New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Bleach X: Deicide (this time for real)

Bleach (blēch)
    Spoiler: definition
    Show

v. bleached, bleach·ing, bleach·es
    v.tr.

1. a. To remove the color from, as by means of chemical agents or sunlight: Over time, the exposure to sunlight bleached the rug in front of the window.
      b. To make white or colorless: Dawn bleached the mountains.
    2. To whiten by causing the death or expulsion of algal symbionts from (coral).

v.intr.
    1. To act as or use a bleach.
    2. To become white as a result of the loss of algal symbionts, usually following an environmental stress such as increased water temperature. Used of coral.

n.
    1. A chemical agent used for bleaching.

a. The act of bleaching.
      b. The degree of bleaching obtained.
    2. A Shōnen weekly manga written and illustrated by Tite Kubo, which follows the adventures of Kurosagi Ichigo.

Spoiler: Previously on Bleach
    Show
    Ichigo attempts to save them all, fails, and dooms them all! To be continued! Dun Dun Dun. He also killed Soul King the titular god of that place, hence the title.

Bleach IX:This isn't even my final thread!
    Bleach VIII: ...All along...
    Bleach VII: "Ichigo, you're a [scrubbed]."

Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)
    Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)
    Bleach IV: Swords, Stains & Donuts (Problem, Ichigo?)
    Since When Were You Under The Impression There Wasn't a Bleach III?
    Bleach II: I can't believe its not Butterflaizen!
    the first thread still eludes me, sadlyBleach: (Formerly Gin Speculation, now general) (Spoilers)
    Last edited by -D-; 2015-02-17 at 06:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach X: Deicide (this time for real)

Yay. My suggestion won.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Yay. My suggestion won.
    Funny enough I still read it sometimes as Decide.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey, I'll repost what I said last time here, since I got no responses. Maybe nobody wanted to respond... in which case, feel free to not respond again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be pretty unhappy if Bleach pulls a Matrix. Or whatever.

Also the thought hit me... Yhwach said, according to the version I read, ``The Soul King was created by Soul Society to bring stability to the staggering, chaotic mass of traffic caused by souls traveling in and out! Now that he's gone, SS will return to its former existence.'' Along with everything else (except maybe Hell, as pointed out).

But if it just returns to how it was before he was there, it's not like it'll be obliterated. I mean, earlier it sounded like everything will unravel. Now it sounds like it's going to return to an earlier, more chaotic state, but in that earlier state SS was able to create the SK to bring stability. So uhh, not a total loss?
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Hey, I'll repost what I said last time here, since I got no responses. Maybe nobody wanted to respond... in which case, feel free to not respond again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also the thought hit me... Yhwach said, according to the version I read, ``The Soul King was created by Soul Society to bring stability to the staggering, chaotic mass of traffic caused by souls traveling in and out! Now that he's gone, SS will return to its former existence.'' Along with everything else (except maybe Hell, as pointed out).

But if it just returns to how it was before he was there, it's not like it'll be obliterated. I mean, earlier it sounded like everything will unravel. Now it sounds like it's going to return to an earlier, more chaotic state, but in that earlier state SS was able to create the SK to bring stability. So uhh, not a total loss?
    Ah, sorry, didn't notice that.

I'll have to wait until I hear what the official translation for the line says, because my version said he created the Soul Society, while yours is the opposite. So...it'll be interesting to see which is which!

But yeah, if the series pulls an "everyone is dead, Dave" type twist, that'll be kind of awful, but also I think a really interesting twist.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, I'd be pretty strongly upset if they do that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That kind of twist would feel lame and a copout.

I interpreted that as Soul King building the town, so that might get destroyed as well. I don't think the ENITRE world will unravel.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I think it means 'chaotic' as in 'primordial chaos'. All that will be left would be a great expanse of ghost-hydrogen, with who knows how long before another Soul King appeared to re-order it. What that would mean for the normal world which isn't made of spirit matter is an interesting question. Of course, my attempts at guessing Bleach haven't gone very well before...

Basically, the way I see it is everthing spiritual will unravel to the point of just being atomic particles: there will still be something there, but practically, everything is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ah, sorry, didn't notice that.

I'll have to wait until I hear what the official translation for the line says, because my version said he created the Soul Society, while yours is the opposite. So...it'll be interesting to see which is which!

But yeah, if the series pulls an "everyone is dead, Dave" type twist, that'll be kind of awful, but also I think a really interesting twist.
    Spoiler: everybody is actually dead. They're all ghosts.

.... I'm still not sure how the reincarnation cycle works, actually. People die in the mundane world and travel to Soul Society intact in mind and body or become Hollows and move to Hueco Munedo. Souls can be fully converted to Shingami or Quincies. When any of these die, they apparently are reborn back in the mundane world, but we never see any evidence of this: no leftover memories, no powers from a previous life. Then there's the fact that people can be born in SS, and that Hell is said to be a place where the evil are contained forever, Yhwach's soul-eating everything and the whole thing becomes hopelessly confused.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    I think it means 'chaotic' as in 'primordial chaos'. All that will be left would be a great expanse of ghost-hydrogen, with who knows how long before another Soul King appeared to re-order it. What that would mean for the normal world which isn't made of spirit matter is an interesting question.
    I think we are seeing what happens to the material world at the start of the latest chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The material world is suffering an extended earthquake. Will the whole planet shake apart?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I think we are seeing what happens to the material world at the start of the latest chapter.
    Fool! Everyone knows only material world is Japan! And it's been shaking for some time now. DUN DUN DUN.

10. - Top - End - #10

Fullbring is Hollow Powers, and Hollow Powers are representations of one's heart's desire, yes?

So if a Fullbringer really really really wanted to be a fictional character, would their Fullbring be similar the abilities of that character?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Hollow's are souls that have LOST their hearts, not their hearts desire. Hollow related powers absorb spiritual energy around them in some way to be used by the person that absorbed it.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Hollow's are souls that have LOST their hearts, not their hearts desire. Hollow related powers absorb spiritual energy around them in some way to be used by the person that absorbed it.
    Hollows don't lose their hearts.

The Hollow's heart just takes a new form-the Mask.

Hollow Powers, and by extension, Fullbring, come from the heart. Explicitly. Reread the lost Agent Arc.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

What I don't get is what Bach will get from this. Does he plan to remake the world? Why? And with how? Because as I remember it, the reishi he took from the humans still came from the Soul King. With his death, everything he created are implied to be in the brink of destruction/inexistence.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

14. - Top - End - #14

He's a Super Powered Sociopath with a God Complex who just killed God. He has the power to omnomnom things he kills and thus gain their power. What do you think he gains from it?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

He's a Super Powered Sociopath with a God Complex who just killed God. He has the power to omnomnom things he kills and thus gain their power. What do you think he gains from it?
    Depends on if what you omnomnom suddenly disappears into oblivion. At least from the way I understood the consequences of SK's death
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Depends on if what you omnomnom suddenly disappears into oblivion. At least from the way I understood the consequences of SK's death
    Chances are he just omnomnomed the soul king.

Meaning he could, um, take the Soul Kings place once the world reverts to the primal Chaos.

Meaning he could upgrade from "Super Powered Sociopath who thinks he's God" to "Super Powered Sociopath that is God".

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Chances are he just omnomnomed the soul king.

Meaning he could, um, take the Soul Kings place once the world reverts to the primal Chaos.

Meaning he could upgrade from "Super Powered Sociopath who thinks he's God" to "Super Powered Sociopath that is God".
    But it's exactly the God Complex being an end in itself that I don't get, and I don't exactly know the perks of being a God aside from possibly shaping the world the way you want it. And that's also assuming that there is even a "primal Chaos" composed of reishi or what-have-you to shape anyway.

18. - Top - End - #18

He's a Sociopath with a God Complex.

Becoming God literally, means he goes from being crazy to being legitimate, and Sociopaths tend to get off on the power, so if he takes the Soul King's Place, he effectively becomes the most powerful thing there is.

He doesn't need a motivation to kill and nom the Soul King beyond "his existence proves my delusions wrong".

His refering to the Soul King as Father might not even mean anything.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah, I get that. Just figured that Ywhach was far more entertaining when it seems the arc was about "Quincies vs Shinigamis", instead of Ywhach turning out to be another Aizen except with a 'stache that has a disturbingly high growth rate (seriously, I'd pay good money to know the secret).

20. - Top - End - #20

The Soul King is Bach's Dad, so maybe he's trying to ascend to god hood?

21. - Top - End - #21

One thing that wasn't mentioned in this thread so far, is it seems he wanted revenge pretty badly. Maybe he has no intention of/can't take the place of SK. Just wanted his revenge regardless of the fact (?) that everything was crumble.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

One thing that wasn't mentioned in this thread so far, is it seems he wanted revenge pretty badly. Maybe he has no intention of/can't take the place of SK. Just wanted his revenge regardless of the fact (?) that everything was crumble.
    Well, the "quincy vs shinigami" I mentioned seems to be that at face value. I hoped Kubo built up on that more instead.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, this was...not what I was expecting to say the least. Except for the last part, but I think a lot of people were expecting that to happen some time soon.

24. - Top - End - #24

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if the main event was foreshadowed. The end we saw coming, but that Mimihagi-sama stuff? Other than that one panel recently, I didn't see this coming at all. Feels like an ass-pull.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. that was actually a pretty nice chapter this week.

Liked where the plot is headed even though its hard to see where :P
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    I wonder if the main event was foreshadowed. The end we saw coming, but that Mimihagi-sama stuff? Other than that one panel recently, I didn't see this coming at all. Feels like an ass-pull.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty sure plenty of people are already speculating on Ukitake doing something with the Soul King with Kamikake, so this chapter is more of confirmations than twists. You can't go wrong on something translatable as"God Bet" having a relation to the SK.Most speculation is that Ukitake will be the Soul King, or his vessel. The Mimihagi part was the slight change.
    EDIT: can't remember if those speculations are on this forum, though. I'm on multiple bleach threads but those appeared at least on three threads/forums.

Still liked the visual, though. Mimihagi's eye reminded me of Prismo (for those who know) for some reason.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2015-02-19 at 08:53 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Spoiler
    Show
    So, Ulitake's illness and coffing was because his parents sacrificed his lungs to a minor god to keep him alive from a deadlier illness? Did I read that right?

And now Ukitake scarified the rest of his organs to merge with that god, hoping that their combined self will be able to take the Soul Kings place?

And Head Captain Alchy has gone to speak with Aizen...

Well, what are the chances that "Ichigo becomes the new Soul King" will be jossed?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a 100% asspull, we've never heard of this before that I'm aware.

Also, Captain Eyepatch has his eyepatch on in that scene. It really does seem like Kubo just...FORGOT to put his eyepatch on.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Part of me gets the feeling that this was all planned ahead of time. Or more likely a contingency plan. And Hat & Clogs got caught flat footed for once.

30. - Top - End - #30

So the official english translation says that the Spirit King was created to stabilize the worlds...so yeah, that's interesting. Especially considering today's chapter.

Kubo do you even care anymore?