New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Dragon Mango; Come for the humor, stay for the evolving art and storyline.

http://www.dragon-mango.com/

Since i noticed this comic did not have a thread, then decided to throw out a notice for this great but relatively unknown comic.
    Its a nice mix of high/epic fantasy, drawing partly from popular JRPG's like FF to add minor jokes or easter eggs.

The jokes are really funny from the start, and the storyline swiftly starts to evolve and twist in intriguing ways.
    All in art, this is something that i would recomend everyone with the time to spare, giving at least a try.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Mango; Come for the humor, stay for the evolving art and storyline.

So many words... agh! >_<
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Mango; Come for the humor, stay for the evolving art and storyline.

Many... words..?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

I used to read this when it showed up on the other webcomic list, but lately it hasn't, sometimes they stop showing comics as updating even though they still are.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Many... words..?
    One of the first pages is almost a complete wall of text. Page 7 particularly, but there are a lot of words before that.
    Last edited by halfeye; 2016-04-25 at 06:50 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

And it doesn't seem to get better either. I got to chapter 4, page 11 before I gave up. So much needless bla bla.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    And it doesn't seem to get better either. I got to chapter 4, page 11 before I gave up. So much needless bla bla.
    Gotten a lot farther than that...

The comic does suffer from drawing a narration, rather than narrating a drawing.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm not sure I would say the comic is too wordy, not in this forum at least.
    Sure, sometimes the narrator talks a bit too much, but it isn't that bad. The important thing is that the story is entertaining.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")