New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 16: Turn and face the strain

[The Lotus Gardens]

"Farewell Quinn, I'll see you in GloG. I feel our meeting here was all too brief." Cessie bids her goodbye by returning the nod. She then turns to Jezbel. "Perhaps change it to snow? It's more appropiate, yes?" She suggests.

Cell

"So you cured yourself from that but choose to remain this? What were you first may I ask and how did you turn into this thing?" Tarim asks, getting impatient with her arrogant attitude.

[The Third Circle - Mercenaries]

"Very well, good day, sir." Dena replies with a nod to Tep before heading after the goblin.

[Northside Hospital]

"But how can I rest when they are in danger?" Obriane asks even if it sounds as she is just as drained as Kitty, the bed making it all too tempting to close her eyes. The only thing that was holding her up was will and adrenalina from the encounter with "Miranda". She can't even come up with anything else to say, she just leaves the question up in the air as she holds Kitty's hands tightly as if afraid to suddenly let go.

[Eastside Hospital]

As the lights spread out they keep catching glimpse of things, humanoid shapes that when looked at closely turns out to be but shadows or old furniture that has been left behind in this haunted place. Perhaps their imaginations and minds are just playing tricks on them after all since they can't see or sense anything that turns out to be a real spirit, or demon for that matter. Just vague shadowy shapes that turn up at the corner of their eyes just to disappear again when they turn to look.

Sticks has more luck finding the directory in a drawer behind the counter which, while dirty, is in relatively good condition. What is he looking for specifically? And what is Tep doing? While he can't feel anything specific in this area there is an energy coming not far from here. It isn't demonic however so perhaps he can't feel it.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle- Planeswalker

Tep waves a hand.
    "It depends on the lead, shall we consult the board?" he says, waving to a spot of the wall that was definitely a cork board all along, what are you talking about?
    At the top is the title: BOOK LEADS, with a large red and orange exclamation mark above it. "Given your reading material...I'd suggest looking at the bottom." he says pointing. The post-its and tacked-on papers seem to be color-coordinated to difficulty. Green is at the bottom, and appears to have four tickets:
    Book of the Dead- crypt, appeared 2 miles outside of Riverside. Hazards: The obvious
    Old Norry's Spellbook- his tower, near Inside. Hazards: old experiments, aged building
    Complete Druid's Manual- shrine in a forest. Hazards: wildlife. Odd rumors suggest curse/haunts, but nothing concrete
    Guide to Widespread Uplifting- unknown underground complex, 4 miles from Inside. Hazards: expect still-functioning security
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #273

[The Third Circle

Sebastian doesn't jump this time, only sighs in exasperation. Why do things always have to appear?
    "Well." He brushes his fingers over the little paper tabs, one by one. None are very appetizing. With eyes closed he tries his hand at a second pass, snatching one at random, and only sneaking a cautious peek to confirm his luck.

It's as bad as ever. "The crypt, then. Seems cheery."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-12-18 at 09:36 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Tep smiles. On the back of the ticket is a listed bounty. It's reasonable. Enough for Sebastian to stake his life on? Maybe. There's also directions and a detailed description of the Book that's wanted.
    "Excellent! Do you have any questions? If you're feeling unsure of yourself you can hire one of my imps to go with you. They're contracted only, but I can write it right in front of you so you know there's nothing to do with your soul or anything. Just their services for the whole deal for a quarter of the reward." he offers to the young mage.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Cell

Certain sighs and says, "I told you. This form lets me fight the gods. I took it voluntarily, accepting enlightenment from my patron. What I was before doesn't matter."

6. - Top - End - #276

[The Third Circle]

"And they're useful? They seem.."
    He glances to the imp at the counter and lets his doubts be self-evident. The little doggish thing looks less use in a fight than him, and Sebastian's slight frame does not especially impose. Even with the slim little fencing saber clipped to his hip. "Can they do magic?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-12-18 at 10:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Exar sniffs in indignation, and abruptly vanishes. Or rather, as the tug on his coat moments later would indicate, turned invisible.
    "Yes they can." says Tep proudly. "And they should be able to identify things for you. Given your admission of not knowing much about magic, it might come in handy. And yes, they can throw fire. It's not very large fire, but you'd be surprised what a good distraction it is."
    Tep did that himself for Romeo once or twice. Good times. Tep won't ever miss the days of being an imp, but he might sometimes look back fondly on when things were simpler.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Northside Hospital]

"But how can I rest when they are in danger?" Obriane asks even if it sounds as she is just as drained as Kitty, the bed making it all too tempting to close her eyes. The only thing that was holding her up was will and adrenalina from the encounter with "Miranda". She can't even come up with anything else to say, she just leaves the question up in the air as she holds Kitty's hands tightly as if afraid to suddenly let go.
    [Northside Hospital]

"Right now you need to. I know you're scared, but you need to get healed up if we're going to help them." Kitty's arm goes slack in Obriane's grip, and it'd drop if Obriane weren't holding on.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

"I guess that's our first candidate for the 'ignore unless the whole neighbourhood catches on fire' list," Dipsnig says, as Viima carries him away from the store. "It was worth a try. Now let's go to..." He examines a list produced by his bracer. "...that weird toymaker guy. He should be more amenable."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #280

[The Third Circle]

Sebastian's eyes follow after, as if he can still see something of the imp. But the tug on his sleeve still catches him by surprise.
    "Oh, well." He blinks, stopping to rub his eyes for a moment. Its strange to look at invisibility, the way the magic twists space around itself. Strange and a little headache-inducing. "I suppose help would be for the best."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

Tep smiles and withdraws a set of cards from his book.
    "Excellent! Exar here is busy running the counter, but I have a few imps on call for tasks. Would you prefer the one who's better in a fight, the one that's better at mundane tasks, or the one that's the most knowledgeable?" he asks Sebastian.

12. - Top - End - #282

[The Third Circle]

"One who can fight, please. That would be where I usually get hurt." Quite badly, and with an embarrassing amount of screaming. "Do any of them come in a bit of a taller size?"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

Tep smiles.
    "Nope! All my imps are imps, sorry. If I had anyone bigger I wouldn't be renting them out to novices." he says, placing his book down in front of Sebastian. On the page appears the words of a simple contract.
    In exchange for one-quarter of the listed mission payment, the servant of Hotep, Lord of the Third Circle agrees to assist the mortal [Signed Below] in all ways that he is able until the listed object is found and the mortal gotten to a safe place afterwards, starting from the point the mortal sets out on the quest. The mortal agrees to provide transportation for his servant, and refrain from purposefully harming it. The servant agrees to attempt to keep the mortal safe to the best of his ability and not leave his side unless explicitly and knowingly ordered otherwise.

"Sign here, please. That's really all there is to it." says Tep, offering him a very fancy iron ballpoint pen.

14. - Top - End - #284

[The Third Circle]

"I see. No wonder you're trying to hire off the streets."
    Pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose, Sebastian pulls the book over and reads. Quite carefully, with an apologetic glance or two to make sure Tep doesn't take it the wrong way. It's not that he doesn't trust the demon. It's that he'd be crazy to trust him. "Very simple language." He notes, finally taking the pen after the third attempt to find something amiss.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Cell

Certain sighs and says, "I told you. This form lets me fight the gods. I took it voluntarily, accepting enlightenment from my patron. What I was before doesn't matter."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Northside Hospital]

"Right now you need to. I know you're scared, but you need to get healed up if we're going to help them." Kitty's arm goes slack in Obriane's grip, and it'd drop if Obriane weren't holding on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"I guess that's our first candidate for the 'ignore unless the whole neighbourhood catches on fire' list," Dipsnig says, as Viima carries him away from the store. "It was worth a try. Now let's go to..." He examines a list produced by his bracer. "...that weird toymaker guy. He should be more amenable."
    Cell

"And who is your 'patron'?" Tarim asks in an unimpressed tone.

[Northside Hospital]

Obriane says nothing, she simply nods and slowly let's go off Kitty's hand as she starting to drift into sleep. A part of her still fought it, she wanted to hold onto Kitty's hand, the only person she could really seek comfort with in all this madness, but her adrenaline was running out and she simply didn't have the energy anymore. Her mind came up with so many things she wanted to say, but before she even realized it, she had fallen to sleep.

"Honestly, he's probably one of those contract demons. The kinda that plays with words and makes you sell your soul for a muffin, so we probably should stay away in either case." But as Dipsnig mentions a toymaker Dena suddenly stops. "Wait, don't tell me. He's called Sticks right? Metal guy that looks like he was mistaken as a clock by a mad clockmaker? Really nervous at crowds?"

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

Tep shrugs.
    "I wanted to make sure you'd be able to read it." he says before clapping his hands."Taine! You're up!"
    There's a small puff of smoke and another imp is sitting on the counter. He's much more red than Exar, and maybe a little bit more than Tep. He's also much closer to his master than the clerk when it comes to his canine aspect, with a long, pointed muzzle. He has a pair of horns on his forehead instead of the back of his head like Tep's, and has a shorter tail, more like a wolf's. His feet are also more mammalian, but still a bit too bestial to belong to a human. His coat is quite scruffy.
    "Oh, picked me did ya? Well thanks, Mac, it's been ages since I got a chance to scrap. Which is to say, I've barely ever gotten to at all, since the boss has been doin' this whole thing for not very long. When do we leave?" asks the imp.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-12-19 at 11:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Cell

Certain shrugs and says, "If I knew I probably wouldn't tell you...But I don't know anyways."

18. - Top - End - #288

[The Third Circle]

"I'd think you'd disappoint people coming in expecting something a little more, ah, Faustian?" His smile is guileless, but very thin. It certainly doesn't reach as far as Sebastian's eyes, as he fiddles with his glasses again and pushes the book across the counter. "Well, thank you. A pleasure."
    He turns to the imp, Taine, offering two fingers for as close to a handshake as can be had with the tiny fellow. "Now, I suppose. But we'll have to make a stop. Would you mind carrying my books?" He doesn't fancy diving into a crypt with just a flimsy sword. A brief sidetrip to get his rifle, and hopefully some distance between him and whatever might be lurking, sounds far preferable.

[Wildside]

Along the patch of fragrant trees and untamed green bursting out from the city's edge, a visitor comes sniffing along. A great black grizzly, snout close to the ground as it snuffles at all the interesting smells and wanders along, occasionally rising up on hindlegs to investigate a tantalizing bouqet hidden on the branches above. A clear newcomer to this neck of the woods, if the unfamiliar scent wasn't enough to give that away.

And while it moves quite leisurely, with lazy zigs and zags, well, the old bear does seem quite intent on the brewery at the heart of the woods, where all that delicious honey mead has been gathered. It is a bear of little brain, and all of its thoughts focused on a greedy supper.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-12-20 at 12:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

The Third Circle

Tep laughs. "And just what would I get for cementing that kind of reputation?" says the demon lord, who tucks his tome back under his arm.

Taine smiles a toothy smile as he shakes "hands."
    "Sure thing, Mac." says the imp, as he pumps his wings to hop up onto Sebastian's shoulder.
    "Pass 'em up."

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

"That... about sums it up," Dipsnig says, as his left eyebrow and left ear both perk up after he compares Dena's summary with the information in the database. "I assume you know him. Didn't he show up on that Thanksmas party SHEOL organized?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post
    The Pack - Leaving Southside

((People and their damned armpit strikes...))

Seyren is utterly shocked at the teleporter's sudden disappearance. The speed at which all the events unfold make it pretty impossible to get out of the way in time, even while already lunging backward. Okami's rending claws connect well, and would inflict a nice 1/4'' deep puncture wound as each blade-like talon is caught on a thick line of cortosis directly under the pit of the sith's arm. Thankfully, the acolyte's armor and fighting style made him more of a siege weapon among the apprentices, as his talents were found primarily in endurance.

Seeing the pinch he'd likely be in if such things continue, Seyren responds by tossing the staff up into the air. It sits high up and suddenly stops, a kinetic barrier holding it in place several yards in the air with the Force. The apprentice then grips his saber with both hands and changes posture. The wicked grin drops. His eyes grow still and slowly glaze over. His aura shrinks to wrap around him like a sheath, and any within a foot of him might be able to feel their skin vibrate. The warrior takes a stance facing the sage, roots his legs in place, and aligns his saber to his form vertically, waiting.
    The Pack - Leaving Southside

Flitter will take the rest of this rest of this turn to wait for a counterstrike opportunity.

Meanwhile, Trace finally releases Seyren's arm, scampering backwards as his fur begins to crawl in a most unsettling manner...
    Okami stands up straight, his knees slightly bent as he tries to predict the Sith's next move.

What do you want with these lands? He asks, trying to distract his opponent.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

[The Third Circle -> ]

Sebastian does, a little curious to see how such an odd creature would even carry them.
    Then I suppose they're on their way and off to Inside.

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Cell

Certain shrugs and says, "If I knew I probably wouldn't tell you...But I don't know anyways."
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [Wildside]

Along the patch of fragrant trees and untamed green bursting out from the city's edge, a visitor comes sniffing along. A great black grizzly, snout close to the ground as it snuffles at all the interesting smells and wanders along, occasionally rising up on hindlegs to investigate a tantalizing bouqet hidden on the branches above. A clear newcomer to this neck of the woods, if the unfamiliar scent wasn't enough to give that away.

And while it moves quite leisurely, with lazy zigs and zags, well, the old bear does seem quite intent on the brewery at the heart of the woods, where all that delicious honey mead has been gathered. It is a bear of little brain, and all of its thoughts focused on a greedy supper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"That... about sums it up," Dipsnig says, as his left eyebrow and left ear both perk up after he compares Dena's summary with the information in the database. "I assume you know him. Didn't he show up on that Thanksmas party SHEOL organized?"

"You guessed it." She glances around to make sure no one is listening. She wished the had violet here right now so she could scan for magical surveillance. "He came to SHEOL to get his toys promoted. He couldn't stand being in the center of attention though, would probably have fainted if he wasn't made of some ticktock machinery."

Cell

"If you don't tell me everything you know, I'm simply going to continue keeping you here until you do. So it's up to you, either you tell me the name of your patron or you will stay in this room for a very long time. As you're a demon I don't even have to worry about feeding you or giving you a bathroom so you will be completely isolated in this spot..." Tarim states calmly.

[Wildside]

Meanwhile a platypus swims through wildside by the riverside river, going in the same direction as the bear, or as close as you can get consider the river doesn't lead straight there. Compared to the bear it seems rather cautious in this part of the river. Danger lurker at every corner.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Halfling in the Playground

[Eastside Hospital]

"Step in front of me at the wrong point, young man, and you may find yourself wearing your rear like a hat," Sticks warns, not as a threat but merely to caution Tep against getting between his staff and a demon that actually means the tall man harm. He thinks a moment, his very head almost seeming to click. "I don't need a shield, Tep. Stay about two metres to my left. Try to keep me in your peripheral at all times, if your cousins decide they'd prefer our insides on the out." Though Sticks quotes an old companion with some measure of steel in his voice, his eyes flick to either side warily. Nerves. He's a great giant bundle of them.

"My little friends serve a purpose greater than to light our way," Sticks explains as he sifts through the dust and grime of the reception desk. Paydirt. A hospital directory. A dungeon map, if you will. "I, too, can see well enough in the dark if I wish to. But the lightkin are hated by most things that cower in the shadows - they'll spread out, searching, and if we find a room still dark, we can be sure something is inside that has smothered their light or driven the little motes away."

Sticks searches for whatever seems to be the centermost point of the hospital, and following that, he checks for the morgue, the children's ward, along with perhaps any rooms that seem out've place. "Come and have a look at this, Tep."

[The Toy Tinker]

"Foul glamours?" The robin chirps angrily, echoing his words. "Oh, come on. You made it. I've certainly never had the craftmanship." The little thing hops and flutters along his arm as he turns, up onto his shoulder. "And as for afflictions, haphazard transformations, and so on." He takes a deep breath, heading off the the anger in his words and starting again, in a controlled, patient tone. Like he's explaining to a schoolboy. "My duty is to test people. To weigh moral fiber. The curse was meant to do no harm, unless he abused the magic it came with. That's fair. That's quite fair. You can't give away powers like those without some balance paid. He would have been fine, completely fine, if something hadn't gone wring."

"Surely you've had dealings with things of my general order before?"
    "No, I cannot say I have," Sticks replies to the last question, stopping only to glower at his traitorous robin. He wanted his bird back, but he was willing to give it up if it meant he'd be left alone.

"If it's true that Jim abused these powers you gave him in some way, then I'll need to ask the young man about it. But I fail to see what this has to do with me, or what it is you want," the tall man sighs and leans forward, curling his fingers with a grind of metal. "So, and I have never said this more sincerely than from behind this counter, I assure you, how can I help you sir?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Wildside]

[Wildside]

Meanwhile a platypus swims through wildside by the riverside river, going in the same direction as the bear, or as close as you can get consider the river doesn't lead straight there. Compared to the bear it seems rather cautious in this part of the river. Danger lurker at every corner.
    Wildside

That is quite the crying shame for that lazy old bear, because the stockpile of mead sits in the massive, underground hive that the lion-sized bees have carved out from within the root systems of the forest. And while it's hardly a secret that it's there, the increasingly loud, angry thrum of buzzing wings so large they could break bones with a determined beat that fills the air should deter any normal animal from its greedy thoughts of sweet alcoholic supper.

And if not, the soldier bee females who climb up from beneath the ground through deceptively small holes will almost certainly do so by brandishing stingers the size of shortswords and scuttling about menacingly around it.

Meanwhile, the platypus goes unhindered by anything player controlled so long as it's in the river. Plenty of things swim through it every day without being fished out, and this is no exception. If it starts along a land trek to the mead supplies then it will receive a less ominous, but no less solid rebuttal of a single massive bee standing in its path.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

Tep chuckles.
    "While one of my greatest failures might have been failing to accurately record it, I'm at least half a millennium old. Probably more, time doesn't stay very consistent in Hell. But even so, that puts me at a bit over that description, Mister Sticks, even if you're twice that. But right then. Formation it is."
    He says, stepping to the side.
    "I must be not very good at gloom and darkness, because your little friends seem quite pleasing to me. But then, that's probably because I'm the first one to admit the usefulness of a light. Quite hard to read without one."
    He says, flipping through his book and then abruptly shutting it, as its shape twists and elongates swiftly into the shape of a gray-red mace, its head bearing
    eight "blades" on it. It glows slightly, though not in the least bit a way that might be called "softly." The glow is dim, but comes with it a very obvious ill-intent.
    The demon follows to where Sticks is pointing.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds like he'll be an easier sell," Dipsnig says. "Let's pay him a visit." He directs his wolf towards the toy shop.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Bus to Inside

"I'm not clear on the how, but APPARENTLY in another world it was a blockbuster movie. Fiction movie, that is. On one hand, kinda weird. On the other, apparently it's a good movie, so..."
    She shrugs. "Kinda want to see it, kinda scared to see it. I'll likely end up seeing it sooner or later."
    "Eh, there was gonna be a movie sooner or later. I think there are like four trid shows about UB right now, only one's a docu." Cassidy shrugs as well. "May as well go watch it. You can make fun of what they got wrong."

Spoiler: Posts
    Show
    [The Museum Heist]

Panicking slightly at Cassidy's sudden appearance and the fight, Cybil will continue dragging the Burglar underneath the earth, very glad that he apparently didn't need to breath now as their escape underneath the earth wouldn't be very healthy for a normal human being. Cassidy better stay away from that blood though, it might make her sick, or worse...
    [Museum Heist]

And the Burglar is dragged under the earth, squirming a little in Cybil's grip in his half-conscious panic. That punch certainly seems to have done worse than the fall from the rooftops. There's blood in his hair as well as his face, and his other leg makes a nasty, fleshy sound as his wounds seal and it's pulled violently back into place. His nose does the same, prompting a sudden gasp and then a cough as he draws in dirt instead of air.

Above, the crown jewels glitter on the ground amidst the broken glass and metal of the display case.

Cassidy swears and wipes the Burglar's blood off on her shirt. Well, now what was she gonna do? The crown jewels were worthless to her, but they might still be useful as bait. She rushes over to the fallen display case to crab the crown, drawing her pistol with her free hand. The gel rounds it was loaded with wouldn't be nearly as effective as that syringe, but it was something.

29. - Top - End - #299

[The Toy Tinker]

"Oh, I know you have it!" Hex snaps, and the bird leaps from his shoulder in fright. There's no fake smile to be found now. Only a deep frown, and another traced in the creases of the old sorcerer's brow. "I am well aware, and there's little point to trying to deny it - what pretenses have been made are for your sake. You've been offered every overture of a reasonable, mature discussion, and the chance to set your price." He draws himself up to his full height - taller than should be possible, a great blot of shadow against the light streaming in from the broken windows.

"Fetch me the damned curse this instant."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Flitter will take the rest of this rest of this turn to wait for a counterstrike opportunity.

Meanwhile, *Trace finally releases Seyren's arm* ((thought he was stunned via headbutt?)), scampering backwards as his fur begins to crawl in a most unsettling manner...
    Okami stands up straight, his knees slightly bent as he tries to predict the Sith's next move.

What do you want with these lands? He asks, trying to distract his opponent.
    [The Pack - Leaving Southside]

The sheath of energy condenses further around the acolyte, and begins to reverberate. The aura was barely an inch offset from his form now, visible, and blurring his outlines. On either side of his saber, boring into Okami's own eyes, the sith's dull globes wash out slowly until it looks as if the boy's eyes fade to white completely.

"Have you come here for answers? There are none." He replies, unmoving and monotonous. "My blade aches for the flesh of your youngling."

His tone dives a few octaves as his voice begins to distort, and he emits a deep, low chant over and over. The sith is otherwise motionless.