New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #931
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: Bleach D20

Well, that's because there *is* no dominate mind in Bleach, as far as we know.

Imho, I'd really tone down the list of spells available to what seems manageable with kidou, for as far as we have seen. That would immediately eliminate almost all illusions from the list, for example.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Athildur View Post
    Well, that's because there *is* no dominate mind in Bleach, as far as we know.

Imho, I'd really tone down the list of spells available to what seems manageable with kidou, for as far as we have seen. That would immediately eliminate almost all illusions from the list, for example.
    Indeed, I wholly agree. All we have seen Kidou do is long range teleportation, healing, damaging blasts, sealing, shields, and negating other kidou.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been looking through the rulebook compilation for this, and there seems to be no vasto lorde skill setup.

also, adjuchas are incapable of becoming vasto lordes if any part of them is eaten by another hollow, ever (according to the manga, at least).

on a similar note, vasto lordes lose the need to eat other hollows, so i dont think the regression rules aply to them.

and i dont see the point of the 'If this ends while you are still in the air you begin falling immediately.' if everyone can fly (or float, at least)
    without conscious effort.

i apologize if this seems rude in any way.
    That's right, folks. I'm back. You can start crying now.

Fire Emblem: Blurred Souls Join Now!

4. - Top - End - #934
    Dwarf in the Playground

just a few ideas for more Hollow Abilities,

Increased Reach: The hollow can extend its attack in some way. The hollow gains an extra 5 foot of reach for one existing attack type (claws, bite, tail, ect). This ability may be taken multiple times, its effects stack.
    (i.e. luppi)

Breath Weapon: The hollow gains a breath weapon. This attack is a 30ft cone that takes a standard action to use and deals d6s equal to one half the hollows HD (reflex for half). This attack can be used once every 1d4 rounds. The hollow chooses the energy type upon first taking this ability. Every time after the first that this ability is taken the hollow gains a new breath weapon or increases an existing breath weapons damage increases by 1d6 its DC increases by 2 or its range by 30ft.

Projectile Barb: The hollow gains the ability to fire a projectile barb or spine from it’s body. This attack takes a standard action and is a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 50ft. Its damage is equivalent to the hollows claw attack (Arrancar may use zanpakutou damage if desired) plus con modifier. This ability may be taken multiple times, each time adds another barb every time the attack is used, these barbs may have seperate targets.

I also feel that Hollows should have some kind of poison option too, as it suits there style. Though i'm not sure how it'd work.

Rules wise, I noticed Rake as an Adjucha Hollow ability currently doesn't make any sense;

Rake: This gives the Adjucha a rake attack. Whenever it hits with at least two of its natural weapons, it gains an additional rake attack that deals damage equal to its claw’s base damage+1/2 its strength modifier (rounded down) and is made at its highest base attack bonus. This ability may be taken multiple times; each time gives an additional rake attack.
    (weak extra attack with conditions)

Extra Limb: The hollow gains an extra limb. They can gain another leg, increasing their movement by 5 feet per extra leg, an extra arm, giving them another claw attack, a tail, giving them a tail attack, or a wing. One wing gives the hollow a wing buffet attack. Two wings also grant the hollow the ability to fly at twice their land speed with poor maneuverability.
    (extra attack, bam!)

Why would a hollow ever take rake over extra limb?

Another thing I noticed, is that without releasing arrancar are often worse then regular hollows of their level, this just doesn't feel right. Infact, an unreleased arrancar is just about the weakest thing of it's level. Shinigami can at least fall back on kidoe and their (awesome) shikai's.

Say for instance I made a hollow that only took increase size and extra limb abilities. as soon as I go arrancar, without releasing, i'm screwed!
    Last edited by Alcopop; 2009-05-29 at 08:32 AM.
    tumblr (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

5. - Top - End - #935
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FeverFox View Post
    just a few ideas for more Hollow Abilities,

Increased Reach: The hollow can extend its attack in some way. The hollow gains an extra 5 foot of reach for one existing attack type (claws, bite, tail, ect). This ability may be taken multiple times, its effects stack.
    (i.e. luppi)

Breath Weapon: The hollow gains a breath weapon. This attack is a 30ft cone that takes a standard action to use and deals d6s equal to one half the hollows HD (reflex for half). This attack can be used once every 1d4 rounds. The hollow chooses the energy type upon first taking this ability. Every time after the first that this ability is taken the hollow gains a new breath weapon or increases an existing breath weapons damage increases by 1d6 its DC increases by 2 or its range by 30ft.

