New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Puzzle & Dragons 9: Of Godfests and Golems

Finally got my U&Y uvod. Should get some more friends and start practicing for the harder descends... just as soon as I get the last MM I need to get Echi her awakenings, that is. (Echi was the first mon I maxed, and still isn't awoken. It bugs me having an unawoken sub on the team. ) And somewhere along the line I think I'll get a Haku team together for KoG farming.

I'm not touching silver REM on the phone account, but I might roll once on the tablet. Rei Sirius and Wee Jas would both be welcome subs for light coverage on U&Y (Rei since I could combine him with Karin for a third full board combo when needed). Problem is there's not a lot else in there I want, so might not be worth it.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    And I'm totally gonna toss some rocks at this silver thing when I can. I can't help but read silver gentleman's egg machine as some kind of elderly dating service though – it's just Chester and Wee Jas sitting around out an host club, all like "... Ladies."
    See, this is all I see:

Spoiler
    Show

...though Chester is lacking in the neckbeard department.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Banned

God damn you, now all I can see is his hat screaming WAAAASSSAAAAAAAAAP

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

God damn you, now all I can see is his hat screaming WAAAASSSAAAAAAAAAP
    It's the Sorting Hat on spring break!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Chester is just the most adorable mon. ...except maybe Haku.
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pal rolls were nice to me this morning.

Spoiler: Hello Jewels
    Show
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2014-12-08 at 01:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Through shenanigans, I have finally reconciled my desire to have a PAD avatar and an OotS avatar simultaneously.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

Alright. Let's do this. This is happening.

Spoiler: Mama needs a new pair of box space
    Show

I have the preemptive buyer's remorse though. What do you guys think? Yea? Nay? Will I regret it?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright. Let's do this. This is happening.

Spoiler: Mama needs a new pair of box space
    Show

I have the preemptive buyer's remorse though. What do you guys think? Yea? Nay? Will I regret it?
    I think Wonder Woman's cheap enough to evo that you should level/evolve 3 of them for awoken skills.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

I wouldn't, if only because of the eventual return of DC Collab with associated Uvos.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Banned

The best argument so far has been "you will field a team of all wonder women. It is your destiny".

12. - Top - End - #132

Oh man I sure wish that there was any indication AT ALL in game that the Ancient Dragons' technical dungeons (after Mechdragons) were only 4 colors per dungeon. That would have been really nice to know before i spent 50 stamina entering with U&Y...

13. - Top - End - #133
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Otravyat View Post
    Oh man I sure wish that there was any indication AT ALL in game that the Ancient Dragons' technical dungeons (after Mechdragons) were only 4 colors per dungeon. That would have been really nice to know before i spent 50 stamina entering with U&Y...
    Oh man, yeah. They used to be "wood only, no wood" right?

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, they deny their weak color (ie: Caol-Ila's dungeon has no light orbs).

Are they still awesomesauce for Moltdra drop rates?

15. - Top - End - #135

Those technicals still exist. These are another set of formerly biweekly dragons that got made permanent. Sky dragons and legendary dragons in Normals, mechdragons and ancient dragons in technicals. I'm running them in the hope that Zeus unlocks afterwards, same as completing the dragon normals unlock Heroes and Hera. Plus its decent experience, big chunks, and right now its decent plus eggs as well.

I assume that back when they were special dungeons they would announce the requirements for each dungeon in the main dungeon list, where most special requirements are listed next to the dungeon name. But here they don't all have the same orbs, so they can't put one overarching requirement on the list. Therefore they put no requirements at all. Just annoying since its impossible to clear them with my U&Y teams and was 50 stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post

Naw not the weak color. The RGB ones are traditional tricolor. The L dungeon denies R/D. The D dungeon denies B/L. Not sure on the drop rates since I didn't get through the dungeon and I don't have the stamina to keep going.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2014-12-08 at 03:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Banned

Those technicals still exist. These are another set of formerly biweekly dragons that got made permanent. Sky dragons and legendary dragons in Normals, mechdragons and ancient dragons in technicals. I'm running them in the hope that Zeus unlocks afterwards, same as completing the dragon normals unlock Heroes and Hera. Plus its decent experience, big chunks, and right now its decent plus eggs as well.
    Yeah, that's what I remember. Or maybe it was indeed weakness denial. I could have sworn the fire one had water orbs, but maybe that's just orb shift memory.

17. - Top - End - #137

Yeah, that's what I remember. Or maybe it was indeed weakness denial. I could have sworn the fire one had water orbs, but maybe that's just orb shift memory.
    See my above edit. Its my fault for not looking up the dungeons beforehand. I honestly assumed that I could just cruise through them and that was a mistake.

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Yeah, but I'm going to be continuing to run that dungeon for a while - I'll have more opportunities for Muspelheim. If it was something that meant I had to put in another 500 stamina for stuff I wasn't going to do anyway, then I'd be annoyed.

As a nice side benefit of doing that dungeon, I collected skill up material over the weekend, got the following :

2 Mystic Flame Knight (1 skill up)
    7 Tyrannos and 7 Muspelheim (4 skill up) - have 3 more Tyrannos, going to evo them for awakenings.
    7 Echidna (1 skill up)

Not too bad, I'd say!

Damn, that's spectacular. I've been considering doing the silver egg machine, is it actually worthwhile?
    All depends on how long you plan to run him for, I suppose - if you don't end up max skilling, it was a bit of a waste, if you max skill before running draggie again, then everything is all going according to plan :)

6/16 skillups is fantastic! You're on like a personal 4x rate.

My personal rule to any egg machine is if I want half or more of the featured stuff I'll roll, until I hit a few and there's less than half remaining that I want. If you're not sure you could always wait and see what others get - it stays for a week anyhow.

Show
    Holy wtf plz Otra what is with your luck.

You're thinking of mystic dragons - ancients are tricolors. I did them with Horus anyways cause I'm a troll.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Woo more Leviathan skillups! Death to adorable baby seals!

16/69, so far, or ~23%. Only need eight more for max skill, but at this point it's almost as fast as Aquaman and faster than Blast Aurora dragon, which means I'll actually be able to use it. Six skill enhances on the team means right now it's live on turn 8: max skilling it will mean live on turn 2, and a 20k burst + 1.3x atk for all my mons for three two turns that early in a dungeon will actually be pretty helpful.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2014-12-08 at 04:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    Holy wtf plz Otra what is with your luck.

The next 18 rolls gave me one total gold egg. But still insane. I acknowledge that I have crazy luck and embrace this fact. If anyone plans on rolling silver REM let me know and I'll try to toss it your way for a while.

Oh AND that plus egg was an attack egg. One down. Good luck in the race.
    Last edited by Otravyat; 2014-12-08 at 04:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Banned

Woo more Leviathan skillups! Death to adorable baby seals!

16/69, so far, or ~23%. Only need eight more for max skill, but at this point it's almost as fast as Aquaman and faster than Blast Aurora dragon, which means I'll actually be able to use it. Six skill enhances on the team means right now it's live on turn 8: max skilling it will mean live on turn 2, and a 20k burst + 1.3x atk for all my mons for three two turns that early in a dungeon will actually be pretty helpful.
    Legit. I pulled trifruit so I'm back to attempting to evolve leviathan for my physical team into twinstar form.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    All depends on how long you plan to run him for, I suppose - if you don't end up max skilling, it was a bit of a waste, if you max skill before running draggie again, then everything is all going according to plan :)

6/16 skillups is fantastic! You're on like a personal 4x rate.

My personal rule to any egg machine is if I want half or more of the featured stuff I'll roll, until I hit a few and there's less than half remaining that I want. If you're not sure you could always wait and see what others get - it stays for a week anyhow.
    I ended up getting curious, did my usual "roll once, if I get something good roll again until that streak stops". I'd roll more times if there was a lot that I wanted, but in this case I got some silly Fire Dragon Swordsman thing I probably won't use... or might consider for use on my Draggie team, if for some godawful reason definitely won't use it, Gigas is better in everything but recovery. Ah well, I'll keep it for now because it's a dragon and I'm obscene.

And yes, I'm pretty happy with that skill up rate. My luck tends to straddle the bell curve, I'll hit really good one day and just abysmal the next. Usually the abysmal portion happens when I care the most, but I think that's always the way. Either way, I still have to pass four Echidna, three Mystic Fire Knight, and 18 (ugh) Tyrannos. Gigas is already maxed. Oh, and Flame Guardian, though there's a small self-flagellating part of me that wants to replace him with another one of the other three. Probably a Gigas, though if my HP totals can handle it and I'm crazy lucky this event, a second Phoenix Knight wouldn't go awry.

Nice thing is that after I get all the Draggies I need, I'm sure I can find a good home for at least Gigas, Echidna, and Phoenix Knight on teams. Echidna in particular.
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Man, at least you don't have my luck for Echidna skillups. I'm 1/31. 3.225% success.

*sobs uncontrollably into desk*

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

MonkGuy

Man, at least you don't have my luck for Echidna skillups. I'm 1/31. 3.225% success.

*sobs uncontrollably into desk*
    Well, I'm at 1/7 so far. We shall see! Where have you been farming yours?
    Pokemon friend code : 3067-5701-8746

Trade list can be found on my Giant League wiki page, all pokemon are kept in stock with 5 IVs, most with egg moves, some bred for Hidden Powers. Currently at 55 in stock and counting.

Padherders for my phone and my tablet!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quietus View Post
    Well, I'm at 1/7 so far. We shall see! Where have you been farming yours?
    Red Skies, mostly when I don't have anything else to do. My Bonia team laughs at an all-red, no-RCV dungeon.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
    Haha, just posted.

Yeah. Fourth Thanatos here. My first one is sadly already ult evo'd and fully awoken (off other Thanatoses).
    Hah! That's some crazy timing.

I think I'll throw 5 stones at it and see what happens. I think the rest of my stones will go to boxes and/or continues.

Show
    I am most envious. The PAL machine has gifted me with all the jewels except the light one. Obviously, every uvo I can do requires the light orb.

Through shenanigans, I have finally reconciled my desire to have a PAD avatar and an OotS avatar simultaneously.
    Awesome! If I wasn't so lazy, I'd have done one myself by now. Who's the character?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Banned

I was going to get someone to do Celestia and Luna as dark and light Metatron, until Nut was released, and Nepthys, and now I'm not sure D.Meta is best choice for best princess.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Awesome! If I wasn't so lazy, I'd have done one myself by now. Who's the character?
    Ililani Kaona is a violinist/chorister cleric/bard/chorister of Raghnialt, the fae queen of air and darkness.
    Last edited by Fax Celestis; 2014-12-08 at 07:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Been sick today so haven't done much of anything.
    Did try for the red jewel today but haven't seen anything yet, switching between Beelzebub and Goemon.

I don't think you can get any closer to winning and still loose...

Spoiler
    Show

I ended up having to burn an RSonia active on Belial because he hit his last turn and was almost dead but just nothing useful left on the board. Then after a couple rounds on Beelzebub I ran out of hearts and didn't have enough HPs to survive his next hit so I used Lu Bu and RSonia and it didn't quite kill him. Between not having great boards after that and him turning blue to take a lot of punch out of the reds I didn't quite get him killed before Sea Of Poison. Made the move and the skyfall killed him but the poison killed me, no continue because I was just running it for the invade.

No silver egg machine for me. I would like FA Lucifer, and there are a couple archangels that I wouldn't mind having, as well as some of the wizards. But none of them would be amazing for me, and with the chaff it isn't worth tempting.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Silver REM gave me Berserker Z. I guess If I want to switch to a fire-based devil team, he's my guy. *shrug*

I was going to get someone to do Celestia and Luna as dark and light Metatron, until Nut was released, and Nepthys, and now I'm not sure D.Meta is best choice for best princess.
    Celestia as Ra, Luna as Yomi?

Ililani Kaona is a violinist/chorister cleric/bard/chorister of Raghnialt, the fae queen of air and darkness.
    Neat.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.