New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Life and Times at East Marshall High - IC Thread II: A Song of Freaks and Geeks

Sakuya considers getting Becca, but given that she was leading part of the argument, decided it would be better that the others do so. "I'm going to get something to drink for everyone..." In truth, she was also curious about the guests that were so important. Maybe she could let her father know that the one he thought was a good kid also started an argument that sent one of the other girls out and probably made Becca cry. Then again, he likely would not empathize much, simply assuming it would toughen her up... Nah, not worth the extra drama.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Life and Times at East Marshall High - IC Thread II: A Song of Freaks and Geeks

Quote Originally Posted by Amaril View Post
    Jill hears the sound of the sink and notices Becca's absence at the same time as Claire. "Aw, no, I'll be back guys." Following the noise of the water, she pursues Becca through the house. "Hey, sweetie, are you okay? Please talk to me..." she calls from outside the bathroom door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Suki passes by the bathroom on her way out of the house. Hearing the sink just running, Suki takes a guess as to what is happening.

<Becca-chan, are you alright? Can I come in?>
    Yeah, yeah. Come on in, just getting a drink. Becca replied sounding a bit aggravated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Suki opens the door.

Becca-chan, I'm sorry we ruined your game.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

4. - Top - End - #184

Suki opens the door.

Becca-chan, I'm sorry we ruined your game.
    Becca seems to have a few tears, but not flat out crying.

You didn't ruin the game, Miss Houlier then thou, I'm going to quote bible verses. Did. Becca said annoyed.

I should have done my first instinct which was call whoever is in charge of child labor laws. CPS, because her parents should not be okay with her working at charities all hours of the day. It'd be for her own good. Her voice is steadily rising.
    Last edited by Illven; 2015-02-27 at 03:58 PM.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, Becca. I am sorry. Don't call anyone though, it won't do any good. Besides, with her current list of good deeds in the community, I am sure the police won't take anything we say too seriously. This was only one game, where we had to construct things according to rules. Why not get even with her with a game that has a different set of rules. There was this guy on my staff, a nice quiet otaku type. Kenji, he taught me a hole bunch of games to while away the long train rides across Japan. And one that stuck out in my mind was this... Power Gridu, where you form conglomerates and shut people out of areas of development.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jill holds up a forestalling hand at Suki's suggestion. "Guys, as much as I do think Maya was being an ass here--and you're right, Becca, she absolutely was--I don't think revenge is gonna solve things any better. But Suki's right, we shouldn't call CPS on her either, especially not just because she's being the aforementioned ass." She leans over to give Becca a hug. "And please don't feel like the whole game was ruined, sweetie. I had tons of fun, regardless of the end, and I think everybody else did too."

7. - Top - End - #187

Oh, Becca. I am sorry. Don't call anyone though, it won't do any good. Besides, with her current list of good deeds in the community, I am sure the police won't take anything we say too seriously. This was only one game, where we had to construct things according to rules. Why not get even with her with a game that has a different set of rules. There was this guy on my staff, a nice quiet otaku type. Kenji, he taught me a hole bunch of games to while away the long train rides across Japan. And one that stuck out in my mind was this... Power Gridu, where you form conglomerates and shut people out of areas of development.
    Because she's smarter then me. Alot of people are. Becca replied.

Jill holds up a forestalling hand at Suki's suggestion. "Guys, as much as I do think Maya was being an ass here--and you're right, Becca, she absolutely was--I don't think revenge is gonna solve things any better. But Suki's right, we shouldn't call CPS on her either, especially not just because she's being the aforementioned ass." She leans over to give Becca a hug. "And please don't feel like the whole game was ruined, sweetie. I had tons of fun, regardless of the end, and I think everybody else did too."
    I just can't stand it when she goes all quoting the bible. I know it's unfair and not responsible, but still. Becca replied.

8. - Top - End - #188

"Hey, I totally feel you there" Jill agrees, letting go of Becca for the moment. "You know how much I hate when religious people do that." She gives her friend a smile that she hopes is sympathetic and encouraging. "And I know you're sick of hearing this from me, but you are absolutely smart and your parents are f***wads for telling you otherwise. Please don't let them get you down, or Maya."

9. - Top - End - #189

"Hey, I totally feel you there" Jill agrees, letting go of Becca for the moment. "You know how much I hate when religious people do that." She gives her friend a smile that she hopes is sympathetic and encouraging. "And I know you're sick of hearing this from me, but you are absolutely smart and your parents are f***wads for telling you otherwise. Please don't let them get you down, or Maya."
    I don't believe that, you know that. Becca replied.

10. - Top - End - #190

Meanwhile, Maya had been contemplating. Is she in the wrong here? She'd hoped to win initiative and neutralize the dragon before anyone else moved, but that's now how it played out. She rolled pretty bad on initiative, and then the flow of battle had her casting other spells up till the fateful moment.

Come to think of it, she probably did kill steal. And...even she was subject to sin. Nobody is perfect. Least of all her. She tries to do well, but...every human being has faults. It's the nature of being human. Did she show off? Perhaps even on purpose?

...I have sinned. I'm sorry.

11. - Top - End - #191

Jill gives Becca an unblinking look. "Well I do, and you'll never get me to change my mind."

12. - Top - End - #192

Jill gives Becca an unblinking look. "Well I do, and you'll never get me to change my mind."
    I just ****ed up right now. That dragon was too high a CR for you to fight. Becca replied.

13. - Top - End - #193

Jill reaches over again to rest her hand on Becca's shoulder. "We all do stuff like that, sweetie. And we did win the encounter, so it couldn't have been that bad."

14. - Top - End - #194

Maya, having concluded she did, in fact, sin, went to seek out Becca...and found her and some other in the bathroom.

I've sinned, I'm sorry. Showing off seems to be a struggle I've not overcome as thoroughly as I thought I did.

15. - Top - End - #195

RedKnightGirl

She had sinned? "According to a fair amount of the clergy you sinned just by playing Dungeons and Dragons," Claire noted. "It... oh," she began before Maya left the room. It seemed like everyone was leaving. Should she leave too? Or would it be rude to do so? Should she go with the others or was it considered rude to interrupt?

Feeling unsure as to the social ramifications of any action she might take Claire instead decided on no action. Instead she sat down and began to doodle the men of their party making out. ...yesssssssss.

16. - Top - End - #196

Jill tries to stay calm, she really does, but at the sound of Maya's voice, she can no longer help herself. Her eyes narrow as she rounds on the other girl. "Oh would you give it a f***ing rest with all the religious bullcrap for just one f***ing second? Can you really not just apologize for screwing up without it being a sin? Here we are telling you it's not cool to pull all this holier-than-thou bulls*** to justify hurting Becca, and then you go and do the exact same ****ing thing trying to apologize? Or should I say trying to boost your ego further, because don't pretend that's not what you're doing with this. The least you could do is show a little f***ing contrition and just apologize because what you did was not okay, not 'cause God told you to and if God wills it then you will carry it out."

17. - Top - End - #197

Jill reaches over again to rest her hand on Becca's shoulder. "We all do stuff like that, sweetie. And we did win the encounter, so it couldn't have been that bad."
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelalex242 View Post
    Maya, having concluded she did, in fact, sin, went to seek out Becca...and found her and some other in the bathroom.

I've sinned, I'm sorry. Showing off seems to be a struggle I've not overcome as thoroughly as I thought I did.
    Right now, I'm really not in the mood to hear a I sinned. If you want to say I ****ed up, I screwed up, I shouldn't have done that, sure. I sinned, not right now. Becca replied.

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Right now, I'm really not in the mood to hear a I sinned. If you want to say I ****ed up, I screwed up, I shouldn't have done that, sure. I sinned, not right now. Becca replied.
    ...Fine. I messed up. I was wrong. It's just...hard to admit it.

19. - Top - End - #199

...Fine. I messed up. I was wrong. It's just...hard to admit it.
    Maya. Everyone screws up. Becca replied.

20. - Top - End - #200

Maya. Everyone screws up. Becca replied.
    ...I try very hard not to. To be better then that. But...yes, you're right. Everyone screws up. I just...try to do it less.

21. - Top - End - #201

Jill starts a little at Maya's more genuine apology; at Becca's reply, she visibly deflates. "Yeah, I kinda just proved that now, I guess" she says with a sigh. "Sorry I flew off the handle. I know you're being sincere."

22. - Top - End - #202

I try to do it less as well. Becca replied.

23. - Top - End - #203

I try to do it less as well. Becca replied.
    Trying is all we can do. Nobody's perfect.

...It didn't sound like anybody would appreciate hearing about the exceptions to that at the moment. Which wasn't her anyway, so it didn't matter.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Robert peers over at what Claire's drawing, then quickly pulls back, "Um, I'm going to go check on Becca and the others." He stands up and begins to walk out, but is stopped by Mr. Himura. His face is red with anger.

"What. Did. You. Do." he growls.

Robert shook, "U-uh, sir this i-isn't what you think, honest..."

"You come into MY house as a guest of my daughters, who have been nothing but kind to you, and you repay them by driving Rebecca to tears? How dare you!"

"B-but sir, I was just going to-"

"ENOUGH." Mr. Himura snapped at Robert, "Pack your stuff, I want you out of my house now. And take her with you," he pointed at Claire, "You brought her here, you leave with her."

And with that, Mr. Himura left to try and find his daughters again, leaving Robert and Claire alone in the den.

25. - Top - End - #205

RedKnightGirl

"It will be interesting to see how he reacts when he does locate Becca and she explains the situation," Claire notes as she continues drawing. Despite being commanded to leave it would be significantly more rude to do so and not say goodbye to the others than it would be to simply ignore Becca's Father's request. She suspected anyway.

"Are you going to concede to his demands? Or will you stay here a little longer?" Claire had to ask Robert distractedly. Those muscles glistened so appealingly... it would look hot if they embraced like... ooooo she liked...
    Last edited by Anubis Dread; 2015-02-27 at 08:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Yelling that loud was easily overheard.

...No, he's blaming the wrong one. This is my fault. I need to intercept your dad before starts blaming any other innocent people.

Maya went to find Mr. Himura before anything else went wrong. Tracking him down..

I'm afraid this was my fault. Don't blame Robert or Claire for my wrongdoing.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

(Since he would have bumped into Sakuya going in opposite directions)
    Seeing her dad red faced, Sakuya lowers her head. "Father, I mean no disrespect, but it was Maya who did this, not Robert. He's been too nervous today to say much of anything, let alone drive one of us to tears." She stays still, hoping her response would be heeded.

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

For the entire conversation, Suki just holds onto her friend. She knows the power of hugs, and aims to prove she can give as good as she gets.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post
    "It will be interesting to see how he reacts when he does locate Becca and she explains the situation," Claire notes as she continues drawing. Despite being commanded to leave it would be significantly more rude to do so and not say goodbye to the others than it would be to simply ignore Becca's Father's request. She suspected anyway.

"Are you going to concede to his demands? Or will you stay here a little longer?" Claire had to ask Robert distractedly. Those muscles glistened so appealingly... it would look hot if they embraced like... ooooo she liked...
    Robert sighed as he started packing up, "Honestly, I don't know. I'm not going to leave without at least saying goodbye to Becca, though. Poor girl... this was not a good night for her."

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    (Since he would have bumped into Sakuya going in opposite directions)
    Seeing her dad red faced, Sakuya lowers her head. "Father, I mean no disrespect, but it was Maya who did this, not Robert. He's been too nervous today to say much of anything, let alone drive one of us to tears." She stays still, hoping her response would be heeded.
    Mr. Himura listen to Sakuya, still seething, "Really? So he and that... girl he brought didn't do it? Then who did?"

Yelling that loud was easily overheard.

...No, he's blaming the wrong one. This is my fault. I need to intercept your dad before starts blaming any other innocent people.

Maya went to find Mr. Himura before anything else went wrong. Tracking him down..

I'm afraid this was my fault. Don't blame Robert or Claire for my wrongdoing.
    Mr. Himura turned to glare at Maya, "You? How could someone like you..." He furrowed his brow, "...I see what's going on here. You two are trying to cover for that boy because you like him, aren't you?"

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"No, that is not what is happening. Maya's actions started an argument mid-game. Becca went off to calm down rather than contribute to the fighting. As I said, Robert did nothing. There's no more to it than that."
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2015-02-27 at 11:25 PM.

Show