New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Bleach X: Deicide (this time for real)

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    All what Mayuri did in this chapter is either something he's done before (rearranging his body and nerves, extending his own arm) or a logical extrapolation of what he's done before (using a Quincy technique... he's the guy who dissected a good deal of them and catalogued their techniques).
    Also, human-headed serpentine bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by ben-zayb View Post
    Also, human-headed serpentine bomb
    I wonder if this is an explanation for the bombs when he first showed up?
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Huh. Well I for one really liked this chapter.
    I actually kinda liked it too I just would also like to reiterate that Mayuri killed a **** ton of innocent people for literally Mengella esque reasons and I don't think he should be a hero.

Also, Pernida be all like "I...not understand what you say" and it's like wow, I'm agreeing with the giant hand. Mayuri speak some bloody sense.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

For me this was one weird chapter, but that mostly comes from the Pernida side of the battle that revolves from IT BEING A HAND. Otherwise it makes sense weird sense but sense nonetheless.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I wonder if this is an explanation for the bombs when he first showed up?
    Do you mean the 12th-division-dude-bomb that had a flashback before exploding? If that's apparently a regular thing now, it makes me think why it's not an issue in SS, and why the non-Kurotsuchi members didn't transfer division.

I'm guessing blackmail, mind-control, body-control, or threats of exploding their now-bomb-implanted body.
    EDIT: I didn't see the chapter title the first time. WTH Kubo
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2015-08-06 at 08:31 PM.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

6. - Top - End - #486

Do you mean the 12th-division-dude-bomb that had a flashback before exploding? If that's apparently a regular thing now, it makes me think why it's not an issue in SS, and why the non-Kurotsuchi members didn't transfer division.

I'm guessing blackmail, mind-control, body-control, or threats of exploding their now-bomb-implanted body.
    EDIT: I didn't see the chapter title the first time. WTH Kubo
    Super Chunky From Hell exists you can't be surprised about the chapter titles now. Though yeah it is pretty awful.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There is a guy fighting a giant hand making more giant hands. This is the best.
    Now we only need Mayuri to lose and Ukitake turns up to save them by starting the greatest thumb war ever.

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Real question is, SK doesn't have legs. Where are they?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking at this seriously, we've had an arm on the quincies' side and one on the soul reapers'. Logically, the legs could be allied with the other two races, the Hollows and the humans. Let's see, are there any human or hollow characters really good at running, jumping or kicking? ... Who wants to bet on Kon being a god leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    How do you figure? It can talk, has a humanoid shape and doesn't even have a mask. The only thing it's missing is a hollow hole, and there's no guarantee that there isn't one beneath it's clothing. His hollow self looks a hell of a lot more like an Espada then it does a hollow, or even a Vasto Lorde. https://www.google.com/search?q=Ichi...utf-8&oe=utf-8 In case you've forgotten what his hollow self looks like, it's that, and that looks a lot more like an Espada then a hollow.

As far as the Aizen bit goes, I honestly don't remember that happening, so I'll have to take your word for it(don't have the energy to find it/care about it). I just don't like the phrase "Ichigo eat Aizen", it is seriously disturbing inside my brain ^^
    The white Zangetsu isn't a hollow, he's a mental representation of Ichigo's hollow(/soul reaper) side, an anthromorphic personification of Ichigo's powers and bloodlust rather than an independent soul-eating monster. When Ichigo actually becomes a hollow, he has a mask, hollow hole and doesn't speak in favour of trying to tear apart everything around him.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Who wants to bet on Kon being a god leg?
    That is so ****ing stupid it has to be true I actually am kind of upset that you've come up with this idea because it's almost certainly going to be true and it'll be like you willed it into existence by bringing it up.

But even then Kubo is a surprising guy, so I'm guessing Chad is actually both legs and his arms are the legs.

9. - Top - End - #489

White's personality is "Ichigo if her was a sentient hollow" and came about when a fragment of hollow soul that infected masaki and passed down to Ichigo merged with Ichigo's shinigami powers.

The lak of a mask can be written up as it being half shinigami.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There is a guy fighting a giant hand making more giant hands. This is the best.
    Now we only need Mayuri to lose and Ukitake turns up to save them by starting the greatest thumb war ever.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking at this seriously, we've had an arm on the quincies' side and one on the soul reapers'. Logically, the legs could be allied with the other two races, the Hollows and the humans. Let's see, are there any human or hollow characters really good at running, jumping or kicking? ... Who wants to bet on Kon being a god leg?
    Eh, I meant it as, that Soul King's legs are unaccounted for, I bet they will arrive at some point. And it will be stupid. E.g. Haswhalt was Yhach's left leg all along. And he goes on a stomping spree.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That is so ****ing stupid it has to be true I actually am kind of upset that you've come up with this idea because it's almost certainly going to be true and it'll be like you willed it into existence by bringing it up.

But even then Kubo is a surprising guy, so I'm guessing Chad is actually both legs and his arms are the legs.
    This post made me laugh several times.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #492

New chapter.

Nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopeno penopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopeno penopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope nopenopenopenopenopenopenope.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Zodiac seems so pumped to see the baby-bankai opening up its stitches. :smalltongue:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can we officially call Mayuri's modification a plotkai? Heard it used so many times before, but never had been so as appropriate as in this chapter.

14. - Top - End - #494

Spoiler
    Show
    What was the point of his bankai having its nerves on the surface to feel excruciating pain? Or was that just an unfortunate side effect of not being able to process the data yet?

Regardless, that was messed up.

EDIT: That one picture flashback was neat. I compared faces for a second.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2015-08-20 at 06:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Zodiac seems so pumped to see the baby-bankai opening up its stitches.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can we officially call Mayuri's modification a plotkai? Heard it used so many times before, but never had been so as appropriate as in this chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, but it would be perfectly in character for him to torture and mutilate his spirit sword thing to the point where he can crap like this so I think we can give it a pass
    Last edited by ryuplaneswalker; 2015-08-20 at 08:18 AM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    What was the point of his bankai having its nerves on the surface to feel excruciating pain? Or was that just an unfortunate side effect of not being able to process the data yet?

Regardless, that was messed up.

EDIT: That one picture flashback was neat. I compared faces for a second.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's so that it can shed each layer. The excruciating pain bit is just a natural drawback from having exposed nerves everywhere.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Love the image at the end of chapter where the plotkai is eating Pernida. Can't wait to see what happens next as there should be a few more interesting changes in battle position in this fight.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

18. - Top - End - #498

New Chapter! This one can be divided into two parts!

Part 1: VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT

Part 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It appears Perdy is growing and evolving, explaining his Compulsory power. He has to fight you, learning to BE you, and once he ends his fight against you he likely goes back to normal and has to relearn his next opponent. They're Compulsory Lessons he has to take. He's also saying that...the Soul King was ALWAYS a Quincy.

We then get one of the weirdest, most...Mayuri-themed confession of love ever, as Nemu sacrifices an arm to save Mayuri, and Mayuri tells her...in his own Mayuri way, that he loves her and couldn't bare the thought of her dying and him having to raise another child knowing he fails in that way. "You're only allowed to die when I order it!" with the implication that he would never order her to die.

So Mayuri's going to die, and we're seeing that he does have good sides to him, but dear lord if anyone needed to die it's him he's such a monster. But he loves his kid...even if he does creepy ****ing **** with them.

19. - Top - End - #499

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there some significance to Nemu's real/full name?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there some significance to Nemu's real/full name?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I take it that he now considers her a complete person worth of a full name. A sign of respect and from him that means a lot.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

21. - Top - End - #501
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I take it that he now considers her a complete person worth of a full name. A sign of respect and from him that means a lot.
    But does it have any special meaning in Japanese?

22. - Top - End - #502

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...the Soul King was ALWAYS a Quincy.
    I meant to respond to this earlier. Great observation. Interesting.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I more meant like... have we seen a similar surname before?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    Hm. Yeah, I'm interested in that too.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #503
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Show
    I'm actually interested in how Pernida speech is evolving as if Ywhach influence as "Reio" is becoming more apparent.

24. - Top - End - #504

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Show
    I'm actually interested in how Pernida speech is evolving as if Ywhach influence as "Reio" is becoming more apparent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it's related to his C power, as mentioned earlier. I think Pernidas learns to "be" his opponent as he fights, to better outsmart them.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    Where I read Bleach, in the comment section, many people said that it means

Spoiler
    Show
    Number 7

Litteraly
    I'm from Italy. So,sorry for my bad English!

Thanks A LOT to Nevitan for the fantastic Avatar!

26. - Top - End - #506

Quote Originally Posted by Moak View Post
    Where I read Bleach, in the comment section, many people said that it means

Spoiler
    Show
    Number 7

Litteraly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uuuunlikely since none of those words mean Seven, but it's possible? We'll find out when the official translation comes out. Or at least not exactly, "Nana-" is part of 7, but it's Nanatsume, not Nanagou. But it's possible, Sino-Japanese writing combines the base of the word, in this case Nana, to the word describing it so...maybe?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-08-28 at 02:53 AM.

27. - Top - End - #507

I wonder what kanji they used. To sort of mince things, the native reading for 7 is nana and the foreign reading for number is gou (at least... if Kubo used the kanji I'm thinking of). I could see that.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2015-08-31 at 01:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #508

I see this is a double post for me, but I'm afraid it would be lost in the new chapter stuff if I delay.

One thing I wonder... did Perdina get possessed by SK's arm like Ukitake or is he/she/it straight up just the arm?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #509

I see this is a double post for me, but I'm afraid it would be lost in the new chapter stuff if I delay.

One thing I wonder... did Perdina get possessed by SK's arm like Ukitake or is he/she/it straight up just the arm?
    He is straight up the arm.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: o.0 new chapter
    Show

did.. did mayuri just get out mayuri'd, by a giant arm?
    so, anything that touches the nerves of the arm, the arm will learn from, and emulate?

also, something awesome is going to happen next chapter, i just know it
    elemental avatar by kaariane

extended signature