New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The World-Forge: Blood, Flame, Light, and Knowledge.

"You are making this hard on me. I don't want to fight you, but you would force them to go with you. It pains me to do this." The knight raises her blade and assumes her defensive stance. "but I won't let you take them away against their will!"
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Will You Hit a Cripple?

"Then will you be the one to strike me down?" Club says, making his way towards the city, completely ignoring the threat. "You wouldn't hit a cripple. That was be an act as ugly as my visage," the Twisted says with a dry chuckle, striding right past Velia to address the horde gathered by Melisomne's powers.

"Bretheren!" he cries, looking over the gathered horde of Twisted. "The time for you to meet your god has come! We shall form our own nation, our own world! We will embrace our brokenness and become strong! We will be far from the judging gaze of those born beautiful and be mighty and free!"

"And yet, some of our brethren refused to answer the call,"
    Club continues, looking over the horde. "That simply cannot stand! All Twisted must meet their maker, must make him answer for what he did and give us the restitution we deserve! If we do not move as one people, what are we? Go forth! Find the Twisted, both true and those that cast aside their brokenness and bring them here! When all the Twisted within the city are gone, then we shall set sail for the Promised Land!"

The ensuing roar from the crowd was all Club needed to hear.

"Beg them, plead them, drag them from their beds! Every last Twisted must come or we shall surely perish without our creator being held accountable!"

As the mob turned back towards the city, Club leered at Velia, a sour expression across his already hideous face.

"Will you deny them their justice?"
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

The goddess was getting both angry and heartbroken. She turned to the crowd and rotated her blade to where she could strike with the flat of the blade. "I will not kill them, but they must be stopped." She shouted to the crowd. "You will act peacefully and justly or I will be forced to incapacitate you! Your actions are admirable, seeking a better life for others, but you WILL NOT force them so long as I am here to protect them!"
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2014-12-02 at 05:47 PM.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Eldamar View Post
    Mirmulnir coalesces from the ether, resembling a disembodied spirit with only a defined torso and head resembling a dull silver mock of the armor he crafted from the scrapes of titans. The chill follows him, emanating in fact, from him as layers of ice encased him a crystal suit of armor.

"Speak." His voice every bit as cold and distant towards the red haired goddess as you'd, expect, but beneath a smoldering contempt.
    Between Summer and Winter
    "So we both sought you out for same reason, then. If your winter lasts forever, all your birds will die off from starvation as those who they feed upon die out, the land unable to be worked and what food there is running out for all. Even with our deals they would have sustenance. Just as the world cannot withstand an eternal summer, as it would burn through too much of the nutrient of the soil too fast, leaving the world barren. But I would not expect anything for free, Brother Winter."
    There is respect there, but that of family talking. Though she looks around before continuing.
    "Although I do wonder if another's home is the best location to talk about this, seems rather impolite. Ul'e, do you mind us talking here?"

Introductions-Vikings, Truro, Rekimit
    The Phoenix was just cresting the sky as the vikings of the small village of Stoat, guardians of the Beautiful Lands, stood their silent vigil as they watched for the Rekimit, the foul Kirr menace, the foul raiders in the night coming to the homes of their people for that which they did not bother to make themselves. With Winter's presence, they had grown more desperate, or perhaps bold, sometimes raiding in the day now. With that, the guard had been increased to twenty of their strongest, for the giants were, for their faults, strong fighters. As dawn breaks, they breathe out, the tense air gone as they switched out with those who had drawn the morning guard.

That is when the scream came. Fears realized as they realize that the scream is human and young, they run to the source, only to find a stranger running, arms and legs scratched and face bleeding, but still showing the grace Velia granted their people, raven black hair askew as twigs were lodged in it. And in her hands, which when they approached they saw the signs of bindings, was a Kirr knife, large as a shortsword. As she sees salvation, she rushes to them, sword dropped and forgotten as she grabs the arms of the closest, tears in her eyes.
    "Monsters! Monsters fight in the woods!"
    --------------
    It had taken time for them to calm the poor lady down after the ordeal. Her name was Ranja, a fifteen year old daughter of the village of Granul, further south and to the west than Stoat, and last night the Rekimit had fallen upon them for grain and servants. She and her sister, a Twisted named Karaju, had been taken in the night by the six warriors that were normally sent out by the Rekimit, knocked unconscious by harsh hands...
    --------------
    "Ouijal, what use do those weaklings have anyway? They hold no blade, they are too weak to throw a punch. What use do we have of them?"
    For the tenth time, Ouijal sighed, frustrated at how his people didn't think about things sometimes. He regarded Rak, patience almost spent.
    "Do you want to spend your time in the fields growing food Rak? No? None of us do. They can do that. Get it?"
    Rak pauses, doing the math in his head, trying to figure out if that added up right. Rak was not a smart Kirr, not even a little, but he was strong, and that is what mattered in Skarne's eyes sometimes. But as he opens his mouth to object to the things tied to the Grek, barely stirring, howls come from the woods. Warbling and with several pitches, the voices howled unnaturally, and from all about, even waking the two captives. Suddenly, the ranks of trees before the Kirr broke, and shambling...things, misshapen bodies looking like the works of madness, bulbous and tumorous, bones jutting from unnatural angles, some growing vestigial limbs and organs upon the outside, faces lopsided and malevolent as ten befall the Kirr. As the momentary pause from the shock of these things faded, the Kirr roared their own challenge, and charged with blade drawn and tempers flaring. Ouijal was first among his people to meet these things, lumbering gait slowing it compared to the Kirr warrior, allowing him to drive blade deep into the pustule ridden side. The first one coughed loudly and wetly upon Ouijal's back, and as another approached, he tried to draw his knife back, but found it unmoving. The coughing continued as the second slammed into his head with a heavy fist, sending him flying back and causing him to finally have the strength to loosen the blade, which unfortunately goes flying off into the night (though a call from a Grek gives him rough idea where). As he sat back up, he saw the bulbous flesh grow from both ends, pushing together as the wet, terrible coughing continues, sounding more and more like laughter as the two grab his legs, another wrapping things he realizes are spare entrails as they wrap around, and then it goes down to two again, the laughing one laughing its great, wheezing laugh as it pins arms and legs. As Ouijal struggles and wheezes to break the binds of the surprisingly strong beasts, he stares about. Rak had taken two heads, the bodies falling with them, but as the light slowly faded, he saw each of his companions fall, and the unbent slave running into the night screaming. and then, darkness and silence take him.

