Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] Mortal World IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Izumo - ???]

Realizing that the doublespeak was going to get tiresome pretty soon, the two figures merge together into the form of what looks like a Shinto priestess with red, vulpine ears on top of her head, and golden eyes. She has long, flowing black hair... And her beauty is otherworldly.

It is also lost on the pair, given that one has no defined sexual preferences while the other distinctly prefers men.

"I don't believe I've introduced myself. My name is Kikunoha. I'm Kuzunoha's younger sister."
    [Izumo]
    ???

Naito, at least, definitely seems to take notice of Kikunoha's appearance, staring for a few seconds and pinking visibly before looking in another direction.

"Nice to actually meet you."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo is at least somewhat awed, giving a slight nod. But of course, it is more a natural response than one of attraction.

"...um. Hello. I'm Katsuo." With that, he waits for Kikunoha to press on, his goal in sight.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

Momoka takes the lamprey and doesn't hesitate, letting it slide down her throat.

...welp. That is certainly a thing. She gives a polite cough after the action, sipping her tea after a moment like nothing happened. "Thank you. So, are there any other... events you have planned that you would care to make me aware of?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo-???]

Kikunoha gives a cute, endearing giggle as Katsuo presents himself.

"I know who you are, silly! I may not be able to look into minds, but names are something easily enough learned.

I'm glad my great-nephew has such good friends, though. He must be very fond of you."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #334
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo blinks. "...ummm. Right. And, well, I can't read minds either. But we've been through a lot. I've never really had friends like this." Which is nice in one light and a little sad in another, but let's not split hairs.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #335

[Izumo]
    ???

Naito just stares at the ground as they walk.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Orc in the Playground

"Ara? No sarcastic barbs this time, Naito-chan?

Won't Shinji's feelings get hurt if you don't acknowledge his friendship?"
    Kikunoha teases.

"At least Katsuo-kun here is honest about it. And I think the two of you are set to make even better friends in the future."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

7. - Top - End - #337

[Izumo]
    ???

"Mmh."

Naito doesn't even look up.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

[Tokyo, Von Geister Manor]

Von Geister chuckles.

"Anything your commander might feel like interfering in, you mean?"

"Well, my wife and I will have diner in a very well recommended restaurant here in the city tomorrow. French cuisine, it will be the first time we try it, I heard they cook frogs and snails."

And another, lower grunt.

"If you mean anything relating to the Seireitei proper. Well. Take this back to him."

"My only concern with the Seireitei as it stands is putting his head on a spike. Other than this little luxury, I must say I am as done with the lot of you as I have ever been."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo looks to Naito for a moment with some worry, but doesn't say anything. "...anyway... I don't know if we have a lot of time, Miss Kikunoha. I don't think Shinji is in danger, but we were in the middle of a... well, a war, kind of. So... every moment counts. Um... I don't mean to interrupt you or push you along... but..." He flounders a bit at where to go without sounding rude, knitting his mouth nervously.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

Momoka's look hardens somewhat as she sips her tea, parsing what Von Geister said. "...I do hope you will not actively pursue this desire of yours. The Seireitei is already against you. I am afraid killing the Commander would only complicate your position further. I take from your phrasing that you will not do so, but the warning doesn't hurt."

"...what is more, his grudge for you aside, I believe him to be a key to changing the Seireitei's political hierarchy, and I believe that to be in both of our best interest." There is a slight tick in her speech that indicates a churning of mental gears, but she doesn't vocalize it, obviously counting on Von Geister not to ask. It didn't seem like a hostile thought, at least.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #340
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo-???]

"We're already moving as fast as we're able, Katsuo-chan.

This walk of ours is not literal, nor is the time consumed in doing so. The isen-sekai my sesshouseki generates distorts time and space - the former more than the latter. Even if we started at a dead run right now, we would still not reach our destination any sooner.

Besides, I have to work at compressing the energy as best as I can so it's safe for the two of you to carry me back."

She looks back and smiles, a smile worth a thousand starlit nights.

