New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: The World-Forge: Blood, Flame, Light, and Knowledge.

"That is acceptable," says Melisomne, with some disappointment. The second part of what the not-mortal has to say heartens her, however,

"We shall kill many of her wretched demon-spawned children, and they will choke on their own fires. And when she has borne witness to the slaughtering of that which she has created, we will let her join them in her misery. And all shall be united with our dread Father."

She goes from manic frenzy to solemn intonation, and then she quietly sits down and watches the land of Cragonar grow ever closer.

Upon reaching the shores, Melisomne flies up into the air and glides about on the strong winds hitting the island's back, looking over the new land's geography and dreaming of the day when she will be able to fulfill her desires of vengeance. She comes back down and follows along with Heiphar (whom she still does not know to be a god, nor the creator of the Twisted and Club) and the not-mortal into the ominous woods.
    Synvallius the Elder
    Inaction is support for the action you did not oppose.
    The rain is my parade.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Velia got off the boat and looked around. She walked with the Twisted in order to not look suspicious. She took note of the words the god said. So far, so good. It appeared he cared for his people. If only he understood she did as well. When the Straightened were pointed out, she was amongst the few to not jeer. This was not right. Just because you have been mocked your whole life doesn't mean you should mock others. She makes note of their conduct and still tries to blend in with the crowd.
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

[Maw of the Nether]

Club's call does not go unheeded long, before the trees creak and the great one before him opens a hollow at its base, belching ethereal mists into the grove.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Chance

Their god left them. Their messiah left them. Soon the Twisted were left alone to their own devices. At least temporarily. Some spoke among themselves about what might happen to the Straightened. Others wept, for they had a place to belong to. Some simply stood around awkwardly, still not yet accustomed to dealing with other people as equals. But all looked up as they heard a slow, steady sound coming from the top of a high rock out cropping.

Elzak clapped. A slow, steady clap. His hands squelched with blood each time he put them together. He'd had to slaughter a few of the monsters surrounding the place to make sure his blood lust was slated for his pitch. "Well done, well done!" the god congratulated them. "You've managed to create something wonderful here. A kingdom of cripples. A land of the lame. It's beautiful, really. Horribly impractical, but beautiful."

Vaulting off of the rock, the founder of the way landed on the sands of the beach. A red stain of his hand remaining on the rock behind him. "Oh don't get me wrong. I'm sure you people can learn to govern yourselves. Grow your own food. Make your own laws. But that's the easy part. What are you going to do if, I don't know, a bunch of healthy people make it to the island through those monsters I effortlessly slaughtered? What if a particularly healthy... Twisted, wasn't it?... went on a rampage and just started killing people? What are the more feeble among you supposed to do, limp them to death?"

Sighing, Elzak shook his head regretfully. "As beautiful as all this is, you're all one able bodied killer away from being made extinct. All dead, every single one of you. Unless of course you learn how to fight." He held up his hand to stop any protest. "Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you all know how to fight in one way or another. But you're aping the fighting style of those with functioning limbs, strong bodies and no disabilities. You're ALWAYS going to be weaker than those who are whole if you do it that way. But didn't one of you say 'in brokenness there is strength'? Right now, that's just a meaningless platitude. But if one of you will allow me to teach them, I can make it reality."

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Velia Stays

Spoiler: A Stowaway
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGoldclaw View Post
    Velia got off the boat and looked around. She walked with the Twisted in order to not look suspicious. She took note of the words the god said. So far, so good. It appeared he cared for his people. If only he understood she did as well. When the Straightened were pointed out, she was amongst the few to not jeer. This was not right. Just because you have been mocked your whole life doesn't mean you should mock others. She makes note of their conduct and still tries to blend in with the crowd.

When all the Straightened have finally assembled, Heiphar and his lost children set out for the forest, slowly winding deeper and deeper within the mess of trees.

"Do not be afraid," Heiphar says calmly, keeping careful stride, picking out each step with his staff before limping their, avoiding some of the great clusters of roots. "Now, tell me," he inquires as the Straightened walk. "What cost did you pay for your new form? What sacrifice did you make?"

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    So you are remaining with the main group Goldclaw? Just want to be clear.

The Ethereal

Spoiler: Ul'e
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [Maw of the Nether]

Club's call does not go unheeded long, before the trees creak and the great one before him opens a hollow at its base, belching ethereal mists into the grove.

Club swallows nervously as he steps within the tree, looking about the new landscape with some degree of apprehension. It was a place he knew not which, by extension, made it far more terrifying.

"I come on the behalf of the Broken God," Club says, keeping his head low, humble until he has reason not to be. "He bid me to share with you a message and leave the gate to your realm open, if only temporarily. He also asks safe passage for him and those who travel with him until they may see your realm."

In Brokenness, Strength

Spoiler: Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    Chance

Their god left them. Their messiah left them. Soon the Twisted were left alone to their own devices. At least temporarily. Some spoke among themselves about what might happen to the Straightened. Others wept, for they had a place to belong to. Some simply stood around awkwardly, still not yet accustomed to dealing with other people as equals. But all looked up as they heard a slow, steady sound coming from the top of a high rock out cropping.

Elzak clapped. A slow, steady clap. His hands squelched with blood each time he put them together. He'd had to slaughter a few of the monsters surrounding the place to make sure his blood lust was slated for his pitch. "Well done, well done!" the god congratulated them. "You've managed to create something wonderful here. A kingdom of cripples. A land of the lame. It's beautiful, really. Horribly impractical, but beautiful."

Vaulting off of the rock, the founder of the way landed on the sands of the beach. A red stain of his hand remaining on the rock behind him. "Oh don't get me wrong. I'm sure you people can learn to govern yourselves. Grow your own food. Make your own laws. But that's the easy part. What are you going to do if, I don't know, a bunch of healthy people make it to the island through those monsters I effortlessly slaughtered? What if a particularly healthy... Twisted, wasn't it?... went on a rampage and just started killing people? What are the more feeble among you supposed to do, limp them to death?"

Sighing, Elzak shook his head regretfully. "As beautiful as all this is, you're all one able bodied killer away from being made extinct. All dead, every single one of you. Unless of course you learn how to fight." He held up his hand to stop any protest. "Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you all know how to fight in one way or another. But you're aping the fighting style of those with functioning limbs, strong bodies and no disabilities. You're ALWAYS going to be weaker than those who are whole if you do it that way. But didn't one of you say 'in brokenness there is strength'? Right now, that's just a meaningless platitude. But if one of you will allow me to teach them, I can make it reality."

As the bloody god appeared the Twisted instinctively shied away, all save for one. When a Twisted sees somebody perfect, somebody strong, it's instinctive to avoid their line of sight and attempt to be as unnoticeable as possible. And when he claimed to have killed some of the sea monsters around the island, well, that made this a whole different issue entirely.