The Truru laughed and cheered as the hated Rekimit fell, their deaths the first to come, one gave a bellow, drooling face trying to make calming noises to the crying Karaju, who wailed louder. The others came around, after arranging the dead Kirr to feed the trees and beasts. She scurried away when they approached, left by her sister, and shaking as a bone spike reaches towards her, then catching the rope, slowly sawing the rope away from shriveled wrists and lame leg.
    "Truro not hurt you tiny one. Rekimit hurt our father, so Mother birthed us to aid his hunt."
    Large hands lift the young girl up, putting her on shoulders as the dead are shouldered by the brothers and sisters of their kin, heading back to the lands of Malle with one new one in tow.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-12-03 at 03:13 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Melisomne had stood silently beside the not-mortal while the angel of fury chastised him, and threatened to undo all that the Mad-God had just wrought. Finally, now that the not-mortal seemed to have struck a deal with the abomination, she spoke,

"You are the angel of fury that our Father fought with at the beginning! You are the eternal enemy that he has warned us of: bolder than the bleeding warrior, more conniving than the demon goddess. You would dare stand in the way of the divine embrace of the Mad-God? What vile spitefulness compels you to deny the mortal creatures the only happiness they can find? Why must you force them to cling to your foolish perfection? You may say that I am evil, but I have done nothing other than remove the natural impediments that the children faced, their fear and their reluctance were manifestations of disobedience to Somnos. Disobedience is a sin, and you are the creator of that disobedience! You are an abomination, and the children must be freed!"

Melisomne speaks boldy (and with an insane lack of discretion), practically snarling in Velia's face. Her voice is full of righteous conviction, and just a hint of madness. Despite her obvious lack of sanity, she again channels the power of Somnos through herself, and gives the mortal creatures another gift...

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Curse: 2 AP, the Twisted in the city of Velia's Embrace that were near Club and Melisomne (those that were instructed by Club to seek out the other Twisted) are now all linked together, in the sense that if Velia tries to interfere with them (either by trying to free them or by trying to strike them, or Club and Melisomne, down) they will all die (excluding Club and Melisomne, of course).

Curse: 2 AP, the Twisted throughout the world (which is still unnamed, that should be dealt with) are now subject to dreams (or nightmares, depending on you view such things) that show them the comfort and solace of Cragonar. They are not being compelled to go there, but it is enticing and it shows them exactly how to get there and the perils that they will have to overcome (the sea creatures and other assorted impediments).
    Last edited by Synvallius; 2014-12-02 at 09:01 PM.
    Synvallius the Elder
    Inaction is support for the action you did not oppose.
    The rain is my parade.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Mad and Broken

As Melisomne said her words to Velia, Club cannot help but smile.

"What will you do know with all your strength?" the Twisted asks, smirking. "If you break one, you break all. And yet, you won't do it. Because you want to claim to be good. You can stop them all with a single blow, make it so no Twisted ever reach their maker. But, if you do, the whole world will know of your crimes and hypocrisy," Club says, secure in his power. He was like a god, with another like him at his side. Nobody could stand against them.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2014-12-02 at 09:11 PM.

Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Noticing the dark energy being channeled from the being of darkness, Velia intercepted it with her own light energy. Some of the Dark energy remained, but it wasn't as threatening as before. She smiled at the others. "That." Before the dark being could act, Velia swooped in and knocked one of the Twisteds' head with the flat of her blead, knocking them all out. She then turned to the two. "All of darkness shall bow before the light! The beautifull shall purify the ugly! If you dare lay one more harmfull finger on ANY innocent beings, you better hope that I won't know about it, else there will be blood." She leveled her sword at them. "That warning starts now."

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    2+1=3

-2 Bless: Instead of killing them all, if a blow is struck on one of them, they are incapacitated.

(and yes, I know you aren't supposed to completely nullify the curse, thus make it interesting, but I couldn't figure something other than replace kill with KO. Plus I hate dark stories (one of the reasons I hated that last LoC game) and if she didn't catch on, she would have attacked and thus killed them. Then we would have dark and depressing emo knight.
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2014-12-02 at 09:13 PM.
    Deviant Art account

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Upon seeing the circumvention of her (and her master's) will, Melisomne pouts like a thwarted child.

"You can't do that, it's not fair! It's not fair! It's... Not... FAIR!!!" She shrieks and throws herself upon the ground and then just as quickly rockets up into the air, her wailing and howling eventually melding with the wind.

Certainly the sound of His children's tantrums reaches Him even in the farthest corners of the world. Somnos appears before Velia and Club, in all his dark splendor, eyes flashing from black to white as he takes in the situation.

My dear Angel of Fury, what rage so consumes you that you must punish those who merely seek to do good? My beloved daughter, Melisomne, has been driven off in tears and the mortal creatures that she blessed in my name lay now upon the ground as though asleep. Surely, we can come to an agreement that pleases us all?"

True to His maddened nature, Somnos is willing to deal peaceably with the goddess of beauty; but what god knows how long His conciliatory nature will last?
    Synvallius the Elder
    The rain is my parade.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Idle Threats

"The ugly shall be purged?" Club says, a thin smile on his face as the goddess lays out his horde. "Ugliness never leaves. Not really. It can be masked, it can be hidden, but it is never gone. Know this. Today, you made an enemy. One that you will greatly regret making. In time, all mankind will be slaves to the Twisted because of your actions here today."

As Club speaks he watches the ground, watching a small ant cross the difficult terrain. With a taunting grin, he presses the base of the staff upon the insect, lifting the wooden prop up to reveal shattered carapace and a decidedly dead insect.

"Oops," he says, turning his back on Velia and making his way back towards the Grey Ship.

Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

"What rage has consumed me? The rage of love and righteousness. If I had not known about her scheme, I would have killed all of those Twisted and Straightened accidentally. I feel no sorrow causing her anger."

He then looks at Club, but says nothing before returning to look at the Mad-God.
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2014-12-02 at 09:32 PM.
    Deviant Art account

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

As Club walks away, he can't help but grin. If that ant had not been innocent, what was? The Goddess was all bark, no bite.

Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Ethereal Seasons

"The matter of winter is my concern as well, as a great many of my seeds slumber beneath the snow. You are welcome to resolve it upon this grove."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Vis simply pulses in agreement of what Nemia has said. She has nothing to add.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The butchered souls of mortals come to me, but if they do not find rest, what can I give to them? What can I offer to the weary, other than my loving embrace? These sleeping mortal creatures need to be freed from your grip, so that they may venture to where they truly belong. This you cannot deny. I will visit the Twisted mortals in their dreams and show them the world set aside for them, it will then be their decision as to whether or not they want go. I love my children, but I will consent to woo them, and abstain from ravaging them outright."

The Mad-God (who is apparently unaware, or unconcerned, about the fact that his last statement could be construed in so many horribly incestuous ways) stares intently at Velia, His whole being is opaque and shifting, never appearing quite the same.

Meanwhile, up in the clouds...

Melisomne has finally exhausted herself after speeding through the air at an excessively fast clip. Her wings tire and she returns to the ground near where the not-mortal is walking. She begins walking beside him, quiet and contemplative, paying little attention to anything around her.
    Synvallius the Elder
    The rain is my parade.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Great Desert of Umm

Even after the establishment of Bad City, the Goblin race continued to grow, fueled by their insane rate of reproduction and an all consuming lust for power and greed, several new Charters were eventually developed as the needs of Bad City would constantly change, bringing the need to create new professions. Most of the times, the new Charters would be approved by the Five Great Charters, mostly because they would seek new alliances with the new Charters in order to strengthen their positions.

The Union of Seasick Seamen Charter.
    It is known that Goblins share their creator's dislike of anything water related. So fortunately for the, the Great Desert of Umm is surrounded by the Sea of Sick. Therefore it was only a matter of time that the great Sea of Sick would begin calling to brave Goblins. Thus the Goblins of Bad City began building their ships. Many of these ships would sink within the first few minutes of sailing, others would inexplicably catch on fire and explode. The loss of Goblin life was indeed great, yet the Union of Seasick Seamen Charter did not mind the sacrifices made as they are the greatest of pioneers, exploring the Sea of Sick, and even beyond as they sail into the dreaded oceans of water and blood, these Goblins are the greatest of explorers naming new oceans, lands and world after themselves, even if those places already have names. Thus has these Goblins earned the name of the "Scurvy".

The General Consensus of Stirrers Charter. While Ummor provides the Great Desert of Umm with Booze Storms, the Goblins new that they could not overly rely on their unpredictable creator. Therefore there was a great need for the Goblins to be able to provide themselves with enough drink to sustain the high number of Goblins, and the General Consensus of Stirrers Charter was formed. The best brew masters that the world has ever seen, these Goblins seek to create booze out of just about anything imaginable. From more conventional means, such as fermenting mushrooms to create a a powerful but vile Goblin spirit known as "grog", to obscure and even insane methods, such as creating a drink out of Goblin sweat. However many times the Charter's attempts to create booze will often back fire, most of the times it will result in a huge explosion. Other times the drink they develop will be highly toxic or poisonous. However because of the bizarre brewing methods that these Goblins use, sometimes unexpected results may yield a few surprises, such as the rumored case were a Goblin was able to transform iron into gold. Could be just rumors... but it might explain why this Charter is so rich. Regardless, its their involvement with their kegs that earned this charter the nicknames of the "Bungholes."

The Overly Vigorous Cooperation of Burly Lumberjacks Charter.
    As great and weird cacti began inexplicably growing in the desert, while other races may have reacted with caution, the Goblins decided to throw that to the wind. There was profit to be made by harvesting these plants! After all, the Great Desert of Umm was their land and thus they could do as they please with what grew on it. To join this Charter a Goblin needs to be tough. In fact, the selection process is done in a way so that only the toughest Goblin can join... for example a Goblin who eats nails for breakfast without milk would be accepted, although a common tactic is for a hopeful Goblin to begin a bar brawl. With their ability to chop down Cacti and Goblins alike, its no wonder that this Charter were given the nickname of "Chop-Chop."

The Charter Hidden in Black. A Charter created out of a necessity due to the chaotic nature of Goblin society and in politics. When a Goblin disagree with you, yell at it. If yelling doesn't work, try yelling some more. If even more yelling fails to bring in results, bribery usually works. When all fails, or you just can't be bothered to yell in the first place, you simply remove the Goblin. Although Goblin murdering Goblins is quite a common occurrence, and the law enforcing authorities cannot be bothered to investigate yet another murder, there are some who have taken their ability to remain uncaught to professional levels, hence the Charter Hidden in Black. Professional assassins, there isn't anyone that these Goblins will not kill... for a price of course. Whether it is a common case as your mother-in-law or even the Own Head of the Screechers, they will kill any Goblin as long as the price is paid. Naturally, the more powerful a Goblin is, the more likely they will be to bribe the Charter Hidden in Black to act as their bodyguards to protect them from members of their own Charter. Therefore it is not uncommon for these Goblins assassins to end up killing one another. The Charter Hidden in Black believes in stealth and striking the enemy during their most vulnerable moments. As they love to catch their target with their defenses down, its no wonder that the nickname given to these assassins are "Outhouse Ninjas".

The Large Collective of Nasty Charter, is the eventual fate for all the Goblins who are born as Twisted. Ugly even to an ugly race, this Charter is considered a Pariah, and is often marginalized and considered to be nothing more than filth. And as such was their role given upon them by the chaotic society of the Goblins, the Twisted of this race adapted themselves as such, turning themselves into beggars, guinea pigs and professional victims. Indeed, within Bad City, a beggar shall always be a Twisted, and should any other Goblin attempt to muscle in on their turf, the Charter would move in to protect their livelihood... and violently. Should a Goblin ever be required for a scam? A Twisted is your Goblin! As professional victims, they love nothing more than scorn as they feel that it gives them the right to gain benefits, especially from foreign races who will look down at them with pity, therefore making a living with the least amount of work possible. For a price, a Twisted Goblin will even shamelessly use their birth defects in court should someone wish to claim a complaint against an enemy. As the common Goblin is called a "Cucumber" it is then said that the Twisted Goblins are very ugly Cucumbers, hence the origin of this Charter's nickname the "Pickles".

Spoiler
    Show

AP:1 Create Tribe: The Union of Seasick Seamen Charter.
    AP:1 Create Tribe: The General Consensus of Stirrers Charter.
    AP:1 Create Tribe: The Overly Vigorous Cooperation of Burly Lumberjacks Charter.
    AP:1 Create Tribe: The Charter Hidden in Black.

Once Arcran spends the 1AP to create the Tribe:The Large Collective of Nasty Charter as agreed... then:

AP0: Organize City: Expand Bad City into the biggest megalopolis in the world.

"Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Winter, Spring. Summer and Fall.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Between Summer and Winter
    "So we both sought you out for same reason, then. If your winter lasts forever, all your birds will die off from starvation as those who they feed upon die out, the land unable to be worked and what food there is running out for all. Even with our deals they would have sustenance. Just as the world cannot withstand an eternal summer, as it would burn through too much of the nutrient of the soil too fast, leaving the world barren. But I would not expect anything for free, Brother Winter."
    There is respect there, but that of family talking. Though she looks around before continuing.
    "Although I do wonder if another's home is the best location to talk about this, seems rather impolite. Ul'e, do you mind us talking here?"

"You take me at best for a fool and at least an idiot, neither of which I will suffer to be said in my presence. While your Fire Bird is dead and dying, my Stormcrows shall drape Winter's veil across the land and my storms will rage. Let them taste of death and bear their suffering well, for they will be greater for it. Measure a mortal's metal by the number of winter's they have endured, not the turns of some petty moon or flight of a pretty bird. I shall teach them all of perseverance, forethought, and skill." Ice resembling a hood surrounds his head, and a mask of it stretch across where his mouth should be so only silver eyes glare out of a jagged hole. Only his voice is free to portray his most honest of intentions, and his initial outburst dripped with contempt for any perceived insult, though it tapers as he continues.
    Last edited by Eldamar; 2014-12-03 at 03:39 AM.
    Have you seen how many spies he has? I mean, I would bet half the ravens feeding on carrion are actually goblin assassins in disguise. And the other half are ravens he taught to be assassins.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Then apologies for assumptions made, but gods can be rather unknowable. All that had been known until now was that the world froze by your hand. Eyes across the world watch and ears hear, and from them it is apparent that too easily do gods become overzealous in their works and visions for their children, so it is a mistake sometimes made."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

"Do you believe my consort will slumber forever? That his fire will remain so dim and lifeless? Your winter will end, and soon, whether you like it or not. Does it not seem more reasonable to gain somewhat in trade for your benevolent mercy, before that opportunity is taken from you?" Vis does not gainsay the insult. After all, she did think he was a fool, but not for the reasons he suspected. It remained to be seen, however, if he was a stubborn fool as well.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

The Truro in Jisai

The kidnapping crusade of the Truro finds little resistance in the lands of the naga. The lonely creatures that had the forms of naga, but could never truly be called such, saw great joy in joining their brethren. This was a community they could interact with and be a part of without causing pain and being pained in turn. The non-Twisted naga, for their part, saw the mutant hordes as somewhat of a blessing. Whatever these creatures were, they could give a home to the lost eggs that the naga never could.

Into the Woods

Sehomi leaps off of Nemia's back, only to come in behind Ul'e, dancing and leaping upon the the silver streams rising from the forest floor. She eventually comes to a rest with her head pointed towards the ground and her feet towards the sky. "My children do not care for this cold time either. It keeps them from their waters and fields. They can only stay within their chambers so long. Unlike Ul'e's seeds, they cannot simply rest and wait."
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

"On that subject. Many of the young wait for the cold to end, it would be wise to prepare your servants and their rituals, so that the coming bloom does not swallow them before our agreement can bear fruit."

Is that a tree pun. Probably not.

---------------

The Great Desert of Umm

The Overly Vigorous Cooperation of Burly Lumberjacks took their axes to the oasis. There they felled the rim of cacti, releasing the ethereal fog trapped within.

And so the Oasis came to be covered in a bank of mists. And the fertilized soil, drenched in the oil of the plants, came to be covered in something else, a thorny vine stretching from deep within. Another threat to goblin feet.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    6 AP due to rollovers

0 AP: Create Least Species: Tripvine. A plant with barely any leaves that stretches very wide roots across the surface of the desert. Roots covered in hooks and barbs. Do not let it trip you, because it will catch you and bleed you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Truro Trips
    As they spread out, the Truro found odd connection with the strangest, and perhaps weakest, of sorts, the Twisted. Because of their hideous countenances, they had little care for what was deemed beautiful and hideous in other races, for their own disfigurement was as much survival trait as anything. Indeed, it was those who, among the truro, weren't born with seemingly broken bodies that found themselves carrying the brand of the Twisted, ostracized as too likely to die in the labors Truro went about, their bodies completely unable to heal injury. The stillborn tended to be those who were born lacking vital organs, or burnt out into formless blobs as the energy of the Mother flowed too heavily in them, causing blight and tumors to stress the body too much in that period of weakness.
    Among the Twisted taken in, there was a simple truth taught. "Mother Nemia loves and does so unconditionally". They were taught that while life can be harsh, it cared for all who were born from the smallest bug to the very Phoenix above. That pain in life was sign of expectations, that they could overcome all, see ways none other could, be what none of the Straightened would dream. That the Mother, not responsible for their plight but willing to reach to them, hold them, love them when no other would, was watching and hoping they would be greater than any...the flames of desire burned in their hearts. The desire to be family, to be accepted, it burned hard and strong and long. They who had form sacrificed longed for the love they had seen given to sisters and brothers, fathers and mothers. And it reached the Mother.
    ------
    Birth
    As the new meeting took place, another egg emerged from Nemia. One given life from the feelings of hundreds, she turned and fanned it in flames gently, and as it began to crack, Pithos saw the world for the first time...

Spoiler: AP expenditure (3 AP start after rollovers)
    Show

2 AP Bless-Strange Perception. Truro have more in common with Twisted than other races, so the curse that puts others off contact with them doesn't take effect on the Truro concerning Twisted of other races. A Twisted Truro is still shunned, but is far more aesthetically pleasing to other races, losing the effect of the Twisted hatred curse with any other race besides their own.

Welcome, Regalus! Hail Pithos!
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-12-03 at 02:34 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Synvallius View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The butchered souls of mortals come to me, but if they do not find rest, what can I give to them? What can I offer to the weary, other than my loving embrace? These sleeping mortal creatures need to be freed from your grip, so that they may venture to where they truly belong. This you cannot deny. I will visit the Twisted mortals in their dreams and show them the world set aside for them, it will then be their decision as to whether or not they want go. I love my children, but I will consent to woo them, and abstain from ravaging them outright."

The Mad-God (who is apparently unaware, or unconcerned, about the fact that his last statement could be construed in so many horribly incestuous ways) stares intently at Velia, His whole being is opaque and shifting, never appearing quite the same.

Meanwhile, up in the clouds...

Melisomne has finally exhausted herself after speeding through the air at an excessively fast clip. Her wings tire and she returns to the ground near where the not-mortal is walking. She begins walking beside him, quiet and contemplative, paying little attention to anything around her.
    The goddess stared into the Mad-God as she thought about his words. She then replied. "These mortals are unconscious, not dead. If you wish to contact them and give them a choice, go ahead, just know that I desire no trickery."
    Deviant Art account

23. - Top - End - #233
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Pleasure flooded through him. The pleasure of blood slowly dripping down his hand to splatter on the ground, each flow of the red liquid shooting shivers down his spine. The pleasure of seeing his enemies die in front of him. Crushed wind pipes. Torn out hears. Shatterered spines. Broken limbs. Each crunch and splatter sound as the finest symphony in the land. Each note making him surge with passion.

And now this. The absolute ectasy of his weakened self being held by his throat up into the air by a superior foe. The pleasure of his throat being crushed. Surging euphoria as each of his coughs splattered blood upon his faceless opponent. He screamed in pain/pleasure as a fist came into his middle, shattering his rips. He gasped in shock/bliss as his broken body was thrown down onto the ground. He groaned in pure agony/euphoria as he rolled on the ground, unable to get back onto his feet in his condition. Then finally was one moment of absolute terror/ectasy as a foot came down onto his face to stomp the life from him.

A Forest

A black clad god started as he opened his eyes, frowning in confusion. Confusion? No, confusion was not something he should be feeling. Elzak quickly purged the feeling from himself before looking at his surroundings with detached interest.

He was somewhere green. His back was against a tree. None of the plants in the area were poisonous. He didn't sense the presence of anyone or thing, barring minor wild life not worth being concerned with. He had never been here before. The temperature was below average. The weather was cloudy. It would rain in at least two days. The god sat silently as he collected this information, before getting up onto his feet.

He was new. He wasn't sure if this was a new incarnation of his old self or his first moments of existence, but either way he had no memory of anything but blood and violence. Whether this meant he'd partaken in it or whether these brief memories were encoded in his very being he wasn't certain. Either way the best thing to do was act on his instinct and urges. He had no other motivation or purpose at that time, so the only alternative was to simply sit and remain here for all eternity. Not a fruitful line of thought.

What did his instincts, memories, or beings tell him to do? He wanted blood. He wanted pain. But most of all he wanted strength. Weaklings killing each other was a painful, pointless pleasure. True warriors killing each other though? THAT was plasure. Elzak decided that his first course of action must be to find those with potential and increase that potential. Anything else was secondary.

The simplest way to accertain the potential of any would be students would be to create something to test them. Something dangerous would be ideal, but it couldn't be too dangerous. He was seeking clay after all, something easily torn about and broken. Once he had some sculptures he could let loose, but for now simple probes would need to suffice.

Beggining simply, Elzak plucked a flower from the ground before turning his will towards it. The flower darkened and twisted, before the god blew on it to send its seed across the world. Nightshade. A deadly poison. All this safe greenery offended the god. Any who found the potential in that would be worthy of teaching. Some more creations were necessary however. Deciding to create the base first, Elzak soon had a simple black belt held in one hand. Nearby a oafish looking baboon loafed, looking at the god with a curious expression.

These of course wouldn't do at all for a true test of skill. Enforcing his will on the simple animals, the baboon grew and twisted until it was the size of a Kirr. A Kirr... he didn't know what that word meant, but it came unbidden. It must be something that existed in this world. The apes fur became red, and its eyes betrayed blood lust. What was most important however was the apes skill - it would adapt to what it saw. By simple keeping track of his War Apes he could see what the local quality of skill in battle was.

That was the test, but... this world was a little too nice to work out the secrets of nightshade so easily. Perhaps a big hint was in order. Working on his bat, Elzak soon held a rather dangerous looking creature with wings sharp enough to cut. The Night Bat would feast on nightshade and secrete it from its wings to poison its prey. A simple solution, but he had little work with.

This area held little potential for his creatures, so he spread them over the world with a wave of his hand. Banishing them from his presence. Elzak knew he would need to leave this place soon, but he needed to know what direction to go before taking any action. And so he waited.

Spoiler
    Show

0AP x 3 - Create Least Species - Nightshade, Baboon, Bat

1AP - Create Lesser Species (War Apes) - War Apes are giant baboons with red fur and a fiery temperment. Though territorial and dangerous on their own, their true danger is their adaptability. By observing how intelligent races fight, they can incorporate such tatics in their own fighting. War Apes are unintelligent, but can steal wield armor and weapons. They often attack trained warriors just to kill them and take their gear.

1AP - Create Lesser Species (Night Bat) - These bats eat nightshade, then secrete it through their wings. Their wings are as sharp and tough as iron, and can cut through flesh with ease. Though they eat nightshade they derrive no nutrition from it, using it as a means to kill larger prey and devour their flesh. They tend to hunt in swarms.

5/10 AP
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2014-12-03 at 06:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

MONKEY!
    Unfortunately, perhaps for the great war apes, the first to cross the path of one was more clay like than even their creator expected. A truro, lumbering through the woods dragging large stones in its mismatched arms, gave a small cry of pain as the beast set upon it, clawing and biting at it's eyes. Well...two of them, at least...
    Something that few outside the truro ever thought about was if their other appendages had function. Some were born with gibbering, drooling mouths, or external organs to match their redundant internal organs, or limbs small and shrivelled. Sometimes, there were more eyes, milky white and cloudy, but still able to see. Even as the war ape blinded the main pair, a large fist wrapped around a leg and whipped the ape around, slamming through a tree as rock fell, then another, then through the stone that was gathered for the tribe's growing village. Eventually the ape managed to reach back to the wrist, bleeding and bones broken, and bite the wrist hard enough to sever it in a gout of foul smelling ichor, sending it flying to rebound upon another tree. However, instead of howls of pain, the truro, Unjahamat, began leading with the arm, severed bone being pushed up by the strange, foul smelling flesh. Eventually, the truro, least limber of the two, tumbles upon a rock from his assault, but as the war ape tries to push the advantage whips the arm around, cracking it in the skull hard enough to disorient. The momentum changed a final time, Unjahamat manages to catch the beast in the throat, cutting it's throat with its severed wrist. But perhaps this clay is too unmolded...after all, many of its eyes had been lost, a hand was gone, cuts and bites covered him. But it was a promising start at least, as it slowly rose to then tear the pelt from the ape, blood feeding the lands around them.

------
    Meeting

With a nod to Ul'e, Nemia severed sixteen heads, sending them crawling and slithering through the woods and trailing her blood as they formed two copies of herself.

(Our deal will be my next post, Draken)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2014-12-03 at 09:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

As Night Falls Dies

Club sat silently on his ship, thinking through the night. He could not sail back forth to the new Twisted homeland without his kind, for to do so would be to fail on his first task. Neither could he call forth the Twisted from the city by force, as to do so would result in the goddess simply smiting his kind down once more.

And so Club sits, and he waits, thinking of what course of action would be safest.

The dawn sun begins to rise, Club hears a murmuring in the distance. With a moan he pushes himself up with the Shepard's Staff, looking out and squinting against the glare.

What he saw almost took his breath away. Dozens, no, hundreds of Twisted with more than a handful of what he could only assume were Straightened among them making their way towards the Grey Ship, hopeful looks on their faces as they help one another hobble along. Moving far more quickly than was safe for his humble body he rushes down the gangplank, eagerly approaching the horde.

"How?" he says simply, looking at the first Twisted he sees.

"A vision came to us in our sleep," a young Twisted woman says, eyes full of hope. "A land without those that look down upon us, a land without those that are without flaw. A land where our maker lives," she says, eying the ship in wonder.

With a grin, Club moves aside, allowing the first of the Twisted to board the ship, nodding at each in turn as they climb the gangplank, ship growing and twisting to accommodate both the broken bodies climbing it and the greater size.

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    This is where you sneak aboard Goldclaw.

Pickles Are Tastier

Across the land in the Goblin Sea the Pickles felt a strange call, pulling together those considered ugly even by the lofty standards of the goblins. They were the ones begging on the street corners, the ones abandoned by their mothers the second they saw their faces. Still, despite their physical deformities, there was a sort of strange camaraderie between them. While they would never confess the smallest amount of affection for one another, if a goblin hit a Twisted they'd find ten others on top of him in an instant.

Bit by bit the others began to leave the Twisted alone unless they had specific need of their deformity, leaving the Twisted their own sector within the city to ruin as they see fit.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Switching Club from my Servant to a Scion which earns me 1 AP. I also get another for the day, bringing me to 2.

1 AP - Create Tribe: Pickle Goblins (Just like I promised Shmee!)

And yes, the Goblin Sea is a great name for their desert.

Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

A Viking Twisted with quite the number of deformities limps up, walking up the gangplank. She looks down, trying to avoid eye contact. She, unlike the others, was not here to meet the Twisted god, but rather, to see how he did things. Does he treat the Twisted well? Does he allow the Twisted to leave? Did the Twisted come here willingly? She will find answers one way or another, either with subtlety in this form,

or openly as herself, Velia.
    Deviant Art account

27. - Top - End - #237
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

A Forest

It seemed as though he had some promising candiates. Elzak was expressionless as he held an image of raging War Apes in his hand, holding brutal weapons designed to cleave through armies. It seemed some of his apes had found some vicious warriors to imitate... there could be some potential there. Flicking the image, it turned to a bunch of War Apes in the desert, stumbling as though drunk. That... that raised a lot of questions. As he watched, alcohol began to fall from the sky, which his War Apes began to lap up eagerly. That just raised even more questions!

Irritation. Not an emotion he should allow. Purging it, Elzak flicked through the images some more. It seemed a vast swathe of the troupes of apes in certain areas had been all but exterminated... interesting. Zooming in to try and find the source, the god quickly found a thing that could be responsible. Disgusting, savage, impaired. He rather liked the look of them. But they were too strong and too twisted. Starting with the strong wasn't much fun - starting from the weak with potential was far more enjoyable. What's more though one of his arts focused on the mutilated body, these bodies were too twisted for even that art to be workable. In other words these creatures had all but reached their maximum potential already. Any further work would provide diminishing returns.

That did remind him of something though. Flicking his image backwards, he saw a group of apes exhibiting unusual behaviour. They limped, crawled, and often went about the day using only one or none of their arms. He'd assumed they'd lost a fight sometime when he wasn't paying attention. But now that he looked closer, they didn't seem to have any injuries... he supposed in theory if they'd come across a feeble man they might mimic the disability, but for it to be expressed across an entire troupe... it would have to be a large group of the feeble. And weren't there other troupes he'd just considered injured?

Flicking back through his images, Elzak felt a brief moment of surprise before promptly killing the emotion. It seemed as though the troupes that expressed limbing and the like were in a pattern. Almost a straight lines even. As though an entire group of injured and lame had traveled by them. The lines seemed to be leading to the coast. If there were others less twisted than the strong ones who had killed his apes around, they could display the potential he needed.

Turning back to the tree, Elzak stepped into its shadow before promptly reappearing in the shade of a coastal rock. Eliminating his disorientation, he looked around before spying some kind of ship. A ship filled with the lame, the feeble and the forgotten. Were they being banished? It would make sense. They seemed awfully cheerful for that to be the case however. Perhaps it was not a banishment but an exodus he was seeing? If that were the case, then he was very interested in seeing where they were journeying to...

He didn't trust himself to simply get on the ship however. Not only did pretending to be less than he was irk him to no end, but with that many warm bodies on a long voyage... there was a risk he'd kill them all before they made port. Instead he would follow behind at a distance, simple walking across the expanse of the ocean. Waiting to see if this investigation would pay off with the potential that he sought.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Birthday Boy
    An endless mandala danced before him as the Chains of Souls gazed out into the world. Hatred, rivalries, greed, friendship, and so many countless others interwoven in a web of infinitely complexity; a sight of unspeakable wonder and beauty so far beyond his reach, yet from that sea of beauty came forth two cords which clutched at his being. The first a brilliant golden tether flawless, which radiating unquestionable strength; a mother's love for her unborn child, which gave him the strength to struggle against his prison. However it was the second of these that drove him against his prison with a religious zeal.

To his eyes it was as if countless threads bound together into a great chain leading into his very being, it's strength literally pulling him into the world; fore it was no simple tie, after all they did not know him. No, this chain which reeled him into the waking world from within his Mother's womb was far greater than that; it was the hopes and dreams of countless desperate souls coalesced into a single gleaming wish, and as he tore through his cradle he sought to answer its call with every fiber of his being.

After one final push his warm prison finally came undone, leaving him to wince in surprise and discomfort as the cold air bit into his exposed form; yet in drawing his mother's love around him Pithos found the strength to face this alien force, so unlike his mothers womb, for he had a duty to attend to and would not be balked.

Stepping into the cold world the mighty beast took it's first breath, and with it howled into the heavens; utterly oblivious to the gathering amid his single minded drive to answer the prayer that had birthed him. This cry both heralded his birth, and enacted his first miracle as the manifold chains danced at his call; the cry reverberating through the prayer that had birthed him as countless cords rose forth from the great tapestry, intertwining with those of his unknowing petitioners.

His task complete, the mighty beast began to take stock of his surroundings; the creeping forest of living trees, and the dying luminescent being in the heavens which shared a tie with him. This last one took the godling by surprise as he acknowledged who he knew to be his elder brother, and soon he came to realize that a great many ties where closer to him than his unborn spirit had thought. He could sense his mother, his sister, and his uncles as his awareness of himself and the world grew; and with each new individual he sensed nearby and the melodies their desires that played upon their chains, the new god's face fell bit by bit as the severity of the situation made itself clear.

After a moment to contemplate how screwed he was, Pithos turned to face his family and the meeting he'd no doubt interrupted with his birth; if nothing else, the bashful godling at least had the decency to lower his head, and meet the group with apologetic puppy dog eyes.

Truro Trips

And so their prayers were answered.

Each of their number feeling a stirring within their breasts as their hearts quickened; like a string pulled taut and strum, while a kind of nervous energy and expectation filled each one regardless of age. Elder, youth and babe stilling for a moment as they felt a pull towards the land around them; those who could ceased their chores, and step forward, while others seemed to stare into the forest...waiting.

One by one beasts and monsters, both great and small, stepped forth from the wilderness as prey and predator stalked towards them with a strange light within their eyes; it was perhaps due to this very alien sight that the Twisted and crippled managed to stop their brethren from attacking them, recognizing the miracle for what it was.

One by one Twisted and beast met as if drawn to one another, a stirring in their souls recognizing the other like a long lost siblings finally reunited; each beast seemingly complimenting it's partner, and in time showing them capable of guiding and aiding their partner through whatever shortcomings they might have. Their meeting forging a bond between the two beyond the grasp of simple words, as the Twisted recognized them to be more than simple beasts. The spark of understanding lit brightly as their gazes met; while acceptance and the joy of finding them at long last resonated into the hearts of the Twisted, and whispered simple truth.

You are not alone, and you are loved.

Spoiler: AP expenditure
    Show

Create Concept (-1 AP): Soul Bound Companions
    A Soul Bond is a tie forged of sympathy, trust, and strengthened by the bonds two beings share. Such creatures can communicate with their partner's emphatically through this mystical link, may always find one another, and know their state. Moreover, should the companion be nonsapient they may gain rudimentary understanding and sapience to better aid their partner.

As their bond grows the Companion is strengthened as well, usually changing or developing adaptations and abilities which would allow it to better aid their partners. With experience this bond may open the path for other boons such as sharing senses or life, and may have further possibilities to be explored should either partner develop magic of their own.

Blessing (-1 AP): Fulfilling the purpose of his birth, Pithos blesses the Twisted traveling with the Truro who wished him into being; allowing each to find a suitable Soul Bond Companion from among the nonsapient races, and forge a strong bond with them.

AP Remainig: 6
    Last edited by Regalus; 2014-12-03 at 11:33 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Somnos had freed the sleeping ugly mortal creatures from their dreams and then sent them on their way. He was sure that the abomination who had spawned them would care for them until they came to him with open arms, ready to accept his loving embrace wholeheartedly, to have him before all others. Until then, however, the usage of power had left him feeling almost tired, almost...

Perhaps it was time to return to Morphion, just for a while.

Melisomne had accompanied the not-mortal aboard his grey boat and had waited patiently for a time as the other mortal creatures came aboard as well. She had been waiting for some time, sitting on the railing of the ship and staring out to sea, a look of unfathomable emotions spread across her face.

Suddenly, she sat up and rushed over to the not-mortal,

"When will we destroy the children of the demon goddess? Your kin are free now, brother, and you promised that we would confront the demon together."

She spoke in the pleading tones of a child, her blue eyes were wide and almost seemed to be brimming with tears. Her frank disregard for the actual conversation that had taken place is mildly disconcerting, that coupled with her recent actions completes the picture of utter derangement.
    Synvallius the Elder
    The rain is my parade.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

The Ethereal

As Heiphar exits the Ethereal the way he had come in he hears the cry of a great beast. For a second, he pauses, considering going back. Then, with a tired shake of his head, Heiphar walks through the portal. It was not his place to meddle with the affairs of the Ethereal.

And so Heiphar walks across Cragonar, coming to rest on a great crag overlooking the sea. The Twisted watches, and he waits.

A Ship in the Sea

Club sat at the helm of the ship, marveling at how, despite the great number of people within, the ship seemed to travel just as fast as it had on the journey to the mainland. It cut through the waves like a blade through butter, hardly shaking despite the waves that threatened to overwhelm it.

And time passes.

Club looks over the crowd, feeling the familiar presence of Twisted. That is, save for one. She had the guise of his kind but, at her core, she was not the same. Inside she was beautiful, not shriveled and twisted like the rest. Still, it was no matter. Once they were home it would not matter what others could accomplish.

And time passes.

"When all Twisted have returned to their home we can destroy the demon," Club says, head lolling back as he begins to doze off. Sleep wasn't strictly necessary for him but the reprieve it gave his mind was soothing. "Perhaps, should we travel together, we may find her servants as I hunt for the Twisted. What say you to that?" Club asks, not particularly caring about the fate of a race that isn't the Twisted.

And time passes.

Club sits calmly now until shrieks of panic awaken him from his reverie. Twisted looked over the edge of the ship at the great swirling shapes in the sea, some reaching over fifty feet in length. They give the ship a wide berth but occasionally come above the water, eying the Twisted and others aboard with some degree of hunger.

And time passes, but less.

As the beach comes into sight, Club slowly shoves his way to the front of the ship, standing anxiously upon the prow.

"We made it."

Grey Wood, Safe Haven

"They made it..."

As Heiphar sits upon his cliff he looks over the sea, hunting for the boat. When he finally sees it, the Broken One's face threatens to break from smiling. His bones creak as he quickly stands, beginning to make his way back towards lone beach upon Cragonar, falling down twice in his rush to reach the shore.

Home

The Grey Ship nearly plows over Heiphar as it lands, so close to the shore is the Twisted One in anticipation of the homecoming. As the gangplank unfurls from the side of the ship and the Twisted begin to leave the ship, Heiphar is there to greet them personally, starting with Club.

As the Scion of the Broken steps off the ship and catches glimpse of Heiphar, he knows. He knows who saved him from the storm, who made him strong. Who gave him a purpose and who gave him the power to make those that cast him out pay. With tears in his eyes, Club embraces Heiphar.

"Father."

"Son," Heiphar replies, returning the embrace tenfold.

And so they stand side by side, embracing each and every Twisted as they stride off the ship and welcoming them to Cragonar, a place where they may be themselves. That is, until the first Straightened steps of the ship. As Heiphar looks to Club with confusion, the scion answers.

"Blessed by another goddess to have beauty. They did nothing for the gift but accept it."

Heiphar frowns, a bit saddened and a bit more jealous. So his unintentional creation could cast aside their brokenness but he could not?

Still, he embraces them, welcoming Twisted and Straightened alike to the island.

When all are off the boat, Heiphar turns to the crowd, addressing the mass as a whole.

"Welcome to Cragonar, homeland and sanctuary of the Twisted," he states, essentially just stating what he had said as they stepped off the ship. "It is not much now, but it is safe. Nobody will cast you out into the cold here. Nobody will spit on you for your clubbed foot or humped back. We will be united, and we will be strong. In our brokenness, there is strength," Heiphar says, the words flowing from his tongue.

"There are those among us that have cast aside their brokenness in favor of perfection," Heiphar says, quieter this time. [I]"Your reasons are understandable and yet repulsive. Are you so weak in mind and body that you must deny the way you were born and beg for mercy?"[I] he asks, tone accusatory. "Should you overcome adversity, perhaps there will be a place for you. Those that sought a cure, come with me and stand a vigil in the woods. If I deem your cause worthy, you may remain among the Twisted. If not, you must leave."

With that done, Heiphar pulls Club aside as the crowd stands silent before one throws a jeer at a Straightened. And then another. More and more of the Twisted begin to cry out at the Straightened, throwing threats of death if they did not go with their god as well as taunts of cowardice. For once in their broken lives those that were broken outnumbered those that were not. The Twisted would not let such a chance slip away.

"Take this to the woods. Within there is a tree, glowing bright. Go inside, speak 'Ul'e', and repeat exactly what I say," Heiphar tells his loyal scion before whispering a string of words into his ears.. "I must deal with the faithless."

"You, remain here. Watch over the Twisted,"
    Heiphar adds jovially, pulling his mole rat from his pocket and placing it upon a rock overlooking the crowd before standing apart and waiting for the Straightened to gather. At first the flawless beings are slow to gather but, after one is nearly struck in the head by a boulder lobbed by a Twisted, the remainder flock much quicker.

And so Club and Heiphar both set out for the forest, the lone scion making far better speed than his god and mob following him.

Through the Rabbit Hole

Soon enough, Club stood before the portal. Even with his small portion of divinity, Club could feel the wrongness and doom that emanated from the portal. Still, he was given a mission by his god. With a deep breath Club pushes his way through, looking about in wonder at the strange landscape, speechless for a moment.

"Ul'e?" Club murmurs finally, more of a question than a command.

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    I'll just let Goldclaw decide what group to go with before continuing.

Also, new day, 2 AP again.

Show