New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Closet Optimizing

The Winged Mod: Locked for Review.

EDIT: Thread re-opened after review. Please keep it civil guys.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2015-02-12 at 03:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, phew... I though it had been my snark that had shut it down
    [CLEVER SIGNATURE] Insert Here [/CLEVER SIGNATURE]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, I'd been ignoring this thread because, well I think it's obvious — anyway: back on target.

I've had people accidentally produce optimal characters simply because they got carried away with an idea, took it to it's logical conclusion and then discovered that everyone else called them out, erroneously, for power-gaming.

I've played in games where players have made overpowered character because they want to showcase their system mastery rather than face the challenges — though to be fair the game generally lacked those.

I DM'd one game where the party had some cool semi-extraplaner transport and one player optimised his character to the point where he was ahead of the curve. Now this was 2E and everyone had about three followers/henchmen and depending upon the player's whim either the OP character would turn up or he'd stay in the closet (only 2 characters a round could come in or out). This was a nightmare since the party had a variable power level so throwing encounters at them was a crap-shoot, depending upon whether the OP character was deployed or not. Eventually other PCs caught up so this problem went away.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook