New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default PTU: A Grand Adventure IC

It's a warm spring day in Cerulean City. Attendance for Professor Oak's lecture swelled considerably when it was announced that he would be giving it alongside the Cerulean Gym Leader, and former television star, Misty. So scattered amongst the interested public, members of the scientific community and students who need the extra credit are any number of journalists, hangers-on and assorted weirdos trying to pretend they know what's going on while they drool over Misty.

As we join our heroes, the lecture is just coming to a close.

"...and so, with the discovery of the Sarshin Cave Paintings and the fossil beds near the Orange Islands, I have come to the conclusion that once these temporary 'Mega Evolutions' were, in fact, true evolutions that have been lost to the world, along with an incredible variety of other pokemon species. While we don't yet know what caused this mass extinction, my associate Professor Tracy is currently putting together a research team to investigate the new fossile beds," It's quite incredible, really, how little Professor Oak has changed over the years; certainly, his hair is greyer now than it was twenty years ago, but he still looks almost exactly the same as he did when he won the Pokemon League almost forty years ago. His voice still holds the same enthusiasm as it did back then, too.

"I was supposed to pause for questions here, but it seems I've run over slightly," he adds, to groans of dismay from the other professors. "I'll be happy to answer questions at the bar tonight, though. But for now, Misty has an announcement to make,"

Oak steps aside to make room for the Gym Leader, as a puzzled murmur sweeps through the room.

"Thank you, Professor Oak," Misty says, flashing him a dazzling smile. She's grown up a lot since her days on the television; she's still short, but she's filled out quite impressively and definitely takes after her sisters now. She's wearing a simple white kimono with a staryu-shaped clasp. "I need to get back to the gym, so I'll try to keep this brief. To celebrate the twentieth anniversary of Team Rocket's failed coup and the heroism of the trainers who fought them, the Kanto gyms will be hosting a series of special events. The first will be an open tournament in Vermillian City five days from now. In two weeks' time Cerulean will be hosting a regatta on the river, and a week-long open challenge of the Gym. The gyms of Cinnabar and the Seafoam Islands are coming together to create a grand festival, and I believe Leader Duplika is putting together a grand safari in Fuscia. I'm sorry to say that after last year's problems, Lavender Town will not be hosting it's traditional haunted house," stepping back from the podium, Misty gives the room a brief bow. "Thank you all for attending. I hope the lecture has been of interest to you,"

Professor Oak makes his farewells, before taking Misty's arm and heading off the stage. The audience begins to disperse, buzzing with excitement at not only the new discoveries, but over the celebration too - most of those in attendence were either trainers themselves, or sponsoring them.

If you want to talk to Professor Oak, this is your chance - if you hurry. It's unlikely you'll get a chance to catch up with him at the bar after all this, even if you are old enough to be allowed in.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, so what do you want to do here? You can chase Oak, head off outside and do something else or... uh... stay inside and do something else? There's all manner of famous scientists present here. You could go see what Misty's doing down at the gym - most likely a challenge by someone or other. You could head out onto the road, and start training, hunt for pokemon in a city park, or you could do something I haven't though of - it's a big city, after all.
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: PTU: A Grand Adventure IC

Seated near the high back of the lecture hall, a tall man sits angling his camera discretely for a photo of the Pokemon Professor. Getting the right angle is important, of course, but he also had to make sure he didn't catch Oak making a stupid face while talking. Timing is also key.

The man wears a dark red sweater and a brown leather jacket (the breeze off the water could get cold) with a pair of sunglasses hanging from the collar. His pants are gray camo cargo pants, and his usual pair of running shoes are ready to beat the crowd to the punch when the time came for questioning the old professor. Under his seat waits his backpack with a few simple supplies inside. The piece of the outfit which most stands out is the falconer's glove on his left hand.

At last Raul figures he's found the right shot and snaps a picture of Oak after he steps aside for Misty to take the mic.

Show
    Perception to get a good photo: (3d6+5)[18]

As the lecture nears its close Raul dons his sunglasses and picks up his backpack, making his way to the same exit Oak is heading for. He had purposefully chosen a seat next to the aisles so that he wouldn't need to push past anyone else to get out of the seated crowd. "Professor? I have a few questions before tonight if you don't mind. The bar will be loud and I'd like to hear everything you have to say in detail."

Show
    Athletics to reach the professor before other journalists and inquirers: (2d6+4)[11]
    Charm to convince Oak to answer some questions now: (4d6+2)[19]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste listens to the lecture from the back of the room with rapt attention. She was no scientist nor did she intend to be one, but the old professor had a way with speaking that could keep anyone interested in anything. Her eyes glaze over a little as Misty takes the podium. She was a good gym leader and all, but she didn't capture the same attention from anyone with all the blood still flowing upward that the professor did. Still, big tourneys around the region in celebration, fun for those that can participate.

As things clear out, the girl follows after the professor, trying to catch him while he is stopped by someone else. When you have a moment, sir, she says, trying to politely get the professor's attention without verbally interrupting him. She watches the aura of the elder, nervous as a Skitty that he would laugh in her face at her question.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty much every scene I'll have spent two AP to run Aura Guardian, giving me the Aura Reading and Aura Pulse capabilities.

Charm, should it be necessary: (3d6+3)[15]
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

"Yo, gramps!" Clint shouts, sprinting after Oak as he shoves anybody in his way, intent on making it to the professor. Unfortunately, planning wasn't one of his strongest suits, meaning that are more than a few people in his way.

"Gramps," he says as he finally catches up, leaning over and breathing heavily for a moment before speaking again. "I'm going to be the next Pokemon League Champion, so, like, if you could tell me whatever magic mojo you told Red and Blue that'd be great," Clint says quickly, not realizing until after the fact that it probably hadn't been the best way to ask the premier Pokemon expert of the region for his help. "I mean, if you have time I guess. And please," he adds, the "please" clearly an afterthought.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Marcus had sat near the back, on the topmost rows to watch the lecture, tapping the desk in minor impatience. While the lecture had been surprisingly interesting, and Misty was always a welcome sight, they were not his purpose here. No, the shaggy haired man sat as the lecture went on, observing the crowd around him. Many were trainers looking for an edge, or some hint of fame to wash off the aging professor and mentor of champions, former champion, and biggest name in research, or at least a signature. That'd actually get a good price on r-bay. But that wasn't why he was here, unless he got a chance, then he'd totally get a Pokeball signed so some shmuck bought it for their favorite pokemon or something. No, the trainers were his mark. See, one thing rookies need is a group, someone to fall on when their luck or skills fall flat, and he was an aspiring rookie. That means "knows tauros sh*t about living outdoors, alone". So someone who actually knew how to handle those situations would be awesome, as would a group he could gamble on, win or lose, could use to get about as he tried his own hand at training. Or, failing that, people leave things behind all the time, and sometimes that was good money in a pinch, which judging by the eviction warnings he had gotten that morning would be rather handy soon.
    So there he sat, watching trainers and evaluating them, judging them. He needed one who looked like they had earned confidence, someone who looks truly confident in their own skills. A little help, and they could go far, and carry him farther. What's more, they had to be-
    "Yo, gramps!"
    His eyes widen as random fidgeting Trainer 53, who he had decided to dub Twitchy McFidget in his head during a rare dull part of the lecture, barrels through the crowd and up to Oak, and his thoughts go back to his list as he slowly smiles to himself.
    What's more, someone who has the social grace of a drunk waillord rolling downhill would make an excellent distraction when needed...
    He smiles as he watches Twitchy, knowing he had found his first companion.

(And because why not, perception to spot other odd trainers. Let's see if we can get the band together early!-(3d6)[12])
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-01-11 at 05:43 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

d20 Re: PTU: A Grand Adventure IC

Standing towards the rear of the audience, with an exotic string instrument strapped to his back, Vlad listens very carefully to the lecture. He was interested in what Mega evolution was and what possibles it could offer, though he would be lying if he said he wasn't more excited for the upcoming celebrations. Since he had only recently left home, he was very curious on how the outside world celebrated. It would be a great opportunity to learn about people.

When the lecture came to a close and people began dispersing, Vlad stood still for a while and weighed his options as to what to do next. Looking on, he could already see a group of people trying to catch the esteemed professor before he left. He also thought about hitting up the gym to test himself, but given what he knew of the local gym Seath wouldn't have a good time there. So perhaps sometime some pokemon searching in the surrounding wilderness would be fruitful.

So with a plan in mind, he decided to join the group of people gathering around Oak to perhaps gain a gem of wisdom before setting out into the wilds.

Show
    Eh i'll have vlad also zerg oak for the sake of bringing the group together early i guess
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

7. - Top - End - #7

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    "Yo, gramps!"
    Before Raul can receive any sort of response from Oak, someone charges into him from behind, and he fumbles to catch the camera he'd been carrying in his hands. "Whoa there! Expensive equipment here!" After regaining his balance, he shoots the overeager boy a brief look of annoyance. Putting the camera back around his neck where it would be safer, he turns his attention back to Oak to gauge the professor's response to the sudden gathering. Not that Raul had expected any less than a rapidly converging crowd.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The audience proves a tricky task to negotiate, and by the time you break free the Professor and Misty have made their escape through a side door. You catch up with them quickly enough, as they've stopped just inside the doors to talk quietly to one another. At Clint's shout, they both turn to look at you in surprise

"Well, it's certainly been a while since anyone called me that," Oak says with a sigh. "Unfortunately, I'm rather busy at the moment-"

"That can wait," Misty says with a smile, placing a hand on the old man's shoulder. "Helping bright young people is what this summer's about, after all. And it was mostly your idea, anyway..."

"You win as always," Oak says ruefully, rubbing the back of his head. "So, I'm Professor Samuel Oak, which I think you already knew. What can I do for you all? ...Could you be a little more specific than "

Spoiler: Marcus
    Show
    There's no trainers of any particular note, other than the ones currently chasing after Professor Oak.

Spoiler: Celeste
    Show
    As he's talking, Oak's aura is a bright, lively green - he's obviously very enthusiastic about his work. Misty's is bright, too, although it dims a little when she mentions the anniversary - it's also dominated by a blue tint, but maybe that's because she's the Water Pokemon Master?

The audience, on the other hand, is a dizzying, blinding array of colours that's painful to look at directly. Constantly shifting and swirling as the minds and emotions swirl according to their own mysterious patterns.

Clint's shouting shifts the Professor's aura - and Misty's, too, to a lesser extent - towards a sad blue and dims slightly. Particularly when Red and Blue are mentioned. It bounces back quickly enough, but the flicker was there.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick reminder that poking around in people's heads, and spying on their emotions is not something most people will appreciate - and there are some places where it's actually a crime to do so. I'm cool with you doing it, but letting people know that you're doing it will seldom end well.

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    You don't *have* to stick together if you don't want to - I just dropped you all here so there was a good chance of you all meeting.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Aura doesn't allow for unwanted entry into someone's mind. She wasn't reading his mind, just sending a mental message rather than contributing the the rest of the noise.

Celeste breathes a small sigh of relief. The professor was as kind as people said. "Well... I heard you were going to be in town, and I know that you would sometimes give trainers their first starter... I was wondering if I could borrow one to go to Lavender. Nothing big, just, maybe an Oddish?" she says, calmed slightly by the kind aura of the old man but still clearly nervous. "I'd bring them right back, I promise!" she adds quickly, hands playing with part of her dress. She was normally more confident, but this was the Professor Oak!
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2015-01-12 at 03:04 PM.

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"Sorry," Clint mutters to the man with the camera, almost completely ignoring him.

"I dunno. I mean, you helped all of that group of Trainers, right? You're the one that got them all ready to go and become the very best. Did you like tell them anything? Give them special advice?" Clint asks, straining his brain cells to try to figure out a way to phrase this. When they'd left in the show, all Oak had really done is give them a Pokemon and send them on their way, right? What if the Pokemon Oak gave them were magic or something? Wait, that was dumb. Magic wasn't a real thing. Still, people that got Pokemon from him did seem to do pretty well by themselves...

Wait! He'd given them a mission! Help with the Pokedex or whatever, right? That was what he'd told them they needed to do! But that was done now. What else did Oak need help with? What kind of Pokemon was he still studying? What Pokemon had very little research done into them overall and, at this point, were still fairly misunderstood?

"Oh! I know!' Clint says aloud, answering his own mental conversation.

"When they started a long time ago you had them help you with the Pokedex, right? And that made them strong, right? So, what if I help you with something? I could help you with your Mega Evolution stuff!" Clint says, a huge, dumb grin on his face before it suddenly falls. "But Huge can't Mega Evolve," he adds in a mumble, clearly crestfallen.

"Oh! I know! What if you tell me where there's someplace I can catch something that can Mega Evolve? Then I can bring it back to you, you can check it out, do sciency stuff, the you give it back to me and I make it so it can Mega Evolve all over the place! How does that sound?" Clint says, fairly proud of his plan. Not only would Oak be helping him a bit, but by giving the Pokemon to Oak and then taking it back maybe it would count as a real Professor Oak Pokemon and be super special!

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Charm to make Oak think this isn't the dumbest thing he's ever heard.
    (3d6+5)[17]

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

As Marcus carefully makes his way through the crowd, making it around the two rather sudden requests, he raises an eyebrow. Oh come now, there's plenty of pokemon in the wilds! Marceline was proof all you had to do was go for a walk, and BAM, pokemon! Though heading out of town...hm. that could be useful. Can't afford town much longer, and most of the card sharpedo know his tells by now, and Frankie was in Fuchsia, wasn't he? Still owes Looking the two over, a small idea forms as he comes up through the crowd.
    "Well, those make my question rather dull. I was just gonna ask what bar and when so if I found some cash I could buy you a drink, then go on my way."
    He gives a grin to them both, and at the group forming. Celeste likely sees a green aura, envy and greed rising to the top over most emotions, but with an inner yellow streak, sign of cowardice, of unreliability.
    "Leader Misty, Professor Oak. If you want, though, I could give these two a hand instead since I couldn't help but overhear their goals, and since they could head the same way and I was planning to travel myself. One of the slides was a gastly, right? Far more common near Lavender, and fall under mega evolving pokemon known about. Assuming they don't object, 'course."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-01-12 at 06:26 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"Woah buddy," Clint says, looking at the older man just offering to escort him around. "I don't need an escort, alright? And there's no way in hell that I'm going anywhere near a city that isn't a part of this big festival, alright? I'm going to Vermillion. If a frickin' Weedle could Mega Evolve I'd take it if I can get it on my way to Vermillion, alright? Actually, Beedrill are kinda cool," Clint says, rambling somewhat before snapping back to attention.

"So thanks, but no thanks. Ghosts are for sissies anyways."

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Misty and Oak take a moment to stare at the group, and their requests.

"Well, doesn't that remind you of someone?" Misty murmurs after a moment.

"Indeed," Oak nods solemnly before clearing his throat and interrupting. "I'm not quite sure how you think that helping me will help you, young man, but if you would like to assist with our research, you would be quite welcome to do so. As for you, young lady, as much as I would like to help you, I don't carry pokemon suitable for new trainers with me everywhere I go,"

"Actually, I might be able to help with a pokemon. Information, too, since part of the work is mine and Erika's,"
    Misty breaks in with one of her trademark smiles. "But before we get to that, would you mind introducing yourselves? You have us a quite the disadvantage here,"

Show
    As they whisper to one another, both their auras are suffused with wispy blue tendrils of sentimentality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know, but a lot of the people Celeste will meet won't and will make assumptions if she starts speaking into their minds.
    Last edited by Aneurin; 2015-01-12 at 06:08 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm Clint!" the Trainer says, puffing out his chest. "Clint Jacks! Well, my real name is Clinton, but that's lame. Sounds like an old man name," he says, somehow not noticing that it could offend Oak since, well, he's kinda old.

"And this," he says, lifting his Pokeball high above his head and spiking it down, "Is Huge, the strongest and coolest Machop in the world!"

In a flash of red light Huge emerges, already flexing and posing for whatever crowd was watching (And yes, they'd practiced doing this. What else do you train your Pokemon to do other than hit things harder?). It seems to have no shame, moving from pose to pose without a second thought.

When Oak says that he'll allow the team to help with research a huge grin breaks out on Clint's face. With a brief gesture he tells Huge to stop, the show stopping with a reluctant sigh from the Machop.

"Seriously? I mean, of course. We're the best. Everybody wants our help,"" Clint says, sticking a hand out to Huge for a high five and, upon the thunderous reply, shakes his hand a few times while making a pained expression. The Machop either seems to be choking or holding back laughter, although for some reason the latter seems far more likely.

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm Celeste Berger. I live just a little north of here out by the cape." She looks a little downtrodden when Oak mentions that he doesn't carry any starters, but perks up at the mention of Misty possibly being of help. "Thank you, ma'am." Her voice gets a little more confident now, the gym leader being a bit more familiar to her than the professor.

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Internally, Marcus shrugs at that. No sense using an idiot who doesn't want you. Too much fighting that way.
    "Weedle was on there too, you know. Anyway, suit yourself, though you'll have such fun dealing with psychics."
    Then he sends out Marceline, snoozing and coiled up between him and the boisterous one, only to be abruptly woken up by the overly loud nature of the display, giving a grumpy rattle of her tail as she looks about to the group. Then Marc leans down, letting her slither up his arm. As she slithers up, a collar seeming to be made of spinarak silk and carefully carved bug type shell shards is notable around where the yellow band is.
    "Anyway, this here's Marceline, and I'm Marcus Bertram. Pleasure meeting you both."
    From her perch, Marceline lets her head drift towards trainers and the two VIPs, tongue darting out to taste the air around them.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-01-12 at 06:49 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlad catches up with the Gym Leader and Professor after navigating his way through. When he gets there, he just politely sits in the back while some of the more vocal members of the group conversed among themselves. He finally spoke up when Misty requested an introduction. "I am Vladimir Xiao, though Vlad is just fine." He added a slight bow towards everyone, mainly at the Professor and gym leader. "I'm from a village a little north of Mt Moon, called Drangleic. I was just seeing if i could hear some advice before I get to far my traveling."

He looks over towards the older man who had previously offered to help the one called Client. "I wouldn't mind taking you up on that offer, as I'm still trying to find my pace way from the nest. So to speak."

Show
    I just realized that I never named the village/town that Vlad's from so i just went ahead and gave it a name
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

While doing his utmost best to keep it from his face, that yellow streak in Marcus's aura becomes more muted as someone takes his offer. He turns offers a hand to Vlad, smile large and sincere.
    "Pleasure to have you, then."
    Then, he notices the instrument upon your back, and after looking it over carefully, nods appreciatively.
    "Always nice to have another who appreciates music. Mind teaching me that one sometime? Used to have a guitar, myself, but always sang better anyways."
    That, and as he found near the end of dating Daisy, you couldn't get a concussion from being brained with your instrument that way. Never knew a gal so defensive of her own cooking...

19. - Top - End - #19

BlueKnightGuy

Show
    The man in sunglasses displays a stately silver aura of tenacity, with a core of light blue at the center indicating a soft heart. The blue becomes more metallic in response to Clint's insincere apology.

While the others made their respective pleas of Oak, Misty, and one another, Raul is rifling through his backpack. Emerging with a journal and pen, he opened it up to a blank page and marked it with the date. "My name is Raul Aquez, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I represent The Choir; my colleagues and I pursue and preach the truths others have forgotten, abandoned, or misplaced." He delivers the group's motto with practiced flow and efficiency. Breaking into a more casual tone he speaks to Oak almost like an aside in a play, "I apologize in advance if any of this sounds a bit out of nowhere. I promise this is going somewhere."

"One of the truths that has thus far eluded us is what really caused the disaster still fresh in the minds of many here in Cerulean: the Monster's rampage. So little concrete information is available about what the Monster was. All the public knows is the destruction it wrought," Raul recites - again it's clear he's gone over this before coming to the lecture. While he speaks he records each word in his journal in a transcript. "As one of the greatest minds of our time, many wonder how the origin of the Monster could stump you - or why someone of your character would keep it secret. With recent developments in the still-new field of Mega Evolution and the more seasoned field of fossil research, our readers wonder: does it hold the secret behind the origin of this tragedy? Could it teach us how to prevent another?" Taking a breath, Raul looks up past the upper frame of his shades and aims for eye contact with the Pokemon Professor. His tone even delivering the practiced lines suggests genuine curiosity on the subject.

Show
    Charm: (4d6+2)[12]
    Intuition to gauge the reaction: (3d6+1)[12]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlad looked over his shoulder and glanced at his guqin. "Sure, I wouldn't mind showing you a thing or two." He added a smile when someone took interest in the instrument. "And thank you for having me along."

Vlad fell silent again when other of the group whipped out a pen and pad and started an interview with the gym leader and professor. He had to admit, he was curious about how'd they respond.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you all. I'm sure we can get you sorted with a pokemon without any trouble. In fact, I think I can do something for each of you if you'd like," Misty smiles, as you all introduce yourselves. And then Raul asks his question, and the mood darkens considerably.

"Oh, not this again," Oak begins. "Look, for the last time-"

"-we do not know anything that wasn't in the official statements," Misty breaks in angrily. "And before you start making accusations, I'd like to remind you that it was my town that was destroyed, and a Gym Leader died to stop that thing! Both of us, and just about everyone else has investigated what it was and we just don't know. It appeared, broke a lot of things, then died messily. If you and that crackpot Choir of yours don't believe us, or think you know something we don't, then I suggest you go have a look at the crater it left. It's the lake to the north east of here. Then maybe look at the memorial out there, too, and remember that people died before you start making your accusations!"

"As Misty said, a lot of people died," Oak says, with a hint of apology in his eyes as Misty glares daggers at Raul. "Some of whom we both knew. We've studied as much as we can but we have no idea just what it might have been. Whether it was a pokemon, some man-made creation, or something new is impossible to say. We're not even entirely sure what happened to it - all we know is that Blaine appeared from nowhere just after the destruction and went chasing off after it, and then a few hours later there was an explosion and Cerulean had a new lake," He checks his watch and sighs.

"I do have a meeting I need to go to now, I'm afraid. But if you'd like to go to the gym with Misty, she'll set you up with your new pokemon. I'll meet you down there when I'm done, and explain about what you can do to help us,"

Spoiler: Raul
    Show
    They don't seem to be lying. In fact, they seem to be quite angry. Maybe implying they were covering something up was a bit of a mistake?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

At Raul's question, Marcus's eyes narrow as he gives a short glare at the man. Why would coming to a city where the last of the Beast's rampage occurred and bringing that up, practically accusing two of those with the most to learn from the experience of a cover up, and then expecting them to go "well gee, I guess we haven't told you all everything" even remotely sound like a good idea? Not a soul alive in Cerulean (at least, from those that evacuated in time, which were those who made up the majority of survivors) was untouched by it's mad swath of destruction. Not a single one of them had come out unscathed. Everyone had names of kin on that shrine that didn't come here after the devastation.
    However, he fought the urge to rant at the man down. He fought the urge to get angry, to yell, to get the man away down. Instead, he settled on a disapproving scowl.
    "Some questions are not appropriate for the opportunity you see. We all lost that day, and effects still linger. So try and have some respect, because people still get sore here."
    Not even a little satisfying, but it would have to do right now. He scratches Marcie's head as he stands next to Vlad, then the offer is made.
    "Seriously? Thank you kindly, both of you."
    Hey, a job's a job and a spare pokemon is always a relief.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-01-14 at 01:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

BlueKnightGuy

Raul had intended to provoke an emotional response and it certainly worked. That kind of anger isn't something that can be faked. Of course it wasn't the first time he'd had such a negative response, and he records everything in his notebook despite the tension in the air. "I would be lying if I said I didn't mean to offend, but I apologize for it all the same. Emotion is always more honest than mere words." Raul frowns and looks a bit guilty, but he didn't know these people personally. He had to make sure they were sincere with his own eyes and ears.

"If people stop looking for the truth we can never learn from it. I want to help give those people who lost everything closure, and make sure nothing like this happens anywhere else," with a sigh Raul explains himself. Stowing the notebook back in his pack, he zips it up and slings it over his shoulder. "Thank you for taking the time to answer, and again, I'm sorry for throwing salt on the wound. I'll get out of your hair." A nod of farewell is given to everyone present as Raul exits the building.

Now that a statement had been given by the professor and the gym leader, Raul's next stop is the crater itself. He holds out his arm and a Swablu flutters down from the roof to perch on his gloved hand. Raul prefers to let Yarn get plenty of fresh air instead of staying cooped up in a ball. "Went better than expected, actually. Thought Misty was gonna punch me out for a sec there," he narrates to Yarn while making his way northwest towards the memorial.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you, sir," Celeste says, ignoring the remarks by the reporter. He was curious, but just lacked the tact to ask in a way that was non-confrontational. Something was off about it; that didn't mean there was a cover up, just that people honestly didn't know.

"Thank you, Misty, for the offer."

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Damn it man, why the hell would you ask that!" Clint asks, wanting to shove the reporter. "Were you born with rocks in your head?"

Behind Clint Huge chuckles at the joke, although it's likely nobody else did.

Clint, of course, had been too young to really remember the tragedies that had happened. Sure, people told him what happened and sure, he had been alive for it but so what? It's not like any of it had actually affected him. As far as Clint knew it was just something you read about in a history book.

"And a Pokemon?" Clint says excitedly, a huge grin on his face. It wouldn't be an Oak Pokemon, but Misty was close enough, right? Maybe if he didn't have a full Oak Pokemon he could claim to be a self-made man or something like that. "Yes please!"

Huge glowers at the comment about another Pokemon; why would Clint need anything more than him? He was the best!

Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Raul

It's a little over under hour's walk up the well travelled path to the lake. As you near it, you can see the rocky monument carved with the names of all those who died during the attack.

The lake itself is a huge, irregularly shaped bowl. The stone sides look as though they melted and ran in an intense heat, forming strange whirls and bubbles. It doesn't look particularly deep by the memorial, where it connects to the river.

It looks like there's someone moving about further along the rim of the lake, but it's otherwise quiet.

Everyone Else

"Oh, it's no problem," Misty says, ignoring Raul. "I was looking for someone to take some, anyway,"

As Misty leads you through the university grounds, Oak vanishes with a polite goodbye in the direction of the admin buildings. It doesn't take long to arrive at the Gym, and when you do Misty lets you in through the backdoor - giving you a glimpse of the dark side of the Gym. Well, kind of.

It's certainly not as showy as the parts open for shows and visitors, but it's hardly shabby either. Everything looks pretty well maintained, even if it is mostly breezeblocks painted a horrific shade of grey and exposed pipes.

"Sorry about the mess," Misty adds, opening a door to a room with a pool. "We don't normally take visitors in this way, but I didn't want to have to deal with all the autograph hunters right now,"

This room, in contrast to the corridors, is warm and comfortable with the wood-panelled walls typical of the gym. The pool itself is reminiscent of the show-pools of the arena and performance area, even if it has been done up to look like something more natural with plants, rocks and even a small waterfall in evidence.

There's also a gyarados in the middle of the pool; the largest gyarados any of you has ever seen, it's covered in old scars and has an evil glint in it's eyes - and it's looking at you.

"Well, come in. The pokemon I mentioned are just in here,"

27. - Top - End - #27

BlueKnightGuy

Slowly walking up to the monument, Raul looks upon it solemnly. His gaze shifts to the 'lake' and he walks up to the edge. "Certainly doesn't look like anything could have survived this... but what exactly did Blaine do, I wonder?" Crouching down he runs a finger from his free hand through the water at the edge of the bowl. Yarn twitters in reply. Looking up, Raul notices another figure wandering around the edge of the lake. Standing again he makes his way towards them.

"You know that raises another question. Oak said that Blaine appeared out of nowhere, and somehow knew exactly how to stop the Monster. I wonder if he already knew this was going to happen? I mean it didn't sound like anybody called him for help," Raul glances aside at Yarn, who just tilts his head quizzically. Raul keeps walking and runs his tongue over his teeth absently in thought. "Maybe we can find more answers in Cinnabar. I don't have any money for a ferry though, we'll need to find some work and save up."

As the two get closer to their unexpected company, Raul strains his eyes to get a better look.

Show
    Perception to see the figure better: (3d6+2)[11]

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"HOLY CRAP!" Clint shouts, pointing for Huge's benefit. The Gyarados was massive! Where could he get a Pokemon like that? Would Misty give them ones like that? Probably not, but that would still be pretty cool.

"How old is that Gyarados?" he asks excitedly, shoving his way to the front of the line. "And what kind of Pokemon are you giving us? Horsea? Weedle? Sandshrew?" he quickly says, just running through a list of Pokemon he thinks are cool more than anything.

Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Marcus gives a small laugh at Clint's reaction.
    "Pretty sure I heard a rumor saying he's the reason for the rest of the lakes. Still the King Serpent of Kanto though!"
    Marcie lets that pass, as she knew it would only be a matter of time before she became Queen Serpent. Besides, it is no crime to have pride in the home team. He follows along, giving respectful distance to the giant gyarados.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2015-01-16 at 04:07 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Celeste stays well away from the pool. Hostile or not, that Gyarados was something to give a wide space to. "That is a large, large Gyarados. How did it get so big?"

Show