New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Rix Maadi Trainlines, among the trade routes and toward Neutral Ground
    Atarka took the bottle with a smile and added it to their own liquor, if such a thing could be called liquor and not fuel in its purest form. As the celebration picked up the Rix Maadi mingled with the village, getting everyone comfortably intoxicated and full of wonderment as the entertainers juggle torches and cause lashes of flame to snap at the air, and slowly but steadily gathering the party goers around an abandoned building at the edge of town. At the height of the party the building was finally lit, the fire beating back the darkness of the night and warming the souls of all involved in the shared act of arson.

Atarka took the moment and enjoyment to cast a simple illusion in the cackling flame, her voice booming forth and appearing to the drunken revelers to issue from the burning house. "Drink and be merry, my fellow arsonists! The Rix Maadi are here to entertain and fascinate! All we ask of you is to drink your fill and indulge in this most joyous of nights! For we will teach you in the coming days how you two can honor the Cackling Flame; how this Syndicate can join forces with the Rix Maadi and beat back this despair that was the winter!" She let out a booming laughter as the house collapsed in on itself, the Rix Maadi cheering in unison and starting up the party once again.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kyre, Erebus
    Death could feel it. Just as Tiamat had warned a fool had decided to try and steal the dead. Erebus shook and quivered with Death's wrath. Kyre began hunting for the intruders on the plane. But no intruders were found. The keepers remained on watch with their new shadow dragon allies. None had seen combat nor had any passed their watchful gaze. So the god of death focused onto the playground. It was there he could feel the corruption. The weak and sick unable to die. The mercy of Kyre was being forsaken and some were actively seeking to spread this corruption. Kyre took a new form, that of a massive male. His fingernails were claws, his appearance barbaric. He towered above the shadow dragons, they appeared to be mere dogs at his side. He knelt and spoke to one, "Tell your master our pact has been threatened. A god, not mortals, has interfered with death. Tell her I wish to speak with her. Do not fail me." Kyre drew the mark of darkness upon the beast and cast out the shadow dragon into the playground. Its passage aided by the long night coating the entire world.

Spoiler
    Show

2 AP
    2-0 Mark Chosen: Dark Messenger (Shadow Dragon)
    2 AP
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #393

Hagatha - The Dark Grove

It had been so long since Hagatha was cut off from dreams she didn't even notice anymore. The goddess was long insane from never sleeping. But the birth of Aoir'Yian made the back of her eyeballs itch. It wasn't entirely unpleasant. But it did occupy her thoughts when she wasn't angry. Right now she was angry.

"And another one of you- dead." Hagatha said with disappointment and rage before kicking the corpse of a newly fallen Bogwart. "It's no fun when this happens. I don't get to watch his suffering anymore! Why," She raised her foot and kicked the corpse hard, "why," she yelled to the terror of her other Bogwart follower before kicking the body again, "why!?" She bellows before kicking the corpse so hard that it's stomach rips open and the contents spill out. She had started with so many of these followers but they kept dying off due to.. Well she wasn't sure exactly what kept mortals together but what she did to them couldn't be good for them.

"Death is.. Stupid." She wisely declared and the terrified Bogwarts simply nodded their heads in agreement. Even though the Dark Grove protected from most of the elements this new Long Night was still taking it's toll on the creatures of the swamp. Hagatha didn't know what the Long Night was but she could see the many things she had created freezing and suffering. She rather liked this cold thing. She would have to thank whomever came up with that one.

"Ah here's what I've been searching for. The place without trees that my older sister spoke of." Hagatha mused as she stepped out of the Dark Grove for the first time. The wind was brutal out here and the pain of the cold was delicious. The trees didn't protect those poor souls out there. "So these places are without trees, eh? Gehehe. What a fool to think any would escape my suffering."

The wicked witch slammed down her staff Wickedwood and it began to snow even more heavy in this darkness. A new star twinkled into existence in the void, one was that was deep and blue in the sky for the mortals to see and fear. The snow fell from that place heavily causing every mortal to shudder and cower for what was to come.

"Let the mortals eat each other." She laughed darkly before glaring down at her Bogwart minions and they croaked in response. "This will solve all my problems. More entertainment for me.. And a place to keep my toys when I'm not playing with them." She said gleefully while rubbing her hands together. The old crone grabbed a few Bogwarts and they vanished. Those that followed her were loyal enough to stay with the mad god but many had already split off to teach alchemy and pain and worship of Hagatha to the other Bogwart tribes.

"Excellent!" She gushed as her new "toy box" in the sky seemed to work. With the flick of her wrist she also grabbed a few Giant Spiders for her new playroom. Just whatever struck her fancy. "Now come on- let's see what the weathers like out there."

To the vast disappointment of the few Bogwarts still with her Hagatha made then follow her into the area outside the Dark Grove.

"It's the most wonderful time.. Of the year.."

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 0
    Rollover: 3

Create Plane (Desolation) [3]: A new icy star has twinkled into existence in the vast void over the Playground. It's observable from the material plane as a star but it is it's own plane. Maybe it could be considered a moon. Because you could definitely get here in, say, a space-ship. This plane embodies all the best things that Hagatha loves about a long night winter: suffering and misery. Imagine an infinite ball of Antarctica at night, the dark and infinite frozen tundra with caves extending deep down into the ice. It's a frozen ball of absolute misery with no food or shelter of any kind. And the worst part? You can't die here. If Hagatha sends a mortal here then they are transported here soul and mortal body whole. And no matter how frozen, no matter how starving, no matter how much their head is separated from the body, no matter how much time passes in this timeless plane they are there for absolute keeps till Hagatha let's them out. Or they're saved, of course. On a clear night people say you can hear the screaming from the iceball.

Pestilence (Famine) [0]: Here in the depths of winter while the long night wears on every mortal a massive famine has struck. And not a famine that only affects the mundane races, either. No, as the snow falls heavy from the horrible new star above the Playground every soul finds that food nourishes the body less. It's an affliction of the body not the food itself. Demons find the dreams less filling, the trees struggle to get enough sun through the heavy snow, the Aram aren't as fulfilled by their firewater, the dragons find they have to eat twice as much to satisfy the pit in their stomach. Don't think the underplayground is safe from this affliction either. Only the dead can escape it's clutches. The famine is real and it's here. Let every mortal race hear a great cry rise up from their empty stomach!

