New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 16: Turn and face the strain

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel can't help but give a solid laugh at that before shaking her head and trying to nudge Cessie with an elbow gently. "Even if I turned into the smexy elf?" She asks with a wink, joking around before leaning her head back again, smiling this time. Yes, she actually said 'smexy'.

Light's Heart

"I'll head to Malechenar next and see what they think."
    Max admits before giving a bit of a sigh. "Better than I feared, worse than I hoped I suppose. That said, if all the others say the same thing, that they'll wait for someone else to step forward first, I ask that you consider doing so." He adds before turning and offering a business card to her. "Thank you for your time. If something is decided one way or another, just leave a message at the number. If you need my more mundane services though, I'll gladly make time in my schedule."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn's

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Jezebel doesn't say anything for a moment, instead smiling and stretching before moving to get out of the tub. "The fire should be warm enough to dry us off." She suggests, and unless stopped, will walk right out into the living room.
    It's a moment longer before Quinn smiles and shrugs gently. When in Rome...

And it's not like the view is bad, to be certain.

She rises from the tub, smiling at the maids. "Thank you. You did a wonderful job," she says, looking to each of them warmly, before following Jezebel out to the living room to settle in front of the fire.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Cessie rolls her eyes but refrains from actually answering that. Better change the subject. "Well, it looks like I've managed to put you in a better mood at the very least." Cessie says with a small smile. "And you know, there isn't any difference talking with you know than before besides that I don't have to look up so far to see you in the eyes, Jezebel." The sorceress then remarks.

Light's Heart

"Getting different groups working together will never be easy I'm afraid." Daeva replies as she accepts his card. "Especially ones as different as these. Malechenar and us hold very different ideologies so I can only wish you good luck with that. I'll contact you if anything changes however."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

Tep frowns and clenches his hand into a fist. The spectral hand tries to adjust its grip onto the body of the horrible thing and crush it completely.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #455

[The Dragon Inn]

"Oh, uh." His fingers drum on the edge of his hat, and it's a moment before the thief screws up the courage to ask what's on his mind. "Can I ask, y'know, why you still work for him? Uhm, for Lavthos. I mean, if that's an alright thing to, uh, to ask about? Seems like he doesn't really, well, doesn't have any way to keep you, if you decided to run off or whatever. Or go fulltime, with the, the whole super thing." 'Super'. Not supervillain, quite. "I, uh, I noticed you look a little different, from the others I've seen, anyway." He adds, with the prayer this isn't stepping on another conversational landmine.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

6. - Top - End - #456

[The Dragon Inn]

"I still owe loyalty to him, Milos." Cybil explains. "Not to mention that I'm still depended on his money, I don't actually have another income nor have I held any other kind of job in my life so..." She shrugs. "But what do you mean 'different'?" Her eyebrows raises. "Do you mean the fact that I'm pale like you?"

7. - Top - End - #457

[The Dragon Inn]

"Yeah, uh, that." He falters again, actually looking up and meeting her eyes for a moment to make sure this isn't the wrong way to go. "And once we actually, um, if we get one of these heists done, well, I don't think you should worry about money. I've actually, uh, I've been thinking about moving out of Amen. Not really quitting, erm, but definitely taking some distance." Like, say, enough distance to sneeze without worrying about an actual demon stealing his soul. Or to sleep on a bed instead of a mattress without worrying what's underneath.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2015-01-14 at 03:06 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458

[The Dragon Inn]

Cybil does not comment on her race as it probably would make Milo uncomfortable. "My master calls AMEN a 'joke' and advised me to leave it as soon as possible. I haven't actually stayed in the building enough to really officially leave it though. Why do you still want to be a member of it?"

