New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) Dragon Age Pathfinder

Scowling, Dali falls back into a defensive stance, reviewing how the beast had foiled his assaults in his mind.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    AoO
    Attack: (1d20+5)[10]
    Crit: (1d20+5)[7]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[10]
    Crit Damage: (2d10+6)[25]

Full Round Action Defensive Focus and recover my 3 spent maneuvers. I get 3 more AoO, a 5ft increase in reach, can move within my reach to take the AoO, and get my Int to CMD to prevent acrobatics
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Even a giant such as Saarebas cannot stand against the strength of a bereskarn. After getting tossed backwards, Saarebas lands on his back and the full pain of his wounds catches up with him.

Struggle is an illusion. There is victory in the Qun.

Determined to help, Saarebas stands up and readies another charge at the beast.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Sh1t! The big boy fell down. This is gonna be harder than I thought. At least that mage has proven useful so far.

Spoiler: Point-Black Shot
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[4]
    Critical Confirm: (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage: x2

P.S. If this fail again may I start taking 10 on my attack rolls please? :D
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

The story of a barbarian while resting after being fatigued by his rage

I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

4. - Top - End - #34

Yedis watched the rampaging of the bear tear through his disciples and it angered him. With the snap of his fingers a small ball of acid formed in his hand, amplified by the flask in his bag, and with 'careful' aim he tossed it at the obviously angered creature.

Show
    this probably won't hit but meh may as well try, not going to waste anymore MM on this
    ranged touch attack (at -4 penalty) (1d20-1)[13]
    damage (1d3+2)[5]
    Blarg...

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

The bearskarn goes mad with rage, tearing at everything near. It swipes out blindly with its claws, blinded by blood in its eyes and the acid eating away its face. Whether those swipes hit anything seems less important to the beast than simply the fact that it was doing something to swat the gnats around it. The first swipe smashes through the side of one of the wagons, reducing it to splinters. The second flies over Dali's head, barely missing taking it off.

The bearskarn roars, a sound that was almost deafening, and could likely be heard for miles. As the blood finally clears from its eyes, it focuses in on Dali. Whatever respite you had is over, and that bearskarn looks decidedly pissed off.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(1d20+3)[17]
    (2d4+6)[9]
    (1d20+3)[10]
    (2d4+6)[10]
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-11 at 11:44 PM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Dali swears as he is struck by the bearskarn.
    Yeah, come and get me you overgrown nug!
    He strikes again at the monster.

Show
    Angering Smash again.
    Crit: (1d20+5)[14]
    Damage: (2d6+3)[8]
    Crit: (1d6+3)[8]
    If I hit it and deal damage, I apply my Mark of the Stone (Armiger's Mark). I've actually just been forgetting to mention this, but it takes -4 to hit against not me. This does stack with Angering Smash

Iron Shell to Counter (which I recently discovered can be declared after I see the enemy's attack roll) if it rolls at least a 13 (I actually can't see the bonus it has as I write this because of the way roll code works)
    (1d20+8)[22]

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #37

Yedis, despite the horrific and violent situation before him, had a sudden urge to make and consume a treat his dear old mother used to make: popped corn. A sigh of longing escapes his lips but quickly subsides once the stench of burnt hair and bear flesh wafts towards him thus nearly succeeds in making him gag. Coming back to reality he mumbles a few basic words of power and forms another ball of acid in his hand before gingerly chucking it in the general direction of the bear.

Show
    Acid Splash AHOY!
    ranged touch at -4 penalty (1d20-1)[17]
    damage (1d3+2)[3]

muahaha death by a thousand cuts!
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2015-02-12 at 12:43 PM.
    Blarg...

8. - Top - End - #38

NecromancerGuy

Phiew... Thank the maker I am not close to that thing!

Jimbo yells at the travelers
    Get away from the bear you fools!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Action Reload
    Standard Action Attack Point-Black Shot
    Attack roll: (1d20+7)[13]
    Confirm roll: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage roll: (1d8+1)[2]
    Critical x2

Come on Gods of Rolls!!!!!!!!!
    "Once, a bear grappled me and I dropped my weapon. She holded me so hard that the only thing I remember is the bear releasing me and running away. All I saw was a huge part of its arm missing and the wound being burned like someone bit it with fire."

I AM NOT QUITTING ANY GAMES. I'LL KEEP CHECKING THEM AND BE SUBSCRIBED TO THEM UNTIL THE DM DECLARES THEM DEAD.

9. - Top - End - #39

Seeing Dali attract the bear's attention, Saarebas sees his chance. Swinging around to the other side of the bereskarn, the Qunari aims a punch at the beast's back.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Charge, +2 attack, -2 AC
    Attack: (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4]
    Crit: (1d20+5)[9]
    CD: (1d8)[1]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

The Bereskarn seems to finally realize the nature of its predicament, wounds covering its body. Unlike the normal darkspawn, the bereskarn wants to survive even still, and so it roars and runs off towards the woods to the west, away from the caravan. It swipes at Saarebas, more to move the offender aside than in an attempt to kill him.

Show

Attack: Saarebas
    (1d20+6)[8]
    (1d4+3)[5]

Move: 40ft West (Provokes AoO as Normal)

11. - Top - End - #41

Mistaking the creature's retreat as another assault, Saarebas lashes out as it tries to pass.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[5]
    Crit: (1d20+3)[21]
    CD: (1d8)[5]

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Dali swings his axe at the fleeing creature.
    That's right you giant rat! Flee!

Spoiler: OoC, AoO
    Show
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+5)[25]
    Damage: (1d10+3)[13]
    Crit Damage: (2d10+6)[17]

If the bearskarn is still standing after it moves away, Dali runs after it, loosening his shield. He hurls the great steel bulwark at the fleeing bear, boomeranging it off the monster's retreating backside and back to his arm.

Spoiler: OoC, my turn
    Show
    Move 20ft after the bearskarn. Initiate Throwing Shell.
    Attack: (1d20+2)[14]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+2)[21]
    Damage: (3d6+3)[12] (1d6+3 from shield, +1d6 from Snapping Turtle Stance, +1d6 from Throwing Shell)
    Crit Damage: (1d6+3)[6]
    Free Action: Catch my shield

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

13. - Top - End - #43

NecromancerGuy

As Jimbo sees the beast running away he turns his attention to the men that were attacked by it. He closes up to them and says:

Hey is everyone ok here? It's ok, the beast isn't coming back any time now. Let me check the wounded please! I might be able to help!

Show
    Heal check to the farmer that was struck down by the bear
    (1d20+7)[26]

14. - Top - End - #44

Yedis shouts "AND TAKE THIS YOU FOUL CREATURE OF THE ABYSS, HOW DARE YOU MAIM MY ENTOURAGE! THEY ARE UGLY ENOUGH AS IS AND YOU MADE THEM WORSE!" Another small ball of acid forms and is flung towards the fleeing bear.

Spoiler: ORB OF ACID!
    Show
    ranged touch (1d20+3)[18] it being running away so I am taking the -4 penalty off this time XD
    damage (1d3+2)[5]
    Blarg...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Despite the fervor of its conjuror, the acid orb falls short of the fleeing bereskarn, who charges off into the forest, cracking aside trees as it goes. Given the severity of the wounds, it seems that the creature is not long for this world, yet you have been fooled before, particularly by the longevity of Darkspawn.

With the massive creature's departure, a lull falls across the clearing. The farmers cautiously make their way from the wagons to assess the damage. One wagon is clearly beyond saving, and the men still hale set about transferring its contents to the other two wagons. Meanwhile the wives set to work tending the wounded farmer, and performing rites for the dead. One of the farmers, the one who ordered the rest back, approaches you. "Maker be praised you arrived when you did strangers. That creature would've torn us apart. We thought it was a regular bear until it was too late. We will never be able to repay you for this kindness; we owe you our very lives." The man is clearly worn by his chosen occupation, though strong enough to hold his own in mind and body. "Please, if there is anything we can do to repay you, tell us. We don't have much, but what we do have is yours."

Spoiler: XP
    Show

1200 split between you all

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Dali take a moment to resecure his shield before stowing his axe in his belt.
    Just doing our duty, civilian. I would offer to help if any of your fellows need healing, but the closest thing we have to a healer is the mage, and I wouldn't trust him with someone who's life was in danger.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Jimbo, bent over the wounded farmer, manages to stabilize the man, though the other farmer is beyond his help, his soul already gone to the Maker.

18. - Top - End - #48

NecromancerGuy

Jimbo says in a low voice while bending over the dead farmer.
    May his God rest this poor man's soul.
    Then he turns to the others:
    Hey is there enough room to take this man with you? He deserves a proper funeral!

19. - Top - End - #49

Saarebas clutches his wounded arm and grits his teeth against the searing pain left behind by the beast's claws.

"There would be no point in that, Jimbo. He is gone, and only the shell remains. These farmers should not have to abandon supplies for the sake of a corpse. We can consign his remains to the flame, so that at least he departs with some dignity. Taking the body along with them, however, would only attract all manner of vermin and illness."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

"His family would not want to see him this way. We will bring the ashes to Denerim to give to his wife."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Dali shakes his head, but he turns back towards the mage of the group.
    You had better get back onto the road then. As must we.
    By the Stone, I hope I don't die here. Burning bodies? That's just messed up.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

22. - Top - End - #52

Saarebas bows before the farmers. "Panahedan." He turns to follow Dali back up the hill.

23. - Top - End - #53

NecromancerGuy

Well, I suppose you would know better. Good luck for the rest of your journey.
    He turns to Saarebas:
    Hey big guy! Do you want me to take a look at your wound? You seem like someone who can handle pain, but this looks pretty nasty.

Spoiler: Heal check in case he lets me
    Show
    (1d20+7)[22]

24. - Top - End - #54

Once they reach the top of the hill, Saarebas sits and lets Jimbo try to treat his wounds. Since he lacks proper supplies, however, Jimbo is able to do little with the alcohol, mud, and leaves that he has on hand.

An hour later, Saarebas's wounds are still stinging. However, the giant nods his horned head at Jimbo. "I thank you for your assistance. Now, we must move on."

25. - Top - End - #55

Yedis stands shouting obscenities after the fleeing bearskarn in both common and elven tongue getting so heated that he tripped over his robes and fell flat on his face. Taking a moment to compose himself he stands up calmly and dusts off his robes before looking to the people he just helped "There is no need to worry fair people, for I your Messiah always has a watchful eye on my flock, for it is my destiny to save all granted by The Creators themselves. Your comrade, though tragically fallen, has returned to the loving embrace of the Gods and knows only bliss. Be safe my dear folks for my loyal bodyguards and I have more pressing concerns to attend to at this moment. Pray tell if you have seen or heard of a band of filthy darkspawn in the area?"
    Blarg...

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

"Riiiight..." The farmer says to the faux-sermon. His expression states his scepticism clearly. "No Darkspawn except that monstrosity, but you might be able to track it back to its masters?"

27. - Top - End - #57

NecromancerGuy

I'm not sure this would be a good idea. We are on a mission ourselves so we should continue our way. C'mon Messiah, we have long road ahead of us.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Dali nods.
    Indeed, darkspawn with a wounded bearskarn are less of a threat than darkspawn led by a mage. Perhaps on our return we can search the nearby area for this band, but the Darkspawn in the Wilds must come first.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Your journey to the Wilds is much less exciting once you leave the farmers behind. It is slow going, as Saarebas must stop regularly, though it seems like each time, he is at the edge of endurance from trying to continue on through sheer willpower. Still, his wounds do seem to be improving, albeit slowly.

As for the rest of you, the land around you seems devoid of life. This area was hit hardest by the Blight, and even now that most of the Darkspawn have retreated, or broken into leaderless packs, the South of Ferelden is still lifeless. Abandoned farmhouses and homesteads, fields grown over with weeds, their crops trampled flat and dead. The darkspawn are not known for mercy or kindness.

The first night after leaving the farmers, you take shelter in an abandoned barn. The home was close by, but the smell inside was too horrible to stay within. The family living there had apparently ignored the warnings, or never gotten them. What had been done was beyond cruelty, and even the most battle-hardened of you could barely stomach it long enough to leave. The darkspawn are not known for mercy or kindness.

You reach the outskirts of the Wilds early in the next day. All intelligence reports indicate that the Darkspawn pack, and the missing patrol, lies within. Traveling through the Wilds is slow. No well-travelled roads to guide you, and little more than animal trails at that. Still, with the help of the map from the Scout Captain, you are able to thread your way through the brackish lands to the ambush site. Careful scanning of the area reveals no Darkspawn, and you are able to approach within the same tree cover likely used by the Darkspawn party to
    ambush the scouts.

You are overlooking a clearing. In the center, just as the Captain said, are the bodies of four Ferelden army scouts, badly mutilated. Without getting closer, it is hard to say exactly what killed them, but such information could give you an idea of the nature of the Darkspawn you are dealing with. As the Darkspawn no longer seem to be hanging around, the choice of how to find and approach them is up to you.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Dali draws his axe as he begins looking for tracks.
    Keep yourselves at the ready. There's already been one ambush here. Let's not risk feeding them a second so easily.

Show
    I forget if there's a Perception check involved for tracking, so I'll toss both out
    Perception: (1d20+1)[20]
    Survival: If possible, take 10 for 16, if not: (1d20+6)[18]

Shadeblight by KennyPyro