New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,477 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 9: I dream and the forums tremble.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRocks View Post
    Sorry to bring things back to Fel Reaver, but man people aren't careful enough when they play that thing. If they'd been paying attention at all, they'd know I had spare parts. I burned 12 cards from their hand and froze it with a spare part so I could burn some more the next turn. They managed to use a rewinder to get it off the board, but by that point they had 2 cards to my, like, 15 and then they played it again and lost their very last card... I guess its one good thing is that it doesn't draw you any more cards once you're in fatigue, but still.

Losing 3 cards, you can maybe say 'oh, how many matches go into fatigue anyway?', but almost half your deck is way too much. Use Fel Reaver with caution, kids!
    I have only been able to play him in the arena so far but it is quite nice when the opponent lets him live for multiple turns just to let you burn cards, I don't care how much you burn when I am hitting you for 8+ every turn:p

Oh and For next tread, I am the playground INCARNATE!

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

If we're talking minion cries, what about "Chugga Chugga Chugga!" from Snowchugger?

As for Fel Reaver, its value depends on your ability to do two things:

1. Act as if your deck is basically filled with blank cards so discarding them doesn't matter to you;
    2. Hit your opponent in the face with Fel Reaver for the full eight damage, each and every turn;

If you can do both these things, Fel Reaver is a great card. Otherwise, it's quite the liability - Fel Reaver is, after all, no use to you at all if your opponent can stop it hitting them in the face.
    Last edited by Infernally Clay; 2014-12-22 at 11:32 AM.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Huh. So apparently, if you KT a noble sacrifice back to life, his attack line is, "Haha! I live!"

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    If we're talking minion cries, what about "Chugga Chugga Chugga!" from Snowchugger?

As for Fel Reaver, its value depends on your ability to do two things:

1. Act as if your deck is basically filled with blank cards so discarding them doesn't matter to you;
    2. Hit your opponent in the face with Fel Reaver for the full eight damage, each and every turn;

If you can do both these things, Fel Reaver is a great card. Otherwise, it's quite the liability - Fel Reaver is, after all, no use to you at all if your opponent can stop it hitting them in the face.
    Very true, I used him in hunter arena and if I got in one day or two hits I could usually finish them of with hero power and other minions that go ignored because of fel reaver. In constructed it might work well with zoo, since at turn 5 most of your cards are interchangeable, sure it might hurt to lose Doomguard but that is about it...

In a combo/late game deck I don't think I would ever want to use him tho... Could be fun but probably not to good in a ramp Druid, turn 2 8/8 go!:p
    Last edited by Hippie_Viking; 2014-12-22 at 12:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

So far, I have yet to see Fel Reaver work for anyone. I've never played it myself, and when someone plays it against me I invariably mill nearly their entire deck and then destroy their Reaver, leaving them with nothing but tears.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Huh. So apparently, if you KT a noble sacrifice back to life, his attack line is, "Haha! I live!"
    It does that any time he survives an attack, although it's rare for that to happen unless you have some way to buff the card as soon as it's played - like with Sword of Justice or a Stormwind Champion - and your opponent is only using a one attack minion. If you can pull it off, though, it's really strong. Several times in the past I've actually managed to make that card trade 2-for-1.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

New thread is up.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis