New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Life and Times at East Marshall High - IC Thread II: A Song of Freaks and Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    "Unless the only way Rachel would consider this forgiven is if she killed you," Claire noted in a tone that could freeze a magma flow. "Greg. Stop this. All of this. It is stupid. Dress like you. Face the consequences if there are any. Then ignore Rachel entirely rather than rather creepily attempting to 'make it up to her'. She knows what happened. She will either forgive your or not. Invading her space can do nothing but scare and hurt her."

Greg should have been a rather valuable pawn since he was rather attracted to Claire. However Claire did not want to use him in that fashion. Not because she was against using people on occasion. It was just that using Greg seemed rather akin to using a bishop that had been dipped in lard. Possible. But incredibly distasteful.
    Greg opened his mouth to say something, but instead slumped over, "Yeah... I guess you're right. I can't stand living like this." He moved Claire aside, "I'm going to talk to John and accept my beating like a man!" He starts making his way over to John, Maya, and Molly.

Betty runs up to Claire and Jill, "W-what is he d-doing? I thought he was j-just going to r-read the poem and l-leave?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    "Sorry, I meant that I could find it for you if you want it." Molly waves as she and Becca move away, and then turns to talk to John. "Eh, I was just hoping to avoid the drama. Though yeah, Becca might be trying to bring it back up."
    John sighed, "Dammit, I just wanted her to have one night where she didn't have to think about all of this. I don't think I have to tell you that things haven't been going great for her since Homecoming. I-"

He glares angrily at Greg as he sees him approach, "Oh for the love of... I think it's time I ended this."

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Greg wants to know if there's anything he can do to make it up to you. I'm asking, because I'm not him. Obviously I understand if you can't forgive him. I just wanted to ask. Becca replied.
    Rachel appears to freak out for a second, "Oh God, he's not here, is he? Wait..." she turns to Becca, "He wants to make it up to me? I... I thought he'd be angry at me."

2. - Top - End - #452
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Life and Times at East Marshall High - IC Thread II: A Song of Freaks and Geeks

"That... I did not mean now. I just meant..." Claire began hesitantly as Greg marched over. That had not been her intention in the least. This could prove disastrous. But the two groups had seen each other. There was no real interfering in this scenario without the possibility of backlash. And... she did not want Greg more hurt at her. Nor Rachel to not like her anymore.

"I... Greg may have taken something I said and misconstrued my meaning," Claire replied absently to Betty, looking stunned. "To an extent. I am new to giving advice. I appear to be rather bad at it."

3. - Top - End - #453

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Greg opened his mouth to say something, but instead slumped over, "Yeah... I guess you're right. I can't stand living like this." He moved Claire aside, "I'm going to talk to John and accept my beating like a man!" He starts making his way over to John, Maya, and Molly.

Betty runs up to Claire and Jill, "W-what is he d-doing? I thought he was j-just going to r-read the poem and l-leave?!?"

John sighed, "Dammit, I just wanted her to have one night where she didn't have to think about all of this. I don't think I have to tell you that things haven't been going great for her since Homecoming. I-"

He glares angrily at Greg as he sees him approach, "Oh for the love of... I think it's time I ended this."

Rachel appears to freak out for a second, "Oh God, he's not here, is he? Wait..." she turns to Becca, "He wants to make it up to me? I... I thought he'd be angry at me."
    Maya sees that one coming and gets in the middle of it.

...Not here. This is Suki's debut concert. She'll never get to have another Stateside debut. Don't ruin it, either of you.

4. - Top - End - #454

Molly grabs at Maya as she moves between them, hissing in her ear, "Acts 3:19, Maya. Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out. If things go wrong, we can stop it then just as easily as we could stop it now, and we would have at least given Greg the chance to do the right thing."
    Last edited by DoctorFaust; 2015-03-08 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Forgot a bit
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Colossus in the Playground

Why would he be mad at you? Becca asked starting to get suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"That... I did not mean now. I just meant..." Claire began hesitantly as Greg marched over. That had not been her intention in the least. This could prove disastrous. But the two groups had seen each other. There was no real interfering in this scenario without the possibility of backlash. And... she did not want Greg more hurt at her. Nor Rachel to not like her anymore.

"I... Greg may have taken something I said and misconstrued my meaning," Claire replied absently to Betty, looking stunned. "To an extent. I am new to giving advice. I appear to be rather bad at it."
    "No ****," Betty says, "He's gonna get himself k-killed! That i-idiot!"

Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    Maya sees that one coming and gets in the middle of it.

...Not here. This is Suki's debut concert. She'll never get to have another Stateside debut. Don't ruin it, either of you.
    John tenses up, buts gives a small nod to Maya, "Alright. I'll try not to cause a scene. But if he threatens Rachel..."

Greg walks up to John, who in an instant somehow manages to look way more menacing, even from the back. "Uh, hey..." Greg says, "I... um, I want to say... I want to say that I'm really sorry for what I did. I really didn't mean for things to... well, to get that bad. I'm not sure if Rachel even wants to see me or not, but... I want to try and make it up to her somehow, if I can. If not, I promise I'll leave you alone." He flinches as he says the next part, "And... and if you want to beat me up or something in revenge, I totally get it. And won't resist."

John glared at Greg for a long time, "I... this wasn't what I was expecting. I might let you leave here with your spine intact for that." He then looks over his shoulder at Maya and Molly, "What do you think girls? Should I hurt him a lot or a little?" He gives the two of them a wink with the eye Greg can't see.

Why would he be mad at you? Becca asked starting to get suspicious.
    "Well... he did get suspended over what he did." Rachel said, rubbing her arm, "I figure that would be enough motivation to try and get revenge. Plus, I heard he's crazy, that he did it all for Claire, who I hadn't even met at that point. I thought..." She shook her head, "Nevermind. Unless he can get somehow get rid of the... the scars... I just want him to leave me alone. That's it."
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2015-03-08 at 09:28 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457

RedKnightGirl

"I do not believe any of the group possesses blades or fire arms. And this is a public venue with security. The worst that will happen is he must spend several months hospitalized," Claire noted absently as she still stood rooted to the spot. "That said even that scenario is worrisome. I do not worry about Greg. I do not think Rachel would condone violence against him. I do however worry that him openly approaching Rachel could scare or traumatize her however. The odds of violence is about one in five. There is then a two in five chance of Rachel being hurt and just getting out of here. Then a two in five chance it results in a peaceful resolution where no-one is hurt. I do not like this."

Normally she wouldn't say all of this aloud. But her filter was completely broken by the same force that kept her rooted in place. Just shock, surprise, and fear. She hated being out of control. Whenever something unexpected happened she just shut down. She tried to avoid it happening, but this was... beyond her.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Robert blinked, then blushed a bit, "Um, wow, that was fast. See, I actually came here to, uh, try and sort that out. I mean, these past couple of weeks I haven't had the easiest time telling what you thought about me. I was starting to think you hated me, you know, since I've tended to tick you off so often. And, well, I want to try and avoid doing that in the future, y'know?"

You should probably put more thought into what you say then. I have gone out of my way to do things for you, but you dismiss it like I have done nothing. And the fact that you so easily ignore me in favor of the others...

Suki looks up at Robert. Tell me, Robert... Do you like me?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #459

Becca pats her shoulder I respect your decision. How are you doing? She adds.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #460

Jill interrupts Claire by gripping her shoulders firmly and looking her straight in the eye. "Claire!" she says firmly, shaking her friend slightly, "you are being a computer right now, and you need to snap out of it." She takes a deep breath and lets go. "Don't worry, okay? Nothing bad is going to happen. If John tries to do anything to Greg, everyone else will stop him. And if he doesn't, Greg gets to apologize, no harm done. See? It's all good, no need to panic."

11. - Top - End - #461

RedKnightGirl

Huh? She was... Claire blinked in surprise. She was at the concert. Right. There was more to the entirety of existence then what had just happened. She had other emotions other than fear and indecision. She was a functioning human being.

"I... apologize. That was insensitive," Claire replies sincerely.

12. - Top - End - #462

Jill sighs regretfully. "No, sweetie" she says, leaning in to hug Claire gently. "It wasn't insensitive, that's not what I meant. It just didn't seem to be helping you feel better about the situation, so I thought you should stop. Are you okay now?"

13. - Top - End - #463

RedKnightGirl

The problem has not resolved as of yet. As such I still feel a great amount of uncertainty and fear regarding the matter. As the situation has not change neither has my state of mind.

..is what she should have said. It did not make any sense to be feeling better when things had not progressed. None the less... "Yes. I... believe I am," Claire replied softly, feeling Jill's hug. Hesitating before returning it.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Becca pats her shoulder I respect your decision. How are you doing? She adds.
    "Thanks," Rachel says with a smile, "Better now. I've been holding up, but... it doesn't help that I got kicked off the cheerleading squad. Or that I've been paranoid of a reprisal. Knowing the truth though... actually helps."

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax
    You should probably put more thought into what you say then. I have gone out of my way to do things for you, but you dismiss it like I have done nothing. And the fact that you so easily ignore me in favor of the others...

Suki looks up at Robert. Tell me, Robert... Do you like me?
    "Yeah, I get that quite a bit," Robert says, "And it's not like I don't appreciate what you've done. I do, really. I just... well, I'm not the best with tact. Or timing. And I'm sorry that I made you feel unappreciated, and I'll try to change that in the future."

He smiles at her second question, "Yeah, I like you. You're a pretty good friend. When you're not angry at me, that is. And hey, Becca seems pretty happy around you too." He frowns, "Did you think I hated you?"
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2015-03-08 at 10:19 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465

Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Becca replied sympathetic.

16. - Top - End - #466

"Okay, good" Jill replies, more genuinely relieved than she would have expected, giving Claire one last tight squeeze before letting go. "And besides, even if the others do have to pull John off Greg, it won't do anything to the concert. If anything, it'll get Suki even more publicity. No such thing as bad press."
    She glances over her shoulder towards the door, suddenly finding it warm in the auditorium, even without her hoodie--though that may have something to do with the recent close proximity to Claire's breasts. "I'm gonna step outside for a second, it's kinda hot in here." Stepping out through the doorway, she suddenly remembers the other person she should be helping feel better--she sticks her head back inside, searching around for Becca, but her best friend is nowhere to be found. Frowning, she pulls out her phone and hastily composes a text. I dont think Suki likes Rob more than you. and dont say its not a surprise. I still love you more than anyone. talk to me later or at least call?

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Suki sighed. It wasn't the answer she wanted. Though, she had to admit to herself that she wasn't even sure what answer she did want.

Hate me? No. Resent me a little? Maybe.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #468

Molly gives John a small nod and a wicked smile. "Oh, I don't know. A little might not teach him his lesson. But too much might end up sticking him in the hospital. Maybe a middle-ish amount." She clicks the toes of her boots together. "I can always help you if you lie."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

19. - Top - End - #469

Becca texts a quick message.

I can talk later, talking to Rachel right now, and making sure she's okay. Why didn't anyone tell me she was here?

20. - Top - End - #470

Jill responds immediately, you and Suki were backstage and I figured you wanted to be left alone. didnt want to intrude. sorry. come find me when youre free. <3

21. - Top - End - #471

Quote Originally Posted by Amaril View Post
    Jill responds immediately, you and Suki were backstage and I figured you wanted to be left alone. didnt want to intrude. sorry. come find me when youre free. <3
    We're not dating dear, I've said that a dozen times. And I will. :)

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorFaust View Post
    Molly gives John a small nod and a wicked smile. "Oh, I don't know. A little might not teach him his lesson. But too much might end up sticking him in the hospital. Maybe a middle-ish amount." She clicks the toes of her boots together. "I can always help you if you lie."
    John gave her a wicked grin right back, "Oh, now that sounds like it'd be fun." He turned back to face Greg, "Hear that, punk? Sounds like we may have ourselves a bit of a tag-team beatdown here." He cracked his knuckles for emphasis. Greg looked like he was about to piss himself.

He turned to face Claire in order to try and steel himself.

Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Becca replied sympathetic.
    "Don't be," Rachel said coldly, "It was horrible at first, but I'm starting to realize that was a toxic place for me to be. I just wish they weren't so callous and superficial about doing it, you know?"

Betty seems to materialize behind Jill, "C-can't watch either, huh? It l-looks like G-Greg's going to get his b-b-butt kicked."

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Suki sighed. It wasn't the answer she wanted. Though, she had to admit to herself that she wasn't even sure what answer she did want.

Hate me? No. Resent me a little? Maybe.
    "Well, let me clear things up right now then: I don't resent you. Sure, we have issues, but what friendship doesn't? I want to make what we have work, and I don't want you to think that I don't care about you or your feelings."

Wow, this was coming off way more romantic than he intended.

23. - Top - End - #473

RedKnightGirl

Jill was gone. That fact should not have felt as sad as it did. Still there was the matter to resolve at hand. Greg seemed to be wanting support. Should she give it? She hadn't intended him to confront things like this, but on the other hand now that he was...

Claire gave a small smile of comfort. Wait. This was Greg. She also stretched herself to show off her bust somewhat. If she truly was going to be beaten then Greg deserved a small amount of what he desired from her.

24. - Top - End - #474

Jill starts and hurriedly puts her phone away. "Whoa, hey, how long have you been standing there?" She glances back towards the door and shrugs unconcernedly. "Ah, you guys are worrying too much, he'll be fine. John doesn't strike me as the type to actually hurt him, just the type you'd expect to. And even if he tries, Greg's fast. He'll get away." She chuckles, glancing thoughtfully up at the sky. "How are things with you? Now I think about it, we haven't really hung out a lot yet."

25. - Top - End - #475

"Don't be," Rachel said coldly, "It was horrible at first, but I'm starting to realize that was a toxic place for me to be. I just wish they weren't so callous and superficial about doing it, you know?"
    Well every cloud has it's silver lining. Times like this you know who you're real friends are. Becca replied.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Jill was gone. That fact should not have felt as sad as it did. Still there was the matter to resolve at hand. Greg seemed to be wanting support. Should she give it? She hadn't intended him to confront things like this, but on the other hand now that he was...

Claire gave a small smile of comfort. Wait. This was Greg. She also stretched herself to show off her bust somewhat. If she truly was going to be beaten then Greg deserved a small amount of what he desired from her.
    Greg seemed to get a surge of confidence from this, and gave Claire a thumbs-up. He then turned back towards John, "A-alright... if you think that's fair, I'll let you do it. Just please get it over with."

John raised a brow, "So, you're not gonna run then?"

Greg shook his head and stood his ground, though his knees were trembling.

John made a big show of looking like he was hesitating, before sighing and dropping his arms, "Ah man, it's no fun if you just stand there and let me beat you up. Tell you what, I'll accept your apology and let you off with a warning this time." He leans in close and growls, "But if you ever hurt Rachel again, there will be hell to pay, you got that?"

Greg nods. "Good, then run off before I change my mind. NOW!"

Greg sprinted off with his tail between his legs. John waited until Greg was out of sight, then turned back towards Maya and Molly with a grin on his face, "Oh man, did you see that? I was almost certain the poor guy was gonna faint! That was awesome!"

Quote Originally Posted by Amaril View Post
    Jill starts and hurriedly puts her phone away. "Whoa, hey, how long have you been standing there?" She glances back towards the door and shrugs unconcernedly. "Ah, you guys are worrying too much, he'll be fine. John doesn't strike me as the type to actually hurt him, just the type you'd expect to. And even if he tries, Greg's fast. He'll get away." She chuckles, glancing thoughtfully up at the sky. "How are things with you? Now I think about it, we haven't really hung out a lot yet."
    "N-no we haven't, b-because Robert barely t-talks to me at school," Betty says a little bitterly, "He's always b-busy with all of y-you..." She puts her hand to her mouth and frowns, "I'm sorry... I... I know it's not your f-f-fault."

Well every cloud has it's silver lining. Times like this you know who you're real friends are. Becca replied.
    Rachel smiles, "Yeah... you know, I'm glad I met you, Rebecca. Even though our first meeting wasn't really flattering."

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, let me clear things up right now then: I don't resent you. Sure, we have issues, but what friendship doesn't? I want to make what we have work, and I don't want you to think that I don't care about you or your feelings."

Wow, this was coming off way more romantic than he intended.

Crap. I really am a part of his harem, aren't I... Is it getting warm back here?

I... Uhh. I... Don't get me wrong. It's nice having friends who don't care about your celebrity. But, errm... I... Uhh. I mean, don't get the wrong idea! I don't like you like that! And I am definitely not hanging onto your every word Robert Hartwell!

And with a blushing face turning scarlet from embarrassment, Suki slams the door in Roberts face.

Before he can react, the door opens again, and Suki leaps at him, hugging the still startled boy.

And the door slams in his face again.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2015-03-08 at 11:58 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #478

Greg seemed to get a surge of confidence from this, and gave Claire a thumbs-up. He then turned back towards John, "A-alright... if you think that's fair, I'll let you do it. Just please get it over with."

John raised a brow, "So, you're not gonna run then?"

Greg shook his head and stood his ground, though his knees were trembling.

John made a big show of looking like he was hesitating, before sighing and dropping his arms, "Ah man, it's no fun if you just stand there and let me beat you up. Tell you what, I'll accept your apology and let you off with a warning this time." He leans in close and growls, "But if you ever hurt Rachel again, there will be hell to pay, you got that?"

Greg nods. "Good, then run off before I change my mind. NOW!"

Greg sprinted off with his tail between his legs. John waited until Greg was out of sight, then turned back towards Maya and Molly with a grin on his face, "Oh man, did you see that? I was almost certain the poor guy was gonna faint! That was awesome!"
    I'm very proud of you, John. Not only will he probably leave Rachel alone for good, but you've proved yourself the bigger man on the inside as well as on the outside. Well done. Very well done.

She could've put that in religious terms, but nobody seemed to like those...not even Molly, who somehow managed to quote Acts off the top of her head. That was startling. She'd earned some respect points today too.

29. - Top - End - #479

"No, hey, it's okay...it kind of is our fault, really" Jill admits. "I mean, we all kinda have been doing our best to monopolize his time, myself included. And I've been feeling bad about it a lot, 'cause this isn't the first time it's led to someone else I care about being hurt, or me not being there when they needed me." She turns to look directly at Betty. "I don't want any of my friends to feel like I don't care about them, 'cause I do--that includes you. I really don't want to contribute to keeping Rob from paying attention to you, I promise. I just...I tend to get kind of obsessive about romance, enough that it makes me do stupid stuff. But I know it's not cool, and I try as hard as I can to notice when that's happening and be less of an idiot." She suddenly feels profoundly awkward, unsure of where the outpouring had come from. "Ah, I'm sorry, you don't want to hear all that stuff. Jeez, I dunno what's up with me. Please feel free to ignore my emotional gushing."

30. - Top - End - #480

Aw, thank you. I'm glad I met you as well. Becca beamed.