New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation in the Playground (IC)

Pernieth - The Pulse of the Forest

It called to him, but oh how he hated it. His place was among the roots of the world, not beyond it. Yet it was a call, he felt, that could not be denied. So preparations would be made, so that when he was unable to resist the call, his people and his land would not be left desolate.

The first thing Pernieth did was to animate his guardians. Their creation had been accomplished long ago, but they had languished, waiting for his call. When that call came, the response was awe inspiring. Across the forests who thought and slept and lived with Pernieth, the trees walked. Not as dryad or Spriggan, but as themselves, massive trunks splitting into legs, branches becoming arms. Not all the trees, but one in ten within the forest. These Ents would be the keepers of their groves. The dryads would keep the Heart Tree sacred, and would tend to the growth of the forests. Their duty would be to speak for the trees, who had voices but no mouths, and who spoke in a language that few mortals outside elves could hear. The Ents would be the protectors of the groves, dealing with interlopers and those that would let fire and steel and metal outweigh their care for those living within the forest. The ents were neigh indistinguishable from trees most of the time, save for when they moved. Their size was deceptive, and they wee capable of covering great distances and attacking with great ferocity. With their awakening, Pernieth knew the forests would be safe, even in his absence.

Cassandra - The Orphan Kings

The living ships were a marvel to her. Wood, once dead and forgotten, animated once more with the conciousness of that tree living within it. And much more vocal than the trees across the other lands, capable of speaking directly at a pace that even the dullest of mortals could comprehend. It was fascinating. She spent a great deal of time talking to the ships, hearing of their travels, their crews, their customs. She talked of the First Tree, the Mother, and found that many of them had never visited her. Cassandra told them that they would ever be welcome there. Many of the ships swore that they would make the journey soon.

Then quickly enough came the choosing, the part Cassandra was most eager to see.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting on Mystic (hopefully)

Ents - The Dark Forest (Border)

With Hagatha gone, the Dark Forest ceases it's expansion into the nearby green woods. Though not so much by choice as by the simple fact that no matter how the corrupted heart trees tried, they could not seem to push beyond a radius. Spriggan and bog warts sent to investigate rarely returned, and those that did could not explain the loss of their fellows nor the lack of expansion. The truth was, Pernieth had drawn a metaphorical line in the sand. Beyond that, the trees were invigorated, resistant to the corruption, and along that line a large quantity of Ents resided. The Ents were, by their nature, resistant to the spread of the Dark Corruption, for they needed no awakening, as they dreamed and woke as trees mostly could not. And their minds were filled with joy at the protection of their forests and their dryad kin, and they took no pleasure in the destruction of mortals, save those that defiled the forest.

So tales would grow of trees on the playground that moved and spoke, trees that commanded dryads and protected the forests. Most dismissed these as flights of fancy, but to the few that had seen, the Ents were very real.

The Forests - The Longest Night

Unlike the other mortal races, the denizens of Pernieth's forests were prepared for the Longest Night. Long summers and winters absorbing sunlight and storing it for times they knew not when paid off, as the Forests blessed by Pernieth's hand continued to grow and flourish.

The advent of the strange bone-lights was heeded as an omen of good fortune by Ents, Dryads, and Trees, though few mortal races outside those three would know it, concerned with their own survival as they were. In addition, the strange bone-creatures were welcomed among the forest, for they consumed nothing, and needed no sustenance, and were among the few creatures that could afford the time to speak directly to the trees, rather than through the dryads.
    [if Clora wants to say Hi to Pernieth, this would be a good start]

Spoiler: AP
    Show

5=5-0: Artifact (Nourish) Ents - Resistance to corruption. Ents do not fall prey to the same corruption of the Dark Grove, and can actively work against it in non-corrupted forests.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kyre and Tiamat,Erebus
    "I promised the night to ease the passage of your shadow dragons unto the world. And so it was done. You will lose some yes, but you gain more. Spread your shadow dragons throughout the world while their passage is eased. Bury them as spies, pockets of fierce fighters. I care not what you do with your guards of Erebus. Make them into agents of death if you so wish." Kyre paused, "You speak of war, yet if all mortals learn the secret of immortality then the war will never end. You will be locked in an endless combat, unable to win. If those without souls exist, this too is information of use to me. For I created souls within all that lives. If something moves, yet does not live, this does not bode well for either of us. Seek out immortality for your army. I care not if you do so, I merely ask to know who is the cause of such a curse. You speak of greenskins that suffer in the long night. When they die, they come here. They are at peace and suffer no longer. But if you give them immortality, they continue to suffer. If your dragons were to lose a head, they live. But what is such a life? Surely you wish more for your people. I ask not for you to intervene on my behalf. I merely ask for information so that a best course can be decided. Immortality is a curse disguised as a blessing. Seek it out if you wish. Use it if you wish. Try to control it, I care not. I just ask for the name of who gifted it so foolishly to all mortals."
    Last edited by Deadlykire; 2015-03-03 at 08:18 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423

Hagatha, Matron Mother Elev Nosh - Dark Grove DMZ

"Eh? Oh you've decided to grace me with your presence again, have you?" Hagatha scoffed as she leaned heavy on her walking stick. She looked half-amused by the demands of the Matron Mother and ran her hand through the air through the still in air snowflakes that were still falling.

"Why is it that everyone seems to think they can order me about? I ask these questions like why do I enjoy suffering so," She crushed a frozen snowflake in the air with her hand, "And why I've gotten absolutely zero respect from you or any other. So why should I do as you say?"

Hagatha smiled to herself. "Destroy? I relish that word. You come demanding of me and why should I care? They can try and face the brutality of my grove if they come, and they will be tortured to death for the amusement of the trees. I'm leaving this place, amusing as it may be. But maybe I will go and pay a greeting to this 'Dred Olg' and find ecstasy in the suffering from the aftermath of her path of destruction." She laughed lightly to herself.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2015-03-04 at 02:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Hagatha, Matron Mother Elev Nosh - Dark Grove DMZ

"Eh? Oh you've decided to grace me with your presence again, have you?" Hagatha scoffed as she leaned heavy on her walking stick. She looked half-amused by the demands of the Matron Mother and ran her hand through the air through the still in air snowflakes that were still falling.

"Why is it that everyone seems to think they can order me about? I ask these questions like why do I enjoy suffering so," She crushed a frozen snowflake in the air with her hand, "And why I've gotten absolutely zero respect from you or any other. So why should I do as you say?"

Hagatha smiled to herself. "Destroy? I relish that word. You come demanding of me and why should I care? They can try and face the brutality of my grove if they come, and they will be tortured to death for the amusement of the trees. I'm leaving this place, amusing as it may be. But maybe I will go and pay a greeting to this 'Dred Olg' and find ecstasy in the suffering from the aftermath of her path of destruction." She laughed lightly to herself.
    "Half of Demigoria has already been taken by these Ur-Priests, they extract divinity from others. I would have went to the Heroes of Challenge Mountain, but they have fallen silent. YOU are the walking divinity that has the power to fight them. No Avatar could fight them with this advantage, no creation can stop them. We are kin, so I come to you."

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

5. - Top - End - #425
    Banned

Goblin

Neiag & Cloara - the World

God of stories couldn't resist a faint smile, seeing how his creation had already taken steps in response to god of death's actions.
    "That depends, whom you wish to meet first. May I lead you to Challenge Mountains, where some of my family resides? I believe they'll be delighted to meet you. For me it's just a small step into my domain and back to the world."

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Clora & Neiag - The World

"Challenge mountains? Yes. Lead the way. My children shall explore elsewhere."

Cho'zak - Edge of the Dark Grove

Cho'zak and the few select zombies he had created so far marched towards the dark grove - they were told to avoid the civilizations of mortals, and this place seemed to lack such civilizations. Cho'zak spoke out, in a hoarse call "I am Cho'zak, second born of The Unliving. We seek commune with the creatures of this land."

Vek'nul - Forest

Vek'nul, the skeleton, walked with some of the new skeletons he had raised through the forest. They were delicate - careful not to harm the trees - they were not here to make enemies with the living. Vek'nul knelt down beside a try, and spoke "Hello, I am Vek'nul, first born of the unliving. We seek parley."

Lum'ohs - The World

Lum'ohs, the chosen glowing skeleton, directed most of her glowing peoples to go out and find civilization - aiding them. She herself set out to the forest, to make contact with Vek'nul.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlykire View Post
    Kyre and Tiamat,Erebus
    "I promised the night to ease the passage of your shadow dragons unto the world. And so it was done. You will lose some yes, but you gain more. Spread your shadow dragons throughout the world while their passage is eased. Bury them as spies, pockets of fierce fighters. I care not what you do with your guards of Erebus. Make them into agents of death if you so wish." Kyre paused, "You speak of war, yet if all mortals learn the secret of immortality then the war will never end. You will be locked in an endless combat, unable to win. If those without souls exist, this too is information of use to me. For I created souls within all that lives. If something moves, yet does not live, this does not bode well for either of us. Seek out immortality for your army. I care not if you do so, I merely ask to know who is the cause of such a curse. You speak of greenskins that suffer in the long night. When they die, they come here. They are at peace and suffer no longer. But if you give them immortality, they continue to suffer. If your dragons were to lose a head, they live. But what is such a life? Surely you wish more for your people. I ask not for you to intervene on my behalf. I merely ask for information so that a best course can be decided. Immortality is a curse disguised as a blessing. Seek it out if you wish. Use it if you wish. Try to control it, I care not. I just ask for the name of who gifted it so foolishly to all mortals."
    "The Shadow Dragons are meant to rule deep within the earth were the light of my Mother's eye never reaches. Such was my decree, for the surface belongs to my brood, the very ones who shall strike at the soulless ones made from metal. I believe I had made it clear that I care not if the souls are at peace or suffer no longer. At this point I see only the threat which may very well fill the world with these soulless machines. I cannot give you the name of the one behind Purity, for names are a dangerous thing and mentioning its name may attract its attention. Yet the one behind it, was the Third to be created."

"As for the one responsible for immortality, should I happen to hear a name being whispered in the wind, then naturally you shall be informed. However should you wish for this issue to have my most immediate attention... then send your messenger to me with your offer."

And with that Tiamat is gone.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

Vek'nul, Ironbark - Forest (Demiourgia)

Perhaps it would have surprised Vek'nul when the tree that he spoke to shifted, took a step back, and then knelt to put its face at his level. Perhaps not, for to the unliving, the movement of the forest may have seemed as natural as their own.

"You have a strange countance about you, once mortal. What is it that you would ask of the forests?" These creatur's smelled strange to Ironbark, strange like the growths of light and bone that grew during the Longest Night, yet they smelled also of mortal lives and flesh, yet were clearly not. He would be cautious, for all Ents knew that the fleshy races untested were not to be trusted.

Even as the massive tree spoke, Dryads flit through the nearby branches to watch, surrounding the small party, and the wind whispering through the trees speaks of warning. There is only curiosity now, but the possibility of violence list constrained just beyond.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

The Keymaster, Oxid, Zahav Zalal, Eucle, Yhrzallus - Dream Neutral Ground

Eucle smirks and nods as Yhrzallus confides a secret. The circles in the screen immediately shift. One in particular takes a big step forward a written page on a bubbly cloud. Almost instantly there is a shift in the dream city. There is the rumble of moving trees.

"You just eased the Gardeners purpose. For that I thank you."

Broken Tower (Neutral Ground)

No one remembers for how long the tower has been there. In fact it might have been there before Neutral Ground existed or maybe it wasn't standing a blink ago. It's name was just a mortal aproximation, a description, of itself. The tower wasn't broken in any material sense. Perhaps a more accurate description would be Unfinished Tower. Yet it doesn't roll as well in the tongue and is still unaccurate. For what the tower truly lacks is an end. One can climb, up and up, towards the top with no hop of reaching it. Each step advancess less than the last halting advancement with tedious despair. It was this tower the one that the Gardeners had taken as main quarters for it's unfathomable height reminded them of Pernieth, the first tree that had given them shade.

If the tower had existed for more than a vague memory it had changed. Changes tended to be slow in Neutral Ground. Like an ocean engulfing a drop the shared Dream thick with dreamers resisting the additions of all too small individual people. Only rare occasions such as when a new group entered the dream en masse or when there was a massive shift in the city's will.

The Broken Tower bloomed. The elven migrations to Neutral Ground, the dream city of their god's dream, had added the fuel. The firsts wizards had been the spark. Massive clouds of dream leaves, white as paper, scribbled with letters that didn't have order or concert flocked to the tower. A murder of paper crows spiralling around the thick stone and wood mast.

The Gardeners rushed to the top many falting in their advance as the tower's geometry refused them. Yet they didn't falter it was their purpose. Their primordial order. Till then they had fished at the shores, searching for the skimming dreams of sorcerers. Drinking the few knowledge that came from them. Yet it wasn't proper. Most sorcerers didn't worry about how they did what they did. They simply did. But wizards... Oh boy. Wizards dream big. Wizards dream of their spellbook filled with arcane lore. And the Gardeners cull from those dreams searching the brightest and darkest cultivating them into the finest.

Bogwarts Tribe, Gardners - The Dark Grove

"It isn't poisoned. We don't poison the food. We've got some venomous pears but we don't eat those."
    "Pears aren't venomous they are poisonous. Oranges are venomous."

When they are pocked with spears they simply raise their hands showing that they are in fact unarmed. The closest thing they carry to a weapon are a sacks, shovels and dowsing rods.

"Well you asked for food. More or less. We meant no offense."

As Gurgle-Gurgle introduces himself and every Bogwart seems more relaxed the elves relax too. They even smile. The one who appears to lead steps forward. He is dressed in black robes with coloured embroidery in fern's fractals.

"We are pleased to meet you Gurgle-Gurgle" The elf does his best to pronounce the name properly "We... I am Ôl. Call us... me Ol if it eases pronunciation."

Ôl takes the bowl offered in his hands and he cups it to his nose taking a sip and holding his tongue, he obviously is having a hard time dealing with he bitterness. After taking a second mouthful he passes the bowl to the nearest elf.

"This... is interesting. Spirits are different yet similar."

As he speaks he is interrupted by the second elf who has just swallowed some of the black liquid.

"This makes you unsleepy! This robs you of sleep..."

Ôl raises his long thin hand and the other elf falls silent immediately almost blushing.

"As I was saying your drink is similar to ours. Both keep warmth and warm the body. Yours can probably keep drinkers awake after several drinks while ours would make one fall asleep. Does your drink also make drinkers happy when imbebeed in quantity? Spirits can make people lightheaded and hearty if taken in excess."
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

10. - Top - End - #430

Hagatha, Matron Mother Elev Nosh - The Dark Grove DMZ

"Hmph." Hagatha replied as she looked out towards Neutral Ground. The Ents stood there in places, stoic guardians, it was amusing to her that they couldn't cover every place. Mortals could still leave and enter her grove. "I am the Walking Divinity, am I? It's all up to me? Oh, how I enjoy the desperation in your voice." She said cruelly. "Maybe you should beg me further? I do enjoy seeing those so haughty brought low."

"So maybe I will go and teach these Ur-Priests the meaning of true suffering- but solely for my own.. amusements."

Nimneka, Cho'zak - Different Part of The Dark Grove DMZ

"Ho ho ho." A low laugh was the response as a Spriggin peeked out from the trees. The tree controlling this corpse was smart enough not to leave the safety of Hagatha's forest lest she deteriorate. "Commune? Gehehehe! I only speak in the languages of pain and madness- please come closer and let me find out how much you can take! It's been so long since I tasted the screams of something new!"

Gurgle-Gurgle, Bogwarts Tribe, Gardners - The Dark Grove

"Oh yeah those make bad noises from the food-box." Gurgle-Gurgle says, dismissing the rotten fruits. "We are most.." He looked a little confused as if searching for the right word, "...appreciative for your food."

The Bogwarts mill around in their crude home appearing totally relaxed now. They seem to have determined that the Gardners aren't much of a threat at all. "Best stay away from the water's edge; not every croc is as well behaved as Chompy here." Gurgle-Gurgle offered another warning before petting his companion again and stuffing his mouth with an apple.

"Nice colors!" Gurgle-Gurgle remarks, more interested in the embroidery for the moment. He seems to peer closely at it before looking back up at the elf known as Ôl without even bothering to care if he got the guttural pronunciation of his name right. "Ol.. Ol?" The Bogwart tries out not quite getting the 'O' sound right.

"If you think that's bitter you should try a bitterberry straight off the vine!" He mocked jovially. "Sleepy? Sleep is danger!" Gurgle-Gurlge exclaimed, but his gaze had drifted over to another Bogwart who had taken the spirit's flask and nearly drained it. As Ôl explained that Bogwart stumbled around drunkly.

"I see. The Bitterbrew is for warmth and wake, that's all.. but.." He looked like he was considering something, but another Bogwart interrupted him and handed him a mushroom.

"Make them try this!"

Gurgle-Gurgle glared at this interrupting member of his tribe and turned over the Weird Mushroom in his hand. "If it's sleep you like, and happiness you seek, maybe this you should try.. or another of your tribe.." He said slowly, like it was important Ôl hear this. "First a warning; these things really mess with you! We is working on a more subdued brew for them."

Then he handed over the purple-headed Weird Mushroom to Ôl.
    LGBTitP

11. - Top - End - #431
    Orc in the Playground

The Keymaster, Oxid, Zahav Zalal, Eucle, Yhrzallus - Dream Neutral Ground

"There are many others that can come to be." The god of secrets said. "Knowledge carries power, and thought is knowledge given direction. Hidden thoughts...twisted thoughts have an interesting direction. They become Secrets. Real or Unreal, it does not matter. Lies may become the truth. And what is true may suffer the inverse fate. I was not true, but I became so."

The Sorcerer King, in an exceptional case embraced singularity of form as Yhrzallus manifested as the silver maiden, unnaturally pale, and wielding a silver tome and cane. "For now, consider this my last gift, o Wealth God. For this Ground to be truly Neutral, it cannot be part of the world, even if it must remain tethered to it. All who tread this world are ultimately beholden to something. The ground is shaped to their wills, but where has the ground come from? Our surroundings give us bases to shape, but for Neutrality to exist, it cannot be beholden, not to the earth, not to the air, not to the suns."

As Yhrzallus said that, she(considering the singular, female form at this time) raised the tome high above her hands, as she tapped the cane into the ground, with an intensity that left a soft hum, followed by a rumbling sound.

"Fear not, Wealth God. I do not bring our demise. At least not willingly. This is the one course to achieve Neutrality."

And so, Neutral Ground began to ascend from its position in the Playground, leaving a few of its trees behind as it distanced itself further and further off of the ground, prepared to join Phos, Oussia and all the rest that dwelled in the void, orbiting The World below. Now it stood on its own, away from most typical concepts of threats and ravages of the world.

"I give you the Secret of the Moon." She said, though Yhrzallus' job was not yet done. Under the city, a rainbow-colored drop of liquid bismuth started falling down towards the world below, yet stopped itself amidst the void, as if it had reached the end of an invisible tether. It then began to stir and shift, expanding quickly in all directions and creating a massive, though fairly irregular sphere. Then, all over the surface of the newly shaped satellite, forms of fairly primitive life, as some sort of neon-glowing grass dotted the landscape, shining bright in the sky of the long night, though not nearly enough to give anything close to what the stars could. And thus the Moon was created.

The Keymaster, Oxid, Zahav Zalal, Eucle, Yhrzallus - Dream Neutral Ground, The Moon

And with that, Yhrzallus returned to a complex form. "We are now in a land of our own making. Neutrality is achieved. Do with it as you see fit, for so shall I, in my ways."

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show

8AP = 9-1 Mold Land (Ascend Neutral Ground)
    6AP = 8-2 Create Land (Moon)
    Last edited by MetaKnightFan; 2015-03-04 at 03:49 PM.
    Keymaster avatar, self made :)

12. - Top - End - #432
    Banned

Goblin

Neiag & Clora - Neiag's Web then Challenge Mountains

"It's not far away. You just need to take step outside the world." Neiag leads Clora into his realm, the gigantic web existing on another plane. "and then steb right in."He says, bringing them back into the Challenge mountain, before his creation has a chance to see more than he would like to. And once they are in the mountains, he proclaims loudly "My family! Mighty Tiamat, Glorious Israken and majestic Isino! I'm calling for you, there is someone whom you need to meet."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Gurgle-Gurgle,Ôl, Bogwarts Tribe, Gardners - The Dark Grove

Ôl nods when looking at the crocodile he is clearly keeping himself away from it. When offered the mushroom he takes a kerchief from his arm, black with honeycomb designs colored in shades that could also give a blind man a seizure. He trades it willingly for the mushroom. Looking at the fungus he whistles and another elf, this time a young female, comes forward. In her hands there is cozily sleeping coiled unto itself a cute small rust monster. The maiden leaves the creature at the ground who playfully starts to touch things with its antennae and extends her hand.

"She is our best dreamer." He offers at the only explanation and passes the mushroom to the woman. With timid curiosity she smells it before taking a bite of the purplish cap, a second one and finally throwing the full thing into her mouth. It doesn't take many chews till she almost falls to the ground, Ôl reactions fast enough to catch her. She starts to drool and her eyes go white.

Ôl doesn't seem worried although he tightens his grip when she starts trashing. Another elf offers a stick which the leader promptly puts through her mouth ensuing that she doesn't bite her tongue. Only the rust monster seems worried, looking at its master with troubled eyes, the elves aren't perturbed.

"If sleeping is always like this for you we understand why you don't like it..."

Suddenly Ôl let's go. All elves drop what's on their hands. Their jaws fall from their hinges. They look up. As a shiny rock made of rainbow lifts through the sky.

"What?"

"They must know they are dreaming now."

"Wake them!"

"We must know."

The elves are confused and rather uncontrolled at the moment. Even Ôl is clearly unsettled. He looks at the unconscious woman and peels her eyes. He sighs and then starts chanting in a low voice and an alien language. As he speaks the woman seems more focused, it starts sprouting spume and her eyes regain color. As Ôl finishes incantating the woman awakens.

"What's going on Neutral Ground?"

The elven crowd demands. Ôl raises his hand, and the elves seem to regain some sense. Then he turns to Gurgle - Gurgle.

"We are sorry for the inconvenience but... can we have some more of that Bitter drink? Our dreamers needs to be fully awake now. Also there is something else, but we don't dare to ask of you."
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-03-04 at 04:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

Vek'nul was completely unfazed by the sudden movement of the tree. Surprise is, after all, an emotion. "Greetings. We are currently looking to grow our numbers - we are made of the skeletons of the deceased. If you were to allow us to utilize the skeletons that lie within this place, we will provide an equivalent service in exchange." Vek'nul paused, and looked upon a nearby glowing orb-tipped bone structure. "Tough it seems our creator may have already done as much. This is still no matter, if there is a service which you require in exchange, we will complete this service to the best of our ability."

Glowing Skeletons - The remains of Neutral Ground

Most of the glowing skeletons were not within the territory of neutral ground, and so those who remained began to spread, and follow different roads to different places - anywhere connected by the trade routes.

Glowing Skeletons - Neutral Ground

Four of the glowing skeletons received a different fate: They were on the edge of the land when it began to rise, and so they were the four undead entities on Neutral Ground. They still had their directives - aid the mortals. With sufficient knowledge and ability between them to spread clerical magic, and their passively restorative light, they would likely be able to aid the people of this place.

Cho'zak & Nimneka - Different Part of the Dark Grove DMZ

Cho'zak tilted his head. "Pain? Madness? I do not understand - what are these things?" He sent one of his zombies closer to Nimneka - surely these languages would be harmless.
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-03-05 at 12:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #435

Gurgle-Gurgle, Ôl , Bogwarts Tribe, Gardners - The Dark Grove

Gurgle-Gurgle whistled in appreciation
    as he took the brightly colored kerchief and tied it around his head like a bandana. He then watched in awe and a few other Bogwarts croaked excitedly as the woman consumed the entirety of the mushroom so quickly. They knew that was gonna hit her fast. "Fearless to chomp it down, guwah?" He remarked in admiration before they watched the dreamer in her mad dreams.

"What a funny thing!" Another Bogwart coos, this one smaller, joining the gathered Bogwarts and Gardners. This one is obviously a child. Gurgle-Gurgle looks concerned for a second, but lets his face relax. It begins to poke around with the Rust Monster, curious about it, before Gurgle-Gurgle pushes the kid back with the flat of his spear away from the creature. But the Bogwart leader keeps his eye on the sleeping, thrashing woman ready to stop her from leaving if she wandered in her dreams.

"Gak!" Gurgle-Gurgle exclaims comically as he looks where the elves attention is now diverted and throws his hands up over his head along with a few other Bogwarts. "What that is?!" He exclaimed after realizing it wasn't going to land on them and he took a better look at it. They'd seen other astrological bodies of course, the two moons, the dread star Desolation, but this one seemed so much closer! Stars didn't often rise from the ground.

"You have an idea about this.. happening?" Gurgle-Gurgle questions frantically and waved his arms about as he watched the elves rush about, not bothering to hide his surprise at how they awoke the woman from her mad mushroom sleep so easily.

"Yes yes.. Sleep can be dangerous even in best times." Gurgle-Gurgle agreed and croaked loudly. He looked annoyed and croaked again before whipping a still cowering Bogwart with the staff of his spear. "Put another pot on." He demanded.

They rushed off and brought out some crudely-made buckets full of berries that they then began mushing up along with some unusual bark and water. Once they had enough mush they placed it in a sturdier bucket and propped it up to hang over a small fire.

Another Bogwart brought Gurgle-Gurgle another crude bowel which he passed over to Ol after drinking from it himself with a wet fishy noise.

"So what this you wanted to ask?" He inquired.

"Hehehe! At last!" Nimneka shouted from his Spriggin host as roots grabbed the zombie from every angle and dragged it the rest of the way into the swamp. The Spriggin walked over excitedly.

"Now let's see what your screams taste like!" He declared before sliding his claw down the zombies face cutting it. "What? Agh!" He said with disappointment when he received no reaction. In full view still of Cho'Zak he tried a more pain methods on the hapless zombie before getting frustrated and having his roots pull and rip the zombies limbs off.

"Why don't you scream?!" Nimneka shouted and stomped about using his Spriggin like a child who received the wrong toy on Christmas. "You!" He yelled out of the woods at Cho'Zak.

"You talk normally! Come here! I will teach you the secrets of pain and the whispers of madness!"
    Last edited by Phobia; 2015-03-04 at 06:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Orc in the Playground

Cho'zak & Nimneka - Dat DMZ tho

"I tried to explain to you: these things of which you speak, they are alien to us. We are in the image of our mother, the Unliving. Whatever you wish to receive from tearing our kind apart, you will never find yourself able. We came in hopes of growing our numbers, with the hope of an equivalent trade, but it seems that what you seek is not something we can provide." Cho'zak shook his head - this place could have been ideal, but it seems it was not meant to be so.
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-03-04 at 06:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437

"Unliving? Living is suffering but you've side-stepped the pain of being alive?" Nimneka said with frustration.

"Wait! Don't go. I grow bored rooted to one spot." He nearly pleaded, his intimidations turning more to desperation. "I'll step aside and allow you roam within my bog.. No touching, I promise!" He said with a dark chuckle while his roots discretely pushed the remains of the zombie out of the way into some swampy water.

"If I can't hurt you I may as well amuse myself with you. Please come inside. Gehehehe."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    Neiag & Clora - Neiag's Web then Challenge Mountains

"It's not far away. You just need to take step outside the world." Neiag leads Clora into his realm, the gigantic web existing on another plane. "and then steb right in."He says, bringing them back into the Challenge mountain, before his creation has a chance to see more than he would like to. And once they are in the mountains, he proclaims loudly "My family! Mighty Tiamat, Glorious Israken and majestic Isino! I'm calling for you, there is someone whom you need to meet."
    Answering her brother's call, Tiamat lands on the Challenge Mountains "Why have you summoned me?" the Queen of Dragons is rather irritated from being called from one place to another. "Our enemies are on the move, and so I too must prepare for the inevitable."

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Hagatha, Matron Mother Elev Nosh - The Dark Grove DMZ

"Hmph." Hagatha replied as she looked out towards Neutral Ground. The Ents stood there in places, stoic guardians, it was amusing to her that they couldn't cover every place. Mortals could still leave and enter her grove. "I am the Walking Divinity, am I? It's all up to me? Oh, how I enjoy the desperation in your voice." She said cruelly. "Maybe you should beg me further? I do enjoy seeing those so haughty brought low."

"So maybe I will go and teach these Ur-Priests the meaning of true suffering- but solely for my own.. amusements."
    Matron Nosh nods in agreement, and releases the Goddess from the Time Stop vanishing at the same time.

The Visionary, The Visionary

The city streets of the first city echoed with supernatural construction, towers burst forward and factories moved. The city expanded in it's smog, it was now joined by a second city Neutral Ground. Moving to point one cannon at the newcomer, but keeping the main cannon array pointed at Zalasram, as always.

Spoiler
    Show
    0 = 9 - 9 (Gain 3 DR, now DR 9)

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

Cho'zak seemed prepared to enter, but paused a moment before going in, praying in a hushed tone "Great one, deliver us through this place, aid us in growing our numbers, and protect us from those who would harm your directives." Cho'zak then stepped forwards into the dark forest, the other zombies following. "Perhaps we can come to an agreement of some kind."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

"The bones of those fleshlings fallen and buried here are yours. But my people leave no such things. The dryads of the forest have no bones, for their substance is that of the earth and the trees. But the elves who live among these woods have many generations of fallen among them. Their souls are gone, and their bodies are yours to use for your people. Long ago one now gone spoke of a cycle, a cycle of life and death and rebirth. We honor that cycle." Ironbark looks at the creature in front of him, waiting for the response.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Orc in the Playground

Vek'nul & Ironbark - Forest (Demiourgia)

"You are thanked for your permission." Vek'nul began to prepare to search out the fallen elves, but paused, and then spoke. "You speak of a cycle, life & death... and also rebirth. I do not understand how this could have made sense until we arrived. What returns after death other than my kind?" Vek'nul's hollow sockets were faced towards the speaking tree.

This did not make sense. To be reborn, to return to the position of life - it was incomprehensible that something other than the arisen could be capable of returning to life once truly dead. Could this have been a prediction? Or was there another meaning? Vek'nul would need the answer. Life and death were an incomplete cycle, but under the Unliving's guidance they were working to solve that problem - by restoring the living to their brief lives when they died early, and utilizing the corpses of the dead as vessels for aiding the living, this was certainly the only way that balance could be achieved with death. For in death, the something leaves the body - While it is said that the undead do not feel, Vek'nul could feel this. Only this. Vek'nul could feel that something was missing in him that was observable - in the trees, the dryads, all of them had something that his kind lacked - something that death must have been hoarding.
    Last edited by smashingBrawler; 2015-03-05 at 03:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

Vek'nul & Ironbark - Forest (Demiourgia)

You misunderstand me. We do not return from the Darkness Beyond. But our deaths are not final. We die, and nourish the land, which in turn grows our children. In this way we are reborn through those that follow after. All of nature is a balance of this cycle, it is only the races of flesh that defile it. They seek to shatter it by taking more than is needed, their greed destroying lives without rebirth. This is what we preserve. The cycle that makes our lives meaningful, that ensures that we will ever grow and live and drink deeply of all the world can offer.

Our souls do not return from the Endless Forest. That is anathema, and would break the nature of the cycle. Once they pass beyond, they do not return.

It was strange for Ironbark to speak with this creature who was clearly not of flesh and blood, did not consume like the others, yet knew nothing of the Endless Forest and the nature of death. Yet he had hope, for if this race could learn, perhaps the world could be shared with some others. Peace could be attained. Perfection, realized.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The Cosmic Mother, the Void

The Cosmic Mother continued her blissful slumber within the deepest reaches of the Void, for she had yet to fully recover from the wounds she had received from Zalsaram during the dawn of time. But this day, something causes the Elder god to stir in her sleep as a foreign object... this... Moon, is created between her eyes and the playground. Yet for one as massive as the Cosmic Mother, the Moon may have been little else but a grain of dust in caught her eye. A minor nuisance and nothing more. The stars realign themselves as the Second stirs for but a moment, before sleeping once more.

Spoiler
    Show

AP3 (Raise DR to 10)
    Actions done: Gained Sun Domain (3) Gained Seasons Portfolio (2)
    Last edited by Shmee; 2015-03-05 at 01:47 AM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshine View Post
    Trenco, On the Road

Well. That wasn’t quite what he was expected. He gazed sidelong at the masked figure. “Breathe? I’ve got to breathe to sing, to speak, to live. What do you mean, as I do?”
    Voice, On the Road

"The first one." He said, plainly. "Most creatures breathe either steadily to live, pause briefly to to carry out some other necessary function, such as speaking or swallowing, or else suffer some sort of involuntary condition that forces them to do otherwise, sobbing, laughing, screaming. You, and a few others I've seen, seem to strain your breathing completely voluntarily. I'm curious to know why."

Yusri, Journey's End

Yusri sighed with relief. It had taken him ages, but he had finally finished what he had been working on for all this time. He stared at parchments, a satisfied smile crossing his lips, so sure was he that this system would be the best possible for his people, allowing them growth, safety, and most importantly, stability. Over his daily meal, he discussed his plans in full with Passaer whom, over time, Yusri has become comfortable enough to speak with as if with a close friend, even if it did unnerve other people on occasion when he suddenly started having a casual conversation with thin air.

"So summarize it for me again, just so I'm sure I'm clear."

"The basic idea, is a ruling class of people, made up of the descendants of those that distinguished themselves during the Journey. They'll be separated into families and given control of a single ministry, which will oversee a particular portion of government that the controlling family shows aptitude in. The Ministries themselves, meanwhile, will be staffed by people from all different professions and backgrounds, with rank withing the ministry being based on merit. Thus, all people's will have representatives in government, with the best being higher up in the chain, and all of it being overseen by a collection of advisors given the very best breeding, education, and training in their particular field."

"Hmm...I like it, but there are some points I'd like to make. For starters, I assume you'll settle any disputes that come up between the families or ministries?"

"Oh, no no. To be honest, I'm didn't expect to still be in this position. I thought once we arrived here things would sort of...sort themselves out. That didn't end up happening, of course. It's the whole reason for this system. Instead, each family will elect from within themselves a Magistrate, which will have absolute authority over any matters within their own family or their governing ministry. Each of these Magistrates will choose amongst themselves a Grand Magistrate, who will settle any disputes between the families or ministries."

"And if they all vote for themselves?"

"Any stalemates will be settled by you in whatever manner you so choose. I assume you can handle that?" Yusri replied, jokingly.

"Heh, I think that will be doable. What of my clergy?"

"They will be incorporated into one of the ministries and will still be in charge of all matters spiritual or magical. They, after all, are not you and thus should not speak for you unless you speak to them, correct?"

"Agreed. There is one final tweak I'd like to make...these noble families, it seems to me that there's not much to distinguish them from the ministers, bureaucrats, and common workers. As the paragons of their particular specialties, I believe there should be something to elevate them, no?"

"I...suppose."

"Good. Announce your plan to the people and gather those you intend to elevate. I'll arrange for something to meet you there."

Yusri was perplexed by his unusual vagueness, but did as he asked. Passaer meanwhile asserted himself into a particular direction in the void with purpose, his alien mouth curved up into as much of a smile as it could muster.

Yusri's plan was a disaster waiting to happen, and Passaer could not be more giddy with anticipation.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 4 - 1 = 3: Create Concept: Nobility: Fighter and Samurai classes created

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Kethneciel watched the Underplayground as the Obsidian Empire grew in power and their laws grew more labyrinthine. He was unconcerned about what was happening in the Playground above; whatever happened, Law would persist. And with it, Punishment.

So Kethneciel watched, and grew in power.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    5 AP

-2 AP: Gain Portfolio (Punishment)
    -3 AP: Gain Domain (Inquisition). Actions: Create Artifact: Executioner's Axe (3 AP); Create Race: Inevitables (2 AP).

0 AP remaining.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

Rix Maadi Trainlines, Remains of Neutral Ground
    The hustle and bustle of building and expanding the complex network of gramarie and ethanol powered engines passed in a dozen blinks of Grenzo's eyes. Yet even then He paid attention when the main hub suddenly broke free from the body that was the Playground. Several Aram and the original train that had been created found themselves now separated from their brethren below, panic quickly being quelled as pumps were fitted to refuel those trains that had previously demanded the never-ending firewater from His cauldron.

More pressing was the sudden departure of the lightning line's main hub. It was in that instance that Grenzo whispered to His faithful Artaka of a new means to use His holiest of liquids. In the span of a week buildings were erected, ethanol pumped directly into vast engines that burned it to turn turbines, in turn creating electricity, in turn powering the lightning lines and the rowdy engines within. Yet this wasn't enough for Grenzo, who desired a means for His faithful and any who desired to reach the new moon.

With a peek at the land below and a mischievous grin, He saw the secret to giving His engines the power needed to break free of the accursed Playground and move beyond where even His dragons struggled to reach. Deep within the Dark Grove He spied a mixture that exploded when heated, made of the products there. Yet He knew that His disciples wouldn't wait for such an event to transpire. So He gifted upon the Aram that still called Dor'Kala home a gel that was similar to that found within the forests. Several explosions later and the Aram found that they could fire missiles of iron at great speed. It was only a short step before the first Aram's strapped themselves inside and began to fire themselves at the general direction of the new moon, slowly getting closer with each passing week as the formula was perfected and experiments were done to further their reach and speed.
    Spoiler: AP
    Show
    5 AP remaining
    4= 5 – 1: Teach Populace “Power Plants” (With great engines and new found resources, the Rix Maadi construct the first ethanol powered factories who sole purpose is to convert the liquid into electricity. It may not be as effective as magic but it helps keep the trains running without the main hub!)
    3= 4 – 1: Teach Populace “Rockets” (Building upon the stolen knowledge of Salt Rocks and cranking it up to 11, mixing it with the holy ethanol, and no small part of fire has caused the first rockets to be created. Currently they are little better than V1s but the need for Bigger and Faster is steadily driving it to V2 territory)

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ettin in the Playground

Aram, Glowing Skeletons, Yueh, Kli, Remains of Neutral Ground

Captain Yueh of the Blessed Luck was most days a lucky fellow. On an average day his luck was certainly beyond the average. On a great day his luck was the greatest. Even in subpar days he could still be considered lucky. That day wasn't great, nor average, not even subpar. That day was dreadful. As the Blessed Luck almost reached port the port itself flew away.

Head engineer Kli didn't believe in luck. Proper planing and preparation she always said. That's true magic. She had been afar from the city for two days, only two bloody days, finishing the construction and design of the train connection between Candle Town and Neutral Ground. She had, in a moment of worthless sentimentalism climbed atop the light house that gave name to the city and observed Neutral Ground on the distance. That was to be the last time she saw her town. In the six seconds it took the lightning train to cross the distance between the two points Neutral Ground wasn't there.

What was there was a hole. A perfectly well cut hole. It wasn't empty. Water had flown from Mezethera into it and it was now a bay. Surrounding it there were the outskirts of Neutral Ground. It had been a big metropolis and some had been lucky or unlucky enough to be left behind. This people had welcomed the Glowing Skeletons with a shrug of their shoulders and started the arduous task of rebuilding. Neutral Grounders were task oriented and focused above all else. Some fished trees with long ropes and hooks, there were trees floating in the water and in the air above. Others moved through the rubble searching for anyone who might need assistance or perhaps anything worth looting. A small group started to drink from Mezethera and closed their eyes submerging into the deep dream that would join them with the city so far atop the clouds. Others started scribling arcane diagrams and gramaric formulas.

That was the situation that the Orphaned King ship captain and the Head Engineer found when they arrived to the city. Each of them started to make an effort trying to direct the people around them to work. While they were united in their illfortune and their knack for leadership they were at odds with priorities. One wanted to first to ensure the safety of those left behind the other wanted to reach those that had departed.

Two groups formed around them two groups that almost came to odds only stopping when the reeds started to howl. Across the lake a mirage formed a perfect illusion of a dragon made of earth, metal and jewels. His scales were topped with trees brimming with fruit. His voice seemed to spring from all the reeds. An all familiar image and an all familiar sound. Eucle, or an illusion of his, was speaking to his followers from beyond the Playground.

"Citizens of Neutral Ground worry not. Connections to the ground will be made momentarily. I apologize for the waiting and I'm truly sorry if any of you got separated from kin. To those on the ground keep calm and carry on, we are coming for you. To those on the city would you kindly relocate to safe dreaming areas, don't stand outside unless you've got an Indigo security clearance."

The message started to loop.

The Keymaster, Oxid, Zahav Zalal, Eucle, Yhrzallus - Dream Neutral Ground, The Moon

As the ground started to shake, being yanked from under their feet Eucle moved. Fast. His calmed static pose flowed into swiftness. He yanked one of his hands pressing it against the screen with force. The image readjusted as he went through it and started tampering with the data rich information cables behind.

"Oxid. To the council room. Now. Implement all safety protocols. Divert power from wherever it's necessary."

The Wealth Dragon extended his wings and raised flight. He had taken turns, lefts and rights, ups and downs, to reach the point they were now. This time though he just moved in a straight line. The city itself appearing to fold as Eucle's chosen delivered his will. Outside as Neutral Ground leaves the ground the city changes too.

"Plans take time and preparation Yhrzallus! Next time make sure all the citizens are in and that the city can wistand the void before doing something like this."

Despite his words the wealth god sounds almost excited. Perhaps he hasn't had as much time as he wanted to implement it but there was a plan in place. As the city ascends a stony webing starts surrounding the trees. Black, red, orange and purple coral starts to shape around Neutral Ground enclosing it.

Such colorful display takes power and lightning starts to fail within the Dream room of Neutral Ground.
    Unconcerned Eucle extends his free hand. As he does a reed springs from the wall forming from the tree itself. He takes it within his hand and starts speaking.

"Citizens of Neutral Ground worry not. Connections to the ground will be made momentarily. I apologize for the waiting and I'm truly sorry if any of you got separated from kin. To those on the ground keep calm and carry on, we are coming for you. To those on the city would you kindly relocate to safe dreaming areas, don't stand outside unless you've got an Indigo security clearance."

Imachinary indicators start to form around the wealth god, oxygen level, temperature, power and coverage start to display complex numbers and percentages that only a God of Accounting can process at such blinking speed. When Neutral Ground finally reaches the Void and a Bismuth Moon starts to form under it the indicators are stable. All seem to be within acceptable parameters for the God sighs relieved.

"Master, there are two problems." Oxid voice sounds distant. "We've got you-know-what staring at us."

"Guns?"

"Guns"

"Divert as much power to the engines as possible within reasonable parameters. Wait. Get some engines. We will need some orthogonal engines in the four cardinals and ascending engines at the bottom. Magic can work too... Wait. You know that. Don't you."

"Yes. Might I make a suggestion?"

"Sure."

"Send the one responsible as a diplomat. It won't hurt more."

"Good. The other problem?"

"Nothing bad, we've got some non dreaming visitors on board. I'll deal with it."

"Good. Keep calm and carry on."

Eucle then turns at Yhrzalus making sure that the reed is far enough not to catch his voice.

"Problem one of being here. Mortals can't survive on the void. I dealt with that one. Problem two of being here. Other things can and might be territorial. You deal with that one. I suggest diplomacy."

The wealth god smirks.

Gurgle-Gurgle, Ôl , Bogwarts Tribe, Gardners - The Dark Grove

Ôl simply nods in thorn silence. He is composed but not really good at hiding his unease. He kneels between the waking woman and exchanges some words in their own tongue before realizing that there are other listeners and switching to a more common tongue.

"Keep calm and carry on. Please explain what happened."

The woman shudders there is still some spit running from her jaw and there are wet tears in her checks. Her voice sounds raspy and tired.

"We were in the city. Across the streets. The dream was like a stallion hard to tame. We were drunk and debauched in the dream. Mischievious perhaps. We hoisted a petard at the bathing rooms. We thought it was funny. Then everything started to rumble and we were scared. We ran. And ran did we to the edge of the city where the Dream is less thick and we could wake easier. But this time the edge was being torn. The ground was cut under our feet. The city and the dream went up and up. We could have jumped we knew that it was just a dream. But it was a deep dream. We weren't sure. We just standed there in fear. Waiting for waking. Waiting while seeing the ground move far. We heard his voice. His voice across the city. He said to keep calm and carry on and we were better. Then we woke."

Ôl nods seriously and caresses the woman's back, comforting her and hugging her against his chest. For a moment her sobbing is all that they can hear. Then the elder elf hushes her. He reaches for the warm pot of bitterbrew and gives it to the woman who drinks it slowly enjoying the warmness. The elf looks at Gurgle - Gurgle and his people dubiously.

"Our home was just plucked from the ground like a flower. They've seen it on their dreams. We don't know why. We don't know if our kin are safe. We do have means of reaching it. But we will require permission. As friendship we gift tree."

One of the elves suddenly starts moving as if he was lost in thought. He reaches for a backpack and produces a sprout. The plant's bark is white as bone and the leaves are multicolored in shades like the ones in Gurgle - Gurgle's new bandana. The elf puts it on the ground and waters it while chanting a spell. The tree grows in heartbeats taking full form and providing shade.

"This tree always sleeps. Always dreams. Of our home. We can ask for passage. Walk the dreams and go home. We will with permission. Do you wish to accompany us? Up to eight might come."

Ôl stands touching the tree and extending a hand to Gurgle - Gurgle. Whatever the bogwart does the elf will cast dream walk.

Glowing Skeletons, Oxid, Ôl, Gurgle-Gurgle? - Dream Neutral Ground

Ôl appears at what was the council room. The room used to be quiet Neutral Ground not a place given to noise. It was noisy now. Oxid stood at a high stadium looking at those below work. Council members of all races and creeds were on the room, some were real while some others were just imachinary.

"Power restored to section A4 and A6, A5 is still in the dark."
    "Breach in hull section K8. Thickening coral reef. Estimated time four minutes."
    "Do we have an estimate on the ygg gates?"
    "Dreaming population up to 70% increasing steadily."
    "Ygg gates on the way. Forty minutes."
    "Ortogonal movement enabled. Speed five feet. We need more power!"

The wealth dragon looks at the newcomer and flies towards them followed by the four glowing skeletons.

"Ôl, you weren't supposed to be on the city. Where do you come from?"

"Outside. Through the trees dream."

"What was the situation like?"

"Peaceful. No hostiles."

"Good. Normally it's my duty but I can't leave the council room. Would you kindly show the city to this honoured guests? They appear unable to dream but they seem willing to help with healing."

"Certainly. Alright gentlemen" The elf turns to the skeletons and bogwarts provided they followed him. "Welcome to Neutral Ground the city isn't normally like this but if you want to visit it and perhaps help now it's the best time in the dream."
    Last edited by thethird; 2015-03-05 at 01:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Orc in the Playground

Passaer, The Void

Passear swam through the void with gusto. He had noticed something much ealier that he had previously paid no mind to, but now he had need of it. He flew uncomfortably close past a chunk of Zalsaram rock that hadn't been there the last time he'd past by. Wait, was that...were there mortals on that rock? Interesting, but it would have to wait. He continued past and...ah...there.

There, floating there, nearly imperceptible, was a small cloud of gas, lightly glistening in the light of the suns. The last gasp of a fading god, floating up slowly from the material world below. He didn't know who or what the nature of the god they had come from was, but it mattered little. Mortals imbued with even a tiny fraction of a god's power would likely suffer all sorts of issues, and if their new powers happened to turn them into brutal tyrants well...all the better. Besides that, Passaer was honestly simply curious to see what would result. With a mighty inhale, Passaer sucked the essence into himself. He churned his guts, manipulating the cloud through his gullet and into the Lungut. From there, he continued to direct it through the systems of many creatures, until it finally reached the particular desired one. Then, he sent a message to Yusri:

"There is a flying whale near the Black Glass Tower. Capture it, and tell your paragons to enter inside."

Yusri, Journey's End

Perplexed, Yusri did as Passaer commanded. He was truthfully a bit annoyed by being told to do something without being told the purpose, but it had all worked out so far. The capturing of the beast was not difficult. Ever since the Journey these creatures, Fei Jing they had come to call them, had been something of a nuisance. They had a tendency of flying dangerously close to Black Glass tower or other structures, and also seemed to have a habit of swallowing unsuspecting fishing boats. As such, they had developed an elaborate system of harpoons, ropes, pulleys, and nets designed to pull the creatures over and down to a specially cleared area where they could be safely finished off.

In this case, however, all that was needed was to bring it down to ground level. Once done, Yusri did as Passaer had asked, and after forcing to mouth of the behemoth open, the chosen families were ushered inside. Once inside, the godly spark did it's work, spreading through the congregation and infusing within them. The essence had been that of a moon god, a child of the long gone Shepard, who himself had been a normal animal before ascension. That beastial spirit awakened within them, granting them power, but also the instincts of feral beasts. Some, following the laws of restraint and control ingrained into them at a young age, were able to withstand these new urges. Others, however, gave in. They transformed into monstrous, feral creatures, tearing and gnashing at themselves, the ground, walls, even their own family members.

The remainder of the moon god's breath seeped into the layer of the Lungut, and through it into the Fei Jing itself. The new energy gave the beast renewed strength, allowing it to break free of it's bindings, expunging the foreign elements from itself as it did so, flying away into the horizon. The new creatures that had once been human were quickly restrained or killed, and the remainder were ushered away, their mental and physical wounds tended to. None that had entered the Lungut that blink emerged the same, however. No longer human, with new thoughts, smells, feelings, all of which associated to them with the slaughter they had experienced, they hid them away, but could not completely deny their new nature. They would now have to deal with not only their new qualities, but also their new station, as despite the carnage the plan had not changed. They were now nobility, elevated and separated from the others in many more ways than one.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 3 + 5 = 8: Rollover

AP 8 - 2 = 6 Create Populace: Hengeyokai
    Last edited by Alber; 2015-03-15 at 03:21 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy