New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 180: Turn 360 Degrees And Moonwalk Away

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Eagle View Post
    Entrance

A green-haired and green-eyed buxom elf appears in the base. Seeing the title (HALO) and the acronym meaning made her interested in this establishment.

How on earth would an establishment be both Heroic and Lawbreaking? What kinds of laws are they breaking? For their sakes, she hoped it wasn't the cop kind. "I'm glad I came armed to the teeth." She says to no one in particular.

Sure, people would question her methods, but such people's families have learnt not to question a lawbringer doing her job. After all, she's a good person, therefore her every action is good, no matter how violent.

Morticia is so lost in thought she doesn't see Civvy coming... until she almost bumps into Civvy, that is.
    Entrance

Well, Civvy came barreling around the corner, as is her usual. Slipping and sliding on her socks, barely staying upright in her speedy enthusiasm to meet the new people.

"Hey and welcome to HAL-oooooh did you know you're green?" Not that, you know, she has any right to speak at all about that.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

"I'm aware of that, yes. Much like I'm aware of the fact that you're pink-themed. Howdy." Morticia says, an eyebrow raised. "Tell me: what is this place? I noticed the sign says Lawbreaking. What's up with that?" Morticia looks around with a critical eye, a hand on her hip. Near the whip.

3. - Top - End - #33

Entrance

"I'm aware of that, yes. Much like I'm aware of the fact that you're pink-themed. Howdy." Morticia says, an eyebrow raised. "Tell me: what is this place? I noticed the sign says Lawbreaking. What's up with that?" Morticia looks around with a critical eye, a hand on her hip. Near the whip.
    [Entrace]

"We what now?" Civvy asks, her extreme confusion evident on her face."Ooooh. Ohohoh! I see!" She exclaims, a bright happy smile taking the place of the confusion as she realizes what's going on. "It's not Lawbreaking. It's Anti-Lawbreaking. Anti-Evil and Anti-Lawbreaking, just that the second Anti- is implied. Huh. You're right. I never thought about that before."
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

((Civvy seems similar to one of my characters in attitude (Navi Felicity). They need to meet!))

Morticia nods as her hands fall away from the whip. "That's a relief. I'm a Lawbringer, you see." She leans closer to Civvy, examining her. "Cute girl. Too much pink, though. I don't like pink." She says pointedly, then steps back, removing her hat and twirling it on her right index finger.

"So, tell me about this establishment."
    Last edited by Cyber Punk; 2015-02-11 at 04:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

Entrance

((Civvy seems similar to one of my characters in attitude (Navi Felicity). They need to meet!))

Morticia nods as her hands fall away from the whip. "That's a relief. I'm a Lawbringer, you see." She leans closer to Civvy, examining her. "Cute girl. Too much pink, though. I don't like pink." She says pointedly, then steps back, removing her hat and twirling it on her right index finger.

"So, tell me about this establishment."
    [Entrance]

((At some point, they should! That would be really fun!))

"Ooooh, are yo-" Civvy starts to ask, before the devastating news hits. "Y-Y-You don't l-like pink? A-Are you okay?" Because anyone who doesn't like pink is probably just feeling a bit under the weather, far as Civvy thinks.

Description time, as Civvy leans back a bit from the examination. She looks much like the picture, though her hair might be a bit longer. Aside from looks, should Morticia be able to tell, she appears to just be a plain boring human. Maybe some minor tracing of clerical abilities, but that's about it.

"R-Right. Anyway. HALO." Civvy never stutters much! She's just still so taken aback. "Um. We live under the sea. We're not in a pineapple. We were recently in a sort of Acro-Merger that is over now -- don't ask me, I don't know anything more than that --, and stuff is still kind of in a tizzy.

Tizzy's a fun word. It's like Tea and Dizzy. Have you ever had tea that makes you dizzy?"
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

((Well, come to Trog's then!))

Morticia raises an eyebrow, frowning. "No, I don't. It's a dumb color." Civvy might not take that very well, but hey, she asked.

Crap. This one doesn't know much, it seems. "Don't change the subject. So, an acro-merger. I sure hope you aren't lying to me, for your sake." Morticia narrows her eyebrows as she unsheathes a gun and casually spins the cylinders. The girl doesn't seem to know much, but Morticia figures she should scare the girl straight, just in case. The path of good requires good people like her to occasionally commit heinous deeds, only they're not heinous since she's the one doing them. For the sake of good.

"So, love..." Morticia caresses Civvy's cheeks. "Make sure you're not lying."

((I'm enjoying this way more than I should. But then, my first evil character!))

7. - Top - End - #37

Entrance

((Well, come to Trog's then!))

Morticia raises an eyebrow, frowning. "No, I don't. It's a dumb color." Civvy might not take that very well, but hey, she asked.

Crap. This one doesn't know much, it seems. "Don't change the subject. So, an acro-merger. I sure hope you aren't lying to me, for your sake." Morticia narrows her eyebrows as she unsheathes a gun and casually spins the cylinders. The girl doesn't seem to know much, but Morticia figures she should scare the girl straight, just in case. The path of good requires good people like her to occasionally commit heinous deeds, only they're not heinous since she's the one doing them. For the sake of good.

"So, love..." Morticia caresses Civvy's cheeks. "Make sure you're not lying."

((I'm enjoying this way more than I should. But then, my first evil character!))
    [Entrance]

((Civvy's pretty much tied to HALO. She doesn't get out much, sorry to say. :/ ))

Civvy ends up spending a few more moments sputtering random, nonsensical syllables due to the horrible insults leveled at her favorite color.

And then the gun comes out and the threats are made! "Ooooh. That's shiny. Is that one of those gun thingies?" And then her cheek is caressed! And Civvy blushes slightly, not being used to anyone really touching her aside from the hugs she gives basically everyone. "Why do you think I would lie? I don't lie!" Civvy objects, frowning slightly.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

((Aww... that sucks! Unless... Felicity comes to HALO at some point in time... But then you said she doesn't get out much, not never ))

Too innocent to scare. Hmm...

Morticia sheathes her gun. "That's good, you don't lie. I hate liars. Good thing too, you're a cute one, aside from the pink overload." Morticia continues caressing her cheek, almost tenderly. "Wouldn't want to ruin your cuteness now, would we, dearie?" She plants a kiss on Civvy's cheek.

9. - Top - End - #39

((Aww... that sucks! Unless... Felicity comes to HALO at some point in time... But then you said she doesn't get out much, not never ))

Too innocent to scare. Hmm...

Morticia sheathes her gun. "That's good, you don't lie. I hate liars. Good thing too, you're a cute one, aside from the pink overload." Morticia continues caressing her cheek, almost tenderly. "Wouldn't want to ruin your cuteness now, would we, dearie?" She plants a kiss on Civvy's cheek.
    ((Odds are good she'll never make it to Trog's.))

"Iiiiii don't like liars either. What brings you by HALO?" Civvy asks, leaning back at the knees to avoid the kiss. The end bend-backwards result is pretty funny. "Why would you want to make me not cute?" She aske, truly worried looking.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

[Entrance]

((Awww...))

"Don't worry about it, little one." Morticia says, frowning at not being allowed to kiss Civvy's cheek. She pulls back and looks at Civvy a moment, the frown never leaving her face.

"Anyway, I came to investigate this premises. I'm a lawbringer, and when situations permit it, a deathbringer. You would be surprised how much killing I have to do for the sake of justice." Morticia says proudly. For a second, she appears like some sort of paragon of justice. If only you knew...

"Who else is around?"

(Arkhosia's char, Sophia, would be joining in soon.)

11. - Top - End - #41

[Entrance]

((Awww...))

"Don't worry about it, little one." Morticia says, frowning at not being allowed to kiss Civvy's cheek. She pulls back and looks at Civvy a moment, the frown never leaving her face.

"Anyway, I came to investigate this premises. I'm a lawbringer, and when situations permit it, a deathbringer. You would be surprised how much killing I have to do for the sake of justice." Morticia says proudly. For a second, she appears like some sort of paragon of justice. If only you knew...

"Who else is around?"

(Arkhosia's char, Sophia, would be joining in soon.)
    [Entrance]

The look shows a straightening Civvy, who is still downright adorable.

"I would probably be surprised," Civvy says, somewhat warily, "But I do know a lot of other people.

Uhhh. I think Toby-iiiias. Tobias is definitely around. So are a few others. But I think we're pretty quiet right now."

((Now we wait for Ark!))
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lawbringer of antipink

Sophia Godlark happens to round the corner!
    This is a woman who looks quite the combatant, her form a far cry from the curvy form of most around here. Her fair skinned (more on that part on a bit) physique is a lean, muscular one of tip top shape, one of a soldier in duty. Clad in a deep red officer's trench coat, Sophia wears below a uniform of white skinny jean-like leggings and a pale yellow sweater, a full body harness of deep brown adorned above them and under knee-high brown combat boots. A hot pink scarf shrouds this azure-irised paladin, her brown-red hair cut in a chin-length,Book 4 Korra style hairdo. Her 3d maneuver gear, worn with use, hangs upon her waist.
    She merely is passing, waving amicably to Civvy. She looks to be more likely to give out info for sure though.
    Hello Civvy. New member?
    The woman asks upon nearing.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2015-02-12 at 09:01 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

((Looks like someone watches/reads Attack Of The Titan. Go Team Titan!))

"Not a prospective member." The green-eyed elf replies. [COLOR="#DAA520"]"Just one who's wishes to know what HALO is. Howdy, lady. I am Morticia Llyanne Vasquez."[/COLOR

She turns to Civvy. "What kind of a name is Civvy? Sounds made-up."

14. - Top - End - #44

Entrance

((Looks like someone watches/reads Attack Of The Titan. Go Team Titan!))

"Not a prospective member." The green-eyed elf replies. [COLOR="#DAA520"]"Just one who's wishes to know what HALO is. Howdy, lady. I am Morticia Llyanne Vasquez."[/COLOR

She turns to Civvy. "What kind of a name is Civvy? Sounds made-up."
    Civvy waves at Sophia ((who I cannot quote because iPod posting is silly)), and lets their conversation mostly carry on. But then she was asked a question!
    Civvy curtsies slightly, and says "My full name is Civiron. People don't like trying to pronounce that. Sooo: Civvy. Pleased to meet you."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Civvy waves at Sophia ((who I cannot quote because iPod posting is silly)), and lets their conversation mostly carry on. But then she was asked a question!
    Civvy curtsies slightly, and says "My full name is Civiron. People don't like trying to pronounce that. Sooo: Civvy. Pleased to meet you."
    ((i could care less about eren and bros now. im currently all "OMG YMIR COME BACK TO KRISTA YOU ADORABLE FRECKLEJERKFACE I NEED MY OTP TOGETHER))
    ((More Dumbphone postingactually))
    Glad to meet you miss. Sophia Godlark. Titan Shifter, Scouting Regiment soldier and Paladin.
    she replies, saluting with a fistupon her heart.
    So, whatareyou trying to do in this multiverse, if i may inquire?
    Sophia asks, a slight german accent still audible in her voice despite nearly a year in the Nexus.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2015-02-12 at 10:30 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

Morticia speaks with a mix of a texan accent and a spanish accent. However that works.

"You too." Morticia glances at Sophia. "Let's just say I right wrongs. I represent the law. I'm sure you understand, paladin."

17. - Top - End - #47

Civvy, being fairly ignored, basically just twiddles her thumbs and waits. Though she does pull out a DS and starts playin something.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

[Morticia]

((oh, btw, Mee: if you wantid love to have sophia and civvy have some sort of girls nite out thingy. wanna do aplot of Sophia just taking a well deserved break from all the stuff she does and relaxing with a buddy or a few, so yeah.))
    ((also, FE the noniron person, favorite character from aot? dont spoil anything tho cuz other people probs are gonna read posts so yeah))
    Well, depends on the laws you uphold. there are numerous gods and goddesses that one can serve for with unique codes for their paladins. My job is mainly to try as best i can to protect and heal and inspire hope, basically. I serve a Goddess of Hope, you see.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Observation Room

Nai is here, meditating behind a window that currently reveals a view of a coral reef. Maybe it'll change in a few hours, who knows.

For reference, Nai appears to be a man in a white longcoat. His head and hands are both entirely wrapped in gauze. In fact, his entire body is the same way, but most of that is covered by his clothes.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Entrance

((I know little of it. I originally had a few vids, but I accidentally deleted them.))

"I see." Morticia nods. "I serve the law, and Justice. I am the hands, eyes and ears of Justice, and I am willing to do anything to right any and all injustices and wrongs."

21. - Top - End - #51

Entrance

((I know little of it. I originally had a few vids, but I accidentally deleted them.))

"I see." Morticia nods. "I serve the law, and Justice. I am the hands, eyes and ears of Justice, and I am willing to do anything to right any and all injustices and wrongs."
    This earns quite the eyebrow raise from Civvy. Zealots can be a bad thing.

((Feel free to skip me for a bit!))
    Last edited by Mee; 2015-02-13 at 12:30 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52

"I hope you're wary about commiting injustices to serve justice, because sometimes the line between antihero and antivillain is hard to determine, even moreso crosing it"
    sophia replies, her opinion on par with Civvy
    ((aw, that's unfortunate. you can probably find it online somewhere knowing the interwebs at least. also going to sleep now! night!))
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    "I hope you're wary about commiting injustices to serve justice, because sometimes the line between antihero and antivillain is hard to determine, even moreso crosing it"
    sophia replies, her opinion on par with Civvy
    ((aw, that's unfortunate. you can probably find it online somewhere knowing the interwebs at least. also going to sleep now! night!))
    Entrance

((Whoop-de-doo, Sophia happens to be right on the money, as that's what Morticia is.))

"I do not commit injustices. Didn't you just hear me? I am a paragon of Law and Justice!" Morticia grits her teeth. "I am faithful to Justice and all it stands for. If I have to murder a few families so that justice may be served, then so be it."

((Sleep tight, Ark.))

24. - Top - End - #54

Entrance

((Whoop-de-doo, Sophia happens to be right on the money, as that's what Morticia is.))

"I do not commit injustices. Didn't you just hear me? I am a paragon of Law and Justice!" Morticia grits her teeth. "I am faithful to Justice and all it stands for. If I have to murder a few families so that justice may be served, then so be it."

((Sleep tight, Ark.))
    [Entrance]

"We," Civvy says, extending the 'e' a good ways, "do actually have families here." Then she falls silent, letting Morticia reply as she might.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

[Entrance]

"We," Civvy says, extending the 'e' a good ways, "do actually have families here." Then she falls silent, letting Morticia reply as she might.
    How can you measure if what injustice you commit is truly worth bringing justice? how can you be sure it will in fact all be worth the cost?
    sophia utters with slight darkness upon her tone. She knows well that acts of evil may be needed for the greater good, and equally how difficult to tell how much is too much.
    How many innocent lives is the justice you pursue worth?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

[ENTRANCE]

((Ark, what manga is replacing the Big 3, since Naruto's ended?))

"Anything done for justice is worth the cost. And I am willing to pay any cost. You see, evil is like a seed. Even potential evil and injustice must be nipped in the bud, for justice to prevail." Morticia says, sounding utterly convinced of her words.

((And how timely too. Just started reading Goblins Webcomic, and I saw the part where a paladin kills a young dwarf because of 'potential evil' ))

27. - Top - End - #57

[ENTRANCE]

((Ark, what manga is replacing the Big 3, since Naruto's ended?))

"Anything done for justice is worth the cost. And I am willing to pay any cost. You see, evil is like a seed. Even potential evil and injustice must be nipped in the bud, for justice to prevail." Morticia says, sounding utterly convinced of her words.

((And how timely too. Just started reading Goblins Webcomic, and I saw the part where a paladin kills a young dwarf because of 'potential evil' ))
    [Entrance]

"Including," Civvy starts, very slowly. "at the cost of the innocent lives you're saying you're protecting? Seems kind of backwards to me."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

[Entrance]

"Including," Civvy starts, very slowly. "at the cost of the innocent lives you're saying you're protecting? Seems kind of backwards to me."
    Sophia nods in concurrment with this.
    she doesnt add anything. dont wanna steal the spotlight of reply. :P
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

[ENTRANCE]

(())

Morticia glares at Civvy. "Not backwards, but business as usual."

She turns to Sophia. "You're nodding?" She starts to laugh pompously. "O-ho-ho-ho-ho! This world is a strange one. Paladins that don't know their place or their job."

30. - Top - End - #60

[ENTRANCE]

(())

Morticia glares at Civvy. "Not backwards, but business as usual."

She turns to Sophia. "You're nodding?" She starts to laugh pompously. "O-ho-ho-ho-ho! This world is a strange one. Paladins that don't know their place or their job."
    [Entrance]

"Who are you to say what her job is?

I think it might be best if you left."

Say. Where did the short bubbly sentences go? Huh.
    Show