New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwanzakkah 2014

[Candy Cane Clash]

"Have at you, you feeble-limbed scoundrel!" Wenomir shouts as he strikes the beginning blow of the duel. He aims a chop at Malice's shoulder, but alters the direction mid-swing to jab at his ribs instead.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanksmas Mayhem - Shroom

With the hippo stuck on the ground Tovpir sure can take his time. His tail with the Sting slings at the young elf girl. Right then she notice Tovpir.

"Oh father, when did you arrive?" she asks.
    "A while ago, but we better get you somewhere save." Tovpir replies as his tail got tighter around the girl who doesn't mind it. He lifts her up and turns away from the shroom.
    "Daddy, I got a present for you from Santas helper." she says.
    "Not now!" Tovpir replies. The anger can be heared in his voice and the girl keeps quiet.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Thanksmas Mayhem

Since Malice is busy with Wenomir, Mirth turns to face Felandria.

"Felandria Claus? That's the name you're going with?" Mirth pulls out her weapon, er, wreath? Yes, that's a wreath she just pulled out of her pocket, and don't ask how it fit in there. I can't think of any way she could possibly use it as a weapon. It has pine needles rather than holly, so it's not very spiky, and though it's large enough to display on a door, it's not really large enough to act as a lasso, particularly on a giantess. Mirth seems to think it's a weapon though, and is brandishing it as if it were dangerous. "You should use Felicity as your superhero name. Oooh! Then we could team up! Felicity and Mirth! It'd be perfect!"
    A hero wouldn't go around scaring children.

So I think I'll pass.

She then reaches to grab the wreath and pull Mirth up to eye level.

So cut it out or I'll dangle you above everyone's heads like mistletoe.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Thanksmas Mayhem

"Don't worry, parents!"
    Mirth calls down. "I have a PG hem on this skirt! It won't show any fanservice!" And indeed, there are tasteful shadows under her skirt's hem. If anyone were to happen to look that way by accident. I'm sure no one would be so gauche as to be gawking in a deliberate upskirt direction.

"Wait... there were scared children?"
    Mirth looks dumbfounded at this. She's pretty sure that there wasn't so much as a single frightened child in the entire thread!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

In a mini-continuity separate from the "fight", a plot clone of Sophie is now sitting on the Santa throne. Nicholas is perched on the back of the chair, wearing a pair of plush antlers and a glowy nose.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

[Thanksmas Mayhem]

Mikani decides that in order to cover her embarassment, and to make sure no robo-hippos will be further problems, Yule the robo-hippo is getting improvised magical-energy-blade brain surgery.

Repeatedly.

Stab stab stabbity stab stab stab!

[Meanwhile, later]

Jamie is first in line for Sophe Claus, still riding a high from the adrenaline for the fight.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

[Meanwhile, later]

It's entirely possible Jamie might recognize Sophie under her fake beard and a pillow stuffed under her coat. Her combination of blue eyes and dark skin stands out. But then, maybe not. Thanksmas magic.

"And what do you want from Santa, young lady?" Sophie Claus asks.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

[Later]

Jamie might well know who's affected by the magic under that old top hatbeard, but if so, she isn't gonna say.

"I want peace and quiet for my mom for a couple of weeks at least," she starts, sighing gently...and then smiling. "And a princess' dress."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Candy Cane Clash]

"Have at you, you feeble-limbed scoundrel!" Wenomir shouts as he strikes the beginning blow of the duel. He aims a chop at Malice's shoulder, but alters the direction mid-swing to jab at his ribs instead.
    "No. I'll duel you with the candy canes, but I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Malice raises an arm to parry the blow, but a combination of that kid's wind magic and Wenomir's feint leads to him flubbing the parry completely, and getting pushed back by a blow to the ribs. Ouch. Does that mean he's 'out' now, or does he keep going? In lieu of an answer, he deliberately drops to his knees, and stares up at Wenomir with feigned fury, still holding up his weapon, but too 'wounded' to stand up and fight on his feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

Thanksmas Mayhem

"Don't worry, parents!"
    Mirth calls down. "I have a PG hem on this skirt! It won't show any fanservice!" And indeed, there are tasteful shadows under her skirt's hem. If anyone were to happen to look that way by accident. I'm sure no one would be so gauche as to be gawking in a deliberate upskirt direction.

"Wait... there were scared children?"
    Mirth looks dumbfounded at this. She's pretty sure that there wasn't so much as a single frightened child in the entire thread!
    And what do you call trying to steal the presents and ruining Thanksmas?

Wacky shenanigans?

Didja ever think maybe instead of stealing, just being nice and asking Santa or one a his helpers for something?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Later]

Jamie might well know who's affected by the magic under that old top hatbeard, but if so, she isn't gonna say.

"I want peace and quiet for my mom for a couple of weeks at least," she starts, sighing gently...and then smiling. "And a princess' dress."
    "I'm not sure about peace and quiet, but a dress shouldn't be too hard," Santa Sophie says, as she reaches into the bag. She produces a green dress. She then reaches there again, and this time what she's holding afterwards is a meditation mat.

"This should help your mother relax and center herself. It's magical, so it'll block out all unwanted noises and thoughts while she's using it."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Thansmas Duel

As the candy cane strikes Malice, there's a soft, shimmering light.
    Roll Result 6: Everyone within ten feet of the candy cane gains a pair of ethereal angel wings for ten minutes. They can't carry much besides the person's weight, and thankfully will provide each person with a feather-fall spell if they are in mid-air when the wings fade
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

[Thansmas Duel]

Wenomir performs a showy somersault backwards, spreading his wings to glide back to the ground, before waiting for Malice's next move, candy cane raised overhead.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Pixie in the Playground

Kenji looks thoughtful, and makes the small wind effect stop.

You know... for such a villainous sounding speech, he really hasn't done anything all that scary.

And he spends some time contemplating whether he ought to get Malice a present to apologize for overreacting.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    And what do you call trying to steal the presents and ruining Thanksmas?

Wacky shenanigans?

Didja ever think maybe instead of stealing, just being nice and asking Santa or one a his helpers for something?

"Um, we could do that, but that supposes us to be completely different people!"
    Mirth says. "Thanksmas is about being true to yourself! And I'm a supervillain!"

No you're not, Mirth!

I guess I need to know how tall Felandria is at the moment. But I think no matter what the answer, Mirth is too far away to get angel wings.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #256

Obviously the only child that appeared in a post was the fire elf girl, but she wasn't scared at all. She hastn't taken note of the mayham so there is nothing to be afraid off.
    The stone scorpion heads off with the girl. He can't fight with her around and right now the fight is out og his rangewith the wings. Maybe another time he can pay back that he feared about his 'dagther'.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Mirth says. "Thanksmas is about being true to yourself! And I'm a supervillain!"

No you're not, Mirth!

I guess I need to know how tall Felandria is at the moment. But I think no matter what the answer, Mirth is too far away to get angel wings.
    (13' tall.)

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Thanksmas Mayhem

Mirth does not grow wings. She does try to swing on her end of the wreath, possibly to set up some sort of jump, but that won't happen this post.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

You don't really seem that evil, maybe I should give you some time to think about it.

Felandria decides she's going to grow big enough to reach the roof and hang the wreath up, and Mirth with it.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hon?" Lyn calls up to her, frowning a little. "She hasn't hurt anyone, and making her either hang her full weight off her arms or splatter all over the floor is... Not really a heroic thing, or a good one..."

...Moral lessons from you, Lynette? Really? That's... A little hypocritical, don't you think? Maybe she just wants to ensure that she gets treated more nicely, though, who knows. Either way, she still does have a point, even if it's not necessarily the strongest coming from her.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-12-20 at 03:11 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "Hon?" Lyn calls up to her, frowning a little. "She hasn't hurt anyone, and making her either hang her full weight off her arms or splatter all over the floor is... Not really a heroic thing, or a good one..."

...Moral lessons from you, Lynette? Really? That's... A little hypocritical, don't you think? Maybe she just wants to ensure that she gets treated more nicely, though, who knows. Either way, she still does have a point, even if it's not necessarily the strongest coming from her.
    You're right, of course.

I just don't want them making Thanksmas crummy for the kids.

22. - Top - End - #262

Candy Cane Clash

"Angels we have heard on high! Sweetly singing o’er the plain!" Malice announces, using his newfound wings to put some distance between himself and Wenomir. His eyes lock on to Felandria and Mirth, and he starts flapping his way over there, intent on rescuing his sidekick from her unfortunate predicament, even if his wings are hardly qualified to support that much weight. Man, they really should start thinking about their escape plan soon; this situation is only getting worse for them.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Mikani, having finished stabbing the poor robo-hippo to thorough death, notes that both Malice and Myrrth are now occupied, hops behind the hippo's bulk, and reintrigrates into the timestream.

===

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "I'm not sure about peace and quiet, but a dress shouldn't be too hard," Santa Sophie says, as she reaches into the bag. She produces a green dress. She then reaches there again, and this time what she's holding afterwards is a meditation mat.

"This should help your mother relax and center herself. It's magical, so it'll block out all unwanted noises and thoughts while she's using it."
    "Ooooh. Thank you!" Jamie's smile is beaming as she leans up and hugs Santa-Sophie tightly, before hopping off her lap and over in the direction of Natalie and Brinika.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

[Candy Cane Clash]

"I scorn to slay you with sword, so have a candy cane to the face!" Wenomir takes a running leap, and then glides on his wings until they vanish. The glide ends by trying to whack Malice over the head with the cane.

[The Sinister Trio]

Brinika has spent the time waiting for Jamie enthusiastically hovering around. When she sees the druid princes, she bobs up and down.

"What did you get?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

The Sinister Trio

Though Natalie is right-handed. She is also currently looking through her new photo album, at her family.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Thanksmas Mayhem

Mirth is still trying to swing and work out some sort of acrobatic trick when the wreath reveals its secret hidden ability.

Um... it doesn't have one?

It's just an ordinary wreath? Made of twisted up branches and a few baubles!

Rudolf's butt fur! This is hardly a sustainable situation! The wreath, faced with the illogic of its situation, falls apart, and Mirth goes flailing through the air!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #267

Thanksmas Mayhem

Mirth is still trying to swing and work out some sort of acrobatic trick when the wreath reveals its secret hidden ability.

Um... it doesn't have one?

It's just an ordinary wreath? Made of twisted up branches and a few baubles!

Rudolf's butt fur! This is hardly a sustainable situation! The wreath, faced with the illogic of its situation, falls apart, and Mirth goes flailing through the air!
    Sophia regains consciousness by now, and attempts to swiftly act. Using her gear to soar to Mirth's location, Sophia attempts to rescue the Punch Clock Villain by wrapping an arm around her stomach in a one-handed catch, before speedily descending down by a series of acrobatics to slow herself down and maybe make Mirth a bot nauseous. Upon landing, Sophia attempts to handcuff Mirth to a pole.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

28. - Top - End - #268

Thanksmas Madness

"Out of the way!"

Oh jeez, this won't end well. Malice was already trying to do that (rescue Mirth, not arrest her, silly) in my last post. He's momentarily slowed down by another candy cane blow to the back, before he attempts to swing his own candy cane at her, knowing that while he can't match her gear's speed with these new fluffy white wings, he might be able to get her out of the way just long enough to help Mirth before it's too late. After that, he can find out the hard way that his wings aren't designed to support any more weight than they already bear.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-12-22 at 01:37 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Candy Cane Clash

Roll result 4:
    Another point for Wenomir! In celebration of his second small victory, the canes glow again, and bestow upon him a great white beard. It looks very well-groomed. Hopefully it's a look he doesn't mind.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #270

In a corner of the festivities that has no violence, a small group of people arrive. A woman in a red dress pushes a triplet stroller filled with toddlers followed by a teenaged girl wearing a white and pink outfit with a quite frankly absurd amount of ruffles, frills, and lace who is carrying an A.L.I.C.E. pack of baby supplies. The woman, redheaded and blueeyed with an apparent age of mid twenties, bears a fair resemblance to one Toby, Druid, of GLoG.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid