New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 16: Turn and face the strain

The Lotus Gardens

Cessie looks skeptically at Jezebel. "You have to give me more details than that. A week is a long time, especially if you have a newborn child waiting for you at home. Especially in what sounds like a very dangerous place like your world." She very much doubted it was some kind of elaborate trap, but from what she knew, Jezebels homeworld was not a nice place.

[Cell]

"I won't turn myself into the likes of you!" The voice shouts back. "I'm not going to make the mistake my brother made, so just shut your mouth!"

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

[The Toy Tinker - Merc]

"A name as good as any other," Dipsnig says, dismounting. "Now then, to business. As you might have heard, our corporation was given the contract to uphold law and order in Northside and Westside. We hired several companies for this purpose. However, our contract is only really enough to protect the general borders of our employers' territory. In order to provide... individual security, we're going to need incentives."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"It is a dangerous place, yes. But I know my way around it and I have people there we can rely on."
    Jezebel explains with a sigh as she leans across the back of a park bench, watching as people skate on a frozen lake that hadn't been there the last time Cessie had paid a visit. "We wouldn't be able to use our powers either. I'd effectively be human again while I'm there. Needless to say the thought doesn't appeal to me, but I need to go. As for the treatment, it requires you to be put in stasis for several days as drugs are put into your system. As a result, your aging would be effectively halted for a century and a half, given or take a couple decades. You'd look as you do now for the entire time. It isn't a perfect treatment as you'd still have to take care of yourself and stay healthy, but it buys you time to find another way to extend your life." She says, not really looking back at Cessie for the moment. "It'd require a lot of preparation and planning as we'd have to come up with a cover story for you and I'd have to teach you some things about my world. If people get the slightest hint of magic or sorcery from you, it could spell disaster. I have methods in mind for a quick return here once you get the treatment and we're ready to leave, but I can't just take us there right away. I'm not familiar enough with the place the treatment is at."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Aric
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    You should have never threatened my child...Sith...
    Seyren was wise to note Flitter's presence, but he may not be expecting what happens next.

The wolf teleports beside his Alpha, who grabs him by the scruff. Flitter teleports himself and Okami behind Seyren, where the martial artist lunges for the back of the Acolyte's head.

It probably won't work...but it should provide a distraction for whatever Gaerrfen decides to do...

Spoiler: Murkus
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Die, then!" Gaerrfen shrieks bloody challenge and lunges forward, eyes burning with murderous intent. He shifts grip swiftly, mid-strike, going for a fast overhanded chop with both hands. The sort of blow that can split a man at his shoulder, or should it miss, cause a nasty graze at any rate. Even against steel armor, Gaerrfen had strength enough to break a collarbone, a debilitating injury if ever there was. Semi-material as he is now, he remains just as strong.

[Leaving Southside - The Pack]

As the wolf sage leaps from behind to attack the back of Seyren's head he'll notice there's little to no reaction. Seyren's aura is withheld to contort around his body, making it impossible to sense the oncoming attack save for maybe sound alone. As Okami's limb connects, he ought to notice the extreme pain that comes from permeating the thin strip of the sith's aura, and might get a better understanding as to what exactly it is. Using the Force, the warrior was anchoring himself and causing whatever neared an inch of his body to be torn in every which direction, possible only because of how concentrated and dense it was. The Alpha might find his blow dampened, and whatever he used for the unarmed strike to blister and burn. If the appendage was clawed, then Seyren's head is indeed lacerated rather badly, but due to the anchoring he doesn't budge in the slightest where it ought to of knocked the boy prone.

Eyes still forward, he analyzes the trajectory of the phantom's blow well, though greatly underestimates the force behind it. Adjusting the hilt of his two-handed saber out just enough to where it would cause a lesser blow to glance off, brushing his outer thigh, ghostly metal sparks on lightsaber and is redirected straight into his thigh at the tip. The acolyte grimaces from the strange pain emanating from the ethereal wound. It wasn't like a normal stab wound; it felt like his quads began to decay in the area, and there was no blood.

A couple of new puncture wounds, a blow to the head, and it wasn't looking to good for the young sith if things kept going this way. He lashes out with a sudden flurry of saber strikes at the wraith with alarming speed. Each blow was only half-committed, expecting a form of counterattack, though even without much strength behind them it would be a severe wound to a normal man for a lightsaber to simply break contact. Seyren had to think. There must be some way around this, he knew. While fighting, the apprentice did his best to formulate a plan while buying time.

5. - Top - End - #335

Lotus Gardens

"That seems like a lot of effort from your side, Jezebel." Cessie replies with a raised eyebrow. "And a rather dangerous course too." Her first idea would be to discuss this over with Sakura, but on second thought she doubted that the dryad would really understand, and Sakura tended to prioritize children before everything else. Not that there was anything wrong with that but on this matter the two had very different opinions. "So is this merely repayment or am I expected to help you in turn?"

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel is silent for a few long moments, almost several minutes before she closes her eyes and gives a small sigh. "I'm afraid to go by myself, Cessie. Terrified." She whispers as she holds her arms a little closer to her chest. "I never wanted to go back and the mere thought of it makes me tremble. Not the danger, but what if he's gone or dead or doesn't recognize me for who I am? I can deal with a trap if that's what this is, but not...that." She asks, staying quiet. "I need someone to go with me in case the worst happens, or I might not have the will to come back here. The treatment would be in payment for just coming with me and making sure I agree to come back."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2014-12-28 at 01:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post

[Leaving Southside - The Pack]

As the wolf sage leaps from behind to attack the back of Seyren's head he'll notice there's little to no reaction. Seyren's aura is withheld to contort around his body, making it impossible to sense the oncoming attack save for maybe sound alone. As Okami's limb connects, he ought to notice the extreme pain that comes from permeating the thin strip of the sith's aura, and might get a better understanding as to what exactly it is. Using the Force, the warrior was anchoring himself and causing whatever neared an inch of his body to be torn in every which direction, possible only because of how concentrated and dense it was. The Alpha might find his blow dampened, and whatever he used for the unarmed strike to blister and burn. If the appendage was clawed, then Seyren's head is indeed lacerated rather badly, but due to the anchoring he doesn't budge in the slightest where it ought to of knocked the boy prone.

Eyes still forward, he analyzes the trajectory of the phantom's blow well, though greatly underestimates the force behind it. Adjusting the hilt of his two-handed saber out just enough to where it would cause a lesser blow to glance off, brushing his outer thigh, ghostly metal sparks on lightsaber and is redirected straight into his thigh at the tip. The acolyte grimaces from the strange pain emanating from the ethereal wound. It wasn't like a normal stab wound; it felt like his quads began to decay in the area, and there was no blood.

A couple of new puncture wounds, a blow to the head, and it wasn't looking to good for the young sith if things kept going this way. He lashes out with a sudden flurry of saber strikes at the wraith with alarming speed. Each blow was only half-committed, expecting a form of counterattack, though even without much strength behind them it would be a severe wound to a normal man for a lightsaber to simply break contact. Seyren had to think. There must be some way around this, he knew. While fighting, the apprentice did his best to formulate a plan while buying time.
    The Pack - Leaving Southside

Okami howls in pain, his bare hand suddenly bloody and torn. Yes, it was clawed, but the claws are severely damaged now.
    Flitter works quickly, removing the Alpha from danger...

The Sage gathers near Trace, and uses his Wand of Greater Healing )(he can only use it three times a day)( to fix his hand and Trace's throat.

Seyren likely won't notice, being distracted by Gaer, but the Pack's eyes' have all gained a red tint...
    Trace, Flitter, and Okami all crouch, preparing to leap back into the fray.

The Kei-Jin shifts into a full wolf form, giving him a greater pounce, sharper claws, and more ferocity. He's also bigger than the three feywolves in his pack.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338

Lotus Gardens

Cessie looks at Jezebel in surprise. She hadn't expected quite that reaction from the former daemon. It made sense thought with what Jezebel had told her, there she would neither daemon nor 'god'. Just the person she so disdained, her original self. "So where are we supposed to go exactly? What does it involve?" Her words are soft and soothing, as if expressing sympathy for Jezebel's plight.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

[Cell]

Certain smiles and says, "Ah, hello Azare. For what it's worth, what I say is true...I have a special penchant for people like you. And what I offer is power. The power to tear down that shop with your bare hands, get your revenge...And restore your brother. If you free me from these shackles, I offer you power, freedom, and knowledge of the truth. And...For what it's worth, I apologize for forcing myself upon you. If my experience, people offered freedom tend to reject it, even if it's in their best interests."

10. - Top - End - #340

[The Toy Tinker - Merc]

The tall man gives Viima a wary gaze, gaining his feet and making his way around the counter. His eyes flick, something inside him whirs and spools up with a grinding hum. "A business proposal? Well, ah... It's an honor to meet you I'm certain, boss Razortooth." He glances at Dena, and immediately begins to blush profusely. His cheeks turn an electric blue.

"I-I'm sure I do. It was at SHEOL. Last year. It is nice to meet you. Again," Sticks adds the last awkwardly. His smile is bashful, but tempered by Dipsnig's more serious and masculine presence. It's strange women that make him embarrass himself. "I can't claim the advantage of such fabulous names. I'm called only Sticks."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [The Toy Tinker - Merc]

"A name as good as any other," Dipsnig says, dismounting. "Now then, to business. As you might have heard, our corporation was given the contract to uphold law and order in Northside and Westside. We hired several companies for this purpose. However, our contract is only really enough to protect the general borders of our employers' territory. In order to provide... individual security, we're going to need incentives."
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [Cell]

Certain smiles and says, "Ah, hello Azare. For what it's worth, what I say is true...I have a special penchant for people like you. And what I offer is power. The power to tear down that shop with your bare hands, get your revenge...And restore your brother. If you free me from these shackles, I offer you power, freedom, and knowledge of the truth. And...For what it's worth, I apologize for forcing myself upon you. If my experience, people offered freedom tend to reject it, even if it's in their best interests."
    [The Toy Tinker - Merc]

"Funny, I can't ever remember being in SHEOL of all places." Dena muses with a smile on her lips, but does not pursue the subject further. "But yeah, it's basically a security upgrade for important merchants such as yourself who might be interested in having their stuff kept a closer watch on than the common rabble. Heck, I'll even watch over the store myself if you're really interested." The drow claims as she leans down a bit and meets Sticks gaze.

[Cell]

"Free my brother? How exactly? He already refuses the cure which I don't have." The night elf reply, her tone still filled with spite, staring at Certain coldly with her glowing eyes.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

[Cell]

Certain smiles as she says, "The power available to you would be vast. You could make the cure yourself, or seize it from whoever has it, and do what is best for your brother, whether he agrees or not. And this is but the tip of the iceberg. Surely you've seen the powers Tarim and his kind can throw around. You could do all that and more."

12. - Top - End - #342

[Eastside Hospital]

"I knew it," Sticks says freely, not bothering to whisper, his breath quavering with excitement and terror. "I have seen this hospital's assailant before. I know what this is. I know what you are! Fetch! Lost one!" He spits at the dark loudly, casting power through his Molkav hand and curling it's bladed fingers into claws. The tall man scarcely realizes Tep won't know what he's talking about.

[The Pack - Fleeing Southside]

Gaerrfen grimaces as his blow is deflected, registering only briefly Okami's howl of pain before the sage is transported to safety. Still, he feels the weight of a hit, flesh giving way beneath his steel, and with a pair mad laughs he brings his blade back up to something resembling a martial stance. He's hardly prepared, however, for such a brisk counterassault.

It's all the wraith can do to jerk his blade in front of Seyren's, deflecting each deadly blow with a flash of blue light. The weight (or lack, that is) of a lightsaber makes it far faster than any true blade, as Gaerrfen quickly learns.

[The Toy Tinker - Merc]

Sticks looks down respectfully and carefully at the diminutive businessgoblin. "I believe there was some mention of it in the newspaper..." Sticks muses. He crosses his arms, furrowing his brow. "So in order to show this favoritism you'll require some... monetary presentation, I presume?" The tall man sounds interested.

"I, uh," Sticks glances back up, quite a long ways, at Dena. His smile is large and embarrassed, silver teeth gleaming. "Their party. I meant. Last Thanksmas. And as far as interest carries..." The tall man bites his lip and thinks. The store was costing him quite a bit to repair, but Jim's blessed contractor friends had minimized those costs. It was possible he could use some additional security... "I would count myself lucky to have you watch over my shop, young lady. Just how much does this cost?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

[The Toy Tinker - Merc]

Dipsnig takes Dena's manner of selling their offer to Sticks in stride. He never argues with what works.

"A successful businessman like yourself would have to pay us a high, but entirely reasonable sum to receive full security. Of course, we're always open to non-monetary payments, if you can provide something like that."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #344

[The Toy Tinker - Merc]

Dipsnig just don't understand the subtleties of selling things. "Indeed, alternative sources of payment are always welcome and you're a wizard, no? No doubt a man with a great deal of talents, a bit like myself actually." She doesn't comment on the SHEOL party for the time being, that was a discussion for another time.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-12-29 at 12:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

Tep waits patiently a bit for Sticks to have his moment.
    "So uh, are we gonna chase it or somethin' or is the plan to just yell at it until it comes out?" asks the demon patiently.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bus to Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    "Eh, there was gonna be a movie sooner or later. I think there are like four trid shows about UB right now, only one's a docu." Cassidy shrugs as well. "May as well go watch it. You can make fun of what they got wrong."
    Mira nods, and then thinks. "What was UB? Also, is trid a unit of currency, or like television?" Maybe trid is like the internet? Something-Grid? Docu is likely a documentary, of course.

17. - Top - End - #347

Spoiler
    Show
    [The Toy Tinker]

"You misunderstand. I want you to offer me something. Something you think is worth this curse's return. I know nothing of how capable you are, or your magics, and frankly I'm much more interested in physical curiosities. Artifacts? Gadgets? Devices?" Sticks leans forward and steeples his long fingers, producing a series of clicks. "Any such thing as that?" The tall man would love to make his birds sing so easily, but he'd rather not tamper personally with the forces of wild magic. He would have to stick to his old methods, and they'd still have to sound a bit too much like a music box when he did.[/COLOR]

"Oh, those are offers." His hand dips into the front pocket of his suit, although Sticks may gain the impression he's reaching far further. With a flourish, Hex produces a small crystal sphere enmeshed in a lattice of gold, tapering at each end to a thin spire ringed by flecks of ruby. "You pick up such interesting things, over the years. This - And he turns it in his fingers, the facets flashing dark and opaque as the light rolls over them. "This comes a very long way indeed. It can bring a sort of life to trinkets, closer than you've reached on your own. The only rule is, and you must remember, it's only an illusion. Tell anyone, and the magic is gone."

He steps forward, planting the bauble on the desk before the clock-lich. That the motion brings him to loom over Sticks, well, that's a happy accident. "That should be sufficient, then."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Dragon Inn]

"Honey?" Cybil raises an eyebrow. She personally wouldn't be able to stand the stuff after this plan had been done. "We could order in some I guess, but it isn't on the menu." The erath gestures towards the murlock innkeeper who waves at them.
    As he mentions her diet she lowers her voice a bit. "I can eat other things, but animal fat does crazy things to me. Human fat is how I stay human fittingly enough."

[Museum Heist]

"Go back? Guess they wouldn't expect that. But we just managed to escape, there might be police there now, or worse." Cybil wouldn't hesitate to go back however, a knight never would, no matter the odds.

[The Dragon Inn]

"Oh." Sounds like she'd be stuck in the snake-form, and that's something the Burglar isn't eager to see. It freaks him out a little, to be honest. "Have you ever tried, I dunno, they make this stuff in Skyside, uhm, actually I don't know quite what it's called. But, like, a substitute? I mean, it's your choice and all. It'd just be kind of nice if we could, you know, go to a restaurant where we could both eat, and uh, the waiter isn't, uh, making jokes about eating me."

If Flo was joking.

[Museum Heist]

"Well, um.." The Burglar pauses for a moment, and holds a hand up for silence, listening for the sound of sirens or wingbeats. "I guess, er, the police would be like you? Earth vampires? Um, we could try the rooftops, and they couldn't sense us up there, right?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-12-30 at 12:41 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

18. - Top - End - #348

[The Dragon Inn]

Cybil stares at the Burglar and then looks down, making a fake-sounding cough sound with her hand covering her mouth. "Uh, yeah. We could try that, it would be nice." She replies while still holding her hand against her mouth. She then seems to clear her throat and looks over at the Burglar with a faint smile. "I mean, I'd like that. Not sure how'd it work though, it was explained to me that we need a certain part of the soul to consume."

[Museum Heist]

"Not in Westside, probably more mercenaries, or the police you have around here." Cybil replies. "So the underground route is probably still safe."

[Cell]

"Then if you're so powerful, how come Tarim managed to defeat you, dark one? Or needed to conceal yourself, hm? Why didn't you offer all this if you had such a good cause?" She asks, not sounding very impressed.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

[Cell]

Certain nods and says, "A headbutt is a headbutt, and even as a human, I am not the most physically resilient being in the universe...And Tarim has a very hard head. As for my concealment, I could have razed this citadel to the ground and turned the survivors, but it was not worth the risk of the injury it posed. For all the power at my, at our, command, we are not invincible. And attacking a citadel like this would be foolish. And as for why I didn't offer, I think I explained that already. Usually the response to my offer is trying to murder me, good cause or no. I'm glad you're wise enough to see past that."

20. - Top - End - #350

[The Dragon Inn]

"Oh jeez. That was, uh, um -" Looking absolutely flustered, the thief looks away and buries his head in his hand, groaning inwardly. This is why he's better off keeping his darn mouth shut.
    "Um.." If he could somehow borrow Cybil's trick and vanish into the ground, that would be nice right now. "That was totally the wrong thing to say. I meant, well, I'd thought about it, that's all. Because I was thinking, y'know, we should go somewhere or just, um, hang out sometime?" The Cat kind of half-smiles, as if he's not entirely sure he's supposed to.

[Museum Heist]

"Uh, yeah. That's easy then. Think you can, er, just grab her?" That would certainly make this all a lot easier. "She had some sorta drug. Probably, um, some sorta tranquilizer I think."

21. - Top - End - #351

[The Dragon Inn]

Cybil simply nods. Trying to sound as courteous as possible. This was very important. "Uh, yeah. I'd like that... too." She clarifies. "As long as the soul part I need is in what you mentioned." Nope, nothing awkward about this at all.

[Cell]

"And you do all this just since you want people to become like you? You take all these risks for purely ideological reasons?" Azare asks skeptically.

[Museum Heist]

"I could attempt to grab her, sure. I don't think I would have much trouble resisting that sleeping-drug of hers." Cybil replies confidently. "You want to come along?"

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

[Cell]

Certain nods and replies, "What great liberator hasn't?"

23. - Top - End - #353

[The Dragon Inn]

"Uh, yeah. I'll look into that, I guess." It is nearly terminal levels of awkward, and the Burglar glances away, down at the menu again. "So.. Whatever happened to, um, Lavthos?" Actually, that's a pretty good question. "Is he still, uh, hiding out from the crazy glowing chimera things?"

[Museum Heist]

"Guess I'd better, y'know?" Just in case they've sent the mercenary along with some way to resist being pulled underground. He offers Cybil his hand, taking a deep breath. This next part is always a little unpleasant.

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [The Toy Tinker - Merc]

Dipsnig takes Dena's manner of selling their offer to Sticks in stride. He never argues with what works.

"A successful businessman like yourself would have to pay us a high, but entirely reasonable sum to receive full security. Of course, we're always open to non-monetary payments, if you can provide something like that."
    [The Toy Tinker - Merc]

Dipsnig just don't understand the subtleties of selling things. "Indeed, alternative sources of payment are always welcome and you're a wizard, no? No doubt a man with a great deal of talents, a bit like myself actually." She doesn't comment on the SHEOL party for the time being, that was a discussion for another time.
    "A great many talents I have, indeed. Centuries worth," Sticks assures quickly, keeping his arms crossed and peering between the two mercenaries. Such a strange way he has to look at them. Both species of a size he's unused to speaking with. It only makes him slightly more nervous in his mannerisms, but hecan maintain a conversation at any rate. "I can offer my considerable services, if that will suffice. If it won't, I have a number of valuable maps, tomes, artifacts... permanently disposable or merely borrowed, whatever be your will. I do believe I am in need of some guard, at any rate. I can't be present at all times, and I most assuredly am not invincible."

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Eastside Hospital

Tep waits patiently a bit for Sticks to have his moment.
    "So uh, are we gonna chase it or somethin' or is the plan to just yell at it until it comes out?" asks the demon patiently.
    "I... I assumed it would be lying in wait to bring us our doom! Aren't you lying in wait, silly thing?" Sticks voice dies in a whine toward the end of his question. He grimaces. No action. No nothing. He doesn't want to look foolish, he can't have that. "I hate the chase." He grumbles, tightening his grip on his spear and moving forward into the hallway, lightkin rolling before him like the tide.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post

"Oh, those are offers." His hand dips into the front pocket of his suit, although Sticks may gain the impression he's reaching far further. With a flourish, Hex produces a small crystal sphere enmeshed in a lattice of gold, tapering at each end to a thin spire ringed by flecks of ruby. "You pick up such interesting things, over the years. This - And he turns it in his fingers, the facets flashing dark and opaque as the light rolls over them. "This comes a very long way indeed. It can bring a sort of life to trinkets, closer than you've reached on your own. The only rule is, and you must remember, it's only an illusion. Tell anyone, and the magic is gone."

He steps forward, planting the bauble on the desk before the clock-lich. That the motion brings him to loom over Sticks, well, that's a happy accident. "That should be sufficient, then."
    Sticks does not retreat from Hex's gaze this time, when he goes a'looming. His eyes narrow, his arms uncross. He stands. "I believe that it will." The tall man says, keeping his voice even. "Wait here, sir, I'll have what you need momentarily." Don't meet his eyes, don't talk any further, just treat him like a customer... that was a good call... keeps the old man from shaking.

There is, twice, a crank and creak of footsteps on ancient stairs once Sticks has disappeared into the back room. After the second, he returns, stepping out've the archway to Hex's right with a clear, seemingly empty jar in hand. Wizard's Glass. And inside, to a wizard's eyes, there is an easily discerned curse that most assuredly belongs to Sir Hex.

"There. I hope you discern whatever it is you're looking to," the toymaker says, holding his now-gloved hand outstretched with the jar in it's thin fingers. He wants to add some vague rendition of 'don't come back', but Sticks won't push his luck.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

[The Toy Tinker - Merc]

"We can always use enchantments, and those maps might be of interest to our members and license holders, if they can lead them to interesting and lucrative locations," Dipsnig says. "We can draw up a contract now, for convenience's sake." Also to make sure Sticks doesn't have time to reconsider.

26. - Top - End - #356

[The Dragon Inn]

Oh thank the suns, another subject. "My master has retreated from the world. He only calls on me occasionally now." Cybil admits. "He's not hiding, he's simply not... interested anymore. He probably realizes his time in public is over. There isn't much more he can do."

[Museum Heist]

The erath nods. "Let's go then. Hold on tight." And then she shifts into her vampire form and drags the burglar underneath the earth back to the museum to see if the mystery woman who attacked them is still there or not.

Eastside Hospital

As Sticks and the lightkin moves forward through the corridor there is suddenly a barrage of sharp thorns flying through the air out of the darkness, each one the length of an arrow. They will easily piece through clothing, flesh and bone and even light armor. In addition, these thorns are poisoned with a conceptual poison, capable of effecting beings that don't have a human-like body such as demons, angels and spirits. It won't effect beings that are outright immune to poison however.

If anyone is paying attention to anything else than the deadly projectiles flying through the ar they will see two gleaming eyes and outlines of a disturbingly human-like face staring at them from the darkness, grinning hideously at them.

[Cell]

"Hmph, you're an extremist. Not an liberator. Liberators do not force the freedom down the throats of their charges as you were doing." Azare insists.
    But as they talk, her mind-pal suddenly speaks up. I've have new orders. If you promise to help our next endeavor, I can spend some of my energies to let you out of here. The demon says.

[The Toy Tinker - Merc]

"That sounds excellent Sticks." Dena replies with a smile. "I can check them out while I'm guarding the place. I'm somewhat of an expert on magical items actually." You didn't buy and use as many as she did without learning something about them.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

Tep frowns and reacts immediately, pumping his powerful wings. A gust of wind kicks up between himself and the flying wall of projectiles, hopefully deflecting them from their course.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

[Cell]

Certain shrugs and says, "That really depends...Is wanting to free those who never dreamed of the freedom they could achieve a crime?" Meanwhile, she mentally responds, Oh really? What is that?

29. - Top - End - #359

[The Toy Tinker]

Hex watches the lich go with a cool indifference, and purses his lips to a low whistle once he's out of sight.
    Down from the rafters his robin flutters, to alight upon the edge of the box from whence it came, and lifting another's wing over its own, the accursed bird nestles in to its rest. The glamour and the sharpness in its eyes seems to fade as it goes still, so that it could not be told from any other toy.

And then Hex waits, a smile ready on his face for Sticks' return.

He takes the glass as it's offered, and lifts it to the light with an appraising eye, clicking his tongue in satisfaction. "Yes, all in order. Now, that would be our business done." He extends his own hand, insistent on the proper manners. "Just do remember. You must never tell anyone."

[The Dragon Inn]

'Suns' sure is an odd thing for a vampire to pray to.

"I dunno, uh, you don't think Malec - uh, Northside, you don't think they're gonna get, well, shaken up?" The thief suggests, obviously more than happy to keep the conversation moving away from that, uh - that. "Er, they're kinda shady as anything and all? I mean, heck, if I said some of the things I know, y'know, uh, that would probably be enough. Vigil'd be on 'em in seconds." He shrugs, sinking back into his seat, disaster successfully averted. Kinda.

[Museum Heist]

And the Burglar is dragged beneath the earth.

Yup. He's pretty much just along for the ride here.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Cessie looks at Jezebel in surprise. She hadn't expected quite that reaction from the former daemon. It made sense thought with what Jezebel had told her, there she would neither daemon nor 'god'. Just the person she so disdained, her original self. "So where are we supposed to go exactly? What does it involve?" Her words are soft and soothing, as if expressing sympathy for Jezebel's plight.
    Lotus Gardens

"Home. To my hive world. About three floors below my House is a secret lab that my father uses for his own treatments. I was going to go under the disguise of returning with new contacts, including you, but we'll have to work out a true cover for you." Jezebel explains as she takes a bit of snow in her hand and begins to sculpt it into a figurine with her fingers. "Do you know how to sing?" She asks. "If so, it will be easy for me to think of something. The problem will come when my father realizes what we're doing. He's not going to take kindly to either his treatment center being used, nor to me taking the only human heir to the family we have."

Quinn's Apartment

Quinn will eventually find the apartment that was given to her, though it is far from empty. Service staff await within, having apparently been notified through some means that she was coming. A large array of fine finger foods and drinks have been set out and she'll find that the room itself is nice and warm, likely from the fireplace that lays within. "How may we be of service?" The head maid asks, hands in front of herself. "And should we be expecting anyone else to prepare for?"