New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach X: Deicide (this time for real)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why are people acting like losing a limb is a life threatening injury in Bleach? Only reason the Head Captain didn't get his arm fixed up was stubborn pride. And Mayuri seemed to paralyze Kenpachi, not kill him.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't think anyone's treating it like that, just that most of us are just...really bored with Bleach. I don't speak for everyone, but for me we're now at the point of the arc where it's starting to drag on.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't think anyone's treating it like that, just that most of us are just...really bored with Bleach. I don't speak for everyone, but for me we're now at the point of the arc where it's starting to drag on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's been dragging for me ever since Aizen invaded the Karakura Town. Mostly because Kubo doesn't want to resolve character arcs and then introduces new characters and promptly forgets them. I'm one of those cursed people that when they start something, they keep at it until it's finished or the author quits. Which is why I didn't want to keep on the Naruto Gaiden, but that's besides the point.

Berserk taunts me.

I do admit to being mildly curious about what kind power up Ichigo is going to pull out of his nethers to beat Ywach. And I would like to see a Uryu versus Mayuri again...
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's been dragging for me ever since Aizen invaded the Karakura Town. Mostly because Kubo doesn't want to resolve character arcs and then introduces new characters and promptly forgets them. I'm one of those cursed people that when they start something, they keep at it until it's finished or the author quits. Which is why I didn't want to keep on the Naruto Gaiden, but that's besides the point.

Berserk taunts me.

I do admit to being mildly curious about what kind power up Ichigo is going to pull out of his nethers to beat Ywach. And I would like to see a Uryu versus Mayuri again...
    I think Ichigo has already gotten his final power-up. Keep in mind we haven't seen him fully release his power since he got his new twin swords. He could be at a level far and above what he was when he fought Butterfly Aizen and we wouldn't know it since nothing has pushed him to go that far yet.

4. - Top - End - #454

I'm still expecting that he's gonna have to eat Aizen('s power)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I'm still expecting that he's gonna have to eat Aizen('s power)
    Everytime you say "eat Aizen's power" I keep getting extremely disturbing imagery inside of my head. Please, please for my sanity use the more appropriate term of "Absorb" :) I mean, outside of the 8th espada and hollows beneath Espada rank, we haven't seen anyone "Eat" another creature in order to take it's power. I can't particularly imagine Kubo going that route with Ichigo.(even having Ichigo lay hands on Aizen and turning him into a spiritual energy ball seems rather far-fetched to me).

6. - Top - End - #456

Aizen claimed that he'd "consume" Ichigo back during either the end of FKT or early Deicide(IIRC, it was before Icho trained for FGT)

I'm Expecting that Ichigo will end up "consuming" Aizen instead.

That is the entire basis of my theory. Ichigo will consume Aizen(or just his power) and evolve into a being comparable to the Soul King in order to do battle with Yhwach.

We'll see his new Bankai when he fights Uryu, though, since you know Ichigo's gonna be the one to knock some sense into his punk ass.

Also, if you wanna get technical about it, half of Ichigo's Zanpakuto is a hollow that isn't an Arancar, so...
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-07-23 at 11:48 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Aizen claimed that he'd "consume" Ichigo back during either the end of FKT or early Deicide(IIRC, it was before Icho trained for FGT)

I'm Expecting that Ichigo will end up "consuming" Aizen instead.

Also, if you wanna get technical about it, half of Ichigo's Zanpakuto is a hollow that isn't an Arancar, so...
    How do you figure? It can talk, has a humanoid shape and doesn't even have a mask. The only thing it's missing is a hollow hole, and there's no guarantee that there isn't one beneath it's clothing. His hollow self looks a hell of a lot more like an Espada then it does a hollow, or even a Vasto Lorde. https://www.google.com/search?q=Ichi...utf-8&oe=utf-8 In case you've forgotten what his hollow self looks like, it's that, and that looks a lot more like an Espada then a hollow.

As far as the Aizen bit goes, I honestly don't remember that happening, so I'll have to take your word for it(don't have the energy to find it/care about it). I just don't like the phrase "Ichigo eat Aizen", it is seriously disturbing inside my brain ^^
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2015-07-24 at 12:10 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't understand. Between Grimjow and Aizen swearing they will eat out Ichigo, what is so weird?

You fear they will take turns?

9. - Top - End - #459
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    I don't understand. Between Grimjow and Aizen swearing they will eat out Ichigo, what is so weird?

You fear they will take turns?
    That is on a far deeper level of weirdness than just "eat."

I for one doubt Ichigo will absorb Aizen('s power). There's been no foreshadowing. A lot of HUGE things in Bleach were fairly predictable, like him being part Quincy, Ol' Man Zangetsu resembling Yhwach, uhh... okay, I feel like there was more.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    A lot of HUGE things in Bleach were fairly predictable, like him being part Quincy, Ol' Man Zangetsu resembling Yhwach, uhh... okay, I feel like there was more.
    Urahara, Yoruichi and Isshin being former high-ranked shinigami?
    (Was Yoruichi ever a captain, or was she just the commander of the Onmitsu Corps?)

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    Urahara, Yoruichi and Isshin being former high-ranked shinigami?
    (Was Yoruichi ever a captain, or was she just the commander of the Onmitsu Corps?)
    If I recall correctly The Commander of the Onmitsu is also always the Captain of the Second Division. Regardless, she is the former 2nd Division Captain.
    Last edited by Razade; 2015-07-24 at 11:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That is on a far deeper level of weirdness than just "eat."

I for one doubt Ichigo will absorb Aizen('s power). There's been no foreshadowing. A lot of HUGE things in Bleach were fairly predictable, like him being part Quincy, Ol' Man Zangetsu resembling Yhwach, uhh... okay, I feel like there was more.
    You just had the ideas of 1. Ichigo being Quincy and Ichigo absorbing Aizen's power with no foreshadowing in the same paragraph...

EDIT: Then again, most of Ichigo's reiatsu-based schtick in the past is more akin the Haschwalt's, in that he leaks or gives out "power-as-the-narrative-requires" to those near him, and in that one instance where he powers up Uryuu with that silly formation.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2015-07-25 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

13. - Top - End - #463

Aizen claiming that he would consume Ichigo, and Ichigo's inherent part hollow nature, is the foreshadowing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #464

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    You just had the ideas of 1. Ichigo being Quincy and Ichigo absorbing Aizen's power with no foreshadowing in the same paragraph...
    But Quincy don't do that. Not straight up absorb. Yhwach puts his power into them and takes it back but that's it (right?).
    Aizen claiming that he would consume Ichigo, and Ichigo's inherent part hollow nature, is the foreshadowing.
    THIS! Okay, I agree. I totally forgot about this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

But Quincy don't do that. Not straight up absorb. Yhwach puts his power into them and takes it back but that's it (right?).
    Yeah, that's why the edit clarified what I said. Though to be fair, Quilge Opie does exactly just that with Sklaverei, although at this point I'm gonna assume that it's his own technique instead of something all quincies are capable of doing.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Not much happened, but that twist...dayum!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pernida is the SK's left hand! Shouldn't he then be some kind of deity too? Also, that cloak started to hilariously look like a sleeve cuff after the reveal...

We also have Mayuri being nerdsniped...wow, if that will be his cause of death, that'd be at least something unique for a change.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Not much happened, but that twist...dayum!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pernida is the SK's left hand! Shouldn't he then be some kind of deity too? Also, that cloak started to hilariously look like a sleeve cuff after the reveal...

We also have Mayuri being nerdsniped...wow, if that will be his cause of death, that'd be at least something unique for a change.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He is getting nerdsniped? I didn't notice anything happening. Would fit him though.

18. - Top - End - #468

Spoiler
    Show

Does Pernida translate to anything? That r then n makes it clearly not Japanese.

And hrm, Mayuri had a good point. Right arm made a deal with a shinigami, left with a Quincy. Weird. Maybe all shinigami and Quincy came from SK. Yhwach does refer to him as father. Maybe SK was Yamamoto's father too or something.

... Nah, the timeline doesn't work out. Yamamoto seems to precede Yhwach by a fair bit. Or hmm, maybe not. Yhwach had already done his conquering in the human world before invading SS. I could see that, Yamamoto in SS building his force, Yhwach in the human world building his force. Makes me wonder if Yamamoto was ever human, or went straight to SS.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show

Does Pernida translate to anything? That r then n makes it clearly not Japanese.

And hrm, Mayuri had a good point. Right arm made a deal with a shinigami, left with a Quincy. Weird. Maybe all shinigami and Quincy came from SK. Yhwach does refer to him as father. Maybe SK was Yamamoto's father too or something.

... Nah, the timeline doesn't work out. Yamamoto seems to precede Yhwach by a fair bit. Or hmm, maybe not. Yhwach had already done his conquering in the human world before invading SS. I could see that, Yamamoto in SS building his force, Yhwach in the human world building his force. Makes me wonder if Yamamoto was ever human, or went straight to SS.
    I'm pretty confident that most of the quincy/hollow names aren't japanese. The hollows apparently have some real world name inspiration based on architects, but the quincy names so far seem to follow the "make up a name that sounds English/Deutsch" route.

20. - Top - End - #470

I gotta hand it to Kubo, I didn't expect this. I think it's BAD, but I didn't expect it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess if you cut enough arms off, the arms will get revenge.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Real question is, SK doesn't have legs. Where are they?

22. - Top - End - #472
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Same place as the eyes?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe they saw that things were going to go bad and decided to leg it?

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

With Tsuyoshi and Takashi, I imagine. Although rumor has it that Takashi is already dead, and was replaced by Fala.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Maybe they saw that things were going to go bad and decided to leg it?
    I like the cut of your jib.

My guess was that legs were kind of a pantsy.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Seriously, is Kubo deliberately making batman references or what?
    Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    ...now we even have batclaws. I'm guessing Kubo really likes Mayuri's character, what with the latter's continuous use of perfect "plot devices".

I'm really not getting the deal with Pernida's character, though. It sure doesn't talk like the average dude. Is he kinda like Wonderweiss?

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

I must admit im kinda annoyed by Kubo's obvious love for Mayuri, mainly because i think he is a complete and utter monster myself, and i now know for certain he will newer get what he deserves.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

28. - Top - End - #478

Huh. Well I for one really liked this chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I must admit im kinda annoyed by Kubo's obvious love for Mayuri, mainly because i think he is a complete and utter monster myself, and i now know for certain he will newer get what he deserves.
    I hate Kubo's love for Mayuri and that he will never get what he deserves.

However Mayuri's Gleefully Sadistic and Evil attitude is entertaining, once a storyline we get to play "Just how creepy and uncomfortable will this guy make me feel"

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

All what Mayuri did in this chapter is either something he's done before (rearranging his body and nerves, extending his own arm) or a logical extrapolation of what he's done before (using a Quincy technique... he's the guy who dissected a good deal of them and catalogued their techniques).
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."