New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Life and Times at East Marshall High - IC Thread II: A Song of Freaks and Geeks

"You see, my problem is more that I'm the person to push someone else onto a grenade than leap on it myself," she says as she picks up some of the cut ropes and starts digging for more. "Not much rope left. Those knots were good, but really inefficient. She wasted a lot of rope."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Life and Times at East Marshall High - IC Thread II: A Song of Freaks and Geeks

Robert shrugs, "There's always going to be times when you can't, you know. They suck, yeah, but you just got to remember that there's always next time." He sighed, "Though honestly, it's not like I've been much help either. Mr. Ackermann's been doing most of the work, and I just occasionally hand him a tool or a light. Not really a proactive help at all."

Suki was about to provide a response to Robert's question about the state of the concert, when Little Miss Holy starts feeling sorry for herself and shares an oh so touching moment with Robert.

So instead of providing her answer, she instead huffs and storms out of the room, heading off to get changed herself.

Robert wants to see if this concert still has a chance? He wants to know if what they did will make a difference?

I'll show them. I'll give them the best damn show they've ever seen.

On her way to the dressing room, she passes by a stage hand. Everyone needs to clear out the backstage. Everything is set, and we don't need non staff backstage anymore.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2015-03-05 at 12:14 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Valerie was lying down on a makeshift stretcher. She turned over and lazily waved at Becca, and though she looked more coherent, she still didn't have her usual energy in her voice, "Hey... you actually came to visit me? Shouldn't you be with Suki and your other friends?"
    Of course. Becca beamed. I mean when the concert starts, I have to go, I promised Suki. But if I were in the hospital, I'd want visitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    Maybe, but I feel bad when I can't do anything. It's not...completely rational, I admit, but I hate when I can't do anything.

...what else was there to say?
    "I'm pretty sure that's not just you," Robert said, "No one wants to feel that way."

Robert watches Suki storm off, "Wow... guess she's still pretty mad at us."

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Suki was about to provide a response to Robert's question about the state of the concert, when Little Miss Holy starts feeling sorry for herself and shares an oh so touching moment with Robert.

So instead of providing her answer, she instead huffs and storms out of the room, heading off to get changed herself.

Robert wants to see if this concert still has a chance? He wants to know if what they did will make a difference?

I'll show them. I'll give them the best damn show they've ever seen.

On her way to the dressing room, she passes by a stage hand. Everyone needs to clear out the backstage. Everything is set, and we don't need non staff backstage anymore.
    The stage hand, a young freshman boy, was caught off-guard by Suki's appearance, and stammered, "B-but the engineer's still working on the lights, and two of the others are still working on getting the curtains to work. A-are you sure about that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "You see, my problem is more that I'm the person to push someone else onto a grenade than leap on it myself," she says as she picks up some of the cut ropes and starts digging for more. "Not much rope left. Those knots were good, but really inefficient. She wasted a lot of rope."
    "That's..." he tried to find a polite word for 'cowardly', and eventually settled on, "...not very noble of you."

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Of course. Becca beamed. I mean when the concert starts, I have to go, I promised Suki. But if I were in the hospital, I'd want visitors.
    Valerie nods, "I understand. I'm hoping I can see it too. I worked so hard to..." She pauses, then give Becca a huge sigh and frowns, "Ah, who am I kidding? I know why it's been so hectic back here. I almost ruined everything, didn't I?"

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Then start with everyone else, but as soon as the others are done. Get. Them. Out.

Suki starts walking off again. But turns back after a few steps.

And be sure to thank the engineer for getting down here so quickly and helping us.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2015-03-05 at 02:57 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

"Other words to pick would be pragmatic and 'Ah, then yes, it is likely best you do not join,' if you were trying to avoid offending me."

Show

7. - Top - End - #397

Nah. I mean never do something like that again, your health is important as well. Becca explained. But it's fine, the concert's continuing on schedule.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Then start with everyone else, but as soon as the others are done. Get. Them. Out.

Suki starts walking off again. But turns back after a few steps.

And be sure to thank the engineer for getting down here so quickly and helping us.
    "W-will do!" The stagehand said, before running off to start alerting everyone.

As Suki storms by the dressing room, Hazel walks out and nearly bumps into her, "Suki! Hey, so the costumes are pretty much done, and..." She frowns at Suki's expression, "Hey, are you ok? You seem really upset."

"Other words to pick would be pragmatic and 'Ah, then yes, it is likely best you do not join,' if you were trying to avoid offending me."
    "Oh," John muttered as he looked down at his feet, "Sorry. I'm usually better when put under pressure, but... well, I'm not the best at finding the right words to say." He picked up the pieces of rope on the ground and started trying to tie them together into a longer rope that could actually be used, and proves to be surprisingly good with his hands.

Nah. I mean never do something like that again, your health is important as well. Becca explained. But it's fine, the concert's continuing on schedule.
    "That's good," Valerie said glumly, "...Suki probably hates me now, though. This was supposed to be her big night, and I only made things worse." She curled up a bit on the bed, "I don't even know why I thought I could do everything. I mean, I can't even get my photos to turn out right half the time, and somehow I thought I could rewire everything to make the world's best light show and make a kickass backdrop. That was so stupid of me."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

No, Hazel. I'm not. It's Robert. The stupid fool doesn't get it. And now Miss Holier-than-thou is sitting there with him and he doesn't even notice me because she is feeling sorry for herself. God, he's such an idiot. I hate him! Tears starting running from Suki's eyes as she vents her frustration out on Hazel.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #400

I doubt she hates you. Becca said hugging Val.

Okay, don't think like that.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No, Hazel. I'm not. It's Robert. The stupid fool doesn't get it. And now Miss Holier-than-thou is sitting there with him and he doesn't even notice me because she is feeling sorry for herself. God, he's such an idiot. I hate him! Tears starting running from Suki's eyes as she vents her frustration out on Hazel.
    "Oh, come here," Hazel gave her a quick hug, "I don't think you really mean that, or else it wouldn't upset you so much that he's ignoring you. I don't know why he would, though. I don't really know who this other girl is, but she doesn't sound nearly as awesome as you."

Quote Originally Posted by Illven
    I doubt she hates you. Becca said hugging Val.

Okay, don't think like that.
    "Well, she should," Val mutters, "I know her new friends do."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I'm pretty sure that's not just you," Robert said, "No one wants to feel that way."

Robert watches Suki storm off, "Wow... guess she's still pretty mad at us."
    Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, pray for those who persecute you...

...I think it might bring her comfort if you went and talked to her alone. It's as I said before...you're at the eye of the storm, but if you don't pay attention to everyone, you can and will hurt their feelings. In fact, I think you just did. Never forget how fragile a maiden's feelings are when you fail to pay attention to them. They can shatter like glass, and that glass, in turn, will cut you if you're not careful.

Perhaps that would solve things.

13. - Top - End - #403

"Well, she should," Val mutters, "I know her new friends do."
    No she shouldn't silly. You meant well. Becca replied.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Suki returns the hug, then starts to change. Stripping out of her shirt and pants she starts putting on her stage outfit.

She isn't. She likes to act better than everyone else, and she preaches at you for anything you do. She acts like she doesn't, but she looks down at you because you don't do as much volunteer work as she does. She thinks her piety makes her better than everyone and thinks that she can be forgiven by everyone she wrongs by just offering an apology framed within an utterance she has sinned. Even her damn apologies are religious.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

"Good luck with that. I'm gonna go find a seat." Good with his hands didn't make up for mistakes with his mouth.

"Hey Robert. This seat taken or am I going to steal it from someone?" she asks, sitting by the boy.

Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    Love your enemies, do good to them that hate you, pray for those who persecute you...

...I think it might bring her comfort if you went and talked to her alone. It's as I said before...you're at the eye of the storm, but if you don't pay attention to everyone, you can and will hurt their feelings. In fact, I think you just did. Never forget how fragile a maiden's feelings are when you fail to pay attention to them. They can shatter like glass, and that glass, in turn, will cut you if you're not careful.

Perhaps that would solve things.
    Robert looked at Maya for a moment, "I think... you might be right." He began to stand up, but as he did the exodus of people had started, "Dammit... looks like the show's about to start. I doubt they're going to let me back there now." He sighed and sat down, "I'll try and talk to her during the intermission."

He saw Claire, Molly, and Jill getting ushered out and waved them over, "Over here, guys! We've got plenty of seats."

"Good luck with that. I'm gonna go find a seat." Good with his hands didn't make up for mistakes with his mouth.

"Hey Robert. This seat taken or am I going to steal it from someone?" she asks, sitting by the boy.
    John nodded, "Alright. I'll finish up here, then do the same. If you see Ray, tell her to save me a seat."

As Sakuya sat down, Robert chuckled, "I guess it's fine. Plenty to go around."

Suki returns the hug, then starts to change. Stripping out of her shirt and pants she starts putting on her stage outfit.

She isn't. She likes to act better than everyone else, and she preaches at you for anything you do. She acts like she doesn't, but she looks down at you because you don't do as much volunteer work as she does. She thinks her piety makes her better than everyone and thinks that she can be forgiven by everyone she wrongs by just offering an apology framed within an utterance she has sinned. Even her damn apologies are religious.
    Hazel starts to change as well, "Seems like she's suckered Robert, at least. Still, does she have much else going for her? If not, we just might be able to blow his mind with the power of rock!" She gives Suki a small smile, "And even if we don't, screw him. If he doesn't see how great you are, someone else will."

No she shouldn't silly. You meant well. Becca replied.
    Valerie frowned, "And what good did that do? I still almost got her killed. She's probably going to file a restraining order on me, and then you two will kiss after the concert and start dating, and you'll stop hanging out with me too so you can spend more time with her..." Valerie trails off and closes her eyes again for a few seconds, then wakes back up, "Sorry... I'm still pretty tired."

17. - Top - End - #407

She's uh... more interested in Rob then me. Becca said. I'm no one's favorite She said batting her eyes to try to clear them of tears.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

I guess.

Suki sighs as she finishes getting dressed.

C'mon. Let's rock this place down.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

She's uh... more interested in Rob then me. Becca said. I'm no one's favorite She said batting her eyes to try to clear them of tears.
    Valerie began tearing up as well, "Oh Becca, don't cry... y-you'll make me cry too." She reaches out and grabs Becca's hand, "I don't know how much this means coming from me, since I'm not really that popular and I almost killed everyone and you're really the only person who can stand me here, but... you're my favorite." The two end up hugging over it.

They talked for a little bit longer, but eventually the moment was interrupted when one of the stagehands came up to them, "Hey sorry, but Suki says she wants everyone not involved with the production back in the audience now. So you gotta go, Red."

I guess.

Suki sighs as she finishes getting dressed.

C'mon. Let's rock this place down.
    Hazel smiled, "That's the spirit, Suki! And hey, don't worry: we've got your back on this one. We'll do great!"

Episode 3, Scene 8

Thanks to your hard work, the concert is starting on time! While in most concerts the last song is by far the most important, the band needs to put their best foot forward in order to get the fans they so badly desire!

Meanwhile, the audience is starting to come in as the rest of you begin to take your seats. Considering the kind of concert this is, however, everyone's soon on their feet and dancing, giving you a surprising amount of freedom to move around. This is the perfect opportunity to 'accidentally' get close and personal with Robert, set to the backdrop of a rock opera. Of course, there's only so much room in the aisle...

Spoiler: Unopposed Roll (Suki)
    Show
    Allure D7: Everyone knows that the most important part of the concert is the presentation! Jazz it up a bit and strut your stuff! +2 VP

Skill D7: All the glitter paint and short skirts in the world doesn't matter if your music is like every other high school band's. Don't worry about looking good, but rather sounding good! +2 VP

Spoiler: Opposed Roll (Everyone Else)
    Show
    Allure: Robert might just be a cuddler. Manage to get close and personal with him, but watch out for the others!

Skill: Bless Robert's heart, the poor boy is trying to sing along... but he's not that good, at singing or Japanese. Join in and impress him, either with your own skills or by just putting forth the effort!

Conflict: Robert is yours! Keep the other girl's mitts off of him, and he's guaranteed to pay attention to you! The loud music and strobe lights make a perfect cover for your actions too, as long as you don't draw too much attention doing so...

Winner gets +2 VP
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2015-03-05 at 11:05 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410

Absorbed in the creative process and distracted by her excitement at the possibility of actually getting published, Jill goes right on with her concept sketching as Robert rejoins the group. Only when the babble of the arriving audience becomes too loud to conveniently hold her conversation with Claire does she finally give up and pack away her sketchbook for later.

Jill is among the first to get up and start dancing, falling right into it completely heedless of what anyone may think of her actual skill. With so many people moving around, the auditorium inevitably starts to heat up, and she quickly ditches her hoodie. Opening her eyes only periodically to make sure she doesn't crash into anyone, she happens to spot Robert nearby; not slowing down her dancing, she nonetheless starts making her way over to him to see if he wants to join her.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Allure, +2 Shameless, burning last Doujin roll.

21. - Top - End - #411

But I have a backstage pass. Becca protested before getting shoved out into the general audience.

So many people. Possibly still unsecure equipment, Recipe for potential distaster.

And Becca was right in the middle of a possible stampede. A clumsy, clumsy girl about to be stampeded.

Someone's face is in her chest.

Spoiler
    Show

Strong Allure. Shameless, Scaredy cat.

22. - Top - End - #412

RedKnightGirl

Though she enjoyed the creative process, it was time to dance and enjoy the concert. Getting close to Robert was a must. Wasn't it? Well perhaps one of the other girls would be good too... no Robert, she liked Robert best. Right? ...this was not the time to have an existential crisis just because she enjoyed drawing buxom women with Jill.

Sliding as close to Robert as possible, Claire pulled her sketchbook out. Perhaps if she talked to Robert about their idea it would open a chance for them to have a tender moment together? Of course she'd also need to explain how she was planning to self-publish at the age of 15 with her own personal wealth, which could be construed as showing off...

Spoiler
    Show

Thaw Out +2 for Allure, Doujinshin Enthusiast, and activating Dazzling Display.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Sakuya watches one of the girls go for Robert as Claire pulls out her sketchbook. "No. Back away. Now," she says, knife making its second appearance today. There was death in her eyes. Today had not run its expected course, and someone was just a teensy bit upset by that.

"Excuse me, Claire, lovely drawings, but may I borrow Robert for a bit? I promise to return him in mostly one piece," she says with a wry grin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict (+1), Intimidating Presence (+2), Armed (+2)

Contingency Plan: Take higher result instead.

Show

24. - Top - End - #414

Maya felt a nudge of her own...

Patience. All things happen in My own time

As such, Maya stepped back...the storm brewing needn't concern her, and so she'd let this one go for now.

Spoiler: roll
    Show
    Strong Skill.
    Last edited by Angelalex242; 2015-03-06 at 01:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

The lights fade, the rented fog machines start pumping out the clouds of sublimating dry ice that will conceal the cords on the floor of the stage.

With one last look back to the other three, Suki gives a smile, and a nod. Pain fades. Scars heal. Glory lasts forever.

With that, she hits the first of many chords of the night. A low menacing chord, leading into the heavier rock overtures of their cover of the Ride of the Valkyries.

The playlist continues this way, the band's theme coming through. It isn't often anymore that a band starts telling a story through their music, but soon enough the pattern becomes clear. In this band, the Valkyrie ride again, and they are kicking serious ass. Soon, the crowd is on their feet. The energy feeds into Suki, who in turn plays harder. Pumping out the music with a passion you so rarely see from the girl. Up there on the stage, she seems alive.

She feels alive.

She only hopes Robert sees her putting everything into it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alure. Kira Kira, Star Quality, Moe enthusiast. +4 total.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2015-03-06 at 04:10 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #416

Just before the music starts, Molly hurries out into the audience, having been saying goodbye to her dad. She rushes back ovre to where Robert and the other girls are sitting and begins to push her way through the masses, not bothering to avoid stepping on people with her boots.

Spoiler
    Show
    Weak conflict
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The Ride of the Valkyries was apparently a much better choice for an opener than anyone could have guess, as the crowd proceeds to go wild as the music kicks in. Soon, the crowd was out of their seats and cheering as each new song started up. To their credit, Hazel was right when she said the the other Shield Maidens had Suki's back, as despite their abysmal dress rehearsal earlier, they proceeded to nail the actual performance. By the end of the first set, it was obvious that Suki was about to become far more popular at school, and that the Shield Maidens had a promising future ahead of them. Assuming, that is, they don't mess up the second half of the concert.

Meanwhile, in the audience, the other girls had issues of their own. Robert tries to listen to Claire, he really does, but the music and the lights end up being too loud and distracting, and Claire can tell that he's only managing to pick up on half of what she's saying. The girl Sakuya had pulled her knife out on happened to be Molly, who thanks to that momentary distraction ended up losing Robert in the crowd, though Sakuya doesn't fair much better in her own attempts. Lost and stumbling through the crowd, Rebecca eventually manages to bump into Robert as he's about to be pulled away by Sakuya.

"Oh crap, Becca!" Robert said as he inadvertently knocks her over, "Are you ok? Here, let me help you up..." With his attention diverted from Sakuya, it becomes far harder to pull him away for a bit of one-on-one time. Thus, Robert end up dancing with Rebecca for the remainder of the concert.

When it's time for the mid-show intermission, people start filing out in order to use the restroom or see if the vending machines have anything left in them. As the other girls begin to disperse, Robert motions towards the backstage, "Hey um, I'm gonna go see if I can find Suki. I'll see you guys after intermission."

John and Rachel come up to the girls milling around the lobby. "Wow," John says, "That was pretty awesome, huh?"

"My ears may be ringing, but I have to admit, I'm glad I came." Rachel said, looking like she's actually enjoying herself.

As the couple begin chatting, some of you may notice Betty in the corner of the lobby chatting with a thin boy with pitch-black hair slicked over one of his eyes and dressed up like a Hot Topic reject. It takes a couple of seconds to realize that it's Greg underneath that eyeliner. John and Rachel don't seem to have noticed him, but it's pretty clear that it could only spell trouble if Greg gets near them. Luckily, Greg has no reason whatsoever to risk his neck to come near them and risk causing a scene in-

He looks over at the group and spots Claire. Uh-oh.

Backstage, the band was celebrating their success on-stage.

"We were amazing!" exclaims Bianca as she fixes her hair, "Seriously, did you see them out there? They LOVED us!"

"I know!" Hazel said excitedly, "I thought I was going to throw up at one point, but by the end I was just so into it I stopped caring!"

"We're gonna be rock stars!" Bianca shouted.

Wenona shot Bianca a look as she tuned her guitar, "Wait until after we finish the whole concert first before you say that. You don't want to jinx us, right?"

As they continued chatting, there was a knock on the dressing room door. "Is it showtime already?" Hazel asks.

From the other side of the door, Suki can hear a familiar voice, "Hey Suki, it's Robert. Can we talk for a minute?"

The other girls look between each other for a moment, then towards Suki, waiting to see what she wants them to do about this.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Suki and Rebecca gain +2 VP

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Sakuya gets frustrated as Becca swipes Robert out from under her nose. "Seems things just aren't working out for either of us, eh?" she says to Claire. "Want to repeat homecoming?" she asks.

Show

29. - Top - End - #419

RedKnightGirl

"Do you mean dancing together and forging a strong friendship? Or the strong homoromantic overtones?" Claire asked with a trembling smile. "Either way the answer is most definitely yes."

She had never gone to a live concert before. She had listened to music loudly before. She had gone to homecoming, which had had a DJ. But the live music, the sound blaring from the speaker, the physical vibrations of the instruments, the crowd surging around her. It had been... intoxicating. Claire realizes with some embarrassment that she might have actually let out a few screaming cheers, and has certainly been dancing vigorously enough others might think her a little too enthusiastic. On the other hand, perhaps she worried about things like that too much.

"I am definitely enjoying this far more than I believed I would," Claire added to share her own opinion on the concert. Was that... Claire decided not to bring any attention to it.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

"Um... Sure?" She was too annoyed with Becca right now to bother explaining that the simple act of two people dancing after both failing to gain the object of their affection did not necessarily mean that they had any romantic feelings toward one another. That only happens in cheeses romantic comedies and bad anime.

Show