Projectile Barb: The hollow gains the ability to fire a projectile barb or spine from it’s body. This attack takes a standard action and is a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 50ft. Its damage is equivalent to the hollows claw attack (Arrancar may use zanpakutou damage if desired) plus con modifier. This ability may be taken multiple times, each time adds another barb every time the attack is used, these barbs may have seperate targets.

I also feel that Hollows should have some kind of poison option too, as it suits there style. Though i'm not sure how it'd work.

Rules wise, I noticed Rake as an Adjucha Hollow ability currently doesn't make any sense;

Rake: This gives the Adjucha a rake attack. Whenever it hits with at least two of its natural weapons, it gains an additional rake attack that deals damage equal to its claw’s base damage+1/2 its strength modifier (rounded down) and is made at its highest base attack bonus. This ability may be taken multiple times; each time gives an additional rake attack.
    (weak extra attack with conditions)

Extra Limb: The hollow gains an extra limb. They can gain another leg, increasing their movement by 5 feet per extra leg, an extra arm, giving them another claw attack, a tail, giving them a tail attack, or a wing. One wing gives the hollow a wing buffet attack. Two wings also grant the hollow the ability to fly at twice their land speed with poor maneuverability.
    (extra attack, bam!)

Why would a hollow ever take rake over extra limb?

Another thing I noticed, is that without releasing arrancar are often worse then regular hollows of their level, this just doesn't feel right. Infact, an unreleased arrancar is just about the weakest thing of it's level. Shinigami can at least fall back on kidoe and their (awesome) shikai's.

Say for instance I made a hollow that only took increase size and extra limb abilities. as soon as I go arrancar, without releasing, i'm screwed!
    You can replace all of those improved size abilities with others at the time of becoming an adjuchas or arrancar with others and keep the bonuses you gained from it. The arrancar, vizard and captain classes are incomplete from what I remember considering they don't have any BAB, HD, skill points or defense bonus. Arrancar can also still use their hollow abilities unreleased that didn't alter their body in anyway also.(I.E extra limb)

IMO the arrancar should be handled more like a bankai and condesned into a class feature for hollows intead of another class altogether.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Dwarf in the Playground

another small nitpick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Za Rulebook
    Gran Rey Cero: The power of an Adjucha’s cero is far greater than that of a normal Gillian’s. This advanced ability raises the damage of a cero to 2d6 per hit die. This ability may be taken by Vizard.
    the only one whose seen using a GRCero is grimmjow, but he's also an arrancar--he even stated it as one of the things aizen forbid the espada from using inside the dome.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi_goodboy View Post
    another small nitpick:
    the only one whose seen using a GRCero is grimmjow, but he's also an arrancar--he even stated it as one of the things aizen forbid the espada from using inside the dome.
    Yep, that was noted earlier and I think D&V said he was going to make that adjustment.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ultima22689 View Post
    Yep, that was noted earlier and I think D&V said he was going to make that adjustment.
    gotcha, and a possible name for the armor-bonus-for-hollows-feat would be hierro (the passive reiatsu-armor that hollow/arrancar have. nnoitora's heirro is the strongest among the espada, for example)
    -they could gain +1 to AC/level and take an 'improved hierro' feat to up the bonus, or something.

EDIT: i also forgot to add a question about seele schneider: '...If used as an arrow, the Seele Schneider is destroyed if it hits the target.'

in the series and manga the SS' used in the explosion against szayel and the ones shot at/into cirucci (the privaron espada that ishida fights in the HM arc) were simply picked up and put back into his belt after the battles, completely undamaged.
    Last edited by Tobi_goodboy; 2009-05-29 at 09:26 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Banned

gotcha, and a possible name for the armor-bonus-for-hollows-feat would be hierro (the passive reiatsu-armor that hollow/arrancar have. nnoitora's heirro is the strongest among the espada, for example)
    -they could gain +1 to AC/level and take an 'improved hierro' feat to up the bonus, or something.

EDIT: i also forgot to add a question about seele schneider: '...If used as an arrow, the Seele Schneider is destroyed if it hits the target.'

in the series and manga the SS' used in the explosion against szayel and the ones shot at/into cirucci (the privaron espada that ishida fights in the HM arc) were simply picked up and put back into his belt after the battles, completely undamaged.
    In the game i'm in I play a hollow, we made a class for it and we gain natural armor which is pretty much the same thing as hierro. So yeah, that would work perfect.

I think what that means is that the spirit particles are dispersed. Perhaps they should be useable over and over again but must be imbued by the PC.

Quincy need A LOT of love anyway, they are really underpowered as of now.
    Last edited by ultima22689; 2009-05-29 at 09:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Dwarf in the Playground

In the game i'm in I play a hollow, we made a class for it and we gain natural armor which is pretty much the same thing as hierro. So yeah, that would work perfect.
    Why a class for hollows? I think the HD suit perfectly.

And as far as quincys go I think they need more defence when it comes to final form. or a release that doesn't require them to almost die. Something like the abililty to use a lesser version of final form x times per day at from level 12.
    Last edited by Alcopop; 2009-05-29 at 10:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think what that means is that the spirit particles are dispersed. Perhaps they should be useable over and over again but must be imbued by the PC.

Quincy need A LOT of love anyway, they are really underpowered as of now.
    i assume thay'd be used up, but seeing as quincy's use ambient spirit particles for most if not all of their attacks, wouldn't a recharge duration fit better?

12. - Top - End - #942
    Dwarf in the Playground

Why a class for hollows? I think the HD suit perfectly.

And as far as quincys go I think they need more defence when it comes to final form. or a release that doesn't require them to almost die. Something like the abililty to use a lesser version of final form x times per day at from level 12.
    +1 AC per 1-2 HD would do just as good (i think)
    Last edited by Tobi_goodboy; 2009-05-29 at 10:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Dwarf in the Playground

and a possible item/artifact addition: the flesh-glove-capsule-thing that aizen used to remove the hougyoku from rukia's body (see chapter 176)

it can 'open up' any spiritual matter and insert things into it for storage (i'd assume this is how urahara implanted the hougyoku into the gigai in the first place), or remove stored from inside of something (like aizen did). you can turn any large object into a storage container for any object that could theoretically fit inside of it--like a bag of holding, only more complicated

again, if any of this steps a little too far, or seems rude, i apologize beforehand.
    Last edited by Tobi_goodboy; 2009-05-29 at 11:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Dwarf in the Playground

+1 AC per 1-2 HD would do just as good (i think)
    Ahh, hollows have too low AC?

15. - Top - End - #945
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ahh, hollows have too low AC?
    no such thing as too much AC, i say!

well...*shudder* nevermind.

'Armor Class: Natural Armor is equal to ½ the Hollow’s HD, rounded up.'
    +1 AC per 2 HD is about the same,
    Spoiler
    Show
    as 1 HD gets +1 AC due to .5 rounding up, 2HD gets +1 as 1 is half, 3 gets +2 due to 1.5 rounding up, 4= +2, 5= +3, 6= +3, 7= +4, 8= +4, etc. etc.
    Last edited by Tobi_goodboy; 2009-05-29 at 11:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Banned

There is a hollow class because the classes already there are meant for shinigami. The hollow class we've been using works perfectly for the hollow.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a hollow class because the classes already there are meant for shinigami. The hollow class we've been using works perfectly for the hollow.
    good to know, as we (by this i mean my friends and i) are still in the planning stages of playing a game with this--albeit ever-so-slightly-altered--setup .

18. - Top - End - #948
    Dwarf in the Playground

is Void still working on this?

19. - Top - End - #949
    Banned

is Void still working on this?
    Nope D&V is doing a massive update on it though, I guess he will release it sooner or later. I'm a tad worried considering he hasn't posted here for a long time, he usually makes a post every now and then.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Dwarf in the Playground

Indeed, I wholly agree. All we have seen Kidou do is long range teleportation, healing, damaging blasts, sealing, shields, and negating other kidou.
    or add an illusion-type zanpakuto, along the lines of aizen's.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Barbarian in the Playground

Maybe it's just me, but I see hierro (That's right, correct?) As damage reduction more than an AC bonus. It seems to either completely negate the damage (Has more DR than the damage did) or reduce it (typical DR). An AC bonus just woudn't seem to work because it's either you hit or you don't.

Just my two cents, of course, I don't think I've read bleach since he fought that dude who ate his servants.....I can't even remember names anymore.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

22. - Top - End - #952
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

I disagree. At least partly.

I think both AC bonuses and DR would work. After all, 'armor' doesn't really prevent you, as a whole, from getting hit. That is to say, if someone attacks you, they may hit 'you' (your chain shirt, for example). In this case, no damage is cause because the armor either deflects the attack or absorbs enough of the impact for it to be harmless.

The same would be true for hierro. I can see that DR would have the same kind of effect, but mechanicswise I am much in favor of AC. After all, in a system where nobody really wears armor, and attack bonuses do always rise with BaB and other increases in power, where does AC come into play?
    It should not be reduced to a useless mechanic that's only there because the core rules define it. Instead, it should be as much of an issue in combat as it is in normal D&D. The AC boost to Arrancar would make them harder to damage by making it harder to really 'hit' them.

On the other hand, in the anime it is more akin to DR, since it usually takes an extremely powerful attack of sorts to be able to damage certain arrancar, which would reflect a very high damage reduction.

My preference goes to an AC bonus. For one, they are less powerful, and as I have said before it would at least make sure that AC does not become obsolete.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Athildur View Post
    I disagree. At least partly.

I think both AC bonuses and DR would work. After all, 'armor' doesn't really prevent you, as a whole, from getting hit. That is to say, if someone attacks you, they may hit 'you' (your chain shirt, for example). In this case, no damage is cause because the armor either deflects the attack or absorbs enough of the impact for it to be harmless.

The same would be true for hierro. I can see that DR would have the same kind of effect, but mechanicswise I am much in favor of AC. After all, in a system where nobody really wears armor, and attack bonuses do always rise with BaB and other increases in power, where does AC come into play?
    It should not be reduced to a useless mechanic that's only there because the core rules define it. Instead, it should be as much of an issue in combat as it is in normal D&D. The AC boost to Arrancar would make them harder to damage by making it harder to really 'hit' them.

On the other hand, in the anime it is more akin to DR, since it usually takes an extremely powerful attack of sorts to be able to damage certain arrancar, which would reflect a very high damage reduction.

My preference goes to an AC bonus. For one, they are less powerful, and as I have said before it would at least make sure that AC does not become obsolete.
    Indeed, hence the term "Natural" Armor. Its exactly what arrancar have, Kenpachi had a hard time cutting into Noitorra's skin for a moment but he had no problem hitting him. Damage reduction reduces the amount of damage you take, you would have to have to have a HIGH DR to stop a 16+ captain from doing damage to you. If he was shot with a sealing kidou or some kind of special effect attack (Touch Attack) then his NA doesn't come into play.

24. - Top - End - #954

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still alive and I am still trying to update the system as best I can which to be honest, isn't saying much.

Indeed, hence the term "Natural" Armor. Its exactly what arrancar have, Kenpachi had a hard time cutting into Noitorra's skin for a moment but he had no problem hitting him. Damage reduction reduces the amount of damage you take, you would have to have to have a HIGH DR to stop a 16+ captain from doing damage to you. If he was shot with a sealing kidou or some kind of special effect attack (Touch Attack) then his NA doesn't come into play.
    When it comes to Bakudo spells, yes that's how it works, but the same cannot be said about Hado spells. If Nnoitra was hit by #31 Shakkaho, he would be probably shug it off, even if it's a touch attack, because that's how Hierro works. This is what the Reiatsu system is going to try to cover.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-06-02 at 02:15 PM.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    I know I haven't posted in a while, but I'm still alive and I am still trying to update the system as best I can which to be honest, isn't saying much.

When it comes to Bakudo spells, yes that's how it works, but the same cannot be said about Hado spells. If Nnoitra was hit by #31 Shakkaho, he would be probably shug it off, even if it's a touch attack, because that's how Hierro works. This is what the Reiatsu system is going to try to cover.
    Good to know you're still around.

26. - Top - End - #956

Fair enough, I understand where you're coming from with the Natural Armor now, color me enlightened.

-Suzuro
    Teach me, Please
    I need the abilities to live
    Silly me, I tried to measure it by what I could give

"There are nights when the wolves are silent, And only the moon howls...."
    -George Carlin

27. - Top - End - #957
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey D&V just a few issues i've noticed with the current system. You might of already have fixed them but I thought I should bring them up anyhow.

Arrancar;

Zanpakutou Ability

An Arrancar may gain shikai abilities as if they were shinigami. These can only be used while in Released form. Like a Shinigami, Arrancar zanpakutou have two inherent types (though this can be increased through the use of feats). Treat zanpakutou base damage as that of a Warrior Shinigami of equivalent level as the arrancar has hit dice. Arrancar gain use of Bankai when their Arrancar level reaches 12. They also gain use of their Final Shikai at 11th level, and Final Bankai at 20th level.
    Bankai? what? this doesn't make sence at all. Resurrección: Segunda Etapa, (the second release) should be here in place.

Sonido:

Arrancar gain Sonido at 2nd level, and every even level thereafter. Sonido progresses and is functionally identical to Shunpo. In addition, the Arrancar adds ½ their hollow hit dice for purposes of determining sonido distance. Sonido can be used to qualify for shunpo-based feats.
    Unfortunatly this means that arrancar start very much behind shinigami when it comes to shumpo/sonido and never really catch up. We've seen fraccion keep up with even soi fongs speed.
    Fix:
    I think something like treating arrancar HD as warrior shinigami levels to determine sonidos speed/distance would be best here (maybe some way of upgrading it to expert equivelent too)

This isn't really an issue but more of an idea with arrancar;

Upon entering the arrancar class an arrancar can choose to trade in hollow abilities for additional zampakuto abilities. These abilities can still only be accessed through release. The arranacar may not convert more then half his existing hollow abilities.

Some more arrancar abilities (as previosly posted)
    Increased Reach: The hollow can extend its attack in some way. The hollow gains an extra 5 foot of reach for one existing attack type (claw, bite, tail ect). This ability may be taken multiple times, its effects stack.

Breath Weapon: The hollow gains a breath weapon. This attack deals d6s equal to one half the hollows HD and can be used once every 1d4 rounds. A reflex save is allowed for half (DC 10 + Half HD + Con). The hollow chooses the energy type upon taking this ability the first time. Every time after the first that this ability is taken the hollow gains a new breath weapon or an existing breath weapons damage increases by 1d6 and its DC increases by 1.

Projectile Barb: The hollow gains the ability to fire a projectile barb or spine from it’s body. This attack takes a standard action and is a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 50ft. Its damage is equivalent to the hollows claw attack (Arrancar may use zanpakutou damage if desired) plus con modifier. This ability may be taken multiple times, each time adds another barb every time the attack is used (to be resolved separately).
    and lastly as mentioned in a previose post Rake doesn't work as an Adjucha ability. Maybe giving it double str damage or something would be good.

Skills;

Intimidate: In addition to its normal function, Intimidate allows you to overwhelm foes with your reiatsu. A reiatsu surge can be initiated at any time as a standard action. Make an intimidate check against your foe, who makes either an opposed Intimidate or Level check (their choice). If you succeed, your opponent takes a -2 penalty on all rolls for as many rounds as you won the check by. Also, for every five points you exceed their roll by, they take another, cumulative -2 penalty. If they defeat your roll, they throw off your surge by pushing back with their own reiatsu, causing you to become dazed for rounds equal to ½ the amount they defeated your surge by rounded down, to a minimum of 1.
    Easly broken, my friend pointed out using shikia and bankia you could give your self massive bonuses to this roll (something like +80)

Fix:
    Can only be used against opponents of lower HD.

Shikia and Bankia;

Defensive Surge: As an immediate action in response to attack, you may gain +4 to your AC against that attack. This ability may be taken multiple times, each time adds +4 to the save bonus.

Greater Defensive Surge: This requires Defensive Surge and at least two other barrier abilities to take. Instead of lasting for one attack, Defensive Surge lasts until the end of the attack action targeting you.

Swift Reflexes: As an immediate action in response to an attack that requires a reflex save, you may gain +4 to your reflex save against that attack. This ability may be taken multiple times, each time adds +4 to the save bonus.

Indomitable Will: As an immediate action in response to an attack that requires a will save, you may gain +4 to your will save against that attack. This ability may be taken multiple times, each time adds +4 to the save bonus.

Mighty Fortitude: As an immediate action in response to an attack that requires a fortitude save, you may gain +4 to your fortitude save against that attack. This ability may be taken multiple times, each time adds +4 to the save bonus.
    It never mentions how frequently these abilities can be used. once every 1d4? once per encounter?

hokay, thats it for now.
    Last edited by Alcopop; 2009-06-03 at 07:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Dwarf in the Playground

another thing: is there a way of defining an adjuchas look? most of them are more bestial than human (grimmjow, D. roy, and crew were all animal-y when shown in grimmjow's past)

would that be the player's choice or the DM's? though seeing as most beings cant really choose how or what they are created as...

i seem to have answered my own question here...
    Last edited by Tobi_goodboy; 2009-06-03 at 10:51 AM.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Banned

another thing: is there a way of defining an adjuchas look? most of them are more bestial than human (grimmjow, D. roy, and crew were all animal-y when shown in grimmjow's past)

would that be the player's choice or the DM's? though seeing as most beings cant really choose how or what they are created as...

Well in the game i'm in where i'm playing a hollow we simply decide what kind of hollow we want to be, i'm a wolf, one is a dragon and the other is just a demon thing. Its worked out pretty well so far and when the time comes we will do our arrancar thing.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah don't take that away from the players, sure people can't decide what they look like but hell, this is roleplaying not real life. playing your own bleach character is pretty much the draw for this system, that includes visuals. Removing that control from the player can only hurt the enjoyment of the game, so why do it? it's not like we should be hitting for realism anyway. its bleach!