto
    Show
    As in that it's a powerful class, or as in exploiting a weakness of the boss?
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

20. - Top - End - #50

Spoiler: Ditto
    Show
    As in that it's a powerful class, or as in exploiting a weakness of the boss?
    Spoiler: Kneel before Zodi. Ahem, I mean, not for Zodi.
    Show
    As long as you're not stamina starved, it's a very powerful class.

21. - Top - End - #51

NecromancerGuy

I'm a fast reader, but many are not, you shouldn't flick through the text so quickly! Heck, maybe you should even read the story text aloud.

Don't skip through buying things at the city, but feel free to skip over designing your city/moving things around. I vote for not skipping over alternate class attempts for levels, but playing through and recording them normally.
    That would help pace leaving it on screen even if we can't hear her;

Second. I'd say give a brief tour between redesigns of the town but you don't have to show placing everything.

Now, for a question! Do you want me to show off going through the other dungeons with the other classes? And how? Do you want them sped up and put in the beginning of each video, or as separate videos all together? Or do you want it cut out like the city modificationing that I'll be doing off screen?
    I'd like to see going through the dungeons as the alternate classes, yes. Maybe do the main run of each dungeon with the class you just unlocked until you've got all classes unlocked and then do a vote as to which will be the main run?

I suppose the secondary runs could be gone through more quickly unless something new and interesting that hadn't been encountered in the main run through of the dungeon comes up, in which case then it'd slow down there so we could read what it were and better appreciate it?

I think I'd prefer separate videos of the other run-throughs. If they're sufficiently brief, perhaps the alt runthroughs can all go in the same vide, IDK what kind of run-times you'd be looking at. Seemed like there were... 6ish classes all told.

I think I'd like to see what you decide to purchase, especially the order in which you purchase buildings to give you new units. Actually placing and arranging the buildings I'm less keen on, though seeing the finished product would be nice. You might also save footage of the various things the townspeons say so that you can do a compliation video of that at some point or some other use.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    That would help pace leaving it on screen even if we can't hear her;

Second. I'd say give a brief tour between redesigns of the town but you don't have to show placing everything.
    That's the plan

I'd like to see going through the dungeons as the alternate classes, yes. Maybe do the main run of each dungeon with the class you just unlocked until you've got all classes unlocked and then do a vote as to which will be the main run?
    That is also the plan. Way to get ninja'd Coidzor

I suppose the secondary runs could be gone through more quickly unless something new and interesting that hadn't been encountered in the main run through of the dungeon comes up, in which case then it'd slow down there so we could read what it were and better appreciate it?

I think I'd prefer separate videos of the other run-throughs. If they're sufficiently brief, perhaps the alt runthroughs can all go in the same vide, IDK what kind of run-times you'd be looking at. Seemed like there were... 6ish classes all told.
    The way I'm going to do it is that each class gets it's own run through Ickykolo, and then the other five classes get one entire video for them going through the other dungeons (which means you're only getting one bonus video this week guys. Just a heads up!)

Also the dungeons appear to get long enough that putting them all in a video together makes the most sense.

I think I'd like to see what you decide to purchase, especially the order in which you purchase buildings to give you new units. Actually placing and arranging the buildings I'm less keen on, though seeing the finished product would be nice. You might also save footage of the various things the townspeons say so that you can do a compliation video of that at some point or some other use.
    I also intend to do that too, don't worry

23. - Top - End - #53

When's the next video? I'm getting impatient!

24. - Top - End - #54

When's the next video? I'm getting impatient!
    Jeez Rawhide, It's Monday and Friday as always

Also, I put subtitles in this video through Youtube annotations! And a good portion of them are cut off because Youtube is a piece of ****. So...we're not having them again any time soon. Sorry about that and also

25. - Top - End - #55

Jeez Rawhide, It's Monday and Friday as always
    But it's Friday here now!

Also, I put subtitles in this video through Youtube annotations! And a good portion of them are cut off because Youtube is a piece of ****. So...we're not having them again any time soon. Sorry about that and also
    Ah, that's a shame. Cut off how? Missing off the bottom/sides/top, not displaying at all, disappear too quickly, or...?

26. - Top - End - #56

But it's Friday here now!

Ah, that's a shame. Cut off how? Missing off the bottom/sides/top, not displaying at all, disappear too quickly, or...?
    You're a time traveller that doesn't count.

And I mean some of my sentences are cut off. From what I've read it says that the annotations can only cover 30% of the video player...but in the editor I'm able to get it so that everything I wrote is visible. But not int he playback itself, for no reason at all. It's really annoying.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

You're a time traveller that doesn't count.

And I mean some of my sentences are cut off. From what I've read it says that the annotations can only cover 30% of the video player...but in the editor I'm able to get it so that everything I wrote is visible. But not int he playback itself, for no reason at all. It's really annoying.

"Youtube"

Nah, but weird technical errors seem to be pretty common there.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2014-11-06 at 08:44 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    ALIENS.JPG

"Youtube"

Nah, but weird technical errors seem to be pretty common there.
    It's worse because in the actually editing mode they're all correct, so I don't even know what the deal is.

Oh wait no the worst of it is that you have to play the video and stuff to put annotations on and sometimes it forces you to reload the entire video and since we have limited internet that's really awful.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2014-11-06 at 08:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

It's worse because in the actually editing mode they're all correct, so I don't even know what the deal is.

Oh wait no the worst of it is that you have to play the video and stuff to put annotations on and sometimes it forces you to reload the entire video and since we have limited internet that's really awful.
    After recent(ish) changes, the following things happened to me:
    • Videos no longer cache the whole video to play, only a small bit in front. Meaning that on it is no longer possible to pre-cache an entire video on slower connections by pausing it then coming back to it.
    • If you change the position in the video, forward or backwards, the entire video must start downloading again from that spot, regardless of if it was already cached beyond that or not.
    • 480p and 1080p are pretty much completely screwed up, meaning that most of the time I have to watch in 360p (sometimes 720p, if I'm lucky).
    • If you finish the video and tell it to rewind and play again, the entire video must download again from the start.

So yeah, YouTube is now an absolutely horrible video streaming service.

30. - Top - End - #60

After recent(ish) changes, the following things happened to me:
    • Videos no longer cache the whole video to play, only a small bit in front. Meaning that on it is no longer possible to pre-cache an entire video on slower connections by pausing it then coming back to it.
    • If you change the position in the video, forward or backwards, the entire video must start downloading again from that spot, regardless of if it was already cached beyond that or not.
    • 480p and 1080p are pretty much completely screwed up, meaning that most of the time I have to watch in 360p (sometimes 720p, if I'm lucky).
    • If you finish the video and tell it to rewind and play again, the entire video must download again from the start.

So yeah, YouTube is now an absolutely horrible video streaming service.
    Yup! Good news is that if you watch the video on Listen on Repeat's site it loads the entire video straight away. Though that carries it's own issues.

For all of you impatient people out there (coughRawhidecough) it's an hour until it's Friday for me.