9. - Top - End - #459

[The Dragon Inn]

"Uh, I guess, it's kinda about ambition? Like, this whole lifetime wish thing? And I know, y'know. It's really silly, but it's all, um, uh - like you were saying about fairytales? Me, um, there's the people out there, and they just - just do whatever, really. Whatever, uhm, and anything they want. And I - For the third time in as many minutes, the Burglar runs out of words. Eventually, he shrugs. It's an expression that has to fill in a lot of meaning to his mumbling. "Guess I really wanted that." It's good to do what you want.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Barbarian in the Playground

Northside Museum

Cassidy has moved since her encounter with those two, specifically up to the second floor of the museum. She flicks on the commlink on her arm and makes a call to MERC headquarters. Assuming she gets through to Dipsnig, she says, "Boss? Run's gone drek, target had help. Some lady that could tunnel through the ground. I could use some support if you've got any nearby, they'll probably be back for another round."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

[Street Outside Sticks'/Northside Museum]

"Got it. I'll head there in person, I'm nearby," Dipsnig responds, then looks up at Dena. "Cassidy got into trouble trying to grab that Cat Burglar guy. I might as well go there personally. I could use the exercise."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"Thank you, Cessie. I really needed this."
    Jezebel admits. "For all I love the "debauchery" as you call it, it's times like this that make me feel better." She explains before letting out a small sigh. "Would you like me to open a portal for you to go home? That or I can walk you back if you'd prefer company. Or not. Your choice. I just know that it is getting late is all and your home is rather far from here."

Light's Heart

"Thank you." Max says before taking a few steps to the side and transforming. Despite being an incubus, his transformation is abrupt and violent as his demonic form literally bursts from his skin and his clothing melts off of him. It takes just a few moments but a rather large and hulking bat-like demon is hunched over, wings on the ground and claws carefully lifted from the pavement. He's larger than an ox, but despite all of that, his Fox Bat like head is rather...cute. His fur is bright red-orange striped with brown and his large ears twitch next to the two pairs of nubby horns that rest above his large eyes. The demon gives Daeva a small nod before picking up his briefcase with one of his feet and gives a powerful blast from his wings to fly off towards his next appointment.

Quinn's

When Quinn gets there she'll find Jezebel laying in front of the fireplace, enjoying the warmth and the furs that line the ground in front of it. Once more she has a drink in hand though it is brandy this time. "Would you like me to stay the night?" She asks, not minding one way or another. "If not me, the maids can attend to you if you prefer."

13. - Top - End - #463

Lotus Gardens

"I probably shouldn't take more of your time if you like to make yourself more comfortable as 'human'." Cessie replies. "But if you need company don't hesitate to call or visit me again. I know I can use some company myself these days." The keep seemed so empty without Harnel around and Sakura so busy with her children.

Light's Heart

Daeva nods respectfully before watching the demon fly off, wonder what she had just gotten herself into here.

[The Dragon Inn]

"Just being able to do whatever you want? So if you managed to steal enough money to last a lifetime, would you retire?" Cybil asks curiously, wanting to know more about Milo's mindset.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Halfling in the Playground

[Eastside Hospital]

Now that's hardly fair, Sticks' thinks. The thing's like a gecko. It's this his brain is still spouting as the horror bears down on him, as his hands are already in motion, saving his skin on their own just one more time.

The tall man is engulfed headfirst, screaming, and the creature may very well feel Sticks' bones and frame give way beneath it's jaws. A spine cracks, oil and ugly blood spill putrid and vile into the chimera's toothy maw. That's just how potent the illusion is.

To Tep's eyes, it will seem that Sticks steps out of his own body, as though shedding a cocoon, backing away from his dying self and straightening as he flicks his wrist, upping the octave on those agonized cries his doppelganger continues to make. The second tall man, the one not being devoured, lets his cloak fly open, throwing out its patchwork pattern to an enormous width. His teeth are gritted, no doubt biting back a scream of terror and disgust, but his eyes are set with an unholy anger.

From Sticks' open cloak a swarm of clockwork creatures flies. They are half-finished projects - birds without complete frames, flying metal skeletons lacking guts or skin, tiny horrors with torn wings and wretched red eyes. Dozens of them rush out in a buzzing fury, attempting to cover the already distracted chimera. As the illusory Sticks dissolves in it's mouth like ectoplasm, the tall man's miniature monsters begin to bite and tear, burrowing into the flesh, spreading a field of ruinous power. Connecting them invisibly are strands of magical energy, a bondage and a barrier. If needed, a way to kill. But for now, he wishes only to contain the monster.

A crude, mobile magical circle. A winged monster trap. One of his more amusing ideas, to be sure.

