New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ferrum Impressions OOC 2

Artemciy, you were a little quick on the draw there my friend. i was not done asking question and the like, after all I did not realize we where still staying at that Apartment. I thought we where at some communal Auroch Haven. I was going to edit Anthony going in through the front door, and state this but I had work that i almost forgot about, and ended up being late to.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Francis remained motionless as he considered how to bypass the remaining distance safely.
    I don't get it. Is it a hint to roll something for you and give you some options, like ringing a bell or digging into the ground and cutting the power off, because you don't like the option your goggles gives, or are you just biding time?

I thought we where at some communal Auroch Haven.
    Really? Why?
    And who is Auroch, BTW?
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-19 at 04:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sorry for lack of posting, I drew the short straw at work and been busy non stop, but will get a post up today.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sorry for lack of posting, I drew the short straw at work and been busy non stop, but will get a post up today.
    No problem!

I might have overreacted some, BTW, about being stuck in that place. Sorry.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-19 at 09:27 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemciy View Post
    I don't get it. Is it a hint to roll something for you and give you some options, like ringing a bell or digging into the ground and cutting the power off, because you don't like the option your goggles gives, or are you just biding time?

Really? Why?
    And who is Auroch, BTW?
    I keep misspelling it I mean Anarch.
    and I thought we where staying with the Anarchs for protection I did not think we had returned to our old haven yet, given the Sabbat encroaching around us. that is why I thought we where on the first floor of some random building of theirs. if i had actaully realized it was our haven I would have had Anthony us the front door. I mean we did pick it after all since it had only one really good access point. among other reasons.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by cavalieredraghi View Post
    I thought we where staying with the Anarchs for protection
    That's a choice nobody ever made. How did you expect to see this happen, BTW? Is somebody responsible for that kind of thing, somebody you expected to take care of your character's safety without him making a fuss about it himself? Was it a trust in the capability of the group as a whole?

You see, that's an interesting problem from the point of social dynamics. Tanaka surely thinks about it, but she isn't ready to make or even propose hard decisions, so she goes the round-about way of finding millionairs and such. (And maybe it's time for her to stop babysitting them anyway, nobody even asked her after all).
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-19 at 11:13 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

It is less we have to worry about someone fussing over our presence since when we joined the Anarchs we would most likely gain access to there communal havens.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

That doesn't answer my question. Moving anywhere is a serious decision, it isn't a no-brainer. How do you expect such a decision to happen?

Have you ever moved? I've been moving a lot lately, but there was a large portion of my life when I practicaly didn't.

Oh, and BTW, do you expect the Anarch havens to be safe from Sabbat? (And that's a third question, I'm still interested in the first).

Speaking of which, there is no such thing as an Anarch communal haven, as far as I know, but there are places where Anarchs hang around and/or have their Presence felt, so yes, you could hang out there. It's like being a perpetual guest, though, a rather stressfull and/or queer social role.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-19 at 11:30 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129

ClericGuy

Random question, and while Tanaka's goggles could most likely do it, i'm not sure about mine. Given enough time, would John be able to write a small virus with his glasses, or hack them from a distance? Something along the lines of taking the camera's feed for a few seconds and placing it on a loop long enough for them to cut through the yard unnoticed.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Danteric View Post
    Random question, and while Tanaka's goggles could most likely do it, i'm not sure about mine. Given enough time, would John be able to write a small virus with his glasses, or hack them from a distance? Something along the lines of taking the camera's feed for a few seconds and placing it on a loop long enough for them to cut through the yard unnoticed.
    The software pack you've got from Thursday can do that. Check this: http://prntscr.com/5imckk (IC 1484). And this: http://prntscr.com/5imcye (IC 1486). It can do that much better than you, because professional vampire hackers worked on it. You can do that too, certainly, with a good Science or Computer roll, though acquiring a Skill specialty would help.

Are you not familiar with the modern meaning of the term (to hack), maybe?
    I admit it's a bit of a slang, but I thought the media have popularised it to no end.

You have the same bundle as Francis, if that question was implied.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-19 at 11:52 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

But it a no brainer for Anthony, remember Salubri technically have no haven. He carries everything he owns in his doctor's bag, and given how many times he has lost his clothes and yet to buy some new ones, it is only getting lighter. And yes I have moved, to much in fact. One thing it has taught me is to not have so much stuff it only makes it harder.

now there is such a thing as a communal Haven for Anarchs it is here.

They usually are safer in them at least you have those willing to fight with you rather then turn tail and run.

12. - Top - End - #132

ClericGuy

I was more confused on how it would hack, though I probably misused the word. Would the glasses connect wirelessly to the cameras or a nearby Wifi signal? And I dont think we'd get close enough to a camera to plug in a USB(or something along those lines) into them, or if they even have a spot to plug into, given some cameras are on a closed circuit network. Just wondering so I know how to type it up instead of pulling some random stunt that could end horrendously.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

But it a no brainer for Anthony, remember Salubri technically have no haven. He carries everything he owns in his doctor's bag, and given how many times he has lost his clothes and yet to buy some new ones, it is only getting lighter. And yes I have moved, to much in fact. One thing it has taught me is to not have so much stuff it only makes it harder.
    I see, makes sense.

now there is such a thing as a communal Haven for Anarchs it is here.
    No, there isn't. The communal haven you're referring to is "a secure location controlled and owned by the coterie". It is exactly what your haven with a hole in the wall is.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I was more confused on how it would hack, though I probably misused the word. Would the glasses connect wirelessly to the cameras or a nearby Wifi signal?
    How would you know? Do you see the code? Open-source, maybe?

And I dont think we'd get close enough to a camera to plug in a USB (or something along those lines) into them, or if they even have a spot to plug into, given some cameras are on a closed circuit network. Just wondering so I know how to type it up instead of pulling some random stunt that could end horrendously.
    Simple. You should type that you're using the option, and leave the rest to the GM.

If you don't trust the option, fine. RP it and do something else. I don't see a problem.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-19 at 12:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

what was with the yuk face art?

Also fine, i can understand that our haven meets the requires of background.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

what was with the yuk face art?
    You don't get it?
    Do you expect Nosferatu, for example, to open-source their SchreckNet code and their exploits?
    As a joke, maybe.

Do you see a military software open-sourced? Or a banking one?
    It's a World of Darkness game, not a... something else.

Also fine, i can understand that our haven meets the requires of background.
    The background merit your mention has nothing to do with the existence of truly "communal" havens.
    London Anarchs aren't a mob (in the non-criminal sense of the word), they're highly individual and highly self-reliant, your picture of them having "communal" havens in the way you ascribed to them is simply wrong. In this game.

And if you want to cite something next time, cite a clan book or a location book, a generic merit is just that, a wild possibility.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-19 at 01:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

ClericGuy

Simple. You should type that you're using the option, and leave the rest to the GM.
    Alright, will do.

18. - Top - End - #138

I misread the post. I thought the goggles were telling me that it was possible to hack the cameras, but it wasn't going to walk me through the process or do it for me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muenster Man View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Anyways can Anthony just go through the front dorr since i did not realize it was the tower haven.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I misread the post. I thought the goggles were telling me that it was possible to hack the cameras, but it wasn't going to walk me through the process or do it for me.
    That is certainly a possibility that I've considered. That wasn't my question though. What I didn't get was whether you were asking for other options or simply biding time? Care to elucidate this for me?

Anyways can Anthony just go through the front dorr since i did not realize it was the tower haven.
    No, Anthony is on the roof, and the light in the apartments have just went out. He can hear the door being closed.

P.S. I want to clarify, just in case this got muddled by my questions, that your current location was never ambiguous. First frenzied John ran back to it, then Tanaka joined him and then the rest. The famous hole was mentioned, the danger of remaining there was exposed. I intentionally haven't been referring to all the IC facts because I wanted more to learn the logic of your decisions rather than prove you wrong, but please do not assume that there was ever any ambiguity about your current location.

You being where you are is not an afterthought or a thing that could have been interpreted differently and that's why I have to correct you when you write things that aren't congruent with the existing narrative.
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-19 at 01:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

time for work see you in about 8 hours.

22. - Top - End - #142

That is certainly a possibility that I've considered. That wasn't my question though. What I didn't get was whether you were asking for other options or simply biding time? Care to elucidate this for me?
    If Francis sees an option to hack, then he'll choose it. I was having him wait because I didn't see any great options immediately available and was hoping I'd come up with something later. And after I saw Danteric post about giving it a try, I was going to let him do it. But Francis will give it a try as well.
    Last edited by Muenster Man; 2014-12-19 at 06:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Rich is probably thinking something like: "Oh no, why did I think it would be a good idea to have to draw so many minions!"

This is easily the most accurate comment on a comic ever.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I was having him wait because I didn't see any great options immediately available and was hoping I'd come up with something later.
    k, cool, thanks for clearing that up.

24. - Top - End - #144

ClericGuy

Hmm, I wouldn't mind a hint in this scenario to be honest. There are a few things I can think of to why the hacking may not be working, Maybe the glasses by themselves aren't powerful enough to hack it? Maybe Francis's added assistance will provide enough power to get through? Of course the option of asking Tanaka to coax the spirit of the Camera is there too, but not sure that might work out. Maybe could be convinced not to show us, like she did earlier with that ghouls implant.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

You said it yourself.

I was more confused on how it would hack, though I probably misused the word. Would the glasses connect wirelessly to the cameras or a nearby Wifi signal? And I dont think we'd get close enough to a camera to plug in a USB(or something along those lines) into them
    What other means of communication are there beside the electromagnetic waves (wi-fi) and wiring (USB)?
    Would some of them requre an unobscured line of sight to the camera?
    Last edited by Artemciy; 2014-12-20 at 02:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146

ClericGuy

I suppose its possible over blue tooth, granted you've got insanely high computer/science skills, or know somebody who does. As for hacking the Camera's, i'll just have to get closer to the camera while staying hidden, probably moving closer into the bushes and closer to the fence, lets hope its not an electrical fence ;)

Edit:Or Francis can get to it before I can, lol
    Last edited by Danteric; 2014-12-20 at 10:06 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I suppose its possible over blue tooth, granted you've got insanely high computer/science skills, or know somebody who does.
    There are a few more possibilities, bordering the arcane, but not impossible.
    That being said, your goggles aren't the best hacking tool out there, there's certainly a room for improvement.

As for hacking the Camera's, i'll just have to get closer to the camera while staying hidden, probably moving closer into the bushes and closer to the fence, lets hope its not an electrical fence ;)
    You can't get close to the spherical camera without it seeing you. The only way you can hack it is wirelessly, and that word hides a range of different options.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

just a warning guys we only have 8 posts left till we go beyond 50 on the IC thread

29. - Top - End - #149

ClericGuy

Hmm, would multiple sets working in conjunction make it work better? Similar to a SLI set up, each set would improve the total processing power and such. Was thinking the three(Or two, considering Francis's battery level) could do a more effective job of hacking the cameras, power in numbers?

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

just a warning guys we only have 8 posts left till we go beyond 50 on the IC thread
    Yup. Thanks.

I thought the goggles were telling me that it was possible to hack the cameras, but it wasn't going to walk me through the process or do it for me.
    BTW, the actual cracking is a complicated process which, apart from some simple memorised cases, only a genious would be able to perform withing the necessary time limits. Therefore in the field you would use the exploits that were developed and tested beforehand. I don't think there is such a thing as "walking through the process" in the field, you eirther dig into source code which might take a lot of time, or you press a button (enter a command in the command line) and let the ready-made exploit work.

Hmm, would multiple sets working in conjunction make it work better? Similar to a SLI set up, each set would improve the total processing power and such. Was thinking the three(Or two, considering Francis's battery level) could do a more effective job of hacking the cameras, power in numbers?
    It's certainly possible to implement, you might flash the idea to Jeanelle Freeman, the author of the bundle.