The one who didn't shy away wasn't because he wasn't afraid or he was courageous enough to risk it. No, he stood forward because he could quite literally not see the threat, blind as he was. Without somebody to guide him he was afraid to move upon the unknown landscape of Cragonar and, as such, stood a good ten feet in front of the other Twisted, alone and vulnerable. He shakes in fear, knowing he is alone and at the mercy of whatever was before him.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ether

No response is given to Club. Only the slithering of vines behind the trees and the shying away of mists, revealing the roots on the carved stone floor.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

It was time. Vis could feel it in her bones. Winter would end, and the Akanren would be less useful than before. It was time to make themselves scarce, that their lack would be felt. But to do so, she would need as the other gods did, a scion, a herald in the world to enact her will. Other gods might choose based on contests of wit or skill or battle, or perhaps pluck one of the weakest from the flock and raise them. For Vis, the decision was much more simple. Her Herald would be the Akanren who was most effective at their existence. Vis watched from the campfires, from the fires that the Akanren pulled to heat the land around them. She watched in their moments of passion and lust, and soon enough she found her Scion.

An Akanren, living among, of course, the Kirr. Soma, she was called, and she had done what few Akanren had accomplished, becoming the sole consort of a chieftain. To him she had borne five children already, three sons and two daughters, all strong and healthy and very much alive, and not a one among them Twisted. Her body was just as fit as the day she reached maturity, and was adorned with Firestone, gifts from her consort, and her power was famous among that tribe. She was unchallengeable. Blood red Firestone glitters across all her clothes, refracting the firelight. Soma was the perfect Akanren. Her mother's daughter.

Vis, at least a part of her, emerges from the fire into the home of Soma and her Kirr Chieftan. Most gods would have chosen to appear before their prospective scion while they were alone, but Vis was not one. After all, Soma's ascension must be something that her consort was aware of, else awkwardness might ensue. Who knew what men, so unreliable, would do when their prize was taken from them. When Vis appears, the Kirr goes for his weapon. He is Chieftan in more than name. He attacks without hesitation. But what hope does a mortal have against a god? His spear runs the goddess through, but instead of gore and blood, the spear bursts into fire, and the Kirr drops it before his hands can be burned. Soma has not moved, she knows her mother. She stills the Kirr with a touch, before he can say or do anything more stupid than he has already done.

Welcome to my home, mother Soma says as greeting. The Kirr looks with awe between the two, knowing now what, and who, this visitor is. Greetings, daughter. I have come for you. It is time for my daughters to take their place in this world. I want you to lead them. Soma, daughter of Vis, you will be the Herald of the Living Flame. You will be imbued with my power, to be a leader among all your sisters. This choice is yours, and must be made freely. Will you serve? Soma thinks for a while. She does not ask her consort. His feelings are meaningless. After some time, "My daughers?" she asks. "The first to join the exodus." Soma nods then, in agreement.

Vis beckons to the Kirr. "Join us in a night of passion and lust and fire, and the fire in your heart will remain strong until you are called to death, never waning with age." To his credit, the Kirr hesitates, if only for a moment, before realizing that one way or another, Soma would be gone come morning. He might as well enjoy this night, and with a goddess nonetheless. And enjoy it he did. Kirrish bards would sing tales about the Cheiftan and the Goddess for as long as there were Kirr upon the world. Vis had experienced better lovers, but he was certainly virile for a mortal. Soma had chosen well. And sometime during the lustful decedence, Soma changed. A part of Vis' essence merged with her own, and she became more. The stories the Kirr tell say that the Cheiftan satisfied the goddess and her servant many times over. Vis allows them their stories. The Chieftan passed out after a few hours, unable to continue, which didn't really bother Vis at all. And by that time, It didn't bother Soma either.

Morning would come soon enough, and when it did, Vis was gone, as were Soma, her daughters, and every other Akanren in the village. It would take some time, but over the next week, every Akanren, Twisted and whole, would dissapear from their homes, never to return. There were stories of raider bands whose corpses were found, burned beyond recognition. But of the Akanren, there was no sign. Only those few on Cragonar remained to prove that the Akanren even existed, and they had to be physically retrained to prevent them from leaving the island.

Spoiler
    Show

(3): Scion - Herald of the Living Flame: Soma, the most powerful and successful Akanren, has been elevated to the Scion of Vis. In doing so, she has drawn all Akanren, Twisted or not, to her side for an unknown as of yet purpose. The only Akanren that remain in the world are the few Twisted on Cragonar. (They'll be back in a few posts)

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Promises-Anjara, Koribal's tribe; Vexit

It had been five days since Koribal had laid with a goddess, and he was beginning to become perturbed. While Kraxus was progressing as a normal child of the Kirr, Anjara had grown in five days in ways that normally took his people five months, standing and walking, even talking if only to him. Both had strange cleverness behind their eyes, and Anjara would occasionally sneak away no matter who was watching her, only to be found at the borders of the town by him and waving to the air, normally at the Sun. And once, just once, he could swear it waved back, which was startling enough on its own. But in those five days, no miracles had occurred, no source of food been found despite long hunts by him and others. He had even come back from one recently, late last night, and given instruction to the guards as he took needed rest. If things didn't change soon...
    "Papa."
    This morning of the sixth day was barely starting, and Koribal opened his eyes, weary as he looked to his daughter, golden scales shimmering in the strange light of her veins. She had gripped one of his massive hands, and was trying to pull him out of bed.
    "Papa, come. Mama has message and gift."
    That got Koribal's attention, as he slowly lumbered up from his sleeping skins, his harem having their own hut. This seemed to meet Nemia...no, his daughter's approval, as she walked carefully over to the weapon rack, taking an almost comically large knife for herself, it's foot long length making it look more like a sword, and struggling to lift a spear thrice her height for Koribal. With a sigh, he looked at her.
    "And why do you take up arms, girl?"
    She simply looks at him, and shakes her head as if he was silly.
    "I'm showing you where the gift is, Papa."
    As he moves over to the weapons stand, she apparently decides to let him take up his own spear, and scampers off, fast. How did one with such short legs go so fast again? By the time he had caught sight of her, she was already heading out of the village and into the snow, like a small glowing beacon, rushing for two hours. No matter how fast he went, she was always far ahead, a new brewing storm slowing him but seeming to not give her pause. Eventually, though, he catches up, the youth having paused, and picks her up worriedly, snow steaming around her as she stopped for more than a moment.
    "Fool youth! Where do you plan to go?"
    With a quick look around, Anjara points to the left.
    "There."
    As the storm whips away for a moment, Koribal can see clearly. The sight alone nearly makes him drop his daughter. In a copse of the strange trees sits a great albino creature, bigger than the village and slowly wheezing, two hundred feet away from them but unable to be seen. It was not long for this world, he could see, age seeming to be its murderer. Anjara squirms out of his hands, and approaches the great beast despite his calls, spear readied. She approaches, and touches its face, its blind eyes going wide for a moment as they focus upon her.
    "It's okay, Sister Nepherti. Your brood have grown strong beneath you, they shall survive and live long. Go with happiness, your life was lived well in Mama's eyes."
    With a great, burbling sigh, the beached Nepherti's life ebbs away in front of them. With a bit of trouble, Anjara walks to one of the tendrils nearest the trees, and gives the corspe a cut. Blood seeps from the wound, and as the tendrils reach, they feed, the Nepherti's blood now their's by deal made between Nemia and Ul'e. Anjara looks to her father again.
    "Mama has made deal with the trees, and makes deal with the Snow. The trees ask for blood of the dead, in hunt and in war, be given to them in exchange for the trees staying away from our homes, and Mama says to cremate the dead to feed that which feeds us, the bloodwheat, and to keep them ever near. She herself lets the trees feed upon her in exchange for us, and gives us one of her eldest children to feed our tribe until Brother's rebirth."
    Koribal stared, mouth agape still, as the trees dran the great corpse before them dry and their roots receded. The meat of this beast would feed his people and the scavengers, the predators of the land still active for a long time, that he knew.

Spoiler: AP Expenditure - 2 after rollover
    Show

2 AP Blessing-Feeding the hungry. Nemia ensures the Kirr of Koribal's tribe shall not go hungry, as well as the animals and creatures that live on the land. Vexit shall live.

Mother's Ministrations

At the birth of Pithos, Nemia felt the ripples that he had sent out and approved, despite the timing of things. As Pithos turns, he is met with the nuzzling faces of wolves and dogs, faces of the catfolk grooming his fur and purring their approval, and is eventually gently picked up and placed upon a head similar to sheep, a soft location for him to grow a bit further as he felt the bond of a Mother's love warm him.
    "You have done good work, Pithos. Meet your sister Vis and uncles Ul'e and Winter, and treat them with what respect they deserve, and they shall do so in turn."
    She continues to groom her youngest, for he had spent more energy than many newborns had, letting him rest until the fatigue of birth passed from him.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Pithos gets all the attention. Vis looks at the newborn god, and sticks out her tongue at him. Even this taunt manages to look sexual to everyone else. Vis can't help it really. "Well, it's been fun. I trust that mother will work something out to end this chill. If you want to come see me later, I'll be waiting."

Vis blows Mirmulnir a kiss, which moves through the air before settling briefly on his ethereal cheek. Somehow, despite not having a corporeal form, a heat flows through him. It is not warm, not really, but it is fire nonetheless.

Vis leaves the Ethereal then. She walks out of the woods, and once again, the trees recoil. They know well enough that to touch her is death. As she leaves the portal in the exact same grove as before, she looks around. Still on Cragonar, but now there were more here. More of these Twisted, and another godling. A group of Twisted walks into the forest some ways down, unseeing, Twisted who Vis can see are still in some ways different, but whose forms have been restored in some small way.

Those unchanged were gathered on the beach, cowering before a bloody god. Somewhere among them was another divine being, but Vis cared too little to search them out. Instead, she sneaks up behind the bloody god and pokes him in the back.

"Poke!"

Naturally, Elzak feels the poke, and because it's Vis, he gets an erection. Rather awkward, but maybe the Twisted think he's getting off on their fear. Who knows if they even associate it with the red-haired woman now standing behind Elzak. And my, wasn't she just perfect. Not like the Straightened. Like imperfection had never touched her. It was impossible, even with all their hatred, not to be attracted to her somewhat. The desire to take, to possess this red haired woman was almost overwhelming, almost enough to overcome the fear. Though not quite.

Now to see how Elzak would handle this new development. Vis did so love new toys.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-12-04 at 03:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250

RedKnightGirl

Red Desire

"A blind one? Excellent. People always seem to think that teaching the blind to see is particularily impressive." Elzak couldn't help but look at the cowering Twisted before him with a touch of dissapointed in his eyes however. "Still, it would be easier to show the true extent of elissolutae zortali if you had a missing limb... at least that's pretty easily fixed." The god couldn't help a ghoust of a smile from appearing on his lips, his bloody fingers twitching with eagerness. "Stick out your arm."

Then suddenly, an attack. No not an attack. He would have sensed it if it were an attack well before it landed. But it was certainly an assault on the senses. Every sensor in his body seemed to scream with pleasure. His head fogged over with desire. His groin burned with need. It was overwhelming enough that it took him several seconds to recognize he'd been emotionally compromised. Quickly killing every sense of passion in his being, Elzak calmed before turning to face his 'attacker'.

Unfortunately even he couldn't keep complete control. He could eliminate any passion that overstepped its bounds, but just being in this goddesses presence sent a constant sense of euphoria through him. He couldn't kill it faster than it appeared. But he could keep it level, and look at her with bridled desire only. Still though, he wanted her. He wanted to force her to the ground. To have her tear at him, rip him to shreds, to wrap her hand around his heart until he screamed with agony, to bash her head on the ground until her brains splattered out, to rip her throat out wit his bare teeth, to...

Oh dear, he was getting a little too excited. His aura of blood lust was all but overriding her aura of desire for the poor Twisted. Some were just cowering, others were writhing on the ground ripping their eyes up. Quickly regaining control (in mind at least, his body still betrayed him), Elzak finally addressed the goddess.

"You certainly know how to make an impression," he greeted her. "I certainly won't forget my first official meeting with a fellow god in this world any time soon. I am Elzak." He should be irked at having her interrupt the begginings of his lessons, but the goddess was more than alluring enough to be forgiven with ease.

Spoiler
    Show

+1AP, 6 or 9 AP/10 (depending on if we start with 7 or 10)

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Elzak. Vis rolls the name around on her tongue, and it comes out breathless, like words whispered to a lover so that no other might hear. I am Vis, and you are very fun to play with. Though they might not agree. Vis motions to some of the Twisted, even now barely recovering. So what will you teach the blind one? Vis wraps her arms around the other god from behind, her body pressing into his. Pain? Pleasure? A hand runs down his chest, leaving a trail of heat. Both?

Vis is not fooled by the act of indifference. One could no more hide lust and passion from her than hide the sun behind a leaf. She whispers into his ear, so soft the Twisted cannot hear, but only wonder. "Naughty boy. But wouldn't that just be so much fun." It is almost a purr. After all, Vis did not need her lovers to hold back, even when they were gods. Blood was just as much a part of lust as any other fluid.

Spoiler
    Show

AP: 5
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-12-04 at 03:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252

RedKnightGirl

Pain

It took every ounce of will in his being not merely grab ahold of her shoulder and rip them out of her body right then and there. This was a bad match for him. Lust for pain and blood was ran deep in him, and she was lust incarnate. If this were a battle, or even if she wanted more from him than just to toy...

"Is there a difference?" Elzak replied, neither embracing the goddess nor pushing her away. Either one right then would likely end up in shedding blood, and he didn't want the Twisted before them to grow so wary of him that they denied him the chance to teach them. Despite not taking action, it was hard to keep the heat form his voice. "If you were to ask him once I'm done he'd likely reply with unimaginable pain. But that's the price for power. To gain something, you must discard something. Discarding something can be painful." The god shrugged unconcerned. The power was worth the pain. Just teaching one Twisted would show the others the truth of that.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Vis lets him go, and the absence of her fire is almost as painful as the fire itself. "Show me." She says, at once a command and a suplicating plea, wholy dominant and wholy submissive.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-12-04 at 04:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

RedKnightGirl

Interlude

Detaching himself from the blazing passion inside of himself, Elzak considered the situation. There was no real rush in teaching the Twisted. They weren't going anywhere after all. And since this goddess wanted him to sate his desires upon her, doing so could mean she'd be an ally later on down the road. The only downside to indulging himself would be if it were a trap, and the minor awkwardness of leaving the Twisted after his introduction. Neither were anything of concern compared with this chance. Of course that was really all justification. Even if there was a good reason to say no, he probably couldn't muster the will to do so.

Stepping back from Vis, the founder of the way looked at her in silence for a brief moment before turning to the assorted Twisted. "I'll be back for my student," he states simply to the half-terrified, half-captivated crowd. Before strolling away, waiting for the goddess to follow. Despite forcing his presence to reflect nothing but calm, he couldn't help his hands from shaking in anticipation.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

[The Ether]

Ul'e briefly looks away, towards a different point of his realm, where Club now walks and whence Heiphar guides a mob of un-twisted. Just a moment before his gaze was elsewhere still, beyond these lands.

And then it's gaze returns to the area upon being introduced.

"I can sense that the deal has been paid. When the snow melts, those who did so will be spared the Overgrowth."
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-12-04 at 04:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: To Arcran
    Show
    Yes, she is in the main group. She is not here for anything about your post, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Between Summer and Winter
    "So we both sought you out for same reason, then. If your winter lasts forever, all your birds will die off from starvation as those who they feed upon die out, the land unable to be worked and what food there is running out for all. Even with our deals they would have sustenance. Just as the world cannot withstand an eternal summer, as it would burn through too much of the nutrient of the soil too fast, leaving the world barren. But I would not expect anything for free, Brother Winter."
    There is respect there, but that of family talking. Though she looks around before continuing.
    "Although I do wonder if another's home is the best location to talk about this, seems rather impolite. Ul'e, do you mind us talking here?"

Introductions-Vikings, Truro, Rekimit
    The Phoenix was just cresting the sky as the vikings of the small village of Stoat, guardians of the Beautiful Lands, stood their silent vigil as they watched for the Rekimit, the foul Kirr menace, the foul raiders in the night coming to the homes of their people for that which they did not bother to make themselves. With Winter's presence, they had grown more desperate, or perhaps bold, sometimes raiding in the day now. With that, the guard had been increased to twenty of their strongest, for the giants were, for their faults, strong fighters. As dawn breaks, they breathe out, the tense air gone as they switched out with those who had drawn the morning guard.

That is when the scream came. Fears realized as they realize that the scream is human and young, they run to the source, only to find a stranger running, arms and legs scratched and face bleeding, but still showing the grace Velia granted their people, raven black hair askew as twigs were lodged in it. And in her hands, which when they approached they saw the signs of bindings, was a Kirr knife, large as a shortsword. As she sees salvation, she rushes to them, sword dropped and forgotten as she grabs the arms of the closest, tears in her eyes.
    "Monsters! Monsters fight in the woods!"
    --------------
    It had taken time for them to calm the poor lady down after the ordeal. Her name was Ranja, a fifteen year old daughter of the village of Granul, further south and to the west than Stoat, and last night the Rekimit had fallen upon them for grain and servants. She and her sister, a Twisted named Karaju, had been taken in the night by the six warriors that were normally sent out by the Rekimit, knocked unconscious by harsh hands...
    --------------
    "Ouijal, what use do those weaklings have anyway? They hold no blade, they are too weak to throw a punch. What use do we have of them?"
    For the tenth time, Ouijal sighed, frustrated at how his people didn't think about things sometimes. He regarded Rak, patience almost spent.
    "Do you want to spend your time in the fields growing food Rak? No? None of us do. They can do that. Get it?"
    Rak pauses, doing the math in his head, trying to figure out if that added up right. Rak was not a smart Kirr, not even a little, but he was strong, and that is what mattered in Skarne's eyes sometimes. But as he opens his mouth to object to the things tied to the Grek, barely stirring, howls come from the woods. Warbling and with several pitches, the voices howled unnaturally, and from all about, even waking the two captives. Suddenly, the ranks of trees before the Kirr broke, and shambling...things, misshapen bodies looking like the works of madness, bulbous and tumorous, bones jutting from unnatural angles, some growing vestigial limbs and organs upon the outside, faces lopsided and malevolent as ten befall the Kirr. As the momentary pause from the shock of these things faded, the Kirr roared their own challenge, and charged with blade drawn and tempers flaring. Ouijal was first among his people to meet these things, lumbering gait slowing it compared to the Kirr warrior, allowing him to drive blade deep into the pustule ridden side. The first one coughed loudly and wetly upon Ouijal's back, and as another approached, he tried to draw his knife back, but found it unmoving. The coughing continued as the second slammed into his head with a heavy fist, sending him flying back and causing him to finally have the strength to loosen the blade, which unfortunately goes flying off into the night (though a call from a Grek gives him rough idea where). As he sat back up, he saw the bulbous flesh grow from both ends, pushing together as the wet, terrible coughing continues, sounding more and more like laughter as the two grab his legs, another wrapping things he realizes are spare entrails as they wrap around, and then it goes down to two again, the laughing one laughing its great, wheezing laugh as it pins arms and legs. As Ouijal struggles and wheezes to break the binds of the surprisingly strong beasts, he stares about. Rak had taken two heads, the bodies falling with them, but as the light slowly faded, he saw each of his companions fall, and the unbent slave running into the night screaming. and then, darkness and silence take him.

The Truru laughed and cheered as the hated Rekimit fell, their deaths the first to come, one gave a bellow, drooling face trying to make calming noises to the crying Karaju, who wailed louder. The others came around, after arranging the dead Kirr to feed the trees and beasts. She scurried away when they approached, left by her sister, and shaking as a bone spike reaches towards her, then catching the rope, slowly sawing the rope away from shriveled wrists and lame leg.
    "Truro not hurt you tiny one. Rekimit hurt our father, so Mother birthed us to aid his hunt."
    Large hands lift the young girl up, putting her on shoulders as the dead are shouldered by the brothers and sisters of their kin, heading back to the lands of Malle with one new one in tow.
    A small search part was sent to look for the missing Vikings. There were three. A female Viking with a bone sword, not at all balanced or properly made, but still looks good, a male Rensali hunter with a couple javelins and thing for "fleshly beauty," and a Hent male diplomat with knowledge of the landscapes and wildlife.

"So, my dear lady, what do you plan to do after we are done here?" asked the Rensali with a voice and motive of seduction.

"Finding the biggest bone to shove up your..." the Viking began to say, but was interrupted by the Hent

"Adale, please don't threaten to damage our dear companion. It would be unwise to break the bond we have on this journey. Besides, if I am correct, a strike on his cheek is the appropriate response for a lady who is harassed."

"It's not that I don't like being admired for my beauty or even attempted to be seduced. I am NOT a lady," she stressed. "and before you get witty, it's really the implication of it. I am not a gentle and elegant servant of a man. Borshin, how much longer?"

"Well, judging on the accounts of others plus the time we have been traveling, we should be there in a hour," the Hent stated, "and Jacoth, if what she said is true, then at best, you might only get as far as intercourse with a woman with that much independance."

"With that much independance, I might not like the way she gives it. And I said, call me 'Jack'" he replied. Adale laughed.

"If you are not a total weakling, maybe I'd go easy."
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Passion and Desire

Spoiler: Keep It PG Kids
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Pithos gets all the attention. Vis looks at the newborn god, and sticks out her tongue at him. Even this taunt manages to look sexual to everyone else. Vis can't help it really. "Well, it's been fun. I trust that mother will work something out to end this chill. If you want to come see me later, I'll be waiting."

Vis blows Mirmulnir a kiss, which moves through the air before settling briefly on his ethereal cheek. Somehow, despite not having a corporeal form, a heat flows through him. It is not warm, not really, but it is fire nonetheless.

Vis leaves the Ethereal then. She walks out of the woods, and once again, the trees recoil. They know well enough that to touch her is death. As she leaves the portal in the exact same grove as before, she looks around. Still on Cragonar, but now there were more here. More of these Twisted, and another godling. A group of Twisted walks into the forest some ways down, unseeing, Twisted who Vis can see are still in some ways different, but whose forms have been restored in some small way.

Those unchanged were gathered on the beach, cowering before a bloody god. Somewhere among them was another divine being, but Vis cared too little to search them out. Instead, she sneaks up behind the bloody god and pokes him in the back.

"Poke!"

Naturally, Elzak feels the poke, and because it's Vis, he gets an erection. Rather awkward, but maybe the Twisted think he's getting off on their fear. Who knows if they even associate it with the red-haired woman now standing behind Elzak. And my, wasn't she just perfect. Not like the Straightened. Like imperfection had never touched her. It was impossible, even with all their hatred, not to be attracted to her somewhat. The desire to take, to possess this red haired woman was almost overwhelming, almost enough to overcome the fear. Though not quite.

Now to see how Elzak would handle this new development. Vis did so love new toys.
    Red Desire

"A blind one? Excellent. People always seem to think that teaching the blind to see is particularily impressive." Elzak couldn't help but look at the cowering Twisted before him with a touch of dissapointed in his eyes however. "Still, it would be easier to show the true extent of elissolutae zortali if you had a missing limb... at least that's pretty easily fixed." The god couldn't help a ghoust of a smile from appearing on his lips, his bloody fingers twitching with eagerness. "Stick out your arm."

Then suddenly, an attack. No not an attack. He would have sensed it if it were an attack well before it landed. But it was certainly an assault on the senses. Every sensor in his body seemed to scream with pleasure. His head fogged over with desire. His groin burned with need. It was overwhelming enough that it took him several seconds to recognize he'd been emotionally compromised. Quickly killing every sense of passion in his being, Elzak calmed before turning to face his 'attacker'.

Unfortunately even he couldn't keep complete control. He could eliminate any passion that overstepped its bounds, but just being in this goddesses presence sent a constant sense of euphoria through him. He couldn't kill it faster than it appeared. But he could keep it level, and look at her with bridled desire only. Still though, he wanted her. He wanted to force her to the ground. To have her tear at him, rip him to shreds, to wrap her hand around his heart until he screamed with agony, to bash her head on the ground until her brains splattered out, to rip her throat out wit his bare teeth, to...

Oh dear, he was getting a little too excited. His aura of blood lust was all but overriding her aura of desire for the poor Twisted. Some were just cowering, others were writhing on the ground ripping their eyes up. Quickly regaining control (in mind at least, his body still betrayed him), Elzak finally addressed the goddess.

"You certainly know how to make an impression," he greeted her. "I certainly won't forget my first official meeting with a fellow god in this world any time soon. I am Elzak." He should be irked at having her interrupt the begginings of his lessons, but the goddess was more than alluring enough to be forgiven with ease.

Spoiler
    Show

+1AP, 6 or 9 AP/10 (depending on if we start with 7 or 10)
    Elzak. Vis rolls the name around on her tongue, and it comes out breathless, like words whispered to a lover so that no other might hear. I am Vis, and you are very fun to play with. Though they might not agree. Vis motions to some of the Twisted, even now barely recovering. So what will you teach the blind one? Vis wraps her arms around the other god from behind, her body pressing into his. Pain? Pleasure? A hand runs down his chest, leaving a trail of heat. Both?

Vis is not fooled by the act of indifference. One could no more hide lust and passion from her than hide the sun behind a leaf. She whispers into his ear, so soft the Twisted cannot hear, but only wonder. "Naughty boy. But wouldn't that just be so much fun." It is almost a purr. After all, Vis did not need her lovers to hold back, even when they were gods. Blood was just as much a part of lust as any other fluid.

Spoiler
    Show

AP: 5
    Pain

It took every ounce of will in his being not merely grab ahold of her shoulder and rip them out of her body right then and there. This was a bad match for him. Lust for pain and blood was ran deep in him, and she was lust incarnate. If this were a battle, or even if she wanted more from him than just to toy...

"Is there a difference?" Elzak replied, neither embracing the goddess nor pushing her away. Either one right then would likely end up in shedding blood, and he didn't want the Twisted before them to grow so wary of him that they denied him the chance to teach them. Despite not taking action, it was hard to keep the heat form his voice. "If you were to ask him once I'm done he'd likely reply with unimaginable pain. But that's the price for power. To gain something, you must discard something. Discarding something can be painful." The god shrugged unconcerned. The power was worth the pain. Just teaching one Twisted would show the others the truth of that.
    Vis lets him go, and the absence of her fire is almost as painful as the fire itself. "Show me." She says, at once a command and a suplicating plea, wholy dominant and wholy submissive.
    Interlude

Detaching himself from the blazing passion inside of himself, Elzak considered the situation. There was no real rush in teaching the Twisted. They weren't going anywhere after all. And since this goddess wanted him to sate his desires upon her, doing so could mean she'd be an ally later on down the road. The only downside to indulging himself would be if it were a trap, and the minor awkwardness of leaving the Twisted after his introduction. Neither were anything of concern compared with this chance. Of course that was really all justification. Even if there was a good reason to say no, he probably couldn't muster the will to do so.

Stepping back from Vis, the founder of the way looked at her in silence for a brief moment before turning to the assorted Twisted. "I'll be back for my student," he states simply to the half-terrified, half-captivated crowd. Before strolling away, waiting for the goddess to follow. Despite forcing his presence to reflect nothing but calm, he couldn't help his hands from shaking in anticipation.

When Elzak commands the blind Twisted to lift up his arm he does exactly as he is commanded, shaking all the while.

As Vis appears and makes the situation infinitely more interesting, most Twisted don't know how to react. Some stand their ground, paralyzed in fear as they watch what, to them, would be one of the most terrifying visages they have seen. A few panic and attempt to flee to the Grey Ship, attempting to climb up steeps sides onto the ship to no avail. Others huddle in crags, simply attempting to escape the sight of the two powerful gods as their wills clashed. Some questioned whether coming to Cragonar was the wisest decision; before they'd only contended with beautiful people, not gods.

Deals with a Devil

Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [The Ether]

Ul'e briefly looks away, towards a different point of his realm, where Club now walks and whence Heiphar guides a mob of un-twisted. Just a moment before his gaze was elsewhere still, beyond these lands.

And then it's gaze returns to the area upon being introduced.

"I can sense that the deal has been paid. When the snow melts, those who did so will be spared the Overgrowth."

Heiphar steps through the portal, urging the Straightened to follow suite. As they step through, one by one, some encouraged by Heiphar and others doing it of their own volition the Twisted One grins. As the final Straightened enters the portal Heiphar follows, standing in front of the gate and blocking the way.

"Welcome to the home of Ul'e, Lord of the Wilds. Earlier I made a pact that he should not harm any Twisted in exchange for some small aid. He is a just god, and able to reasoned with," Heiphar says with the shadow of a smile on his face as Club comes to stand by his side.

"Sadly, you are no longer Twisted. You cast that aside when you accepted the blessings of another. You paid nothing and gained everything. And then, rather than guide all Twisted to a cure you kept it to yourselves, else there would be none touched by me remaining," Heiphar says, standing taller with every word. "While others suffer, you have beauty. While I suffer you are flawless," Heiphar says, rage rising. "You are no longer Twisted, you are no longer broken. You are no longer strong and you are no longer children of mine."

"Still, even if you are not Twisted and traitors to your lot in life, you may serve them and, perhaps, pay a small bit of the sin those that are unbroken owe to our kind," Heiphar says, looking over the small crowd with anticipation before looking to the trees, calling out as loud as his raspy voice allows to nobody in particular.

"Ul'e! I have brought your price for peace," Heiphar says. "Those that will serve you shall come later. Consider this a show of good faith. Their meat is unblemished, unblighted. It should be satisfactory," Heiphar states, turning to step through the portal.

"You deserve this," Club spits, venom dripping off his words as he follows Heiphar through the portal.

And the Straightened were alone.
    Last edited by Arcran; 2014-12-04 at 05:42 PM.

Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Velia had an uneasy feeling as she thought about the worst. What is he meant ill will? I knew I should have disguised myself as a straightened. I am going to have to confront him on this. I should keep my cover though. I should say that I admire the beauty of the heart, which is true. If confronted, I'll have to change form.
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2014-12-04 at 06:00 PM.
    Deviant Art account

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

[The Ether]

Heiphar's departure leaves the band of Straightened alone in the dark grove, surrounded by gnarled back trees and silence. The path they used to arrive is gone.

And then the mist comes. Slithering over the roots from all directions. They huddle closer and away from it, until one is touched.

And hands of fog grasp her face, belonging to a handsome youth made of the mists. He pulls back, and she follows, her flesh falling limp to the ground as the others watch her soul be engulfed in fog. They watch in the final moments as the handsome man becomes a shriveled, faceless thing.

That is when the silence is broken, and the ethereal mist floods the grove full of grasping hands.

The screams don't last. The sound of shifting roots and vines is what follows.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Rollover for 7 AP

5 AP: Create Legendary Race: Ethereals. Also known as the Mistfolk, Ethergaunts or Faceless Ones. Ethereals dwell within the mists of Ul'e's domain. These creatures are insubstantial shapeshifters, who become all but invisible within the fogs of the Ethereal Plane. They have no legs, trailing into fog beneath the waist, their heads have no eyes or noses, although they have hollows for both (nothing for a mouth though) and their torsos and limbs are thin as skin-clad skeletons. They use the mists to drape themselves in the shapes of their victims, although they remain insubstantial things even then.

The Ethereals feed on souls freshly claimed from the living, using these both as sustenance and to reproduce, breaking the stolen soul down into raw materials which are then gestated into a new Ethereal, which grows as a hideous bulge beneath the ribs of its parent.

These nearly-untouchable nightmare beings are the single greatest danger posed by Ul'e's forests short of the predatory god himself.

0 AP!
    Last edited by Draken; 2014-12-05 at 06:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Ha. PG.
    Show
    Interlude

Vis follows the other god. There is a ghost of a smile on her face, a smile that has little to do with happiness and all to do with the success of a plan.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2014-12-04 at 07:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Sibling Rivalry

Even as Vis leaves, she feels wrapped in a woolen blanket and the hug of a parent knowing their child has grown strong and tall, able to run and choose of their own. A bit sad, but mostly proud, and, as always, loving. As well as a small whisper.
    "Never doubt your place, dear Vis. You are loved as greatly as all others."
    She has many heads, each watching her children grow, and struggle, and prosper or fail, after all. Her attention is always upon her children.

After her departure, she turns to Ul'e, Sehomi, and Mirmulnir, Pithos still at rest upon her.
    "I believe the guests Ul'e expects should herald our departure. Ul'e, a pleasure to meet you, Sehomi, Lord Winter, shall we talk and walk?"
    -------
    Early Contact-Vikings

As time passes, the Vikings finally find the scene of the fight. Blood and foul smelling black ichor litter the ground, small roots growing towards the puddles, among bruise colored flesh and teeth and horns of Kirr, as dead grek and Kirr set beneath the trees, branches broken and some trunks shattered by blows. Pieces of them are torn away, and even now do roots of the unnatural trees grow into them, feeding on their flesh and blood. Each has been ransacked, their goods taken. However, there was no sign of the twisted, or the bodies of their foes among them. However, eight footprints, big as Kirr but notably mismatched, no two that match making sense in terms of size, retreat to the south. Two things were dragged behind them, judging by the odd ichor that even now the roots reached for staining the ground, two of their own felled. Judging by the drag marks, they were massive brutes, no less. But why would they take the Twisted?
    -------
    Karaju shivered in the clutches of the giant, pondering that exact same question. Her hair was ratty and lifeless, her body and face gaunt, one of her legs bent in ways that were frankly wrong, and her arms were spindly, what strength they could have lost to the withering tough that plagued many twisted. However, compared to her...captors? Saviors? She was practically Blessed by Vella compared to them, these Truro. But more than from their presence, she shivered in equal parts depression and rage as she remembered how her elder sister had left her to the whims of fate, not even bothering to try and save her. Perfect little bitch, they had been blood and she could not have even cut the binds?

She had retreated into those thoughts, wondering if it was because of her Twisted status, or if she were just that cold, when the truro carrying her stopped. She peeked out of the giant's hands and gapes at the number of them, but moreso at the fact that there were so many Twisted among them! And not a one was spat upon, or kicked, or stolen from! Though she wondered why animals roamed among them, and that blind man was being led by a wolf, or the legless lady was riding a horse dragging a log, but that was a question for another time. The Truro gives a bellow, causing her to cover her ears.
    "Brothers, sisters, foundlings! We return! Rekimit blood has been spilled! They had stolen one of your own, little siblings!"
    As Truro and Twisted available came near, Karaju was gently put down and helped away, given a gnarled branch by another club footed man bound up against the cold, followed by a small dog. As goods were distributed among truro and Twisted, she finally stuttered out a sentence since her salvation.
    "Wh-what is t-t-this place?"
    The man pats her shoulder, malformed smile spreading on his face.
    "A home, young one. It's a home."

22. - Top - End - #262

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: Cut to Black Imminent
    Show
    Vis follows the other god. There is a ghost of a smile on her face, a smile that has little to do with happiness and all to do with the success of a plan.

Lose the Game, Win the Prize

The Twisted had only just arrived in this land. They were still caught up in their gathering on the beach. As such they only had to walk a short distance in order to be alone. Long enough that Elzak was almost bursting with need, but also long enough to ponder.

Vis was interesting. She was clearly toying with him, and clearly wanted something. He doubted she was interested in violently, bloodily coupling for the sake of doing so. The question then was if he cared about what she got from it? She'd only just met him. The odds of her getting something from him that would directly effect him in any way was almost nill. Plus if he played his cards right he could get something more out of the exchange than simple satisfaction. The only question was did he enjoy the prospect of denying Vis what she aimed for more than the idea of coupling with her?

In order to gain something you had to discard something. He could either deny her something, or gain something by discarding any chance he had of thwarting whatever her plan was. In the end, the option was clear.

Grabbing the goddess by the throat, Elzak thrust her hard enough into a boulder that it cracked under the force. "I don't know what your game is, but you've won it," Elzak told her bluntly, tightening his grip into a strangle hold.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Adale looked at the signs of battle. "Borshin, what do you make of this?" she asks

The Hent examines the footprints closely. "Strange. Maybe a band of Twisted, but why would they all have the same deformities?" He then stood back up. "We should investigate."

"So, the only beautiful women I am likely to see on this trip is likely to punch me in the d*** if I make a false move. Well, I should have figured Viking women were not my type." Jack said. He then took point, making sure no ambush or trap was ahead.
    Last edited by MichaelGoldclaw; 2014-12-04 at 09:37 PM.
    Deviant Art account

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

A Walk in the Woods

Heiphar and Club stride side by side through the forest, walking sticks echoing one anothers sound. The two walk slowly, limited as they are by their physical forms. No words are spoken between the two, as if in some silent agreement, yet both have a calm smile on their face. Others would like decree their penalty too harsh, to unfair to the Straightened who had no choice. Those others were not Twisted. They did not live in fear of the perfect, the flawless, the beautiful. They did not cower when those with everything strode down the street. They could not understand.

Soon enough the duo reach the shores, looking at the mob of cowering Twisted and those attempting to flee. Confused, Heiphar looks about. What was going on here? Why were his people struck with fear? What had happened?

Concerned for the safety of Cragonar, Heiphar gently grabs the first Twisted's shoulder he sees, turning the mortal about to face him.

"What happened?"

"Two unblemished spoke to us then left. They were so powerful... One offered to help us, the other pulled him away. They were going to chop off his arm!" the Twisted cries, looking towards the blind man with concern.

They wanted to hurt his people now, did they? On his own homeland? That was an insult that Heiphar simply couldn't stand.

"Watch over them," Heiphar says simply. Club nods, turning to try to restore some order to the crowd and comfort the terrified.

After inquiring as to where the others went Hiephar sets off, limping across his land towards the source of the others.

Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The Cat Lands
    The Cat Lands were surrounded by countless very prosperous communities. Many were growing too large to be maintained socially, even with the government and codified laws. Arguments were almost violent, and people became tired of others too quickly. Stress was at an all time high. They could get away from each other by going to harvest or laboring, and that worked, but the people just didn't want to start feuds with each other, and thus begin cycles of pain and suffering they couldn't escape. Therefore, the people came together again . . . They were not quite sure what they could do themselves other than form another tribe. Having two large tribes that absorbed at least a dozen large extended families from around the Cat Lands sounded like a good idea. It could keep social cohesion much better.

However, for the first time since the first generations, the Mewkin and Humans, in the Cat Lands were beginning to experience times of few feasts. Everyone was still very well fed, but there were beginning to have some towns with low food storage, communities which could only store enough food for a little left over, instead of having very notable surpluses of food. An Elder had loved to play with water ever since he was a kitten. He liked the little bowls of dirt they would have in his garden, and that gave him an idea for irrigating canals of soil so food could grow more abundantly.

The water would begin to do make it possible to grow far more food stuffs by accumulating water for regions that had less, and even prevented flood waters from overcoming villages.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Concept: 1 The Sabachus. . .

Spoiler
    Show
    1 Concept: 1 Agricultural Damming Projects

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Melisomne giggled as the lambs were led to the slaughter, such foolish little things these mortal creatures, far too trusting for their own good. She followed after the two not-mortals and then upon hearing the terror of the other ugly mortals she began to wonder.

Could these unblemished abominations possibly be the demon goddess and perhaps the bleeding warrior? They certainly seemed to fit the descriptions given, but it was almost too wonderful to be true. She approached the not-mortals,

"I believe these terrorists who have invaded your island may be the enemies of my Father, I shall help you deal with them."

Speaking thusly, she flies up into the sky and swoops low over the trees until she locates the two abominations. She then quickly returns to the others and reports upon their location.
    Synvallius the Elder
    Inaction is support for the action you did not oppose.
    The rain is my parade.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Banned

Kobold

The bloodstone obelisk shuddered before releasing its master. Skarne had rested long enough. He had stretched his limbs in the fire of combat. The world had changed in his absence. He felt it.

Conflict was rising. It empowered him. He felt better than he had in ages.

The world was ready to shed blood at last. The seeds of war had been sown. And now Skarne was returned to the mortal plane.

He looked upon the world and sought his brethren. Where had they gone?

He allowed himself to sense the points of conflict. There was one. On a new land covered in Twisted. And another slowly fading. The Rekimit had lost many.

Decisions decisions.

----

The Kirr advanced into a new age of unity.

They built a city at the end of the land bridge to defend from would-be invaders. The fortress sat in the narrowest stretch of the bridge, and the walls extended to bisect the land bridge. To cross over the wall would require invaders to fight through the Kirr armies.

It would not be an easy task.

They called the fortress city by the name of Tegrash. It was fortified for defense and very difficult to penetrate. The Kirr there prospered.

----

Skarne arrived as Vis and the new God seemed to be locked in combat. Or perhaps copulating. It was hard to tell with Vis.

Pray tell, younger siblings. What nonsense is this?
    Skarne was clearly in a more...chipper mood than usual.
    Is this a new and exciting way to reproduce that Vis is attempting for the first time, or is this young one attempting to murder a fellow Deity?

The Omniblade floated just behind Skarne, ready to be used at any instant.

Skarne was not worried. For all of the fluster this youth seemed to have, Skarne was still the God of Strength. Defeating him in open combat would require titanic effort, no matter who stood against him.

Spoiler: AP EXPENDITURES
    Show

Forgot to put this in last night. Troubles of posting just before bed.
    +5 AP from daily rollover
    -2 for City. (-3 cost for each tribe)
    Last edited by ImNotTrevor; 2014-12-05 at 06:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Vis sighs. "Another time, Elzak. It appears that we shall not be left alone to play after all. And with me, everyone wins. At least, in this case." She hands Elzak a piece of fire-stone. Within it, blue fire glows. "When all this is done, if you wish to continue, cast this into the fire, and I will hear."

Vis turns to Skarne, one eyebrow raised. "Skarne. I knew you would come back eventually. They always do. Though if your coming for the blood, you need not wait long. That foul bird thing will likely bring others. I do so enjoy killing them. And that one has been peeping for far too long. I'm going to enjoy killing it."
    Vis slips free from Elzak's grip. The bird creature will bring others, perhaps those from the Ethereal One's plane. She moves towards Skarne, not touching him, but certainly close enough that it could be misconstrued that they were allies, or working together. Every advantage counted.

29. - Top - End - #269

RedKnightGirl

Blood and Iron

Of course they were interrupted. This was given to him on a silver platter. To obtain something, you must discard something. Try to break that rule and fate would conspire to bring you down. At least he had a stone to cash in a relief to his blood lust for a later time. And the one who had interrupted was... captivating. Raw strength. Black iron. Elzak felt himself salivating at the sight of the god, his heart beginning to beat faster in anticipation. Such a brutal form to bash the blood out of their enemies. What a sturdy body to break.

Licking his lips at the sight of the ancient god, Elzak let Vis saunter over to what to her must be a familiar ally or rival. Tucking the stone into his robes, the founder of the way looked Skarne up and down. Calculating. Longingly. Unfortunately as fearsome as this one looked to be in combat, he seemed to serious to engage in a simple friendly blood bath. A shame. "Skarne is it?" he begins. "I am called Elzak. If you must know we were about to couple, but your presence was a distraction. A pleasant one, but a distraction none the less."

Perhaps it was for the best... he still couldn't comprehend Vis' motives. "Are you here for simple introductions, or do you have business with one of us?" Elzak inquired.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Banned

Kobold

Blood and Iron

Of course they were interrupted. This was given to him on a silver platter. To obtain something, you must discard something. Try to break that rule and fate would conspire to bring you down. At least he had a stone to cash in a relief to his blood lust for a later time. And the one who had interrupted was... captivating. Raw strength. Black iron. Elzak felt himself salivating at the sight of the god, his heart beginning to beat faster in anticipation. Such a brutal form to bash the blood out of their enemies. What a sturdy body to break.

Licking his lips at the sight of the ancient god, Elzak let Vis saunter over to what to her must be a familiar ally or rival. Tucking the stone into his robes, the founder of the way looked Skarne up and down. Calculating. Longingly. Unfortunately as fearsome as this one looked to be in combat, he seemed to serious to engage in a simple friendly blood bath. A shame. "Skarne is it?" he begins. "I am called Elzak. If you must know we were about to couple, but your presence was a distraction. A pleasant one, but a distraction none the less."

Perhaps it was for the best... he still couldn't comprehend Vis' motives. "Are you here for simple introductions, or do you have business with one of us?" Elzak inquired.
    My business is simply to bear witness to the conflict at hand. And perhaps to prevent deicide. I do not care personally for you other Gods, but the death of the world before this one still haunts my memory. I will not allow a repeat.

Skarne was direct and typically without guile, but he was no unobservant. This younger god craved violence for its own sake. Not for the glory of combat, but for the sake of pain. He looked at Skarne with desire. Not in the same way that mortals and even other gods looked at Vis. This was a different desire. A desire to test one's mettle against what they see as a worthy opponent.

The young one had no idea.

Skarne returned his attention to Vis. Her words, the promise of a coming battle, truly gave him cause to be mirthful. In a motion unusual for Skarne, he put his hand on her shoulder as he laughed.

If it is a battle they seek, then it will be a battle they shall find! And the Mad God will curse the day he chose to go to war against us.

Skarne turned to Elzak. As for you, should you ever find your craving for a fight to be going unanswered, you may travel to my realm of Nexalea. There you will find a battlefield of endless war, and an arena where you may challenge any God who is willing to a contest of strength.
    Last edited by ImNotTrevor; 2014-12-05 at 07:25 AM.