New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach X: Deicide (this time for real)

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm honestly not sure what Orihime and Chad were talking about when Nel showed up were they implying Hat and Clogs is a loli?
    Spoiler
    Show
    A lady which huge tits jumped onto Ichigo. Orohime likes Ichigo. The end.

This chapter was alright. Grimmjow is back yay. The Fullbringers are back, DIE.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-05-07 at 08:59 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm honestly not sure what Orihime and Chad were talking about when Nel showed up were they implying Hat and Clogs is a loli?
    Huh?

Spoiler
    Show
    The joke was that Urahara created a device that keeps Nel in her adult form because he's a pervert.
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Huh?

Spoiler
    Show
    The joke was that Urahara created a device that keeps Nel in her adult form because he's a pervert.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right I did think that it was either that or the Loli one but considering how put out Hime looked and since it came back right after the return to child form line I went with the more questionable answer.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    I would've preferred Urahara doing his plotmancy with Shishigawara instead of Yukio...I guess Riruka's okay, and at least more interesting than Yukio or butler dude.

For a second I was hoping to see another badass espada, but it's the girl with saliva-inducing throat-****. As if Yoruichi and Orihime are not enough fanservice already.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Eh I would have preferred Starrk to Grimjow at least, Nel is basically a requirement since she started this whole mess off.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think implying he's a perv, that he prefers her in that form. Same thing regarding Orihime's outfit.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

My one question about this week's chapter is where's the rest of Xecution group? Isn't it more power the better, and aren't they hanging around the Shiba residence in the Rukongai?
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

8. - Top - End - #218

Spoiler
    Show
    Jackie lost her powers, Tsukishima, Ginjo, and watch man are dead, and Gullbring goes away when you die so they're basically just ordenary souls now.

Even if the Fullbring effects being undone with the bringer's death didn't mean they lost power, those three all died to Zanpakuto, meaning their souls would have been cleansed, so no hollow powers. And since Fullbring is hollow powers...

At most, Ginjo might be a shinigami, but without an Asauchi to bond with he can't channel his powers.

And jackpot knuckle man is incredibly underpowered in this circumstance-really all of the bringers are, but Riruka and PSPboy have powers that are useful in Noncombat situations-They're here for Support.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    Eh I would have preferred Starrk to Grimjow at least, Nel is basically a requirement since she started this whole mess off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naw, everything would have happened anyway. In fact Nel involving Ichigo probably helped quite a bit rather than hurt. I like Nel, she's is a nice person (despite acting childish and the fanservice) and likely has an fairly important part to play. She is a very powerful opponent and a smart one was well. She has the added advantage of knowing two Vice Captains so there should be little if any friction with the SS people. I have a feeling the armband Hat & Clogs gave her does little more than prevent her power from leaking out from her old injury.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Naw, everything would have happened anyway. In fact Nel involving Ichigo probably helped quite a bit rather than hurt. I like Nel, she's is a nice person (despite acting childish and the fanservice) and likely has an fairly important part to play. She is a very powerful opponent and a smart one was well. She has the added advantage of knowing two Vice Captains so there should be little if any friction with the SS people. I have a feeling the armband Hat & Clogs gave her does little more than prevent her power from leaking out from her old injury.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I meant that since she was the one who sent of Ichigo to HM it would be weird if they had had another Arrancar show up and not had her there as well since she's obviously active.

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jackie lost her powers, Tsukishima, Ginjo, and watch man are dead, and Gullbring goes away when you die so they're basically just ordenary souls now.

Even if the Fullbring effects being undone with the bringer's death didn't mean they lost power, those three all died to Zanpakuto, meaning their souls would have been cleansed, so no hollow powers. And since Fullbring is hollow powers...

At most, Ginjo might be a shinigami, but without an Asauchi to bond with he can't channel his powers.

And jackpot knuckle man is incredibly underpowered in this circumstance-really all of the bringers are, but Riruka and PSPboy have powers that are useful in Noncombat situations-They're here for Support.
    Spoiler
    Show

We don't have evidence that Fullbring dies when you die. The dead Fullbringers WHERE helping Ganju beat up Quincies but then they just kinda didn't show up when Ganju did for somereason.

12. - Top - End - #222

Spoiler
    Show
    Reread the fullbringer arc: At the very end, when the final fights are going ion, Ginjo says that when a fullbringer dies, every active instance of their fullbring is reversed-specifically mentioned that all of Tsukishima's alterations to personal histories would revert when he died.

That's positive evidence that fullbring dies when the Fullbringer does.

If not, the fact that Fullbring is hollo powers and the Fullbringers were all killed by Zanpakuto...

Also, we never saw the dead Fullbringers fighting Quincy. We only saw them on Shiba property.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #223

Spoiler
    Show
    Reread the fullbringer arc: At the very end, when the final fights are going ion, Ginjo says that when a fullbringer dies, every active instance of their fullbring is reversed-specifically mentioned that all of Tsukishima's alterations to personal histories would revert when he died.

That's positive evidence that fullbring dies when the Fullbringer does.

If not, the fact that Fullbring is hollo powers and the Fullbringers were all killed by Zanpakuto...

Also, we never saw the dead Fullbringers fighting Quincy. We only saw them on Shiba property.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'd argue that's just a sign of "they died so their power stopped working". In the Soul Society they are "alive" for lack of a better term. But you have a point.

As you do with the Hollow thing, though if it's true why would they get Tsukishime to help? He's literally just a regular dude without his powers.

Well yeah but Ganju and them where gonna go bust some heads, was the idea.

14. - Top - End - #224

Spoiler
    Show
    Tsukishime is a normal Dude who knows how to use a sword and has/had some kind of spiritual power.

Even if losing fullbring, if it did happen, cost him all of reiatsu, he still knows how to sword.

In a state of total war, knowing how to sword is a useful skill to have. At bare minimum he could serve as food for the cannons, so to speak.

If losing his fullbring only cost him his abilities but not his spiritual enery, then he has experience using energy and is thus a prime candidate for becoming a shinigami.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: Tsukishima
    Show
    Didn't Tsukishima die of his injuries after the battle? If the zanpakto doesn't land a killing blow, not just a mortal one, can it purify the soul? If he isn't purified, then is it possible he brought his abilities with him?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Spoiler: Tsukishima
    Show
    Didn't Tsukishima die of his injuries after the battle? If the zanpakto doesn't land a killing blow, not just a mortal one, can it purify the soul? If he isn't purified, then is it possible he brought his abilities with him?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a good point. Hooray for Bookmark!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually I'll rather have Ulquiorra come back. Considering Ichigo defeated him only in his berserk hollow form it'll make for interesting interaction...
    Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Talking about infractions can get you infractions

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

I really wouldn't expect Ginjou or Tsukishima to show up any time soon. I don't really know if you keep your Fullbring after death, mostly because that'd imply there are a lot more Fullbringers in Rukongai and the ranks of the Shinigami than we thought. If all it takes to become a Fullbringer is for your mother to get attacked by a Hollow while she's pregnant with you, surely a lot of Shinigami would qualify?
    "Don't think of it as dying," said Death,
    "Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush."

19. - Top - End - #229

They were compared quite explicitly to Substitute Shinigami

Fullbringers are humans with Hollow Powers, Substitutes are Humans with Shinigami powers.

Presumably it's a funtion of the malleability of living human souls that allows for fullbringers to be created.

Even if they don't lose power after Death, already dead souls probably can't be born as fullbringers.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Banned

Reread the fullbringer arc:
    Reread Tite's love to recon Chad's power source is the same thing we're discussing now :p

Spoiler
    Show

Tsukishima's Book of the End

Tsukishima still holding the Book of the End while dead.

The phasing used was all traces of their ability vanishes from the world. Easily requantified to mean "from Earth" without nearly as bad of a change as we've seen Tite do out of boredom.

Spoiler
    Show
    But I wouldn't be surprise if things did change, Tsukishimi is using a Urahara invention that unleashes latent detergent powers allowing him to wipe away his enemy's past, the background, and speech bubbles.
    And now you know why it's called 'Bleach'.

Last edited by Mato; 2015-05-07 at 10:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231

There's not enough detail to prove it's the same sword.

And Chad's powers being fullbring isn't a retcon, it's perfectly consistent with everything that's been said about where his powers came from and have been told about them. We've been over this.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Banned

There's not enough detail to prove it's the same sword.
    First reaction to everything, "That's not proof!" lol. Hey guess what, saying it wasn't a retcon doesn't prove it wasn't.

Bleach is full of retcons, don't believe me if you like I could care less. I'm waiting for the day Orihime is confirmed to be part of one of the SK's recently sliced off arms.

23. - Top - End - #233

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    First reaction to everything, "That's not proof!" lol. Hey guess what, saying it wasn't a retcon doesn't prove it wasn't.

Bleach is full of retcons, don't believe me if you like I could care less. I'm waiting for the day Orihime is confirmed to be part of one of the SK's recently sliced off arms.
    There was an implication Orihime and Chad got an upgrade/power boost that was Quincy based from Hat and clogs, so them suddenly being vessels for Soul King parts would fit the timing. Of course Chad wouldn't be an arm, though, that'd be silly. He's got the arms of a devil and angel, so his LEGS would be the god leg.

24. - Top - End - #234

First reaction to everything, "That's not proof!" lol.
    Because it's not. In this particular case, the provided picture shows Tsukishima holding a katana. It might be Book of the End, but the picture is insufficiently detailed to prove that ti's book of the end.

I'll note that you're being condescending and insulting again, Mr. Demands Citations and moves goal posts but refuses to provide citations of his own unless they have jack squat to do with the topic at hand.

Hey guess what, saying it wasn't a retcon doesn't prove it wasn't.
    I don't think you understand what a retcon is. Let me explain: Retcon stands for "retroactive continuity" It is a case of the author altering the canon after the fact, and thus changing the context of earlier works. Bulma Briefs having graduated university before going out and looking for the dragonballs as depicted in Galactic Patrolman Jaco despite being shown as a highschool student in the Red Ribbon Army Saga in early Dragonball is a retcon.

Luke and Leia Skywalker being siblings after two movies of sexual tension and a passionate kiss is a retcon.

Chad being a fullbringer, a living human with Hollow Powers, is not a retcon. You can tell because it is perfectly consistent with all of the other explanations given for his power.

Explanations given are, as follows: A Result of exposure to Ichigo's reiatsu.

A Result of the Hogyoku awakening his potential powers.

Somehow hollow like.

Fullbring, a variant of hollow powers possessed by living humans who were exposed to hollow reiatsu, usually in utero.

Now then, let's check off those explanations: Ichigo is and always has been part hollow, and his hollow powers and Shinigami powers are one and the same. Meaning that exposure to Ichigo's reiatsu counts as exposure to Hollow(like) Reiatsu.

The hogyoku awakening his potential powers. Obviously, as Chad was not exposed to Ichigo's mutant Hollow/Shinigami reiatsu in utero, he likely would not have had sufficient time to absorb it to develop full fullbring, but would have had the potential to awaken it, which coupled with his desire to be strong to help Ichigo, allowed the Hogyoku to manifest it.

It being hollow like in nature is evident from it originating from exposure to Ichigo's hollow like powers, as well as the definition of fullbring.

and I just explained perfectly how the fullbring explanation is perfectly consistent with everything else.

Check mate, I accept your defeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    There was an implication Orihime and Chad got an upgrade/power boost that was Quincy based from Hat and clogs, so them suddenly being vessels for Soul King parts would fit the timing. Of course Chad wouldn't be an arm, though, that'd be silly. He's got the arms of a devil and angel, so his LEGS would be the god leg.
    1. Gaint, not angel

2. That's not nessesarily meaningful of anything-Fullbring names are made up by the fullbringer. Tsukishima's fullbring, book of the end, is not a book that foretells the end of anything, and isn't even a book-It's a sword, that he just so happens to manifest thought a bookmark
    Last edited by Rater202; 2015-05-08 at 11:40 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #235

Check mate, I accept your defeat.

1. Gaint, not angel

2. That's not nessesarily meaningful of anything-Fullbring names are made up by the fullbringer. Tsukishima's fullbring, book of the end, is not a book that foretells the end of anything, and isn't even a book-It's a sword, that he just so happens to manifest thought a bookmark
    Wow. Maybe not phrase things like that makes you come off pretty rude

Thanks, my bad.

I was making a joke

26. - Top - End - #236
    Firbolg in the Playground

So many people to respond to!
    Reread Tite's love to recon Chad's power source is the same thing we're discussing now :p

Spoiler
    Show

Tsukishima's Book of the End

Tsukishima still holding the Book of the End while dead.

The phasing used was all traces of their ability vanishes from the world. Easily requantified to mean "from Earth" without nearly as bad of a change as we've seen Tite do out of boredom.

Spoiler
    Show
    But I wouldn't be surprise if things did change, Tsukishimi is using a Urahara invention that unleashes latent detergent powers allowing him to wipe away his enemy's past, the background, and speech bubbles.
    And now you know why it's called 'Bleach'.

They look like the same sword to me. I get the feeling that Fullbringers are supposed to keep their powers when they die. Otherwise... you'll have a relatively useless bunch of people.

But it does make me wonder about other Fullbringers.
    Retcon stands for "retroactive continuity" It is a case of the author altering the canon after the fact, and thus changing the context of earlier works. Bulma Briefs having graduated university before going out and looking for the dragonballs as depicted in Galactic Patrolman Jaco despite being shown as a highschool student in the Red Ribbon Army Saga in early Dragonball is a retcon.

Luke and Leia Skywalker being siblings after two movies of sexual tension and a passionate kiss is a retcon.
    While I don't think the second example is a retcon (I mean, people have gotten married to siblings before), I do agree that Bleach is not full of retcons.

Some things were forgotten about, and if you include filler arcs then there are inconsistencies, but I do not recall the canon ever changing. Chad's powers, yeah, there were earlier explanations which don't agree with later explanations, but even Tolkien said Treebeard didn't know everything about Middle Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Wow. Maybe not phrase things like that makes you come off pretty rude
    It's like his sig says :P
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #237

Another thing, a lot of the explanations given for things like powers in bleach are just coming from people who are making guesses.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    It's like his sig says :P
    Not gonna get into that.

At any rate! I do hope Tsukishima shows up because he's the only Fullbringer I can remotely like that had a chance of coming back. Dirty Boots lady was great but she has no reason or ability to come back, so brig on pants and suspenders bookmark swordbro.

My affection for characters in this series. Creepy as mind altering guy and the lolita character that eats people with a goopy mouth.

Another thing, a lot of the explanations given for things like powers in bleach are just coming from people who are making guesses.
    A lot of the times it sounds "we're 100% sure that's what the power is" though, is the problem.

29. - Top - End - #239

And a lot of the time it's coming from people who genuinely know a lot about the circumstances, or are arrogant enough to believe that the explanation they come up with must be the correct one, or have reasons to lie.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #240

And a lot of the time it's coming from people who genuinely know a lot about the circumstances, or are arrogant enough to believe that the explanation they come up with must be the correct one, or have reasons to lie.
    Gonna be honest, what reason does Aizen or HatnClogs or really anyone have to lie to some random busty chick and her mexican-japanese friend?