New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Yusri, Near Purity

When the scouts did not return after a full blink, that was all the answer Yusri required. He ordered for their camp to be quickly broken and to make full haste to the west. As much as it broke his heart to see any left behind, he could not afford to continue to throw men at a danger they knew nothing about. The group fled as far as fast as they could to the west, bordering on a forced march.

Voice, On the Road

"I apologize." The mask whispered. "I was...not aware of the customs. I'm afraid I don't have any food and you were occupied earlier. This was the first opportunity I had to speak." He said, to-the-point but polite. "If you answer my questions now, I'll get you whatever you wish in the morning."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mianmi

There were fires burning the forest glades. It was known to the Tenders that life -- all life -- had a beginning and an end, but there were ways to go, and precipitous endings of life. Their songs called out to their mother for strength, and strength and power she bequeathed to them. Three more children for their numbers.

The first shared many of the general features of the satyr. Where the satyr was slender, though, these were hewn rock and ancient tree. From furry pillars of legs, to a bronzed and muscled chest, with a pair of arms thicker around than some tree trunks, to that not-at-all-human head. All too large, a long snout, tufted ears that flicked, and from the prodigious hair, a pair of curved horns that bent down and out like a bull. Given a chest to bellow from and a horn to blow, the other hand could easily heft a weapon that would take a strong human both arms to lift. The Minotaur, the bull of the fey, was so born.

Second was called forth with a long and strong body supported over four equine legs, made for weight and running. From that form grew a robust and hirsute torso with a pair or arms made for handling weapons of battle and instrument of music alike. More valuable than the bulk of the body or speed of the legs, though, was the head atop that torso. With a flowing mane down the back of its neck, a pair of twisting horns upwards from the forehead, and large cups of ears; it was between those ears that was a brain of unusual cunning for the fey, a mind made for complexity, in battle strategy or music, and so the Centaur, cunning and wise of the fey, was brought into being.

The last of the three was not a creature of great size or surpassing muscles. It might, to some, appear to be a creature of beauty and elegance and peace.

Appearances are deceiving.

Four hooves lay at the base of the four slender legs. From that alone, it might appear as a mere colt. The body of a horse, slim and trim, gleamed atop those legs, for in their native, original state, it had a coat of white, pure white, so much so that the light seemed to shatter into prisms where it struck. A healthy horse’s chest rose up to a slim neck, bedecked with mane, and an equine face. The first thing that seemed odd about the whole thing, apart from the color, was the single horn. A twisted, gnarling, spiraling horn rose from the middle of the creature’s forehead, between the eyes. Then one might notice the eyes. No horse ever possessed ocular means such as this creature, with such intelligence or uncaring hauteur. No, this was not a creature of physical strength, to cleave enemies asunder with axe or sword. It worked far more dangerously.

It is said by some that knowledge is the greatest weapon. Such as this might be one embodiment of that saying. That single horn was focus for the wrath of the fey writ on those who would come against them, for this was a creature of magic, of intelligence, and yes, of hate. If seen in the height of battle -- and lo, that it might never be so, for such would almost certain spell doom for others -- the coat would be stained red or green or blue with the fluids of enemies, the horn aglow with power as spells coursed from it, and in that broad, unblemished white chest, a maw of ravening teeth might consume the power of the slain, all the while singing the doomsong to the accompaniment of the drumming of its hooves shredding the bodies of the fallen. Beware ye who see this creature, for it is Unicorn, mind and magic of the fey.

Minotaur, Centaur, Unicorn. These are the Horned Ones, given to the fey as defenders. Flee if you value your life.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 5 + 5 (Rollover) - 2 (Create Populace: Minotaur, Centaur, Unicorn) - 1 (Teach Concept: Songs of the Fey) = 2

3. - Top - End - #333
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    Tiamat, Demiourgia

Erebus

The Queen of Dragons enters Erebus. No longer bound by the laws of the Playground that the First Creator had placed before he vanished, Tiamat is able to unleash her full potential should she wish to. For outside the Playground, was were the big boys played.

Tiamat looks at the Keepers who were gathering to see to his intruder. However this visit was purely for diplomatic purposes, so the First Daughter of the Cosmic Mother conceals her disdain of having to deal with lesser creatures, and instead puts on her warmest smile. As warm a smile as a five headed dragon can produce. "Greetings. I desire an audience with the Lord of Death."
    Erebus
    The keepers remain vigilant at their posts. Word spreads quickly of the mortal that willingly entered Erebus. Word that reaches Kyre by the time the dragon speaks. "Seek Death in the deepest dark." A voice replies from the shadows. The sentries part, allowing Tiamat's passage. A shimmer of darkness, darker than the surrounding shadows, seems to be pointing deeper inwards. The shimmering continues, providing a path for Tiamat. A path that ends at Kyre's citadel.

Spoiler
    Show

Thinking something like the giant image in the background of this image. The smallest window is the size of a great wyrm.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-18 at 11:40 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "The GALL! I am - what awful noises erupt from her, spoken in the primordial tongue, are the very meanings of ancient, horror, violence and forever, but tongues of flesh and of demons are unfit to speak the rumbling of mountains and the churning of seas, much less the concepts of minds, and thus they name her something close, Aldegund, The Old War - , I am the might that The World turns against the gnats on his back!

The body of the primal duchess rumbles. Not the little visage before Helfarch, but The Carnificial Sea around him.
    "... So does that make you a frog?"

If Ulric were not currently suffering delusions of being swallowed by the World, he would probably look at Helfarch like he had lost his mind.

"You don't strike me as a spider. I guess there are mites that eat gnat larvae, maybe that's more appropriate?"

Helfarch laughs uncontrollably, "You're the Mite of The World!"
    Gwyn, The First Knight
    Karthull, The Lord of Slaughter, The Master of Death

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Pernieth, Cassandra, Hagatha, The Peer, Matron Mother Elev Nosh - The Dark Grove

A swirl of blood heralds the arrival of the first avatar of the elder of Destruction. Stepping out of the portal the bloody female figure with a peril white crown upon her head.

"I apologize if I have arrived too late, my research has been absorbing all of my time. Have they arrived yet?"

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

6. - Top - End - #336
    Halfling in the Playground

Yggdrasil, The Void

Yggdrasil stands on the edge of the world. Her earlier burst of creation hinting at untapped power. Flexing her divine abilities had allowed her to create great works, but they had also shown her that she was more powerful than she'd thought.

She first had created a land. A land immediately invaded by another god. She cared not, the balance was not upset. Things had not gone to her original plan but such was the nature of life. The balance was maintained. Instead she focused on the sea, giving it a great explosion of life. Next she focused on the fresh water surrounding the islands. Then the islands of Hoor and Vioarr. Her small initial creations were suddenly filled with mundane life. She was not yet done, for she craved sentient life to worship her. Yet first she must take care that Eir could support such life.

Spoiler
    Show

16 AP
    -3 Raise DR to 7(2 AP create ocean, 2 AP create Eir)
    -2 Create Populace: Ocean Animals in bottom ocean
    -2 Create Populace: Fresh Water animals in bottom ocean around islands
    -3 Raise DR to 8(2 AP Ocean Animals, 2 AP Fresh Water)
    -2 Create Populace: Arctic Animals on Hoor
    -2 Create Populace: Forest Animals on Vioarr
    2 AP

7. - Top - End - #337

Quote Originally Posted by Alber View Post
    Voice, On the Road

"I apologize." The mask whispered. "I was...not aware of the customs. I'm afraid I don't have any food and you were occupied earlier. This was the first opportunity I had to speak." He said, to-the-point but polite. "If you answer my questions now, I'll get you whatever you wish in the morning."
    Trenco, On the Road

Trenco frowned to himself. Stranger and stranger. He made a point of letting out a loud sigh. "Not like you can give me back my sleep. But now you've gone and woken me, so you might as well go ahead and spit it out."
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2015-02-19 at 04:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykire View Post
    Erebus
    The keepers remain vigilant at their posts. Word spreads quickly of the mortal that willingly entered Erebus. Word that reaches Kyre by the time the dragon speaks. "Seek Death in the deepest dark." A voice replies from the shadows. The sentries part, allowing Tiamat's passage. A shimmer of darkness, darker than the surrounding shadows, seems to be pointing deeper inwards. The shimmering continues, providing a path for Tiamat. A path that ends at Kyre's citadel.

Spoiler
    Show

Thinking something like the giant image in the background of this image. The smallest window is the size of a great wyrm.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tiamat was in another's realm, and thus would abide by his rules. Kyre's citadel was large enough so that a Great Wyrm could fit through one of the windows so it was fortunate that the Queen of Dragons would not have to change her form. Reaching the Citadel, she calls out to the darkness from within

"I Tiamat, first Daughter and Queen of the Dragons have come seeking Death."
    she says mimicking the way the Metallic Dragons introduce themselves to one another. Chromatic Dragons do not normally go through such tiresome procedures as each tends to stick to with their own kind.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Banned

Goblin

Neiag, in the world

And as the spider was traveling with the Mond, so his story grew. Mortals were talking about a spider who was a god or a god who was a spider. It wasn't long before he became god of spiders. And even the spiders, if their minds were capable of such thing (but who would ask a spider?) might been worshipping Neiag as their god.
    Who knows, maybe it was what he really wanted?

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

5 AP
    - 2 Gain Portfolio Element (Web)
    - 3 Gain Domain (Spider) [Required 5 AP spent: 2 for creating giant insects, Arachnids and Worms and 3 for creating Neiag's Web plane]
    =0 AP
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2015-02-19 at 12:34 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340

Tiamat was in another's realm, and thus would abide by his rules. Kyre's citadel was large enough so that a Great Wyrm could fit through one of the windows so it was fortunate that the Queen of Dragons would not have to change her form. Reaching the Citadel, she calls out to the darkness from within

"I Tiamat, first Daughter and Queen of the Dragons have come seeking Death."
    she says mimicking the way the Metallic Dragons introduce themselves to one another. Chromatic Dragons do not normally go through such tiresome procedures as each tends to stick to with their own kind.
    "I know who you are Tiamat. I met you and your brother Bahamut both when I first came to this world. If you seek to end your life I'm sure you are capable of doing so without my assistance." Kyre appears from the darkness in the form of a male half-dragon as tall ass Tiamat. He gives her a deadly smile,"You must mean to speak with me instead. Very well, what is it you want? You needn't burden yourself with formalities. Speak plainly."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tiamat & Kyre, Erebus

Excellent, with no need for further formalities, Tiamat could get straight to the point "I witnessed the consequences of death when you cast the Longest Night, dooming mortals to die. Death and shadows interest me greatly, as does keeping the souls of the dead locked away. The last thing I want is the souls of the enemies that I have slain coming back. There will be conflict on the Playground, and mortals will die. It has started already" she says plainly "Therefore, are you and your Keepers ready to deal with the possibility of intruders? Mortal of divine seeking loved and favored ones who have died?"

12. - Top - End - #342

Tiamat & Kyre, Erebus

"The souls are not locked away. They live here free from the oppression of being mortal. Only a fool would wish to take away such peace from those they love. You have no enemies here, those slain come to exist in peace. They do not hunger, tire, or thirst." Kyre pauses in thought, "The Keepers serve as wardens. They allow none to pass without my permission. If mortals truly wish to seek out Death, I would not stop them. So few truly understand my blessings. But none shall ruin the peace I have given to the dead. I will give the Keepers help to make sure of this."

Spoiler
    Show

2 AP
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-02-19 at 11:53 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tiamat & Kyre, Erebus

"Let the dead have their 'peace' as long as they remain here. Only a fool would deny the dead their rest, and yet I see Fools upon the Playground utter dangerous names with wild abandon and to the void with consequences. It is dangerous to underestimate the foolishness of some. My Dragons have subjugated the Orcs, a race who welcomes death in their own primitive way, and who seek to spread death. What do you think will happen when I unleash them upon my enemies? Perhaps I may not have enemies here, but upon the Playground and beyond... only a god knows how vindictive the Divine Ones can be."

"Therefore, it is within my interest to help strengthen your Keepers. While they cannot be taught to summon the powers that flows through our bloodline, it is within my capability to form Dragons to thrive in the darkness of Erebus, vicious and ferocious enough to ensure that your realm remains secure."

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Pernieth, Cassandra, Hagatha, The Peer - The Dark Grove

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Pernieth, Cassandra, Hagatha, The Peer - The Dark Grove

"Huawh?" Hagatha exclaimed before her gaze turned on The Peer once more. She had forgotten the odd looking creature that accompanied Cassandra. This one certainly didn't have the scent of the forest on it, but a scent of another flavor; salty, not earthy, more like the wetlands of her swamps than the trees.

"What good have the dreams done me? They kept me here, trapped, immobile, dreaming of what war and violence I could. I remember those dreams fondly. They filled my nights and days with endless torment.." The Weirdwood said wistfully. "But my nights are long and dreamless now! They simply kept me from expericing true suffering and real pain! Gehehehe!" She said in glee, even salivating a little. The presence of Pernieth seemed to be keeping her partially under control for now, but the stark madness that possessed all Weirdwoods lay just beneath the surface.

The Peer looked onto the depression - that being which was Hagatha - and spoke in its discordant language

Real suffering? There is no difference between sleep and waking. Both are real. If you sleep again . . . we could give you the torment you desire. Your dream would be the largest sea in Mother Mezzethera. . . even the Dukes and Duchesses of Zalsaram would pale to your glory. A whole world of your own. . . every being in pain and in the grips of madness. If you only sleep.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Hagatha, Matron Mother, Pernieth, Cassandra, the Peer - Dark Grove

Pernieth looks upon the not-face that he had seen almost an aeon ago. She had come to the First Tree, and left promising perfection would come. Pernieth had not seen it. To the Matron Mother, he simply shakes his massive head in answer.

He turns to Hagatha, and simply states "Focus", then seems to find that explanation unsatisfactory and huffs, a sound more like a tree brand cracking than an exhalation of air. He reaches down and lifts Cassandra up to sit on his shoulder, and taps her with one vine-finger on the forehead. Her eyes glow with an iridescent radiance for an instant, then return. She frowns for an instant, as if unhappy with what she had been told, then nods. "You, corrupter of the Trees. My Lord asks why you feel the need to desecrate your kith and kin, when there are so many other beings in the world that more deserve your ire? He wonders why you choose these forests, that live and breathe, to destroy, when there are forests that do not live as they do, that could serve your purpose better? And if you will not listen, then hear this. Your actions here have angered the dream world as well as the endless forest. To fight them both would be the height of foolishness. But were you to leave, to venture to the lifeless forests of other lands, then my lord would have no quarrel with you, and neither would the demons, he suspects, for it is only in the waking of the dreaming trees that you have angered their mistress so."

The Pulse of the Forest

Deep in the secret heart of the First Tree, the Lotus Pulses, and across the land of Demiourgia, the trees begin to dream. The dream sun grows with these new fantasies powering it. And within the heart of these new groves, dryads come, born of the Heart Tree within the groves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artifact: Nourishment - Demiourgia: Trees on Demiourgia think and breathe and dream as the trees on the First Tree do, and the ones in Hagatha's grove once did.
    3AP
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2015-02-19 at 01:06 PM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

Eucle - In your dreams stealing your thunder In the dreams of those from Purity

Travel through the dreamland was complicated. Each creature dreamed of one different thing and subjected the are around its dream with its own personal madness. Without focus, the focus that the Anihilators provided in Neutral Ground, rules and sanity were just an afterthought. Eucle went through many dreams. Some were tiny, like the dream of a minute spider which he crossed jumping from webing to webing, others were vast like a bird's dream which mind was filled with the sky. Still more interesting were the dreams of mortals. The fiery fun dreams of goblins contrasted were similar yet so different to the musical concoctions of halflings.

Dreams were Eucle's medium. He had been born within dreams and he had nourished in them before surfacing as a god. Dreams didn't scare him. Not even the most anguish riddled dreams of the humans that followed Yusri or the strict dreams of the genasi. His followers the few that had left far and wide acted like shining beacons giving him a sense of direction. Some of them, the few that had followed the humans that had visited in his travels, shone with a shade of curiosity. A new dream was forming within them as they witnessed the wonders of gramarie. Even if their light were promptly snuffed Eucle was like a hound with a trail.

Time is of little use in dreams. Sometimes it flows fast, others it flows slower or even backwards, perhaps even it doesn't flow. How long did it take the wealth god to reach the ream of those within Purity? It took him four dreams. The dream of a seed that hoped to be a tall and big tree, the dream of a halfling composing a new flute song, a bettle rolling Phos over the horizon and the last thoughts of a young man as they were consumed by black's deathness.

Like a butterfly going from flower to flower the God fluttered from dream to dream. He didn't change them. He didn't even touch them. He just observed. He observed as they built in their dreams what they hoped to imagine in reality. He learned technique from a hundred masters in just the blink of a restful night. And then with what he had come to learn he ran. He ran back to his haven like a thief in the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 2 + 3 AP from rollover
    AP 5 - AP 1: Create concept: Eucle has garnered gramaric powers using dreams through them his followers will control dreams (dreamason) or become dream itself (transcholar)

AP 4 remaining
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Dream Sun

As trees, even those not of the First, all begin to dream the dream sun glows brighter - even brighter than it did before it dimmed. . .

The High Seas, a story.

Elsewhere, a man looked at the horizon, dark for it the Cosmic Mother's eyes were blinking, and saw the glow of the Dream Sun. The man was an Orphan King. . . or an Orphan Prince, for he was just a boy. They called this light - the Ocean Sun - for they did not know it was a Dream Sun. What was the difference.

The boy - his name Arlin - sat on the prow of the ship. His mother was below decks with his father doing grownup stuff, whatever that was, and he didn't have any chores to do.

This ship was not one of the original five ships. Those ships were the Elders. These ones were made and brought to life long after them. This ship was named Sila. Sila's figurehead - that piece of the ship shaped liked a woman - was not her - but that's where she spoke from and so that's what people spoke to. Even though she could hear everything on herself.

Arlin and Sila had become friends. He sat on her prow - and she spoke to him from below. He sometime dangled off the prow so he can talk to her one on one. . . but not this time.

Sila's people - the living ships - were fueled by dreams of adventure and freedom. They wanted to sail everywhere! So did Arlin. His parent's and the ships Captain didn't. The Captain was named Hagan, and he was married to Sila, as all Captains were to their ship. Sila was annoyed at him, since he wanted to be cautious. . . but she would forgive him in time. He was her husband after all and she chose him for a reason. Each ship does - they won't be forced into a marriage, and they wouldn't take orders out of wedlock.

But still, Sila did take orders from Arlin. Sometimes. . . when those orders weren't stupid. She had a soft spot for him.

He was telling her about his dreams. . .

and then I was one of the Black Eye's pirates, you know the one married to Bilda, the Silent Elder, and I was one of his honor guard, and we boarded the other ship - and we killed everyone on board, and Black eye told me that I was very brave . . and

The ship chuckled, used the enthusiasm of youth

and he said that Bilda will set up a match for me as a reward and that I can marry a ship like you and you think anyone will take me

The ship cooed

Of course little one off course - a ship would be lucky to have you when you grow up

And Arlin beamed. . .

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Playground

The cycle continued uninterrupted. Phos gave way to Oussia as summer comes once again to the Playground, while the Underplayground is gripped in cold winter.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Oussia charge: Nourish the Playground with Summer
    Use Phos charge: Pestilence on the Underplayground with Winter

20. - Top - End - #350
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ignus brings the hammer down.

Across the world, humans begins wearing grass skirts, beads and singing songs of peace and love.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ignus' Hammer: Educate Populace: Peace & Love. ((Because the world needs more hippies.))
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Dur'Kala the Jagged Spire
    The months turn into years, which turn into decades as the cycle continues. As winter fades slowly the Aram eat out the core of the Jagged Spire, filling it with bonfires and warrens in memory of the Cackling Flame, while Atarka and her brood claimed the top and crust as their personal domain. The one place of worship for both the Dragons and Aram is the initial bonfire that Grenzo first appeared from, kept lit at all times of day and night by His faithful. A hundred blinks later and Dur'Kala became cramped with the teeming masses of Aram eager to spread joy and fire to the world at large.

It started slowly at first. An Aram, claiming to descend from Krenko the First, was the first to create a cage of stone to house his growing clan. A dragon, one of the ones that came shortly after Atarka called out to her fellow reds that this island was worth ruling over and Old in age by the time the cage was designed, found that he could lift the cage full of excited Aram into the air with ease and transport them. Thus the fear of overpopulation was adverted as ferries of the teeming goblinoids started to fly out and be deposited throughout the Playground. While most met their end, rumors still spread of the horde attacking and burning down areas, not necessarily villages or anything of importance but sometimes fields or attempting to set fire to mountain sides.

Amidst this chaos Grenzo contacted Atarka directly. To her He said ”My chosen one! I see that yours and Mine are working together! Nothing brings a smile to my face quite like seeing my disciples being merry together. Yet... I gaze upon those areas attacked by Ours and see depression. I want you to go out into that Playground that they live and inspire those dreary folk to enjoy life!” With a grin Atarka nodded and lifted off into the air, flying toward the Playground.
    Spoiler: AP
    Show
    AP 1 from last week + 3 from Demigod = 4.
    If I can get away with not spending a point to teach the Aram to build stone cages for them to ride in then all the better! Having a feeling I will though.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Banned

Goblin

Emperor Venom, the Burning Lands

His children fought and bleed and died in the jungle and in the fire. His thoughts, no, their thoughts, were fast and chaotic, full of anger and despair. That was when he descended upon them. That's when he started teaching them. He taught them to build first city, he taught them to fight. But most of all, he taught them to serve.
    Emperor Venom would sit on his throne in Burning Lands. Surrounding him would be the elite of the Yuan-Ti, the rulling caste. Below them were Nagas, living to serve their masters and arrying their orders to the lowest caste, the Lizardmen. Everyone knowing their place in servitude, everyone understanding their purporse and working towards one goal. Power. What once were few tribes, now became his people. Hiddlen in the jungles, waiting to strike. It was Venom Empire

Show

3 AP
    -2 Create Organization (Venom Empire)
    - 1 Teach Populace (Caste System)
    = 0 AP

23. - Top - End - #353

Tiamat & Kyre, Erebus

"Let the dead have their 'peace' as long as they remain here. Only a fool would deny the dead their rest, and yet I see Fools upon the Playground utter dangerous names with wild abandon and to the void with consequences. It is dangerous to underestimate the foolishness of some. My Dragons have subjugated the Orcs, a race who welcomes death in their own primitive way, and who seek to spread death. What do you think will happen when I unleash them upon my enemies? Perhaps I may not have enemies here, but upon the Playground and beyond... only a god knows how vindictive the Divine Ones can be."

"Therefore, it is within my interest to help strengthen your Keepers. While they cannot be taught to summon the powers that flows through our bloodline, it is within my capability to form Dragons to thrive in the darkness of Erebus, vicious and ferocious enough to ensure that your realm remains secure."
    Tiamat & Kyre Erebus
    "The souls belong to me. Such it was stated when I brought souls into the world. To disturb them would court Death's wrath. I appreciate the offer of dragons. Perhaps they would be better served as servants of shadow on the world? Listening for those who wish to cross into Erebus before death and stopping them. If you wish them to exist here in my home they must stay at the edge. I will not have them interfering with my work. They can serve as border guardians with the Keepers. Make your dragons, I will impart the gift of shadow on them so that they do not perish." With that Kyre holds out his hand, in it rests a dragon egg of pure shadow. "This egg is fragile, if it leaves the plane it will crumble. Place within it whatever spawn you wish to receive the gift of shadow."

Spoiler
    Show

2 AP
    2+5 Rollover
    7-2 Create Populace: Shadow, Dark, Deathwarped (spellwarped) templates
    5 AP
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Kethneciel, The Visionary--Above the Playground

Kethneciel stands at the edge of the great machine that is the Visionary, gazing down upon the chained Zalsaram. His head is faceless, covered by heavy grey scales, but it is still somehow obvious that he is watching, gazing down upon the Playground and the mortals moving upon it.

In a small hamlet in Demiourgia, a man named Thestral steals a chicken from his neighbor Brendan. Brendan, outraged, assaults Thestral in his house and beats him to death. Kethneciel's scaled hands, crossed over his chest, tighten involuntarily.

Elsewhere, on the Challenge Mountains, a bronze dragon has killed a deer. A larger red dragon, seeing an easy kill, swoops in and drives off the bronze, settling in to eat. Before the meal is finished, the bronze returns with three others of its kind, their lightning breath scorching the red's wings and forcing it to flee. Kethneciel's lower body, shaped like an immense, grey-scaled dragon, twitches as though shrugging off a fly.

Far to the North, a man cuts down a tree. This tree is not simply a part of the woods, however; it is one of the great trees, gifted sentience and strength by Eucle's gift to Pernieth. The man offers no prayer nor gives any homage before the tree is cut down, and the dryads of the forest, enraged by this act, kill the man and any other men who enter the forest from his village. Mouthless, Kethneciel utters a great sigh, shaking his head.

Murder and theft, rage and despair, revenge and vengeance all flash before the newly-born god's eyes, absorbed in an instant as a vicious cycle of death and chaos. From beneath the faceless mask, Kethneciel speaks softly, contemptuously. "Foolish. Emotional. Partisan." He reaches out one hand, stretching it over the Playground. Immediately, there sprung into the heads of mortals the concept of judges, of an impartial person or thing that passes judgment in disputes.

Show
    15 AP

-1 AP (Create Concept): as stated above, the idea of a third, impartial party to settle disputes, oversee contracts, and interpret the law on a case-by-case basis.

-2 AP (Create Organization): Judges and law enforcement. A body of people, connected to the government but not directly related to them, whose job is to uphold the law and interpret it when necessary, not to make no laws or rules.

12 AP Remaining

Kethneciel gazes down at his work, and is satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

The High Seas, a story.

.. and this time I was a Sworn Man in the Syndicate, spying for Haia, the Queen of the Crooked Fleet, within, GET THIS, Jarok!

Sila, the ship, stiffled a yawn . . . she just woke up from a dream of the sun . . .

Yeah Jarok. His husband is Awesome! Did you know that some ships are men? I didn't! Why didn't you tell me? You think my ship might be a guy instead of a girl like you?

Little one, your ship is very far away yet.

And Arlin laughed, content, and looked ahead towards the horizon.

They were traveling to The Conclave, a gathering of all (or most) of the ships of the Orphan Kings. it happened every five years, and sort of served as a counsel for all the various fleets, and nations that the Orphans have since split off into.

There would be, off course the Grand Elders. There would be the Crooked Fleet. The Various individual boats like Sila, and even some Ships of Notoriety like Jarok's great galleon Urther.

Arlin was looking forward to it.

Especially because it was during this Conclave that Princess and Princess (boys and girls) competed in a great tournament - and sapling ships chose their mates. Each sapling - each ship - loved something about an Orphan. . . could be their honesty. Their power. Their integrity. Their ruthlessness. The test revealed this to the saplings . . . and those who won, would be wed and be captains in their own right.

Arlin would not, of course be competing this year. . . he was too young. Something drastic would have to happen for his name to be entered.

And of course, this story doesn't tempt fate at all.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Atarka on the Playground
    From her vantage in the sky she knew that there was something of interest happening a few miles away in the nearest village. She landed and used the innate magical abilities that all dragons seemed to possess after a certain age to change her form to that of a red-headed lass with a friendly smile and decent looks that wouldn't draw too much attention. With a flick of her now human hand she adjusted her appearance to be covered in the local finery and approached the village with a slight hum. Once she was within eyesight of the commotion she deactivated the last remnants of her obvious reality and prepared for the show.

With the advent of law, came a definition for chaos. Hedgard, already a troubled youth, had burned down a bully's house in a fit of rage. According to the law of the land, he would now be hung. The town was busy forming a lynch mob to capture the lad when Atarka entered the village. It didn't take much, a few choice suggestions about how the lad should burn instead of hang and then stoking the fires of the populace before the mob turned deadly. With torches in hand the mob proceeded to burn down Hedgard's house while the lad and his terrified family were inside. As the house burned Atarka laughed at the turn of events and shed the disguise.

Lit by the burning house she called out to the mob ”See now what you have started! You, like the lad you just burned, have felt the Touch of my God! Let the Cackling Flame into your hearts and let Him guide your torches!” Confused, the mass agreed and saw the image of Grenzo within the burning house as they suddenly understood the true meaning of life. The former mayor of the village, as well as several of the more experienced members, throw down their torches and find that they can create lashes of flame. With a cackle the mob moves into the countryside with torches burning and chants of the fire of life sung.
    Show
    -2 AP: Create Organization (Rix Maadi. Currently a mob of human arsonists. Soon to be a band of fire obsessed entertainers [as in next post]. Through the innate psionic aptitudes some of them share and the shared experience of burning down a house for the sheer emotion of it, Pyrokinestics are born among the organization.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Cassandra does not wait for a reply. She taps Pernieth on the cheek, and again the iridescent radiance burns. Pernieth nods to her, and she sinks into the god like a seal into the ocean, no ripple to mark its passing.

Cassandra, Pirate Kings

When the leaf woman walked from the wooden walls of their meeting house, the Orphan Kings would have been surprised to say the least. "Howdy. I hear you've been running around in ships made of living wood. I want to see them. And who knows, if you do as I ask, you might get something out of it." Cassandra says, a mischievous smirk on her face.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshon View Post
    "... So does that make you a frog?"

If Ulric were not currently suffering delusions of being swallowed by the World, he would probably look at Helfarch like he had lost his mind.

"You don't strike me as a spider. I guess there are mites that eat gnat larvae, maybe that's more appropriate?"

Helfarch laughs uncontrollably, "You're the Mite of The World!"
    [Strange Waters]

"An apt enough comparison, for aren't we all parasites upon The World's back?"

Tough crowd to anger when you are trying to.

On the other hand, the avatar dissolves into Aldegund's greater self. And so the duchess addresses those within her with a great burning eye. Her every word makes her body quake.

"So. Little things. I asked questions and await answers."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Dur'Kala the Jagged Spire
    Grenzo gazed upon His creation and knew then that they would be fine. Yet...He could feel His soul incomplete. Part of Him yearned for more than to watch the Playground burn; part of Him wished to see this world experience freedom. He could feel a twitch as Law attempted to invade His mind and knew then what would need to be done. With an inner look at what He had been composed of He awoke the part of His being that yearned to party all day and night long. The effect coincided perfectly with the beginning of summer and the abundance of nourishment for His kind.

Rix Maadi of the Playground
    Grenzo's Kiss burned upon Atarka's forehead. The Rix Maadi had moved from the ruins of their homes and moved in a meandering band to the West, slowly feeling the initial rage and mob mentality wane. Yet before they could compose themselves Grenzo called out to them through His chosen one in a rolling laughter that lifted their spirits. "My revelers! I feel your spirits falter, yet I ask you to not fear or turn away! Instead I want you to drink deep of My fire and feel it bolster your body and mind!" To that end they found themselves confronted by a bronze cauldron with fire motifs, warm to the touch and filled with a red liquid.

When they drank from it they could feel it burn on the way down and affect them as if they had consumed the strongest beer of the land. Comfortably intoxicated the circus moved to the next town. Instead of burning it down they handed out those curious at the strangers cups of the intoxicant and entertained them with drunken antics and the lashes of flame that the former mayor created. The party lasted two days with most of the townsfolk welcoming the distraction and strong drink so much that they offered aid to the group. When they next left it was in colorful costumes and in gayly colored wagons.

Show
    -2 AP: Gain Portfolio Revelries (Ain't no party like a goblin party 'cause a goblin party don't leave a thing standing!)
    -3 AP: Create Artifact "Cauldron of Endless Firewater": Nourishment (Fills your body and clears away your worries, letting the Rix Maadi entertain!)
    -3 AP: Gain Domain Gluttony (Secondary, Revelries done to an excess!) from Rix Maadi creation (2) and Cauldron of Endless Firewater (3)

15 Starting - 2 last week + 3 this week - 1 Aram Airlines - 2 Rix Maadi - 8 Party Time = 5 Points left.

30. - Top - End - #360

"So many voices and faces talk-talk-talking!" Hagatha complained, her voice bellowing loudly. Her vines splayed out wildly and she threw Spriggins from her vines sending their bodies careening off into the swamp and breaking apart. Her horrible tree-mouth opened ridiculously wide.

"You!" The witch-tree directed her gaze at The Peer. "You have come to replant me, pot me.. Put me into a stupor from which there is no awakening? There is a difference! This is real!" She cried out and slammed a massive vine down on the ground cracking the ground slightly. "These shocks of pain! Yesss! This glorious pain of this glorious realm, the only true realm, the moral realm!" Hagatha ranted incoherently. "Dreams? Dreams! Dreams?" The first Weirdwood continued in her madness as strange purple mushrooms with question mark shaped spots popped her around her trunk instantly growing and spreading through the swamp in every direction. It was obvious that these odd mushrooms have a new type of dream to the world, a madman's dream.

"With all the mobility you graced me with?! I have only brought pain to what is around and to whom I have available!" Hagatha accused in rage. "You.. Made me.. Like this.." She continued desperately whether blaming him for her current mad state or simply for making her a tree. The tree was looking for some reason or explanation as to why she was planted here, why her roots sank deep in The World, why she was who she was. But her identity was all she could cling onto. "Leave? Leave?! How dare you insult me so.. She screamed once more until her horrible tree-mouth reached it's maximum and cracked up at the sides. The bottom of the mouth snapped off and hung obscenely as the vines waved madly. Her eyes flicked up and down wildly as if in pure pain or pleasure.

A hand drove itself from inside the mouth as the husk of the Weirdwood collapsed inward. The dryad that was once the Weirdwood stood from the wooden rubble. As the first dryad was so young it seemed odd that the newest one seemed so old. The tattered cloak she wore hung loosely over her body and the hood covered her head; the garment was clearly divinely generated. From the ground as she stood she picked up a single solid branch from her former tree-self and learned her weight on. Whatever had caused this terrible transformation could not be said.

"I will bring suffering to all lands.." Hagatha said by way of agreement after a heavy breath. She didn't spare another thought for Pernieth's whore she had departed. She hadn't spared another thought for her. "What is family good for?" She laughed darkly with a nod to Pernieth. Then, with some hesitation, she stepped down from the stump left behind and truly moved for the first time.

"Excellent." Hagatha said with satisfaction before looking over at The Peer. "Well that must have been quite a display. I can see more clearly now." She said without elaborating. "The trees dreams will stay muddy. Maybe some of them will become like I once was. The Weirdwoods will never dream again." Hagatha declared while staring down The Peer. "Tell your masters that. Whoever they are. But I trust.. This," She offered, waving her arm to gesture to the many Weird Mushrooms that now populated the Dark Grove. "..will make up for things. Take one."

She picked a mushroom and put it in The Peer's hand herself simply reveling her ability to move. Then she noticed that the Matron Mother was still there. She hadn't given her much thought before with other things so prominent.

"And you. I don't know who you are. You don't scream, do you?" She asked nicely, before shrugging. "Probably not. You don't look quite.. Fleshy. Yes. Quite fleshy enough. Well I'm not staying in this place. For too long I've been growing here ancient and strong." She glanced back at her stump and the surroundings which she had become so accustomed to wistfully. "I'll always have a part of it with me." The old witch muttered while sliding her bony fingers up and down her staff. "But I'm ready to see more of this realm.. I will no dwell here one moment longer. Either of you are welcome to walk me out."

Hagatha looked from the Matron Mother to The Peer before leaving the only home she had ever known and venturing out into the swamp.

Halfling Caravan - The Dark Grove

They had been lost in these fellwoods for weeks and it was obvious that they were absolutely lost. Once brightly colored caravans now bore the scars of rough terrain becoming chipped and ragged. They had even left some behind in the swamp. No Halfling had ever come this far or, if they had, none had ever returned to tell anyone about it. So this whole area was unexplored and contrasted sharply with their troupe. They were scared and alone far from civilization. None of their songs could be heard outside of this place.

They made camp later at dusk and spoke of what to do. Some said they had to turn back, others said it'd be easier to get out if they continued along this path. Most agreed they had to get out of here as soon as possible. Those sounds in the woods alone were enough to drive you crazy. How far away were those screams?

That one was close.

One of the Halflings women had been getting some water from the lake here when all of a sudden- chomp. Some sort of weird lizard thing had her in it's jaws and was under the water. She was gone. What divine forsaken place was this.

They didn't get any rest that night but the next morning they packed up and moved on. Halflings were nomads after all they never stayed in one place for long- but hardly this place. It was their curiosity about this place that lead this here but now their hearts were weary and their numbers dwindling. It had been a month now since they become lost in this wood and food was becoming scarce. They had run out of supplies three days ago. It was down to luck now. He'd seen two Halflings beat another man to death for his rations the other day. Halflings didn't act like that. It must be this place doing it.

Giant spiders ate their babies the next day. There was no way to spin that into a song.

The caravan pressed onward and soon they found themselves surrounded. Those Spriggins herded them towards a random Weirdwood who laughed at them. But as he prepared to torture them they started to sing and play their music for him. The mighty tree was impressed by this. Chaotically he decided not to torture them after all, not a single Halfling. But he did make them play all day while he played with a few humans and they witnessed first hand even more brutality of the Dark Grove.

When the Weirdwood's attention span moved on to other things the small group of Halflings that were left moved on quickly. They lad lost more of their people and barely had any stuff left at all. The brightly colored caravans were a once-dream. By this time they were starving but they had long tied to eat the fruit in this wood and after a few died they were not keen on trying that again.

But they were desperate by this point even to the point that the weird mushrooms down by the bog looked positively delicious. So they stayed there by the bog and ate their fill. The next hours weren't pleasant for them as they stumbled around the dark grove in their madness. All of their pleasure nerves stood on end raw. It was almost too much. Especially when one Halfling was too dazed to avoid being eaten by a giant maggot smiling the entire time.

They saw horrible, disjointed visions of their loved ones coming back to life but then the faces melting off, or a tree becoming a six-dimensional triangle before the whole world dissolved into orange. Here, far from their god, they laughed until they started crying. Then they had to kill the one that tried to bite them and eat their flesh off. His screams made them realize that all this pain must mean something.

It must mean something.

That was the first thought of the new creatures; wretched monstrous little things that looked far more suited to live in this than the Halflings. Confused, distraught, broken down- these Halflings had been taken by the swamp and made like it. These fish-frog creatures with their murky eyes remembered none of what they were before, of a place outside this swamp, of being once a Halfling- nothing, except..

They looked towards the tree canopy above and each let out a mournful croak. As they ribbetted in unison their mournful croaking song joined the buzzing song of the swamp.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 6
    Rollover: 3
    AP: 9

Nourishment (Weird Mushrooms) [1]:
    These mushrooms are twice the size of normal toadstools and have a purple cap instead of a normal color. Where a mushroom usually has spots there are black question marks instead. If one of these is eaten or otherwise put into the bloodstream it causes extreme euphoria and intense hallucinations that cause the user to see, hear and smell such vivid things. Instead of violence or any other type of dream they dream madly conjuring images in their minds that are completely ridiculous and outlandish. They feel real. Unlike a daydream they have absolutely no control of these dreams or what they see and it consumes their whole attention for a few hours or so. Unlike a normal dream they are up wandering around and possibly getting into trouble instead of sleeping soundly. It's one heck of an intense trip, but coming down can be kind of a bummer after.

Create Utility Artifact (Wickedwood) [3]: The last solid branch of the Weirdwood that was Hagatha is now the old crone's walking staff. This artifact is known as Wickedwood and it creates pestilence actions blighting the world.

Create Subrace (Bogwarts) [1]: These frogfish creatures were once Halflings but no longer. They only remember the song but not what it means. They live harshly in the swamp as tribes and compete for dominance trading the gift of pain. As a form of worship to the pain goddess they often harm themselves as a tribute to her. But, all things considered, a Bogwart is one of nicest creatures you can find in The Dark Grove.

AP: 4
    Last edited by Phobia; 2015-02-20 at 02:11 AM.