[The Toy Tinker - MERC]

Still she continues to compliment and torment him! Begone woman! He cannot flush much deeper without beginning to embarrass himself further. The high blue color climbing his cheeks glows somewhat as he says, "Good day, Mr. Razortooth, Miss Xifhara. I look forward to, ahm, seeing you again." He recedes into himself a little and averts his gaze, fingers clattering together as he pretends to look for something in his desk drawer.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2015-01-15 at 11:37 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #465
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler: Aric
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    The Pack - Leaving Southside

Taunting wolves is never a wise course of action...
    Seyren will learn much from this encounter, should he live to see the next day!

The Kei-Jin pounces at the Sith, his speed defying his nature.
    All that the acolyte should be hearing is growls, however, he may find the growls above him far more concerning.
    Flitter teleported above Seyren, claws extended and diving towards his head, whilst Okami leaps for the man's legs and Trace takes whatever is least protected.

Wolves don't fight for honor. They fight for family.

Spoiler: Murkus
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Pack - Leaving Southside]

Gaerrfen gathers himself, seeming to grow slightly larger with the very effort, and he storms forward like a tempest of steel. In a glittering crescent strike, he tries to carve a new valley in Seyren's gut. One boot thrown forward, shoulders and back bent low, his powerful form seething with the shadows of the dead. He is the very image of war at it's bleakest and most beautiful. His eyes trail spectral candlelight through the air as he moves.

The feeling of defeat began to close in around the acolyte. He wasn't able to goad the Wolf Sage into transforming back into his hybrid state. The enemy surrounded him. There wasn't a good way out of this, he realized. Blood will be shed. Who was it that told him never to let his passion go astray? Who told him that letting cold logic fuel his strikes would lead to his demise? That's right. He was no Jedi. Even his passive, lackluster excuse of an ex-master knew that much. No...he was a Sith Apprentice. Rage. Rage against the darkening of his days. Memories shot about his head in the fraction of time as he saw the phantom blade dropping like a guillotine.

The Force will free you, young one. Never forget that.

Seyren's eyes flared, driving holes into the blade as he took a knee and met the blow holding his saber with both hands horizontally. Sparks showered the air, the crack of their weapons echoed loudly and the ground beneath the apprentice fractured in kind. Okami's claws catch again in Seyren's 'armor' and blood trickles out of the new row of stab wounds. Two other wolves rake lengthy gashes across his unprotected head. The three wolves would again find their appendages dampened and damaged by breaching the sith's aura. If it wasn't for such an aura, he'd be long since dead at this point, but the rivets of open flesh aren't exactly just scratches either. Crimson streams run down the back of his head as his face pales. After the blows land, one concerning aspect any of them might notice is Seyren's eyes are no longer cloudy. He screams. The acolyte screams at the top of his lungs, his aura dissipating, and his eyes returned to their natural bright red tint. He doesn't give the wolves a chance to recover as he pivots and kicks at the wraith, using the momentum to unleash a swarm of rampant, vigorous and rage induced slashes at Okami for the first time. The sith's face is contorted in his wrath as he continues to scream at them all.

His were the hands that foiled Seyren's planning.

His were the hands holding the blood of his pack for bringing them here.

His is the neck that Seyren would snap.
    Last edited by Solidarity; 2015-01-15 at 12:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Solidarity View Post

The feeling of defeat began to close in around the acolyte. He wasn't able to goad the Wolf Sage into transforming back into his hybrid state. The enemy surrounded him. There wasn't a good way out of this, he realized. Blood will be shed. Who was it that told him never to let his passion go astray? Who told him that letting cold logic fuel his strikes would lead to his demise? That's right. He was no Jedi. Even his passive, lackluster excuse of an ex-master knew that much. No...he was a Sith Apprentice. Rage. Rage against the darkening of his days. Memories shot about his head in the fraction of time as he saw the phantom blade dropping like a guillotine.

The Force will free you, young one. Never forget that.

Seyren's eyes flared, driving holes into the blade as he took a knee and met the blow holding his saber with both hands horizontally. Sparks showered the air, the crack of their weapons echoed loudly and the ground beneath the apprentice fractured in kind. Okami's claws catch again in Seyren's 'armor' and blood trickles out of the new row of stab wounds. Two other wolves rake lengthy gashes across his unprotected head. The three wolves would again find their appendages dampened and damaged by breaching the sith's aura. If it wasn't for such an aura, he'd be long since dead at this point, but the rivets of open flesh aren't exactly just scratches either. Crimson streams run down the back of his head as his face pales. After the blows land, one concerning aspect any of them might notice is Seyren's eyes are no longer cloudy. He screams. The acolyte screams at the top of his lungs, his aura dissipating, and his eyes returned to their natural bright red tint. He doesn't give the wolves a chance to recover as he pivots and kicks at the wraith, using the momentum to unleash a swarm of rampant, vigorous and rage induced slashes at Okami for the first time. The sith's face is contorted in his wrath as he continues to scream at them all.

His were the hands that foiled Seyren's planning.

His were the hands holding the blood of his pack for bringing them here.

His is the neck that Seyren would snap.
    The Pack - Leaving Southside

Okami is still in his wolf form, so he cannot access his hat or wand of healing.
    This puts he and his pack at a disadvantage.

Realizing the danger, Flitter teleports to Trace and moves the tracker wolf away from the battle, where he tries to not support weight on his damaged front paws.

However, before the wolf can get to his master, Okami takes a slash to the ribs from Seyren's lightsaber. It's not a deep wound, but due to the nature of the weapon, the Kei-jin has been effectively removed from this fight. The Sage is teleported beside Trace, who stands in front of the brown and white wolf, offering him protection.

Keep in mind, Flitter is also injured, with fractured claws and torn paws...this fight would have to be finished by the wraith.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Eastside Hospital

Tep frowns and clenches his hand into a fist. The spectral hand tries to adjust its grip onto the body of the horrible thing and crush it completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Eastside Hospital]

Now that's hardly fair, Sticks' thinks. The thing's like a gecko. It's this his brain is still spouting as the horror bears down on him, as his hands are already in motion, saving his skin on their own just one more time.

The tall man is engulfed headfirst, screaming, and the creature may very well feel Sticks' bones and frame give way beneath it's jaws. A spine cracks, oil and ugly blood spill putrid and vile into the chimera's toothy maw. That's just how potent the illusion is.

To Tep's eyes, it will seem that Sticks steps out of his own body, as though shedding a cocoon, backing away from his dying self and straightening as he flicks his wrist, upping the octave on those agonized cries his doppelganger continues to make. The second tall man, the one not being devoured, lets his cloak fly open, throwing out its patchwork pattern to an enormous width. His teeth are gritted, no doubt biting back a scream of terror and disgust, but his eyes are set with an unholy anger.

From Sticks' open cloak a swarm of clockwork creatures flies. They are half-finished projects - birds without complete frames, flying metal skeletons lacking guts or skin, tiny horrors with torn wings and wretched red eyes. Dozens of them rush out in a buzzing fury, attempting to cover the already distracted chimera. As the illusory Sticks dissolves in it's mouth like ectoplasm, the tall man's miniature monsters begin to bite and tear, burrowing into the flesh, spreading a field of ruinous power. Connecting them invisibly are strands of magical energy, a bondage and a barrier. If needed, a way to kill. But for now, he wishes only to contain the monster.

A crude, mobile magical circle. A winged monster trap. One of his more amusing ideas, to be sure.

[The Toy Tinker - MERC]

Still she continues to compliment and torment him! Begone woman! He cannot flush much deeper without beginning to embarrass himself further. The high blue color climbing his cheeks glows somewhat as he says, "Good day, Mr. Razortooth, Miss Xifhara. I look forward to, ahm, seeing you again." He recedes into himself a little and averts his gaze, fingers clattering together as he pretends to look for something in his desk drawer.
    [The Toy Tinker - MERC]

"Farewell." Dena replies with a nod before she exits the shop along with the goblin. As Dipsnig gets a call she is quick to listen in to the conversation. As Dipsnig finishes and turns to her she grins. "Exercise, eh? Pretty ballsy considering it's a guy that been eluded us and the government of this place for months. What exactly are you planning to do?"

[Eastside Hospital]

The fetus is crushed in Teps hand, letting out a gushing sound as it's body squishes apart, spraying blood and bodily matter all around.
    The creature it once were a part off ignores it however, it's eyes shining with cruel satisfaction as it starts swallowing Sticks illusion. It expression quickly changes to shock and dismay once Sticks contraptions starts attacking it and what it was about to devour simply melts in it's mouth. It let's out a howl in rage and shakes it's entire body violently to keep the critters from getting and hold on it. But with only three legs it can't retreat and the attacks suddenly makes it lose it's balance, falling to the floor as it attempts to bite one of the contraptions.
    "MURDERER! FILTH!" It roars at Sticks in rage. "YOU AND FOX WHORE WILL SUFFER!"

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel flicks a hand and a shimmering portal appears nearby. "I'll stop by once or twice a week until it is time I think. I'll have to give you the clothing and some other possible supplies anyway, but I'll bring lunch as well if you'd like." She promises before smiling. "Have a good night, Cessie. And sweet dreams."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Eastside Hospital

The spectral hand vanishes. Tep steps forward, careful to avoid stepping in anything nasty.
    "Need any help?" he offers to Sticks, currently content to let the Mage fight the monster.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

20. - Top - End - #470
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn's

When Quinn gets there she'll find Jezebel laying in front of the fireplace, enjoying the warmth and the furs that line the ground in front of it. Once more she has a drink in hand though it is brandy this time. "Would you like me to stay the night?" She asks, not minding one way or another. "If not me, the maids can attend to you if you prefer."
    Quinn pauses for a moment, thinking...before nodding and, with a smile, settling next to Jezebel, stretching out and enjoying the warmth of the fireplace on her skin. "I think I wouldn't mind it if you stayed," she says, relaxing and finding a glass of her own slipped into her hand. "And I think I could get used to the spa-and-fireplace treatment," she adds, giggling softly. "It's...very luxurious. Indulgent. It's been a long time since I just relaxed like this with someone."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #471

[The Dragon Inn]

"Uh, maybe? Or, no, not really. Prob'ly not. I mean, it's a weird job and all, er, but this- He waves a hand at himself, at the silly hat on his head. "Jeez. It's what I'm good at. What would you, uh, what's your plan, for whenever we catch a break?"

22. - Top - End - #472

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel flicks a hand and a shimmering portal appears nearby. "I'll stop by once or twice a week until it is time I think. I'll have to give you the clothing and some other possible supplies anyway, but I'll bring lunch as well if you'd like." She promises before smiling. "Have a good night, Cessie. And sweet dreams."
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [The Dragon Inn]

"Uh, maybe? Or, no, not really. Prob'ly not. I mean, it's a weird job and all, er, but this- He waves a hand at himself, at the silly hat on his head. "Jeez. It's what I'm good at. What would you, uh, what's your plan, for whenever we catch a break?"
    Lotus Gardens

Cessie stands up and turns to Jezebel. "I should probably have you and Sakura meet some day if you decide to come over. You would probably like her."

[The Dragon Inn]

She shrugs. "I honestly haven't thought about it all that much. Probably make sure I'd never have to feed off someone living, ever. Maybe if I get enough money I could buy a lifetime supply of cloned meat..." She smiles slightly at that. "You must think I'm bizarre."

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel gives a wry smile. "I hope it goes alright. I realize I don't have a favorable reputation among most people." She admits with a shake of her head. "But I'd like to meet her if that's what you wish."

Quinn's

Jezbel lays back and stretches out, setting her glass aside as she lays the back of her head on her arms, using them like a pillow. "It has been a long time for many things for both of us." She admits, eyes closed. "Sorry if it spoils the mood, but I've wondered. Is there anything you regret? I may have choices I wish I could have done better on, but I can't say I really wish I could change them. They made me what I am after all." The goddess says, reaching out with one arm to wrap around Quinn's shoulders if she wishes.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn's

Jezbel lays back and stretches out, setting her glass aside as she lays the back of her head on her arms, using them like a pillow. "It has been a long time for many things for both of us." She admits, eyes closed. "Sorry if it spoils the mood, but I've wondered. Is there anything you regret? I may have choices I wish I could have done better on, but I can't say I really wish I could change them. They made me what I am after all." The goddess says, reaching out with one arm to wrap around Quinn's shoulders if she wishes.
    Quinn relaxes, letting Jezebel's arm slip around her, and she closes her eyes as she thinks. "Hmm. Well...honestly, I'd say about the same. If I changed things...there are some things I look back on and think I could have done better, but then I wouldn't be here, where I am, would I?" she says softly. "There were a few things in my youth, but...I suppose I turned out alright for them." She smiles, sighing softly. "We are what we are, and if we had chosen different, we wouldn't be ourselves. I suppose the important thing is to enjoy ourselves, where we are."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #475

Lotus Gardens

"I certainly don't to force you two to meet Jezebel." Cessie remarks at Jezebel's choice of words. "I merely thought you'd like to meet one another as you might find quite a few things in common." Maybe. Sakura and Cessie technically didn't have that much in common but she got along very well with the dryad so she couldn't see why Jezebel couldn't get along with her as well.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Southside, side of the river]

LIGHTNING LIZARDS
    FREE
    CHEAP TO GOOD HOME
    So reads a sign near a tall cardboard box which is occasionally crackling with sparks.
    A young man whose outfit is white on white on white, from his bowtie to his shoelaces, is sitting next to it, seated on a folding stool.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #477

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Dragon Inn]

She shrugs. "I honestly haven't thought about it all that much. Probably make sure I'd never have to feed off someone living, ever. Maybe if I get enough money I could buy a lifetime supply of cloned meat..." She smiles slightly at that. "You must think I'm bizarre."
    [The Dragon Inn]

See? I don't really, um, jeez, not even a clue. It's going to be, having money is going to be different. And y'know, like I said, I'm really not the one to, uh, cast the first stone on weird." He picks up the menu again, although the promise of burgers and stuffed portabella mushrooms don't hold his attention. Maybe something vegetarian? "Uh, honest? You're really, well, the first person to get this whole supervillain deal." And that buys a whole lot of leeway on whatever weirdness she brings of her own.

Even 'eating people' weirdness.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Orc in the Playground

Malechenar Castle, exterior.

A Knife Vampire wearing a brown cowboy hat, a brown shirt, aviator shades, black trousers and cowboy boots walks into the castle. He'd heard from the grapevine that there were other vampires about the flying castle and knew he had to come and see it right away. He summoned a flying creature and mounted it. "Go." That word causes the creature to lift off in the direction of the flying castle. Soon enough the castle gets closer and closer...
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-01-19 at 12:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479

[The Dragon Inn]

"Really? And I'm not even sure how well I get it. I always dreamed of doing all these things but when it comes down to it, all that I'm really good at is following other peoples orders." She pauses. "Maybe I'm more of a minion than a supervillain."

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia is alone in the manor for once, Irena attending a "MASSIVE MONSTER JAM" involving trucks crushing smaller trucks that she figured Nadia wouldn't be interested in. But as she sits there doing whatever she's doing, the doorbell at the gate rings. If Nadia bothers checking the cameras outside she can see a familiar person standing outside their gates. Tzlolth herself, wearing a strangely subdued grey gown. The goddess has her hands folded together and has a very somber expression as she turns to look into the camera.

Malechenar Castle, exterior.

As the vampire flies closer to the castle he will be approached by living flying gargoyles who ass seems very intent on watching him. They do not stop him however, just escorting him as he makes his way towards the castle. But before he can actually land upon the beautifully carved, if gothic, building, he is approached by another watched, a misshapen shrunken head which somehow is flying in the air.

The mouth opens, and words are uttered, but as it has no tongue the words are probably not it's own. "You are most fortunate that we did not think you as an enemy, flying stranger. Or you would not have made it this far. Not many dare to approach the castle in such a brazen manner so I ask you this, why are you here stranger? What purpose has caused you to simply approach Malechenar uninvited?" The smooth voice is a woman's, very much unlike the hideous head it's talking from.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia is alone in the manor, but she'd prefer not to be. She is pacing, worried like she always is when Eliseo is late coming home. Every time it happens she can feel dread gripping her, even if he's always came home safely before.

Seeing the person she hates most outside her gate does nothing to make her feel better. Especially with Eliseo late. Nadia doesn't even do her the courtesy of meeting her at the door, but instead speaks through the speaker. "What do you want?" Her tone is cold, and she can't keep all her distress out of it.