New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Oh brother where art thou? (IC)

"Sorry to say I haven't seen such a thing traveler," the dwarf responds as he prepares your drink. He continues, "You might try asking Fuld, he's the closest thing we've got to a guard and he tends to keep track of who comes and goes. He ought to be in here sooner or later."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Than you kind sir, I'll seek him out when he comes in" as I drink I'll look around the pub, making sure to look if anyone is staring at me, and when new people come in.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You get a few odd looks but none more than you are used to given your heritage. A bard sings plays his lute while singing a ballad that tells the story of a great tomb of kings that has been lost to monsters. After a little while a half orc walks in and is greeted by the dwarf, "Ah good day Fuld." "And to you," returns the half orc. They exchange a few more pleasantries and the barkeep lets Fuld know that you're looking for him. He comes and sits across the table from you.

4. - Top - End - #34

PaladinGuy

"Well met Fuld, your friend was telling me that you are the person to ask about people coming threw the town. I was wondering if you have seen someone of my race about two months ago come threw here. He had a cresent shaped birthmark on his neck, but I'm sure you would remember a wyvaran anyway."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

He takes a moment and thinks. "Perhaps I do remember such a thing, yes I remember a few months ago a wyvaran rode through town. I didn't get a good enough look at them to say for sure for they are who you describe because he didn't stop when he came through." He says after taking a drink. "Why what's it to you?"
    Last edited by sporkbeard; 2014-11-20 at 10:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

PaladinGuy

"I need to track him down. I know he is heading to the wasting winds but that all I know, but at least I know he came through here."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"Wasting wind?" He says surprised, "Whoever you're looking for is a fool if he plans on braving those. Men who come back from those are never the same."

8. - Top - End - #38

PaladinGuy

"He must have a reason, and if he is heading there, so am I. Do you have any information about that place that would help me? I'll be leaving tomorrow in that direction."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

"Best advice I can give you is don't," Fuld says grimly.

10. - Top - End - #40

PaladinGuy

"Seems to me like that's advice I can't take, but I will keep it in mind when I get closer." He calls out to the bartender "two on me, for your friend and I"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The both of you sit together and drink for a while and the rest of the night is uneventful unless you want to do something.

12. - Top - End - #42

PaladinGuy

Before the end of the night I'll take a walk threw town looking for anything suspicious going on.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Near the end of the evening you take a quick walk around the village but don't notice anything out of the ordinary. The next day dawns and you and McKinney are prepared to leave unless you want ot do something in the morning.

14. - Top - End - #44

PaladinGuy

"Well let's cover some ground"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

After a few hours of riding you see an upturned wagon about 300 feet down the road. Its content are spilled across the ground.

16. - Top - End - #46

PaladinGuy

"You might want to stay back, I'll investigate this. It could be bandits." (1d20+7)[22] stealth to sneak up and see if what happened and if anyone is still around.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You cautiously approach the wagon, staying just inside the treeline. You examine the scene, the wagon is toppled over on one side, blood stains the drivers bench and a short bow lays on the ground. Bolts of fabric are stewed about the ground there boxes shattered from the fall. The horses that pulled the wagon are no where to be found. You see across the road, opposite of the way the wagon is flipped, a log hangs from ropes in the tree.

18. - Top - End - #48

PaladinGuy

I'll go closer to the wagon and search for any clues to what happened to the bodys. And examine the wagon to see if it was hit by the swinging tree. I'll also look for anything valuable. I will also cast "detect magic"
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2014-11-22 at 03:07 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You check the wagon and it is clear that the tree trunk slammed into it. Looking at the wagon itself you see that the drivers seat has been loosened and you see like glinting off of something. You pry it open and find a small pile of gold (73) gp. Searching the area further you can see drag marks leading south off of the road.

20. - Top - End - #50

PaladinGuy

I'll head back to the old man "it would seem there was a trap set, the wagon was hit hard by a swinging tree trap, there are drag marks heading into the wood, I'm going to follow them, you may continue on your way if you want. I don't know how long this will take."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

McKinney puts his hand on your shoulder and says, "Be careful friend, I've never seen anything like this in my travels of these lands. I will wait for you in Farhaven friend." With that he begins to ride down the road.

22. - Top - End - #52

PaladinGuy

"I will, and I hope to see you there soon." I'll bring Queck to the side in the forest and tie him to a tree where he can hide, then I'll follow the tracks (1d20+7)[13] stealth

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

After following the very obvious trail for a few minutes you come across a clearing in the woods. You see a man in a dark robe looking over a map, next to him are four skeletons. At the feet of two of these skeletons is a bloody mess of flesh and organs. Two of the skeletons are armed with maces and shields, the other two are unarmed.

24. - Top - End - #54

PaladinGuy

I'll take out my greatsword and get as close as I can before jumping up in the air and doing a flying charge at the group, and using my justice judgment. "You shall not walk away from this"
    (1d20+6)[26] charge attack

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The black robed figure looks up in shock as your sword comes down on him. Your eyes lock for a split second and you see the life fade from them as he falls to the ground. The skeletons that now stand in a rough V in front of you, two to your left and two to your right.

Roll initiative

26. - Top - End - #56

PaladinGuy

I ready my blade for the next attack. (1d20+5)[16] initiative

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

New Skeleton 1: 18
    Drackstin: 16
    Armed skeleton 1: 13
    Armed Skeleton 2: 12
    New Skeleton 2: 10

One of the unarmed skeletons steps up and swings his claw like hands at you but they both strike your armor and glance off.

28. - Top - End - #58

PaladinGuy

Taking the momentum of the glancing hit, I line myself up with one of the armored skeletons, I'll charge my greatsword with the destructive power of my god and make my swing.

Spoiler: My attack
    Show
    using my domain power to add +1 to damage (1d20+4)[20] to hit, (2d6+5)[13] damage if hits.
    Last edited by Drackstin; 2014-11-23 at 06:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Your sword cracks into the rib cage of the skeleton and you shatter it to pieces.
    The other armed skeleton steps up to you and swings wildly with it's mace. You easily side step but one of the unarmed skeletons finds a chink in your defense and claws at you for 4 points of damage. The other unarmed skeleton attempts to hit you but fails.
    Your turn

30. - Top - End - #60

PaladinGuy

The pain from his wound makes him push harder, he gains his composure and attacks the unarmed skeleton that just hit him.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    (1d20+4)[5] attack (2d6+4)[9] damage