New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In the Playground

No, it gets split to your frame as well. Otherwise the only way to level a frame at all would be through getting kills with abilities, which would be kind of awkward for some frames (Trin and loki in particular) and random stuff (hacks, affinity orbs, etc)

I just checked it and your frame gets 25% of all affinity gained, while your weapons split 75% (25% each with three, 37.5% with 2, or the whole 75% with only 1). Affinity
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

See, I know for a fact that using your abilities, even on a Trinity and Loki, gives you affinity per cast. Which, with a Trinity, can scale quite well given how frequently I end up spamming Blessing.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Damn, now my Loki is level 30 and I don't have stuff to build another frame. This game sure is good at pushing you to pay a little...

EDIT: So, a new Warframe is not realistically attainable for me at the moment, but I'm trying to play my way towards the Mars boss that lets me go to a planet that has Plastid drops so I can build my Latron. Does anyone have advice on how to beat an Interception mission alone? That's always been very hard for me up until now.

Furthermore I might want to build one of the melee blueprints I've gotten as login bonuses (Scindo or Dual Zoren) or possibly the Heat Sword since my Cronus will soon reach max level and I'm not sure that I want to level my Skana to 30 right now. I can afford any of those in terms of resources, any advice?

Lastly: Did this game become easier? I've started playing again after a break of a few months and I've been consistently winning missions I couldn't before. Was there a rebalance in a recent patch?
    Last edited by Partysan; 2015-02-24 at 04:43 PM.
    "Ceterum censeo mediomundum esse delendum."
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Maximus View Post
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.
    I will leave this world like I entered it - screaming and bathed in blood.

Martial Avatartist by the amazing yldenfrei

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

All I can tell you is that I hate doing interception alone.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

All I can tell you is that I hate doing interception alone.
    Solo Interception is nearly impossible, but there are tricks to it. Nova is probably one of the best frames for it, because you can use Wormhole to jump between points really quickly.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Solo Interception is nearly impossible, but there are tricks to it. Nova is probably one of the best frames for it, because you can use Wormhole to jump between points really quickly.
    Mhm. Also, if you have a good range and duration, Molecular Prime can be used to slow down your enemies.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Range actually doesn't have any real effect on Prime. It expands at a constant rate, affected only by duration. What you want on Nova is Strength>Duration>Efficiency>Range

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Range actually doesn't have any real effect on Prime. It expands at a constant rate, affected only by duration. What you want on Nova is Strength>Duration>Efficiency>Range
    The range improves the explosive radius on Prime and Antimatter Drop. Duration actually kind of blows in a lot situations unless you're exclusively a 4 spammer, especially if you've modded to the point where the drop will have a similiar range to prime, since everything will be instantly gibbed. I've been favoring the drop a lot lately, with only a Primed Continuity for duration. From experience, when I get it 50% molecular will hit a soft cap based on map size. EDIT: Actually, I can actually fit more duration without a corruption mod by using more stuff from my Loki build, like the druation/knockdown duration mod. Will do.

So efficiency got a bit boned in my build, but it's not so bad with siphon and sgammacor. If I really want to be efficient, a properly executed will get the same amount of work done with half of the energy. Another good option I think would be to screw power (unsure on how it affects the multiplier of Drop) and then prioritize efficiency then range for HIIIIIIIGH levels where the base damages are useless.

Speaking of which, do you know what really grind my gears? Frosts and Hydroids, and Limbo to a much smaller degree. Frost LOVE using snowglobes in infested defense. Useless! Hydroid have a puddle that will just slow the game down.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2015-02-24 at 05:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
    Damn, now my Loki is level 30 and I don't have stuff to build another frame. This game sure is good at pushing you to pay a little...
    Definitely hold on to your Loki. Some people might say that Loki Prime is mechanically better, but the only bonus is a slight increase in energy that, given a Flow mod is highly unlikely to make the difference between life and death. Primes, even with the tiny bonuses, are all about the shiny new bling. Loki, in general is highly mobile and highly-capable. I got him as my starting frame back in Update 6 or 7 and did most of the star map with him and a Strun, so it's definitely able to carry you through most anything.

There are going to be bosses you can't tackle on your own, and if you need a solid recommendation to do everything else if/when you get a little bit more platinum, go with a Trinity. Her abilities eliminate the most annoying parts of running solo: lack of energy, lack of health, and lack of other people to take your beating for you. All you'll need is a solid weapon and you can solo most any boss that doesn't drain your energy (I hate you, Vay Hek).

EDIT: So, a new Warframe is not realistically attainable for me at the moment, but I'm trying to play my way towards the Mars boss that lets me go to a planet that has Plastid drops so I can build my Latron. Does anyone have advice on how to beat an Interception mission alone? That's always been very hard for me up until now.
    To win, you have to more-or-less consistently hold 3 out of 4 points throughout the match. It's pretty hard to do, even with a speedy frame like a Loki. I say hard, but I mean nigh-impossible except on certain maps where you can cover two points from one spot and kill enemies with one bullet. Running with other people, even in a public game (which I do to exclusion of most anything else) makes it simplicity itself.

Furthermore I might want to build one of the melee blueprints I've gotten as login bonuses (Scindo or Dual Zoren) or possibly the Heat Sword since my Cronus will soon reach max level and I'm not sure that I want to level my Skana to 30 right now. I can afford any of those in terms of resources, any advice?
    Scindo can be leveled for mastery and experience with handling heavy weapons, then sold. There's a Prime version that eclipses it in most aspects, to the point where for actual DPS Scindo Prime is one of the top weapons in the game. The Dual Zorens are an incredible mobility enhancement - look into learning ZorenCoptering. They're also really fast attack weapons, so you get a good amount of immediate feedback. They're not usually kept for their damage, though, so don't worry about adding a Catalyst or Forma to it.

FYI: Going up in Mastery levels now gives equipment slots (every even or odd level, I forget), so there's a mechanical reason to do it (okay, there are several bonuses, but this is the most relevant). Every weapon you have, take it all the way up to 30, then decide on whether you want to keep it or not. I struggled with every inventory slot until I got a 75% Platinum discount on login, so I remember that process well.

Lastly: Did this game become easier? I've started playing again after a break of a few months and I've been consistently winning missions I couldn't before. Was there a rebalance in a recent patch?
    The game is constantly being rebalanced. One look at the patch notes will tell you how much they change regularly. That said, you've also gotten better.

-RFC 1925

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

So efficiency got a bit boned in my build, but it's not so bad with siphon and sgammacor. If I really want to be efficient, a properly executed will get the same amount of work done with half of the energy. Another good option I think would be to screw power (unsure on how it affects the multiplier of Drop) and then prioritize efficiency then range for HIIIIIIIGH levels where the base damages are useless.
    Don't junk Power, you run the risk of speed novaing. You know how Prime slows enemies? That can get up to 75% at max power strength, or -30% at minimum. Meaning that enemies are 30% faster. There are strategies around it (IIRC, combine with a Vortex Boobin), but most of my groups for Infested Defense prefer not letting the enemies anywhere near us.

We usually run Nova (max Strength Prime for the slow and double damage), Mesa (Peacemakers solo the first 15 waves) and Mirage (mine, mostly a stand in, but Hall of Malevolence+Eclipse makes me good cleanup. Also I snipe Parasitics). Then we pub out for a fourth, usually a Saryn (Envenom gets targeted by Mesa), Resonance Banshee (same as Saryn), Rhino (Roar+Stomp), or Trinity (Energy Vamp+Blessing)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Don't junk Power, you run the risk of speed novaing. You know how Prime slows enemies? That can get up to 75% at max power strength, or -30% at minimum. Meaning that enemies are 30% faster. There are strategies around it (IIRC, combine with a Vortex Boobin), but most of my groups for Infested Defense prefer not letting the enemies anywhere near us.
    Mhm. Clump dudes -> drop them. Wave done. Stand somewhere high up.

Now, personally I prefer the slow (I'm nearly at the 75% point), but in terms of damage, the drop and double damage from prime will cream most things.
    We usually run Nova (max Strength Prime for the slow and double damage), Mesa (Peacemakers solo the first 15 waves) and Mirage (mine, mostly a stand in, but Hall of Malevolence+Eclipse makes me good cleanup. Also I snipe Parasitics). Then we pub out for a fourth, usually a Saryn (Envenom gets targeted by Mesa), Resonance Banshee (same as Saryn), Rhino (Roar+Stomp), or Trinity (Energy Vamp+Blessing)
    I like that. I can do Mirage/Nova, and I have a buddy who does Mesa/Mirage. The lack of activity caused by Mesa is equally hilarious and boring.

Do you have the total eclipse mod? Also, what kind of weapons do you like to run? I've been tepid towards the Penta, but the Opticor has been a bit interesting.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

I just got Suda to Genius (was credit blocked until this weekend because of Void Trader). I got my Sgammacor from Fenrys. But Total Eclipse is on my list of things to pick up.

I bring Mirage, Boltor Prime (standing in for my eventual Soma Prime) or my Vectis (if they're assigning me to sniping duties), sgammacor (because procs, Gas+Cold with punch through), and the Orthos Prime (AoE and Reach. Also a really fun weapon).

Mesa brings along Soma Prime, Synoid, and Dakra Prime.

Nova (Fenrys) brings Soma Prime, whatever secondary he's levelling (been Vaykor lately), and whatever melee he feels like (he's good).

To top it off, we all bring spectres. Fenrys and I drop off Good Ideas, Roller Senpais, and Jeffs, while Mesa brings Healers, Chargers, and Moas. Then Fenrys drops in Rhino Spectres and Mesa drops in his own Mesa Spectres. I'm planning on eventually working up to Saryn Spectres.

Then we have overshields and energy restores for when things get ugly.

EDIT: Also, before we added Mesa, I would run our Boobin. When we first brought Mesa, I was happy because I didn't have to do anything but draw pictures in Tesla Links for 15 waves.
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2015-02-24 at 06:22 PM.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

13. - Top - End - #73

Matchmaking is weird. I played my first public match because I didn't see a chance to beat the Interception that blocked the way to the Mars boss and was matched up with 3 people with lvl 30 prime frame, lvl 30 prime weapons (and all 30 secondaries and prime melee) and sentinels. Can't say I didn't have fun, but I was definitely being carried. What do max everything people do in a lvl 6-8 mission?

And now I might have to continue playing public since the missions on... Saturn it was I think? - aren't realistically beatable for me solo either. Why can't they just make the missions scale with player count, really...
    A balor is literally made of evil - for all we know it's composed of malecules and cruelectrons.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Matchmaking is weird. I played my first public match because I didn't see a chance to beat the Interception that blocked the way to the Mars boss and was matched up with 3 people with lvl 30 prime frame, lvl 30 prime weapons (and all 30 secondaries and prime melee) and sentinels. Can't say I didn't have fun, but I was definitely being carried. What do max everything people do in a lvl 6-8 mission?

And now I might have to continue playing public since the missions on... Saturn it was I think? - aren't realistically beatable for me solo either. Why can't they just make the missions scale with player count, really...
    Interception missions drop Tower 4 keys at waves 3, 7, 11, etc. No matter which Interception you're doing. So the best way to farm up T4 keys is by running low level interceptions, because you can easily hold all 4 points and clear the waves with no real threat. Also, low level missions are safe places to play "Bait the Stalker".

And your problem is more the gear you have. With end game gear, I am confident I can solo through Saturn going full ham, depending on mission type (Interception is the exception, Defense are a pain)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

15. - Top - End - #75

Interception missions drop Tower 4 keys at waves 3, 7, 11, etc. No matter which Interception you're doing. So the best way to farm up T4 keys is by running low level interceptions, because you can easily hold all 4 points and clear the waves with no real threat. Also, low level missions are safe places to play "Bait the Stalker".
    That explains it, thanks.
    And your problem is more the gear you have. With end game gear, I am confident I can solo through Saturn going full ham, depending on mission type (Interception is the exception, Defense are a pain)
    I don't doubt it, but without Platinum new gear is hard to get, since the materials can't be bought for credits and are pretty elusive/have to be farmed in specific missions. Game's still fun though.

That said, do you know a frame that I might be able to earn by myself? Most seem to require a lab, i.e. being part of a syndicate, or the parts are only being dropped by bosses all over the system.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Well, Vaubin drops from alerts, Volt, Banshee, and Zephyr are clan research, Prime parts drop from towers, and normal frame parts drop from any boss (each boss has a different frame). My recommendation for an early, tanky frame is Valkyr. She drops from Alad V on Jupiter and, if built right, the Grineer and Infested CANNOT kill you. Valkyr's base statline is normal health, low shields, high stamina, and 600 armor. For perspective, the next highest armor values are at 175.

Valkyr's abilities are great.
    First, Ripline, which is basically a grappling hook. Shoot it to a wall, and you start flying to it. Can also be used on enemies, in which case it's like Mag's Pull but single target and more damage.
    Paralysis is something you have to build for. It drains your shields, and does a nuke based on your shield strength, and stuns enemies for a few seconds. But Valkyr's shields are terrible (about 150 at max rank)
    Warcry is great. Buffs yours and allies attack speeds and armor, while slowing enemies. Great for bosses.
    Hysteria is what makes her a solo frame though. You get a long duration mode (you can't disable it) during which you get special claws (complete with their own combos). During this, YOU ARE INVINCIBLE. As in nothing can hurt you or knock you down invincible. And, you get lifesteal, so you'll come out of it at full health. the unmodded base stats of your melee weapon are used to determine the damage of your attacks, which is why weapons like the Tipedo are great on Valkyr.

Now, the reason why you can solo any Grineer or Infested mission (things like Defense or Mobile Defense excluded) is because of Hysteria: They have no way to stop you. Corpus and Corrupted have Nullifiers that can turn it off, but if you prioritize Duration>Efficiency>Strength>Range, you can spend entire missions in Hysteria (or at least all the combat portions).

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Rhino parts drop from the Jackal boss on Venus, which is considered one of the earlier/starter planets. If you haven't heard of the Rhino frame, you're in for a pleasant surprise. It's a versatile frame that does a bit of everything, can stand up to damage MUCH better than a Loki, and is universally recognized as the best second frame to have.

It's a Corpus mission that can usually be run solo, assuming a certain level of damage output. The way it's usually done, you don't fight every enemy on the way to the boss. Kill what's in your way and run to the boss section; the enemies will fall behind you and stop attacking once you're out of range. Once you get into the boss fight the additional enemies are few, if any.

The wiki has a good description of the strategies for this boss, but the short summary is: hug the columns to avoid the stomp, shoot the legs to take it down.

If you run it Public, chances are good that other people will be doing the boss as well.

-RFC 1925

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to second Rhino, only because it's much easier to grab than Valkyr.

Keep in mind that Loki is still one of the best frames in the game. With efficiency and duration mods, you can be rolling in a lot of stealth.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I forgot that Rhino dropped from Jackal. I never actually got standard Rhino, since I ended up with Valkyr when my friends brought me along to farm Salad for Neural Sensors.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I forgot that Rhino dropped from Jackal. I never actually got standard Rhino, since I ended up with Valkyr when my friends brought me along to farm Salad for Neural Sensors.
    Oh god, I've gotten the parts a dozen times over.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure who I've gotten the most parts for: Valkyr, Oberon, or Nekros.

Oh, that's another option. You could try to farm up Oberon. He drops from Eximus type enemies.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure who I've gotten the most parts for: Valkyr, Oberon, or Nekros.

Oh, that's another option. You could try to farm up Oberon. He drops from Eximus type enemies.
    For me, it's Oberon now that I've finished Oberon. D:

To farm him, try some dark sector infested defense. Make it through a bunch of waves.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Oberon is one of those frames that you end up collecting just by playing infinite-duration missions a whole bunch. Given that it's based on RNG, I don't recommend actually wanting it, as you'll be disappointed at every opportunity.

I like Cambria on Earth for my T1-T3 keys. Usually, the people I'm with go through about 13-15 collectors before evacuating, which gets you quite a bit of loot and experience on top of the regular excavation rewards.

-RFC 1925

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, so that's how it works. I thought T4 keys dropped from other Void missions.

Plus, if you need certain resources, it's good to go to the low-level planets so you can mow through as many enemies as possible to get them. I got fifteen Morphics on one Mars Survival. >.>
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    Oh, so that's how it works. I thought T4 keys dropped from other Void missions.

Plus, if you need certain resources, it's good to go to the low-level planets so you can mow through as many enemies as possible to get them. I got fifteen Morphics on one Mars Survival. >.>
    Yep. I've run a lot of Apollodorus to farm up Morphics.

Oh, and if anyone ever needs a hand, go ahead and send me a friend request. If we're on at the same time, I can help you farm up anything outside of Void missions. And, honestly, my friends and I have a ton of keys (Fenrys in particular is loaded), and have most of the things we need, so I can run a fair number of those too.

Right now, we're trying to farm up Nyx Prime Chassis, so I accept payment in T3 Exterminate runs

I'm also trying to work on Mesa. Just need the Systems, but then I need to earn enough plat to buy more slots.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, so my current grind is
    1. Ducats (gotta make sure I have enough for that Prisma Brakk when it comes)
    2. General mastery stuff (I take an underleveled primary all the time now because my Tiberon is kinda useful against Nullifier Crewmen and that's about it, Marelok and melee see nearly all of the use)
    3. Frost and Trinity parts (need Frost systems, not sure about Trinity). I do think Rhino is still good in lategame, for reviving people, crowd control, and decent buffs if lacking Banshee/Valkyr, but I still want more frames.

1 is taking priority over 3, but considering build times I should probably do 3 first.

Used my last catalyst on the Ichors. I think it's got better DPS than Zorens.

Also, I have this ridiculous idea in my head of playing Mesa equipped with nothing but Nikana. The ronin. Gotta get around to acquiring more Mutato Salad keys, I just got the one from the alert.

Oh and I have like seven T3E keys.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2015-02-25 at 04:04 PM.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

27. - Top - End - #87

I think I actually have an Oberon Chassis (and Mag Systems) lying around in my inventory. Valkyr sounds delicious though.

In other news, my Cronus hit 30 and I've taken out my old Skana for now until I decide what to replace it with. The Dual Zoren probably, since I already have the blueprint and all materials.

...I seem to have 4 T1 and 1 T2 keys. Never used any of those.

But I think I'll just get used to playing public more often. For that matter, is there any code of conduct about going into public matches while being stalked?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

I think I actually have an Oberon Chassis (and Mag Systems) lying around in my inventory. Valkyr sounds delicious though.

In other news, my Cronus hit 30 and I've taken out my old Skana for now until I decide what to replace it with. The Dual Zoren probably, since I already have the blueprint and all materials.

...I seem to have 4 T1 and 1 T2 keys. Never used any of those.

But I think I'll just get used to playing public more often. For that matter, is there any code of conduct about going into public matches while being stalked?
    First, you aren't being stalked, you are marked by the Stalker. Being stalked means a person is creeping on you :P

If your screen starts flashing, call out in chat that you are being attacked by the Stalker. If you have low level allies, expect to die horribly. If you have high level allies, then just make sure you get near them, then as soon as he spawns, run like hell. He will kill you crazy fast, but if your allies kill him first, you have a chance to get his sigil or one of his weapons. The Hate is awesome looking, but crap (all 3 scythes are statistically identical), I don't have the Despair (secondary), and the Dread (a slash bow) is CRAZY. You can double (red) crit for over 30k damage.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

To survive the first few Stalker hits consider switching to your melee weapon (hold the weapon-switch key) and then start blocking. It'll give you team mates some time to kill the guy, even if you're in total defense mode, because as soon as you go down the Stalker disappears and so do all the chances of killing him for loot.

-RFC 1925

30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground

I bought my Valkyr a couple of months after i started to play and its the best thing ive spent money on in Warframe so far.

She's my Goto Frame for any thing that doesn't need something more specialized (like Frost for Def/Mobile Def) or when i just want to Wreck face in Melee and Solo Void Runs
    Last edited by Leon; 2015-02-26 at 04:30 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet