New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: The Forgotten Forge, Group 1 [IC]

Despite the warforged's weaving, Alamryn's dart lodges in his neck and he falls to the ground. As the last time you saw a warforged fall, part of his chest detaches and flies off into the sewer, toward the west.
    Spoiler: XP and Treasure
    Show

240 XP for each of you.
    Presuming Alamryn dismisses her Entangle spell, it's easy to loot all three bodies; if not, the experience involves a lot more getting stuck. Either way, you find, on each shifter, a dagger, a suit of leather armor, and a pouch containing 5 gold. On the warforged you find a rapier, a light crossbow, a case with 10 crossbow bolts, a cloak, a set of thieves' tools, and a backpack.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wrench replenishes his own supply of crossbow bolts with the fallen enemies, then looks around to see if he can recover any of his fired bolts. "What now?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (3d2)[2][1][1](4) 1 is recovered, 2 is destroyed.
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

3. - Top - End - #183

Griffon

Alamryn dismisses the vines then kneels next to one of the shifters, trying to stop the bleeding. If she can, she'll do the same for the other one too unless someone stops her.
    Spoiler: Heal
    Show
    (1d20+4)[5]
    (1d20+4)[13]
    Here's two, but I expect more to be needed, as she's not that good at this. You can roll the rest, as how many she can make depends on how far in the negatives they are.

Can she retrieve the darts? They are thrown weapons, so I'm not entirely sure what's the ruling with them.

After, she awakens the power of her Mark, to take a look at the looted items, just to check if any are magical.

Quote Originally Posted by esorscher View Post
    Wrench replenishes his own supply of crossbow bolts with the fallen enemies, then looks around to see if he can recover any of his fired bolts. "What now?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[5] 1 is recovered, 2 is destroyed.
    "I guess we... continue?", the druid says, standing up.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

4. - Top - End - #184

Spoiler: Alamryn
    Show

None of the items are magical.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Darts aren't propelled with nearly as much velocity as bolts or arrows, so I'll say you can retrieve all the ones you just threw.
    The shifter Fenix slashed as he tried to run died within six seconds of Fenix doing so. The other one:
    (1d10)[1] -5
    (1d10)[1] -6; here combat ends
    (1d10)[6], Alamryn's already-made check fails, -7
    (1d10)[3], Alamryn's already-made check fails, -8
    (1d10)[4], Heal check: (1d20+4)[22],
    (1d10)[3], Heal check: (1d20+4)[8], you manage to stabilize the nearly-dead shifter. The warforged, of course, stabilized automatically and is alive. What do you wish to do with them?
    Last edited by Kish; 2015-03-31 at 07:01 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185

Griffon

Alamryn tries to fractically stop the bleeding and finally manages to do so. She lets out a deep sigh. Then it occurs to her that she has no idea what next. When the adrenaline goes down a bit her head clears a bit and she realizes what a problem a prisoner, or two actually, she throws a quick glance at the warforged, might be for their mission. She stands up and takes a nervous look around, kind of hoping that someone else would take charge. "...The items are nothing unusual", she states after casting the spell to have something to say, "So what do we-", her sentence interrupts suddenly when she notices Fenix' wound. "You're bleeding." She states the obvious. Why didn't I notice that earlier, what, what if it had been worse?

Show
    Should she heal him? The reason I'm asking is that there's only one healing spell and it's probably the only change to get either of the prisoners into talking shape at this moment. We don't have to do that though, Alamryn can just Fenix and the we can all move on, if you guys want to.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Fenix let down his shield, and took a deep breath, as he began to feel the pain of his wound begin to sink in. He'd managed to get through the fight without paying too much attention to it, but it was still there. He, however, pulled himself together and said "'Tis but a scratch. I'll make it through the day. We need to get the Warforged awake, and get what his employer wants from us out of him."
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!
    (Yeah call me empy, and also I am not actually female)

7. - Top - End - #187

Griffon

"Uh, okay... If you think so", the druid looks worried, but agrees. She approaches the unconsciuos warforged, "Though should we, restrain him first? If he hates people made of flesh and blood, I'm afraid he might attack us again right away."

8. - Top - End - #188

"I can repair him," Wrench says, thinking of the infusion he'd been saving for himself, in case of emergency. "Tie him up good and tight, and I'll fix him up." Wrench says. Once the warforged is properly restrained, he will cast Repair Light Damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Repair Light Damage: (1d8+1)[4]
    "Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence"

"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."

9. - Top - End - #189

Wrench binds and repairs the enemy warforged, and he jerks awake and attempts fruitlessly to lunge at Wrench "Grah! Ah," he snarls. "The Lord of Blades will have you turned into scrap metal, flesh-lover!"

10. - Top - End - #190

"Can it," Wrench says, amusing himself. "What is it you're after?"

11. - Top - End - #191

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by esorscher View Post
    "I can repair him," Wrench says, thinking of the infusion he'd been saving for himself, in case of emergency. "Tie him up good and tight, and I'll fix him up." Wrench says. Once the warforged is properly restrained, he will cast Repair Light Damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Repair Light Damage: (1d8+1)[7]
    "Oh, that is a better solution", Alamryn nods and walks back to Fenix, "Best fix that wound then."

Spoiler: Healing
    Show
    CLW: (1d8+1)[7]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

As Fenix's wounds began to clear up, he said "Thank you once again, ma'am.", before waltzing over to the Warforged on the ground, and stood next to Wrench with his arms together.
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

13. - Top - End - #193

The warforged on the floor squirms and laughs harshly. "The end of your world! You haven't even been told what your master wants here, have you?"

14. - Top - End - #194

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    As Fenix's wounds began to clear up, he said "Thank you once again, ma'am.", before waltzing over to the Warforged on the ground, and stood next to Wrench with his arms together.
    "You're welcome", Alamryn says with a smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    The warforged on the floor squirms and laughs harshly. "The end of your world! You haven't even been told what your master wants here, have you?"
    The druid holds back a shudder, no need to show that those words made her nervous. "You say that, how do you know what their goal is?"

15. - Top - End - #195

"I'll tell you nothing, flesh-beast. Nor you either, traitor. Die as you lived, as pawns." He squirms.
    Spoiler: squirming
    Show

(1d20+3)[11]

16. - Top - End - #196

"Enough of this," Wrench says. "He's not going to talk. Take his head off." He turns his back on the warforged.

17. - Top - End - #197

"The Lord of Blades will rebuild me, but no one's going to rebuild you!" The warforged continues to wriggle.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

The armored man of religion knelt next to the Warforged, pushing his hand outwards to stop anyone from actually killing the fellow. He glared into the Warforged face, removed his sword, putting it to his face, and said "Tell us what this is all about, or I'll make sure that your 'Lord of Blades' will never find your parts. And believe me, I never lie."

Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate roll: (1d20+6)[22]
    If anyone wants to Aid Another, well, go ahead.
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

19. - Top - End - #199

You think Fenix's words would scare anyone but a fanatic. Unfortunately, the warforged shows every sign of being a fanatic; though he grinds his metal teeth, he only repeats, "I will tell you nothing."

20. - Top - End - #200

Griffon

"It would be easy to do so too", Alamryn says, trying to keep her voice stern, "After all, much gets lost in a city like Sharn. Especially at the lower levels.."

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, oh well, I guess she can try to help..
    Intimidate, Aid Another: (1d20+1)[8]

EDIT: Yeah, didn't think so.
    Last edited by CWater; 2015-04-06 at 08:51 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201

Wrench brushes his hands together up and down as if he were wiping the dirt off of them, as if to indicate that he has no desire to question this warforged further. "Shame I wasted that infusion on him," he says.

22. - Top - End - #202

"A waste like everything you've ever done, flesh-lover," the warforged agrees. His voice sounds kind of distracted; his bound hands writhe.
    Show
    You can tell, in a less referencing-game-mechanics way, that he's taking 20 on an Escape Artist check, which means you have two minutes to interrupt him before he gets whatever the result of rolling a 20 on his Escape Artist check would be.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Fenix grumbled something about 'fanatics' and their 'absolute devotion', entirely ignoring the irony in his thoughts, and then said "Well, if I can't make you talk, then I can still stop you from trying to escape. We are right here, you know? I'd say that we should take him back to the Cannith's once we're done. Only issue is, how do we get him there without him getting away?"
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

24. - Top - End - #204

Wrench slams the warforged against the ground. "That ought to keep him under." He takes another look at the bonds to make sure they are still tight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Coup de grace against a bound opponent, automatic critical and fortitude save DC 14 required in order to live.

Slam damage: (2d3)[4]
    Last edited by esorscher; 2015-04-06 at 04:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+1)[4]

Wrench's blow shatters something vital in the warforged's spine, and he stops moving entirely.

What do you do now?
    Last edited by Kish; 2015-04-06 at 10:16 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Griffon

The sound of something breaking when the warforged is slammed to the ground makes Alamryn flinch. "..Guess we won't get anything else out of him."

Spoiler
    Show
    Should we just continue forward?

27. - Top - End - #207

"Indeed. Let's press on," Wrench says, pausing only to search the warforged again for anything they might have missed the first time.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Fenix sighed as he unfolded his hands, and sheathed his blade. He thought for a moment, then pulled his blade back out, figuring that perhaps they were not in the clear yet. "Then onwards we'd better go."
    Who's that girl?
    It's empy!

29. - Top - End - #209

Leaving the bodies behind, you head west and turn north. A circular metal hatch, set into the tunnel wall and engraved with arcane runes, must be the sealed door that Elaydren told you about. In the middle of the hatch, a glowing circle of mithral depicts the same icon as on Bonal's journal--a stylized anvil and hammer.

30. - Top - End - #210

Wrench holds up the journal to the hatch. If that doesn't open the hatch, he will search around the chamber. If it does open the hatch, he will search around the chamber anyway, just in case.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take 20 on Search for 26.