New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Ferrum Impressions OOC 2

Quote Originally Posted by Artemciy View Post
    Another reason why we need to help the Anarchs stay on top, IMHO.
    I never really considered having the Anarchs be the major power in London as a plausible outcome, but I think that's what I'm aiming for now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Good to hear! There is an Anarch-Camarilla angle that I was planning for the next step.

Francis and John get bashing damage, I'll reroll it with a program in a minute (easier that way).
    Francis: Attack 6d10vs6 [10,7,8,7,2,3] = 4; damage 6+3d10vs6 [9,8,8,1,8,5,2,10,1] = 3; soak 4d10vs6 [6,4,8,4] = 2; damage 1.
    John: Attack 6d10vs6 [3,6,1,8,4,4] = 1; damage 6+0d10vs6 [6,6,10,6,6,7] = 6; soak 3d10vs6 [4,5,8] = 1; 5 halved = 3; damage 3.
    Anthony: Attack 3d10vs6 [7,8,6] = 3; damage 4+2d10vs6 [9,9,4,7,1,4] = 2; soak 3d10vs6 [7,6,5] = 2; damage 0.
    Tanaka: Attack 2d10vs6 [2,4] = Failure.

Francis and John are buried under the rubble (first option would be to get out of it, I suppose).

So are there any diablerie rules to point me at?

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-26 at 09:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273

Rules for diablerie (p.294):

"Once a vampire’s body has been drained of all blood, the true struggle begins. The diablerist’s player makes an extended Strength roll (difficulty 9). Each success inflicts one automatic health level on the victim (the victim cannot soak, and damage is considered aggravated). When all the victim’s health levels have been drained, the victim’s essence is taken into the attacker and the emptied body begins decaying immediately.

"A vampire committing diablerie is quite vulnerable to attack. Total concentration goes into the struggle to draw forth the essence of the victim, and stopping for even a moment ruins the chance of capturing the spirit. All attacks against a vampire attempting diablerie are made versus a difficulty of 2."

So, I guess everything goes as normal until the body is drained of all blood.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

4. - Top - End - #274

ClericGuy

Ow, that hurt! As for rules whattya mean? Calculating the generational difference or?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Coven was in torpor so I guess there's no need for the Strength roll.

All attacks against a vampire attempting diablerie are made versus a difficulty of 2.
    Rerolling then.
    Attack 6d10vs2 [4,1,1,7,7,5] = 2; damage 6+1d10vs6 [5,2,4,3,2,10,10] = 2; soak 4d10vs6 [6,2,5,10] = 2; damage 0.
    Heh, I say we take the first roll (John, bashing damage 3) and he keeps draining the elder. )

Calculating the generational difference or?
    That, but mostly what else is changed besides the generation?
    Disciplines? Stats?
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-26 at 09:10 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276

ClericGuy

The diablerists can gain various stats and disciplines from the victim, as you devour their soul, and given his elder status and mastery of disciplines, that might be a lot, and exp if the st deems so
    Last edited by Danteric; 2015-01-26 at 09:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I thought so, but haven't seen any guidelines. So just a GM-ruled thing then? (Okay).

8. - Top - End - #278

I think it's entirely up to you. The only thing you're obligated to provide is a decrease in generation, and it's up to you how much John's generation changes by.

But I would agree that diablerizing Monty should probably provide more. Probably stats that Monty identified strongly with. As for xp gain, I (in my entirely biased and self-interested position) think that if anyone is getting extra xp for this, it should be Francis, since he's the one who actually took Monty down almost by himself.
    Last edited by Muenster Man; 2015-01-26 at 09:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279

ClericGuy

The diablerie was successful? If so I'll write up the diablerie rp and such

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The diablerie was successful? If so I'll write up the diablerie rp and such
    Well, yeah. Please do.

As for xp gain, I (in my entirely biased and self-interested position) think that if anyone is getting extra xp for this, it should be Francis, since he's the one who actually took Monty down almost by himself.
    I never thought there should be any XP from the thing.
    As a side note, that trapping sorcery of John's did a lot IMO, without it the things would have played out differently. And the shadow bites did some agro without which there could have been another turn for Coven. So no, not single-handedly.

FYI, found some rules, and then some, and then.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-26 at 11:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281

Okay, yeah, I definitely agree the trapping spell helped a lot. It certainly wasn't a single-handed effort and saying 'almost by himself' is misleading, but I do feel Francis did most of the work in bringing him down. As for the xp, it was more of a suggestion rather than an expectation of reward.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

but I do feel Francis did most of the work in bringing him down.
    He put more work into it, yeah.
    As for the xp, it was more of a suggestion rather than an expectation of reward.
    What I meant is that the diablerie never gives XP to my knowledge.
    It is an absorbed experience, on one hand, but it isn't experience you've choosen, so it goes towards particular talents and disciplines and not the XP pool.

13. - Top - End - #283

ClericGuy

I'll start writing up the post but I'm at work so it might take me a bit. So did John go down in gen much, or will what I got be revealed at a later date?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Danteric View Post
    I'll start writing up the post but I'm at work so it might take me a bit. So did John go down in gen much, or will what I got be revealed at a later date?
    I don't think we can do both now, we either seek a way home, avoiding the police and medics attention, or John becomes catatonic/extravagant exploring his changes. If we're going home, then I'll give the details later. In any case, I have no details right now, I'll be thinking about them for some time. So yes, John feels something changed etc, but how much? He'd need to experiment to know for sure.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-26 at 11:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

ClericGuy

Alright, I'll type the diablerie post in the past talks thread. Might be easier to say John went unconscious from the combined effect of the diablerie and the amount of damaged he recieved so I don't hold the rp back while I'm at work

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Unconscious. Ouch. Tanaka would really like to go away from there, we'll all but ruin L.Nickon efforts of removing our presence from the records and our "cover" there is quite unsubstantial, but we might have to stay as Francis suggests.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-27 at 02:46 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287

ClericGuy

Well, I'll be off work in an hour and a half, then I can make a proper post, so maybe I won't have to be unconscious. And then hopefully make our escape.

Edit: as per your earlier question on rules for diablerie, there's actually a whole book explaining it, along with two stories included that could be nice side stories for us, one of them even has the coveted codex of the damned, something John would kill for ;)
    Last edited by Danteric; 2015-01-27 at 04:25 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

With high Larceny Francis should know that car security systems have evolved a bit. There might be easily exploited vulnerabilities, but one has to spot a car with them, you can't just break into any car. Normally he'd need a working goggles to hack the car or a set of tools to rewire around the VI, with police likely being notified.

Anyway, I've got the idea, working on a post now.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-27 at 06:26 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

Yeah, I thought about that, but was sort of hoping that the tech on cars hadn't evolved as much. Silly thought, I know. Some kind of VI security system seem to be on just about anything important, which makes sense in the setting. It's just not as intuitive to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemciy View Post
    Anyway, I've got the idea, working on a post now.
    Thanks
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290

ClericGuy

I'm guessing hacking the cars VI with John's goggles would be out of the question, considering they probably got destroyed by the various events of the night?

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yes, pretty much. Anthony still has one pair and T's gadged is untouched.

22. - Top - End - #292

ClericGuy

Woo, Finally out of the prison, but now I'm left with the same problem Monty had (Now if its better or worse then Monty's case, i'm scared to find out). Besides the EXP and Humanity change, are there any additional changes I should make to my sheet?

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Oh, sure, the generation changes to... 11-(1d4)[4]!
    That's impressive, you can Dominate Tanaka now.
    Blood pool increases accordingly.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-27 at 09:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294

ClericGuy

Woo, not that it really ever occurred to John, he assumes Tanaka is fully blood bound to him, and given how loyal she is, has never really had a reason to dominate her.

Also how many blood points did John drain from Monty? Would be useful considering how much damage I've received recently, at Mauled currently, so that's pretty limiting on pretty much anything :P

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

12 BP! (It's not about quantity, BTW. Lower generation vampires have a "denser" blood).

Meanwhile, the pondering Tanaka gave to the weakness of her Time magic and her martial skills have prompted her into a briliant idea, on which she begins to work day and night now, recuring to the mastery of her Continuum teacher. The idea presented by her wasn't new to Maris, he even had a cursory command of such skill, though never truly used it. Still, it was an interesting kind of research and... creative. A careful application of it allowed a Time mage to rewrite the past of a thing, even to the extent of changing his own past, albeit in a limited and fleeting way. (To make it permanent some artificers in a distant world he knew of would craft a seal which, attached to a thing, will keep its past changed).
    ((XP 4 to raise Time: (1d10)[2](2) vs 6 + 1 (less xp) - 2 (teacher) = Failure. Need more time
    Guess she'll need more practice using this skill before she can raise Time to the really beneficial levels.
    FYI, with Time 4 it'll give her the Tenser's Transformation-like effects, she'll be able to respec herself for a while, loosing, for example (some of) her magic, but getting all those martial skills she dreams of)).
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-27 at 10:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

ClericGuy

Yep! As I read it, Elder's concentrate the blood in their veins to a much greater effect then a normal neonate. While a blood point from a 11th generation may be several ounces of liquid, a blood point from a 4th generation may be as little as a few drops.

Also on a side note, now that John's 7th generation, Tanaka can learn the second level of any Disciplines she may pick up, and level 2 Potence on the next feeding. Wonder how Tanaka will react to the increased burning taste of John's already potent Vitae as she drinks it.

27. - Top - End - #297

What night is the anarch meeting Francis is supposed to go to? If it's tonight, does he have time to try to increase Brawl and Athletics as well? If so, I'll try spending 1xp (1/6th cost) on both again.
    Last edited by Muenster Man; 2015-01-27 at 10:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

She'll have a harder time now fighting the addiction. The blood's now stronger than her magic, making her a truer ghoul. If before she thought vampires as just a curious distraction, she might be truly bound now. Her Avatar might show more signs of corruption, leading her into predicatements from which it would abscond before.

What night is the anarch meeting Francis is supposed to go to?
    The message didn't say, next night would be okay, but he can go today.

Brawl and Athletics as well? If so, I'll try spending 1xp (1/6th cost) on both again.
    Brawl: 1d10 vs 7 [3] = Failure.
    Athletics: 1d10 vs 7 [9] = 1.
    Francis gains the fourth level of Athletics by spending 1 XP. Congratulations!
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2015-01-27 at 10:45 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299

Woohoo! Might as well meet them tonight, no time like the present
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

ClericGuy

Seeing as everyone else is spending experience, i'd like to toss in my attempt. I'd like to spend 5 Exp in an attempt to raise Thaumaturgy to 4 (Practice, Previous training from the Tremere before the Sabbat Siege) and 2 on Fortitude.