New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,492 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Curse of the Crimson Throne: Seven Days to the Grave [IC]

Vivino begins in a hushed tone that barely carries to all in the room, "It did indeed seem to start off well. Things started going badly once the doctor turned himself invisible and began to run away. We all went different paths in the attempt to cut off his escape...During that pursuit we found others that turned everything much more grim and deadly. Many others seemed to show including a lady with a crossbow that could turn invisible, some sort of plague demon, and a man in an apron named Rolth I believe?"

"We were in different rooms at this point and though we tried to move between each other to support each other...it was not enough," Vivino adds in sadly.

"This Rolth had abnormally long reach with his claws and they could paralyze with a strike. I was struck with this paralysis and was not able to see much beyond my room and did not come out of it until I was already in the elevator." He nods his thanks for saving his life.

"I am saddened to report that I believe someone else was affected by Rolth's strike but did not fair as well in the end..."

Looking slowly up, "I will also answer what little I do know and help how I can."

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Colossus in the Playground

"I'm a Pathfinder-errant, not really attached to a lodge at this time," says Harsk. "I had heard one of my colleagues, a purple-haired half-elf named Telgara, was going to take a side trek from her appointed mission to check out problems in Korvosa. I was actually here already to talk with another dwarven Pathfinder a week ago, only to find out that, yeah, this city was under some kinda' plague.

"Well, my peer in town was doing some investigations, but he had his own people and brewing business to attend to, and I just got back to Avistan not long ago from Garund. I was gonna' head up to Magnimar to check in, but wanted to 'convalesce' in some of the bars of Korvosa first to come to terms with a weird curse I got hit with back in the Mwangi and maybe have ol' Dane look at it. Well, Dane gave me that information and I followed up further to find that the Hospice of the Blessed Maiden was a sick-drop, yeah, but it didn't seem that anybody was coming out of there. Even with a deadly plague about, you'd think ashes or personal effects would be returned to family's, but no. It was a place to disappear.

"Seems that while that bothered some, for the most part the rest of the city was so shut in from the pandemic they didn't care. See, it seems that the plague started in Old Korvosa near the waterfront and while it has traveled through the city - high and low - it has been the poor and unwanted that have been hit the hardest. Well, that's no damn good, and the Hospice was damn queer a hole of death as a result. I surveilled the Hospice for the past two days to see movement and track numbers. Yesterday, your son Allen and a bunch of others had gone in and I only saw your son - bloody and tearful - running out.

"So, I wanted to be fresh, figuring nobody else would go in. I waited until this morning. But where it seems like the Hospice was 'active' yesterday, today all bodies in that place were dead. In fact, it seems that many had been 'helped along' in the past 24 hours ... their throats slit. This tells me that whatever the Hospice was supposed to be, because of your son's pals payin' 'em a visit yesterday, it looks like they were trying to shut down visible operations.

"Anyway, I heard activity of a large group at the entranceway, told my brother Sigur to wait in a northern section, and I donned a Queen's Physican's outfit that I had found. I mean, punishable by death by city decree, but when you're a Pathfinder ... in for a pinch, in for a pound, right? Well, it happened to be your son AGAIN, but this time with this new group of bashers, and they struck me as a little savvy, but less inspiring.

"We had a, uh, um ... halting beginning. Some arrows were fired..."
    he looks at Adelaide at that. "But by the end, we agreed to work together. I kinda' feel bad, because a lot of resources were spent by your friends just to get the measure of me."

He takes a brief break while he takes a couple bites of food and washes it down with some type of spiced beverage.

When Harsk begins again, he gives a full, detailed report of everything that happened from his point of view. Whatever you may think of Harsk personally, it seems that he is more than well-trained at breaking down a scene dispassionately (given the time to do so) and then professionally laying out the various things that happen. In short, giving post-mission reports or debriefs are old hat to him.

"Given that this threatens a whole city," he concludes, "I would be willing to go back down once rested."

"From your description," begins Master Shyamal, "they were already on an exit footing, but hadn't fully quit themselves of their hidden complex. Also, Rolth Lam is the son of the late crimelord Gaedran Lam. His elven confederate, from your description, is Jolistina Susperio, a long-time thorn in our city's side.

"I don't know what to tell you about this spirit of the doctor, Adelaide, but I would be careful. It seems that when he died with the domination on you, that he psychically imprinted. Because of the connection he made, some part of him - an echo to full-blown possession - made its way to you. What's going to be important is going back down fresh with a new group, and getting the doctor's body as evidence, if that is possible. Are you willing to return?

"I find your endurance impressive, Vivino. Harsk's report had you straining at the leash to go back when it seems it would have been suicide to have done so. Are you willing to return?

"And Branwyn? I know the loss of your familiar likely has struck you hard, but your magical skills would be hard to come by. Would you go back?"

Branwyn shakes his head, and puts aside his plate. "Thanks for the meal and the hospitality. But this is bigger than I care to mess with. And unlike some wizards where their familiar is a nice-to-have, Lurk was paramount to my style of magic. I'm out."

Branwyn looks to Adelaide and Vivino, not even bothering with the Pathfinder dwarf who seems duty-focused, "And if you're smart, you'll leave this city before this filth washes over you, too."

With that, Branwyn leaves.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-10-21 at 09:29 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Adelaide steels herself.

"Korvosa is my home, I must try to help her any way I can. I'll need some rest, but I'll go back in. I'm not out of this fight yet."

4. - Top - End - #1474

"Do you have lodging?" he asks of Adelaide.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1475

Beholder

Vivino thinks it over for a time, including talking to himself on occasion. Then adds, "I will go back in and I wish to dish some payback onto those causing such mischief to this city and the people. Some method of protection from death and paralysis would not go unwarranted."

6. - Top - End - #1476

Master Shyamal smiles, "I am sure it would, Mister Dorsi, but I have nothing for you. Your training will have to suffice."

There is a loud knocking and a servant answers before coming to Master Shyamal and he nods to the servant.

Walking into the Vudran-appointed sitting room comes the stranger from before. Her inhuman heritage is all-too apparent. She is scaled, but her scales are practically see-through and her skin is translucent and veiny, with a jaundiced veneer. Two fleshy nubs at her head, no bigger in width or length than her own curled pinky, are vestigial horns. They are at the parallel to the vertical lines of the temples, and are hard to hide on her bald head that has a decidedly vulturine look. Around her neck is a light color of black, feathery hair.

Her prehensile tail tends to slide in a slight arc behind her as a counterbalance, but it is thicker in scales, is no broader than two men's thumbs at central diameter, and is very prehensile. The end of the tail includes a classic, diabolic "barbed" look. Her avian legs have a sleight variation in that they are definitely talons, and slightly webbed at that.

She wears a Druman blackjacket's uniform over breastplate. At her neck is an amulet that seems to represent flowing water in some way. Though the height of her head compared to a human's is quite shallow, she wears a turban or headwrap with a tiny jewled centerpiece. She wears a sash around her middle that is such a rich crimson it seems to almost be made of blood. A cloak at her shoulders has embroidery reminiscent of nettles and briars.

"Lilim," stands Master Shyamal, "my condolences for the loss of your employer and his wife."

"And you, Master Shyamal, the loss of your son," she replies.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1477

ElfRogueGirl

"My family lives in the shingles, if I needed to I could get a room nearby."

Adelaide responds.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Master Shyamal nods to Adelaide. "If you wish, I offer the hospitality of my home for the evening, should you accept."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1479

"That same hospitality extends to all of you, of course," says Master Shyamal.

"I now look after the al-Din children, and am the executor of the estate until Izz al-Din, their maternal grandfather, sends persons from Druma to take over the estate of his daughter and son-in-law, so I cannot," replies Lilim.

Do any of you have anything to say/ask of the bird-lady Lilim?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1480

Beholder

"Thank you for the offer Master Shyamal. I would like to take you up on your offer and thank you for your hospitality.

Lady Lilim, thank you for rescuing one of our compatriots. May I ask how did you come to be down there? Is there another way down besides the elevator? What do you know of that terrible place? It seems we went down there last time without enough information and would like to know all that is possible....And would you be able to help us when we go back there?"
    Vivino starts off slow but then his desire for information causes him to speed up his questioning without realizing it.

11. - Top - End - #1481

ElfRogueGirl

"It would be my honor to stay here this evening." Adelaide says to Master Shyamal.

"Lilim... It was you beneath the Blessed Maiden. Have you any word of our companions... did anyone else make it out with you?"

12. - Top - End - #1482

Quote Originally Posted by Moriar View Post
    "Lady Lilim, thank you for rescuing one of our compatriots."

"Please do not refer to me as 'Lady,'" Lilim says. "I served a lady. I am not one."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriar View Post
    May I ask how did you come to be down there? Is there another way down besides the elevator? What do you know of that terrible place? It seems we went down there last time without enough information and would like to know all that is possible....And would you be able to help us when we go back there?" Vivino starts off slow but then his desire for information causes him to speed up his questioning without realizing it.

