New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Echidna's Children and the Legend of the Silver Skeleton ECLSS IC

Noting the rest of the party giving up the chase, Watcher rides back, and pauses at the challenge of getting his horse into a well. However, noticing Grimald's plight, he simply brings a palm to his helm and sighs dustily. Apologies... I cannot enter water safely. Until the way is clear, making my way down will be impossible.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2014-11-16 at 04:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Relentless strides forward, dragging one of the little lizard things by its tail and presents it to watcher. Bargaining chip or unwilling diplomatic envoy secured it says before dropping it. Looking at the mouth of the well, it tilts its head I do not know if i am physically capable of entering this hole, nor could i descend slowly even if i could.
    Last edited by Ellowryn; 2014-11-16 at 05:24 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started in a Dwarven church of Pelor, now with a moon!

Also, note to self, sacrificing KFC in a small apartment is not a good idea.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Grunting in surprise, Grimald attempts to maintain his grip and not fall into the water below.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You said lake, right? As in "not running?" I guess that would've been important info.

Also, Balance (stupid full plate) : (1d20-3)[11]

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Axis is about to go flitting across the lake to investigate the far shore when she hears the tell-tale click of something very dull happening. She rises on little wings of frost to investigate, then sighs. "Of course it had to be you. Hold onto something." She draws the recently purchased glaive, and directs a careful blow at the manacles holding Grimalt in place.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    To hit (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage(USING MOUNTAIN HAMMER, Ignoring object hardness) (1d8+4)[5]+(2d6)[7]

5. - Top - End - #185

Grimald flails awkwardly struggling to maintain his balance but falls splashing into the pool below. What seemed shallow turns out to be an underwater pit, or so Grimald finds as he disappears completely beneath the surface.

As Grimald falls past her Axis takes the opportunity to chop at the binding at his wrists, her blow connects but does not destroy the manacles.

Almost like a dinner bell was sounded, a fraction of a moment after Grimald disappears a tentacle-like arm bursts from the water and snatches at Mary-Anne's songbird form... and misses wildly. It seems her new form is too small for the clumsy elongated arm.

Across the pool Thyrak is attacked as well... the writhing arm bursts from the water and closes its barbed hand fast around Thyrak's throat; its toothy protrusions digging into the flesh of his neck almost all the way around.

Spoiler: @JBarca
    Show

-10 to swim checks while manacled.

There is also a pair of creatures in the water with you, one of which reaches out with elongated arms and grasps your throat with taloned tentacle-like fingers... pointlessly. It scratches against you armor to no avail.The other form undulates through the water towards the boat.

The pit you've fallen in is 10 feet wide by 10 feet wide by 15 feet deep. And from the fall it looks like you're getting a great big whopping (1d6)[4] damage.

The water is murky and fouled by some algae or fungus or mucus of some kind. Meaning you'd have to be adjacent to the surface in order to see out of the water from below.

Spoiler: @Nyarai
    Show

Oh and I need a Grapple check from Thyrak. And you took exactly 1 damage from the attack.

Spoiler
    Show

The monsters are getting a surprise round because the water isn't clear enough here to see into from above; the monsters make sure of that.

At this juncture we are between player actions a bit. Traps and monsters lying in wait will do that. So Watcher, Watcher's undead horse, Relentless, and Taenor are all still topside.

We will be going to Initiative and combat rounds after this post.

The water being 4 feet deep will make it count as difficult terrain at the least. Movement through the water will be at half speed. You can choose to swim instead if you like.
    The rules for Underwater Combat can be found here.

The ladder descended 15 feet total from the surface to the edge of the well. The room's ceiling is 5 feet from the water. meaning Axis will be flying almost adjacent to the surface of the water (which is 4 feet deep) and the Large creatures will be able adjacent to the ceiling while wading through the water.
    The well is 5 feet wide for the first 10 feet down. So the large characters will have to squeeze and crawl straight down before dropping that last 5 feet.
    So the area is assembled like this,
    - Surface
    - 10 feet of well
    - 5 feet between ceiling and water
    - 5 feet of watery space to the floor of the pool.
    - and 10 feet more underwater space to the floor of the pit.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's a new map up on Roll20.

Spoiler: Rolls:
    Show

Party Init:
    Axis Zeon | (1d20+8)[17]
    Jbarca | Grimald | (1d20+5)[9]
    Ellowryn | Relentless | (1d20+1)[9]
    Nyarai | Thyrak Vrahn | (1d20+0)[9]
    r2d2go | Watcher | (1d20+2)[4]
    Draco Dei | Mary-Anne | (1d20+8)[13]

Taenor | (1d20+3)[16]

Enemy Init:
    (1d20+6)[16]
    (1d20+6)[23]

Grimald's Attacker (1d20+6)[15]
    Mary-Anne's Attacker (1d20+6)[21]

Thyrak's Attacker (1d20+6)[26]
    (1d20+6)[18]

(1d20+6)[21]
    (1d20+6)[25]
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2014-11-17 at 11:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Grimald sighs a bit as he descends into the water. When he hits the bottom and is assaulting, he quickly strains at his bonds, hoping to break them off before the creature manages to get a grip on his armor.

Show
    Strength Check? (1d20+9)[13]

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thyrak chokes as the tentacle digs into his skin. Ironic. Wait, was that how irony worked? Mortals seemed very hazy on the whole concept. He'd figure it out, eventually... if this monster didn't kill him first. Spots fill his vision. He tries to pry the tentacle away with his hands. "Guys, little help?" Thyrak thinks to his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    One point of damage taken. I assume that takes into account my DR. Ouchies!

Now to make my daring escape! (1d20+5)[7]
    Last edited by JonRG; 2014-11-17 at 11:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188

The creature gripping Thyrak slashes fruitlessly with a second appendage then pulls, hard, and drags him beneath the surface of the water.
    Show

The creature drags Thyrak over the lip of a pit! Both he and the creature sink 15 feet to the bottom. The bottom of the pit is littered with fish and kobold bones.
    Once under the water Thyrak is attacked by another creature! It too reaches for his throat, this time with both of its 'hands', it misses as he struggles against his original captor.

The creatures are small size but have tremendous grip and strength for their size. They are humanoid, though their arms and fingers are more tentacle than limb. They are hairless and have sharp toothed mouths built for tearing flesh from bones. They are obviously aquatic and move with the grace of squid but the speed of the fastest fish.

Knowledge Dungeoneering check please.
    Grapple check please.

Axis is slammed by one attack from beneath the water which grazes dangerously close to her wings, the second attack connects and the creature grasps her throat just like Thyrak's throat was grabbed.
    And again two attacks bursts from the water! Both grasp at Axis's wings, the bony protrusions scraping across the ice of her current form to no avail.
    Spoiler: @Marlowe
    Show

5 damage
    Grapple check please.

Mary-Anne's bird form is attacked from the same spot as before, this time by two grasping hand-tentacles... She dodges the first flail, but the second connects! The tentacle's barbed hand envelopes her upper bird body almost completely, then it begins to pull...
    And then two more attacks erupt from the other side of the boat! These seem the reverse of the first. The first flailing arm hits, and envelopes the lower half of her bird body. The second misses wildy.
    It would seem that her current form looks quite vulnerable to these creatures; however it is they are able to see her outside of the water while she cannot see into it.
    Spoiler: @Draco Dei
    Show

16 damage.

Mary-Anne is nearly crushed by the surprising strength of such small creatures. Their tentacle-barbs digging past her feathers and into her flesh relentlessly. They drag her bird form over the prow of the little boat and under the surface of the water. She gets a good clear look at them though now that she's joined them in their watery habitat.

The creatures are small size but have tremendous grip and strength for their size. They are humanoid, though their arms and fingers are more tentacle than limb. They are hairless and have sharp toothed mouths built for tearing flesh from bones. They are obviously aquatic and move with the grace of squid but the speed of the fastest fish.

In her current form Mary-Anne cannot defeat either of the enemy monster's grapple checks even with a natural 20 but if you do wish to roll them anyway and hope for a 20 I'll let her escape if you roll one.
    As it stands though she's being dragged underwater. If it matters this water is not 'flowing water' unless she becomes adjacent to the northmost or southmost edges of the pool.

Spoiler: @Jbarca
    Show

The bottom of the pit is littered with fish and kobold bones.
    Axis's attack on the manacles definitely damaged them, but from what Grimald can see she may have just bent them into a tighter, less escapable shape. His attempt to simply break them had proven unsuccessful, or it had the first time anyway. Perhaps if he just flexed harder?

Another of the creatures swims down onto Grimald from above, it reaches to tear at Grimal's face and arms with both of its rubbery grasping toothed hands...
    Grimald can feel the creature that already has ahold of him squeezing his throat and neck trying in vain to crush the breath from him...
    Both sets of attacks glance harmlessly off of Grimald's armor.

Grapple check please.

Spoiler: @All OOC
    Show

Axis turn will occur here right before Taenor acts. Axis turn also happens before the above second attack on Mary-Anne.

Taenor rushes to the edge of the well, "What's goin' on down in there then?!? An attack by the sounds." He glances at Watcher and Relentless, "You boys had best get in there and lend a hand, I'll stay up here and keep a look out for those yipping vermin who ambushed us so gracelessly. I've dealt with kobolds before. You could even say I've, er, employed a few." He chuckles wryly at that last, 'employed' comment; as though it has special meaning to him.
    "Hey Watcher, you said you can't do water right, well by the looks of it you're going to have to order that horse of yours down to do your dirty work for you. Ain't nothing stopping it from doin' what you shout at it to do, right?"

Spoiler: @All OOC
    Show

Mary-Anne, Grimald, Relentless, Thyrak, and Watcher's turns happen here.

You do not have to post in that order so only wait for someone else if you require their actions to be able to act yourself.

Non-baddie creatures can see (1d8*10)[40] (D20srd Wilderness: Stealth and Detection Underwater: murky water) feet in this water for this encounter. This number would change were we to change encounters. The creatures you're fighting are immune to the murky water and treat it as clear.

Show

P2C1 - Mary-Anne
    (1d20+6)[11]
    (1d20)[10]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    (1d20+6)[24]
    (1d20)[13]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    (1d20+5)[9]
    (1d3+3)[4]

P4C1 - Grimald
    (1d20+6)[17]
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d3+3)[6]
    (1d20+5)[24]
    (1d3+3)[4]
    (1d20+6)[12]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d3+3)[6]

P1C1 - Mary-Anne
    (1d20+6)[19]
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d3+3)[6]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    (1d20+6)[10]
    (1d20)[13]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    (1d20+5)[16]
    (1d3+3)[4]

P2C2 - Grimald
    (1d20+6)[25]
    (1d20)[15]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    (1d20+5)[10]
    (1d3+3)[6]
    (1d20+6)[11]
    (1d20)[3]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    (1d20+5)[23]
    (1d3+3)[4]
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2014-11-18 at 04:23 AM.

9. - Top - End - #189

"Well, well. Isn't this going to get fun" mutters Axis in a slightly choked voices, squirming to escape the thing's grip.

Spoiler: Grapple
    Show
    BAB +4, Str +3. size -4, slippery +1=Total +4
    (1d20+4)[9]

10. - Top - End - #190

"Very well then." she mutters, as her squirming is without avail. "Die." She swipes at the tentacle around her throat with her icy claws.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Using Emerald Razor-hits touch AC.
    Attack (-4 for grappling) (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage: (1d3+3)[4]+(1d4)[4](cold)

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler: Grimald's Turn
    Show
    Doing his best to ignore the tentacles, the Vampire tries yet again to pull the metal around his arms and legs apart.

Grapple: (1d20+14)[22]
    Strength: (1d20+9)[24]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thyrak recalls what these creatures are. They are sentient, if only just, which means he might be able to turn one to his side. A chime rings in everyone's mind within five yards as Thyrak tries to befriend his fellow aberration.

Spoiler
    Show
    Expending my psionic focus to Overchannel without damage thanks to Talented (feats listed here) Psionic Charm to 5 PP, thereby allowing it to affect aberrations as well. This also increases the DC to 20. Hope this works!

Depending on if my new friend can let me go as a free action, I will either swim away or regain my psionic focus as a move action.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Thoughts directed at Thyrak if he can hear them.
    Show
    "Thyrak, if you are getting this, I'll be with you when I can although there is a limited amount I can do against these things even then. I got grabbed, but it turns out that this water isn't moving quickly enough to hurt me. Too bad don't breath, so I can't do that for you."

No longer needing to maintain her form for fear of the water. Mary-Anne considers trying to shift back, hoping that this will break her free of the monster in the process.
    Spoiler: Mechanics if she thinks that might work.
    Show
    Standard Action: Reverse Alternate Form.

Grapple check without modifiers. (1d20)[12] BAB is 3, so grapple modifier for the raven form is -10 and modifier in human shape is +8.

If she is in Human Shape:
    Fast Healing 3.

If she escapes:
    Swift Action: Carry the Burden[Fly] on Thyrak, putting me at medium encumbrance, but not reducing my speed.
    Move Action: None, assuming I can turn into mist and be ejected upwards from the water. If not, I'll move 15 sound, probably provoking AoOs.

Spoiler: If that is known to be a bad idea
    Show
    Standard Action: Escape Artist (1d20+2)[18], yes, this can be done untrained.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Watcher looks at Taenor and nods slowly. Very well. He lifts the skeletal horse and shoves it into the well, telling it to start killing the strange, tentacled creatures.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Since I'm not mounted, the horse and I have separate actions, so:
    Whatever action it takes on my part: Shove the horse down the well
    Horse - Presumably it's prone, so:
    Move action: stand up
    Standard action: hoof attack (1d20+11)[21] for (1d6+8)[10] damage.
    If it's not prone (somehow), Full Attack instead: (1d20+11)[22], (1d6+8)[11], (1d20+11)[31], (1d6+8)[13], (1d20+6)[14], (1d4+4)[8]
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2014-11-18 at 02:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Watching the skeleton get shoved into the well Relentless turns and gives Watcher a stare before attempting to move down the tight well opening himself. Once through it will drop into the water while drawing its weapon and attack any enemy it sees.

Spoiler: Actions!
    Show
    Moving through the well, costs me double movement but as far as i can tell id does not require me to make any checks. Once in through will draw weapon as part of move action and attack the closest one.
    Attack roll (piercing weapon so no penalties fighting underwater, 20ft reach) (1d20+14)[22]
    Confirmation if a crit (1d20+14)[19]
    Damage (2d6+14)[24] x2 if a confirmed crit
    Last edited by Ellowryn; 2014-11-19 at 12:02 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

16. - Top - End - #196

Spoiler: @all
    Show

Spoilered info separated for the players who're witnessing it underwater.

Currently only Mary-Anne has seen all four pits under the water. Grimald and Thyrak are aware of the pits they are in and Relentless is aware of the pit it is standing on.
    (I guess technically Watcher's dead horse is aware of the pit it is standing on too, but it's pretty tight lipped for a creature lacking lips altogether. )

Need to resolve some rolls before can finish, will edit in the results momentarily. Resolved and done.

Axis claws bite into the offending tentacle with more vigor than she'd thought possible. The cold of the claws and the wet on the arm combine freezing the thing to her claw. Disgusted she pulls away and... the arms comes too! It dangles there still barely frozen to her claws, half a tentacle arm dangling lifelessly from her throat.
    She sees a trail of black-red ichor pool up and rapidly move away off to the north end of the pond.

Spoiler: @ DracoDei
    Show

Mary-Anne, sensing that this water was not moving fast enough to do her harm, changes back to her humanoid form surprising the aquatic creatures which thought they had a hold on an easy meal. She leverages that surprise to shake off their clinging tentacles, though the barbs leave nasty raking marks across her skin.

As they drift away from her in confusion Mary-Anne watches as several sets of attacks from above the water strike down into the water at the creatures... The creature to the south of the boat is bitten and crushed under heavy bone hooves until only sticky pulped remains adhere to the bottom of the pool. The second creature too is obliterated by an attack, it's head and most of it's torso impaled and destroyed in a cloud of inky black-red bloody ibrains and ichor.
    Relentless and Watcher's undead mount have definitely joined the fray.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Reversing Alternate Form is not legal by RAW (especially not in a grapple) but I'll allow it because in this case the RAW is dumb. However, when she changes back she'll be prone under the water with the creatures. She was pulled off the boat and fell to the bottom of the pool with her attackers.
    This is good because she'll have Line of Effect to them and be able to see them to attack them. This is bad because she's prone.

For future reference, Gaseous Form is not possible underwater because the monster special ability inherits from the spell. Which is also why the ability doesn't contain any text explaining what happens when it is used underwater.

There is no line of effect to Thyrak because Thyrak is at the bottom of an underwater pit. Mary-Anne does see four underwater pits. Apologies for forgetting to include that in the last IC post.
    Mary-Anne is the first to not have fallen immediately into one of the pits while being distracted by grapples, so she gets this info first.

Mary-Anne has escaped both grapples.
    Also still need that Knowledge Dungeoneering check for her.

Show

Grimald succeeds in shaking off the offending tentacles but fails once again to break his bonds. He could feel them give some though, like he'd gotten close but hadn't pushed quite hard enough.
    he has managed though to struggle and writhe enough that he can plainly see some shiny bauble or another glistening where it is buried under bones and refuse here in the bottom of the pit.

The two creatures attacking, infuriated at his apparent indifference to their attacks scream unintelligibly and flail at his face and eyes. They seem intent to maim if they cannot kill, and bound as he is he certainly seems easy enough prey... But even these attacks, cheap shots though they are, are ineffective against Grimald's superior armor and reflexes.

Their onslaught is interrupted when a familiar set of skeletal horse hooves nearly slips into the pit on top of the three of them.

Show

Thyrak suddenly realizes that he can understand his attacker's speech. Some aquatic dialect of underspeak, it was dreadful to listen to; but he understood it now.
    From somewhere else in the pool he hears a hissed scream of foul namecalling. Someone was being promised a good eye-gouging with some face-eating for dessert.

The creature Thyrak bespells doesn't release its grip right away, though it stops choking him immediately. Eventually it whispers to its kin, "Its-es friend. Nots-es food. We-es helps it! Go-es! Go-es away! Shoo-es! Me-es not let bite friend. Friend-es good friend.", it's voice becomes a shout as it pulls its once ally's tentacle hands away and shoves the other creature up towards the top of the pit.
    ----------------------------------------

Save vs Thyrak's charm: (1d20+4)[5]

Watcher watches as his undead mount climbs down the well, splashes into the water, and repeatedly attacks at something on the northern side of the ladder... The horse scans about looking for another opponent, it's first one apparently dispatched with gusto.
    Spoiler: @r2d2go
    Show

Creatures underwater have total cover and are functionally invisible so here's the miss chance for those attacks, above 50 and it is a hit:(1d100)[97] (1d100)[81] (1d100)[87]

Relentless steps down from the well-tunnel and notices that there is no bottom beneath one of its feet. Just empty space. It swings at the nearest ripple in the water; the ripple over near the boat... and impaled the thing with such force that the little creature's head bursts and it's chest splits down the middle. It would seem that when confronted by a full on attack these sneaky water beasts were quite frail and underwhelming.
    Spoiler
    Show

Creatures underwater have total cover and are functionally invisible so here's the miss chance for that attack, above 50 and it is a hit:(1d100)[71]

Taenor skulks off into the trees presumably to lie in wait for returning kobolds.

