New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Warblade Help

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Warblade Help

Ok right now hes lvl 2 and has Shield Spec and Shield Ward, Maneuvers are: Stone Bones, Steel Wind, Moment of Perfect Mind, and Leading the Attack. Stances: Leading the Charge. He will be entering a Homebrewed PrC called Knight of the Wilds which among other things gets him two bonus feats in the near future. Also he is based off of Berethor from LOTR Third Age.

So, i have no clue what feats to take. Hes got his 3rd level feat coming up as well as the two bonus feats (which can be any fighter feat as long as pre regs are met, as well as Track, Wild Cohort, and Natural Bond) in the near future. Now the shield is entirely defensive, so no Shield Slam or Agile Shield Fighter (this is my choice). I was thinking about doing some Mounted Combat, or maybe taking Wild Talent and then taking Deflective Armor (Armor bonus to touch AC anyone?) but im just not sure. Honestly the campaign is very RP heavy (its been 5 sessions and i still havent killed anything) so there is always that to consider.

As always thanks a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Warblade Help

i always make sure i have blind fight, and quick draw if im not trying to majorly optimize, they are rather useful, and if you can get spellcraft somehow, blind fight lets you get pierce magical concealment / protection feats later on.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Ok right now hes lvl 2 and has Shield Spec and Shield Ward, Maneuvers are: Stone Bones, Steel Wind, Moment of Perfect Mind, and Leading the Attack. Stances: Leading the Charge. He will be entering a Homebrewed PrC called Knight of the Wilds which among other things gets him two bonus feats in the near future. Also he is based off of Berethor from LOTR Third Age.

So, i have no clue what feats to take. Hes got his 3rd level feat coming up as well as the two bonus feats (which can be any fighter feat as long as pre regs are met, as well as Track, Wild Cohort, and Natural Bond) in the near future. Now the shield is entirely defensive, so no Shield Slam or Agile Shield Fighter (this is my choice). I was thinking about doing some Mounted Combat, or maybe taking Wild Talent and then taking Deflective Armor (Armor bonus to touch AC anyone?) but im just not sure. Honestly the campaign is very RP heavy (its been 5 sessions and i still havent killed anything) so there is always that to consider.

As always thanks a bunch.
    Improved initiative would be a good fighter feat. What are your stats? Is Power Attack on the table? What about Improved Trip?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Improved initiative would be a good fighter feat. What are your stats? Is Power Attack on the table? What about Improved Trip?
    Stats are as follows: Str 17 Dex 15 Con 14 Int 16 Wis 12 Cha 14

Imp Init is a good one, and one i always forget, and im one handing so Power Attack probably isnt the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

What about the shield slam line? Improved Shield bash, Shield Charge, and Shield Slam? Together when you charge you hit with your shield, if it hits they make a save again daze and you get a free trip attempt. If you are a warblade you also get the advantage of Improved Shield Bash, which will let you TWF with your shield and blade without losing your AC bonus.