New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Apple WW

1. - Top - End - #391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Apple WW

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Can we wait to discuss until morning?
    One of us may not be here in the morning, and thusfar, this was my only round to proffer an opinion, so I felt like I could at least drop one solid opinion.

*plunk*

But otherwise, sure.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

He fears Sprig dominating any twilight discussion and misleading town in the wrong direction as so often happens :P

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

You guys can just stop the act already. It's blatantly obvious that you're both trying to mislead town and need to be lynched as soon as possible.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

The wait's almost over; give Internet Flea a half-hour or so, and we can start swapping theories.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    You guys can just stop the act already. It's blatantly obvious that you're both trying to mislead town and need to be lynched as soon as possible.
    True. but I won't be lynched this game. I'm going to be able to pick off my opposition carefully and quietly, before anyone knows what hit them.

If there's a dead chat, they'll be all like, WHY ISN'T ANYONE LYNCHING HIM!?!?! BRABRAHBRAHBRAHBRAH, etc. The folks that wanted to lynch him all died, isn't it obvious, etc.

Oh that brings back memories. Good times!

6. - Top - End - #396

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    The wait's almost over; give Internet Flea a half-hour or so, and we can start swapping theories.
    That would require us to be alive. Sprig and I are racing to see who can get killed first. It's kind of unfair he pulled the dirty seer proxy trick to try to leapfrog me on the death queue
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

That would require us to be alive. Sprig and I are racing to see who can get killed first. It's kind of unfair he pulled the dirty seer proxy trick to try to leapfrog me on the death queue
    Fair enough. Here's hoping the real seer survives, eh?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #398
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

I was much impressed with you use ramsus to let everyone think your the seer gambit. It was impressive.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Pixie in the Playground

You came! I've been waiting!

...you were?
    What for?

You don't know? Well, of course you don't! You don't see as I see. You simply stumble around, waving your peelers and your flamethrowers and your vats of boiling caramel, ignorant of it all!

All what?
    Why are you encouraging him?

I SEE INTO YOUR VERY CORES!

What's in there? Tell me what you see!
    Ok, enough of this.

The bad apple hurled the vat of boiling caramel at the apple, ending the conversation the way they always did.

I don't believe you did that.
    It's what we were here to do.
    He was about to tell me a deep truth about myself.
    He was about to tell you something incoherent because he was crazy.
    You couldn't wait five minutes...

Fleeing Coward was caramellized by the Bad Apples. He was the Apple of the Eye OR The Sauced. Either way he was a Yellow Apple.

Day 4 begins now and ends in roughly 72 hours.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    Looking at who we were considering to lynch "yesterday", there were 3 people who we considered most thoroughly, and they were FC, Tanar, and legato. of these 3, 2 are dead leaving fleeing coward. Rain dragon was the fourth choice, but I don't think he ever got beyond 2 votes. If we consider that at least one of wolves most likely voted for legato then switched to Tanar, we should consider who they are. Also ThePhantom was the first person to vote Tanar.

I'm going to vote FC again because I still think he is likely a wolf, was in our top 3 "yesterday" and has survived a night with the Pineapple dead.

Braveheart Unvoted. Voted for Firedaemon later.

Let's remember how that movie ended, and follow suit.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-12-21 at 07:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

FREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMMM

Honestly I don't have anything to say other than, I was wrong at that time, however I did ditch that vote fairly early on durring day 3. Honestly I am having trouble doing any quality analysis. That post was some bs that I threw together to get some sort of idea. I spoke with FC after that point and learned that he was eye/sauced when I pulled my vote on him. He told me that he had scied sprig as a good Apple and had been communicating with sprig in a constructive manner, if FC was the sauced, then sprig is almost definitely a wolf, however the only way to find that out for sure would be of the other of the seer/sauced were to speak up, which will get them killed, so don't do that, however if you know which one you are somehow then that should tell you (seer/sauced) the confirmed alignment of sprig. I'll wait on voting however until I see someone use better deduction than my own to get a lead.
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

12. - Top - End - #402
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

I guess FC won our race :(

13. - Top - End - #403

Not the best race to win but I'll take it. It's the only race us Yellow Apples are going to win
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2014-12-20 at 03:42 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Oh and i am greatly amused by the bravehearts post above.

Placeholder vote for AvatarVecna, you should get in touch with me in private. *wink wink.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-22 at 04:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Where is everyone?

There is plenty of leads to follow up from yesterday.

Also Braveheart - why so hesitant on a vote? You should already know how I feel about that.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
    Where is everyone?

Also Braveheart - why so hesitant on a vote? You should already know how I feel about that.
    He might know he's caught red-handed, and therefore doesn't want to give anything away.

He could vote for me, that might be one way to limit the damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, here's my alibi for last night. Instead of killing Fleeing Coward, I was busy determining Vwulf's not-color.

So, I know what color he isn't, and also, that no one else color scried him.

That proves absolutely nothing, but I still thought I'd put it out there for you all to...........

*puts on sunglasses*

Munch on.

Course it was obvious my previous iteration was innocent, given how he locked horns with Avvie.

WIFOM? Oh yeah baby. But maybe not, I mean can you even make wine out of apples? That might just be cider or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's see what else is interesting to report...

Hey!

Uh, this might be useful.

Someone color scried me, or rather, my past self, and met interference on a specific night.

Name yourself, and which night it was, and you get 1 (one) get out of lynch free card from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Slow morning.

After several re-reads, my notepad is jammed with data.

I wish I was a part of the people in the know, I think if I knew where not to shoot, I'd have this one almost locked up. As it stands, I have at least one person I want dead, but I can't prove isn't masonic.

I'm nigh 100 percent braveheart is a safe lynch. But then again, I could have misread someone important who flipped innocent.

I also have a pair I'm really sure aren't on the same side, but I can't fire into the pair unless someone told me which one cannot die. Which is info that shouldn't be publicized anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang, there's three unlynchables remaining and I can't peg a single one of them definitively.

Sprig shouldn't be lynched but that doesn't make him masonic or foolish. Just makes him awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

So here I am by myself, uh, uh, talking to myself. That's, that's chaos theory.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-12-20 at 09:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

I will join in voting for Braveheart. Since I'm rather stumped for what to do and I also agree with ATPG's posts here and here.

Also I'm sure your some reasoning's better than no reasoning Braveheart. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Hi Rain Dragon. Nice to see you.
    And you!

Where is everyone?

I don't know, but it is the Solstice soon (on the 21st). I'd imagine some people may be busy celebrating (as I should be but I won't be far from the internet so this may be irrelevant).

Spoiler: Stretchy ATPG Post
    Show
    He might know he's caught red-handed, and therefore doesn't want to give anything away.

He could vote for me, that might be one way to limit the damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, here's my alibi for last night. Instead of killing Fleeing Coward, I was busy determining Vwulf's not-color.

So, I know what color he isn't, and also, that no one else color scried him.

That proves absolutely nothing, but I still thought I'd put it out there for you all to...........

*puts on sunglasses*

Munch on.

Course it was obvious my previous iteration was innocent, given how he locked horns with Avvie.

WIFOM? Oh yeah baby. But maybe not, I mean can you even make wine out of apples? That might just be cider or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's see what else is interesting to report...

Hey!

Uh, this might be useful.

Someone color scried me, or rather, my past self, and met interference on a specific night.

Name yourself, and which night it was, and you get 1 (one) get out of lynch free card from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Slow morning.

After several re-reads, my notepad is jammed with data.

I wish I was a part of the people in the know, I think if I knew where not to shoot, I'd have this one almost locked up. As it stands, I have at least one person I want dead, but I can't prove isn't masonic.

I'm nigh 100 percent braveheart is a safe lynch. But then again, I could have misread someone important who flipped innocent.

I also have a pair I'm really sure aren't on the same side, but I can't fire into the pair unless someone told me which one cannot die. Which is info that shouldn't be publicized anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang, there's three unlynchables remaining and I can't peg a single one of them definitively.

Sprig shouldn't be lynched but that doesn't make him masonic or foolish. Just makes him awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

So here I am by myself, uh, uh, talking to myself. That's, that's chaos theory.

That's quite the post you have there.

But according to the rules, all the apples that are not No Apple At All have a colour scry. So all you're saying is that you're likely not neutral!

Wikipedia seems to think it's cider as well.

Chaos theory?

EDIT - Changed 'Not an Apple' to 'No Apple At All'.
    EDIT - Added 'likely'. Oops, misphrasing.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-12-22 at 07:45 AM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Chaos theory?
    Best line ever delivered by Jeff Goldblum.

I use it a lot in mafia games because I tend to watch a thread and reply to people, and just my luck, when I'm on, 95% or more of the other players aren't here.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Best line ever delivered by Jeff Goldblum.

I use it a lot in mafia games because I tend to watch a thread and reply to people, and just my luck, when I'm on, 95% or more of the other players aren't here.
    Ah, right. Thanks for the link.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going to agree in pressuring Braveheart for now. ATPG appears (at first guess) to be a very analytical person with good ideas.
    Last edited by Vwulf DeMarcus; 2014-12-21 at 11:25 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Placeholder vote for braveheart. Will probably change later on.

Good morning everyone! Well, everyone except FC; it's not such a good morning for you, I imagine.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Mmmm...Hrm. I don't like how quickly this train started, same as yesterday's. I think it's fairly decent odds that there is at least one wolf voting for Braveheart right now, and since he's in a fairly defensible place as he's really only got ATPG going for him in a serious way, I am...Suspicious that he's a wolf.

I would say no vote for now, but I know how you guys feel about that so...Askthepizzaguy on a slight hunch and because I don't like the braveheart wagon.
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2014-12-20 at 07:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Bravehearts online but still no response... You can do it braveheart. A good defense and maybe a case or two against another player. You might see those pressure votes slip rights off. Just make sure you consult your fellow rotten apples for their advice before you post :P

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Mmmm...Hrm. I don't like how quickly this train started, same as yesterday's. I think it's fairly decent odds that there is at least one wolf voting for Braveheart right now, and since he's in a fairly defensible place as he's really only got ATPG going for him in a serious way, I am...Suspicious that he's a wolf.

I would say no vote for now, but I know how you guys feel about that so...Askthepizzaguy on a slight hunch and because I don't like the braveheart wagon.
    Hmm.

The only part of this post I believe is the part where you say you don't like the braveheart wagon. Well, that's not true, I also believe you do want to lynch me over braveheart.

Simply put, regardless of how braveheart flips, I'd look at FD33 next.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

Really? I didn't have a particular problem With a vote for ATPG. I mean you have already claimed wolf and that's usually good enough for me :P

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

To all-

Looking into FD and my thoughts in regards to FD, in a spoiler because analyses are long.

Also looks at Aventine and Ramsus' interaction, because FD is stating, essentially, that Aventine and Ramsus are presently the most likely to be bad-guy teammates together.

So, let's look at their interaction. Ramsus and Aventine.

All of it has to be staged to come up with that conclusion.

So, see if you agree with the assessment.

Because what makes FD look worse than anything in this analysis is the finger point at me today.

I'm biased because I'm me. But I was actually going to be working on the assumption I wouldn't even gain a vote until I got murdered this game, based on how it unfolded, unless it came from someone I accused directly.

See if you conclude the same from an objective viewpoint. Walk with me:

Spoiler
    Show

Fleeing Coward because I don't want him against me.
    First day first vote, deliberately trying not to read too much into this one.

Firedaemon33 because that post made no sense.
    Tossing that one in there because I have a general rule: The more villagers die with their fingers pointed at someone, the more they should probably die. Questioning the wisdom of our demised allies is certainly something we can do, because I trust my judgment more, and they didn't see the game unfold the way we living people have, in its entirety, because they're no longer with us. But I think it's relevant data anyway.

In short, oh obviously lynch me at some point, particularly if a whole bunch of people who wanted Ramsus lynched end up dead and not evil.

I have no guarantee you're on my team. And you're good enough that even if you are, I don't want to risk it. And it's an even better bet in this game because there are three teams of relatively equal size, all of which are opposed, not counting the wolves.
    In this post and the following one, FD seems to be prioritizing the green v yellow v red rivalry over defeating the bad apples. That would mean a lot of lynches of non-bad apples to win. Which would make the game exceedingly easy for the bad apples.