Lilim does wait until Vivino finishes rattling off his questions, and then answers in simple, clipped answers. "Magic. Doubtful. Less than you. I am there for vengeance, not camaraderie. If anything, you would be helping me."
    Quote Originally Posted by H8teradio View Post
    Adelaide ... "Lilim... Have you any word of our companions... did anyone else make it out with you?"
    "They are in the Lady of Graves' hands now," Lilim answers cryptically.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1483

Beholder

Vivino thinks and nods multiple times as if thinking through a long dissertation...then says, "Thank you for those answers; they answer a fair amount of information actually. So how would we be able to help you?"

14. - Top - End - #1484

"Be here and ready when I call on you after your lunch the day after tomorrow, with whatever reinforcements might suit you." she answers. "I give you that time that you may heal, and spend a day in proper mourning for your fallen. Their memory should not be abated for expediency or perceived pragmatism."

She nods to Master Shyamal, which for her is a weird side-nocking of her vulturine head. She then departs.

Harsk looks to everyone. "True, we are all wounded, and I don't know if we could be healed by tomorrow. But I said I had a contact in town that may throw in on this mission. I would take your hospitality, Mastery Shyamal, if you will allow me to return later this evening that I may contact my colleague quickly."

Master Shyamaml has Harsk shown out.

Anything other than rest for Vivino and Adelaide?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1485

Beholder

"Master Shyamal, would you know of anyone that we could contact for further assistance in this matter? My people skills are typically lacking." Vivino admits. "I feel that someone of faith and or arcane ability would be useful in this expedition. Though any willing to assist in this matter would be useful no matter their expertise."

Spoiler: RP Crunch
    Show

If Shyamal knows of people to check with, Vivino will ask if Adelaide would be willing to assist in recruiting reinforcements.

If he does not, he will approach Adelaide with the same question.

Either way, Vivino would indeed like to rest up and also record what little he knows of his former companions and immortalize them in his journal and or a small shrine if Master Shyamal will allow one to be constructed.

16. - Top - End - #1486

Master Shyamal ruefully answers, "The lot of you were the reinforcements."

Harsk will return later and say, "I have two who will help us. Fellow Pathfinders. One is a holy warrior of Cayden Cailean, the other a bard of Shelyn. They will meet us for lunch day after next as set by Lilim."

Meanwhile, no ... Master Shyamal has a home, not a mausoleum, and will not have death shrines set up by those who do not live in his home.

Do Adelaide (who also knows of nobody who can help) or Vivino do anything else that night?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1487

Beholder

Vivino will document what he can in his own journal about his compatriots. But otherwise will rest and pass the night.

18. - Top - End - #1488

ElfRogueGirl

Adelaide is ready to turn in for the evening. It hasn't been a particularly long day, but it's been VERY eventful. She's going to process the days events and rest.
    Last edited by H8teradio; 2021-10-25 at 10:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1489

Thank you to everyone .... living players and one no longer with us ... who have played Curse of the Crimson Throne: Seven Days to the Grave!

But, as of now, we are almost to our maximum limit and on the 50th page, so we need to jump to a new thread, which I will post as soon as it is constructed.

New Thread: Curse of the Crimson Throne: Seven Days to the Grave II [IC] ... The Exciting Conclusion!

MODS, this game is now closed. I am keeping it in subscriptions for the purpose of archiving, but there will be no more posts to this thread as we've moved to the second one.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-10-26 at 03:03 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1490

SamuraiGirl

Ernak jukes forward at the hobgoblin, hoping to bluff it off balance. Regaining his defensive posture, the man brings his earthbreaker down at the goblinoid soldier. Calling out to a nearby ally, Ernak offers, "Run! I'll cover your escape!"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Move: bluff to feint, (1d20+17)[18]
    Standard: maneuver of some sort, attack (1d20+17)[19], damage (2d6+10)[16]
    Swift: boost maneuver to give ally 10 ft move for free

21. - Top - End - #1491

Runa nods, picking herself up off the ground and turning to flee. "Fine, but don't make yourself into a martyr, hear?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Stand up
    Free: Quick mount Diva, auto-pass but for sake of practice (1d20+15)[28] Ride
    Standard: Fly 80 ft. away atop Diva

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Jacintha glances at her companion. "If you're sure!" She makes one last strike with her psychic kukri, before turning and running away.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard Action: Strike with Psionic Kukri.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+15)[33]
    Damage: (1d4+9)[12]

Move Action: Acrobatics Check to move out of a threatened square: (1d20+16)[25]
    Moving 30 feet away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable