New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #901
    Banned

Default Re: Bleach D20

Just thought I would make this stuff out there, it was for a game I was in but the GM found them too complex but I think they are somewhat simple IMO, they need some editing of course because they were shot down and I didn't look them over again. Anyway, here is my ideas. If it sounds weird because many of them responses to the GM

Spoiler
    Show
    Here goes all of it

Alright, here are my ideas, its going to seem like an incredible boost of powers at first but I think this will in general be a more balanced comparison on both ends. As it stands right now I don't think the standard way of using 3.5 doesn't accurately represents shinigami and Hollow strength however a slightly modified Gestalt could I think here is the basis of it for shinigami. This is assuming we aren't using any of the house rules.

When they first gain Shikai they gain the standard two types but instead of one ability they gain two, one for each type with restrictions, like you can't grab crackling blade and then improved crackling blade or basically grabbing two abilities in the same tree except for general however you are restricted from getting duplicates abilities from the general at first shikai level. Every shikai progression you would gain two abilities, one for each type but the same restriction applies to an extent, you can't duplicate the same general ability twice a progression.

Now for Bankai, which is where it gets a little insane. Upon 12th level a shinigami can attain a bankai and this works by using the Gestalt rules except for a couple of differences. The shinigami can only gestalt with other shinigami classes and if a Warrior shinigami has taken dedicated warrior he can only nab expert or a rehash of his own class(like double a warrior). They gain all of the level bonuses and can take bankai powers instead of the normal shikai powers, they gain two additional types or can remain in their own trees, the restriction on abilities still stands as well and the Shingami DO NOT gain HD from the bankai class. Instead a shinigami's maximum HP doubles and they are healed 1/2 off their base HP + 1/4 of their base HD ( A 16th level warrior shinigami who has just released bankai would roll 8d12 to heal).

Zanpaktou damage progression is not affected by the second class neither. Every level a shinigami goes up his bankai increases in power appropriately to correspond to that level. (so a spellcaster shinigami who just leveled to 16 would have 16 levels in bankai warrior). All zanpaktou abilities stack.

Also forgot to add the duration of Bankai, 3/4 number of HD + con mod is the number of rounds bankai can be used.

If you like the idea and/or feel it should be retooled a bit let me know so it can be improved or reworked. I think its a great idea but you never know what a bit of another opinion can do to improve that.

If you like the idea at all then I'll stat the hollow out as well as its going to involve making three new classes then some prestige classes, like Captain, Espada and Vizard, was also thinking of some other original classes and others based off of the OVAs.

Well you don't have to recalculate HP much at all, the HP would be the same as it is now but I guess you would be adding a new BAB but I'm sure many of us already do that when we do bankai with bonuses to str and dex so it would be just another bonus along with a defense bonus, so if I were lvl 16 warrior with a BAB of +16/+11/+6 and had expert bankai, when I used it I would simply add +15/+10/+5 to that to get 31/21/11 and my defense would increase from +11 to +21 and that would be it, I don't think its that complicated at all but if you don't really want it then thats cool, it was just an idea that I thought would really give a lot more flesh to the word Bankai, you know? Tell me at least what you think about the shikai buff.

Now as far as the strength and speedy thing, I agree that would be a bit unbalanced:

"You have a +30 to attack? Thats ok I have AC 60 XD"

I think something more akin to Frankto's Naruto D20 might do the trick, specifically the speed ranks, not the same amount of course but more like a +2 to attack and defense every three levels or so up to the amount of size increases the strong would receive. This would of course be circumvented if said character was immobilized or something of that sort. Maybe a +1 initiative bonus to go along as well

I think Spell casting hollow, or rather spell like ability hollows even more should gain things like an increase to a save DC abilities and a special ray touch attack or something of that sort like the warlock class does in standard DnD.

I was also thinking of consolidating gillian, Adjuchas, vasto lordes and arrancar into one and creating an 3-5 level Espada class and changing the captain class into a similar thing. I think I have a cool idea for captain bankai and Espasa ressureccion, like how Byakua in a sense had another stage to his bankai, normal free petals that raped, then the hundred swords thing. Same with Espada, how Ulquiorra does his thing and although he is the only one we have seen do it, i'm sure others can as well, at least 1-3 anyway.

we just haven't really seem the Espada get busy aside from the ones now dead in Hueco Mundo. They would gain these "soudai Bankai" and "Resureccion Magnífico" at the final level of these prestige classes, 3 or 5 and they would allow and additional half of their bankai total + 2 Bankai abilities to create a greater version of their normal bankai or some sort of odd accentuation. I think it would be cool anyhow, I think Shinsuin, Ukitake, Yamamoto of course, Aizen even, Gin possibly and Urahara may be hiding something like this along with the remaining 1-3 espada.

It would probably only last five rounds for and can only be used twice a day + modifier after a 30 minute cool down or something of that sort.

Gillian would give something like Cero as a bonus ability since it seems every single one can use cero in some way, and maybe a bonus ability limited to a pool of their respective class, like fast getting evasion, uncanny dodge and so forth each time, or spell casting getting something like spell penetration for their abilities along with a NA armor increase, probably a simple +1 at each level.

Also splitting Cero into five forms: "Gillian Cero", "Adjucha Cero", Gran Ray Cero and "Nega Cero"

So becoming and Adjuchas would give an adjuchas Cero and another related ability which ever they could be.

Becoming a Vasto Lordes would give access to Gran Ray Cero. The final Cero would be conditional I think. You would have to be an espada and reach the final level of the Espada class and take it as one of your abilities. Their power would probably be as so:

Gillian Cero: does 6d6 dmg

Adjuchas Cero: does 8d8 dmg

Gran Ray Cero: does 10d10 dmg and can be empowered by spending an action point to increase the die by up to six
    and can be empowered by spending an action point to increase the die by up to six(so the max is 16d10)

Nega Cero: does 12d12 dmg and can be empowered by spending an action point to increase the die by up to six( so max would be 18d12).

I would put all of the evolutions into the class at once, so at 4th level maybe you would become a Gillian, at 8th you would be an Adjuchas and at 12th level become a vasto lordes and Arrancar would be optional at level 8 and level 12 and would decide the power of your ressureccion and what modifiers you could receive as an Arrancar.

Since Arrancar can be barely humanoid or very human in appearance depending on their power I think it would be something like this:

Adjuchas Arrancar: Adjuchas arrancar are tough and are more close to their hollow heritage and have tougher skin and strength, gaining a +2 bonus to NA and damage and a +10 to HP. They also gain Gran Ray Cero at level 12. They also gain sonido per rules in book.

Vasto Lordes Arrancar are less durable than Adjuchas but hold an inner power that is a testament to when they were vasto lordes. They gain a +1 bonus to NA and damage and +5 HP but also gain 2 additional zanpaktou abilities and 1 additional hollow ability for their ressureccion. They also gain sonido per rules in book.

Now since Arrancar wouldn't be a normal class in my vision obviously, here is how it would work. They would become a medium humanoid as normal with all of the penalties removed and the strength remaining. Gain the base bludgeoning attack and Gain Ressureccion.

The resureccion ability will give zanpaktou abilities equivalent to the amount of hollow abilities the hollow has at which ever level and would increase as they continue to grow every other level. It will also give one bankai ability on top. It would last 10 rounds or something of that manner.

Captain level shinigami

When I was a kid just having a bankai was enough to be a captain in the Gotei 13 but things change. Every generation becomes more and more powerful than the last. Soon more and more folks began having bankai like it was some child's plaything. Becoming a captain didn't mean much for awhile until he came. A shinigami who had bankai like all the rest but he was on a whole other level. A bright and fierce determination was in his eyes as he fought with a superior reiatsu that burned hollows to a crisp on its own. Can you believe that? It was insane! His shikai was strong enough to fell bankais like they were candy and made the arrancar look like an average gillian. He was hot stuff! He set the bar for the next generation and ushered in a new age in the Gotei 13 where you had to have the magic to be a captain. Thats why Kenpachi's insane ass is a captain now. What? You don't believe me then ask the Yamamoto to tell you about him, himself! - Old man in Rukonagi.

I was thinking about how Ichigo always had the cool glow in his eye anytime he was filled with a fierce determination and I think thats what sets him and other shinigami apart. They got the "touch".

This class would be available after 13th or 14th level and would introduce a standard prestige class bonus to HP, BAB, defense and the likes and would offer abilities like to add two of the action point die together instead of just choosing the highest one once a day to let the character do something amazing. (Ichigo pwning Renji in their duel and stuff like that.) At the 3rd level there would be rules for an improved bankai that enabled another stage like Byaukua's and what not.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Banned

If you hadn't guessed there was a hollow PC class made.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ultima22689 View Post
    When they first gain Shikai they gain the standard two types but instead of one ability they gain two, one for each type with restrictions, like you can't grab crackling blade and then improved crackling blade or basically grabbing two abilities in the same tree except for general however you are restricted from getting duplicates abilities from the general at first shikai level. Every shikai progression you would gain two abilities, one for each type but the same restriction applies to an extent, you can't duplicate the same general ability twice a progression.
    I like this, the ideas for shikai, but I have to tell you the rest of the stuff you have is really confusing, for me at least. Also, a lot of the stuff you have for hollows is contradictory with what can and can't be had be certain class of hollows.

I was also thinking of consolidating gillian, Adjuchas, vasto lordes and arrancar into one and creating an 3-5 level Espada class and changing the captain class into a similar thing. I think I have a cool idea for captain bankai and Espasa ressureccion, like how Byakua in a sense had another stage to his bankai, normal free petals that raped, then the hundred swords thing. Same with Espada, how Ulquiorra does his thing and although he is the only one we have seen do it, i'm sure others can as well, at least 1-3 anyway.

Also splitting Cero into five forms: "Gillian Cero", "Adjucha Cero", Gran Ray Cero and "Nega Cero"

So becoming and Adjuchas would give an adjuchas Cero and another related ability which ever they could be.

Becoming a Vasto Lordes would give access to Gran Ray Cero. The final Cero would be conditional I think. You would have to be an espada and reach the final level of the Espada class and take it as one of your abilities. Their power would probably be as so:

I would put all of the evolutions into the class at once, so at 4th level maybe you would become a Gillian, at 8th you would be an Adjuchas and at 12th level become a vasto lordes and Arrancar would be optional at level 8 and level 12 and would decide the power of your ressureccion and what modifiers you could receive as an Arrancar.
    The Gran Rey Cero is for the Espadas only, no matter what the rank. Cero Oscuras is for espada for when they release. And cero should scale with level, not have a flat number.
    You can consolidate them, but if there is nothing to differentiate them from eachother, then why do it?

Captain level shinigami

When I was a kid just having a bankai was enough to be a captain in the Gotei 13 but things change. Every generation becomes more and more powerful than the last. Soon more and more folks began having bankai like it was some child's plaything. Becoming a captain didn't mean much for awhile until he came. A shinigami who had bankai like all the rest but he was on a whole other level. A bright and fierce determination was in his eyes as he fought with a superior reiatsu that burned hollows to a crisp on its own. Can you believe that? It was insane! His shikai was strong enough to fell bankais like they were candy and made the arrancar look like an average gillian. He was hot stuff! He set the bar for the next generation and ushered in a new age in the Gotei 13 where you had to have the magic to be a captain. Thats why Kenpachi's insane ass is a captain now. What? You don't believe me then ask the Yamamoto to tell you about him, himself! - Old man in Rukonagi.
    I don't like the flavor. I love it!!!

These are just my opinions. You can use these if you want, but don't expect me to use them as well. (Although the shikai shikai stuff will probably be used.)
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-05-12 at 01:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    I like this, the ideas for shikai, but I have to tell you the rest of the stuff you have is really confusing, for me at least. Also, a lot of the stuff you have for hollows is contradictory with what can and can't be had be certain class of hollows.

The Gran Rey Cero is for the Espadas only, no matter what the rank. Cero Oscuras is for espada for when they release. And cero should scale with level, not have a flat number.
    You can consolidate them, but if there is nothing to differentiate them from eachother, then why do it?

I don't like the flavor. I love it!!!

These are just my opinions. You can use these if you want, but don't expect me to use them as well. (Although the shikai shikai stuff will probably be used.)
    Thats totally cool, use anything you want, I understand that the hollow stuff is a little contradictory but it was intended for a custom class that followed only a couple of the rules in the book. I encourage you to at least use the captain level shinigami thing however. Do you intend to make hollow PCs viable? If not I could help if you want. I'm pretty stoked for the idea of a hollow class.

5. - Top - End - #905

Now for Bankai, which is where it gets a little insane. Upon 12th level a shinigami can attain a bankai and this works by using the Gestalt rules except for a couple of differences. The shinigami can only gestalt with other shinigami classes and if a Warrior shinigami has taken dedicated warrior he can only nab expert or a rehash of his own class(like double a warrior). They gain all of the level bonuses and can take bankai powers instead of the normal shikai powers, they gain two additional types or can remain in their own trees, the restriction on abilities still stands as well and the Shingami DO NOT gain HD from the bankai class. Instead a shinigami's maximum HP doubles and they are healed 1/2 off their base HP + 1/4 of their base HD ( A 16th level warrior shinigami who has just released bankai would roll 8d12 to heal).

Zanpaktou damage progression is not affected by the second class neither. Every level a shinigami goes up his bankai increases in power appropriately to correspond to that level. (so a spellcaster shinigami who just leveled to 16 would have 16 levels in bankai warrior). All zanpaktou abilities stack.
    To consildate:
    • You gain as many Shikai (or Bankai) abilities as you already have minus the ones gained from feats
    • Get two more Zanpakuto types
    • Get spellcasting and feat progressions of second class (gained in Bankai)
    • Double your max HP
    • Roll dice equal to half of your HD - these dice are the same kind as your original HD - and recover HP equal to the roll (this is based on the example you gave).
    • Zanpakuto damage does not stack
    • If Dedicated Warrior feat is taken, then you may only spellcasting and feat progressions from Warrior or Expert Shinigami Classes.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    To consildate:
    • You gain as many Shikai (or Bankai) abilities as you already have minus the ones gained from feats
    • Get two more Zanpakuto types
    • Get spellcasting and feat progressions of second class (gained in Bankai)
    • Double your max HP
    • Roll dice equal to half of your HD - these dice are the same kind as your original HD - and recover HP equal to the roll (this is based on the example you gave).
    • Zanpakuto damage does not stack
    • If Dedicated Warrior feat is taken, then you may only spellcasting and feat progressions from Warrior or Expert Shinigami Classes.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yeah, but you still don't gain a spellcasting progression, and you also get the bab, defense, and saves as well.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Banned

Here is a PDF for another set of rules for Bleach that are very complete but was discontinued, it looks almost pro and is a PDF, I forgot who made it and it is likely nowhere else on the net but I managed to retain a copy on my comp so please take a look, you might like some of the ideas in here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BSPDXT8M

8. - Top - End - #908

That's poopy, you gotta pay for that site.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    That's poopy, you gotta pay for that site.
    You don't have to pay to download.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

You don't have to pay to download.
    Pay or no, the file is apparently "temporarily unavailable".
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

11. - Top - End - #911
    Banned

Crap, i'll upload it somewhere else, then gimme a sec, don't go away.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Banned

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Worked, thanks much.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Banned

Awesome, hopefully it will remain. Tell me what you think of it, hopefully it could be of some use to DandV, I didn't want it to go to waste as it looked pretty good and if it could only improve an end product with the culmination of an entire other set of rules I figured why not, so please take good look guys, I think a few things would work much better than whats already there, like the Vizard class and all of those origingal ones are pretty cool too, that file is chock full of stuff.
    Last edited by ultima22689; 2009-05-15 at 05:31 PM.

15. - Top - End - #915

This one is definitely more readily usable for DnD 3.5e players but I liked the shikai/bankai rules from Void's better.And buxom is a really odd feat that isn't really played upon in the anime or manga as far as I know. Also, for the squad-specific classes, this has already been gone over, so I won't go off beatin' the dead horse but I couldn't help but feel it wasn't right.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Plus, honestly, I think 2-3 classes for shinigami works better, if you're doing a class-based system.

Void's system, with 3 different levels of attack bonus, kido casting, speed, etc., feels closer to what we see on-screen.

For example, Byakuya Kuchiki would, in my view, have full BAB, or nearly so. He's first and foremost a fighter (albeit with the TK'ed blades), who's also decent at Kido.

On the flip side is Rukia, who's only recently shown growing skills in swordsmanship, and is instead great at kido.

I'm not saying the PDF is bad, but I think the system in this thread gives more flexibility and options.

But really, the more I look at the setting and characters, the more a point-based system seems to perhaps be the better choice. With the 3 class paradigm following behind fairly close.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Banned

Yeah, I prefer the void's system, I just figured there were a lot of good things that could contribute to version that D&V is working on.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    For example, Byakuya Kuchiki would, in my view, have full BAB, or nearly so. He's first and foremost a fighter (albeit with the TK'ed blades), who's also decent at Kido.
    I disagree. Of all the captains I've seen battle so far, Byakuya is probably the captain that has the best balance between all shinigami combat styles. He is extremely proficient in hohou (he has an excellent shunpo and has other very good abilities regarding speed and movement), as far as I've seen has a very good skill in kidou, and aside from all that also has great skill with his zanpakuto, both in it's sealed form and in it's shikai/bankai forms.

I'll agree with you on Rukia though. She has a big focus on kidou. It is most definately her strong point, I will agree, whereas her Hohou is probably subpar, and her swordsmanship is poor, but improving.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Halfling in the Playground

Byakuya is probably the captain that has the best balance between all shinigami combat styles.
    Yes, I think that's right... He is able to cast level 60 kidou without incantation, and he's got an excellent level of shumpo; in swordmanship he's good, but he's bettter at using his released sword's long range attacks....
    I think the expert shinigami suits him just fine.
    The only problem is he once used a level 89 bakudou, while the class in void's system can cast kidou up until 6th level (or, n° 60 in bleach language)....
    Maybe the kidou system should be revised a little....

20. - Top - End - #920
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Alteration of that basic system would probably not be good. One has to remember that kidou can quickly become overpowering, especially when you can get it to high levels early on. I don't think there is an easy, if there is a way at all, to somehow remake kidou to allow byakuya to have those skills while not making kidou an entirely overpowering ability.

However, I think a captain class might not be a bad move. To signify the ability to train and learn from the best of soul society (meaning the other captains, but also access to most research data and reading material), a captain class could allow for any character to expand one or more abilities by choice, rather than go in a straight line like the basic classes would.

For example, Byakuya's levels in captain could raise his skill in kidou exclusively while his expert levels cover his powerful shunpo and adequate swordsmanship.
    Last edited by Athildur; 2009-05-22 at 05:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that Athildur has the right idea. A Captain is shown to be significantly stronger than even their lieutenants, so I think a Captain class would be a great way to represent it.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

22. - Top - End - #922
    Banned

I knew it was a good idea :)

23. - Top - End - #923
    Pixie in the Playground

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a Captain Prestige Class instead of a normal class? :|
    Click my banner and be taken to my Guyver conversion for D&D 4E!

24. - Top - End - #924
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Guyver View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have a Captain Prestige Class instead of a normal class? :|
    Thats what we were all thinking i'm sure, at least I HOPE thats what we all thought.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Pardon my omission of the word prestige. I did not dare to think anyone would get it into their heads that it could be a normal class :P.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Banned

Hey, I was thinking about the Kidou issue, what if it were handled like a warlock does evocations for spell like abilities? I think it would suit kidou much better since they aren't really spells that do spell things, they are more like highly honed manipulation of reiatsu or something.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athildur View Post
    Pardon my omission of the word prestige. I did not dare to think anyone would get it into their heads that it could be a normal class :P.
    Just thought I'd get that cleared up for anyone else who might come across this thread.

Hey, I was thinking about the Kidou issue, what if it were handled like a warlock does evocations for spell like abilities? I think it would suit kidou much better since they aren't really spells that do spell things, they are more like highly honed manipulation of reiatsu or something.
    What part of kidou isn't a "spell that does spell things" ? To use kidou, you say a chant (can be omitted), followed by the kidou type/number/name and then it creates a clearly defined effect. Sounds like a spell to me.
    Click my banner and be taken to my Guyver conversion for D&D 4E!

28. - Top - End - #928
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Guyver View Post
    Just thought I'd get that cleared up for anyone else who might come across this thread.

What part of kidou isn't a "spell that does spell things" ? To use kidou, you say a chant (can be omitted), followed by the kidou type/number/name and then it creates a clearly defined effect. Sounds like a spell to me.
    Actually the incantation can be omitted. Byakua does it all the time. So has Aizen, in fact they are revered by Urahara's buddy because they can cast very high level Kidou without incantations.

Oh, i mistaked that can as a can't. Anywho, how can they not be desribed a spell like abilities. Take a DnD warlock, take away all of the DND stuff, all the mechanics and make a movie about him, he would look like he is casting spells too.
    Last edited by ultima22689; 2009-05-24 at 08:03 AM.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Imho, kidou incantations mostly resemble psionics.

The user takes hold of his own internal power reserves, focuses and shapes them, then releases it. I can only surmise that gestures help focus the attack whereas incantations somehow provide some sort of concentration focus through which the shaping of spirit energy becomes easier or something.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Athildur View Post
    Imho, kidou incantations mostly resemble psionics.

The user takes hold of his own internal power reserves, focuses and shapes them, then releases it. I can only surmise that gestures help focus the attack whereas incantations somehow provide some sort of concentration focus through which the shaping of spirit energy becomes easier or something.
    Yeah, the void used psionics I think for Kidou. They just need some intense work. Kind of zaps the magic out of bleach when you are a captain and someone else casts dominate mind on you.