Show

T[roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d3+3)[6]
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d3+3)[4]
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d3+3)[6]

M[roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d3+3)[6]
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d3+3)[5]

G[roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d3+3)[4]
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d3+3)[4]
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    (1d3+3)[4]
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2014-11-20 at 07:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

As the unseen creature slinks off in a splurge of gore, Axis flitters off to the east in flurry of icy flakes, looking for a patch of undisturbed water.

Tumble:(1d20+13)[17]

Her claws quickly make the motions of a spell, coating her icy form in slick conjured grease. "Anyone ask where I learned this trick. I'll lie outrageously. But they want to play net; I play eel."

Spoiler
    Show
    Axis is moving for a clear spot to cast (though she can't see through the water), and not casting defensively. She's gambling that any attack she does provoke won't hit (AC currently 26) or get through her damage reduction. Bit more Gloaming-esque than trying to cast defensively and risking a 20% chance of it just not working.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Show
    Can I effectively make a slam attack with my hands bound? Taking actions assuming I can. If I'm not able, then this Strength check is to break manacles. Strength Check (1d20+9)[20]

Grimald grimaces, moves toward his opponents, and swings his manacled hands directly into the body of the nearest, intending to drain its life force.

Spoiler: OOC (again)
    Show

Move action: Move toward nearest enemy
    Standard Action: Slam Attack

Attack: (1d20+14)[17] (+7 if Evil)
    Confirm (if necessary) (1d20+14)[16] (+7 if Evil)
    Damage (1d6+13)[16] + 2 Negative Levels + ((5d6)[22] if Evil)
    Recharge for Smite: (1d4)[4]

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thyrak smiles at his fellow brothers in tentacles. Thinks to them, "Thank you, my friends. You are too kind." Lungs starting to burn, he kicks off the pit floor towards the water's surface.

Show
    Should be able to move freely out of this pit I'm in towards dry air.

Swim: (to do this less terrible-like) (1d20+1)[5]

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Watcher speaks to his horse, as clearly as he can but without shouting. Continue to attack those creatures. Listen to those around you to help find the creatures.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Wha...? Dungeoneering??
    Show
    Untrained Knowledge[Dungeoneering] (I think this only works if the DC is 10 or less?) (1d20+2)[10]

Mary-Anne tries to stand up. Assuming she manages it she moves towards Thyrak activating one of the charms on her necklace to speed her on her way. Along the way she points out the pits to those on the surface.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Standing move action that provokes but I don't think I am within the reaches of any enemies.

Another move action to wade 15' west (or 20' west and 5' south on the faint chance that the water isn't slowing me to half speed, which I think you said it is).

Swift Action using Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker to wade 5' south (or 10' if not slowed) without provoking AoOs.

Intent is to join the grapple... might get surprised to see him free.

Knowledge Religion to be sure that Grimald will be OK in this water.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-11-21 at 11:37 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: I'm a derp and forgot to roll something.
    Show
    Knowledge[Religion] (1d20+7)[17]
    Extended Signature

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

While struggling to surface, Thyrak notices Mary-Anne - and was that Axis? - swimming towards him. "I'm okay. Managed to get one of them to see the error of its ways. The other may prove... recalcitrant."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Thinking at Thyrak, or just speaking if he surfaces.
    Show
    So, you don't need any more help for the moment?
    Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Still underwater, so thinking back.
    Show
    "I... Maybe. I am... not exactly the strongest swimmer, as it were."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Unable to acquire additional targets, are there any more? Relentless bellowed as it tried to peer through the water looking for signs of more enemies.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

"Get your head under the water and look in the pits Relentless!"
    Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #208

Axis is unaccosted as she flies.

Mary-Anne stands and wades through the water towards where Thyrak disappeared under the water pointing out the locations of the other pits to her comrades as she goes.
    Spoiler: @DracoDei
    Show

Knowledge Religion tells Mary-Anne that Grimald will remain unharmed by the water.
    Knowledge Dungeoneering passed, Mary-Anne knows these creatures are Aquatic Chokers, the non-aquatic variety hide in dungeon ceilings and reach down to snag unsuspecting prey with their elongated arms and extended reach. They speak Undercommon and are so quick they can attack twice as often as normal creatures of their ilk.

Show

Grimald slams his manacled arms into the closest of the two creatures... the manacles slam into the creature with enough force that had the tentacled thing a firmer skeletal structure the manacles might have burst. As it is the creature bursts instead. It's blood and vital fluids mix with its shredded remains in a cloud of bloody fluids and bits. Only its elongated fingers, a few unidentifiable organs, and its feet remain intact.
    Seeing its compatriot so obliterated the remaining creature's eyes go wide with fear and it flits upward through the water with one smooth undulation and disappears over the lip of the pit northward. The dead horse seems not to be able to see the creature weaving past its leg even though Grimald can see the horse quite clearly.

------------------------------------------
    Moving underwater would require a Swim check (currently at a -10 due to the manacles) but Grimald is adjacent to the enemy so in this case no check necessary.

Show

Thyrak flails in a failed attempt to swim free of the pit. If only the other creature weren't still there he might be able to take his time and focus all of his energies on escape. As things are that other creature is still trying to get at him past it's former ally.

As for the charmed creature, as soon as the aggressive one starts hitting back it flees over to behind Thyrak, using him as a cover of a sort.

The uncharmed creature comes right back at Thyrak's throat with a wicked look in its eyes. It easily grabs Thyrak and again tries to restrain him at the bottom of the pool.

------------------------------------------------------------
    5 damage before DR etc.
    Grapple check please.

Watcher's horse skeleton stops and stares about the room milling confused. Watcher's called command coincides with the others conversing about the location of pits and the need to put one's head beneath the water to see enemies. Something connects in its undead lack of consciousness and it begins dipping its head beneath the water and gazing about in search of new opponents. it wanders off to the south edge of the pool with its head beneath the water as though grazing on pond moss.
    Spoiler: @r2d2go
    Show

Here's a roll to determine which direction it searches at random as no one mentioned which pits exactly have enemies in them. OOC currently the only creatures left are the charmed one and the other one over by Thyrak. Could get interesting if the horse hops down on top of them in the pit.
    (1d8)[5] (1 is N, 2 is NE, 3 is E, etc.)

His opponent dispatched Relentless seeks more enemies but is disappointed. These creatures are not visible from above the water.

From the surface there is a distant kobold voiced scream of pure terror. Taenor's voice can also be heard, but muffled as though from a good distance away from the edge of the pit. Taenor's voice laughs cruelly, though in an overblown fashion. As if it were exaggerated somehow.

Show

(1d20+6)[17]
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d3+3)[5]
    (1d20+5)[15]
    (1d3+3)[4]
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2014-11-23 at 03:21 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Axis raises her voice in song;

""If an Eel lunges out
    and it rips off your pout
    That's a Moray.
    If it starts in surprise
    And it tears out your eyes
    That's a Moray...."

She dives into the water near Thyrak's location, hoping to strike at whichever thing was being recalcitrant.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Using Mountain Hammer
    Attack (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage (1d3+3)[4]+(1d4)[1]cold+(2d6)[4]
    Critical Confirm if necessary (1d20+8)[14]
    No sure if I get a flank there or not--if so, please add +2 to attack roll.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"They are blazingly fast with attacks able to strike multiple times like a master swordsman with two weapons, like to grab, and speak undercommon." Says Mary-Anne.

Spoiler: If I know where Grimald is
    Show
    "Oh, and I THINK Grimald is in that pit." she adds, pointing to her southwest.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2014-11-23 at 11:10 AM.
    Extended Signature