"I understand your concern for Shinji, but rest assured. You're not going to be late for anything. This much I can guarantee."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo looks to Naito for a moment with some worry, but doesn't say anything. "...anyway... I don't know if we have a lot of time, Miss Kikunoha. I don't think Shinji is in danger, but we were in the middle of a... well, a war, kind of. So... every moment counts. Um... I don't mean to interrupt you or push you along... but..." He flounders a bit at where to go without sounding rude, knitting his mouth nervously.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

Momoka's look hardens somewhat as she sips her tea, parsing what Von Geister said. "...I do hope you will not actively pursue this desire of yours. The Seireitei is already against you. I am afraid killing the Commander would only complicate your position further. I take from your phrasing that you will not do so, but the warning doesn't hurt."

"...what is more, his grudge for you aside, I believe him to be a key to changing the Seireitei's political hierarchy, and I believe that to be in both of our best interest." There is a slight tick in her speech that indicates a churning of mental gears, but she doesn't vocalize it, obviously counting on Von Geister not to ask. It didn't seem like a hostile thought, at least.
    "Don't worry about it too much. I have plenty of other priorities to handle before I can devote anything to that small extravagance."

"That said, if I so much as catch a whiff of his stench in the wind of this planet, then the hunt is on."

"And I do believe, my dear, that I am presently the apex predator on this plane of existance."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo gives an absentminded nod. He was really just trying to take the focus off Naito.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

"...one could certainly say that with no small amount of truth."

"However, given he will be of some benefit to my plans, I hope you will not begrudge me for acting in his defense. For the time being."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo gives an absentminded nod. He was really just trying to take the focus off Naito.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

"...one could certainly say that with no small amount of truth."

"However, given he will be of some benefit to my plans, I hope you will not begrudge me for acting in his defense. For the time being."
    "We do what we must, child. The caterpillar does not begrudge the leaf for growing poisonous. Nor the bird begrudge the caterpillar for taking the poison for its own."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #344
    Orc in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

Satomi's eyebrow quirks. "An interesting analogy. I understand your meaning, but I cannot say I have heard a metaphor like it."

Momoka nods, but is less perplexed. "...quite unique, indeed. At any rate, I believe I've gotten all I can from this conversation." Putting down her teacup, she stands and gives a respectful bow. "I should hope that the next time we meet, it will be more akin to this than preventing the Commander from slaying you and making things considerably more complicated. With that, she opens a garganta, calmly walking through with her hands in her sleeves.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Orc in the Playground

[Somewhere in the void]

Shortly after she steps out of the Garganta, but before she steps into a Senkaimon, Momoka can feel something pressed against the inner folds of her kimono. In the absence of pockets, this would have to do.

It's a note. A set of coordinates. And the words "meet you in fifteen minutes. S."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #346

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Izumo-???]

"We're already moving as fast as we're able, Katsuo-chan.

This walk of ours is not literal, nor is the time consumed in doing so. The isen-sekai my sesshouseki generates distorts time and space - the former more than the latter. Even if we started at a dead run right now, we would still not reach our destination any sooner.

Besides, I have to work at compressing the energy as best as I can so it's safe for the two of you to carry me back."

She looks back and smiles, a smile worth a thousand starlit nights.

"I understand your concern for Shinji, but rest assured. You're not going to be late for anything. This much I can guarantee."
    [Izumo]
    ???

Naito tilts their head to the side.

"What if I started running and everyone else kept walking?"

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo-???]

"You would briefly run off into the darkness, lose sight of us, then find yourself running up to us again.

I'm literally unfolding time and space in order to get us to the sesshouseki. I had to fold it when I realized the very presence of my remains could have an adverse effect on human life around me. Still others managed to stumble into it... some I was able to send back. Others weren't so lucky.

If you run on ahead, all you'll do, metaphorically speaking, is run around the edges of the folded-up space and end up in the same place you are in now."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2015-05-04 at 11:13 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #348
    Orc in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (City Limits)

Momoka steps out into a lightly wooded area, reaching for the senkaimon key on her person (after all, people would probably complain if she opened a garganta directly from the Ghost King's mansion) when the note is slipped into one of the pockets of her lab coat (she did have one on!).

She closes her eyes with a slight smile, pulling it out and looking it over before incinerating it with a burst of fire. She puts the senkaimon key back, and opens another garganta to the coordinates requested. She could afford a side-trip.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Yoshiro's eyes flicker open, head buzzing. There was no pain. But... a sense of absence.

His left side itches, and subconsciously, he tries to scratch it.

But nothing happens. He turns his head.

...it comes back to him. His arm is gone.

He looks around the room, calling out with a raspy, tired tone. "H-hello?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #349
    Orc in the Playground

[France, Cote D'Azur]

Wow.

Nice sunset. Quiet, isolated beach, too.

Setsurou knows how to pick his dating spots. No sign of him yet though.

[Ikari - Kuzunoha Sanctuary]

A drone-like Shikigami buzzes above Yoshiro's head. He looks to be in something resembling a hospital bed.

Doc Tobioka walks out from behind a screen.

"Good to see you awake. Try not to move around too much. You were in surgery only three hours ago, and had lost a lot of blood..."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

[Cote D'Azur, France]

He certainly does. Momoka chuckles, shaking her head.

"...very cute." As she waits, she slips out of her sandals, bare feet slipping into the warm sand. A wonderful sensation.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Yoshiro winces as he tries to sit up against Tobioka's recommendation.

"...Yuuta. And... Misaki. Where are they?"

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo listens quietly, not having much to say here. But experimentally, he reaches out a bit to the side, seeing if he can feel anything.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #351
    Orc in the Playground

"Jailed... and missing, respectively. He's in our care. But not in any position to do further harm.

How are you feeling?"

[Cote D'azur, France]

Someone puts a flower on her hair.

"You have no idea."

Setsurou is there. smiling. But it is a sad kind of smile.

He offers his hand. "Walk with me?"

[Izumo - ???]

"It doesn't really work that way, sweetie." Kikunoha chuckles. "You'd need a much longer arm to feel it from where you are. If you tune your senses to the spirit matter around you, you'll understand better. Sight isn't ideal for this task."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Orc in the Playground

[Cote D'azur, France]

Momoka takes Setsurou's hand after a moment, leaning down to grab her sandals in her other hand. She is quiet for a space as they begin walking.

"...I sense you're displeased in some capacity."

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo pulls his hand back. "...um... right. I guess I look pretty silly..." He admits this with no small amount of humility, smiling nervously.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Yoshiro's remaining arm raises groggily as he holds it over his forehead, eyes closing and face twisting in pain.

He could hardly believe it. The entire time, Yuuta was working for his mother. It was for what he believed in, for Yoshiro's own good. But it still felt so wrong. And yet, how could he blame him? In a way, Yuuta was right. Yoshiro couldn't reign in the extreme elements of the Moto clan. His mother was likely dead, betrayed by her own agents in the wake of this opposition.

What is more... he failed one other thing. Misaki was gone. And no doubt, she blamed herself for Yoshiro's state. Part of his mind screams. 'Told you so!' And yet... that is not what causes him to let out a pained scream.

He's just so damned weak. He was being played the whole time. And now, he had a protector he didn't know if he could trust, and Misaki... the girl who's heart he was supposed to protect... was gone. Who knows what sort of self-destructive thing she would do.

And now not only was he spiritually useless, but he was a cripple too.

Tears drip from Yoshiro's eyes as he sobs, pulling at his hair.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (???)

A nondescript girl in a leather jacket slipping into an apartment complex on the outskirts of Tokyo was nothing out of the ordinary.

The apartment, an artist's loft with no decorations, just a bed and a few other articles of furniture, is a simple safehouse.

Misaki collapses on the bed, shuddering and sobbing. She'd held it in.

She preferred the emptiness to this heartbreak. But try as she might, she couldn't go back to that place.

She hurt Yoshiro. He probably hated her. She had to die.

But not without taking out whoever else would hurt him.

For now... she lets her pain out, resting somewhat from the long journey she just made on foot, even with hirenkyaku.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

[Cote D'azur, France]

Momoka takes Setsurou's hand after a moment, leaning down to grab her sandals in her other hand. She is quiet for a space as they begin walking.

"...I sense you're displeased in some capacity."

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo pulls his hand back. "...um... right. I guess I look pretty silly..." He admits this with no small amount of humility, smiling nervously.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Yoshiro's remaining arm raises groggily as he holds it over his forehead, eyes closing and face twisting in pain.

He could hardly believe it. The entire time, Yuuta was working for his mother. It was for what he believed in, for Yoshiro's own good. But it still felt so wrong. And yet, how could he blame him? In a way, Yuuta was right. Yoshiro couldn't reign in the extreme elements of the Moto clan. His mother was likely dead, betrayed by her own agents in the wake of this opposition.

What is more... he failed one other thing. Misaki was gone. And no doubt, she blamed herself for Yoshiro's state. Part of his mind screams. 'Told you so!' And yet... that is not what causes him to let out a pained scream.

He's just so damned weak. He was being played the whole time. And now, he had a protector he didn't know if he could trust, and Misaki... the girl who's heart he was supposed to protect... was gone. Who knows what sort of self-destructive thing she would do.

And now not only was he spiritually useless, but he was a cripple too.

Tears drip from Yoshiro's eyes as he sobs, pulling at his hair.

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (???)

A nondescript girl in a leather jacket slipping into an apartment complex on the outskirts of Tokyo was nothing out of the ordinary.

The apartment, an artist's loft with no decorations, just a bed and a few other articles of furniture, is a simple safehouse.

Misaki collapses on the bed, shuddering and sobbing. She'd held it in.

She preferred the emptiness to this heartbreak. But try as she might, she couldn't go back to that place.

She hurt Yoshiro. He probably hated her. She had to die.

But not without taking out whoever else would hurt him.

For now... she lets her pain out, resting somewhat from the long journey she just made on foot, even with hirenkyaku.
    [Izumo, Japan]

Kikunoha giggles, a sound refreshing like a spring breeze. "Don't worry about it, sweetie. Your curiosity is one of the things that makes you humans so endearing.

We'll be arriving shortly... brace yourselves."

Soon enough they spot a harsh, dark red glow emanating from a jagged, oval-shaped stone the color of blood red, resting on a stone altar.

"Be gentle with me, okay?"

[Cote D'azur, France]

"It actually pains me more to need to have this discussion with you.

Momo..."

He grasps her hand and brings it up to his chest.

"Do you trust me?"

[Ikari, Kuzunoha Sanctuary]

Though Tobioka gives Yoshiro his space, and he has his time to cry, it might surprise him to hear a familiar voice in encouragement.

It's coming from behind a screen, and the young Moto heir can discern the shadow of a teenager.

It occurs to him that beyond the screen, the body of young Kamogawa Shinji is still resting.

"It is still much too early to give up, Moto Yoshiro-kun."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Orc in the Playground

[Cote d'Azur, France]

Momoka sighs, slipping her glasses off and rubbing her eyelids with her free hand. Not out of exasperation, but closer to exhaustion. When she takes her hand away and opens her eyes, there's a hint of sadness behind them to reflect upon Setsurou's own.

"...to say I am not a person who trusts others normally would not be inaccurate." She pauses, letting this sink in. "There are things that I do not tell you, and possibly never will, Setsurou."

"But it is not because I do not trust you." She looks straight into Setsurou's eyes at this. She is sincere.

"Trust does not involve being perfectly candid with one another. Not in a practical sense. Or else, why would the division you lead exist? More than any other person, Setsurou, you are one that I trust. If I did not... I would not have let you so close."

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo looks to the sesshouheki with some wonder before looking to Kikunoha, nodding slightly. "...do we just... take it?" He doesn't seem to be aware that he's the one that is supposed to carry it. Nonetheless, he bows respectfully. "And, thank you."

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Yoshiro pulls his hand back, letting out a chuckle with no real amusement. Just more sorrow.

"Awaken to torment me more, Shiki?" For once, there isn't really any venom behind his rebuke. He's just venting. "What could you possibly say to all of this? I failed to protect anyone. My mother is dead. Misaki... I would not be surprised if she will follow soon. And Yuuta... I don't... I don't even know what I accomplished. He's right. I can't lead the Moto clan. It would be better to let it fall."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-05-06 at 11:50 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo - ???]

"In a practical sense, yes." Kikunoha notes. "Be very careful. I'm holding it back as best as I can, but direct contact with the Sesshouseki has an unique way of affecting one's mind. Steel your heart."

"That is inaccurate on several levels.

For one, your mother is not dead.

Secondly, Yuuta did not betray you. Not in his heart of hearts. He did what he did because he saw no other way to protect you. He was cornered. Those who are cornered often will undertake desperate acts. You were right to save him, believe it or not. You'll see why in time.

And thirdly, it's your love that will ultimately save Misaki. And please don't waste your breath pretending you don't love that woman. You're a terrible liar.

Moto Yoshiro... you are more important to your clan, and more capable than you know. And that is true regardless of your physical or combat strength. That, too, will become clear in time."

[Cote D'Azur, France]

Setsurou cups Momoka's face in his hands. He looks her deep in her eyes, as a couple of lonely tears stream down his cheeks.

"Then why are you trying to do everything by yourself once again?

This is exactly the same as Izanami and the displacement of Soul Society all over again. You rush out to do everything alone. You risk yourself, you make your decisions, all the while believing your life to be the only loss if you should fail.

That's not a bad way to live... but only if that were true.

Momoka..."

Setsurou reaches to embrace the petite scientist tightly.

She can hear his heartbeat.

"I've said this more than once, and perhaps it has lost some impact from repetition.

But it bears mentioning how much I love you.

And for that, your life is no longer yours alone. You no longer have the right to risk it in the belief that you have nothing to lose. We walk this path together. If you need a path cleared through a mountain, you and I will move it together. If there's an ocean to cross, you make the boat and I will row. If there's a beast in our path, point to me, and it dies.

There is nothing I prize more than your smile. And I will brave the deepest flames of Hell to protect it if I must."

He reaches to entwine his fingers with hers in both hands as he continues to lean against her.

"I will share in your burden. Not because I don't think you can shoulder it, but because I want to. I will help you, no matter the risks we face, because your happiness means more than anything else in the world to me.

And I won't take no for an answer, so there!"
    The spy tries to add a little levity to the seriousness of his words with a short chuckle through his tears.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Orc in the Playground

[Cote d'Azur, France]

Momoka sighs deeply, allowing Setsurou to speak his mind, flowing through his motions like water.

"...I cannot be happy until the world we devoted ourselves to has evolved, Setsurou. And... it has been upon my shoulders to make it so. And... such an evolution may not come peacefully."

"...what I want... it will dismantle your family's assets. Koutetsu's. I seek to balance the scales. Perhaps... I am biased, because I have been scarred by nobles, I cannot see this clearly, but I do not seek to do this out of vengeance." She leans in tiredly, whispering something.

Spoiler: KUROIMAKEN ONLY
    Show
    Spoiler: ARE YOU KUROIMAKEN?
    Show
    Spoiler: If no, buzz off.
    Show
    Spoiler: If yes, continue!
    Show
    "...after all, without hypocrisy, how can I hate those who in essence share my purity of blood? How can I seek vengeance against what I am?"

[Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo takes a step forward, looking to Naito. "...I'll take it, Naito. If anything happens... make sure it gets to Shinji, okay?" He offers a smile, stepping forward. If his friend doesn't stop him, he'll reach forward as he reaches the altar, and the timelessness of this place extends even further as he moves to take it...

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

"I don't know what you expect me to do. I don't..." He chokes on his words.

"...with all due respect, Yoshi-kun, I don't think you know what you want."
    Misaki's insight into his feelings. She seemed to know him better than he knew himself.

"I don't..."

Yoshiro sighs, giving Shiki a look that roughly equates to 'you're killing me'. Then, he feels a tug on his arm, looking to Misaki as she looks up at him, not with the eyes of a killer, but with the eyes of a young woman. No baggage, no blood on her hands. Just fear, and genuine affection.

"...you don't have to say yes, Yoshi-kun. I know you're uncomfortable." For a fraction of a moment, he feels... something. He's not sure. But it isn't fear or disgust. Or even pity.
    Misaki knew how he felt about her. And in her own way, she was willing to weather his fear, his distrust, perhaps even his hate... for that one in a million chance of love.

"I don't..."

Yoshiro rubs his temple. He closes his laptop, puts it on the table, and sits on the bed next to Misaki, pulling the covers down and pressing down on her back firmly, providing a back rub to the girl. She'd won. Check mate. Royal flush.

Misaki doesn't exploit the situation, however, simply sighing. "...thank you... Yoshi-kun..." Somewhat indicating he'd relieved the pain somewhat... he still continues. Maybe he didn't pick it up? But... she didn't want him to stop. Her eyes close as she surrenders to Yoshiro rubbing her back... and eventually she falls into a content sleep.
    Her occasional bits of vulnerability...

Misaki bites her lip. "...I'm not sure I know who 'myself' is. I've pretended to be so many people, and catered to your mother so much that I don't even know if I have hobbies or anything... me."

"...I am sure you'll find something, Shizuka. You're quite smart."
    "...I don't..."

She's trying... Or maybe Kuzunoha coached her somehow? I can't really say, but it seems real...

Misaki turns to him again, her mood dampened but not extinguished, as the jousting match is still going through the preparations. "You didn't have to come here if you didn't want to, Yoshi-kun... but I'm glad you did." She pauses. "...does that mean, maybe, that you wanted to come? Even though you didn't know what would happen, if we'd have anything to talk about or whether Shiki-san would set up more ridiculous things for us..."
    "I... I don't..."

"Yoshi-kun, you don't have to do this. You don't... have to fight for me, or your pride, or for anything at all. I'll fight for you, you know that! I don't want to see you getting hurt..."

Yoshiro lets out a dry chuckle, wiping a dab of blood from his lip. "I know I don't, and this is completely and utterly pointless and stupid. But I'm still going to do it."

Misaki sighs. "...but why?" Yoshiro lifts himself up to a sitting position, taking a breath. He had a red mark on the opposite side of his head, now, and a small trickle of blood from his mouth; nothing serious, just an unavoidable risk of physical confrontation such as this. Despite the pounding in his head, he manages a slight smirk as he stands, picking up his blade and ushering her back with one hand.

"Because I am the one that is supposed to look after you. Not Kuzunoha Shiki."
    "...I..." Yoshiro grasps his forehead, trembling. "I can't... I can't let her..." He brings his arm down, hand clenched in a fist as he shifts his weight, trying to turn around and stand up.

"...I have to find her. And... and tell her." Tell her what? He's kind of dropping bits out of his sentences, but... there's an obvious context to what he's trying to say as he shakily puts his legs down on the floor.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2015-05-07 at 01:58 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

"Spoken like a true man.

Tobioka-sensei. He's gonna need an aide."

Tobioka silently rushes to Yoshiro's side. He helps the young man up. It isn't so much weakness as the nausea and dizziness of the anesthesia and pain killers that makes him unsure on his feet. It isn't particularly easy to power through, and Yoshiro has next to no experience with even trying. But it's hardly impossible.

"I'll have one of my Shikigami accompany you - he'll be able to keep the pain down while your system flushes out the medicine. But be quick about it. Keeping a spell up at such long distances isn't easy. If you don't find her and come back before he's dismissed, you're going to be in a world of pain."

"Have our Tokyo branch prepare an instant transit spell for his return and someone to accompany him.

I'm going to give you a list of likely locations Misaki should be at. You'll get a hit on at least one of them."

[Cote D'Azur, France]

"You really think I actually care about my family's assets? My heritage has never been anything but a burden to me. I had to spend my whole life pretending to be someone I'm not so that my family would not define me.

If nothing else, my family has weathered worst crises. And I obviously don't give a rat's furry butt about the Koutetsu.

I'm going to help you, and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

He whispers back towards her.

Spoiler: STRAWBERRY ONLY
    Show
    Spoiler: NOT APPLE
    Show
    Spoiler: NOT ORANGE
    Show
    Spoiler: NOT TOMATO
    Show
    Spoiler: ONLY STRAWBERRY
    Show
    "Don't let their standards cloud who and what you really are. You are no more defined by your purity of blood than by your scars alone, just as I am not defined solely by the farce I've been forced to undertake.

I already knew that, by the way... I just wasn't aware whether or not you did."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358

Spoiler
    Show
    [Izumo, Japan]
    (???)

Katsuo takes a step forward, looking to Naito. "...I'll take it, Naito. If anything happens... make sure it gets to Shinji, okay?" He offers a smile, stepping forward. If his friend doesn't stop him, he'll reach forward as he reaches the altar, and the timelessness of this place extends even further as he moves to take it...
    [Izumo]

Naito just nods.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

[Izumo - ???]

Kikunoha vanishes as Katsuo takes hold of the enigmatic stone. For a moment, nothing happens... but then, a bright red radiance blinds them both as the stone reacts to Katsuo's presence...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It's your show, Strawbs. I'm not gonna dictate how it affects Katsuo.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360

[Okinawa, Japan]
    (Asahi Apartment)

Umeko deflects the offer with a hand wave. "...it's fine, really. It doesn't help anything to stress if I'm paying for everything, or if you were paying for everything. We're in this together, right?" An exceedingly logical point, as ever. "...and it's okay, Nao. Just wanted to make sure you were doing all right. " She leaves it at that.

"...and... how long do you think you need to wake up? Maybe an hour or two? I'd like a shower." She thinks for a moment. "...and, up for a hike, maybe? It's out by that river we used to camp at. We obviously can't camp out there, but... a hike would be nice. Could pack some lunch." She nods, seeing how receptive Naomi is to these ideas.
    [Okinawa, Japan]
    [Asahi Apartment]

Naomi pauses between bites, chewing carefully and thinking. Her mind is still a bit scattered, but she nods at the mention of a picnic.

"...yeah, lunch in the open sounds nice. We haven't been down there in a while. Give me fifteen to get my hair under control and some hiking clothes on before you shower, and I'm with you, okay?" The last of the pancakes disappear quickly, Naomi gulping down her drink to wash them down and vanishing into the bathroom after snatching a few articles of clothing from her bags. Dirty pieces were starting to accumulate a small stack next to them, but that was a trouble for laundry day. Naomi had never really been shy about changing in front of Umeko but... odd, how things change.

Still, she's out quickly, closer to ten minutes than fifteen. Hair a little damp from a quick washing, and pulled back into a copper ponytail, with a simple ensemble of a bright green T-shirt with some silly anime joke on it (a trophy from a recent convention visit, Umeko might note) and some simple blue sweatpants. Naomi's phone gets pocketed off the nightstand where she'd left it, but she give her girlfriend a grin as she does so - looking a lot more herself than she had the past couple days. Still a little sleepy, but still, she's used to waking up fast when there's a reason to.

"...okay, good here! Sorry. Uh. Sharing a bathroom is going to take some getting used to. I'll just wait here, no rush!" The laptop gets propped open again as Naomi gives Umeko a little wave.
    Last edited by Selinia; 2015-05-08 at 04:44 AM.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew: