New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 9: I dream and the forums tremble.

Oh wow.

Wow wow wow.

Scarlet purifier => Neat. Good stats already, with more 3/4s 4/3s are gonna be better.
    The ability is.. neat. Even if it hits only one enemy, you're still getting a mini fire elemental, which is really good.

Lil'exorcist... Hm. it basically spells ANTIZOO. One buff makes it good, two or more make it absurd. Especially against annoying decks that start off with double Leper Gnome or something. Still, it's bad with no buffs, unlike Scarlet Purifier.

Both these cards, anyways, are definitely solid and will definitely see some play (and be at least average in Arena)

Feign death.
    Oh, my.
    It's basically an aoe Reincarnate that doesn't heal(and doesn't make your Charger attack again). If you have enough Deathrattles, you're getting crazy value.
    It's still a combo card, which brings its own problems (dead card if you have no board, need activators, etc), and you need to have enough powerful deathrattles to make use of it.

This card would be extremely fun... if it weren't a Hunter card. Sadly hunter decks don't really pack enough deathrattle effects worth a damn (aside from Highmane). Maybe a class with more mirange/control focus would make better use of it.
    Still, really really fun card :D
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

One card no one has talked about is called Fel Heart. A scaled up Demonfire. 5 mana 5 daage or +5/+5 to a demon. I think it is kind of good. Because I like Demonfire even if it is terrible. But it is very fun to play it on a onedrop.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Source? Link?
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

So I made a OTK Warrior deck

Spoiler: Decklist
    Show

2 Inner Rage
    2 Execute
    2 Upgrade
    1 Whirlwind
    2 Fiery War Axe
    2 Cleave
    2 Rampage
    1 Slam
    2 Armorsmith
    1 Cruel Taskmaster
    2 Charge
    2 Frothing Berserker
    2 Raging Worgen
    2 Thrallmar Farseer
    1 Arcanite Reaper
    2 Brawl
    1 Gorehowl
    1 Grommash Hellscream

Basically, try to keep some measure of board control and get some armor, soften 'em up, then swing for a ton

I think my record in ten or so games is a 14/7 Thrallmar Farseer. Thrallmar, Charge, Inner Rage, Inner Rage, Rampage, Rampage.

It's really weird to play - not particularly straight forward. Sometimes you have to realize you're not going to keep control, and just hit face to get the turn 6 or 7 combo before you die. Sometimes you don't even need to use charge, and instead should keep total control. It's interesting.

Does alright though. I play mostly Arena, so at my low rank I could probably go up in rank with it
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2014-11-27 at 04:25 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    One card no one has talked about is called Fel Heart. A scaled up Demonfire. 5 mana 5 daage or +5/+5 to a demon. I think it is kind of good. Because I like Demonfire even if it is terrible. But it is very fun to play it on a onedrop.
    Felheart has great art and the effect is actually pretty good. It costs one mana more than Blessing of Kings, yet provides a slightly stronger buff and can act as a slightly weaker and slightly more expensive Fireball (5 damage for 5 mana as opposed to 6 damage for 4 mana). That's the sort of versatility you'd expect from a Druid card, which is great. I'm not sure it'll get used in Zoo that often (there is no dirt cheap Demon minion with charge, as far as I'm aware and a five mana removal is too expensive) but I think Handlocks will love it. It's a strong late game card and the sort of thing that can turn a Voidwalker into a 5/8 very quickly.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Source? Link?
    Here is the source people are using. I've heard it's unconfirmed, but other websites list is as legit. Demonfire isn't that good, and I don't think this will be either.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Link to it on Hearthpwn.

Felheart

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

Scarlet Purifier: pass the vanilla test. I was thinking more about triggering leper gnomes/loot hoarder but Infernally Clay has a great point about the egg. It wins my heart if it says "naughty secrets"

Lil' Exocist: teching deathrattle? If only hearthstone has sideboard.

Feign Death: Suddenly Stagg and Fergen/Highmane/Sylvannas makes a lot of sense with hunters... and suddenly hunters got even more scarier.

I'm actually seeing a trend with more and more powerful cards coming out ala MTG post Urza's set. Soon all the old cards (even powerful commons like yeti ) will become obselete in place of these newer and more powerful cards. Hell back in my days a Savannah Lion (1 white mana, 2/1) was considered powerful. Now in the MTG universe that kinda card is at best a common.
    Last edited by TechnoWarforged; 2014-11-27 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Talking about infractions can get you infractions

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

I had completely forgotten about Feugen and Stalagg. Feigning Death does indeed make them strong picks for a Hunter deck. They're five mana cost minions with decent stats and if one died earlier in the game, turn 8 could easily be the other into Feigning Death. You keep your 4/7 or 7/4 (presumably you'd try to keep the 4/7 around) and gain an 11/11 to boot. On turn 8.

Yikes.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWarforged View Post
    I'm actually seeing a trend with more and more powerful cards coming out ala MTG post Urza's set. Soon all the old cards (even powerful commons like yeti ) will become obselete in place of these newer and more powerful cards. Hell back in my days a Savannah Lion (1 white mana, 2/1) was considered powerful. Now in the MTG universe that kinda card is at best a common.
    I dunno about that. I don't think there's anything in this set that is more powerful than the most powerful before. Can you give an example otherwise?

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWarforged View Post
    that's only broadly true of creatures, most of the most powerful lands, enchantments, artifacts, instants, and sorceries in the card pool are from old sets, and those card types have tended to get weaker as time has passed

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Anyways, my opinion on the warlock card: It's bad.
    5 mana 5 damage is really weak. 5 mana +5/+5 is not weak, but bad in warlock, and not runnable in a competitive deck. (blessing of Kings is good in pally because they always have minions, and even then it's not feasible in constructed)

The choose one? eh. i still think it's not good enough.

Also, no. i don't see power creep yet. none of the presented cards are significantly better than the current ones.
    i don't recall every single card, but frankly i've been dismissing as "ok" most of the reveals.
    And that's good, by the way. As long as blizzard can keep making diverse, viable cards without power creep, it's good. both for the franchise and for the players.
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2014-11-27 at 07:08 PM.
    So yeah. your wrong.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Anyways, my opinion on the warlock card: It's bad.
    5 mana 5 damage is really weak. 5 mana +5/+5 is not weak, but bad in warlock, and not runnable in a competitive deck. (blessing of Kings is good in pally because they always have minions, and even then it's not feasible in constructed)

The choose one? eh. i still think it's not good enough.
    I dunno. Compare to Starfall, obviously. Would you rather have a Consecration, or a better Blessing? I'd pick it over a lot of epics.

14. - Top - End - #464

MindFlayer

Feign Death is crazy strong. Stalagg and Feugen we've discussed.

It would also be a lot of fun with Webspinner. That's potentially 3 free beast cards in your hand for each Webspinner. (Webspinner on board, Feign, Feign, kill the Spinner). Oh, wait. 6 if you've got Rivendare (not that you would).

It's extra draw from Loot Hoarder. It's damage that bypasses taunt from Leper Gnome if you're looking to finish someone off. It's free Hyenas from Highmane. It's hatched Nerubian Eggs, without losing the Egg. It's free Slimes and Golems from Sludge Belchers and ... Golems.

Obviously not all of those make sense in Hunter, but what a fun card!
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Felheart has great art and the effect is actually pretty good. It costs one mana more than Blessing of Kings, yet provides a slightly stronger buff and can act as a slightly weaker and slightly more expensive Fireball (5 damage for 5 mana as opposed to 6 damage for 4 mana). That's the sort of versatility you'd expect from a Druid card, which is great. I'm not sure it'll get used in Zoo that often (there is no dirt cheap Demon minion with charge, as far as I'm aware and a five mana removal is too expensive) but I think Handlocks will love it. It's a strong late game card and the sort of thing that can turn a Voidwalker into a 5/8 very quickly.
    Handlocks wouldn't run that card at all: they don't use demons, and they're already got better removal (Soulfire, Siphon Soul, and even Shadow Bolt would be better if they felt they needed more, being only 1 less damage for 2 less mana). That's a card that will only see play if a new, Demon-based Warlock deck becomes viable.

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    I dunno about that. I don't think there's anything in this set that is more powerful than the most powerful before. Can you give an example otherwise?
    I would generally agree. Piloted Shredder and Piloted Sky Golem might be exceptions, but by and large I don't think any cards we've seen so far are indicative of power creep. There's few that are as bad as weak cards from the original set, but I haven't see anything so far that's going to just outright displace any of the current strong cards due to being simply better. Now, maybe old decks will get phased out if new ones prove better, but that's still up in the air at this point, and that'll be the result of new combinations of cards working out better, not individual cards being more powerful.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Equality > Purifier may be the new Pyro > Equality. That doesn't wipe your side of the board.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

17. - Top - End - #467

Yeah, I can deff see us running another tournament when GvG is released. The question I guess is how long to wait for ppl to collect the cards.
    Check out our O'Reilly Book, "Creating Augmented and Virtual Realities: Theory and Practice for Next-Generation Spatial Computing"
    I contributed Chapter 13: "Virtual Reality Enterprise Training Use Cases"

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe a month or two? And then run another a few months later?

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Equality > Purifier may be the new Pyro > Equality. That doesn't wipe your side of the board.
    I dunno, a lot of the deathrattle stuff has pretty low health already. Purifier's still a great card for paladin control, since it stops some key early aggro cards in Hunter especially, but I think Equality + Pyro/Consecrate will still be the go-to when you absolutely have to kill everything your opponent has.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2014-11-28 at 12:51 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by r2d2go View Post
    I dunno. Compare to Starfall, obviously. Would you rather have a Consecration, or a better Blessing? I'd pick it over a lot of epics.
    Starfall is not used in constructed because it costs too much, in fact.

And yeah, I'd rather have Consecration than a Blessing of Kings.

@feign death is so good awesome does so much stuff. Yeah. I'm not that optimistic.
    It will be similar to Reincarnate. People will surely try it, and maybe it will indeed fit in decks, but it's not like every Hunter will start running Stalagg, Cairne or others just because it exists.
    So yeah. your wrong.

21. - Top - End - #471

MindFlayer

@feign death is so good awesome does so much stuff. Yeah. I'm not that optimistic.
    It will be similar to Reincarnate. People will surely try it, and maybe it will indeed fit in decks, but it's not like every Hunter will start running Stalagg, Cairne or others just because it exists.
    Every hunter, schmevery hunter. :p I just think it looks like a really fun card that will enable me to play stupid gimmick decks, which is all I really enjoy in Hearthstone any more. It's certainly not an I Win button, but that's good.

I'm going to dread people dropping Lil' Exorcist.
    Apparently, I'm a Neutral Good Human Wizard (4th Level): Strength 13; Dexterity 14; Constitution 12; Intelligence 17; Wisdom 16; Charisma 13. I'm down with that.

My Paper Master build: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72568

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Will your shamans crackle some heads?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2014-11-28 at 07:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Oooooooooooooh, shiny.

Easy pick over Lava Burst. Will probably include in most Constructed decks, pretty awesome in arena too.

I already know ill be so mad at this card for all the low rolls, but whatever. Happy to see this :D
    So yeah. your wrong.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Hot damn, that's a nice card. Good solid removal, extra damage to face if needed.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

It averages 4.5 damage. It's comparable to Eviscerate, but with overload 1 and no need to combo. A fine card.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Troll in the Playground

2x lightning bolt
    2x Earth Shock
    2x Rock biter
    2x Crackle
    2x Flametongue
    2x 3/2 Windfury guy
    2x Haunted Creeper
    1x Thalnos
    2X Lava Burst
    2x Hex
    2x Feral Spirit
    2x Lightning Storm
    2x 5/4 Windfury guy
    2x Doom Hammer
    2X azure drake.
    1x Ragnaros

Holy cow.
    Shaman burst deck. Can easily win without ever attacking with a minion.

Sttategy: get spell damage, shoot your opponent, win. If your Windfury guys happen to stay alive for a turn, win earlier.

More seriously, your spells can either be used to keep the Windfury dudes alive, or be saved for when you roll spell totem (&possibly your spell damage minions) for massive bursts.

I hate double Doom Hammer, but here it's pretty vital to win in a few matchups (ctrl Warrior, mainly)

Creeper is one of the cards I had to think about, but it's probably the best fit. Gives you something to do early game, is resilient and combos with Flametongue.

Could remove Rag and get Al'akir, but I feel Al akir is not really needed here (as there will be PLENTY of occasions to play Rock biter) and without that combo I prefer Rag.

Currently thinking about what to remove to fit Fire Elementals. (Or belchers, for that matter)

The mana curve is rather low, but keep Overloads in mind.
    Last edited by Gandariel; 2014-11-28 at 11:10 AM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So I think I got a draft with some potential:
    Spoiler
    Show

Earth Shock
    Lightning Bolt
    Zombie Chow
    Stormforged Axe
    Amani Berserker
    2x Flametongue Totem
    2x Feral Spirit
    Hex
    Lightning Storm
    Dalaran Mage
    Earthen Ring Farseer
    Flesheating Ghoul
    Mana Tide Totem
    Razorfen Hunter
    Dragonling Mechanic
    Gnomish Inventor
    Oasis Snapjaw
    2x Silvermoon Guardian
    Gurubashi Berserker
    Boulderfist Ogre
    4x Fire Elemental
    War Golem
    Al'Akir the Windlord
    Gruul

Blunt Analysis: Crap early game, phenomenal late game.
    Better Analysis:
    - Flametongue Totems aren't so great when you have no board presence, so they are weakened by not having a good early game.
    - No good four drops (following on the heels of a poor early game really hurts.)
    - Multimple enrage types without the ability to enrage them myself.
    - No rockbiters to synergize with Al'Akir.
    - Very little card draw is balanced by overload.
    - Gruul is fun!
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2014-11-28 at 11:24 AM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

You have an absurdly good lategame. Like, WOW.

The only problem i see (aside from the early game, which is just baaaarely enough) is that you have quite a few subpar minions: Dalaran Mage, Razorfen Hunter, Gurubashi Berseker, Dragonling Mechanic, Silvermoon Guardian, Snapjaw, Flesheating ghoul.

It's definitely a good draft, but you're probably gonna lose because of strokes of low quality draws.
    So yeah. your wrong.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It's definitely a good draft, but you're probably gonna lose because of strokes of low quality draws.
    Yeah, I almost lost my first game to a druid that Innervated out an Ironfur Grizzly and followed it up with a Lightwarden and a Nerubar Weblord. Doesn't sound scary, but I just didn't have a good way of dealing with them and the Weblord prevented me from playing a couple Fire Elementals.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

2x lightning bolt
    2x Earth Shock
    2x Rock biter
    2x Crackle
    2x Flametongue
    2x 3/2 Windfury guy
    2x Haunted Creeper
    1x Thalnos
    2X Lava Burst
    2x Hex
    2x Feral Spirit
    2x Lightning Storm
    2x 5/4 Windfury guy
    2x Doom Hammer
    2X azure drake.
    1x Ragnaros

Holy cow.
    Shaman burst deck. Can easily win without ever attacking with a minion.

Sttategy: get spell damage, shoot your opponent, win. If your Windfury guys happen to stay alive for a turn, win earlier.

More seriously, your spells can either be used to keep the Windfury dudes alive, or be saved for when you roll spell totem (&possibly your spell damage minions) for massive bursts.

I hate double Doom Hammer, but here it's pretty vital to win in a few matchups (ctrl Warrior, mainly)

Creeper is one of the cards I had to think about, but it's probably the best fit. Gives you something to do early game, is resilient and combos with Flametongue.

Could remove Rag and get Al'akir, but I feel Al akir is not really needed here (as there will be PLENTY of occasions to play Rock biter) and without that combo I prefer Rag.

Currently thinking about what to remove to fit Fire Elementals. (Or belchers, for that matter)

The mana curve is rather low, but keep Overloads in mind.
    Hmmm, needs more draw. Possibly loot hoarders for extra draw (don't combo nicely with the flame tongue but you need to be able to draw). With the large number of low cost spells maybe a gadgetzan auctioneer or two in there instead, doesn't add to the burst but it keeps you from emptying your hand too quickly.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show