A 2/3rds+ chance you're against me on day 1 with no other info does not a fanatic make. If you can provide proof you're with me, I won't lynch you. Same as if there's another viable candidate. That said, the fact that you're responding to logical points with Ad Hominem attacks makes me even more suspicious of you.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    You said that he is such a good player that it is not worth the chance he is on our side, and could help us win. That is a horrible reason. I'd keep him alive until we had more evidence because he is useful on our side.
    Which is why I have a hunch I'm on solid footing that FD isn't a member of the apple corps.

Is there game where FD doesn't shoot herself in the foot day one? Since this seems to be a common occurrence I'm not jumping on this one.
    I don't know what Sprig is, but given his play so far, and how awesome it has been, I have to conclude it is either Sprig's natural I don't know what shining through, or he's an apple corps guy. But I have counter-indicators on that as well.

Why I was hesitating on defining FD as non-apple corps is because the entire idea hinges on Duck not saying the above post to a fellow mason, and given the radical philosophical differences in play here, and the fact that I dunno if they can even talk to one another without having to PM each other, maybe it could be a solid disagreement. And if Sprig were also a member, that would put two people in solid disagreement with another without placing a vote on that person. Which is why I was so hesitant.

But I seriously doubt FD as apple-corps plays the game that continues to unfold, with the voting record involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    If we are going to talk percentages, then it is statistically unlikely that FC is a bad apple. The bad apples are the bigger concern at the moment. So if we have reason to think he is one of them, kill him, but until we have a reason to suspect him we might as well keep him around. By your very own logic that is the best course of action at the moment if you simply apply the logic to good v. bad rather than color based in-fighting.

Also, isn't the chances that people get paranoid and lynch him for being too potentially dangerous pretty high anyway? If he is town isn't the chance that the wolves are going to kill him for being too much of a potential threat pretty high as well? Why waste a lynch on him now?

Anyway, no reason to completely collapse into killing each other based on red v. green v. yellow just yet. There will be plenty of time for that later and jumping the gun only helps the wolves.
    Here, Aventine talks directly to FD, and it is the kind of post that does not remove the idea that Aventine could be bad apple-ing it up with FD.

This is the sort of friendly disagreement post which allows staged interaction between team members.

However, in my analysis, most of the time bad team members just pretend like one another doesn't even exist, this is more of a stage two tactic. But both are veterans.

Aventine, you make a good point. And had he not attacked me personally and instead made these points, I probably would have dropped the argument. However, he immediately called me a fanatic for logically deciding that he could very well be a threat, one way or another, and the odds were acceptable that he would be a good lynch with no other information. Which, in my opinion, says more even than just the percentages: People attack their opponent's character when they have no other arguments.
    Now, does the back and forth between FD and Aventine continue? At all?

As Ramus said, FC is quite honestly a risk not worth taking. And as I've said several times before, this would not normally apply but does here, due to the three opposed teams setup. As well, FC seems to have an aversion to making logical arguments, instead opting to attack me personally based on other games. Their hypocrisy, as well as seeming inability to make a logical point, is what's really driving me at this point.
    To Duck.

The extended back and forth between FD and Duck doesn't seem staged. I believe this post a lot more than I believe the interaction between FD and Aventine. Which simply leads to my conclusion that FD is not best buddies with Duck in a hidden nether chamber somewhere we can't see. And since Duck equals Apple Corps...

Fine. FC, if you have a logical argument for someone that isn't based in "reasons not related to this game", go for it. I'm all ears, really. I just want to make a good day 1 lynch.
    FD has extended back and forth with FC.

One thing I note, is that bad team members focus their long conversations almost exclusively on good team members, because it is the arguments of good team members that must be countered, or ones you feel most comfortable pretending to support, and it is good team members who actually take serious convincing to change their minds about things.

Bad team members win when they actively get good team members to agree with them, and that takes work. Enough work where they don't really bother staging such lengthy interactions with fellow baddies at the same time.

You see?

Duck and FC were both good, and FD took a lot of time to talk to them. Aventine was evil, and FD talks to this person how much more?

For more on this, watch Aventine's interaction between my former self and his.... well, former self.
    (Ha!)

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...2&postcount=67

Smells like it was staged?

Come on folks. You know this interaction isn't staged. Feel the force flow through you. You can feel it in your bones that this is a legit conversation between parties who are trying to actually convince each other of things.

Read especially the point at the bottom.

"Hooray for unnecessary attacks on someone else's character for no reason other than they disagree with you!"

Does that feel like something a bad teammate says to another bad teammate for the purposes of staging an interaction?

Feel the force. Feel it, I say.

Aaaand we killed off a mason. Wonderful.
    This would be the flincher.

Evil parties often feel the need to comment on particularly bad decisions made by fellow villagers, to demoralize them, and of course, to pretend they're in a bad mood.

I suspect that secretly, firedaemon was jumping for joy.

Why does it matter if we killed a mason, if firedaemon is focused on one color victory?

Unless Firedaemon is a red apple, I don't BELIEVE this post.

I also firmly don't believe FD is a member of the apple corps based on that round.

Ramsus

Even putting aside the fact that you are being actively and intentionally unhelpful to town, if you can't see why FC is a terrible choice to lynch right now I...I don't even know what to say.
    More on why Ramsus was not partnered with Avvie.

At this point, the Ramsus-FC thing takes off, and you'll notice that disrupts the discussion for the day by quite a bit.

In this position, the bad apples aren't threatened and the good apples are at one another's throats, AND demoralizing themselves, and not analyzing very much because it's hard to.

So, what do bad apples do in this situation? Let it all play out. Why ruin a good thing?

At 4am, Aventine the known evil guy was active.

From that point onward, 18 hours or so pass without anyone I particularly suspect posting anything.

And this unbroken pause in suspicious posting is broken by Aventine responding to Ramsus, for what it appears to be Aventine suggesting Ramsus completely misrepresented his arguments.

Do you really feel like this is a bad-apple on bad-apple conversation?

If so, their entire strategy seems to be to be on completely opposite pages and talk to each other more than villagers, at least on Aventine's part.

Bad strategy, as villagers tend to pick a side, and then ignore the tension between them later. That results in lost teammates faster, and then, no real defense except WIFOM. It's basing an entire future defense on a gambit, here, kill my teammate, and then later I will argue I'm perfect and innocent based on us disagreeing which I totally would never stage.

You can't use it as a defense because as soon as you do, that introduces the idea that you did it to use it as a defense. It's self-defeating in every sense of the word.

More of Ramsus dismissing Aventine's arguments.

That's quality acting. Seriously, give Ramsus and Aventine the prize, there's no denying their interaction is among the most entertaining-if-staged interactions I've ever read.

It's not just staged, you really believe the tension. I certainly do.

Ramsus did his future incarnation a solid in that he really, really sells the idea he's not on the same page as Aventine. Please, vote for me as the alternative today if you disagree. It means that our analytical caps are searching for grandiose conspiracies rather than using Occam's razor to cut through the b.

Meanwhile, back in FD land:

Hmm. I suppose I should vote at some point. Also, sorry for dredging up all this mess. Totes my bad guys, didn't realize there was such bad blood. Point at Legato Endless unless someone else votes for FC as I don't want a tied vote.
    Like Braveheart, seems entirely focused on keeping our consensus candidates in play and not really making movements elsewhere.

All of FD's accusations have been bad ones, including today's.

I have to believe that with the power of a masonry thinking together, they don't come up with this many mistakes, and seemingly deliberate decisions that harm the good apples. So I have to conclude that FD, like Braveheart, they're both quite safe lynches.

Welp, as I said, flopping to FC to prevent a tie. I want pressure, one way or another.
    No one on the chopping block that day was evil.

Of course we want pressure one way or the other. Any way you slice it, a villager dies that day.

Quoting Penguinator:

Update:

Quick overview of today:
    Votes:
    FC - Ramsus, Vwulf DeMarcus, AvatarVecna, firedaemon33
    Ramsus - FC, Aventine
    Legato Endless - Sprig, Rain Dragon, sphazre
    Tanar Aerdoth - Penguinator, ThePhantom
    FC, Legato, and Tanar all were good. Besides me, I'm openly evil. I just happen to be not on the bad apple team, evil though I may be.

Aventine the known baddie is voting to slay Ramsus/me.

Given the distribution of votes, where are the other bad apples here?

I think they're just agreeing with villager's bad decisions. Hopping on our bad points.

Ramsus, FC, Sprig, and Penguinator all look like they're trying to find suspects, and they're all failing. But, on Ramsus, is one baddie, and one goodie.

The other baddies are spread out.

I think FD's hopping and not being concerned with who dies indicates a confident bad apple in a superior and ultimately flawless position. But that's not all, ladies and germs:

It can also be mason-hunting. Why hop around if everyone being voted is good?

Because which good guy dies is also important. Let's lynch a mason. Or a seer. Or a doctor.

Thus, this is what I think FD is doing all this round. Letting us kill ourselves, sure, but finding out which one of us REALLY needs to be murdered. Gathering data.

@Sprig: fair enough. I will join you on Legato. I still suspect Ramsus is a wolf trying to get FC lynched by peoples' paranoia about his reputation (and thus save the wolves from needing to kill him themselves), but it looks like he isn't dying today.
    Perfect, gets Legato under lynch pressure, but we can follow up with Ramsus the next day.

Also, gets bonus points for defending FC.

See? Wolf diplomacy. I'll give in to your requests, Sprig, and I'll defend FC. I'm a helpful townie.

Next, though, we definitely need to get Ramsus, the obvious wolf.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh my. There could be a TV Tropes page just for mafia tropes. Because I've seen so many tropes in play in this selection of quotes. Brings back so many memories of all the times I've done EXACTLY this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I disagree. Whatever Ramsus may be, I don't think he's a wolf; he's too loud, too angry, and too experienced. If he were a wolf, he'd at least have tried to be a little more subtle about all of this.
    Refuge in audacity? Yeah, I don't really know how to counter you without descending into a WIFOMish mess.
    Gotta sell the narrative that I definitely believe Ramsus is guilty. If people see through the lie, just double down. Oh, he's still lying, it's just a very big, audacious lie.

Ramsus gonna kill us all with The Big Lie. Beware. Spooky. Spooky.

Oh good. Since both of them are asleep, I can actually make a point about why I want to vote for FC without it getting dragged into a flame war.

Specifically, FC, from day 1, responded to a single vote with what boils down to an emotional argument, trying to discredit me. This is something that, in the past, has gotten me lynched very early on, and I see no reason that, if the shoe is on the other foot, to let up. Especially if FC really is a wolf, and, to me, his actions and responses are really seeming ever more wolfish.
    See the blue part?

This is firedaemon being honest. I so believe this part.

The second part is your standard cookiecutter argument to lynch a hostile target. They don't have to be guilty, they just need to be an opponent of yours. Easy to understand.

Hard to find wolves that way. It's usually villagers ripping each other's throats out. Wolves are typically playing the divide and conquer diplomacy game.

Short version: I feel like you're doing the right thing for the wrong reason, if that makes sense. FC is quite wolfish, but I don't want to support you because I don't like your arguments.
    Here, FD is essentially saying, I'm not going to lynch someone I'm accusing of being a wolf, because reasons.

The reason is because tomorrow is also a good day to lynch a villager. Also, Ramsus kind of digging himself into a diplomatic hole, so, it's easy to not support him.

Why would you agree with the one guy everyone is disagreeing with, as a wolf? Just seems like an unnecessary risk with no gains.

More Avvie and Ramsus.

And more Avvie and Ramsus.

Come on guys, I'm essentially a mason or I'm neutral. There's no other options at this point.

I have a color scan. Why would the neutrals need one?

I'm gonna exit this game via murder, or triumphant standing atop a pile of dead bad-apples. One or the other will happen if you don't lynch me.

Next:

Tanar Aerdoth was taken by the Maw. He was the Pineapple, and a Yellow Apple.

I mean, Avvie and FD and Braveheart look pretty good as 3/4 of the bad team at this point.

You'll note that after the first cited interaction, FD and Avvie ignore each other completely. Which makes it more likely to me that that one interaction was staged.

There's still half of the posts left to analyze, but the next round is a scry result on Avvie and the next round is this one. So, feel free, but this all happened before a baddie flipped. So this is the part of the game where the baddies are most confident, and most bold in their undertakings.

So, this is where I look to find baddies.

Also, masons. But to be frank, I'm not touching that one with a ten foot tree branch. I think Duck did a good job not necessarily giving away the farm, and I think at least one mason is well hidden.

So, I'm cautiously optimistic you could fire twice into Braveheart and FD and hit no masons.

Elsewhere? Less confident.

I see Sprig has posted, and from a certain point of view, given where Ramsus wanted people to die all game, I can understand.

But look at this post Sprig, follow my thinking. I think you'll give me the seal of approval.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-12-20 at 05:42 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Pizzaguy, I don't know what I've ever done to make it seem this way, but you seem to be under the impression I am good at this game. Which is, despite my best efforts, simply untrue. I think this is the third or so game I haven't died on the first day. It wouldn't even have occurred to me to fake a back and forth, my votes for FC were out of genuine suspicion that was created by his playstyle, and yes, sometimes I am a snarky bastard.

That said, you also seem to have missed that I was one of the first people to vote for Aventine. So riddle me this, if you have all the answers about me: If I was a wolf, why would I swap onto Aventine despite the fact he was barely on the town's radar at the time.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Pizzaguy, I don't know what I've ever done to make it seem this way, but you seem to be under the impression I am good at this game. Which is, despite my best efforts, simply untrue. I think this is the third or so game I haven't died on the first day. It wouldn't even have occurred to me to fake a back and forth, my votes for FC were out of genuine suspicion that was created by his playstyle, and yes, sometimes I am a snarky bastard.

That said, you also seem to have missed that I was one of the first people to vote for Aventine. So riddle me this, if you have all the answers about me: If I was a wolf, why would I swap onto Aventine despite the fact he was barely on the town's radar at the time.
    Are you talking about these posts after Penguinator pointed out Aventine and I were tied for worst voting record?

Spoiler
    Show
    I have a Scry to test. Aventine has been scryed wolf.
    Alright, trusting that Sprig is a townie for now: Aventine

EDIT - Typo
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-12-20 at 06:16 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seems to be an odd question, you and I were both in the game Penguinator hosted where bladescape did exactly that to Duck, leaping onto a guilty party for the town credits very rapidly. And you were on his team, too.

You know, villagers have to think and come up with opinions. Wolves can fake an opinion turn like *snap* that.

You know the answer to the question you're asking. Your own evil team used that tactic in the previous game I played with you.

I don't think that's forgetting on your part, I think it's deliberate.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, regardless of how I may feel about your alignment in this game, I think you're an entertaining, exceptional, memorable player. And you show up and try and play by the rules.

That's a good player.

- - - Updated - - -

Firedaemon, I think I have you cornered, at least it certainly appears that way, and I think my own defense of myself is impeccable.

If I'm wrong about you, and you're wrong about me (you are), then what is Plan B?

Who are good suspects other than myself, Braveheart, and yourself?

Let's at least get that on record, because I'm sure we don't have that much playing time left.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-12-20 at 06:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Sprig
    Guest in the Playground

I see Sprig has posted, and from a certain point of view, given where Ramsus wanted people to die all game, I can understand.

But look at this post Sprig, follow my thinking. I think you'll give me the seal of approval.
    I give you my seal lol. Good Job.

FC and I may have equally distrusted each other but we agreed on so many things, one of those being that we thought Ramsus's actions was indicative of innocence not guilt. I believe we were both more than capable of pushing that lynch successfully if we thought otherwise.

But - do feel that a)your being overly defense and b)too agreeable and c) you are just like FC, i am never going to trust you completely.

Thankfully A and B, to some extent, is mitigated by the weird situation where you have to analysis your own characters behavior and interactions.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll give you an answer. Two even.

1) It is very, very foolish not to follow a claimed scry result. Getting on early to a guilty Scry result is like crack cocaine for a wolf especially when they know it is true.
    2) It was so late in the day that there was every chance that not enough people could switch in time.
    Last edited by Sprig; 2014-12-20 at 06:56 PM.