New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Deific Obedience and boons for Azathoth

There isn't much written on Azathoth, yet I wish for my cleric to have him as chosen deity. Now the problem is, I might pick PrC Evangelist later, and for the powers I'll have to do deific obedience. Inner Sea Gods does have obediences for all major gods, but not for the Outer gods. Now according to what is written, I'd say it'd have something to do with injuring oneself.

About Evangelist Boons however I've even less of an idea.

The first boon shouldn't be hard, let's name it Chaosbringer (sp) and have the spells Protection from Law 3/day, Shard of Chaos 2/day and ... hmm ... was thinking Word of Chaos, but that's too strong, compared to other gods' boon, would Agonizing Rebuke work?

I've no idea about 2nd and 3rd boon though.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Deific Obedience and boons for Azathoth

Well, if we look at Nethys, you scribe incomplete spells on blank parchments to spur people to study magic to complete the incantations. For Pharasma you lay bones in a spiral and put a newborn's name on one end, a recently deceased person's name on the other.

For Azathoth, I can see leaving parchments around with fragments to cause insanity. Or just scrawling nonsense on walls or trees.

For boons, right, the first one isn't too hard. I'd just go to the domains and pick three domain spells, one first, one second, and one third. Seeing as Word of Chaos is seventh level, that's right out. You could probably get away with Rage or Fly pretty easily.

For ideas on the other two, check out Dark Tapestry domain powers or revelations.

Brain Drain looks like it'd work well for one of the two.
    Last edited by Baroncognito; 2014-11-22 at 06:21 AM.