New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1418

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #1021
    Banned

Default Re: Bleach D20

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi_goodboy View Post
    you lost me... can you put that in laymans terms please?
    Its for the segunda etapa thing and Vaizard 2.0, aside from that, whats not to understand?

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ultima22689 View Post
    Its for the segunda etapa thing and Vaizard 2.0, aside from that, whats not to understand?
    nevermind, i re-read it a few times and got it
    That's right, folks. I'm back. You can start crying now.

Fire Emblem: Blurred Souls Join Now!

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi_goodboy View Post
    nevermind, i re-read it a few times and got it
    opinions? Thoughts?

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Dwarf in the Playground

opinions? Thoughts?
    the amount of bonuses lost should be proportional to the amount and rate of regeneration i would suppose, and i cant really find much to say about the vaizards

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tell me what you guys think of this.

*Snip!*

This is just for fun, it wouldn't be that hard to balance really, especially when you go around making homebrew for Naruto D20. This is really just for fun, i'd like to use these ideas eventually but I'm not pushing for em.
    On what I snipped I kinda get what your saying but feel it could be worded better.

I think we need a second forum for homebrew Bleach d20 stuff, like what they have for Avatar d20.
    Do you guys think people will come up with homebrew stuff for Bleach?
    Maybe somebody will be kind enough to even write up the Bounts and Bakuto? *hint hint*

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    On what I snipped I kinda get what your saying but feel it could be worded better.

I think we need a second forum for homebrew Bleach d20 stuff, like what they have for Avatar d20.
    Maybe somebody will be kind enough to even write up the Bounts and Bakuto? *hint hint*
    I considered writing up the bounts, I'll give it a shot. Will be a lot of work though with them being pets and such.

Yeah, it could definitely be worded better, I just wanted to get the idea across.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Banned

Bleck, i've got a couple ideas for bounts but it isn't really anything that shinigami can't do already just as well since its all just summons and the fusion thing makes come off kind of bland. To be honest I don't think filler characters are worth it. Maybe the first movie but thats just about it.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bleck, i've got a couple ideas for bounts but it isn't really anything that shinigami can't do already just as well since its all just summons and the fusion thing makes come off kind of bland. To be honest I don't think filler characters are worth it. Maybe the first movie but thats just about it.
    i tried running a patchwork game with this setup, and when we ran into a bount i just finagled the shinigami base until it was bount-ish enough to work. unfortunately, i forgot to adjust its for our level and it was killed in a horrifyingly short amount of time >_>
    Last edited by Tobi_goodboy; 2009-07-27 at 04:17 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

OI! We managed to make the Bount cool over in the BleachitP FFRP universe!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Pixie in the Playground

I do agree with you Dante a separate thread would be nice.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Pixie in the Playground

Ok, so did this die or is there a new thread that I am unfamiliar with?

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

That's actually something i've been wondering as well

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Dwarf in the Playground

likewise...

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm, it would seem that no one has anything new to say here I guess.

15. - Top - End - #1035

I'm still working on the system (I know, still, but I'm getting the finishing touches done on it and some numbers aren't concrete yet.
    On a random note, I know what episode Glitch's avy is from. It's the one where Ikakku does the kendo competition. (It's when Urahara is convincing Renji to go to the school but not saying why.)

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Just kinda happy the whole thing isn't dead

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm still working on the system (I know, still, but I'm getting the finishing touches done on it and some numbers aren't concrete yet.
    On a random note, I know what episode Glitch's avy is from. It's the one where Ikakku does the kendo competition. (It's when Urahara is convincing Renji to go to the school but not saying why.)
    i was more wondering what number the episode, so i could find it.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Pixie in the Playground

Well the Ikkaku kendo match is on episode 133. That much i know.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Dwarf in the Playground

133? gotcha. thanks muchly ^_^

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Halfling in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Why are poison attribute zanpakuto so miserably weak? Where's all the versatility in poisons? Poisons can do everything from damaging ability scores to causing immobilization to paralysis, to slow, to dazing, to confusion, to etc. In other game systems poison can be used to produce a vast different array of status effects in addition to the standard ability damage poisons. Why is none of that represented by this zanpakuto type? And why is the base damage of the main poison ability so pathetic. I mean, 1 with secondary 1d2?! Who in their right mind is going to take that when for the same ability they can do a ranged attack or add a flat 5 points of damage or change their damage type or etc. It's just not balanced at all against the other types for zanpakuto which is regrettably unfortunate. Also, why don't more of the zanpakuto's have basic ranged attacks? A fire zanpakuto can't actually produce a ranged blast of fire? I know this is largely because there is a specific type for ranged but there are numerous examples of shinigami making ranged attacks of a type relevant to their zankaputo without truly being a ranged type zanpakuto. Rukia can freeze things at range with a wave of ice, Ichigo has generic blasts of energy, Hitsugaya attacks people at range with his ice dragon (though I suppose that could be several applications of extended reach). It seems like a ranged blast should be one of the basic abilities available for all of the elementally oriented types.

The base system you have put together is great. There is no contesting that. I just don't see that it accurately represents the range and versatility of abilities we see in the manga and anime yet. I think all of the ability lists still need a lot of filling out (shikai, bankai, hollow, augment/manifestation, etc).

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawJT View Post
    Why are poison attribute zanpakuto so miserably weak? Where's all the versatility in poisons? Poisons can do everything from damaging ability scores to causing immobilization to paralysis, to slow, to dazing, to confusion, to etc. In other game systems poison can be used to produce a vast different array of status effects in addition to the standard ability damage poisons. Why is none of that represented by this zanpakuto type? And why is the base damage of the main poison ability so pathetic. I mean, 1 with secondary 1d2?! Who in their right mind is going to take that when for the same ability they can do a ranged attack or add a flat 5 points of damage or change their damage type or etc. It's just not balanced at all against the other types for zanpakuto which is regrettably unfortunate. Also, why don't more of the zanpakuto's have basic ranged attacks? A fire zanpakuto can't actually produce a ranged blast of fire? I know this is largely because there is a specific type for ranged but there are numerous examples of shinigami making ranged attacks of a type relevant to their zankaputo without truly being a ranged type zanpakuto. Rukia can freeze things at range with a wave of ice, Ichigo has generic blasts of energy, Hitsugaya attacks people at range with his ice dragon (though I suppose that could be several applications of extended reach). It seems like a ranged blast should be one of the basic abilities available for all of the elementally oriented types.

The base system you have put together is great. There is no contesting that. I just don't see that it accurately represents the range and versatility of abilities we see in the manga and anime yet. I think all of the ability lists still need a lot of filling out (shikai, bankai, hollow, augment/manifestation, etc).

I do agree that that the poison type is under powered. You are aware of the fact that you get 2 Zanpakutou types once you attain shikai, from there you can take feats to either reduce yourself to 1 type and highly specialize in it, or you can take other feats to gain more types. Also there are feats that allow for you to make a second, and third, and forth shikai/bankai release if you so wish.

Any other questions on types?

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So, this system is really complex and has had several updates, anyone willing to PM me and help me build a character? Not so much for useage, but more for the story purposes, I LOVE building characters in advanced systems from good series like highlander, certain animes, mechwarrior, so forth. The background and personalities is important.
    Sir Ouranos Helaine, The Silver Wing, Paladin of Bahamut
    By Blood And Honor, We Serve.

23. - Top - End - #1043

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch Override View Post
    I do agree that that the poison type is under powered. You are aware of the fact that you get 2 Zanpakutou types once you attain shikai, from there you can take feats to either reduce yourself to 1 type and highly specialize in it, or you can take other feats to gain more types. Also there are feats that allow for you to make a second, and third, and forth shikai/bankai release if you so wish.

Any other questions on types?
    I didn't see any feats that allow for more than one shikai/bankai release. I know there are attributes which you can stack to have your shikai/bankai alter it's form mid-combat for various different effects or weapon attributes but that's not really the same as truly having more than one shikai/bankai release.

As to arguing multiple types to help balance the weak poison type, what's the point in having poison as one of your types when you pretty much have to spend all your granted abilities (maybe even including a few applications of the improved shikai/bankai feats) to make poison a viable type for your zanpakuto? All I am really saying here is the base damage for the main poison ability should start higher (maybe 1d2, 1d3 to be conservative) and another poison type ability should be added for status effect poisons.

Although, I think all the shikai/bankai ability lists need a little expanding. They just can't keep up with what my imagination pulls from watching the anime.

