New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Recommend me something

I need more webcomics to read. I'm not looking for a particular genre, because I can pretty much enjoy anything. But there are certain requirements.

Also, if you want a base, Girl Genius and Bittersweet Candy Bowl were awesome webcomics. But both dropped quality: Girl Genius has got tiresome and boring since the Mechanicsburg Arc, and BCB got messed up because of 'December'. I also like Vattu but it's not as good as what GG and BCB were.

Requirements:

-No focus on comedy.
    -Has to have a storyline(none of those daily random stuff).
    -No ugly or weird character design.
    -No black-and-white.
    -No short webcomics or something very recent (that doesn't have enough content to judge its quality).
    -If it's complete, better.
    -No NSFW.

EDIT: Besides the ones I mentioned, I've only been reading Kiwi Blitz. Nothing else.
    Last edited by starlessn1ght; 2016-01-24 at 07:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Recommend me something

Might be helpful to list what you already read.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Hmm, your requirements (especially the "no focus on comedy" one) disqualify most of the ones I read, but you might be interested in Gaia. A Miracle of Science is excellent and completed.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2016-01-24 at 06:15 PM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Give Snow by Night a shot. I also vaguely remember Phoenix Requiem being decent, but that was a while ago. If you like political thrillers and ghosts, there's always A Girl and Her Fed, though the art started out awful and I'm not sure where the early art updating project is at and it has a few borderline NSFW moments. Bad Machinery might also work; while it has humor in it and a bit of an odd style it has no more of either than Girl Genius.

From that whole list though, Snow by Night is the best contender. If you try just one of them, try it.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gunnerkrigg Court. No question.