New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1418

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #1291
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach D20

How about a Kenpachi class (or maybe a PrC?) or template?

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Banned

I apologize for dropping off the face of the earth. I am still working on Bleach D20 and have done a lot of revamping including a kidou list which is about halfway done. Tweaked and still tweaking a lot of balance issues. I will post a more complete version in the coming weeks. Sorry once again, I've been out of commission for awhile and I don't peruse GITP very much however if anyone would like to reach me for X question I can be reached on aim at harrell22689

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here's a new Idea for a feat, so you have a longer Bankai.

Compressed Bankai
    Your Bankai ability is not as powerful as other shinigami, but it can be held longer.
    Prerequisite: Must be taken at 12th level, when Bankai is achieved.
    Benefit: You can have your Bankai active for as many rounds as your character level.
    Special: When creating your bankai, you can only count half of your shikai abilities(round down) for the purpose of extra Shikai abilities available while in Bankai.
    Normal: Bankai may be maintained for 2 rounds for each hit die above 11.
    Note: Upon reaching 23rd level, a character without this feat will have a longer bankai than you.

I was thinking of having it be that at 23rd level, the character will lose this feat (and gain the shikai abilities he would have if he had not taken this feat) and could take a different feat that they would have been eligible for at 12th level.

Also; is half of your bankai's shikai abilities not enough to make this feat worthwhile? should it be 3/4 instead?
    Avatar by me. Semd a PM if you want one for yourself.
    My Extended Signature (Includes fancy pictures by me)

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

Yes, I intentionnaly grammar and spelling bad just to argravate you.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

So I've had a ahrd time collecting and absorbing the info from this gigantic thread, I wanted to create a Shinigami, probably around 4th or 5th seat in strength, so was told like level 10-11, and was going to use wind and weapon for his shikai. Is anyone willing to give me a hand with forming it up? I have the "basic" stats already set out, but I think I was using an outdtaed version of the ruleset.
    Sir Ouranos Helaine, The Silver Wing, Paladin of Bahamut
    By Blood And Honor, We Serve.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Dwarf in the Playground

I know this is off topic but I'm working on a 4.0/other system and would love help from the creators of this. if you know a lot about 4.0 let me know
    "Pickles are overpowered." - Jarian

They say that I'm a Monster
    Say that I'm a killer
    But I'm human until proven guilty(guilty)- Deathdarken

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Banned

That's an interesting feat Dire Weasel. Here is an updated version of Bleach D20, i've been working on it for awhile and it should be alot more balanced now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BME4G7BR

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Banned

8. - Top - End - #1298

Hey ultima, I was working on bleach d20, would you be willing to collaborate and put our work on the D&D Wikia? http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Bleac...5e_Sourcebook)

One of the things I have done is made all of the prestige classes templates that are put on top of the original class. Another is explained the "Alive" feat better, along with some other small changes.

Also, when making downloadable files, I prefer PDF files, as they have bookmarks.
    Last edited by Dire Reverend; 2010-08-27 at 11:34 AM.

So, I have a "quote", bold, and italics addiction (parenthesis too), forgive me if I use them too much in posts, or too often in threads.

For games that I play and/or DM, I offer to draw out grids for combat. If you are a DM for a game I play in, just ask via PM and I will do so.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Weasel View Post
    Hey ultima, I was working on bleach d20, would you be willing to collaborate and put our work on the D&D Wikia? http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Bleac....5e_Sourcebook)

One of the things I have done is made all of the prestige classes templates that are put on top of the original class. Another is explained the "Alive" feat better, along with some other small changes.

Also, when making downloadable files, I prefer PDF files, as they have bookmarks.
    Absolutely. The more heads the better.

EDIT: contact me on AIM(harrell22689) so we can discuss and collaborate.
    Last edited by ultima22689; 2010-08-27 at 02:47 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

The materializer class is missing materializer abilities and frankly is very weak
    Augmenters need more abilities, and the Quincy hit die should be a d8 (seeing as though their essentially the rangers)

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Dwarf in the Playground

Its probably a beaten topic by now, but I was browsing through the rules for Shunpo. Ive seen variants where its a skill and I think that works a bit better, but I have my own variant on how Shunpo would work.

All classes get Shunpo as normal except the progression is a bit different. Instead of it being similar to Shadow Jump, I give you the following.

Shunpo (Flash Step)
    The character as a move action can make a Tumble skill check (DC 15). Success allows him to move up to 2 times his check result in a single step. While moving the opponents must succeed on an opposed spot check to detect the user's movement. Your class determines your Shunpo progression. You may choose to use Shunpo as a Swift action but doing so reduces the multiplier by 2. You may also use Shunpo as an immediate action to evade an effect requiring an attack roll or a reflex save. In this case the DC is set as the attack roll or the case of a reflex saving, its saving throw DC plus 10. Your multiplier is reduced by 3.

Warrior Shinigami Shunpo Table
    5th | move up to 3 times your check result
    10th | move up to 4 times your check result
    15th | move up to 5 times your check result
    20th | move up to 6 times your check result

Expert Shinigami Shunpo Table
    4th | move up to 3 times your check result
    8th | move up to 4 times your check result
    12th | move up to 5 times your check result
    16th | move up to 6 times your check result
    20th | move up to 7 times your check result

Spellcaster Shinigami Shunpo Table
    6th | move up to 3 times your check result
    12th | move up to 4 times your check result
    18th | move up to 5 times your check result
    "Conquering others is strength. Conquering yourself is true power."

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Bugbear in the Playground

A question about how the offical rules are working right now... does the Bankai ability 'Strengthening Healing' work with the Blood-based Shikai ability 'Superior Vamperic Strike'?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleach D20
    Strengthening Healing: If your healing kidou or zanpakutou effect would increase a target’s hit points beyond their maximum, they gain temporary hit points equal to ½ the amount the healing exceeds their hit point total by, to a maximum of twice the number of hit points they possess and last for 10 minutes/level.
    'Superior Vamperic Strike' is a zonpakutou effect that would increase my hit points by more than my total hit points. If these two work together, that would just be awesome. If I'm misreading it, I can do without it.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, one more question.

Greater Summon:
    Your zanpakutou may take on the form of a creature either 1 size larger or smaller than normal, gaining all benefits and penalties as normal.

How should i apply it to summon swarm?
    Last edited by Fearan; 2010-09-08 at 12:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

originally posted by LordWolfgang
    A question about how the offical rules are working right now... does the Bankai ability 'Strengthening Healing' work with the Blood-based Shikai ability 'Superior Vamperic Strike'?

Originally Posted by Bleach D20
    Strengthening Healing: If your healing kidou or zanpakutou effect would increase a target’s hit points beyond their maximum, they gain temporary hit points equal to ½ the amount the healing exceeds their hit point total by, to a maximum of twice the number of hit points they possess and last for 10 minutes/level.
    'Superior Vamperic Strike' is a zonpakutou effect that would increase my hit points by more than my total hit points. If these two work together, that would just be awesome. If I'm misreading it, I can do without it.
    I'd assume that would work, because strengthening healing lists zanpaktou abilities are affected by that ability.

Origionally posted by Fearan
    Ok, one more question.

Greater Summon:
    Your zanpakutou may take on the form of a creature either 1 size larger or smaller than normal, gaining all benefits and penalties as normal.

How should i apply it to summon swarm?
    It would increase the swarm's area (large to huge, huge to gargantuan).
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, The Tanar'ri.
    I still need some answers. Should i double the shikai abilities gained from entering the Captain prestige class (btw 5 per type - that's 10 to 15 - wow) for the constructing of a bankai? I think, no, but still it's better to have clarification
    Last edited by Fearan; 2010-09-09 at 07:35 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1306

I would actually say yes.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

So, you just take Multiple-type shikai, go into Captain PrC, and SUDDENLY - 30 more abilities for your bankai on 1st PrC level, right?

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I would think not, because no DM would ever let their players do that...

and they only get 1 shikai ability a level and in no way would that be increased by the multiple type feat.

Multiple type only gives your zanpaktou an extra type.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry to double post but I think the revisions to the optional rule I presented would make the Bleach d20 more...interesting and would better capture the feel the bleach universe.

Parrying An Attack
    Once per round as an immediate action a character can make an opposed attack roll to negate a single ranged or melee attack that would otherwise strike him or an ally within his reach, or if using a ranged weapon within range of the weapon. You make an opposed attack roll that if it is greater than your opponents attack roll, their attack is negated as though it failed to overcome your Armor Class. The character may only declare a Parry before knowing the result of the opposed attack roll.

Whenever a character makes full-attack action you may choose to reserve any number of attacks to make additional parry's in a round equal to the number of attacks reserved. Regardless of how many attacks a character reserves. Even after the initial immediate action is used a character can continue making subsequent parry's at any time during the round. All parry attack rolls are subject to the same bonuses and penalties as a standard ranged attack roll, including the usual penalty to iterative attacks. A character cannot parry if they are caught flat-footed.

New Skill Use

Shunpo (Flash Step)
    The character can as a move action can make a Tumble skill check (DC 15). Success allows him to move up to two times his check result in a single step. While moving the opponents must succeed on an opposed spot check to detect the user's movement. Your class determines your Shunpo progression.

You may combine Shunpo into a full-attack action allowing you to attack and then move inbetween attacks. You make a single Shunpo check which determines the total amount of distance you can cover. You must move a minimum of 5ft between each attack and if you are unable to complete your movement you are unable to complete your full-attack action.

As an immediate action you can use Shunpo to evade an effect requiring an attack roll. In this case the DC is set as the attack roll. Your movement multiplier is reduced by three when using Shunpo in this fashion. Furthermore you may continue to use Shunpo even after the immediate action is expended however each attempt after the first suffers a cumulative -5 penalty to your check during that round.

Against an effect requiring a reflex save you may use Shunpo in the same way as though avoiding an attack, however the DC is equal to the reflex save +10 (minimum 25). Unlike a standard reflex save if you are unable to move out of the area of effect you still suffer full damage as though you had failed to overcome the reflex save.

Warrior Shinigami Shunpo Table
    5th | move up to 3 times your check result
    10th | move up to 4 times your check result
    15th | move up to 5 times your check result
    20th | move up to 6 times your check result

Expert Shinigami Shunpo Table
    4th | move up to 3 times your check result
    8th | move up to 4 times your check result
    12th | move up to 5 times your check result
    16th | move up to 6 times your check result
    20th | move up to 7 times your check result

Spellcaster Shinigami Shunpo Table
    6th | move up to 3 times your check result
    12th | move up to 4 times your check result
    18th | move up to 5 times your check result

Reiatsu (Spiritual Pressure)
    Special: Similar to Shunpo you may as an immediate action make a Reiatsu check to reduce any attack or effect that would deal hit point damage. In this case the DC is set as the attack roll or saving throw DC +10 (minimum 25). If successful the attack you gain Energy Resistance (All) X and DR X/-, where X is equal to your one-half your check result. Furthermore you may continue to use Reiatsu even after the immediate action is expended however each attempt after the first suffers a cumulative -2 penalty to your check during that round.

A character may switch interchangeably from using Shunpo to Reiatsu during a turn, though regardless of whichever you use, they both count as an attempt which incurs their respective cumulative penalty on whichever attack. However you may only choose to use one or the another, not both against an effect.

Note: The reason for the changes was because I noticed how...easy it was to deal damage in bleach. Most characters will be able to deal anywhere from 50-100 points of damage per attack in Shikai and easily more with Bankai. With no real defenses available, I figure these kinds of things would level the playing field so to speak and mechanically give players that feeling playing in the bleach universe. Dashing forward in the blink of an eye, crossing swords with your enemy, you strike he flash steps away, you give chase, engaging in a flurry of strikes, then break away unleashing your powerful attacks. He catches it with his barehand throwing it off to the side and the battle continues.

Any thoughts? Questions or concerns? Id really appreciate some feedback on this one.

20. - Top - End - #1310

I have to say that I like what you have developed here, Void. But I have a few clarifying questions, to see how you have invisioned the use of these new skills.

Will the Furious Blade Bankai ability count toward the 'Parry An Attack' action as to reserved attacks used to parry with? If so, how? Would one have to use the ability on their turn, then keep from using X number of attacks in order to make X number of parry attempts in the time between turns? Can one simply delay their turn or hold an action to parry? This seems like a more effective option, as I can parry as many attacks as possible while still attacking with however many are left over. Can one withhold attacks to parry a parry attempt? Lets say Soul Reaper A wins the Initiative, so he delays his action. Soul Reaper B attacks, but holds two attacks in reserve for parry attempts. Soul Reaper A, now taking his delayed action, parrys the remaining attacks by Soul Reaper B. But could Soul Reaper B, having withheld two of his attacks, parry the parry? ...you can see how this gets kinda complicated.

As for the Shunpo and Reiatsu skills, they seem fine. I just don't know if Shunpo or Reiatsu should be used to block attacks or to avoid damage. With the general Shakai abilities "Skillfull" and "Ability Increase", it would be a fairly simple matter to make any Shinigami a master of defense. I personally believe that the Barrier and Oppression types have this particular niche filled.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll start by answering each question.

Will the Furious Blade Bankai ability count toward the 'Parry An Attack' action as to reserved attacks used to parry with?
    Answer: Yes

If so, how? Would one have to use the ability on their turn, then keep from using X number of attacks in order to make X number of parry attempts in the time between turns?
    Answer: From my understanding Furious Blade literally doubles the amount of attacks you make, by taking two full-attack actions. So if you really wanted to, you could reserve one whole rounds worth of attacks for parry's and then spend the next full-attack action using your attacks. The opportunity cost is, well you just gave up a full-attack action.

Can one simply delay their turn or hold an action to parry?.
    Answer: As I said above, you can simple declare a full-attack action and reserve all your attacks for parry attempts. But I believe you would prefer not to use your immediate action in this case. In regards to that, I would say...yes you can hold your action, so as long as you declare beforehand that you're doing so to parry.

Hmm I include of how Combat Expertise would be affected. In that case the dodge bonus would be added to your Parry attempts. So if you wanted to, even if you didnt have a high attack bonus, by use of Combat Expertise, you could still be a highly defensive fighter.

Can one withhold attacks to parry a parry attempt? Lets say Soul Reaper A wins the Initiative, so he delays his action. Soul Reaper B attacks, but holds two attacks in reserve for parry attempts. Soul Reaper A, now taking his delayed action, parrys the remaining attacks by Soul Reaper B. But could Soul Reaper B, having withheld two of his attacks, parry the parry? ...you can see how this gets kinda complicated.
    Answer: This is kind of redundant. Lets say both shinigami have four attacks. B begins his attacks, and A begins to parry. Now. Be can choose to waste his Immediate action for the round to parry the parry, in essence giving up his ability to parry attacks directed at him (which is the whole point of the parry). Think of it this way, the action economy of doing so isnt worth it, not even if you have more attacks than your opponent.

Because you lose the opportunity to parry THEIR attacks directed at you. In this case A manages to parry all of B's attacks. So basically nothing happened. I should include that Special Attacks cannot be parried. This way opponents must use other tactics other than brute force to gain an advantage.

Actually I should also urge DM's to adopt Pathfinder's special attack mechanics. Very simple and there's not a lot of math involved. Basically you have a Combat Maneuver Bonus (which determines how skilled you are making special attacks and is equal to Base Attack Bonus + Strength OR Dexterity modifier) and a Combat Defense (which determines how hard it is for you to be the target of such special attacks which is equal to 10 + Base Attack Bonus + Strength modifier + Dexterity modifier + size modifier [size modifiers were changed it goes +1 for large, +2 huge, +3 gargantuan, and +4 colossal]).

Its different from an attack so it cant be parried, and it allows high level warriors to literally break through solid steel walls with a bull rush or something similar. And it makes sense that a 20th level fighter with no magical items and no improved grapple could out grapple a 1st level monk with improved grapple.

As for the Shunpo and Reiatsu skills, they seem fine. I just don't know if Shunpo or Reiatsu should be used to block attacks or to avoid damage. With the general Shakai abilities "Skillfull" and "Ability Increase", it would be a fairly simple matter to make any Shinigami a master of defense. I personally believe that the Barrier and Oppression types have this particular niche filled.
    Answer: This is just one topic in which we have different opinions. As it is I believe the system is too focused on offense, and there is little to no defensive capabilities. Not only that given how extensive Shunpo was used in the series its damn near impossible to replicate its effects unless you give up half a dozen feats to do it. And even then its usable only 3-4 times a day and you're out of Shunpo.

That and the general lack of mobility afforded to characters makes us even easier to kill, give how easy it is to gain attacks and abilities that grant us dozens of attacks dishing out damage in the several of hundreds.

For example at our level its possible if you wanted by taking the Captain class with that Perfect Shikai which gives you FIVE extra Shikai's for each TYPE YOU HAVE, and taking the feat Multiple Type Zanpakutou to gain Fire/Ice/Wind/Sonic/Acid/Electricty thats 3d10+3d8+3d6+6d6+3d10 per attack. Add in a few abilities to gain increased number of attacks and you can see the damage output. Average of +70 per hit. You would be dead in 3 three hits. And thats not including str bonus, or Zanpakutou damage. Which would make that around 80 damage which would take out any of our characters in two hits. What defense do we have? Besides..killing them before they get to us? Oh wait its projectile. Or an AoE. Oppression = useless. Oppression doesnt defend you, if they're not close enough to be within range of its effects. The projectile line is 100ft in length. They have to be in close range to do it. Unfortunately its all too easy to change that.

I can deal 50+ damage per hit, at a decent range, not only that, each hit is dealing 2 points of con damage, etc. What defense do you have? None. And even in the event we have a Shinigami who spec'ed out for defense, he wouldnt have much for offense.

Its a give an take, but hopefully these things can balance the playing field. Right now you can make a damage output character, and probably put down anyone you meet, because you know for a fact that you're going to hit with your attacks. You can count on that. Being able to Parry, use Shunpo or Reiatsu however to defend against your attacks......hmm now you're not so sure. Now someone can literally keep their distance from you, and not die. Combat becomes more tactical, because no longer will we have abilities that just hit all the time. This was my reasoning behind the modifications to Shunpo and Reiatsu.

22. - Top - End - #1312

I love the Parry system you have come up with, it's beautiful. I just had to ask the obvious questions to make sure you took such things into concideration. It kinda reminds me of the BESM system (an anime rpg), where you could counter attacks with your unused extra attacks. I had a swordfighter in a gun based game blocking bullets all day because of slow reloading time and far too many attacks with two blades. Fun times.

And now that I've taken your thoughts into concideration, the Shunpo and Reiatsu skills seem alright as well. I'm more convinced that Reiatsu should be implimented rather than the Shunpo. With feats and proper selection of Shikai abilities, one can get a high enough base land speed (which would translate to fly speed once they take flight) and a good enough Shunpo to run circles around slower foes. Whereas the Oppression type appears to be useless unless you can get a foe within range. I suppose this would be easy enough to do with a high speed character, but it would still be interesing to see characters blocking attacks with their spirtual pressure.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Dwarf in the Playground

I kinda felt that I had been a bit too harsh for Reiatsu. I probably should have given them Energy Resistance (all) X and DR X/- where X is equal to your check result.

Hmm or perhaps...being able to combine to Parry with Reiatsu to defend against an attack...nah...that might be....TOO much or is it? Well I haven't had to the time or the game's to actually test it out, so a lot of this stuff is still in the developmental stage. But thanks for the input, I appreciate it. There are always things to consider and its good when people ask these kinds of questions.

24. - Top - End - #1314

You are quite welcome, and I think you're doing a great job so far. If you'd like to test things out we could make a thread for you and me to go nuts on eachother with our characters from the game we are both in. Or we could just test some generic NPCs.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm...well I suppose that could work. Its always good to test it out via combat (where its going to be used).

A challenge against nameless NPCs, a powerful enemy and another PC would be good as an experiment.

26. - Top - End - #1316

I agree, testing against different situations is the best way to make sure it works or not. And with how I think of different ways to make things stack, I'm a great 'can it be min/maxed' tester.

27. - Top - End - #1317

I saw how much you guys were talking about stuff so I had to get a look. I like the stuff I see, with parrying and reiatsu, and I love your shunpo as a skill. Nice stuff all together.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Dwarf in the Playground

Much appreciated. Although the Parrying mechanic has its roots in the Deflect Attacks described in the Avatar d20 hub. I just adapted it, with the Wall of Blades maneuver from Tome of Battle.

As for Shunpo? Well...that came from my constant struggle to finding a true variation of Shunpo while playing a lot of Naruto d20.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Banned

Woah, all this activity. I need to pay more attention to this thread. I'll take a look at all this stuff later but once thing I saw was the Captain PRC, you don't get 5 for every type, it's 5 per type you have, wording failure on my part.

I am still working on this, taking a break from it to focus on real life at the moment however here is an updated version of the one i'm working on. The awakened human classes still need to be redone so don't worry about them unless folks have an idea as to how to make them viable, I'd like to hear some ideas. Anywho, here it is.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H434Z1PO

30. - Top - End - #1320

What's everyone's opinion of a feat that lets a character with the sealed feat to have ONE zanpakuto ability (Such as Weapon's Change form, or the General's Change the source). It can only be taken once, giving a sealed character one Shikai ability. If they take the unleashed feat later, the feat acts like the extra shikai feat.