New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Cell of Aeroste

The witch smiles. "If you can, That would even be better."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Oh come on I'm optimising so that I can be a truenamer who largely hits things with a stick.
    The views of my PbP characters cannot be assumed, in any way, to reflect upon mine.
    Will be gone with low/no Internet access from 10/17 to 10/26.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

The human who previously was a halfling will ask random peasants where to find a priest. If they point him towards the inn he'll ask if they know any other priests in case the ones in the inn have left.

3. - Top - End - #213

The peasants describe how to get to the town the king resides in, and tell you that the bartender and half-orc were the only priests here.
    Oh come on I'm optimising so that I can be a truenamer who largely hits things with a stick.
    The views of my PbP characters cannot be assumed, in any way, to reflect upon mine.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Suppose I overestimated the importance of the church he thinks. He'll do some shopping and then travel to the kings city. He'll dtrap the dead guard to the back of the horse he plans to buy.

Spoiler
    Show
    buying a sap and a horse. Also a container for the glaive.

5. - Top - End - #215

Bast pushes the door to the pub open and shouts "Vampire. Halfling. Are you still in there? I wish to speak with you, I am Bast one of those who woke up in the cell with you."

He then walks into the bar room and waits a short while.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Savus appears from upstairs, descending to the ground floor while still using the appearence of the Bartender.

"Curses! Are you yet another ally of that wretched Vampire?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Disguise Check, opposed by Spot.
    Disguise (1d20+20)[31]

7. - Top - End - #217

Not noticing Savus' disguise Bast greets the barman.

"Hail friend, I am no ally of the vampire filth. I was brought to this world in a small group of which he was a part and I am simply tracking him down to speak with him and find out if he knows why we were brought here. Have you encountered him? Or a halfling who might have been accompanying him?"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Oh, I have encountered him indeed. That wretched undead destroyed my weapon and killed a friend of mine. Rest his soul." Now at the foot of the stairs, Savus sighed to feign sorrow.

"He had the audacity to assume my late Half-Orc friend's form and attempt to deceive me, but I overpowered him and the Halfling siding with him before forcing them both to run off. I don't know if they intend to return, but I suspect they will still be disguised if they do; the Vampire will still be in my friend's form, and I saw the Halfling turn into a human as he escaped. I must assure you, these individuals represent great danger to the entire settlement. You must assist me in restraining them."

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+29)[30] to fool you into thinking that the Vampire fled and the Bartender remains in the inn, as opposed to the alternative which is true.

9. - Top - End - #219

"I am sorry for your loss good sir. I will assist you in restraining the vampire and halfling." Bast says before turning and opening the door again and speaking with Anina.

"Come in Anina it seems the vampire has left the inn already, the only person in here is the bartender."

10. - Top - End - #220

"Oh, probably," says the witch, "but I prefer precaution." She dispels Savus' disguise.

OOC: Sorry about disappearing on you; I checked in my subscriptions once, but didn't have time to post, then forgot I didn't post.

11. - Top - End - #221

"Hmm, it seems you are not who you claimed to be and are in fact the vampire I am seeking. I wish to speak with you, have you any idea why you were placed in that cell or who our captors were?" Bast says calmly. He tenses slightly however ready to spring into action should the vampire attack him.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Savus raised an eyebrow as his disguise was ruined, keeping his cool.

"Hmm, you got me," he said to the witch. "Apologies. My kind aren't treated very well in this place." Then he looked to the fellow newcomer to this realm.

"I have no idea. I've tried my best to befriend the locals, but a lot of them have an unfortunate attack-on-sight policy for me." He looked again to the witch, some fake form of despair in his dead eyes.

"You wouldn't do such a thing to me, I'm sure?"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    More Bluff, if I need it.

(1d20+29)[41]

13. - Top - End - #223

"No idea?" Bast sighs. "I expected as much but thought I might as well ask. Still it would be a shame for our imprisonment to result in your death which I assure you Anina here will accomplish if you continue trying to take over this village."

Bast moves to one of the tables and drinks from a half empty tankard of beer. "Perhaps we could travel elsewhere in this world and you could find somewhere less sun worshipping to settle down? Also have you any idea where the halfling got to?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well, they seemed peaceful enough. Savus really saw no reason to lie.

"Well, alright, I suppose I could lay off on the taking over. As for the Halfling, he left this place disguised as a Human. Who knows where he could be now."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Meanwhile a halfling is whissling a tune, happily on his way to the kings city.

16. - Top - End - #226

"Now, where is Sorrla?" shouts the witch at Savus.

Sonder: You arrive in the king's city. It appears to have five districts: a peasant's quarter, a noble's quarter, a church's quarter, a market quarter, and a guest's quarter. On the other side of all the districts is a castle.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"No reason to raise your voice, ma'am," Savus returned in a calmly arrogant tone.

"You see, I have no idea what that is."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

The halfling rides(in his natural shape) through the city to the church quarter's with a dead and probably stinky man lying on the horse behind him. He'll ask a random citizen, preferably someone looking like a priest, I need someone to allow me to ask this fellow some questions, where can I find one with those abilities?

19. - Top - End - #229

Savus: "The man you killed. Leave, so I may grieve for my friend without an actor!

Sonder: No men are on the priest quarter streets, just churches.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"If you insist. Oh, but don't touch the first door on the left upstairs. That's my room now. I'll pay rent in whatever coinage you fellows have."

Savus whistled as he strolled outside, still in the Bartender's form. He was confident, even if he ran into the man he was copying, that he could convince anyone nearby that he was the real priest.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Well, I've got a minute to move or I'll disintegrate under the sun. Of the buildings around, how many look like they are publicly open? Roughly what do they look like?
    Last edited by manwithaplan; 2015-02-28 at 12:46 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231

You find the only open place besides the inn is the store. All else is the inn, the witch's hut, and residential homes.

22. - Top - End - #232

Throm: You can act around the mountains now. They show no sign of life besides a few insentient animals.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Throm begins to walk the edge of the foothills and forests, looking for anything out of place. He watches for the dangerous beasts apparently threatening the villages nearby. He watches for anything unnatural that may be influencing the poor animals. He looks for Grolpin.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Survival Check, looking for indications of tracks from dangerous animals, indications of some sort of unnatural something that may be stirring them up, and looking for Grolpin.

(1d20+24)[38]

24. - Top - End - #234

The animals nearby are mostly wolves and sheep.

You get a strong feeling Grolpin is on Aeroste, but not near these mountains.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Throm heads deeper into the hills, looking for a place to stay.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Looking for a cave or hollow or something of that sort. I'm going to try to get a new animal companion until I can find Grolpin. I'll be using Survival to feed myself (can't fail the check).

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Savus goes to the store and steps in, having a look at his surroundings before doing anything else.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

The halfling ties his horse outside and enters one of the churches. He'll ask for someone to cast speak with the dead.

28. - Top - End - #238

Throm- You find a good cave to rest in. You find no valid animal companions before resting except wolves.

Savus- A man runs the otherwise empty shop, with a few cheap items up front, but most kept in storage in a back room.

Sonder- Pick a church.

The biggest is that of Solas, but Faris, god of travel, Lones, god of the moon, and Telzas, god of magic have midsized temple. The gods of light, theft, control, choice, and escape all have small temples.
    Last edited by copycatcat; 2015-03-04 at 09:09 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

The halfling enters the god of the moon's temple.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2015-03-03 at 04:51 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

"Who wishes for the blessings of Lones, god of the moon?"