AP: 0

4. - Top - End - #394
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ignus,
    The Burning Lands

The snow begins to fall, melting in the heat, even at night before it reaches sight, and turning into rain to wet the jungle fed by the fires the burn just beneath the ground.

She turns her gaze outwards, and watches in mild distaste as other being begin to starve, or eat like gluttons. Even her own people now consume more fire than previously.

She steps to the largest inhabited city, a place of great worship to her, in every smithy and workshop.

She casts a glyph above the town, burning with red-gold flames, fluttering with scarlet colored streamers like solar flares. All that see it now know how to create magical items that generate food. The streams of fire that issue forth from the symbol occasionally, randomly form her image.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    +3 AP (rollover)
    -0 AP: Ignus Hammer: Educate Populace: Nourishment Enchantments= Endless Rations, Everfull Mug, Cabinet of Feasting (Heroes Feast), Ring of Sustenance, etc. (All people in the city have this knowledge... so it should spread.)
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-28 at 02:11 AM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Dred Olg and the Ur-Priest Council, Purity

The council had gathered upon the fall of the Long Night, legends had spoken of such a thing brought on by the divinity of darkness before, none of them had experienced it however. In a carefully crafted cage sat the dripping many legged creature that had inspired Agni so many years before.

"What do you intend to do with me? You are nothing before my perfection."

"We are pure. No deity can command us, we command them! The power that dwells below has his strength siphoned by our council daily, and he does not stir, nor struggle. That creature has long lost the power to do anything against us! You stick of The Visionary, and hence have no place on this world. Legend states that The first rages, the second sleeps, and the third plans. Our power steals the wrath from the first, the rest from the second, and the thought from the third! Our purity will bring upon the surface of the playground a new order! Our order! The city of Purity will pour over the world, and bring it a true dwarven code."

"That does not answer my question. Idiot."

The Ur-Priest scoffed and Dred Olg was left in her cage.

Matron Mother Elev Nosh, Dark Grove

The Matron Nosh was tired being largely ignored, she was the First Avatar of The Visionary, and would expect at least a measure of respect. She would show the power her kind possessed. In that moment time itself stopped, she moved before Hagatha, pulling her into her slow time stream.

"I came here because I saw a group of Deities speaking, and I saw a group of petulant children! There is a great threat coming to your Grove, it will destroy all in it's path. I would request your attention, but you would not grant it. I demand it."

Time was unmoving as she stared at the Goddess of Suffering, her white crown cracking as she kept the domain of her God held in place for the pair.

"My sister Dred Olg has spurred a terrible force forward. I would muster forces to face against them, unless you intend to lose your home."

Jin Xua'Hal, Heimdal

The First Engines did not notice the addition of animals to their lands, but the General of them, an avatar gifted with a portion of divinity did. He saw as without seeing the material before them, the First Engines scrapped with each other and tore each other apart to afford themselves more mass. Wasteful. Jin had been trumped by up and comer, this would not stand. One of his long clawed finger moved forward and pointed to the edge of the island, towards the island where their kinsmen were placed. A forested area now sparsely populated with his hoard.

*Klik Nik Snic Kik*

The First Enignes moved to his command piling upon each other to expand the island.

Purity

The darkness continued forward, and the City of Purity followed suit. Through the power of Gramarie, they expanded. Tripling, and Quadrupling their size. Expanding faster and faster, digging deeply to supply the city with supplies, till they covered the top half of Demiurgia with expansive city.

Spoiler
    Show
    9 = 1 (Mold Land) - 10

A full half of Demiurgia is now a massive cityscape. It is not heavily populated, and the local populations may not have noticed the appearing if they were asleep when it was built, suddenly over the course of an hour.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Tiamat, Demiourgia

Tiamat watches as the creations of the Visionary continued to violate the land created by the Cosmic Mother. Entire forests and valleys were now destroyed, giving place to this city this... "Purity". The First Daughter knows that it shall soon be time for her to rally the Dragons. It is then that a Shadow Dragon, an envoy from Erebus arrives, bringing an invitation from Kyre.

The five headed dragon allows herself to give a wicked grin. So far, all was going according to what she had foreseen. This diplomacy that Bahamut and the Chromatic Dragons were so fond of seemed to be paying off.

Erebus

The Queen of Dragon arrives in Erebus, this time not as a supplicant, but as a guest of the Lord of Death, thus she does not bother to introduce herself to the Keepers, nor does she bother to even acknowledge them. She reaches Kyre's palace and makes her own way into his citadel

"It has been too short of a time since I last came here with my warning."
    she says upon reaching Kyre as a form of greeting him.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Rix Maadi Trainlines, among the trade routes and toward Neutral Ground

People from the village certainly could use some entertainment specially considering how dire winter was becoming. During the first party many drank themselves into a deep drunken stupor. When they woke up their faces were shaded with doubt and regret. Alcohol had affected their dreams, robing them of some of the control necessary to reach Dream Neutral Ground. They of course didn't know that for remembering dreams takes mastery. They simply knew there was something wrong. Some gave themselves fully into the wrongness yet there were others that refused to go beyond getting tipsy on later nights.

Soon partly due to the drunken stuppor and mad gramaric dreams they started to conceive a thought with the few of the Rix Maadi that were "working" on the train. They could help the arsonist improve their transportation with Gramarie, secrets their God had stolen from the Ur-Priesthood. While Eucle hadn't given them free reign to share them the Goblins were clearly friendly. Or drunk. Or perhaps both.

Spoiler
    Show
    Some members of the Syndicate are teaching eldrikinetics to the train workers.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

8. - Top - End - #398

Ignus
    The Burning Lands
    Ignus returns once more to her own people, and teaches them to create magical effects through the use of runes.

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP: -1 AP = 2 AP remaining.
    Create Concept: Rune Magic, Rune Casting, Inscribed Enchantment.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2015-02-28 at 07:05 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground

Caravan of the Liliputians, Challenge Mountains

The halflings sat quietly, transfixed as their visitor told the story. As he finished, Swifee rose, placing both hands over his eyes, and bowing towards their visitor, uttering a brief phrase, echoed by the others. “Kuunteelu, me muistaame.
    As the echos of the words faded, and the spell of the story lifted from the group, some light tunes picked up in the background, and Swifee sat next to their visitor again.
    Thank you for the gift of the story. As for your question… In the end, curiosity. We seek to add to story and song by experience.” A grin flitted across his face, and he leaned closer, winking. “And who knows? Maybe they’ll be wanting to trade? Mayhaps they’ll have something some other place has never seen...” Winking again, he shrugged expressively. “What can you tell me of these dragons?

Spoiler
    Show

AP 3 + 5 (Rollover) - 3 (Gain Domain: Fey) - 3 (Raise DR 8 -> 9) = 2
    Actions for Fey: 2 (Create Populace: Girron, Celue, Satyr) + 2 (Create Populace: Minotaur, Centaur, Unicorn) + 1 (Teach Concept: Songs of the Fey) = 5
    Actions for Raise DR: 3 (Gain Domain: Life) + 1 (Teach Concepts: Tune of Life and Death) = 4

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Rix Maadi Trainlines, along the Trade Routes
    The Aram continued to entertain the masses and push alcohol onto people, the fires within them demanding more and more to try and satisfy the empty void that winter was creating. Meanwhile the engineers, if the rare intelligent goblinoid or human could be called such, started to see the possibilities of this Gramarie business. Together with the syndicate they created a grand plan for this land they inhabited. The Trainline would continue to link the towns and cities together, more as a back up and entertaining way to travel than a means to transport in that range where lightning would provide better Push than ethanol powered engines. In between such stops trucks would transport goods, powered in much the same mixture of engine and Gramarie as the needs called for it. Finally for those areas that were separated by sea or air those red dragons that had sided with the Aram, as well as the complex mechanics of Gramarie, would link them.

The engineers parted ways and began to experiment and fine tune their mechanics to slowly but surely drive away the need for beasts that could falter in this desolate hellscape that was winter and replace them with more reliable engines powered by ethanol. In a blink of His eye, Grenzo smiled at the slowly spreading network of transportation that helped distribute whatever resources were available to try and make people fight against the night.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by smashingBrawler View Post
    Color & Neiag, the World

The shadows covering the world, along with the loss of warmth from the new sun were all foreign concepts to the newly 'born' Clora. "What are these shadows, tale spinner, what is this cold? What has caused them to appear?"

"My newborns will be fine in this chilled time – we will spend eternity cold, but what of others… what will happen to those who are unlike us?" Clora’s glowing sockets looked to Neiag for insight.

"It's another of your enemy's creations, my child. It brings darkness and cold to kill as many it can, to destroy these wonderful stories." Neiag answered Clora's question, watching skeletal dragon closely. His creation was fascinating and even watching her at work was certainly interesting. He was wondering what will be her next move.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Orc in the Playground

Yhr'zallus, Neutral Ground

It was uncertain how it began. But ideas, theories, paranoid thoughts, those things were present in the city...and in a place where dreams, thoughts carried such power as to make things reality, sometimes the most unlikely things can become the truth. It was perhaps amongst too many thoughts gathered throughout time, or a particularly strong idea and thought that pushed forth this strange being into becoming tangible, or not so much tangible as provably true...as for some who thought of conspiracies, those who feared them, or pondered them seriously heard whispers back. Weak at first, but later more present. Not many responded, shrugging it off, but to the few who listened, the whispers would answer. Sometimes in a clear voice, sometimes in a distant shout, drowned amongst a sea of voices. But it was through those few who listened that its presence was made true.

Yhr'zallus. To that, the voices answered those who called it. A calling so strange that it strained the tongue to blurt out, though easy to summon within thoughts.

And for some time, that was all it was. A voice to call upon. An unseen visitor to talk to, though not always easy to understand. But then, a select few gathered, secluded from others that'd give them strange glances for speaking with something that was not there, though it was. And in their gathering, they all heard the voice more clearly. They discussed with it, and about it, for hours at a time. Communed with the voice, wrote of it, felt it, some even claim to have touched the very voice and grasped the words between their fingers.

But alas, even to those willing to listen, speaking to the voice for too long strained them. It was a momentous task to keep up with it, as its time was more relative than theirs, and so was its pace.

And so, the voice proclaimed: "There shall be One for now. Two later, perhaps. Or just the one. It isn't certain. Let the First be your teacher. Do not take him lightly, but do not fear his gaze. For he is me, and I am him. Though he is not me as much as I am myself."

Thus, the Keymaster, the Chamberlain of the Sorceror-King was made reality. A tall, slender form shrouded by a cloak that refused most of the light that pierced through it. What could be seen of his face suggested a human, or perhaps elven lineage, though clearly it was just an appearance, a physical form to represent his king's wishes.

Spoiler: The Keymaster
    Show

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

15 AP Start
    12 AP = 15 -3 (Create Avatar, The Keymaster)
    10 AP = 12 - 2 (Create Organization, Listeners of Yhr'zallus)

EDIT: Just as a side note, I'm assigning the prestige class Urban Savant to the Listeners of Yhr'zallus organization. (Thanks thethird for reminding/suggesting it)
    Last edited by MetaKnightFan; 2015-02-28 at 08:03 PM.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Eucle Zahav-Zalal, Dream Neutral Ground

Eucle suddenly stops looking at his brother and focuses inward. His mind reaches the whole city and he can know when someone is born. And someone had just been born in the city. Someone without a father or a mother. A thin whisper of information exited the Wealth God mind and traveled through the growing network to Oxid.

Oxid The Key Master, Neutral Ground

The big wealth dragon moves with a certainty only given by true knowledge. His six pair of antennae reach to the air acting as vibrating sensors. His dark mass is swollen with devoured material, taking metalic hues at the edges. He advances like an oily black mass given draconic shape. When he reaches where the Key Master has gathered his new listeners he awaits hearing him preach. Guests aren't unheard of in the city. Even guests who just happen to spring there.

When the avatar is finished the beast approaches him. He lowers his body and extends his bettlelike head looking at the man.

"You are yourself. And at the same time are more than yourself. I get that. I'm Oxid though, acting major, and if you come in peace I welcome you and the more than you into Neutral Ground."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

The Keymaster, Oxid - Neutral Ground

The Keymaster gazes upward at the dragon, though light still is denied access to show his visage any further upward than his nose. "Very well.", he utters.

In a dismissive motion of his hand, he calls for the Listeners to quell their curiosity for now, and dismisses the first meeting at last. Most stumbled away, mentally weary from the prolonged communing with the Sorcerer-King and his Chamberlain.

Then the cloaked figure slides it hand back into his garments, and gives Oxid an assured nod. "I shall follow, as shall 'More Than Me'." He affirmed, making no more and no less than what he said as he readied himself to follow the wealth dragon.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
    Trenco, On the Road

Trenco frowned to himself. Stranger and stranger. He made a point of letting out a loud sigh. "Not like you can give me back my sleep. But now you've gone and woken me, so you might as well go ahead and spit it out."
    Voice, On the Road

The stranger sat down on the floor somewhat awkwardly, and then seemed to wait an uncomfortable few moments before speaking,

"I apologize, I am trying to think of the simplest way to ask this, and I might fail but...why do you breathe as you do?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry to Rainshine for taking so long just for this short post.

Journey's End and Black Glass Tower

After the creation of Black Glass Tower, the small settlement of Journey's End quickly grew into a burgeoning metropolis. It seemed that while the rest of the world chafed and buckled under the brutal conditions of the Long Night, the Obsidianites grew, expanded, and thrived, even as chunks of the oceans of the underplayground began to freeze into huge icebergs and the life it carried began to shrink into dormancy. The trade and transport brought on by the Syndicate, along with the blessings of the God of Law allowed the new nation to spread quickly along Zalsaram's belly, and soon they had at least minor settlements on nearly every island in the Ankh.

Meanwhile, in Journey's End itself, the newly formed clergy had taken on most aspects of administration. Yusri had the final say in conflicts that came up, but for the most part he left the day to day politics to Passaer's chosen. This, however, soon proved to have issues to it, as those fanatically loyal to Passaer were starting to cause tensions among the non or differently religious factions of the city. The dream trees especially had been a point of contention. Passaer's faithful denounced items of warmth and comfort being in the city, as they felt that it flew in the face of the philosophy of enduring hardships to become stronger for those in the future. Yusri of course dismissed them, saying that they were only trying to help the community, but he saw the potential for an altercation if things continued as they were, and worked towards an alternate system of government. They could not afford to lose the Syndicate, as the trade routes they provided were instrumental for transporting goods between the various islands.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

The Keymaster, Oxid - Neutral Ground (and then The Keymaster, Oxid, Zahav Zalal, Eucle - Dream Neutral Ground)

Oxid enjoys his role as a guide tourist. He leads the visitor through Neutral Ground. The city is illuminated with phosphorescent plants and mushrooms that spring out of the tree barks. It seems that nature found a way and adapted to the long night. The harshness of winters is felt, people were thicker cloaks and garments, but within the city of Wealth famine and harship are just a minor inconvenience. The draconic monster leads through what appears to be the "roof" of an upside down market. Stalls are tended and examined by people of several races and even by some that are just a weird ofshot and half blooded bastard.

He walks them through a bridge passing over a vertical river that appears to be frozen in time. There a small gathering is entombing an old man within a coffin. It is hard to tell from the distance, his face covered with a mask, but the body lacks the unnatural pallor of death. Oxid descends the steps that go left and reaches the shore walking over the still water and passing through the "funerary" procession as it fills the coffin with water and closes it. If one looks back to the bridge that they crossed through it can be clearly seen that from this perspective doesn't connect anything at all just being a protrusion of wood standing in mid air.

He keeps making turns, lefts and rights, ups and downs, back and forths. Paths appearantly change depending on the direction of walking as sometimes he just stands turns and walks through a way that wasn't even there before. As he advances trees become thicker. Eventually it is a closed forest that seems to spin all too slightly around them, like they are going through a succession of ferris wheel. Few people are there, the few that they encounter look all too perfect and discordant to be real. The fact that they pass literally through them doesn't help in giving them substance.

Finally they reach an ample chamber. In it there are two Gods. One wearing a dark hooded robe and with a black wool covering his eyes looks almost like a humble human. The other a vivid reflection carved in stone of the first accentuates it's perfected imperfections to a head spinning degree.

The first turns back and looks directly at the space right behind the Key Master.

"Welcome to my domain."
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-02-28 at 09:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

The Keymaster, Oxid - Neutral Ground

The Keymaster follows onward through the city of dreamers, moving himself silently, each step lightly touching the ground as though he was made of air, though the chains and keys of his necklace jingled clearly as the being walked under the shadow of Oxid. Though recently created, he and his King were of this place, and he seemed to be familiar with its unusual pathways, at least enough to not be so surprised at the discrepancy of things under different perspectives, how physicality itself was unfolded by the power of the mind. Nevertheless, he glanced it curiously, for even if he knew of those concepts and understood them, it was the first time he saw them, that he was there. A strange mix of elder wisdom with childlike curiosity.

But he was reticent and polite, not taking too much time examining the world so as to slow down his guide. And he became aware, after some time, that they had crossed a thin veil into something more than just Neutral Ground itself.

The Keymaster, Oxid, Zahav Zalal, Eucle, Yhr'zallus - Dream Neutral Ground

As the hooded one glanced behind the Keymaster, the being took a step to the side and turned himself sideways, bowing lightly as both a way to greet the Two Gods as much as welcome his King into being.

What stood there in the empty space could have been empty space. But it was not. It was strange, however. To a mortal's eyes, the geometry of this being was hard to understand, for the Sorcerer King had already many an 'envisioned' appearance by mortals, and to project himself befittingly, he had to be all of them at once, an idea only feasible by expanding to dimensions other than the 3 that mortal minds perceive.

Most notably of those two forms were firstly an elderly man of long beard, his back bent from the sheer weight of the chained pendant he wore, only a cane holding him up as a tome weighed down his other arm. Secondly, a silver-pale maiden of incomprehensible beauty who's visage expressed all possible emotions at the same time, with eyes endless as a blackened abyss. And thirdly, just that which stood at that place before Yhr'zallus' arrival. Nothingness. Those three forms were amongst the several easily perceptible by a divine mind, whereas others might only see a flicker of motion. Only mortals who previously communed with the god would be able to 'see' him, as the god would be 'anchored' to a specific form that the mortal believes to be his 'true' form.

Regardless of the appearance, Yhr'zallus at last spoke, giving a nod of acknowledgement.

"I greet you as Yhr'zallus, Sorcerer-King of Insanity, Keeper of Secrets. At this moment, it is what I am. Though soon I may be more. Or less. I am no longer The Keymaster for the purpose of this meeting. He is my Chamberlain at this time, though he remains a fragment of me, in a sense." He spoke to the other gods present.
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

Clora & Neiag - The World

"Unacceptable."

The Unliving rose into the sky, and began to summon bony tendrils from the ground across the Playground - Careful not to harm the living or their structures when doing so. At the end of the tendrils were orbs of light, generating heat, in order to aid the living. The tendrils could be relocated similarly to how trees can be transplanted - just in case they did end up somewhere that was unwanted.

She then looked upon the skull which she had created. It was time to begin the creation of more unique undead. This would be her first alteration on her original templates. Skeleton which glow bright, healing the living around them. She formed a vast number these creatures, and spoke to them. Go out, aid the living in their time of need. But be weary of the darkness. For it is in darkness that even our demise can be found.

Spoiler
    Show

Initial - [10]
    AP Expenditure:
    Create Utility Artifact (Tendrils of restorative light) [-3] - These tendrils erupt across the playground, and allow nourishment across the playground.
    Mold Land (Tendrils of restorative light) [-1] - The tendrils carefully erupt from the ground so as to not interfere with the constructions of the mortal races. Distinctly, they curl above roads, so as to light them from above.
    Nourishment (First lighting) [-1] - The tendrils of restorative light are lit up for the first time, giving heat and light to the mortal races.
    [I]Gain Portfolio Element (Light) [-2]
    Utility Artifact (Skull of the Arisen) Usage (Create Glowing Skeletons) [Charge Expended] - Clora has created glowing skeletons, which differ from regular skeletons only in that they shine brightly, and that they passively heal living entities who are within their light.
    Remaining - [3]

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

Aram Airlines, Burning Lands
    If one thing didn't hold back the Aram then it was another. The dragons that served as the means to transport the cages full of one-hour-from-cannibalistic Aram had a habit of dropping the roving bands in the worst possible situations in what was suspected to be the dragon's prime form of entertainment. The first wave was dropped right into an active volcano, all but a dozen Aram burning instantly and the remaining survivors dying from burn wounds in moments. The second wave was given a slightly better chance, instead being dropped in an area well known for their bouts of flame and only the quick or already toughened ones surviving long enough to set up a tiny warren. From that tiny warren in a relatively safe spot the dragons would occasionally drop cages full of Aram nearby to help expand.

Then winter hit and their gullets burned even brighter, demanding more rock and lichen. The snow didn't help either, turning into rain and burning their skins. Their cries could be heard by Grenzo who gazed upon His children with worry. Taking a cue from what the Rix Maadi were working on He whispered into the dreams of His children the creation of engines that ran on ethanol. Yet He didn't create another cauldron of firewater to sate their thirst and their engine's thirst; instead He concentrated on the playground below. Slowly the thinnest of layers in the rock below started to change.

The first instance that anything had changed was when an Aram attempted to eat the fire that was burning hotter than normal. In that instance before the fact that he just ate fire registered with his brain a new sensation was brought to his attention. After mounting an expedition to eat down next to the geyser that caused the flame to issue forth, the Aram found that there was a sea of some liquid underground. After testing it in the dead engines they created under His guidance they found that the liquid was in fact a giant underground sea of ethanol. With power now provided the Aram quickly experimented and in a blink of His eye had made great tubes that ate through the safety of the ground like the Aram raving inside of them.
    Spoiler: AP
    Show

6 AP-1 AP Mold Land: Seas of Ethanol (Seeing the need for fuel and drink, Grenzo has created great caverns underground filled with the fuel of choice for His creations: ethanol. These caverns seemingly pop up in random spots where nothing but rock existed before, varying in size from a mile to fathoms deep, and appear to be a finite resource at the moment.)
    5 AP Remaining
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2015-03-01 at 04:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410

Caves of Shadow, Aoir'yian

Aoir'Yian walked through her home, her size having grown immensely as she was fed the Terror of the Mortals. None of the other gods seemed to notice or care about what she was doing, which made it so very easy to collect the Terror she so craved. But her hunger was growing, and even the taste of terror would soon it's luster. This she knew, from her days as a mere daemon in the void feasting on nightmares. She had to think of something that would keep her forever satisfied, but what....

A thought came to her....her Yian-kin were Terrorizing the Mortals, each with their own effective means of doing it. But things had to change...They were too disorganized, unpredictable, and simple minded. Her feral mind was acclimating to the new power, and the knowledge that naturally came with divinity. She was realizing she no longer needed to eat, nor did she truely need Terror. It was her greatest joy to consume and witness, but she could go beyond her base instincts now, and maybe begin to establish herself.

Deep in her lair, she began to practice her powers, and push their limits in order to fully realize herself. With her will, she began to mold and shape the cave system she now resided to better work for her means.

Spoiler: Ap Spending
    Show

11 Ap= 12 AP- 1Ap: Mold Land.
    Aoir'Yian uses her power to expand her cave home, the caves of Shadows. The caves are more like great catacombs now, stretching all across the under ground of the play ground. Where ever there are mortals who can feel terror, a tunnel connecting to the Catacombs is almost assuredly close by.

10 AP= 11AP- 1AP: Nourishment
    The Catacombs, while the home of the Yian-Kin, is enviably a pleasant place to live for those who allowed to live within it. Due to the goddess wishing her children to be able to do their duty more effectively, the Catacombs are filled to the brim with edible plants and animals that thrive in the the catacombs and there only.

9Ap= 10AP-1Ap: Teach Populace
    The Terror matron has imparted the knowledge to perfectly navigate her catacombs, no matter how they change shape or scope.

6AP= 9AP - 3AP: Create artifact (Staff of the Catacombs)

Embueing her power into the gnarled root of a tree, the Staff of catacombs is born. The Staff allows it's user to completely change the shape of the Catacombs according to their will. (Mold land, but only usable with the catacombs)

4AP= 6AP -2AP: Create Organization (The Nox Primacy)
    By order of the Terror matron, those Yian-kin who reside within the catacombs as her trusted children form a nation, ruled by those chosen specifically by the Matron herself. They have unified, and organized to be far more effective at their duties, and are now actually able to perform as a nation, though they mostly function under an Isolationist policy, preferring not to work with other nations due to their need to terrorize and harvest Terror.

2AP= 4AP- 1AP- 1AP: 2x Nourishment
    the waters of the catacombs, at least those that are nearest to the center of the catacombs where the Nox primacy dwells, glow brightly with light and warmth thanks to the Terror matrons care. With this, and the food provided by the catacombs, the denizens of the Catacombs are protected from the long night, and are always prepared to venture out at their peak of health.

0AP= 2Ap- 2AP: Create populace (Monsters)

The Terror matron goes and secure the protection of her catacombs from any intruder, and creates three types of guardian creatures to infest the catacombs and attack those who do not know how to navigate her labyrinthine caves.

Shades- Massive and clumsy, Shades are the most numerous and the main threat to those who seek to explore the catacombs when they do not belong. They are relentless, strong, and very durable to most thing.
    Spoiler: Shades
    Show

Stalkers- Slim, ever changing shape, and cunning. Stalkers pick up the slack when the brutes fail their job or are met with a far more intelligent opponant. They are quick, can travel through shadows, and are just as relentless as the Shades.
    Spoiler: Stalker
    Show

Envoys- For those who survive the trials and beasts of the catacombs, and prove to be to much for it, they will always be meat with an Envoy. A construct of shadow, they are creatures who must facilitate the final test for those who wish to live within the catacombs. They use their powers to yank out the greatest fear of the person, then manifests it in a real and physical form, and force the victim to fight it. Should they win, they will be allowed into the Nox primacy and may learn the secrets of the catacombs. If they fail, they will be taken away to a hidden place, where they will be trapped for all eternity as terror is farmed from them forever.
    Spoiler: Envoy
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411

Kyre and Tiamat, Erebus
    Death waited at the edge of Erebus for Tiamat's arrival. When the dragon took too long Kyre kept it's male form and returned to Death's Citadel. It was while working here that Tiamat arrived. Wasting no time Kyre spoke, the voice booming through the structure. "The mortals have ceased to return to my realm as quickly as before. The mundane animals appear and disappear. The others have slowed in their numbers. I darkened the world so your dragons might spread. But this causes the others to die off. Yet the seem to be dieing less. Someone must have discovered immortality. This could have only been done by a god. If your enemies were to learn of this secret, them escaping from my realm would be the least of your troubles. I cannot enter the realm of mortals any longer. Find out what has happened to cease death. Find which god's have interfered and perhaps we can work together to right things again."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412

Bogwarts Tribe, Gardners - The Dark Grove

"Eeesh. Stupid travelers. You're not to be long for this world, right?" Said the Bogwart fish-man in his wet mad tone, an obvious product of his environment. They could tell more of the creatures watched them from the dense forest.

"If you is looking for food we ain't got none either." He warned while brandishing a crude spear. "But you made a decision for you is coming here for safety." He croaked out a laugh that was joined by a few more croaks in the trees. "It warmer, but.. What was that?" The frog-man tensed up and looked around as a noise happened in the wood.

"Probably can't find your way out yet anyway. If you gonna be here may as well stick with us- we won't hurt you like some things. We know where to hide." He finished and croaked a signal before the Gardners were joined by a whole tribe of Bogwarts.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: WARNING!
    Show
    WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS FILLED WITH ESOTERIC RAMBLINGS THAT ONLY SERVES TO EXPLAIN THE METAPHYSICAL CONCEPTS OF SOMETHING THAT WILL ACTUALLY BE CREATED INTO THE WORLD AT A LATER DATE. IF JUST READING THE WORD "ESOTERIC" FILLED YOU WITH THE DESIRE TO PUNCH A PHILOSOPHY PROFESSOR IN THE FACE, PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION! (also maybe look into those anger issues, I mean...seriously, dude.)

Passaer, The Void

The air god floated through the void, doing as he most often does; listening and feeling to the breath of the world. In a previous conversation with Yusri, he stated that not all living things breathe. The creatures that live beneath ocean, for example, do not breathe at all, as they remain below the surface all of their lives. This was an annoying concept for Passaer, but he wondered if it was true. It is correct that he could not feel the breath of anything below the waves, but perhaps they simply did not breathe air, but water or dreams? Following along with this concept, he broadened his definition of "breath". When a being breathes, they allow air into themselves, and then allow it to exit their bodies and back into the world. Could this not be said for nearly everything? Every being he had heard of, in some way, allows certain elements into themselves, and then allows that element to re-enter the world in a slightly different form. Through this, all creatures are theoretically connected, as elements and concepts pass from one being to the next.

Concepts. They pass yes, but how do they pass? Once again, it comes to breath. Most creatures passed concepts between themselves through the passage of air through themselves, out through their mouths, and manipulated by their throats and mouths into language. Again, all simply a form of breath. Thus, language and breath had the potential to shape the world, as he had already seen through the impassioned speeches of Yusri, or even his own whispers into the ears of mortals. What if this power was greater? What if the very fabric of reality itself could bend to the breath patterns of mortals? That, he thought, would make an excellent addition to the breath-song...

He would have to mention this to Yusri.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Lightning Trainline between Neutral Ground and Thorn

It had taken some time to decide where to build the first actual lightning train. The syndicate engineers along with the rix madi who were capable of sober thinking, or perhaps not so sober, had finally decided upon building it between Neutral Ground and Thorn. Thorn was in itself a small hamlet of little not, in fact there were bigger and closer enclaves. The deciding factor was at last that it had been raided by the Goblins and by building a train line together it sealed a sort of understanding for mutual benefit. Eucle, and his followers, weren't pious on grudges.

Several Wealth Dragons, Anihilators, had come from Neutral Ground carving perfectly square tunnels under the ground's surface. The tunnels ran into a straight line, for a straight line is the shortest distance, between both points. Metallic rails were built on the tunnel and at fixed distance of 30 feet water reservoirs were erected and kept in place with gramaric filters. The actual trains were built of wood and copper. And like the ships from the Orphaned Kings they had a rudimentary sentience. Yet their songs were dreams of speed and drunken revelrie trying to outdo each other in their races. The trains were lightning fast, speeding into a bolt that traversed the distance in a blinking instant.

When the first train reached Thorn six seconds after leaving Neutral Ground a crackling party erupted at the village.

Bogwarts Tribe, Gardeners - The Dark Grove

The Gardeners as confused as they look take to follow the Bogwarts without much question. Hiding fast and waiting in silence.

"We've got some food." said an elf as he drew an apple grown in Neutral Ground from a pouch, that appeared to be filled with you gessed it, apples.

"We've got some spirits too." another elf adventured reaching for a bottle shaped gourd.

The Gardeners were clearly rather bad at hiding, being quiet and not sharing.

The Keymaster, Oxid, Zahav Zalal, Eucle, Yhr'zallus - Dream Neutral Ground

Eucle simply nods and for a blink stares at the Mad God. Then he smiles. With his dowsing rod he points to a crecive in the wall wet with moisture and condensed water. For a momentary blink one can fathom tiny tendrils of information reach from the God's extended hand to the water surface. Soon the water disappears under a perfectly clear image. While everyone in the room has seen it spring into existance it does look incredibly real. Over a black background there are a myriad of symbols. Some are circled in white while others are only surrounded by partial circles.

"You are part of this city and he..." signals the Greed God. "...Is part of me. So there is little point in not sharing my plans with you. Here you can see some of my ideas and their completion rate."

The biggest symbols, those fully surrounded show a tree floating in the air, and an horizontal train marked with lightning. There are others which are partially surrounded, a pitch black tower atop a white tree, a grim faced tree, a full white "moon"... Others are barely marked, a lightning net, a small humanoid with a harp... And yet others have no mark at all jibberish language, a humanoid in white with a big grey shadow behind, a tree under the moon...

" Will you, who are part of what I have accomplished, help me accomplish what I will?"
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-03-02 at 02:10 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

The Keymaster, Oxid, Zahav Zalal, Eucle, Yhrzallus - Dream Neutral Ground

Yhrzallus did seem ponderous at the offer of the wealth god. "I am part of the city indeed. And so, I become more than what I was. Though no more than I already was. My existing, or not existing, is a factor upon the universe that you have pushed forth. If this city ceased to exist in a definite manner, my state of being would be absolute, an absolute of nothing. I would simply be less. Nothing. It is a disturbing notion, to be so singular when I can be so much more." The god seemed to move around, ponderously muttering other sentences to himself in languages that never were.

"Neutral Ground. A place of...possibilities. Unhinged, unlimited and unrestrained by many paradigms, yet limited at the same time. It must be more than it is." Yhrzallus did seem to gaze upon the one who had posed him the question. "In order to let many things be and not be, you may consider your plans as my own as well. An alignment forged by its potential...yes. Rise or fall, 'Part of the City' I shall remain."

He then stepped forward towards the other two. "A gift. Or curse...it'll be up for time to decide. But a Secret shall be imparted to You."

The Keymaster stepped forth as well and took a key from his necklace, fitting it in a keyhole that materialized out of thin air. It then unfolded a rift into reality as a strange energy was released all around. It affected the Dream, whispering something into the minds of those within the city, leaving it there as if it had always been part of the world. Those within the lucid dream would now know that magic could be controlled through studied methods and practice, through writings and use of components, but in stark contrast, they would know of darker ways to attain magic, and how to harm others for self benefit. It was then and there that the Secrets of Wizardry and Witchcraft had been unleashed into the Playground.

Spoiler: AP Use and further notes
    Show

9 AP = 10-1 Create Concept: Witches and Wizards

Members of the Listeners of Yhrzallus should be considered Witches and Wizards, with the Urban Savant prestige class option.

Spoiler: More detailing of the Listeners of Yhrzallus organization
    Show

Founded by the ones to listen to the First Words of the Sorcerer-King, it was created by the gathering of individuals wishing to hear whispers of Yhrzallus more clearly. And by communing together, not only the Keeper of Secrets answered, but he also bestowed upon the world an avatar: The Keymaster, who of course became the highest member of the order. For he Spoke the words of their god, and the others Listened.

As citizens of Neutral Ground, the first Listeners were attuned to magic, and ultimately curious to find out who was the voice that had whispered into their heads. Their acceptance of Yhrzallus as their god let them take their pursuit, their curiosity, further than before, for in Madness lied many Secrets. Secrets only shared once the mortals attained enough favor from their god.

Those who become Listeners and seek knowledge too hastily have their minds broken, for Yhrzallus takes no pleasure in mortal arrogance, and vengefully reveals them too many secrets at once, secrets not meant for mortal minds that snap and tear at the psyche leaving the mortal as little more than a husk of their former self.

But for those who can stay the course, they find much within the organization. All proper Listeners are ultimately curious, and look not only inward to the imparted knowledge of their god, but seek secrets themselves. They curiously explore their surroundings, their city, they write down information, even if at the time it is irrelevant, for some day it may become relevant. In a few generations, it could even become a secret.

And in doing so, secrets of all kinds are both offered and received from Yhrzallus, as the Keymaster acts as the medium between the mortals and him.
    Most offerings and requests undergo a ritual, known simply as The Waiting, for it is simply that. The Keymaster takes the mortal to a secluded room in Dream Neutral Ground. A room that does not seem to be anything other than self contained. And in there, the mortal must wait, as the Keymaster than leaves to speak to Yhrzallus.

Given the connection the Keymaster has to his god, such a ritual is more of a test of faith, dedication, patience as he leaves the mortal waiting for an indeterminate amount of time for an answer. It could take but a few seconds and stretch far beyond into days or more. The offer or request can be rejected. Either simply making the effort wasted, or if the mortal was particularly greedy, cause Yhrzallus to break their minds.

As such, most Listeners prefer to either take one rather relevant secret as an offer, or sometimes gather many secrets and offer them together, in hopes that in a later Waiting they may be granted a Secret by Yhrzallus.

Last edited by MetaKnightFan; 2015-03-02 at 03:26 PM.
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

26. - Top - End - #416

Bogwarts Tribe, Gardners - The Dark Grove

"You got food?" One of the Bogwarts croaked in surprise and snatched the apple before gobbling it down. "Could be poisonous." Another Bogwart said causing the first Bogwart to look panicked and start scrubbing it's tongue frantically.

"Stop making a fool of us!" The Bogwart who first spoke to the Gardners said before smacking them both with the long end of his spear. "Why you offer us stuff?" He said suspiciously waving his spear a little at the taller mortals.

"They call me Gurgle-Gurgle and this is my tribe." The leader Bogwart continued as they arrived at a swampy bog with a cave covered in vines; apparently it was where they rested because they seemed happy to be back.

"What is 'Spirits'?" The ranger said before leaning down and petting an alligator that was sunbathing on the rocks. "Try this." Gurgle-Gurgle continued before giving one of the elves a crude bowl that had a black liquid in it, Bitterbrew. He took the flask in response and took a big drink.

27. - Top - End - #417

Trenco, On the Road

Well. That wasn’t quite what he was expected. He gazed sidelong at the masked figure. “Breathe? I’ve got to breathe to sing, to speak, to live. What do you mean, as I do?”

28. - Top - End - #418

Ignus,
    Random Elven Town

Another one gone...

Ignus steps into a small Elvish town. She stands upon a growing pillar of fire there, from the pit in which she appeared among the flames...

Not an excessively tall pillar, merely enough to garner attention. Once she has it, she explains to them what has occurred, their creator vanishing.

She speaks of their haunted dreams of war, or of being beneath the ocean.

She then offers freedom, peace, and eternal life in a world free of these things.

She takes those free of faith in other gods with her to her plane.

Then to the next nearest town, in which she does the same.

With a few hundred elves, taking as many as can touch her at any given time to the portal she gestures them through into a luminous world, where the plants themselves glow and sparkle.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
    Caravan of the Liliputians, Challenge Mountains

The halflings sat quietly, transfixed as their visitor told the story. As he finished, Swifee rose, placing both hands over his eyes, and bowing towards their visitor, uttering a brief phrase, echoed by the others. “Kuunteelu, me muistaame.
    As the echos of the words faded, and the spell of the story lifted from the group, some light tunes picked up in the background, and Swifee sat next to their visitor again.
    Thank you for the gift of the story. As for your question… In the end, curiosity. We seek to add to story and song by experience.” A grin flitted across his face, and he leaned closer, winking. “And who knows? Maybe they’ll be wanting to trade? Mayhaps they’ll have something some other place has never seen...” Winking again, he shrugged expressively. “What can you tell me of these dragons?
    The Kobold seems quite willing to answer any question the Halflings may have "Some say that they are amongst the oldest of creatures upon the Playground. Charged by the Second to give strength and guidance to the mortal races, they prepare for the day when the First shall rise once more. You come to these lands during dark times. For Demiourgia, the land created by the Second and given to her children is being invaded by the unfeeling creations of the Third. Should you not wish to be swept by the events which will soon come to pass, I would advise that you seek other lands to call your home."

"But should you still desire to call Demiourgia your home despite the dangers looming ahead, then you shall enjoy the same guidance and companionship that the other races of these land have. You may be able to chose the companionship of the Metallic Dragons, followers of the First Born and King of Dragons and friends of the Dwarfs and Kobolds. Then there are the Chromatic Dragons, followers of the First Daughter and Queen of Dragons, subjugators of the Orcs, Goblins and Hobgoblins. And then you have the Lung Dragons who have distanced themselves from the events of these lands."

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykire View Post
    Kyre and Tiamat, Erebus
    Death waited at the edge of Erebus for Tiamat's arrival. When the dragon took too long Kyre kept it's male form and returned to Death's Citadel. It was while working here that Tiamat arrived. Wasting no time Kyre spoke, the voice booming through the structure. "The mortals have ceased to return to my realm as quickly as before. The mundane animals appear and disappear. The others have slowed in their numbers. I darkened the world so your dragons might spread. But this causes the others to die off. Yet the seem to be dieing less. Someone must have discovered immortality. This could have only been done by a god. If your enemies were to learn of this secret, them escaping from my realm would be the least of your troubles. I cannot enter the realm of mortals any longer. Find out what has happened to cease death. Find which god's have interfered and perhaps we can work together to right things again."
    "Perhaps you have misunderstood the nature of our partnership Lord Kyre. I am not an agent of Death..." replied Tiamat bluntly "... nor would I have the luxury to run at your command, for just as someone has desecrated death, so too has Demiourgia been desecrated with the creation of Purity. The difference is I know the ones who have wronged my kind and they shall soon pay. War is coming to Demiourgia Lord Kyre, and considering the ill timed Long Night and the famine that has befallen upon the Playground, then perhaps immortality is not such a bad thing. Perhaps the most powerful Dragons can withstand the Great Famine... but what of the Greenskins that we have under our command? My army is dying before I am able to send them to war."

"Especially considering that my enemies are now soulless things that do not need light, nor do they hunger. Therefore, if I am to help Death instead of seeking this immortality for my own army, while at the same time potentially making a new enemy of a god on your behalf, then I shall require compensation for my effort and trouble."
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

Clora & Neiag- The World
    Clora took flight into the sky, leaving Neiag behind unless he chose to follow, and watched her lights appear across the mortal lands from above. The healing light pouring across the land. She flew down to one of the brightest lights, a peculiarly strongly glowing skeleton. "Hello my child. This day I choose you to lead our kind. Go out and find Vek'nul and Cho'zak - They are my first skeleton and first zombie. My first Necromancer, and my first Cleric. They were directed to grow their numbers, and now you and the glowing ones shall join them. However, I wish to be clear, you shall lead all. You shall be named Lum'ohs, and you are my chosen. My leader. I mark you as Queen of the Arisen. However, do not let yourself forget your first directive. Aid the mortal races - they will never stand eternally as we do, but that does not mean they should not stand in their short time. Just like Cho'zak, you will be my cleric, but I will not be giving you the power to create and restore our kind - your power is to heal the mortals - and even restore those who die prematurely to life.

Clora looked upon her newest child and new that it would complete its task. Laying a claw on its forehead, she brightened its glow, and imparted her own new understanding of healing unto Lum'ohs.

"But do not forget, child, that the undead were once dead - if you attempt to restore one of your kind, the kind of Vek'nul, or the kind of Cho'zak to life it may very well destroy them in the process."

Clora pondered her most recent decision. Surely this Kyre would be unhappy with the idea of the dead returning to life. Clora would have to be weary, careful in case the dark deity were to attempt to attack. Perhaps finding allies among the gods would be wise. She returned to Neiag.

"Where can I find the other deities of this land?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initial AP: [3]
    AP Expenditure:
    Gain Domain (Healing Domain (Light)) [-3] - Clora has gained the healing domain, actions taken include: Create Utility Artifact (Tendrils of restorative light) [3], Mold Land (Tendrils of restorative light) [1], and Nourishment (First lighting) [1], along with the Light Portfolio.
    Mark The Chosen (Lum'ohs, Queen of the Arisen) [0] - Lum'ohs, a powerful glowing skeleton, has been marked as the Queen of all of Clora's Undead, and is tasked with healing and supporting mortals.
    Remaining AP: [0]
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-03-04 at 01:53 PM.