Again, I still think this system is a phenomenal homebrewe D20 variant system. I just think the variety of abilities is a little too standard or lacking in versatility.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Quote Originally Posted by Ouranos View Post
    So, this system is really complex and has had several updates, anyone willing to PM me and help me build a character? Not so much for useage, but more for the story purposes, I LOVE building characters in advanced systems from good series like highlander, certain animes, mechwarrior, so forth. The background and personalities is important.
    Well, I wouldn't mind helping, but just as a heads up, the kido system that 'Void put in is ok (it's basicly SRD psionics), but isn't quite the same from what we see in the show. Also, the Quincy isn't on par with the other classes on power level, and some of the abilities shouldn't even exist. (Like pseudo-Zanpakuto abilities. They just don't seem to work for me.)

Why are poison attribute zanpakuto so miserably weak? Where's all the versatility in poisons? Poisons can do everything from damaging ability scores to causing immobilization to paralysis, to slow, to dazing, to confusion, to etc. In other game systems poison can be used to produce a vast different array of status effects in addition to the standard ability damage poisons. Why is none of that represented by this zanpakuto type?
    As for this, all I can say is design your own poisons and how they work. Don't be tied down to what has been put into the document as what you must pick; create something new for yourself. I think of the abilities listed as guideline. This goes for anybody and everybody.
    Now if that doesn't settle it there for you, try grabbing the ability you want to make from spells from the D&D books and try taking/scaling the ability when a normal character of that level would be able to.

My previous remark is all that I can give right at the moment. If it helps, sweet, but if not, I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quick question Dante & Virgil. Just how do you plan on handling the whole
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arrancar's Second Resureccion (sp?) thing? And that crazy hollow form crap Ichigo did in the very same fight with Ulup... Uluqui... Bat man?
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1046

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Quick question Dante & Virgil. Just how do you plan on handling the whole
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arrancar's Second Resureccion (sp?) thing? And that crazy hollow form crap Ichigo did in the very same fight with Ulup... Uluqui... Bat man?
    That's something that stumping me still, unfortunately.
    I thought that there will be
    Spoiler
    Show
    different stages for both Vaizards and Arrancar, in terms of power. I don't have the time right now to talk much about it right now, so I'll have to get back to you later.

27. - Top - End - #1047

SolithKnightGuy

Problem is I'm a player, not a DM, so my imagination and creativity doesn't matter if it's not in the current version of the homebrew system. One or two DMs might be ok with custom abilities but most just don't allow them because only one or two players ever think of any to ask for and don't think it's fair to let one person have custom abilities when no one else does.

If I ever run a Bleach game no worries because I'll expand all of the ability lists and soup up poison a little. Of course, I don't know anyone locally interested in that and I am absolutely horrible at trying to run an online game. All it takes is a rapid block of posting and I start putting off my DM replies because I don't have the time to go through a dozen posts and respond and eventually I take too long and lose players. Which is a horrible shame because I have tons of campaign ideas for multiple game systems (D20 modern, D&D, Star Wars, Bleach, Farscape, Wheel of Time, Marvel Classic, Stargate). Some of them are even partially written down and fully fleshed out in my head. One of these days I am going to have to get better at running an online game.

On another note, who is actually behind the Bleach system linked for download here? I've counted at least three people with posts that make it seem like they are the creator. I wouldn't mind submitting some of my suggestions for filling out the ability lists and improving the poison type. Most of my ideas are simple and just involve adding abilities from some types to others or adding certain D&D monster abilities to certain lists (ie things like improved grab, constrict ....... my mind is a little blank right now but you get the idea). Of course, not all of these would be appropriate for all types and more specifically for all zanpakuto forms. Some would only be appropriate for weapons shaped like a whip or chain, some only for sword-like weapons, etc. Huh, I guess my ideas do start to get complicated when I give it some thought.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Dwarf in the Playground

i think it was a team effort.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Pixie in the Playground

Originally it was Void and his group. Then Dante picked it up and is working on his own. I have taken Voids and anothers and adapted both rules sets to each other and am in the process of adapting. If you have stuff you would like to add either here or to others rule sets please post them we all enjoy seeing new stuff.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Pixie in the Playground

since i know how big there internet is. just makeing sure you guys checked this out for ideas.

http://www.clubbleach.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75517